1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

John Stone's Picture Gallery and Video Archive

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by John Stone, Feb 1, 2004.

1. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Wait until you're 40. :lol:

2. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

If that were true then I'd probably not be here right now, because I think I would have killed Shelly Duvall for real.

4St5Wp8v4NaG.jpg

3. J_W

J_W Well-Known Member

My parents are like that too. They've seen how much fitness has improved my mental wellbeing and they've seen what happens when I don't exercise or eat well for whatever reason. It's gotten to the point where my mom has volunteered to pay for my supplements and gym membership because she views it as vital to my continued happiness :lol:.

You could never disappoint me :dreamy:. If I can scrape together the money, I'll be there.

4. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

I know I sound like a broken record, but I just had the most incredible workout. Right now I need a shower--badly--so I'll talk more about the workout in tomorrow's update.

I'm starting to feel like I'm approaching my old level of strength and conditioning. It's very satisfying.

One new picture today....

11112008_chest.jpg

5. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

Last time I saw an image like that, Eric Bana was turning green and ripping off clothes! The traps are really looking awesome.....

6. HevyMetal

HevyMetal Well-Known Member

Looking good sir!!!...Congrats!!

I take it you're not a Shelley Duvall fan?

Obviously her acting style causes you great anguish....:)

7. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

And this is the reason bulking>cutting:eat:

8. zenpharaohs

zenpharaohs Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Do you ever find that the early sets of delt exercises are sometimes are less comfortable than the later sets?

9. optheta

optheta Active Member

For all you beard Growers out there How the hell do you manage to not scratch your Neck off when you are growing your beard? Freaken i get the craziest Urges to scratch and it does not help either with the pimples when i scratch lol.

I got a deal from 2 friends that if i dont shave for 3months they would give me 150 dollars. But as it stands i cant stand the itchiness that insues from a beard.

10. DFS

DFS Well-Known Member

It subsides, for me in about a week or so. I guess for some it's worse/longer.

11. dickev

dickev Active Member

Keep going with the beard man.
    Starting to look very Hercules with the wrist straps, just need the sword and sandals!

12. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

They look pretty good when I'm bent over like that and pumped, but standing straight they still don't have much height to them. I'd love to get them looking like they do in that photo all the time!

Thanks, Hevy. :)

:nod:

I definitely enjoy bulking WAY more than cutting. What's not to like? Lifting heavy-assed weights and eating a ton of food every day. Sounds good to me! :eat:

Not really. Has this been the case for you?

I don't know if this is related, but often times I find the very first rep of many exercises is more painful and "difficult" than subsequent reps. Chest dips are a particularly good example of this phenomenon.

The itching was bad for me, too. I'm approaching the end of week five now, and it's finally easing up.

Yeah, I think I'll grow it until at least the end of my bulk.

13. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

:eek:

That is a crazy avatar, John. Ha, I just noticed it. You are a throwback to the great bodybuilders of the 60' and 70's, thick, hard, dense, muscle that did not reek of superficial overtones. Those guys looked strong, because they were strong.

You seem to have cultivated numerous distinctive traits from Arnold, Steve Reeves, Mike Katz, Jack Dillingham, Ray Mentzer, and Platz, amongst others of that era.

Your chest has come up big. Using Vince Gironda's phraseology, he would describe it as "two protrusional slabs of muscle". :cool:

14. tsk2264

tsk2264 Active Member

John Stone for Guv'nor of Florida!!! :D

15. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Thanks, Aram! I just took that picture yesterday after my insane chest/triceps workout. I think it's the beard, though: it puts 10 pounds of mass on me. :spaz:

I'm flattered that you would even mention me in the same breath as those guys. I am truly not deserving of such an honor. :o

The bodybuilders from the 60s, 70s and early 80s are the ones that inspire me the most. I know today's "big name" bodybuilders work as hard (or harder) than anyone, but their physiques are just freakish, and not at all pleasing--at least not to my eyes. That's why photos of guys like Mentzer, Arnold and Zane are on my gym walls. :nod:

I've been hitting my chest hard. My pecs are one of three muscle groups that I felt was seriously lagging (delts and traps are the other two, obviously). So far on this bulk I've added 1.5 inches to my chest measurement, and I'd like to double that number before I'm done.

I don't think I'd make much of a politician. :scared:

16. MAD180

MAD180 Well-Known Member

Looking big and strong John, inspirational as ever! Keep up the good work :tu:

17. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

Coincidentally, this is why we are much fatter than we would like :lol:

18. optheta

optheta Active Member

Are you saying you dont want to be like Ronnie Coleman?! Lol

On subject of bodybuilders anybody get a kick out of how Ronnie in his videos after he does a heavy set says "lightweight". Everytime he says that i crack up.

19. dickev

dickev Active Member

Other Ronnie pearls:

"Nothing but a peanut"
    "Got to dig deep"
    "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, nobody wanna lift heavy-ass weight"
    "Yeah buddy"

20. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

I'll write about today's workout in tomorrow morning's update. In a word? Tremendous.

One picture tonight. Battle scars:
    11132008_battle_scars.jpg

I was mislead. Turns out bodybuilding isn't just Playboy models, stacks of cash and Lamborghinis. :madpimp: