1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

John Stone's Picture Gallery and Video Archive

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by John Stone, Feb 1, 2004.

1. uRi

uRi Well-Known Member

seriously you are huge... great looking.

2. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Thanks, uRi. :o

I really have lost a lot of size, but by the end of this bulk I should be filling out my shirts a little better than I am now. :)

3. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Outstanding, high intensity workout this afternoon. I'm exhausted.

One new picture for today, a chest progress shot from the front (only took a side last week):

10212008_chest.jpg

4. Ectomorphic

Ectomorphic Active Member

5. chicanerous

chicanerous Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

There's something awesome about this picture and it's located on your face. :dreamy:

And, you're packing on clean lean mass fast. :tucool:

6. Nowhereman

Nowhereman Well-Known Member

John, Happy b-lated B-day. You look better at 40 than most people do at 20! Congrats on all your success.

7. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

Agreed :tu:

8. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

John,
    Happy belated birthday. I read in more then one place on the forums, about an amazing photo of your toaster oven. I couldn't find where it is located. Also, you avatar is a black & white photo, but you are wearing a blue shirt. How do you make that happen?

9. Ectomorphic

One way to do that, basically, is to duplicate the photo into another layer and make the top layer black and white. You then erase whichever parts of the top layer you want to be in color, since the bottom layer is in color.

Or maybe the layers were the other way around, black and white on the bottom and color on top. :confused: Either way, you get the general idea.

10. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Hell yeah! :spaz::spaz::spaz:

:lol:

I'm only at day 12. It should really fill out over the next few weeks. :nod:

It itches when I sweat. :(

Thanks, Adam. :)

Thank you very much! :)

Thanks! :)

I'm not aware of a picture of my toaster oven on the site or the forums. Are you talking about the photos of my bulking meals?

Anyway, here's the toaster oven I own. It rocks.

Easiest way is just to selectively desaturate all the colors you don't want. Very easy in Photoshop and, I suspect, most other image editing programs. :tucool:

11. Ectomorphic

I dunno, I thought my way was pretty simple. :(

:p

12. SwoleCat

SwoleCat Well-Known Member

That chest and those arms/delts are looking freakin' huge brutha.

It's been a while since I've "really" checked out your current state, and I must say I am very impressed at your results.

Then again, it all starts w/the "mental", and if that's not right, the physical will never follow and falls off the cliff instead of staying on the path. Your mental has always been 100% focused, hence the success we see in your updates EVERY time.

Great work buddy, absolutely great. :tucool:

~SC~/Chris.......

13. Ectomorphic

Hey John, I was looking at your training info trying once again in vain to find out what specific exercises you do you do, and I noticed this in your 2008 bulking section.

You have November 3 - November 30th listed twice. :confused: Shouldn't the first one be September 29th - October 26th, and shouldn't the year for the December part be 2008? :confused:

14. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

You haven't missed much! I've had a lot of distractions in my life over the past year and have been pretty much on cruise control from a mass gaining standpoint. In fact, I've actually lost a lot of size over the past year. Right now I'm a few weeks into a new bulk and doing well, and I expect to put on a lot more mass in the coming months.

Thanks very much, Chris! :)

http://www.johnstonefitness.com/php/2007bulkingworkouts.php

I really need to update my training page with a hyper-linked table of contents so that finding what you are looking for will be much easier. It's on my to-do list. :nod:

Yeah, typos. Thanks, I'll fix them. :o

15. donj02

donj02 Well-Known Member

John, hope you can handle a question in the form of constructive criticism. First, I've been following your site for several years now and am nowhere close what you have done with your transformation but someday hope to be. Do you work traps much? Just my opinion but it looks like your traps fall behind the rest. Just wasn't sure if that was the hand you were dealt or just because you don't concentrate much on that area. Thanks for the great site and I enjoy following your progress and all the activity in your forums. Usually I'm a lurker for the most part but decided to ask about this after a few years of wondering. :)

16. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Hah, no worries, man. Believe me, I know that my traps are horrible. I've worked them very hard over the years using traditional trap builders (deads, shrugs) and also moved on to less mainstream trap exercises like behind-the-back shrugs, rack pulls, jump shrugs and power cleans. I actually have somewhat decently developed traps, but there's absolutely no height to them. While I suppose gentics is playing a large factor in my lack of trap height, that doesn't mean that I'll ever give up. I've been working them hard on this bulk, and will continue to do so. :tucool:

17. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

I know it sounds silly but high rep STRICT form stuff helped me, thrown in after my power cleans

18. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Bicep shot from the front:

10232008_bicep.jpg

While some definite improvement has been made so far on this bulk, I have to admit that I did not want to post this picture. My arms are just shy of 17.5" this week (with a bicep pump), but that's considerably (and noticeably) smaller than than my peak arm size.

It stings my pride knowing that I've gone backwards, but I'm using that to help fuel my comeback. :nod:

19. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Thanks, D. :)

Actually Adam (Chicanerous) has drawn up what seems to be a very solid trap-building plan that will either work, or destroy me. I'll talk about it in tomorrow's update. :)

20. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

Listen to Adam, that dude has some traps :eek: