1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

John Stone's Picture Gallery and Video Archive

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by John Stone, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

Couple of things.

First, the place looks amazing. As I work closely with landscape architects often, I know that a good LA is not cheap, neither is their product, but this work appears to be well worth the cost.

And second - you ready for this? On top of all the other crime going on around here, keep an eye on all your new landscaping! A friend of mine just had her brand new home in northwest Orlando robbed of all of its brand-new landscaping - within days of closing. The landscaping was completed last Saturday. The thieves took about $3,000 in plants/trees this past Sunday/Monday in the middle of the night. They were supposed to close on the house this week, and it has been postponed due to the theft as all the landscaping has to be re-ordered and re-done.

Who the hell takes the time to dig up and steal plants in the middle of the night? Bunch o' animals in this town... [/Randall]

-R

2. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Thanks!

One of the things I like about the guy who did our landscape is that he designs with the growth of the plants in mind. He wants everything to look great many years from now. He did our landscaping back in 2005 at the old house, and three years later everything looks even better than the day he finished.

Yeah, it's a corner lot. It's around a half acre.

Thanks, Rog!

Yeah, it was a really big investment, but one we made without hesitation. Not only does the lush landscaping add a lot to the home's look (and value), but Lisa and I enjoyed the upgraded landscaping at our old house so much that we couldn't wait to do something even cooler here. We're 100% satisfied.

Dude, we had some of our landscaping stolen the day before we closed! It wasn't big deal, as they took crap plants and they were replaced right away by the builder, but the idea that someone would do that is just bizarre. After talking to my neighbors, it seems that almost everyone had plants go missing the day before they closed! Not one single person I've talked to has ever had a problem after moving in. It seems like in all the cases it's an inside job.

That said, yeah... I'm concerned about theft. I've got my security cameras watching over everything, and at night the IRs glow red and are very visible. The DVR records any motion, and if any of the cameras lose power or video an alarm goes off. You know what goes off after the alarm (rhymes with "rock", and is much louder).

3. DFS

DFS Well-Known Member

Yo, that would be the most hilarious headline ever!

"THIEF SHOT DEAD ATTEMPTING TO STEAL CANARY ISLAND DATE PALM"

Ha, dude would deserve it!

4. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

:eek:

icecream.jpg

:scared::scared:

5. Hmac58

Hmac58 Active Member

Hey John,

I love the house - I've been a residential and commercial appraiser for 15 years and your house is beautiful. I love the lines and the "stone" work - very nice - not too much of it either - just the right amount.

The landscaping really stands out at me too - since it is so different than what I normally see for homes in Missouri! I like it.

Enjoy it and enjoy your time off this week.

Monte

6. Apolon

Apolon Well-Known Member

Beautiful house John and :lol::spaz: at the Ice cream truck!!

7. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Thank you very much!

The stone accent work is an option offered by our builder, but we elected to hire a company independently after we closed so we could have more control. The color and the layout we picked are not offered by the builder, so we've got something unique in this neighborhood.

We were going for a very lush, tropical feel, and I think Vince achieved that, and then some! I think the landscape will really shine as the plants grow out and become established. For example, the 60 Jasmine plants will spread out and form a thick, deep green ground cover in part of the garden. The surrounding plants will really jump out against the deep green. I'm also very excited about seeing the two Crepes in bloom, as well as the Cassia plants. :nod:

Thank you--I just signed off from work, so I'm officially ON VACATION!! :spaz::spaz:

I'm going to go take a shower and make a drink. :madpimp:

Thank you! :)

The ice cream lady saw me take the picture from my office window. She looked at me with the one of most confused expressions I've ever seen. Yeah, nice acting. I know what she's really up to. :scared:

8. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

You like in such a nice house now, it is nicer then most vacation places. If I were you, I would hate to leave my house. You live in Orlando, I think that is the number one or number two vacation destination in the US, so technically you are always on vacation. :tucool:

9. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

I think my boss would agree with the last part of your final sentence. :lol:

I pretty much stay away from the areas most people come to Orlando for. I mean, I've been to the attractions many times over the years, but usually it's when a friend or family member comes to town and wants to go. Thankfully my mom and her friend are not into the "touristy" type stuff, so we'll be checking out some of the more hidden Florida wonders while they are in town.

Thanks, Chris! :)

10. Akutsito

Akutsito Active Member

Wow, its been sure a while since i came around these places... (not that anyone noticed i was missing haha...).

You know John, im sure im not the first to say it, but in your words, posts, logs, etc, you give people a lot to look up to, to never give up, to go on, to go ahead, no matter the situation to keep your head up...

I've been passing trough hard momments (depression =\), wow, actually writing it its hard..., been lacking of strenght to go ahead, lack of a purpose to, but reading your posts, re-reading your entries really help..., really help with this, i need to make a change in my life..., not tomorrow, but today, in a lot of matters, not only fitness, what can i say, really, thanks for all the effort you put on all of your updates, and congratulations for everything you've accomplished, you're certainly one to look up to :).

Glad to hear you got a new house and its looking nice, hope everything goes as you plan.

Thanks a lot again, indirectly you've helped me a lot :)

11. TheRyanator

TheRyanator Well-Known Member

Real funny about the ice cream truck...next time stand in the same window with your Bushmaster and see what her response is :lol:

Enjoy your vacation!

12. new_grounds

new_grounds Active Member

13. Rhinosaur

Rhinosaur Active Member

that shi* is scary!!! its like a bunch of dead kids eating themselves or some creepy goth shi* like that holy crap!!! i would move if that truck drove around near my house.

14. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Thank you, and welcome back! :)

15. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

The third and final phase (the continuous concrete edging) of the landscaping project has been completed, and so the exterior of our home is now finished!

The weather is absolutely perfect, so I took the final exterior shots, and I also have the final construction animation.

Here is the 35th and final frame of the animation:
    35.jpg

The complete animation can be viewed here.

Here are the rest of the pictures:
    landscaping_front_phs3_1.jpg

landscaping_front_phs3_2.jpg

landscaping_front_phs3_3.jpg

landscaping_front_phs3_4.jpg

landscaping_front_phs3_5.jpg

landscaping_front_phs3_6.jpg

landscaping_front_phs3_7.jpg

The crape myrtles in that last shot are bare now, but this summer they will look amazing. I'll probably get some more photos when everything is in bloom.

I'm going to get back to my vacation now (I'm having a blast!) :)

16. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

:eek:

Holy moly! All you need is a moat and drawbridge, along with some knights in shining armor, plus a few of those guys who guard Buckingham Palace and you are straight bro! :tucool:

:claplow::bow:

17. Apolon

Apolon Well-Known Member

Wow the borders really make look awesome. Unbelievable job they did.

18. henderjr

henderjr Well-Known Member

Amazing John!

19. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

I looked into the moat, but the HOA wouldn't approve it. :cry:

Thanks very much! We're really happy with everything and have been spending a lot of time outside in the front yard this past week. :nod:

20. sodomojo

sodomojo Active Member

John, I noticed you put the supplements you will be using with this next cut. I'd love to see you take RESULTS. It would be interesting to see if it has any effect or advantage for you.