1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

John Stone's Picture Gallery and Video Archive

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by John Stone, Feb 1, 2004.

1. akm3

akm3 Well-Known Member

John your internal scale is completely screwed. You still look fantastic.

I worry you are teetering on mental illness if you think you look 'out of shape'.

I honestly can't tell a difference from your most recent photos, so you aren't as 'competition shape' as you were, but you are still in nearly perfect physicial condition.

Not that you should be happy and rest on your laurels, but don't be so hard on yourself! 3 weeks 'off' (hardly sounded 'off') is NOT that big of an impact. You just have to get your muscle/memory working in sync again.

2. Merk

Merk Satan is my spirit animal

Well my man, I'm not going to sugar coat anything, from what I could see from your pic, you are holding some fat. But with the amount of muscle you have and how anal you are with your training and diet, it'll come off quick. This is something we both know.

Now I would have to agree with the other guys, you look damn good considering the amount of time off you took from proper dieting and training.

....Dude, you are built like a brick s*** house. Be proud :bow:

3. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Yeah, it was close to 2 months with no lifting, no cardio and very crappy food. You don't recover from that overnight, and that's what I keep reminding myself when I feel discouraged.

While I don't look like a guy who's never seen the inside of a weight room, I also don't look anywhere close to my best, and that's what I go by. :)

I've definitely got some extra adipose to lose. I'd say I'm around 11-12% body fat right now. I'll be taking a 7-point reading this weekend.

4. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Yeah you're definitely a freak! A FREEEAAAK! :tu:

Your body really needed the time off. If you go on another cut, 6% bodyfat is going to look much different on you next time. Although, I think you will easily get into the 5% range. End result? More striations, leaner midsection, larger traps, more impressive X frame, and more crevisses and valleys going on with the back, and basically a more dimensional look with deeper cuts. We'll have to put you on the cover of a comic book. IMO :cool:

:tucool:

5. Merk

Merk Satan is my spirit animal

I hear ya man, I'm sure almost all of us feel that way for sure.

In due time you'll be right back where you were.

I agree with Mastover. You needed that time off, especially to help those nagging pains and whatnot. Get back at it fresh and refocused. :tu:

6. TheRyanator

TheRyanator Well-Known Member

The ice cream truck is definitely a conspiracy. Sounds like something out of a movie. Someone is out to get you...but at least you will see them coming with all your cameras!

( Jk0?:confused: ) :eek:

7. Croz

Croz Active Member

The ice cream truck is actually a surveillance truck full of cameras and electronic monitoring gear. They're trying to get access to your security system and they use the drive-by's as tests.

I just like the idea of John at his desk, looking at his camera monitors, watching an ice cream truck full of guys watching John's house on their camera monitors.

8. PlainGreyT

PlainGreyT Active Member

I personally think you should chase off the ice cream truck with a rake and post the security video :)

9. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

:scared:

10. Ectomorphic

Ectomorphic Active Member

:lol: That reminded me of something out of Safe House, with Patrick Stewart, minus the ice cream truck part. :D

Better than coming around at 9am though, is when they come around in the winter time in a place that's actually cold in winter.

11. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

LOL at "ice cream truck". Yeah we have those trucks drive thru my neighborhood all the time. The funny thing is, they have all their windows tinted, and have a oval tinted bubble window in the back. They never stop to sell any ice cream, though.... :lol:

12. jdb-44

jdb-44 Active Member

Bloody ice cream truck tunes!

I had to deal with those in the apartment complex I used to live in. What bugged me most was that the damn music just repeated the first several bars of some cheesy tune like The Entertainer or Turkey in the Straw...and they never played the "B" section of the melody. Anyone familiar with the melodies would, in their own mind, expect to hear the next section...but nope. Just a maddening, broken record-like repetition of the "A" theme. Argg!!!

Jared

13. Ectomorphic

Ectomorphic Active Member

Yes. The Entertainer is a such a neat tune (was my ringtone for a phone I had back in 2002), but it never gets passed that first bit. :(

14. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

My biggest issue with ice cream trucks that I see are how creepy everything about them is. The driver looks fresh out of prison and the van has a window unit A/C in the back window. WTF are parents thinking letting their kids buy from these guys? Maybe I just live in a crappy neighborhood where the legit ice cream trucks are afraid to go.

15. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

What's really creepy is that the ice cream truck has only come by my house once after this morning's update was posted. :eek:

16. TheRyanator

TheRyanator Well-Known Member

17. Antimatter

Antimatter Well-Known Member

Why eat cod in the first place? You actually had that stuff for breakfast, even american indians turned it down

18. bmacntmac

bmacntmac Well-Known Member

Start the rumor that the ice cream man turns the music on in his truck when he is out of ice cream. I believed that until I was about 10. :doh::o

19. DFS

DFS Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the weather talk this morning John. They're calling for 1-3 inches of snow here in PA...again. Grrrr!

:)

#5119 DFS, Feb 29, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  20. Croz

Croz Active Member

I'm one of those Floridians John was talking about. Caught myself bitching yesterday because it was "so cold." Then I realized that it was 21 degrees in my home town in Michigan. I stopped bitching.