1. JSF is shutting down on February 12, 2020. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

John Stone's Picture Gallery and Video Archive

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by John Stone, Feb 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beginner84

beginner84 Active Member

nice work john, your physiqe really looks tight !

btw, i just came across a german bb forum where they talk about "this johnstone guy" and the usual
    blablbla natural not natural discussion come up, and they were talking about the use of prohormones
    in america which generally still runs as natural - wheres here in europe, they are mostly outlawed and illegal to possess.

what is your oppinion on this i wonder ? ever tried some ?

2. Ectomorphic

Ectomorphic Active Member

I think it's a sort of "2 steps forward, 1 step back" thing, with the 1 step back being losing fat. Rather than taking 8 steps forward all at once, and then 4 steps back all at once, you do it a little at a time.

That's my first theory. The second being that it's more of a continuous "I want to do it cleaner and better than last time" thing over and over.

I prefer the first theory though. Of course, it may be something else entirely. And knowing me, it probably is. :p

3. John Stone

John Stone John Stone
    Staff Member Owner

:nono: That's not "yo-yo" dieting: that's called "Falling off the wagon". :nod:

Good to see you back on it. :)

It depends on the person's goals. If the person wants to add 5-10 pounds of muscle, that could conceivably be done with one bulk and one cut. But if the person wants to add 40 or 50 pounds of muscle, that realistically can't be done in one bulk--it takes many years to add that kind of muscle (at least naturally), and I chose to do it over several bulking and cutting cycles.

Just because some prohormones are legal in the US, doesnt make them "natural". Prohormones interrupt the body's natural production of testosterone, just like steroids, and testosterone is increased through chemical means. That's as far from "natural" as one can get.

Prohormones are also very hard on the body (the liver and other organs take a real pounding when they have to deal with oral prohormones) and the long term health effects of these "designer" drugs can not be known. These compounds are created to take advantage of loopholes in current US law. The people who make them don't give a rat's ass about our health--they are out to make a buck.

That's my opinion on prohormones. And no, I've never used them, but I have read up on them.

4. AndiMAC

AndiMAC Well-Known Member

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh ok, now I finally understand. Thanks, John.

5. Antimatter

Antimatter Well-Known Member

John, are there any mental tricks that you haven't shared that keep you "in the zone" when the going gets tough to keep on your diet, work out when you don't feel like it, and continue on your path to success? Being an overly logical thinker, I often have to have a specific thought pattern to use over and over to keep myself from going berzerk with junk food every now and then. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

6. John Stone

John Stone John Stone
    Staff Member Owner

That's certainly a subject I've covered many times over the years (I assume from your question you've read some, or all, of it), but if I think of anything new I'll certainly mention it!

There is definitely a mental process I go through when I feel like skipping a workout or whatever (little "tricks", if you will), but ultimately it all really boils down to mental discipline and desire.

As I've recently learned, there's nothing wrong with going bezerk with junk food every once in awhile. Just don't make a habit of it, and, when you do, relax and enjoy it. :tucool:

7. gazareth

gazareth Senior Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Woah, delts are looking awesome there John :tu:

8. John Stone

John Stone John Stone
    Staff Member Owner

Thanks, Gaz! :)

9. John Stone

John Stone John Stone
    Staff Member Owner

We now have financing for the new house, so the project will definitely be happening!

I plan to visit the job site several times per week once they break ground, so I thought it would be fun to document the construction progress from start to finish with photos, videos and commentary.

I'm putting the new home journal in the VIP section because I don't necessarily want some of this stuff archived in the various search engines. Here's the link (you'll need an upgraded membership to access it.)

10. AnonIMust

AnonIMust Well-Known Member

But is it healthy?

John, today's update reminds me of a question I periodically have.

You discussed the mental "fog" you are in today, which you primarily attribute to your current eating pattern. If we assume the reason you are excercising and eating the way you are is mainly to improve your general "health", how do you reconcile knowingly and consistently doing something that your body is telling you is "not right"? By definition, aren't you engaging in the same type of behaviour ("unhealthy") that you are trying to avoid? I for one think I know the foggy feeling you are describing, and it is not a pleasant feeling, or one I would associate with "fitness". To me, it says "you did or are doing something wrong".

Don't take this as an attack or questioning your plan or execution, I am just more curious about how you -as an extremely succesful person who has transformed his health- view things like this which to me may be contradictory to the ultimate goal. Thanks.

11. John Stone

John Stone John Stone
    Staff Member Owner

Fair question.

It's simple: this is very temporary, and I only experience moments like this morning infrequently, and for short periods of time (like the very first thing in the morning). Once I finished my cardio and ate breakfast, I was just fine. If I felt like I did this morning all day, I would not do carb cycling (there are other ways to reach low body fat).

12. AnonIMust

AnonIMust Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks for the response. But how do you wiggle your way out of THIS quote then:
    Just Kidding! Seriously thanks for the response, your accomplishments are fantastic.

13. gazareth

gazareth Senior Member

Media:
    Albums:
    John, have you ever missed a workout for reasons other than illness, injury or vacation? It occurred to me that I've read a few updates from you where you talk about how you haven't been in the mood to workout but have done it anyway, and I've read a few updates where you've had an unscheduled cheat meal, but I don't recall seeing one where you've missed a workout. Just curious :)

14. John Stone

John Stone John Stone
    Staff Member Owner

Cunning use of the ellipsis...

Not anytime in recent memory. I definitely have not missed even one workout since I started my bulk back in September 2006 (except for my planned week off). I've also not been sick or injured in a long, long time.

I do seem to recall having to move a workout to the next day once (which would have been an "off" day otherwise), but I don't remember why, or when it was that I did that.

15. Antimatter

Antimatter Well-Known Member

Ah a box of cadbury eggs...

16. Falhurk

Falhurk Well-Known Member

Well, since everyone else is asking you questions here, I have one that I've been itching to ask for a little while now (and I haven't yet found it on my journey through your magnificent site here).

Where's your quote come from and why did you choose it? :D

17. DFS

DFS Well-Known Member

^^^it's from CaddyShack man! had to get that first. :-)

18. Falhurk

Falhurk Well-Known Member

You know.. people have been telling me to watch that movie for years.. I just always have forgotten. Still haven't seen it...

19. vortex72

vortex72 Well-Known Member

Ouch John, I didnt know Mercedes was that bad! I have a BMW and they offer free maintenance for 5 years 50k miles. If you really like that hardtop convertible, go get you a 335i convertible next time! I've never driven your car, but if you go test drive a 335i, I promise you won't be dissapointed :jumping:

20. John Stone

John Stone John Stone
    Staff Member Owner

My next car is going to be a Viper. :evil:

0702_a+2007_dodge_viper+4.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.