1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

John Stone's Picture Gallery and Video Archive

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by John Stone, Feb 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Stone

John Stone John Stone
    Staff Member Owner

Who do you think is going to keep it all clean? :confused:

/I'm in deep shit now.

2. gazareth

gazareth Senior Member

Media:
    Albums:
    :lol:

Saw this on the end of the daily update, after the part about the April 100 Challenge.

You say this every month, maybe it's time to start doling out "slacker badges of dishonour" to those who don't finish ;)

3. carddante

carddante Well-Known Member

:nod:

4. TheTransition

TheTransition Active Member

Does this mean if your dogs dont like the place, you consider moving? :lol: ...j/k

That's a beautiful house. From what it seems, the backyard looks huuuge..all spacey and green..One question though, if the Master Bedroom is in the first floor, what's upstairs?

#4284 TheTransition, Mar 27, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2007
  5. HobbesAB

HobbesAB Well-Known Member

at the bottom of this post:

http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showpost.php?p=455337&postcount=4290

OK, here's the plan:

Master Bedroom #1: Duh
    Bedroom #2: Guest bedroom #1
    Bedroom #3: Dedicated home theater
    Bedroom #4: Guest Bedroom #2
    Library/Bedroom #5: My office
    Loft ("Play room"): Pool table/TV/Wet bar

6. Andrew M

Andrew M Well-Known Member

Just a quick thought.

Since you've taken the plunge and are having a home built (great idea by the way, one I'll be doing when the time's right), this means you can plan your home cinema properly.

1 In-built motorised black-out blind in the window.
    2 7.1 surround hardwired into the walls, so that you can upgrade speakers etc in the future, but no extra cabling etc.
    3 Purpose built projector rig and screen/dedicated 'screen' painted on wall.
    4 Additional soundproofing in the walls (from an extra layer of drylining up to proper fancy layered insulation).
    5 Soundproofed door.
    6 Perhaps overkill, but anti-noise technology to further isolate the room from extra noise.
    7 Ensure that there is air-conditioning, and that this room can be extra cool.
    8 Reclaimed cinema seat. There are bound to be some available.

Just a few thoughts, but I'm a bit jealous of the opportunity you have to make it a stonking future-proofed system. The only thing I'd change would be to put it in a basement.

Andrew.

7. John Stone

John Stone John Stone
    Staff Member Owner

Ah, don't get me started on the theater! :D

Check! Although I don't think I'm going to motorize it since it will rarely--if ever--be opened.

Check! The builder is going to place all the connections exactly where I want them, and then send the whole harness into the large walk-in closet, which is where the equipment will be. The closet is air conditioned and will have special ventilation.

I'm also having them pre-wire the security camera system for video, audio and power. The entire security camera system will be able to see in 100% darkness up to 180 feet. Everything is saved to a DVR, and can be monitored on the flatscreen monitor or over any Internet connection/LAN. The video and audio data can also be moved off-site automatically. This is another hobby of mine that I could go on forever about, but I digress...

Check! Although I'm not painting a screen on the wall, I'm using a real permanent screen. I was going to make it motorized so it drops down, but that seems pointless since it will be a dedicated theater. Instead I'm putting curtains up and will motorize those to open and reveal the screen.

Not needed. Lisa and I always watch movies together when we are home. The house itself is very well insulated and will not intrude on the neighbors (and vice-versa).

See above.

See above.

The equipment will be in the air-conditioned and ventilated closet, so the room should be nice and cool. We have separate A/C systems for the upstairs and downstairs, so we can crank the A/C in that room up if we need to without blasting the whole house.

The seating is something I've thought a lot about. We're thinking 3 overstuffed seats with drink holders and ottomans for the front row, and 4 very nice theater seats on the back row (raised about a foot). I'm having the door that leads into the room and the door that goes into the closet swing out of the main theater so we won't need much space around the seats.

Yeah, there are no basements in Florida. You hit water if you dig that far. :)

I'm also thinking about painting the ceiling black and putting in lots of fiber optic "stars" that softly glow. I've seen this done, and it's amazing.

This is one of the most exciting aspects of the new home. I've dreamed of having a theater room for almost a decade, but opted for a home gym instead. Of course I'm glad I opted for the gym, but now my patience will be rewarded!

8. badgolfer

badgolfer Well-Known Member

Don't forget the popcorn machine. Seems to be a must have for all good home theatres.

[​IMG]

9. carddante

carddante Well-Known Member

:eek:

:spaz:

Geeking...out...so...cool!
    I wish I had stalkers too so I could require that sort of security system around my house. :(
    :lol:

10. John Stone

John Stone John Stone
    Staff Member Owner

I didn't even get to the remote-controlled minigun turrets...

11. gravityhomer

gravityhomer Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

what, they're not motion activated?

12. phitness

phitness Well-Known Member

That's almost the exact one I got for my parents' theater! :spaz: My theater has great potential - I need to get the surround sound equipment gathering in place soon!

BTW - The fiber optic stars are awesome.

13. John Stone

John Stone John Stone
    Staff Member Owner

I love popcorn. A lot. I'm afraid if I got that popcorn maker I'd turn back into a big tub of goo.

14. Devery

Devery Well-Known Member

I've heard popcorn isn't that bad IF you can stay away from the butter and salt, but that's no fun :(

15. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

You could always fill the machine with almonds. :)

Or get a vending machine. I found a nice one:

NitreanMachine.jpg

:)

16. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

Nice one Fast! I wish I had one of those where I work.....

17. gazareth

gazareth Senior Member

Media:
    Albums:
    How's the deadlift coming now John? Have you hit the big 500 yet? :)

18. John Stone

John Stone John Stone
    Staff Member Owner

:lol: :tu:

:no:

19. iceweaselsarecool

iceweaselsarecool Well-Known Member

"All right, listen up guys. 'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, except for the four assholes coming in the rear in standard two-by-two cover formation."

20. FreCKo

FreCKo Well-Known Member

John, if you don't document your moving (taking pictures of your old and new house, all the boxes, how you'll struggle for weeks de-assembling (is that even a word?) and re-assembling your titan... And of course a big picture of you with alot of alcohol when it's all done), I will be VERY disapointed in you :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.