1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

John Stone's Picture Gallery and Video Archive

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by John Stone, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Adam and Jess

Adam and Jess Well-Known Member

hahaha, skip, i saw that you posted last on this thread and thought to myself.. "i bet you anything hes going to post a photo of himself" and sure enough, you didnt disappoint, LOL.. :moon:

2. Abdominator

Abdominator Well-Known Member

Am I that predictable? :(

Yes. :D

Seriously though, I only did it to help motivate. :D

- Skip :)

3. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Happy New Year everyone!

My bulk is over, and I'm partying hard here! For example, tonight I'm preparing chicken breasts for my cut, which starts tomorrow.

Here's what's on my grill right now....

chicken.jpg

... and that is not even a week's worth of chicken!

As soon as these come off the grill, my final bulking meal goes on. :)

4. George

George Senior Member

Do you cut/measure the meat after it's cooked?

5. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Yes, I try to pick a breast close to the portion size I require, but I'll trim some off if needed and give the dogs the excess.

6. Devery

Devery Well-Known Member

Looking forward to your cut over the next several weeks John. Be sure to fill us in on the mental discipline it takes to perform the required cardio sessions.

7. Sent

Sent Well-Known Member

John in your final Bulking picture you look great, not to mention the cut that's coming up; gonna be good times, looking forward to your progress :D

#3967 Sent, Jan 1, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2007
  8. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Even though I'm on vacation and not updating the main page, I can't seem to break the habbit of wanting to write in the morning. :)

So far so good on my cut! I feel like I've already settled into my new diet, supplement intake and workout split. I actually enjoy the monotony of eating pretty much the same thing every day. That's not to say I look forward to my meals, because most of the time I don't. But that's part of my strategy: in order to get into this "all or nothing" zone that fits me so well, I have to stop thinking of food as a source of pleasure and think of it as nothing more than fuel to reach my goals--a means to an end. That's why I'm choosing not to have cheat meals, just like I did (with great success) for my initial weight loss. Cheat meals actually make things more difficult for me because they are a distraction and they keep thoughts of culinary indulgences (and how good they taste) fresh in my mind. I also know that each time I choke down yet another plate of chicken, brown rice, broccoli and water I'm improving not just my body, but also my mental discipline. I like that feeling--I like it a lot. The satisfaction I feel brings me far more lasting pleasure than the momentary delights of junk food. The resultant abs, definition and vascularity are a nice bonus, too. :)

The cardio is (at least initially) very easy: just four 20-minute sessions per week! That's nothing. Truthfully I feel like I'm taking a break from cardio right now. I'm sure later in my cut this will change!

Thank you. :)

I really am not liking how I look in that last picture. I love being big--so long as I'm lean. I am really excited to see how I'll look in 4 or 5 months at 6% body fat. :tucool:

9. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

John,
    Have you ever been recognized in person, by someone who reads your website, like when you were shopping etc.? I mean of course someone could have recognized you, and not said anything, but I mean someone who actually came up to you and said something. By the way, the photo of your chicken looks great, very appetizing.

10. Fluogen

Fluogen Well-Known Member

I've been really slacking about losing weight and exercising due to a ton of personal stuff the past year so I haven't been around the site much. It is nice to come back and see all of your progress as it is quite an inspiration. I know it is going to take time but it is good to see others who have done it. Great work, John, and thanks for the site.

11. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

My delts and traps have improved a lot since last year at this time.

01052007_delts.jpg

I think my delts will start to look especially good as my body fat gets down into the single digits: the vascularity and cuts will make probably make them appear bigger than they do now.

So far so good on my cut. I can already see less puffiness in my face and body, and my energy levels are very high. Workouts this week have been terrific!

A long way to go, though!

12. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Nah. :)

I'm eating 68+ of those every month. They are not very appetizing. :lol:

You're welcome, and we're glad to have you back! :tucool:

13. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

You definitely look thinner already. Your traps are looking especially good, and you're right, theyre one of the body parts that starts to look fascinating with really low bf%, I'm starting to get really cool veins goin in them.

14. Abdominator

Abdominator Well-Known Member

Keep up the good work, John! You're the King when it comes to getting cut. I have no doubt that you're going to look even more impressive once you hit your target weight.

- Skip :)

15. Akutsito

Akutsito Active Member

68!? Thats more than 2 a day... you dont get bored of that?

16. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

This morning I weighed in at 231.5, down from 236 on Monday morning. So I'm down 4.5 pounds after only 5 days. The majority of that is water weight, so I look less puffy, but I'm sure I've lost at least a pound of fat.

You all can see how much I'm eating right now (food log): between 3,300 and almost 3,600 calories per day! I never thought I'd be eating so much on a cutting diet! I almost feel like I'm bulking right now, because I'm never hungry, I'm getting plenty of carbs and I have lots of energy. Some of my lifts have gone UP this week, and none of them have decreased. My arms actually increased in size slightly this week, which I find amazing.

Again, my thanks to Mastover for his assistance. This is a whole new way of cutting compared to anything I've done before, and I think my body is responding very well to the changes. Changing up my program is a great way to keep things interesting and increase my own level of knowledge.

I think so, too. Thank you very much, Skip! :)

Bored? Of chicken breasts?! Shoot, I passed "bored" over a year ago. :lol: Please read this for more insight into my cutting diet, and the reasoning that goes into my ability to look past the monotony of eating the same foods day after day.

Keep in mind that this is temporary. I'm trying to reach a goal here. Once I'm done cutting I can relax my diet a bit. :)

17. Akutsito

Akutsito Active Member

Haha, thats a nice point in there, i'll try to keep that on my mind for when i start my program :), getting more info everyday!! :D
    Btw, what about the hormones in Chicken Breasts? at least i've heard that the ones from here (Chile) are full of it..., its the same there? if so, how you deal with it? or is it a positive aspect? I'm confused about this last part :P

18. MannishBoy

MannishBoy Senior Member

Hormones aren't allowed for use in US chicken farming. If antiboitics are used on the birds, they have a period of time that the bird is not on the drugs before they can be slaughtered to supposedly "clean" the birds of the drugs.

19. stoffer

stoffer Well-Known Member

To correct the numbers, if you're at 236 and 14%, you will weight 216 at 6% if you only loose fat.

If you hit your goal at 205@6% it's a great progress since you on your 2005 cut lost 16 pounds of lean mass when cutting to 8%. (of total 20 pounds gained on the bulk)

All this is ofcourse from your numbers, it might not be that accurate.

(this is not to get you down, just to motivate you to do what you do best, set a goal and keep it!)

20. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

My December 24th estimates were based on an estimated starting weight of 235 pounds @ 14% body fat, but they also accounted for the water weight I'll lose (which is lean mass), not just the fat.

It's all just a rough approximation anyway.