1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

John Stone's Picture Gallery and Video Archive

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by John Stone, Feb 1, 2004.

1. doordude42

doordude42 Senior Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: That is NOT lighting!!!! You look tremendous. Thanx for the compliment John, it means alot.:tucool:

2. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I disagree with you John on the lighting/pump. Sure it adds a lot but stop kidding everyone and yourself too -- you're a big guy. :)

But I agree with you about doordude - hey Michael, I would bet money that you could achieve some SERIOUS mass (and heck, you already have!). Yes, you're genetically predisposed to a more lean (but very ripped) physique, but I am quite certain you could attain something very close to the "Animal Pak Hardcorezz" look. :) You too don't give yourself enough credit. :tucool:

3. doordude42

doordude42 Senior Member

Thanx Chris.:tucool:

4. TheRyanator

TheRyanator Well-Known Member

Agreed and Agreed. Man! Do we need to start a "boost your self esteem" forum now or what? JS AND DD are both too humble :rolleyes:

5. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Now there's something I never thought I'd hear in a million years. :D

6. Lineman28790

Lineman28790 Well-Known Member

Dont feel bad John. Every two years my parents order same ammount as you and I have to put it out by myself during the summer within a week. The first summer we did it, he did 2 of the same thing loads in the same week for me to unload. Now every other summer I have to unload mulch and put it out.

It sucks lol

7. doordude42

doordude42 Senior Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Me either.:D

8. TheRyanator

TheRyanator Well-Known Member

Sorry I must have been having a delusional moment. I am usually a pretty honest guy...I dont know what happened. :rolleyes: :doh:

9. Wolfstriked

Wolfstriked Well-Known Member

Wow,1fastGTX is that you in avatar?I swear it looks like lee priest.Now if you say it is lee priest than kool but if thats you then WOW!!!

10. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it's him. He's a big guy.

11. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Err, thank you very much for the compliments. I do appreciate it. But...LEE PRIEST!?!??

I'm not even half that guy's size. :D

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

12. White Goodman

White Goodman Well-Known Member

are you taking roids? (jk) Looking great in the avatar!:tu:

13. Wolfstriked

Wolfstriked Well-Known Member

:lol: The most modest bunch of "muscleheads" I have ever met:lol:

14. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

I got a bunch of projects done around the house today, one of which is something I've wanted to do for a long, long time: low-voltage landscape lighting! I had to install a 600 watt transformer and timer for the main gardens, and I'll use the existing low-voltage system (part of the automatic irrigation system) to do the right side of the house and the back yard.

The power is installed and so is all the wiring. Tonight we played around with placement of the spotlights. Here's what we've settled on for now. Not the best picture, but gives a general idea...

Attached Files:

15. BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy Well-Known Member

Looking like a mini-Whitehouse in that light John (in a good way of course :tu:).

Are you thinking of a career change?

16. chicanerous

chicanerous Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Looks great! I had similar thoughts as above with the lighting + the flag.

17. Bigpapi

Bigpapi Well-Known Member

And you and Lisa were contemplating a move why? :confused: Wouldn't you want to live in the house that you have put so much time and dedication into transforming?

Regardless, I'm very impressed. :nod:

18. jwdiho

jwdiho Well-Known Member

Wow, nice. :claplow:

like the flag :tu:

19. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Thanks guys, we're liking it - but I sure never thought of the White House when we were doing it!

To politics? :lol: Never. :nope:

Thanks!

We were thinking about moving mainly because we'd like a bigger place. I sent this to a friend this morning, and this pretty much sums up why we've decided against moving right now:

We've totally decided against a new house at this point. We found one that we really like--it's got 4,000 square feet of living space, 4.5 baths, 3 car garage and on an acre of land. We could probably qualify for it, but barely. It would be a huge stretch for us financially. Right now we are trying to build our savings and are living very comfortably at the same time. If we bought this house we would no longer be able to save much money, and our budget would be tight as a drum. It's just not worth it right now. Also, as we looked at all these new homes, we started to realize how much work we've put into our current home. Even though it's smaller than what we'd like to have, we're happy here and we love our house. Maybe in another 4 or 5 years things will be different, but for now we're staying put.

So, there ya have it! Even though our house right now lacks the room I need for some projects that I want to do (a larger home gym, a dedicated home theater room with a projector, etc), we are very happy with our house right now. We've put a lot of work into it and it's home. :)

Thanks, I like the flag, too! :tucool:

Today I installed all the conduit for the wiring that runs from the transformer on the porch to all the fixtures. It looks pretty good! I also installed a Wet Location GFI outlet, and as you can see in the below picture, I installed eight glasstop back-lights behind the Viburnums. I can't wait to see how they look tonight!

The wiring is still above the mulch until we make sure the placement is correct later tonight.

I'm also excited because I weight train in 10 minutes!

Attached Files:

20. Abdominator

Abdominator Well-Known Member

Hehehe... it looks like some of those Uber Termites from Another Dimesion" laid waste to the red Lincoln Navigator in your driveway. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Skip :)

#2860 Abdominator, Mar 28, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2006