1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

John Stone's Picture Gallery and Video Archive

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by John Stone, Feb 1, 2004.

1. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Thanks everyone - it's great to be back! That was the longest 5 days of my life.

My back is feeling better than ever this afternoon. I'm going to go ahead and squat tonight, but I promise to keep it light and not go over 225 pounds. :)

I'm kidding, I'm kidding! :p I think if I tried to squat even 2 plates right now I'd wind up in the hospital.

2. Masher

Masher Well-Known Member

So John, what is your aim? Do you want to just keep getting bigger and bigger? I think you're looking great just now. Personally, I wouldn't go bigger than that.

Glad to see you recovering. And did you get to listen to my "If it's not scottish . . . it's CRAP" clip? :)

3. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

I want to get a wee (;)) bit bigger. I fully expect my next bulk to be my last one. My final goal is 220 pounds at 8% body fat (or less), and I really do not want to be any bigger than that. Having said that, I will continue to work on proportion and symmetry if there are any lagging body parts, but my "all out" bulking days will likely be over.

I did, they were both great! Thank you very much for taking the time to record those. :)

I was remarking to Lisa that hearing your voice (with your Scottish accent) helped to reinforce the fact that JSF is a truly worldwide community. I think it's a great accent. Maybe we should start a thread and get people to record their voices so we can hear accents and languages from all over the world. It would be fun to hear how everyone sounds. :)

4. Chopaholic

Chopaholic Well-Known Member

Allow me to be the first to say that we New Englanders don't have accents. Everyone else does.

:D

(A constant [humorous] bone of contention between my English husband and myself.)

5. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Ya'll want me to record my voice? :lol:

John sounds a lot like Tony Robbins to me, listen to his interview with Jeremy. I don't mean that to sound offensive, by the way, just an observation. :)

I like those latest pictures John. I assume your weight stayed about the same during the time off? 1-2 pound drop?

6. Masher

Masher Well-Known Member

No problem - hopefully the laughter helped take your mind off your back!!

I like that idea. It makes it a bit more personal. And it's great to have a place where there is truly no discrimination AT ALL.

If you want to make it worldwide, why not have one of the forums in another language? I'd say Spanish would be the most likely to be used. I'm learning Spanish right now and I'd love a chance to practise it but I'd be able to contribute in French too. I wouldn't say there'd be much call for Scottish Gaelic . . . so I won't suggest that. :D

I speak enough French and Spanish to moderate the forum if that'd be a problem.

7. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Fantastic workout tonight - even with the lighter weight. The slow reps, 2-second "pause & flex" between the positive and negative phases and short rest intervals made it extremely challenging. I'm very anxious to see how my body responds to this modification to my training routine.

No back pain, except a little bit when I was doing my bent over side raises. Nothing to worry about.

Today is my light-weight shrug day, and normally I grab a pair of 90 or 100 pound dumbbells and do four sets of burnout shrugs. With my back still on the mend, I can't even deadlift 200 pounds of dumbbells into position, and I thought I was going to have to skip my traps tonight. Then it hit me: duh - the Titan has a smith machine traps/squat attachment. I put the pads on, and had a great traps workout!

One post-workout picture tonight. Do I look happy, or just demented? Maybe a bit of both: I was so happy that I was able to workout that I may have been bordering on dementia. ;)

Attached Files:

8. Zendorian

Zendorian Well-Known Member

You look happy :D I would also : ) happy to hear u're back lifting and back almost healed! :tucool:

9. Devery

Devery Well-Known Member

Looks like a pretty good pump with those there traps and shoulders. I agree that it's kind of neat to keep your muscles guessing at what you are gonna try next...will it be Max-Ot, or higher reps with a lighter weight. Slower or explosive movements. Interesting.

10. bbgonnabe

bbgonnabe Well-Known Member

Wow!!!!!!!! [to tonight's pic and the one's on 1/11]

11. uRi

uRi Well-Known Member

you sure look as if your head was close to exploding a few seconds before :D

12. andi

andi Well-Known Member

#2352 andi, Jan 15, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2006
  13. Happy Monster

Happy Monster Well-Known Member

Demented! :eek: :lol:

14. ABguy

ABguy Well-Known Member

Nice traps !!!!

Of course traps and demented, go hand in hand.

15. doordude42

doordude42 Senior Member

You sorta got this look goin'. >:eek: and we know what that look means.:D

Nice traps big boy!!!!!!! As usual, i'm jealous.:bang:

16. Brian Butler

Brian Butler Well-Known Member

Get Better!

Hi John, I guess I was a little late with the news. Sorry to hear about the back BUT glad to see you are working around it nicely. This is a good example of working hard AND smart. I think we talked about our shared shoulder issues when we were younginz. What I didnt understand at that time was the difference between working through/around an injury and trying to ignore it by torqueing it even more, putting me out for even longer periods of time. I see a measured and intelligent response by you on this injury....move forward but reduce where necessary and find execises that you can get away with while the injury heals. I think most P/T offices will also target muscles just about and below the injury....starting with light weight/movement until you work directly into the area that was injured. Keep up the great work! This thread is better than a new episode of "24" or "Lost".....Im dying to find out what happens next!!!;)

Brian

17. White Goodman

White Goodman Well-Known Member

You look possessed!! LOL great pic..hahaha

18. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Actually I think my back still has a way to go before it's fully healed. I'd say it's 80% right now, but the last 20% will probably take several weeks (or more). I'm just glad that I can function again, and can do 90% of my normal workouts again!

I gotta say, the last few workouts, even with the lighter weight, have been every bit as challenging as my "normal" workouts - if not more so. The longer pause & flex and slower movement combined with the short rest intervals makes for a whole new challenge. I hope my body responds well these next few weeks because if it does then I'll have yet another very effective training style to add to my "bag of tricks".

Thank you!

:evil:

That link doesn't work, either. :(

Ah, a couple of demented votes! Lisa told me I looked demented, but that's not fair because she already knows I'm demented.

My traps in that picture are enhanced by my posing and my pump - nothing to be jealous over! :)

We're going to be cutting at the same time, I think (Feb 1). We're going to have a constant friendly rivalry going on if we're not careful. :moon:

Thanks Brian, that's exactly what I'm trying to do. I know I'd never live it down if I jumped back into it too early and injured myself again, so I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm and be realistic. Thankfully so far, so good! Back day (Tuesday) is going to be a little tricky.

I don't know about better (I've never seen either show), but it's certainly a heck of a lot longer than those shows. I need to split this thread up into years or something.

Good, I try to always workout like a man possessed. :evil:

Thanks again everyone... next post: tonight's awesome arm workout!

19. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Because I had to miss last week's arm workout, this was my first arm workout in 2 weeks. I was a good boy and reduced the weight about 20%, but it was anything but easy! The burn was incredible, and the pump was mind-blowing.

I took some pictures tonight:

1) Front relaxed, and looking a tad less crazy than I did last night.
    2) Tricep closeup.
    3) Bicep.
    4) New personal record: 18.5 inch arms!

Attached Files:

20. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member