1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

John Stone's October 2006 "100 Challenge" (Completed)

Discussion in '"100 Challenges"' started by John Stone, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE CHALLENGE HAS BEGUN. NO MORE ENTRIES ALLOWED FOR THIS MONTH'S CHALLENGE!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions belong in this thread.

This premise of this challenge is pretty simple: Each participant starts the month with 100 points. A point is deducted each time a workout is missed, a meal is missed, an unscheduled "cheat" meal or snack is consumed or a daily update to your official challenge post is missed. The goal, of course, is to finish the month with 100 points!

Here are the rules:

1) This challenge is for people who want to commit themselves 100%. Please don't join if you are not prepared to give a total effort.
    2) The challenge begins on October 1, 2006. You must have your starting post up by 7:00 AM (EDT) on October 1, 2006.
    3) It doesn't matter if you are cutting, bulking or maintaining. The common goal here is 100% consistency.
    4) Each person participating in the challenge should start a post in this thread by the cut-off time. Your Official Challenge post must be updated each and every day. The updates won't take long (examples below). If you miss an update, you must deduct a point. Please note that you should edit your existing Official Challenge post--don't start a new post every day.
    5) Miss a workout for any reason, deduct a point.
    6) Miss a meal for any reason, deduct a point.
    7) Eat an unscheduled "cheat" meal or snack, deduct a point.

Feel free to post before/after pictures if you like (optional).

Of course this challenge is based on the honor system. You can cheat, but that would be pointless.

Here's an example Official Challenge post (feel free to copy and paste, substituting your own information):

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sample Official "100 Challenge" post

GOAL: Cutting

COMMENT: I added some fat during my summer vacation and I'd like to get rid of it before I start my bulk in September.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: chest & triceps (PM)
    Tuesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
    Wednesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: back & biceps (PM)
    Thursday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
    Friday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: delts & traps (PM)
    Saturday Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: legs (PM)
    Sunday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, one cheat meal per week.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 200 pounds
    BODY FAT: 9.8%
    ARMS: 16.75"
    CALVES: 16.5"
    CHEST: 42.75"
    FOREARMS: 13.5"
    HIPS: 38.75"
    THIGHS: 24"
    WAIST: 32.5"

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG (Note: Each entry should be completed the day after, or at the end of the same day after all meals/workouts are completed. Please be sure to keep a running total of your points, as shown below.)

OCT 1: I did my cardio and ate all meals as scheduled.
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 2: My car broke down and I missed my back workout. I walked to Burger King for dinner and had an unscheduled cheat meal.
    -2 points [98 points]

OCT 3: I missed my cardio today, but ate all meals as scheduled.
    -1 point [97 points]

OCT 4:

OCT 5: I missed yesterday's update, but I did my delts and traps workout yesterday, and ate all meals as scheduled (including my scheduled cheat meal). Today I did my cardio, ate all meals as scheduled and did my leg workout.
    -1 point [96 POINTS]

You get the idea.....

2. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

John Stone's Official October "100 Challenge" post

GOAL: Bulking

COMMENT: This is the second month of my 2006 bulk.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Weight training: chest & abs
    Tuesday: Weight training: back
    Wednesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic)
    Thursday: Weight training: delts, traps & calves
    Friday: Weight training: biceps & triceps
    Saturday: Weight training: quads & hamstrings
    Sunday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic)

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, one cheat meal per week. No alcohol.

STARTING STATS (cold/flexed)
    WEIGHT: 211.6
    BODY FAT: 10%
    ARMS: 17.5"
    CALVES: 17.25"
    CHEST: 43.75"
    FOREARMS: 13.75"
    HIPS: 39.75"
    THIGHS: 25.75"
    WAIST: 33.25"

END STATS (cold/flexed)
    WEIGHT: 223
    BODY FAT: 11.5%
    ARMS: 17.75"
    CALVES: 17.5"
    CHEST: 44.75"
    FOREARMS: 14"
    HIPS: 40.5"
    THIGHS: 26.75"
    WAIST: 34.5"

DAILY LOG
    OCT 1: Today was an easy day to start off this month's challenge: a cardio only day. I did my cardio this morning (45 mins/136 BPM) and ate all six meals as planned. I ran a few errands and spent the rest of the day relaxing with Lisa and the dogs. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's workout. :)
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 2: With all the problems at the datacenter where the JSF servers are located, I was feeling very stressed and was tempted for a moment to skip tonight's workout. Instead I cranked up the stereo and put everything that was going on completely aside for 45 minutes. I heard my cellphone ring a couple of times while I was lifting, but I ignored it. I wound up having an excellent workout, and when I was done I was pleased to see that the datacenter had power after a rather brief shutdown mandated by the fire department! All meals were eaten as scheduled.
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 3: Tonight's back workout was outstanding. I went up in weight on every exercise and still managed to do the same number (or more) reps than last week. I also added 10 more pounds to my deadlift. Next week I'll be adding weight again on every exercise. It's nice to see some good strength gains along with the size gains, which remains my primary objective. All meals eaten as planned. Tomorrow is a cardio-only day, and I'll probably be coming out of my skin around my usual weight lifting time. Training has been a great release for me this week, which has been fairly stressful.
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 4: Today was fairly uneventful: fasted cardio (45 mins/137 BPM) followed by six clean meals. My back is really sore from yesterday's workout, but in a good way. Tomorrow is delts/traps/calves!
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 5: I knew tonight's workout (delts/traps/calves) was going to be great! I was feeling exceptionally good in the hour leading up to my workout, and I thoroughly enjoyed every second that I was in the gym. :) I broke my all-time personal record for dumbbell presses, and even added reps over what I did last week with 10 pounds less! Then I broke my all-time personal best lateral dumbbell raises record by performing more reps than I've ever done with the heaviest weight I've ever used. Next week I'll move up to a weight I've never been able to do for at least 10 reps. I went up 10 pounds (5 per dumbbell) on my bent over lateral raises, breaking yet another personal best record. I added 50 pounds to my shrugs, because I didn't feel like unloading the bar from my deadlifts that I did on Tuesday. I did a few less reps than last week, but the extra heavy weight was very satisfying. By the time I got to my calves, I couldn't really lift my arms, so I'm glad I had preloaded the vertical press with the weight I needed. I just finished my final meal (all meals were as scheduled) and I'm about to go collapse into bed. That was easily my most satisfying shoulder workout ever. This is probably the strongest I've ever been in my life. I'm feeling very happy right now because there is still a lot of time left in this year's bulk. :)
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 6:
    This arm workout I've been doing the past 3 weeks is extremely difficult. It forces me to go beyond what I think I can handle. Tonight was the last night I'm doing this particular workout because next Friday is when I start switching to new routines, as I do every three weeks. I sent this workout out with a bang: I added 10 pounds to my dumbbell curls (5 per dumbbell) & decline skull crushers, 5 pounds to my preacher curls & seated ez-bar tricep curls and 5 pounds to my concentration curls & weighted bench dips. I posted a few new pictures here. I just finished my 5th meal, and my final meal of the day is my cheat meal. I'm updating now, but I promise not to skip my free meal. :p
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 7: Tonight was leg night. My leg workouts are always very difficult, especially because it's the third day in a row of intense training. By the time Sunday rolls around, I'm usually ready for a nice, relaxing cardio only day. All meals eaten as scheduled. Its only 9:30 PM and I'm almost ready to hit the sack. I can't sleep past 6:30 or so, and I like to get a solid 8 hours of sleep in. I find that getting plenty of sleep really helps me maximize my gains.
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 8: Today was a cardio-only day (45 mins/137 BPM), and a much-needed day off from weight training. All six meals were clean and eaten on time. Tomorrow it's back to business with chest and abs. :tucool:
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 9: Tonight was my "all dumbbell" chest workout, and I was able to do 12/12/11/10 reps (flat bench press) using the heaviest dumbbell weight I've ever used for reps--and with very strict form. I also added 10 pounds (5 per dumbbell) to my incline and decline dumbbell presses. My shoulders were bothering me a little tonight, and I'm also feeling some pain in my right elbow when lifting heavy. Man, I'm getting old! :) All meals eaten as scheduled. A very productive and satisfying day on several levels!
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 10: My back workout tonight was top-notch: +5 on close-grip lat pulldowns, +5 on reverse-grip bent-over rows, +5 on machine T-Bar rows (and I performed more reps than I did last week!) and +10 on deadlifts. Nutrition was 100% in order and all meals were consumed on time. I can honestly say that I've given this year's bulk a maximal effort from day one. I'm certainly not going to let up now! :)
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 11: Today was a much-appreciated day of rest. I did my cardio (45 mins/137 BPM) and I also did some yard work. Apart from that, six clean meals and now it's bedtime. My back is so sore from yesterday's workout!
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 12: Excellent workout (delts/traps/calves) tonight! For the second week in a row, I broke my all-time personal record for DB shoulder presses (+10 pounds/5 per DB), lateral raises (+5 pounds/2.5 per DB) and bent over raises (+10 pounds/per DB). I also did my shrugs with the same weight I used for my deads on Tuesday, so I broke my barbell shrug personal record by 10 pounds and I did more reps than I did last week! Next week I'll also be adding more weight to my calf work. One new picture. All six meals were clean and on-time.
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 13: Tonight's workout was torturous but very satisfying (once I manged to finish it!) Details on the workout along with a few new pictures can be found in tonight's entry in my media journal. I'm about to eat my sixth and final meal of the day--my weekly cheat meal (pizza and buffalo wings). :)
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 14: I had a very active day working outside, but I still managed to put together a terrific leg workout tonight. I added 5 pounds to my leg lifts, 10 pounds to my squats and 10 pounds (5 per DB) to my DB lunges. I seem to have hit a sticking point with my lying leg curls in terms of weight, but I did manage a couple more reps than last week. Hey, it's improvement! All six meals eaten on time and as planned. I'm starting to feel more hungry and I've noticed my weight gain has kind of tapered off. I think it may be about time for a dietary adjustment (more calories!!)
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 15: Today was a day off from weight training, and I enjoyed my morning cardio (45 mins/134 BPM) as a nice change. The rest of the day was spent playing with the dogs, hanging out with Lisa and watching DVDs. :) All meals eaten as scheduled.
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 16: Tonight's workout was excellent, but I dropped a 90-pound dumbbell on my chest. :doh: Thankfully I escaped serious injury. More details on the workout and a couple of new pictures can be found in tonight's entry to my media journal. My grill had a slight malfunction tonight, and my 6th meal was delayed by about 30 minutes as a result. No big deal, but I was starving while I waited for my dinner to finish cooking!
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 17: Incredible back workout. I broke several personal records, and hit a deadlift milestone I've been working towards for a long time. More details on the workout, my deadlift goal and a new picture can be found in tonight's media journal entry. All meals eaten as scheduled.
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 18: Today was a day of much soreness and resting. My chest and back are really aching right now from the past two workouts, but that's a good thing. I did my cardio this morning (45 mins/137 BPM) and just finished my 6th meal. I'm going to bed early tonight: tomorrow is delts/calves/traps and I'm going to need all the rest I can get!
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 19: I was off from work this afternoon, so I did my delts/traps/calves workout early (4:30 PM). I felt great in the gym, and had a terrific workout! I went up in reps on my DB military press, up in reps on my lateral raises, added 10 pounds (5 per DB) on my bent over lateral raises, went up 10 pounds on my barbell shrugs and went up 10 pounds on my calf raises. Because it's my birthday, Lisa came home with all kinds of treats. I thought we were going to wait until tomorrow for that, but I've decided to just have my weekly cheat meal tonight and eat clean tomorrow night. :tucool: All other meals have been eaten as scheduled.
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 20: My arms have been stuck at 17.5" (cold) all month. Tonight I decided to shake things up a bit, reducing the amount of volume, increasing the intensity and changing my exercise routine. I hope these changes will spur them to gow beyond where they are now, which is the biggest they have ever been. I've got details on the new workout along with a couple of new photos in tonight's post to my media thread. I'm just about to eat my 6th meal, all as scheduled. I'm so tired from my workout! I think I'll be hitting the sack early tonight. :)
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 21: Tonight's workout was legs, and it was a bit of a struggle. I cleaned the house today, and I think all the dust gave me a headache (I very rarely get headaches). I increased weight and/or reps on every exercise, but it felt like my head was going to explode during some of the sets. While it wasn't a very enjoyable workout, I got it done and that felt great! All meals were eaten as planned. Tomorrow is a cardio only day, and I'm looking forward to a nice day of rest once the AM cardio is done.
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 22: I had a nice day off from weight training today. I did my AM cardio (45 mins/137 BPM) and ate all meals as scheduled. I can't believe this month is almost over--I'm nearly halfway through my bulk!
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 23: For tonight's workout (chest/abs), I switched from an all-dumbbell workout to an all-barbell workout (excluding my cable crossover work, which I always finish my chest workouts with). Midway through my second exercise, I started to feel a little weak. I didn't let it hurt my performace, and my lifts were all very strong. I pushed on, and by the time I was on my third exercise I felt great. Weird. I'll talk in a little more detail about the workout in tomorrow's update to the main page. I just finished my 6th and final meal, and I'll be heading to bed very soon. It's been a long day and I'm tired!
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 24: Stupid! STUPID ME and my STUPID MALE EGO. :bang: Tonight was back night, and that means deadlifts. I pretty sure you can see where this is going... I think I'm going to be OK, but I tried for 4 sets of 450 pounds (and was feeling under the weather to boot) and manged to tweak my back. I'm too irritated with myself to type more about it right now. I'll talk about it in tomorrow's daily update on the main site. I'm about to eat my sixth and final meal.
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 25: OK, so my back seems to be pretty much fine. I think I just pulled a muscle. Lesson learned. Today, mercifully, was a cardio-only day (45 mins/137 BPM). I just ate my 6th and final meal. Tomorrow is one of my favorite workouts (delts/traps/calves), and I'll be ready. Early to bed for me tonight, I'm beat!
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 26: I've been fighting off a cold or something the past few days. This morning I had a bad headache and felt weak and tired. By the time my workout rolled around my headache was gone, but my throat was slightly sore and I felt REALLY weak. I considered skipping my workout, but I thought it would be best to get in there and see how I felt after a few sets. I'm glad that I did, because one the endorphins were flowing I felt great! I wound up having a terrific workout (delts/traps/calves). I finished my workout around 6:45, and now that my 6th meal is behind me I'm ready to start thinking about bed. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow, because my arm workout requires everything I have on a good day!
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 27: I felt great all day today, and tonight's workout (arms) was terrific! My arms finally broke 19 inches (pumped), so that felt really good. I've only got one more meal to go, and it's cheat meal night. I'm thinking pizza and buffalo wings sounds good again this week. :)
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 28: Good leg workout tonight. I substituted heavy leg presses for squats (my back feels pretty good, but I want to give it a little more recovery time). Six clean meals, all eaten on time.
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 29: It's 8:00 PM and I'm counting the minutes until 8:30, which is when I eat my last meal. I want to eat it and go to bed. I got very little sleep last night, and I'm one of those people who is a mess when he doesn't get enough sleep. As I've gotten older, this has become more pronounced. Even though I was dead tired, I did do my cardio this morning (45 mins/137 BPM). Thank goodness no weight training today, because I would have been sleepwalking through my workout.
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 30: At 220+ pounds, it's hard to believe I still have 2 more months of bulking ahead. I wonder what my final weight will be at the end of the year? I'm predicting around 235 pounds. I mention this because I feel really FULL and really BIG right now! Tonight's workout (chest/abs) was done a little early today. I felt so-so in the gym, but I still pushed hard and managed to increase the weight on all exercises and still hit my target reps. I'm finishing sixth and final meal as I type this. One more day to go for this month's challenge!
    -0 points [100 points]

OCT 31: The end of my third challenge is here, and for the second month in a row I've earned a perfect "100" score. :) I've worked my ass off these past couple of months. I can honestly say that I gave a 100% effort to each and every workout. Every last meal was eaten without fail, and I have been totally dedicated to my bulking program. The hard work is showing--I'm getting pretty big! Tonight's workout (back) was awesome. I did "good mornings" for the first time ever, and I really enjoyed them. I'm about to eat my sixth and final meal of the day (and my 186th meal for the month!) I've updated my final stats, except for my final weight which I'll take in the morning. I'll be taking pictures tomorrow morning and posting them on the main site.
    -0 points [100 points]

FINAL SCORE: 100 POINTS! :tucool:

3. specialk

specialk Well-Known Member

COMMENT: This is my very first bulking attempt, and I'm going to be 100% focused and dedicated.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: 30 mins (aerobic)
    Tuesday: Weight training: back & traps
    Wednesday: 30 mins (aerobic)
    Thursday: Weight training: chest & arms
    Friday: 30 mins (aerobic)
    Saturday: Weight training: quads, hamstrings & calfs
    Sunday: Weight training: delts & arms

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, one cheat meal per week. No alcohol.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 182.8 pounds
    BODY FAT: 11% (Tanita scale)
    ARMS: 14.75"
    CALVES: 14.75”
    CHEST: 42”
    FOREARMS: 11.75"
    THIGHS: 23.75"
    WAIST: 34.25"

END STATS
    WEIGHT: 187
    BODY FAT: 12.3%
    ARMS: 15"
    CALVES: 15"
    CHEST: 42.5"
    FOREARMS: 11.75"
    THIGHS: 23.75"
    WAIST: 34.5"

DAILY LOG

10/1: I ate all my meals with the right macros and I had an excellent workout earlier today. I lost 5 points last month and I will not make the same mistake this month.
    100 points

10/2: All thing being equal, I would say I had an excellent day. I did my morning cardio, post stretched and had all my meals on time and within the right macros. I can't wait to until tomorrow when I can lift again.
    100 points

10/3: I'm not sure if the SUP2 meal macros are responsible or not, but my strength has been increasing steadily on most of my lifts. Tonight was no exception. My back workout was one of my best. I added weight and I still felt like I could have continued with more reps. Everything else went like clockwork today.
    100 Points

10/4: Woke up early and took my dog, Lucy, for my fasted morning cardio. Got back and post stretched before packing all my meals for work today. I had a productive day at work and I feel like I'm slowly recovering from last night's deads.
    100 points

10/5: I just got back from my chest and arm workout and I'm still pumped by it. I went up in weight on two exercises and it really felt great. I still have to focus on only using my chest but other muscles seem to become involved. I'm cooking my 2nd PWO meal as I type and I don't plan to miss it.
    100 points

10/6: I have to say that there's not much going on today. I did my morning fasted cardio and ate all my meals. I did eat meal 5 at a local restaurant. Steak tips over a salad. I ate at the bar and drank only soda water. OMG I'm becoming dull. My wife is out of town this weekend and I'm watching the girls. My mind keeps playing tricks on me. What I mean is that I keep having urges to eat junk food like Cheez-its and pepperoni and drink one vodka martini after another. I have to remind myself that tomorrow is leg day and I don't want to feel like crap/hungover when I lift.
    100 points

10/7: I had to lift earlier than I usually do on weekends and I cleared it with Swole and made sure my meals were eaten correctly. I had a great leg day and I can see from my previous logs that I have been slowly getting stronger. I really focused on the squeeze and the mind/muscle connection and I hit it.

About last night's entry. I did go off the deep end and had some unauthorized cheats. i.e. Cheez-its about half a box and a small glass of red wine. I will allow the junk food to count as my weekly cheat meal, but the wine is not something I can ignore.
    -1 point
    99 points

10/8: I had a very good arm and shoulder workout this morning. I was really focusing on the movement and used a slow controlled tempo. My arms were killing me afterwards. Just for the heck of it I measured my arms flexed and pumped. 15 1/2" This is the same measurement I had when I first began my journey to a better body. All meals were eaten on time and everything else was fine today. No more urges so to speak.
    99 points

10/9: I woke up and did my fasted cardio with my dog again. I post stretched and decided to take the day off from work to put away my boat for the winter. It was bitter sweet because the temp got up to the mid 70's with clear skies and little wind.

It must have been stress because late today while I was preparing dinner I ate about 8 pretzel sticks and a handful of Cheez-its.-1 point I did eat all my other meals on time and with the right macros. I am looking forward to going back to work. I do much better with the workday than the weekend.
    98 points

10/10: Back to work today and of course everything went just like clockwork. I also had a very productive workout today and hit a personal best doing deads. I'm currently force feeding myself my PWO2 meal. The amount of food I'm eating coupled with the intensity in the gym has given me noticeable strength increases almost every training session.
    98 points

10/11: Cardio only today so no lifting. I was driving from work today and my shoulders were screaming at me when I held the top of the steering wheel. I'm like WTF I did my delts on Sunday and there is no way it's from that. Then it hits me like a ton of bricks. I did deads yesterday and it's got to be it because I finally started to lift some serious lbs.
    98 points

10/12: All went very well today. I have my 6 week evaluation tomorrow so I haven't weighed myself in two weeks. I'm interested to see how my progress is going. Today's lifts were rushed because my wife wanted me to join her and her father for dinner. I had rib eye with mashed squash and asparagus. It was delicious. I will consider this my weekly cheat meal.
    98 points

10/13: Well my father-in law left today and the house is getting back to as normal as it can be. I did my morning fasted cardio and post stretched. I also took photos for my 6 week evaluation. I haven't gained any additional weight in two weeks but my strength has been increasing. I also had another cheat meal tonight.-1 point We had the kids watched and took the opportunity to go out for dinner with friends. I'm so looking forward to my leg routine tomorrow.
    97 points

10/14: I had to lift early this weekend again because of other things that had been planned for later. Anyway, I had a great leg routine and had all my meals as recommended by Swole when I mentioned working out early on weekends. I took my wife and girls into Boston for the afternoon and brought my arsenal of protein powder, flax oil and all sorts of good things to eat. We ended up staying much later than originally discussed and for the third night in a row I had to eat outside of my pre-planned meal. -1 point I had the most healthy alternative that was on the menu and I did refrain from alcohol but this trend is over as of now.
    96 points

10/15: I will finish this challenge without loosing more dam points. Now that I have my head on straight I am forging ahead. I had a great shoulder workout today and really noticed vascularity forming on my delts while doing bent over raises. I was in the mood to push hard and that's what I did. I also got plenty of cooking done today which makes planning easier during the week. I even relaxed a bit and watched some football this afternoon.
    96 points

10/16: It was back to work today and back on track with my training routine. Monday's always kick start my adherence to eating at the right times and with the right amount of macros. There are fewer distraction and temptations at the office so I simply do better than during the weekends.
    96 points

10/17: I have just finished my last meal of the day and it has me feeling like I'm about to explode. I had a great back routine today and I'm already thinking I can move up on the weights next session. My form was flawless and I was even able to complete all my reps for every set. I had a very good day overall.
    96 points

10/18: Today was cardio only and I'm a bit relieved because I have been having some tendon soreness on the inside of my right elbow. I have been careful with certain exercises but lying triceps extensions "Skull Crushers" just seem to put to much strain on this part of my elbow joint. I was shaking a protein drink today and immediately switched hands because of the soreness in my right elbow. Anyway, I'm not deterred and I plan to switch out triceps extensions with another triceps exercise for awhile until the pain goes away.
    96 points

10/19: I had another great lifting session today. As I mentioned yesterday, I have been experiencing chronic pain in my right elbow joint. I switched out skull crushers for decline DB triceps extensions with palms facing each other. This seemed to do the trick because I didn't experience the same soreness I get when I do skull crushers. Problem solved.
    96 points

10/20: Oh the rain. Woke up and it was raining, so I mustered my energy and went out for my morning fasted cardio. I took Lucy with me. She did better than I did. Every time I stepped in a puddle I swore. The rest of the day went right as rain. Tomorrow is leg day and I'm going to blast them.
    96 points

10/21: Another weekend where I have to train early in order to do things with my family. I don't seem to mind training at 8:30 am. For most of the spring and summer I would train as early as 5:00 am. At least I wake up early enough to eat breakfast before I hit the weights. The rest of the day was hectic with errands and sick kids. At least I ate on time and didn't cheat.
    96 points

10/22: "Ain't nothing but a peanut" I had watched a video of Ronnie Coleman dead-lift 800 lbs recently. I liked how he approached the lift and said "Ain't nothing but a peanut" I used this mantra today when I really needed to reach deep and get through the fatigue I was experiencing during some of my last reps. It seemed to work because I was able to break through a plateau and complete all my reps. I also had my weekly cheat meal tonight.
    96 points

10/23: Ah, Monday, and a quiet work day. I understand that stress can negatively effect a training program. Well when I'm at home on the weekends and most week nights, my stress level increases so much because I have a two children under 5, a 3 year old dog, 3 cats, and a working wife. I actually look forward to the day to day routine I have in the office. Anyway, I did my morning cardio and ate all my meals.
    96 points

10/24: An hour before my workout I started to get butterflies in my stomach. Tonight was deads and I knew I wanted to top last weeks lifts. I was feeling all nervous and just wanted to get it over with. I got to the club and tried to calm myself down by focusing on my movements and not let myself get distracted. Anyway I loaded the bar and did'nt count the amount. I just wanted to lift it and then figure out the weight. I did my set and reps with good form, put the bar down and added the plates I figured that I had lifted 40 lbs more this week than last. I was very pleased with my effort and rewarded myself with the largest plate of pasta and meat sauce for my PWO2 meal. Of course this meal was within my macros.
    96 points

10/25: Cardio this morning was tough because it is getting really cold in the morning. I still want to do my morning cardio outside for as long as I can stand it. Everything else want well today.
    96 points

10/26: My wife's birthday is tomorrow and I'm screwed because I don't know what to get her. I'll probably go out and get a gift certificate and some flowers. What a looser. Anyway I had a very good workout and I did go up in weight on all exercises. A trainer at the club came by and suggested some sound advice for my incline presses. He said that I should try to pull the bar apart with my hands when doing the eccentric and push the bar together with my hands on the concentric and squeeze. My hands don't actually move but the tension it created made all the difference in the world.
    96 points

10/27: Cardio only this morning and I did have my weekly cheat meal tonight. My wife's birthday is today and we celebrated it with dinner. I did have one drink - 1 point Everything else went well with my 8 week evaluation and tomorrow is leg day so I'm hitting them hard.
    95 points

10/28: This is a first. I missed my post last night. The power went out at 5:15 pm and did'nt come back on until 3:00 am. I will deduct a point - 1 point anyway. I had a great leg day and afterwards I had to eat cold food to complete my final meal. If that wasn't bad enough I woke this morning with a sore throat. It was only a matter of time because my girls have been sick for quite some time.
    94 points

10/29: Only a few more days left for the "October Challenge" I have already signed up for the November Challenge and my month long goal is to add 1" to my bicep. It's currently 15" cold flexed and I want to see 16" in a month.

My workout went well but I'm fighting a sore throat and I had tried to add weight in this condition. Bad mistake. I was able to lift the weight but my strength was off and my overall form/tempo suffered. I'll know enough not to push myself when I'm not 100%
    94 points

10/30: Doing cardio when coming down with a cold really sucks. I mean I'm breathing heavy and I have to keep clearing my throat. Yuk. I did my cardio and packed all my meals for the day. I'm looking forward to shaking this dam sore throat and getting on with my goal of adding lean mass.
    94 points

10/31: I had a very good training day today although I've been fighting off a cold. I packed all of my meals for the day but had to miss my 3rd meal because I went to the gym early. I did this because I wanted to take my girls out early for Halloween. I'm tired and ready to go to sleep, but I'm still up in case other children come to the house for candy. I'll turn off the lights around 9pm.
    94 points

Attached Files:

• Oct.jpg
      Oct.jpg
      File size:
      188.4 KB
      Views:
    #3 specialk, Sep 23, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2006
  4. Mirvio

Mirvio Well-Known Member

Let's stick with it

(29 September Starting Stats)

GOAL: To stick 100% to my SGX cutting program.

COMMENT: I'm 6 weeks in now and starting to see real differences as well as feel them. This, combined with another 100 challenge, should be an exciting and enjoyable month.

START STATS:
    WEIGHT: 264 pounds
    BODY FAT: 17.75%
    ARMS: 16.25"
    FOREARMS: 13.25"
    WRIST: 7.5"
    CHEST: 47"
    WAIST: 41"
    HIPS: 43"
    BUTT: 44"
    THIGH: 27"
    CALVES: 16.5"

END STATS:
    WEIGHT: 258 pounds -6lbs
    BODY FAT: 16.75%
    ARMS: 16.25"
    FOREARMS: 13.25"
    WRIST: 7.5"
    CHEST: 47"
    WAIST: 40" -1"
    HIPS: 42" -1"
    BUTT: 44"
    THIGH: 26" -1"
    CALVES: 16" -0.5"

WORKOUT SCHEDULE:

Fasted Cardio AM 7 days a week 30-45 minutes.
    Weight training, 4 day split over 6 days: Back/Traps, Chest/Abs, (RD), Legs Arms and Shoulders (RD)

MEAL SCHEDULE:

6 Meals per day, 1 cheat meal and 1 cheat snack per week.
    NO ALCOHOL

OCT 1: Fairly boring day. Did my cardio and ate all my meals. And Slept. Scheduled rest day from weight training. -0 points [100 points]

OCT 2: Bored. Did my cardio, ate all my meals and did my Legs workout. -0 points [100 points]

OCT 3: Crapped out. Did my cardio -just, ate all my meals and did my Arms workout. Felt a helluva lot better after that! -0 points [100 points]

OCT 4: :whistle: Oh, such a Perfect Day! Did my cardio at the gym (bike broken) and ate all my meals (timings a little out). Scheduled rest day from weight training. -0 points [100 points]

OCT 5: Fat-igued :confused: Did my cardio at the gym again (SO busy for 0630HRS!)ate all my meals and after giving myself a good talking-to, tore it up in the gym on my Back/Traps workout. -0 points [100 points]

OCT 6: I did my cardio, ate all my meals (including tame cheat) and did my Chest/Abs workout. -0 points [100 points]

OCT 7: I did my cardio and ate all my meals. Scheduled rest day from weight training. -0 points [100 points]

OCT 8: I did my cardio, ate all my meals and did my Legs workout. Nice new assortment of exercises so now I'm waiting for DOMS! -0 points [100 points]

OCT 9: I did my cardio (new machine at gym) ate all my meals and did my Arm workout. -0 points [100 points]

OCT 10: Did my agricultural cardio and ate all my meals. Scheduled rest day from weight training. -0 points [100 points]

OCT 11: Sometimes you get those weak moments. Because I'm not seeing the gains (losses) I expected I went all out on a extra cheat meal last night. Partly this was down to self-indulgence but I was also hoping for a little thyroid action owing to me weight having crept back up this last week despite 100% adherence. Other than that, I did my cardio and ate 5 clean meals. -1 point [99 points]

OCT 12: I did my cardio, ate all my meals and did my Chest/Abs workout. -0 points [99 points]

OCT 13: I did my cardio and ate all my meals. Scheduled rest day from weight training. -0 points [99 points]

OCT 14: I did my cardio ate all my meals and did my Leg workout. Scale weight is finally dropping but I'm going to leave it the full month to take measurements. -0 points [99 points]

OCT 15: I did my cardio (cycling, COLD) ate all my meals and did my Arms workout. Meh. -0 points [99 points]

OCT 16: I missed my cardio due to sleeping in, which was really nice! and I ate all my meals, scheduled rest day from weight training. Last day of 4 day split in 6 days, I've now cycled back to the right day of the week so I can have saturday and sunday off from the gym. -1 point [98 points]

OCT 17: I did my cardio, ate all my meals. Timings were a little off because I was late for my Back/Traps workout due to forgetting I do weight training! :bang: -0 points [98 points]

OCT 18: I did my cardio, ate all my meals and had an amazing Chest/Abs workout. I'm making strength gains every week on every exercise. It's quite an ego trip to be gaining lean mass on SGX disproving the theory that you can't lose fat ans gain muscle at the same time. People don't give the human body enough credit! -0 points [98 points]

Oct 19: I did my cardio and ate all my meals based upon updated nutritional breakdown. Scheduled rest day from weight training. Which is boring. :bb: -0 points [98 points]

OCT 20: I did my cardio, ate all my meals and dd my Legs workout. My heart wasn't in it, but I gotthe job done. MEH. -0 points [98 points]

OCT 21: I overdid my cardio (186BPM at one stage) ate all my meals and did my Arms workout. Must look at different shoulder exercises as rear lats are quite small. -0 points [98 points]

OCT 22: aka The Day It All Fell Apart. I woke up very late and missed my cardio. I ate 5/6 of my meals including a cheat meal and cheat snack. However my other solid meal wasn't in line with SGX. (A perfect SUP2 day however!)Scheduled rest day from weight training. I think I benefitted from the day. I had the energy to do a lot of heavy work. But regardless... -3 points [95 points]

OCT 23: I did my cardio and am eating my last meal now (owing to a late start this morning. Scheduled rest day from weight training. -0 points [95 points]

OCT 24: I did my cardio, ate all my meals and did my Back/Traps workout. I instinctively clicked my neck during my shrugs forgetting I had DBs in my hands and have pulled a muscle in my neck. Which is shit. -0 points [95 points]

OCT 25: I did my cardio and ate all my meals. I've swapped around my Chest/Abs workout and rest day so I can give my neck a rest. -0 points [95 points]

OCT 26: I did my cardio, then hit the gym at lunch time for my Chest/Abs workout. One of my best so far. All reps, heavier weights perfect form. I have a lot of muscle on my frame, so I'm beginning to suspect the amount I can lift is largely psychological, or my muscles aren't firing on all cylinders because, like me, they're lazy! :lol: Oh, ate all my meals, in line with SC's advice on moving meals around. -0 points [95 points]

OCT 27: I did my cardio and ate all my meals. Whilst getting ready for my Leg workout I slipped and cut my foot open. By the time I'd done a First Aid effort it was too late for the gym so I'm counting this as a scheduled rest day. What with my neck episode, it means I'll have 4 straight days of weight training, which I'm very much looking forward to.
    -0 points [95 points]

OCT 28: I did my cardio, ate all my meals and did my Legs workout. Foot is getting better but now I'm hobbling more from the workout than the injury :jumping: -0 points [95 points]

OCT 29: I did my cardio, ate all my meals and did my Arms workout. I'll be glad when this month is over. I'm dying to not be accountable for a bit! -0 points [95 points]

OCT 30: I did my cardio, and ate all my meals. Scheduled rest day from weight training. -0 points [95 points]

OCT 31: I did my cardio and ate all my meals including a cheat snack. Scheduled rest day from weight training. -0 points [95 points]

Closing statement: I'm encouraged by my weight loss over the month. I know that when combined with my stregth gains, I've not lost any muscle mass. The steady decrease on the scale suggests it was all fat loss. Obviously the decrease in measurements in my fatty areas (waist and hips) is also a psychological boost.

I've not signed up for the November 100 due to my intention to take a week off in a fortnight, but I'll still be holding myself to account and, in signing up for December, I'll still have a stats record on here for eternity (or something).

#4 Mirvio, Sep 23, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  5. kaylov

kaylov Active Member

COMMENT:
    I have been on SGX since February 1st 2006 and is really happy with the result - October to
    December will be dedicated adding mass - lots of mass hopefully.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE

Monday:
    Brisk walk outside, 35-45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
    Weight training: arms and shoulders (PM)

Tuesday:
    No training, no cardio

Wednesday:
    No training

Thursday:
    Weight training: back, abs and traps (PM)

Friday:
    Weight training: chest and arms (PM)

Saturday:
    No training

Sunday:
    Weight training: legs (PM)

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, one moderate cheat day per week.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 150 Lbs
    BODY FAT: ~8%
    ARMS: 13.5"
    CALVES: 13.5"
    CHEST: 39.40"
    FOREARMS: 10.7"
    HIPS: 35.50"
    THIGHS: 19.6"
    WAIST: 30.6"

END STATS
    WEIGHT: 151 Lbs
    BODY FAT: ~8%
    ARMS: 13.6"
    CALVES: 13.5"
    CHEST: 39.50"
    FOREARMS: 10.7"
    HIPS: 34.50"
    THIGHS: 19.6"
    WAIST: 30.4"

(Stats are cold, no pump)

DAILY LOG

October 1: Morning cardio @ 45 minutes; excellent leg day today - I managed to increase weight on two excercises - my all-time high on one of them, I could hardly walk afterwards; 6 clean meals on time and a loaded yummie PWO shake marks the end of the first day in October.
    -0 points [100 points]

October 2: Morning cardio @ 45 minutes; great shoulder and arms workout, I managed to increase weight on all my shoulder excercises (great as I really need my shoulders to grow) - but no increase on my arms this week but all done in perfect form an no momentum at all; 6 clean meals on time and a rich PWO shake.
    -0 points [100 points]

October 3: Cheat day - no cardio and no weight training :-( - I had 6 clean meals on time and a good amount of sweets around meal 5; nothing much else to report.
    -0 points [100 points]

October 4: Morning cardio @ 45 minutes; no weight training today either :-( - 6 clean meals on time and nothing else to report - looking forward to hit the weights tomorrow.
    -0 points [100 points]

October 5: Morning cardio @ 45 minutes; awesome back, traps and abs workout, I increased weights on all excercises but kept reps at the same; 6 clean meals and a nice PWO shake - all-in-all a great day!
    -0 points [100 points]

October 6: Morning cardio @ 45 minutes; wow - what a workout - chest and arms today and I managed to increase weights or reps on all excercises in fact I had a few all-time-highs today! 6 clean meals on time and a PWO shake to top things up.
    -0 points [100 points]

October 7: Morning cardio @ 45 minutes; no weight training today; 6 clean meals all on time - nothing else to report this Saturday.
    -0 points [100 points]

October 8: Morning cardio @ 40 minutes; great leg day today - increased weights on two excercises (just can't on the others - too damn hard) - but all-time-high on one of the excercises which is a nice feeling ;-) 6 clean meals and a PWO shake all on time;
    -0 points [100 points]

October 9: Morning cardio @ 45 minutes; awsome arms and shoulder workout - the fact is that I have managed to double the weight I was using on one of my shoulder excercises since I started bulking (3 weeks at end of this week) - perhaps I started too light but it was indeed the weight I was using on SGX - so it is really an amazing feeling with such strength progress. I also managed to increase weight on my triceps excercise today; 6 clean meals and a PWO shake all on time.
    -0 points [100 points]

October 10: No cardio; no weight training; 6 clean meals on time and a good amount of sweets as cheat around meal 5 as planned - not feeling too good after all that actually - but at least the gravings are gone ;-)
    -0 points [100 points]

October 11: Morning cardio @ 45 minutes; no weight training; 6 clean meals on time; I have felt pretty bad most of the day today from the cheat yesterday - I guess I over-did it a bit so lesson learned and will go a bit easier next week.
    -0 points [100 points]

October 12: Morning cardio @ 45 minutes; great back, traps and abs session this pm - increased weights on all but one excercise (I actually thought I did increase but noted after the set that it was the same weight as last week - so perhaps I could have done better; 6 clean meals on time and a PWO shake with a new protein brand - not bad for a change ;-)
    -0 points [100 points]

October 13: Morning cardio @ 45 minutes; amazing chest/arms workout - I had a personal record on two excercises at I am still shaking all over; 6 clean meals on time and a PWO. I am gaining weight really slow (which is the plan) - so all good ;-)
    -0 points [100 points]

October 14: Morning cardio @ 45 minutes; no weight training today; 6 clean meals on time.
    -0 points [100 points]

October 15: Morning cardio @ 45 minutes; excellent leg day, incresed weight on two excercises one of them a personal record; 6 clean meals on time and a PWO shake - feeling great and beat at the same time.
    -0 points [100 points]

October 16: Morning cardio @ 45 minutes; good shoulder and arm session, I managed to increase weight on one of two shoulder excercises and also my triceps; 6 clean meals on time and a PWO shake.
    -0 points [100 points]

October 17: No cardio or weight training today; 6 clean meals on time a lot of sweets around meal #5 in fact I once again over-did it but then again that is what cheats are for I guess.
    -0 points [100 points]

October 18: Morning cardio @ 45 minutes; 6 clean meals on time; no weigth training so "that's all I'm gonna say about that".
    -0 points [100 points]

October 19: Morning cardio @ 45 minutes; awesome back and abs day, managed once again to increase weigth - this time on all excercises except one - amazing feeling; 6 clean meals on time and a great PWO shake;
    -0 points [100 points]

October 20: Morning cardio @ 45 minutes; great chest and arm workout, once again I increased weight on a few excercises - personal record on one of them; 6 clean meals on time and a great PWO shake - this month is just flying...
    -0 points [100 points]

October 21: Morning cardio @ 45 minutes; No weight training today; 6 clean meals on time and not a lot more to report.
    -0 points [100 points]

October 22: Morning cardio @ 45 minutes; good leg day - increased weight on just one excercise today - but I guess there is a limit somewhere; 6 clean meals on time and the usual PWO shake after training. The next few days will be a break in my routine and I will not be updating - I will resume Thursday so the points will be coming off :-(
    -0 points [100 points]

October 23: Morning cardio @ 45 minutes; good arms and shoulder day despite not being in my normal gym; 5 clean meals on time; unscheduled alcohol and cheat and no update - Deducting 5 points
    -5 points [95 points]

October 24: Morning cardio @ 45 minutes; no weight training today; 5 clean meals on time cheat meal as scheduled - and then an extended cheat; no update - Deducting 2 points
    -2 points [93 points]

October 25: Morning cardio @ 45 minutes; no weight training today; 6 clean meals on time nothing else to report.
    -0 points [93 points]

October 26: Morning cardio @ 45 minutes; good solid back, traps and abs workout - I did not increase weights this time as I don't want to get hurt - so once in a while I think it is good to just go with previous weight and increase the reps a bit and then hopefully increase weights next week; 6 clean meals on time and a PWO shake.
    -0 points [93 points]

October 27: Morning cardio @ 45 minutes; good solid chest and arms workout - I did increase weights on two ecercises and reps on the other ones; 6 clean meals on time and a PWO shake.
    -0 points [93 points]

October 28: Morning cardio @ 45 minutes; no weight training today; 6 clean meals and that is all I have to say today.
    -0 points [93 points]

October 29: Morning cardio @ 45 minutes; very demanding leg day today + added weight on one excercise and added one new excercise as well as increasing reps on most other excercises; 6 clean meals and a nice PWO all on time.
    -0 points [93 points]

October 30: Morning cardio @ 45 minutes; great shoulders and arms workout, I did not increase weight this time either - but the excercises were done ultra slow with perfect form and I feel exhausted; 6 clean meals and a nice PWO all on time.
    -0 points [93 points]

October 31: No cardio; no weight training, 6 clean meals on time and cheats around the 5th meal as planned. That's a wrap - October is over I'll make a summary tomorrow when I do measurements.
    -0 points [93 points]

Closing comments
    As you can see from the after-figures there has been no progress the past month on my bulk. I have been doing a lot more cardio than should so I was aware that this would be a really slow bluk. Next month I will reduce my cadio a bit until I get it right and actually start growing. On a positive note I have certainly gained a lot of strength and I feel great - which should also count for something.

#5 kaylov, Sep 23, 2006
  6. Water

Water Active Member

COMMENT: This is the second month of cutting. I'm hoping to reach 95 cm on hips, 53.5 cm on thighs, 66.5 cm on waist and 60 kg.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: 40 min Cross Trainer (early PM), jog (late PM)
    Tuesday: Back/Abs/Leg-mix at the gym + 30 min Cross Trainer (AM)
    Wednesday: 45-60 mins cardio cross country skiing/cycling/swimming/terrain running (PM)
    Thursday: 45-60 mins hike (PM)
    Friday: Kayak imitation + core + balance + squats, deadlifts and lunges max. 60 min (PM)
    Saturday: Jog (AM)
    Sunday: Weights, upper body (AM/PM)

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Stone Age Diet foods only + milk, oatmeal, potatoes, high protein bars, protein powder, carb powder, sweet corn and fish/plant oils (yeah, that's "cheating" a little). Max. 1700 cals, max. 55g fat, min. 120g protein. Saturdays 2600 cals, same fat and protein max/min levels.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 61 kg cm
    HIPS: 98.3 cm
    THIGHS: 54.5 cm
    WAIST: 69.4 cm

END STATS

WEIGHT:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG
    OCT 1: Bad start. I had an accident yesterday, and have to stay away from any exercise today. Diet has been okay, but seeing I wasn't supposed to have soda, I have to deduct two points for the two bottles of diet coke I had today. -3 points [97 points]
    OCT 2: Did my exercise, but failed on the diet. Pms times... Became a complete cheat day, although all the food was (almost) completely healthy. Officialy out of high protein bars, so they are out of my diet. -1 point [96 points]
    OCT 3: I'm failing miserably. I managed to not give in to the cravings, but I didn't exercise today... -1 point [95 points]
    OCT 4: Day sucked. Skipped school. No exercise. Lots of food. And it's official: I have AD/HD. The girl-kind. Which, as he said, won't put me first in line for meds. Coz they "want to see how I respond to alternative treatments". Well sc**w them people! As if breathing and talking is going to solve the restlessness inside me. If it did, I should be okay by now. As if it hasn't been tried already! Stupid f**ks. I've been to treatment for other reasons before, which now, guess what, is linked to AD/HD. So they could have believed in me earlier and spared me some huge pain!!!
    I apologize. -2 points [93 points]
    OCT 5: Another bad day. -2 points [91 points]
    OCT 6:
    OCT 7:
    OCT 8:
    OCT 9:
    OCT 10: I've missed many updates. I don't know what's gotten into me since the beginning of this month. The food has been way out of hand. If, by some miracle (obstacle), I haven't found the time to break the 1700 (0r 2000) cals limit before 3 pm, I go ahead and do while watching late afternoon and evening tv. Only two of the days above have I exercised. I finally got around to do the upper body workout that I for some reason dreaded, but turned out to be a lot of fun. Anyway, writing this, it's oct 11. Yesterday I ate 100 % clean, but a lot higher in cals. I figured I'll have to take one tiny step out of the road I was on, to get back on the one I was on last month. It's tiny. And my stomach aches. I ate - get this: 3620 cals in only clean foods: and what a variety: blueberries, oranges, cranberry juice, almonds, hazelnuts, apples, pineapple, lettuce, eggs, fish oil, pomegranade juice, low-fat milk, old fashioned oatmeal, protein powder (it tastes like chocolate... I mix it with the milk and oatmeal), green lentils, raisins, tomatoes, sweet corn and another type of berries I can't remember the name of. Totals showed: 3620, 77 f, 519 c, 217 p!!! Almost 600 of them from raisins, another 600 from milk... And no exercise. I had to work. Excuse? No, I was really busy all day, and I had unscheduled breaks here and there and in the late evening. I hadn't gotten any sleep the night before, and I could barely move. The funny thing, even with this HUGE amount of food, I actually feel calmer today than after eating less/ equal cals in junk/ unhealthy foods. I'm hoping the circle is broken. I'm aiming for 2000 cals for the 11th. I'll have to get back with all the deducted points. There are a few of them... - points [points]
    OCT 11: I didn't make the 2000 cals limit, but I made the 2500 one. I'm satisfied with that, and it was 100% clean. It's baby steps. I'm ridiculously full right now. Again I had a wide variety of food and milk was the biggest single cal source. The total numbers came in 2453cals, 66f, 303c, 171p. And no exercise. My energy levels are below low. I find it hard to do the dishes. I've claimed it being true, that cal levels as low as 1300 makes me more energetic. I don't know why. But I can't stay there. After all I'm this wonderful modern human being, tought to eat at all ocations. Especially infront of the tv or pc, which is where we spend most of our time. Not all of us, but I'm a part of that crowd. It's my fault, but it's damn hard to break. -2 points [points].

#6 Water, Sep 23, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2006
  7. jaz75

jaz75 Well-Known Member

GOAL: To finnish my cut by removing the last bit of flab on my lower abs and around to my back.

Comments: My ultimate goal bodyfat wise is to have super defined abs, and finally I feel I'm so close I can almost taste it. I need to bee careful though not to lose lean mass now, since there's not much fat left on me, so I probably should lose less then one pound pr week. I will not give up until I reach my goal.

Training: Cardio every day, minimum three weight trainings a week. Additional yoga and pilates. Can take a day of if I need restitution, not from being lazy.

Diet: BFFM baseline eating plan, one cheat meal a week. I'm allowing myself one unit of alcohol pr week, as long as I count in the calories in it. From the 22nd i will be on tour, so eating completely clean and on time will be close to impossible. My hope is that by then I will be done cutting, and just do my best to keep in shape for the three weeks I'm on the road, and prepare for a clean bulk after that. Posting every day can be a challenge also, if hotels haven't got internet access. (well, they do, but some charge insane rates to use it..)

day 1: Did cardio, ate clean. Ate a lot of sweets (A LOT) yesterday (cheat day), it's almost like I have a hangover from it today, weird. When I eat sweets now I'm getting kind of dizzy, am not used to it at all after very restricted diet for almost two months:-) Anyway, 100 points.

Day 2: Setting a short time deadline, and having my goal in sight is really motivating me, and makes it out of the question to not stick to my plan. Diet was spot on, and I did my first weight training in the new two day split program. Did legs, back and biceps, great workout. Later I toook a spinning interval class that just totally whopped my ass!!! When I was finnished I had veins sticking out of my forehead, it actually scared me!! I was so beat and shaky that I had tea with 5 pieces of sugar in it and a banana directly after the class, just to try to get back to normal!! hehe.. PWO carbs are important! 100 points.

Day 4: Missed tuesdays update, and one meal that day. I will deduct points, but allow me to explain myself - since tuesday I've been completely in offside!! The reason: RAT INVATION! I've had RATS in my kitchen drawers!! I even saw one of them, put some nuts in a drawer and left it half open, and soon the little bastard stuck his head up!! We found the hole where they entered and filled it, so they should be out now, but I've been kinda shaky since, and did not sleep well that night. Stayed up till 1AM and CLEANED and threw away foods!! It's so fucking discusting I have no words, and I know i have been eating nuts from one of the drawers after there has been rats there munching away!!!! YUK YUK YUK!!! So, well, minus one point for the missed meal and one for the missed update equals 98 points. Thanks to the rats. On the good side though - my kitchen has never been cleaner than it is now;-)

Day 5: diet spot on. Did strength training, emediately followed by 30 mins on the elliptical. upped my weight for dumbell chest presses, so that was cool:-) 98 points

Day 6: Another day by the book diet and training wise. I got a tip from a neighbour about a norwegian site for tracking calories and macros a couple of days ago, and it's really fantastic, I save so much time i'm really thrilled. It has a database of 8000 foods or something - anything you can get here really - I just have to enter the amount, and I get all the makros pr. meal, and for the entire day! :-) No more sitting with food labels and calculator (Which I have spent A LOT of hours doing). It's not free though, but it's so worth it!! :-) Also, my weight finally moved this morning, I thought it might, cuz I went a lot to the bathroom yesterday. Funny how body fluid suddenly let go, I have experienced this a few times. So now I'm down to 72 kilos, which was my goal for today. The last goal for this cut is another kilo by sunday in slightly over two weeks, and then I will start a bulk :-> still 98 points

Day 7: not much to say really, sceduled cheat day. Ate clean at the beginning of the day, then enjoyed some sweet snacks and lasagne for dinner. Weight day after is up 1,5 kilos wich is not to bad. only two weeks left to cut, I'll make those weeks rememberable:-) 98 points.

Day 8: Cheat days give me sugar hang-overs and abstinense!! It's true, sweets are like drugs!! haha!! Oh well, I managed to stay fairly clean still, and within my calorie/macro limits, and even had a great ride on my bike. Only two weeks left until I start bulking, that will be exciting!! 98 points.

Day 11: hmm. I just forgot about updating the last two days, strange. Anyway, those days, and day 11 consisted of training and eating clean, so I'll just deduct 2 points for 2 missed updates. 96 points.

#7 jaz75, Sep 23, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  8. BlueThunder

BlueThunder Well-Known Member

I'm in. :tu:

COMMENT: My progress has stalled on my weightloss mainly due to me overeating at night. Hopefully having to update daily will keep me on track.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Fullbody workout
    Tuesday: Rest
    Wednesday: 60 min cardio
    Thursday: Rest
    Friday: Fullbody workout
    Saturday: Rest
    Sunday: 60 min cardio

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Max calories 2100. No cookies, peppermint patties, pre-Halloween candie, etc.
    I won't be counting calories consumed from crystal light, gum, or sugar free jello.
    Daily Multivitamin and Vitamin C tablet to be taken with breakfast.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 164.6 pounds
    BODY FAT: 18%
    WAIST: 34 inches

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG (Note: Each entry should be completed the day after, or at the end of the same day after all meals/workouts are completed. Please be sure to keep a running total of your points, as shown below.)

October 1: My ears are still muffed from the loud music at the bowling alley I went to over the weekend. I usually have earplugs with me, but forgot to bring them so I used some bits of napkin to plug my ears. Didn't really help. Anyway, did my 60 minutes of cardio, but went way over on calories right before bed. -1 point [99 points]

October 2: Did weight training, but went way over on calories at night. -1 point 98 points

October 3: Rest day today. Went over on calories at night. It seems impossible for me to get back on track. -1 point 97 points

Octorber 4: Did 60 minutes on the treadmil. Had the sudden intense urge to go to the bathroom 30 minutes into it and almost got off, but managed to put mind over body and go the full time. And guess what? Went way over on calories today. -1 point 96 points

October 5: Rest day today. Cut some bushes in the yard, but went over in calories again. -1 point 95 points

October 6: Did my weight training today and went over my allotted calories. -1 point [94points]

October 7: PERFECT! -0 points [94points]

October 8: Almost a perfect day. Couldn't stand the hunger at night and went over on calories big time. Got my 60 minutes on the treadmil in though. -1 pt. [93 pts]

October 13: -9 points. No update for 4 days and overeating all 4 days and today. Heh. Tried deadlifts today. Wasn't really sure what I was doing and only managed to lift 65 lbs. Well, I think my new goal for the rest of this challenge is to get back to 164.6 lbs. by October 31st and I will make that happen. [84 points]

October 14: Weight: 168.6 lbs.

#8 BlueThunder, Sep 23, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2006
  9. lczk

lczk Active Member

GOAL: Fat Loss

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Mon: Lifting (full body)
    Tue: Cardio (step mill, treadmill) 50 minutes
    Wed: Cardio (step mill, treadmill) 50 minutes
    Thu: Lifting (full body)
    Fri: Cardio (step mill, treadmill) 50 minutes
    Sat: Day Off
    Sun: Light Cardio (treadmill) 1/2 hour

MEAL SCHEDULE
    4 Meals per day - limit calories to 1500

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 215
    BODY FAT: 25%
    LIFTING WEIGHT: 180-270-40-190

END STATS
    WEIGHT: 202
    BODY FAT: 22%
    LIFTING WEIGHT: 180-270-40-190

LIFTING WEIGHT is lat-bench-curls-row. Using this to also track muscle loss.

[Week 0]
    01.Oct.2006: New month and I'm still in the old patterns - two cheats today -2 [98]

[Week 1]
    02.Oct.2006:
    03.Oct.2006: Horrible start. Yesterday I did everything wrong: missed my workout and login and had a cheat meal -3. Today went well I seem to be improving my cardio constiently [95]
    04.Oct.2006: Seem to be getting back on track [95]
    05.Oct.2006: Weighed in at <210 which is a weight I haven't seen in years. Seems that I lost a bit of muscle tho. Most likely due to my missed Mon workout [95]
    06.Oct.2006: A bit of a rough workout today. I was pretty tired and and my intensity suffered. [95]
    07.Oct.2006: 1 planned cheat and 1 unplanned [94]
    08.Oct.2006: Slipped today and had a cheat [93]

[Week 2]
    09.Oct.2006: back on track [93]
    10.Oct.2006: oops homemade pie and ice cream one step back - more intense aerobics workout one step forward [92]
    11.Oct.2006: More problems today - couldn't resist the pizza -2 [90]
    12.Oct.2006: It seems as though I'm gaining strength real slowly. [90]
    13.Oct.2006: pretty good day [90]
    14.Oct.2006: Did my usual cardio today as I'm behind in my goals and I've been thinking I should do cardio on the weekend one day. [90]
    15.Oct.2006: Not sure how to score today. Had my cheat meal for the week, but also had an extra. Had some alcohol and soda. I did my light cardio tho I plan on dropping that from my plan since I'm adding a real cardio workout on the weekend. I guess -3 sounds about right. [87]

[Week 3]
    16.Oct.2006: So stress make me eat crap. Today was very stressful. -2 [85]
    17.Oct.2006: Gotta claim another cheat (cola) [84]
    18.Oct.2006: I probably should have kept track of my cardio improvements seems like I keep getting better. [84]
    19.Oct.2006: Missed my workout [83]
    20.Oct.2006: My motivation was very low today. It took awhile but I was able to to turn it around a bit and make it through my workout. [83]
    21.Oct.2006: Had my weekly cheat meal [83]
    22.Oct.2006: Looks like I didn't push myself as hard as could have with my cardio today. It can be a bit hard to know how much to push. I ate a cheat today [82]

[Week 4]
    23.Oct.2006: Really powered through my lifting day today, but I cheted [81]
    24.Oct.2006: Well one week left and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to reach my goals :( Today went well tho [81]
    25.Oct.2006: No problems today [82]
    26.Oct.2006: Big cheat today :( [81]
    27.Oct.2006: Another good workout [81]
    28.Oct.2006: Weekly cheat meal and long walk on the beach today - tomorrow back to the real stuff. [81]
    29.Oct.2006: Good day today - more improvement on my cardio [81]

[Week 5]
    30.Oct.2006: Wow managed to weight in below 200 today! It was after my workout, but it's a major milestone for me. [81]
    31.Oct.2006: Seemed tolack energy today but made it through. [81]

COMMENT: Well I missed my goal of 200, but I didn't lose much muscle. The BF% reading are showing that I lost 12lbs of fat and 3 pounds of muscle. But I'm more and more reaching for heavier weights.

#9 lczk, Sep 24, 2006
  10. franklyn

franklyn Active Member

Franklyn's Official October "100 Challenge" post

GOAL: Cutting; follow the SGX plan as close as possible while maintaining good grades in school

COMMENT: Continuing my cut which started early August..started SGX early September. I finished September on a weak note, so I really need to get motivated and punch out a great first week of October.

Starting Stats
    WEIGHT: 163.2
    BMI: 22.1
    BODY FAT: this says 11.5%
    ARMS: 30.6 cm
    CALVES: 35.9 cm
    CHEST: 93.7 cm
    FOREARMS: 27.4 cm
    HIPS: 85.1 cm
    THIGHS: 54.7 cm
    WAIST: 79.1 cm

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BMI:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

OCT 1
    -did am cardio
    -met all meal goals, not hard when that includes a cheat meal! lets hope i stay strong tomorrow
    100 points

OCT 2
    -did am cardio
    -did pm lifting (back/traps..increased weight on almost every exercise from last week)
    -met all meal goals
    100 points

OCT 3
    -did am cardio
    -did pm lifting (chest/abs)..switched from using the smith machines for incline/flat bench press and used regular old barbells. felt okay, but i like the fact that with a smith machine you dont need a spotter if you want to nail all your reps.
    -met all meal goals
    100 points

OCT 4
    -did am cardio
    -met all meal goals
    100 points

OCT 5
    -did am cardio
    -did pm lifting
    -met all meal goals
    100 points

OCT 6
    -did am cardio (got me a heart rate monitor and was playing around with it ;o pretty spiffy)
    -met all meal goals
    100 points

OCT 7
    -did am cardio
    -met all meal goals
    100 points

OCT 8
    -weigh in at 161.8 lbs
    -did am cardio
    -met all meal goals, including cheat meal!
    -vikings win :D
    100 points

OCT 9
    -did am cardio
    -did pm lifting
    -met all meal goals
    100 points

OCT 10
    -no am cardio
    -met all meal goals
    99 points

OCT 11
    -no am cardio
    -met all meal goals
    98 points

OCT 11 - OCT 14
    -forgot to post here that i was going on a weekend vacation to my cabin, so i'll lose 4 points for not posting.
    -met all meal and exercise goals for these days
    94 points

OCT 15
    -no am cardio
    -met all meal goals
    -updating weight/pictures tomorrow
    93 points

OCT 16
    -weigh in at 161.4 lbs
    -did am cardio
    -did pm lifting
    -met all meal goals
    93 points

#10 franklyn, Sep 24, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  11. jk0

jk0 Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

jk0's Official October "100 Challenge" post

GOAL
    : Eat Less, Stay Active & Lift Weights

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Weight training: Legs, Back
    Tuesday: Weight training: Biceps, Triceps, Forearms
    Wednesday: Weight training: Chest, Abs
    Thursday: Anything: General Cario, Hunting, etc (optional)
    Friday: Anything: General Cario, Hunting, etc (optional)
    Saturday: Anything: General Cario, Hunting, etc (optional)
    Sunday: Anything: General Cario, Hunting, etc (optional)

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Eat less in general; no junk food or pop.

DAILY LOG
    OCT 1: I start tomorrow (Monday, Oct 2), so I guess this is -1. [99/100]

OCT 2: Perfect. [99/100]

OCT 3: Had an unexpected outing in which I had a few beers, -1. (Updating now because forums were down last night) [98/100]

OCT 4-5: Perfect [98/100]

#11 jk0, Sep 24, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2006
  12. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I'm in...

Though I was, by no means, even close to perfect for September, I was still more regular and consistent than I have ever been since I started this kind of working out 2 years ago. :nod: I ended with 82 points but the last 2 days were holidays... so I had subtracted 4 points for those 2 days to yield the 82.

My goal: consistency & cutting. I ate waaay too much non-clean food on my holiday, as brief as it was... and my belly shows it. So my goal this month is to get back down to 149 lbs in addition to improving my consistency. But I refuse to weigh myself... I am such a chicken. I weighed myself in the middle of last month and I was 153 lbs. I know I am up from that. I will probably weigh myself in the middle of the month this month too... see how I am doing. But I can tell looking at my clothes. My PGC, whom I visited in Florida, said I looked much thinner than when he last saw me. I know my weight was about the same as when he saw me, so I figure that it was due to the weight loss I experienced during my surgery and the fact that I put it back on during the September challenge but I was fairly consistent on my workouts, so most of it must have been muscle. He said I looked like I was leaner and more muscular.

Workout:

45 min fasted LISS: M, W, Th, F

Total Body Training: T afternoon, Th evening, Sat AM. I will try to post the actual work-outs this month. I did not have things together to transfer my info from my PDA to my notebook for copying onto a post last month.

I dropped the cardio for Tuesday AM, because during the semester I am home too late on Monday evening and have to leave too early on Tuesday morning to get a full 8 hours 15 min sleep (the quantity I find I need) and also do 45 minutes of LISS.

Food: My food plan consists primarily of Protein fat meals with 1-2 protein carb meals a day depending on what days I do weights. I may at some point try Glaive's yeast cleansing diet since he suggests my fruit cravings at night reflect an overgrowth of the yeast, Candida. He gave a 2 week cleansing diet that I can work out to being consistent with my food plan, but it means no cheat meal 1 weekend, :( :p

8 glasses of water daily

An assortment of vitamins and supps.

Shopping for food on Sat or Sun, prep food and all vit, supps and other meds for the week.

Getting 8 hours 15 min sleep every night. This means, realistically, bedtime by 11:30 on teaching nights (Monday, Wednesday), 11:00PM Tuesday, Thursday and 1:30 AM Friday and 2:00 AM Saturday. My teaching schedule has made me a nocturnal animal....

October 1: Last day of weekend holiday. no work-out on this day. Food not strict -- but I think I went overboard, so I am already starting out this month with minus 1 point. 99 POINTS

October 2: Because of Yom Kippur, I have no classes today. Which is a good thing... as my plane was delayed 45 minutes yesterday evening and so was my ride. SO I did not even walk in the door until 11:15 PM. I was not able to get to sleep until 12:45 AM. I woke up today at 8:15. And I was running around all day until I crashed around 4:00PM. Took what I thought would be a brief nap that ended up being 3 hours. I did the required 45 minutes fasted LISS. I planned last week so I had food here for my return. But I still have to go out and food shop and prepare the food for this week. So still 99 POINTS.

October 3: I didn't have my usual trek to DC on Tuesdays, so I did a fasted AM LISS, though normally I don't do one today. However, I just did not have the energy to do my scheduled weights. Everything else was fine. I will deduct 1 point for the missed weights. I will be missing my Thursday AM LISS Because I have appointments from early AM until mid-day. SO today's LISS will make up for that. 98 POINTS

October 4: Got my 45 min LISS in. Food OK. Had a 5 1/2 hour teaching day (normal is 2 1/2; normal for me is 3 1/2). My energy is really waning. I have not done weights in over a week, as I was away last weekend and I missed last night's due to lack of energy, I just can't seem to get caught up on my rest. Have early AM meeting so I can't do cardio in the AM, then I go off to the Dr's for mammogram. If tome works out right, I will do LISS when I get back. I plan to drink a pure liquid breakfast, whey protein and flax oil so I will still have a semi-fasted state. The rest of the day is jammed too. I just don't remember ever being this busy. I just don't seem to be able to regain my strength.

October 5: I got my LISS in but later than intended. I pulled something.. or something... in the front, right below the left hip bone but toward the center of the body and it hurts when I walk. I hobble and it is extremely painful to walk on that leg. This was not done during a workout, it was done while I was laying in bed, working on my laptop. So no weights today. That makes 9 days without weights! And now it is both my left shoulder and my left "top of the leg joining to the hip bone" area that are hurting. I just suspect this is all because I started back to my faculty duties of teaching, committees, etc. 6 weeks after my surgery and I am just chronically tired. I think that leaves me open for injuring myself. I am not going to be able to get LISS in Friday b/c my PGC is arriving on impulse for the weekend and I have to get him clothes and we need to go to a law school reception for homecoming this weekend. The whole weekend is tied up with this BS. But he wanted to come. I will get workouts when I can. I have my cardio for the week. Just not my weights yet. I missed 1 but I still have a chance to get the other two in.

In all this, I had a piece of chocolate cake.... :( so minus 1 point so 97 POINTS

October 10: SO I've been AWOL the last 4 days. I did my weights on October 6th but only half-heartedly. My energy was just not there. I woke up on the 7th sick.. again ... with the same thing I have had twice before in the last month. My PGC came up spontaneously thanks to Southwest Airlines Ding specials ($138 RT from Florida) and he was sick. He must have caught it on the plane and then re-infected me. Same thing. It starts out (for me) with excessive sneezing.) I was so drained... we did nothing the whole weekend. He went home early Monday morning and I canceled my classes yesterday, I think the first time in 8 years. I was trying to decide whether I should drop out of the challenge. But I decided no. Even though I will have embarrassing low points this month... the challenge is still getting me to get back on track when I fall off. SO I did LISS this AM and I will subtract 5 points for the 2 days of workout I missed and the 1 day when I missed cardio but did weights. so 92 POINTS

October 14: So I was sick for the whole week... one of my docs thinks it's allergies causing congestion which is dripping down into my throat and into my lunges for a bit of bronchitis. Slightly feverish the week.... canceled classes the rest of the week... I have NEVER done that in my entire career... EVER!!! I see my primary care physician Tuesday for a check-up. So no work-outs T-TH either, almost not eating at all, drinking lots of fluids though... just hanging out in bed sleeping. Yesterday I felt better... still under but well enough to do my cardio 45 minute LISS. Still food was way under... but that was OK, I went out (for the first time in 4 days) to an evening dinner with Banditfist and Phillydude.... We all had a cheat meal... but I had the biggest treat of all... my Vaccarro's Sundae... :drool: I swore I could eat the whole thing but I left 1/3... :( ) SO today, more LISS and see if I can do a weight workout later on. The good thing about this break is it's given my shoulder time to heal more. It's still not completely healed but it is much better. So minus 6 more points unless I get weights in today and/or cardio in tomorrow. 86 POINTS

October 15: Still woke up feeling rather sick. I took some Dayquil, which helped a fair bit. But more to make me functional. I did Fast LISS which makes up for one of the ones I missed during the week when I was not well, plus over the weekend I shopped and cooked all my food for the week. I've been taking my supps and drinking my water. I am under eating because I have little appetite. It has been 2 1/2 weeks since I had a serious weight workout because of this sickness and 9 days at a somewhat weakened attempt at weights. It is showing in my body. I am doing nothing but cardio and under eating... and I am losing my tone and my butt and gut are getting bigger though it is clear my weight is going down. If there is anything that proves has critical doing weights are when you are trying to lose weight, my body experience proves it. I feel like I lost most of the gains I had in September.

But in the evening I suddenly started to feel well. And I see my doctor on Tuesday. I have just decided to keep up this challenge even though I suck at it this month because it is keeping me doing what I can do. I am focusing right now to be on a more regular schedule regarding food, actually the preparing of it. So that is progress.

October 18: I was sick and exhausted on Monday 10/16 when I woke up. I ended up sleeping most of the day except to teach classes. How I did that I do not know. I saw my doctor Tuesday Am and I was glad he saw me so sick. He has run a battery of tests, chest X-ray, breath tests and a ton of blood tests. He believes I am having an extreme allergic reaction to black mold buried somewhere in my apartment. Because of the severity of my symptoms, he is treating this aggressively. I am on a steroid inhalant for my lungs, a steroid nasal spray and Singular,,, which i have no idea what it is for. I barely managed to do LISS Tuesday, I had to stop every 15 minutes or so. Weights were out of the question. I woke up today still sick but much better, The first of my test results came back clear. So my doc is convinced I am having an allergic spasmodic response to something and the drugs I am taking are to suppress my immune system so it won't react so strongly to whatever it is. My PGC is coming up this weekend to help me go through the apartment to find if black mold is buried somewhere. I did LISS today and I actually felt better afterward than before. I taught again today and began to feel back to old form. I will try to see if I can do both LISS and weights tomorrow. It has been 3 weeks I think since I've done weights. So I guess the medicine is working. So I will take off 1 point for missing weights on Tuesday. Though
    I did not do LISS on Monday, I did on Sunday, which is normally a free day... so I think that off-sets it. It's a crummy month for me... this has been a crummy year for me in terms of illness.. But there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel.. :) 85 points

October 27: Well, I have not been up-dating because I am still under the weather. I do cardio when I can but have done no weights this whole month. I now have nausea and a constant headache so I am undereating and not much energy. I will update at the end of the month... but this month has been a complete bust for me.

October 31: Well, I had rather a perfect day for the last day of the challenge, though for me the start of a week. I did cardio every day since the 27th. Yesterday was a non-cardio day, as planned, but most importantly, I went to the gym for the first time in a month. I was careful not to overdo it. I used the same weight levels I used when I started back after my surgery a couple of weeks into the September challenge. I had no problem doing it. My trainer was there and I asked him about my shoulder pain; he said it was my rotor-cuff. But he said it did not seem bad because there very few positions in which it hurt. He suggested some warm-up exercises and different ways to stretch my chest that wouldn't exacerbate it.

My food was perfect, my supps were perfect, even the timing on my food was perfect. I felt great last night.

During the night I started the coughing again... and today, November 1, I woke up sick again. :( But I still did cardio this Am and I hope to push through for the November challenge....

Congrats everyone on whatever you accomplished this month. Getting closer to your goals, accomplishing your goals or even just becoming more cognizant of your goals.:tucool:

#12 Justitia, Sep 24, 2006
  13. danboback

danboback Well-Known Member

Goal: Get on track!

Starting weight: 240lbs
    Waist - 41"
    Biceps - 16" flexed
    Forarems - 12.5" flexed
    Chest - 43"
    Thighs - 28"
    Calves - 17.75"

Diet Plan:
    1)Eat 5-6 meals.
    2)Eat atleast 150 grams of protein.
    3)Don't go over 50 grams of fat.
    4)Drink atleast 120oz. of water.

Weight Training Routine: (days not important as just getting the exercise in)
    Monday - Chest and Abs
    Tuesday - Back and Biceps
    Thursday - Legs
    Saturday - Bodyweight exercises at home (just to keep me active on the weekends)

Cardio: Atleast 1 mile of running 5 times a week

10/1 - Starting out lame. No workout, but it was a planned off day. Diet was shit(to tell the truth, I didn't realize it was the 1st of the month until about 7pm. So -4 for the diet and -1 for no update (95 points)

10/2 - 5:25pm - So far I have gotten all my meals in. Thanks to my visit to the grocery store. I have also stayed within my macronutrients. My water intake is at 96oz. but I don't want to push it, (1 hour drive home) I will update later tonight about the gym.
    10:27pm - All meals in and I tested myself with a mile run. It took me 10mins to run it, I definitely pushed myself more than normal on it. I actually felt sick after running and a little bit of weight training, so I had to stop early. But no points lost today! (95 points)

10/3 - Another good day dietwise. I missed the gym due to having to take the new kitty to the vet. But my schedule is flexible and as long as I get atleast 3 sessions of weight training and 5 cardio days. No points lost! (95 points)

10/4 - Diet and water intake was spot on all day long. I had a good workout at the gym(back and biceps). I also stayed right within the 40/40/20 range. So all and all another good day (95 points)

10/5 - If I keep blowing through days like today I will end the month with 95 points! Everything was in order and it made for a great day! (95 points)

10/6 - Tonight was my cheat meal, a chimichanga and few beers. I wasn't scheduled a workout today, so no points lost. I just have to get some cardio in twice this weekend! (95 points)

10/7 - Day started off slow, but still on track. I just finished my extra weight training workout before I did my cardio. I was a little dissappointed with my cardio but atleast I got it done. I still have one more meal to eats and I have about 50oz of water left to drink. I don't think either will be a problem. (95 points)

10/8 - I really screwed up on Sunday, the day went to hell, I didn't do my 5th cardio of the week, and to top it off I didn't update -3 points....(92 points)

10/9 - I had one cheat meal today that was unplanned -1 point. Did get to the gym today though did both cardio and weight training. (91 points)

10/10 - Meals went as planned today. I skipped over my workout today, but as long as I get another 2 weight training workouts and 4 more cardio exercises. So as long I get them in everything is okay. I did lose a point for my water intake -1 point. (90 points)

10/11 - Everything was good today. My update is a little late but I am not going to subtract a point because I have not gone to bed yet so it is still Wednesday to me. I posted up some "starting" pictures in my journal, nothing special just my fat pics. So its time to really buckle down so that I can make some improvement. (90 Points)

10/12 - Diet was spot on today, I still need to get another 20oz of water. And one more meal which will be salmon and shrimp. I had leg day at the gym, I always love leg day! So no points lost today! (90 points)

10/13 - Cheat meal today, and no workout. As long as I get one on both days of this weekend I will be fine. (90 points)

10/14 - no cardio -1 bad diet -1 not enough water -1 no update -1 (86 points)

10/15 - no cardio -1 bad diet -1 not enough water -1 no update -1 (82 points)

10/16 - no workout, can still make it up because its only Monday. Diet was close enough to my macros to not lose any points. -1 for water intake. I have been overloaded at work, I worked from 7:30am - 7pm and then brought work home and just got finished. (81 points)

10/17 - another long day at work, I messed up my diet with only 3 meals and 2 of them bad. Not enough water, but got my exercise in though. so -4 points (77 points)

10/18 - no workout. not enough water -1 adequate diet. (76 points)

10/19 - back workout today, and cardio. I had a cheese burger and french fries for lunch -1 and a captain and coke tonight -1 and only 80oz of water-1 (73 points)

10/20 - Big traffic jam on the way home from work, didn't make it to the gym. (-2 missed cardio and weight training) diet was shit -2 water wasn't adequate -1 no update -1 (67 points)

10/21 - No workout -1 not enough water -1 diet was shit -3 no update -1 (61 points)

10/22 - No workout -1 not enough water-1 had a pizza for dinner -1. Hopefully this upcoming week will be prove to be more productive. Work will return back to normal, with no late hours and work at home allowing to focus on my diet and exercise. (58 points)

10/23 - Bad diet caused by the flu, not enough water -2 got cardio in (57 points)

10/24 - Diet was finally in tact, water was also good. Leg workout and cardio in no points lost (57 points)

10/25 - Diet was solid, water was low -1 missed both weight training and cardio -2 no update -1 (53 points)

10/26 - Diet was good, water was good, did both weight training and cardio but no update -1 (52 points)

10/27 - Diet was bad -1, water was low -1, no weight training or cardio -2 no update -1 (47 points)

10/28 - diet was bad -2 water was no existent -1, no weight training or cardio but finally an update -1 (43 points)

10/29 - cals were low, water was low -2, no workout -2 (39 points)

10/30 - talk about a collapse -5 (34 points)

10/31 time for final measurements...

#13 danboback, Sep 24, 2006
  14. Thrillhouse17

Thrillhouse17 Well-Known Member

Hurt my leg...I'm out this month...: (

#14 Thrillhouse17, Sep 24, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2006
  15. FerretNose

FerretNose Well-Known Member

Hmm, I've never done anything like this before, but maybe it'll help keep me from slacking. I'm in!

Goal:Remain on my food and exercise schedule for the entire month of October without slipping into apathy. Also, no alcohol or slipping up and having a cigarette while with smoking friends.
    1) Taking my vites in the AM (I hate it)
    2) Always eating breakfast (I hate it too)
    3) Drinking enough water (ditto)
    aaand... looking decent, maybe even good, in my Halloween costume. (Naughty schoolgirl.)

Nutrition: About 1200 calories a day of clean food only, one cheat meal a week. I'll take points off for eating crap even if it's below my K's.

Exercise:
    Monday- upper body workout with weights, 30 minutes on elliptical
    Tues- 45 minutes on elliptical
    Wed- Lower body workout with weights, 30 minutes on elliptical
    Thurs- 45 minutes on elliptical
    Fri- upper body workout with weights, 30 minutes on elliptical
    Sat- 45 minutes on elliptical
    Sun- Rest, but ride my bike, do some yard work, whatever.

Beginning weight: 147
    Beginning measurements:
    Hips- 40 in
    Waist- 32 in
    Thigh- 22 1/2 in
    Arm- 12 1/2

Good luck to everyone! :tu:

Daily Log:
    Oct. 1st: Ate properly, rested, but actually did some dancing. Daily goal reached.
    Oct. 2nd: Ate properly, performed listed exercise. Daily goal reached.
    Oct. 3rd: All goals reached.
    Oct. 4th: -1 for smoking a cigarette. But all other goals reached, which is great considering I spent the day with killer allergies. Like the cigarette helped... 99 points.
    Oct. 5th: Did everything right except the exercise. way too sore. But nonetheless,- 1...98 points so far.
    Oct. 6th: No exercise again, but everything else went well... 97 points left.
    Oct. 7th: Perfect day!
    Oct 8th: Everything perfect except for got my vites. Bad Ferretnose! 96 points left.
    Oct. 9th: Doin' dandy! Still 96 points. Today is actually the 10th, and i've still got tonight left to go, but I see no obstacles for a perfect day.
    Oct. 10th: Excellent day for my fitness goals, all reached. Woo-Hoo! Still at 96 points.
    Oct. 11th: Perfect.
    Oct. 12th: A total loss, as far as exercise, and though I didn't go over much on the calories, I ate junk today. Every thing else okay. Down to 94 points.
    Oct 13th: Screwed up on both exercise and diet. Beginning to lose cohesion. It's at that point where I start feeling discouraged and bored. At least I did the water and vites and had an unscheduled cheat meal, not a whole cheat day. Time to recommit my mind before it gets out of hand. 92 points.
    Oct 14th: Well the day's not near over yet, but I feel good about it so far. Been good on the diet and will be doing my scheduled exercises in a couple hours. People keep coming by for visits for some reason this weekend. having company often gets my guard down for drinks, unscheduled snacks, etc. But I told everyone I didn't want company tonight, so I can reach not only my fitness/food goals, but also so that I can get some housework done i've been slacking on. hard to refuse company, but oh well.
    ... Later- mission accomplished.
    Oct 15th: Goals reached. Hnaging in there at 92 points still.
    Oct. 16th: Woohoo! 92 points n' holding.
    Oct. 17th: Another perfect day- 92.
    Oct, 18th: Did everything right but did not exercise. I'm absolutely sore and feel like crap. But 91 points.
    Oct. 19th: Perfect.
    Oct 20th: Cheated on a meal, but everything else fine. 90 points.
    Oct. 21st: Didn't take my vites or drink water or exercise. Er... 87 points.
    Oct. 22-26th: Been computerless pretty much all week, but kept track of my downfalls. Those being two days when I failed to exercise and one day where I went hogwild at the chinese buffet. So 74 points left.
    Oct 27-30th: 27th, I was good. On the 28th, I went out for a Halloween party, and looked pretty decent in my costume, which was one of my main goals. That being said, the only thing I failed to do was stick to the nutrition because i was partying. So 1 point there. On the 29th, I was good. Today, i failed to exercise. I'm at 72 points, whihc is way better than i thought I'd be able to do. I can't wait till tomorrow when i weigh and measure. And post some Halloween pics.
    Oct. 31st: Did everything on shcedule. Hopefully i can keep this up through the holidays. Haven't got to measure myself yet, but...

Ending weight: 143. So about a 3 lb loss. I'm happy with that.

#15 FerretNose, Sep 24, 2006
  16. MAD180

MAD180 Well-Known Member

GOAL: To maintain my cutting progress for Summer 2006 without loosing any muscle, Would like to hit 86KG (190lbs) at the end of October

COMMENT: Im in! :D

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: 45 Minute Cardio (HIIT and Run) & Chest, Triceps and Abs
    Tuesday: 45 Minute Cardio (HIIT and Run)
    Wednesday: 45 Minute Cardio (HIIT and Run) & Back, Biceps and Abs
    Thursday: 45 Minute Cardio (HIIT and Run)
    Friday: 45 Minute Cardio (HIIT and Run) & Legs and Shoulders
    Saturday: Rest
    Sunday: Rest

MEAL SCHEDULE

6 Planned Meals per day, totalling 2000 Calories, & One cheat meal per week (usually falls on Sunday)

MEAL1: 4 Weet-Bix with Skim Milk & 2 Whole eggs and 1 Egg white
    MEAL2: Protein Shake
    MEAL3: 200GM Chicken & 40GMs Rice
    MEAL4: Protein Shake
    MEAL5: Medium serve of vegetables with Lean Meat
    MEAL6: Sustagen with 1.2cups of skim milk (Only if required)

STARTING STATS

WEIGHT: 90KG (198lbs)
    BODY FAT: Unknown
    THIGHS: 24"
    WAIST: 36"

DAILY LOG

Week One

OCT 1: [100 points] Had a perfect day today, with a start to the October challenge, lets hope my health doesnt fail me this time!
    OCT 2: [100 points] Going strong, had a good day today, with a big gym and cardio session!
    OCT 3: [100 points] Had a good day today with a great cardio session, I felt really pumped after it. also a clean eating day.
    OCT 4: [100 points] Had a great day of eating today and a big session in the gym tonight. Nice to finally be back into it :)

#16 MAD180, Sep 24, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  17. floky

floky Active Member

floky's official October 100 challenge

====Goals====
    Fat loss - Second month of transformation
    NO ALCOHOL :cry:
    Try to keep it above 90 points.

====Comments====
    I'm in for another month!
    This is great motivation tool and I like it very much. Last month I didn't make my goal of 90 points but I'm still satisfied because finaly I managed to start with serious process. Before this I was not determined at all, I failed as soon as first obstacle shoed up and I just couldn't keep the pace. Now I'm quite confident and I'm sure I'm going to change my life for good.
    Will keep rule of -3 points for having alcoholic beverage and -2 points for cheat meal.
    Will continue with LISS cardio since I'm still not in the shape when I can do HIIT. I think I'll wait with HIIT for at least 3 months.

====Diet====
    5 meals per day, no cheat meals :nono:

Breakfast (8 AM): Protein shake
    Morning snack (11 AM): Fruits
    Lunch (2 PM): Normal lunch
    Afternoon snack (5 PM): Sallad or Fruits or Protein shake
    Dinner (8 PM): Family dinner

====Workout====
    Friday: Streching (30min), LISS cardio (30min running)
    Saturday: Weight training - arms & chest, Streching (30min)
    Sunday: Rest - no training
    Monday: Streching (30min), LISS cardio (30min running)
    Tuesday: Weight training - legs & shulders, Streching (30min)
    Wednesday: Streching (30min), LISS cardio (30min running)
    Thursday: Weight training - abs & back, Streching (30min)

================
    STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 92 kg
    BODY FAT:
    CHEST: 109
    HIPS: 106
    WAIST: 103

====Daily reports====

Start: 100 points

[Week 0]
    01.Oct.2006: [100 points]
    Although I didn't reach my goal of 90 points in September's challenge, I'm very satisfied with the result. Actually, I'm much more satisfied with my behavior because I was focused 99% of the time. Thanks to this tool and my 'public statement' (I announced the plan to my friends, work colleagues and family) I was motivated enough to keep the pace for most of the time. The main goal was to be as much conscious as possible and I think this goal has been reached.
    Therefore I decided to celebrate a little bit and Sunday (as my day off and official start of next period) was ideal opportunity for that. I was performing as usual during the day, but in the evening my wife and I opened a bottle of nice Istrian wine and had a delicious dinner for two. I keep my 100 points and will allow myself one day per month for this type of 'event'.

[Week 1]
    02.Oct.2006: [100 points]
    Great first day. Did everything as scheduled except for dinner which was little bit late. Training was good. Feeling good, looking good, motivativation is high, everything is bright :)

03.Oct.2006: [100 points]
    Another great day. I was little bit hungry in the evening, I suppose this is because during the day I didn't eat enough. Still I did all 5 meals as planned, but maybe I can eat more per meal. It looks like I'm afraid to eat more since main goal is to lose fat so I pay attention to each meal I have and try not to eat everything in front of myself :)
    Training was good. I have more energy and will each day and much more often I look forward to do my workout (last month I had lot of situations where I didn't feel like doing it, and now is much better).

04.Oct.2006: [100 points]
    This was one of the days when you don't have time for anything. Surprisingly, I managed to eat all 5 meals (on time!) and to do my evening running session. I suppose this is good sign that I'm finaly on the right track and that new way of living is taking over my old habbits. Very happy about that :)

05.Oct.2006: [100 points]
    I'm getting better and better in this :) Training was perfect and all meals were correct and on time. Feeling very good, full of energy. My friends started to notice the change. My wife is pleased. It's good for ego :)

06.Oct.2006: [98 points]
    Lousy day :(
    Everything was perfect until lunch. Then I ate too much (but decided it is not enough to lose the point), stucked in the car jam for hours during afternoon and missed the snack (-1 point) and missed training in the evening because I was so miserable and angry I just didn't feel I have enough energy to do it (-1 point). And for dinner I also ate too much but I decided to keep it on -2. Hope this will not happen again soon :(

07.Oct.2006: [95 points]
    No comment :(

08.Oct.2006: [95 points]
    After two miserable days I'm back on the track. No lost points on Sunday. I also did training (cardio + body lifting) even it was my day off (small punishment for not holding the plan). Everything is obviously becoming harder as I'm feeling hungry much more often and tend to eat more during lunch and dinner (snacks are not yet problem). Besides, trainings are much more harder then previous days, like I don't have enough energy. I have problems with both starting and finishing the workout: I'm not motivated enough at the begining (feeling lazy) and I'm very week at the end. I took my measurements after first week of this challenge and there is no improvement. Everything is exactly the same as a week before.
    However, I hope this crisis is over and next days will be much better.

[Week 2]
    09.Oct.2006: [95 points]
    It was a good day. I managed through it without loosing a point but it was not easy. Training was pain and I barely did it, meals were more or less OK until dinner when I was tempted to overeat and I had to use all of my willpower to resist. It's obvious that I'm in the middle of the crisis, it was fun and joy until now and now is painfull and hard. But I'm determined to change my life and I will go through it no doubt!

10.Oct.2006: [95 points]
    Another good day. Eat all meals as scheduled and did training. Feeling much better they yesterday. During the day I didn't have any problems but in the evening I was again tempted to overeat. I ate slightly more then usual, but in general I managed to resist the temptation. I still do not measure exactly my daily calories intake (I rely on personal feeling) therefore I cannot say how much 'more' I took but at one point in time during dinner I said to myself: 'this should be enough' and I didn't stop. But I'm not going to deduct a point for this because I didn't really eat too much.
    Wednesday is going to be real challenge. I have to go on business trip in Budapest. The schedule is so tight that I currently don't see the time for training. Besides, we will have official dinner which will probably be a) very late and b) with good vine so I'm going to have some trouble :)

11.Oct.2006: [95 points]
    Excelent gym in the hotel. Did everything as planned. Very satisfied. Not having time for bigger post as the meeting continues. Will update in more detail tomorrow.

12.Oct.2006: [94 points]
    Unfortunately, I lost one point yesterday because I missed the lunch. The meeting was tough, long and without lunch break from 9:00 in the morning up until 16:00. We only had couple of small breaks which allowed me to have some fruits as intermediate snack.
    The gym in hotel allowed me to stay in line with the training. I managed to get up early in the morning and to finish my workout before 8:00. It was the best training I had since I started my transformation. I need to organize myself better in order to find some time to go to the gym on the regular basis or to build one at home.

13.Oct.2006: [92 points]
    It was supposed to be good day. I took a day off from the work because my family and I move to another flat. My wife and I decided to use this free day to go to Austria and search for some missing furniture in Ikea (unfortunately, there is no Ikea store in Croatia). I planned my workout for the evening, when we come back. It took us so long to come back due to a very high traffic and delay at the border crossing that I missed both dinner and workout. Even though I could have some meal before sleep, I didn't want to eat too late especialy when I knew I will not be able to do the workout. I was feeling so miserable in the evening, the day shouldn't end like this. Minus 2 points. :(

14.Oct.2006: [92 points]
    It was good day this Saturday. Training was OK so were meals. My wfe and I started to move to sther apartment, lot of worlk to do. Kids are staying at grandma's house for couple of days. Looking forward for a day of on Sunday :)

15.Oct.2006: [92 points]
    Nothing much to say about rest day. We finaly moved to a new apartment, I'm still feeling pain in my back as a result of carring heavy boxes to and from the truck. Actually, when I think better, it's was not a rest day, maybe I should make a real rest today? :)
    All meals eaten as scheduled. I had small problem at the end of the day: my wife and kids went to sleep, and I wanted to have a couple of minutes of peace so took the beer out of the fridge and turned on the TV. After couple of minutes I put it back and went to sleep. Looking forward to another 'clean' day...

[Week 3]
    16.Oct.2006: [91 points]
    Missed training. Simply didn't have time to do it. I know this is not excuse, but... :(
    Everything else was fine.

17.Oct.2006: [91 points]
    Made good training, had all meals on time. No lost points inspite of very busy day, happy to be back on the track

18.Oct.2006: [91 points]
    This was hard day. I managed not to lose the point but only because I formally did everything that was planned. Meals were OK but I did not enjoy much, training was horrible: did it very late, was tired and not motivated at all. I did it at home immediately before going to sleep, just to fulfill the plan. Five rounds of conventional workouts without weight (push-ups, etc...).
    Besides I was courius about the measurments (especially weight) and I found out that I did not make any progress this month. I weight exactly the same like at the beginning of this challenge :(

19.Oct.2006: [91 points]
    Slightly better day they yesterday. I did everything as planned so I stay at 91. Training was better although I'm still low on energy and motivation. However, once I started it was better and I finished it without problems. I had some trouble in the evening because some friends arrived and my wife made pancakes, but I managed to ignore it and go with my scheduled dinner.

20.Oct.2006: [90 points]
    Missed lunch equals -1 point.
    Actually, whole afternoon was awfull, I ate unconsistently and the training was too late. I considered -2 points because of that, but decided to stay on -1 only. This will keep me motivated for the rest of the month (still inside goal boudaries) :)

21.Oct.2006: [90 points]
    Good day. Training was almost perfect. For the first time I tried to push it bit harder and to go over 80% HR for couple of minutes. I think I'll be ready for HIIT in approx. 3-4 weeks (maybe for December's challenge). All meals eaten as scheduled.
    Next couple of days will be new challenge for me since I'm going on business trip (again). This one will be quite demanding as we will be busy from 8 till 18:00 and I'm still not sure how to handle intermediate meals (not to speak about training, especially gym). But I'll give the best to keep my points at the current level.

22.Oct.2006: [86 points]
    - no update (business trip, no access to internet): -1 point
    - glass of wine during official dinner: -3 points

[Week 4]
    23.Oct.2006: [85 points]

24.Oct.2006: [84 points]

25.Oct.2006: [83 points]
    I'm back from the business trip. Although I did daily updates in my notebook I decided to deduct a point for each day I didn't make it here: the rule is the rule, no matter how stupid it is :)
    When I came back I thought I'm going to have a training, but I was so tired and my kids were so demanding that I didn't do it. So one more lost point.
    This trip ruined my result for this month. But I'm satisfed. This is not so bad as it looks like. By the next Wednesday I'm going to keep remaining points and I'm courious about the measurements. Cannot wait to see :)

26.Oct.2006: [83 points]
    It was good day and it's good to be back in the 'normal' routine. Training was perfect, for the first time I really felt the progress. You know the story: outside temperature is 5 degrees but it "feels like" zero. I was able to tell that I'm progressing by looking at the results but until yesterday I didn't really feel it. All meals were good and on time.

27.Oct.2006: [83 points]
    Nothing special. Kept all remaining points. Had a very good training and ate all meals as scheduled.

28.Oct.2006: [83 points]
    Good day. Surprisingly busy when you take into account it was Saturday, but sometimes it's like that. Training was very good and the only thing that was sort of 'problematic' was dinner. I was under strong temptation to overeat and I had very strong desire for beer. I managed to go into the bed without loosing a point. It was not easy, though...

29.Oct.2006: [83 points]
    This was my rest day, nothing special to underline. All meals were on time. Two more days until measures...

[Week 5]
    30.Oct.2006: [83 points]
    Almost missed training today. Fortunately, I returned home on time to make it so I keep my 83 points. Tomorrow I'll have another challenge since my wife has free evening so I have to take care of kids. This will make my schedule a little bit difficult, but I'll try to manage. All meals were on time, maybe slightly less in quantity, but better less then too much in this phase I suppose.

31.Oct.2006: [83 points]
    I had a great day today. During my cardio session I felt like never before: so strong and full of energy. Usually I'm tired and low on strength and I need to use my full mental power in order to stay motivated. But today it was different story.
    Meals were correct and on time so no lost points. If it was not for the last business trip I'd stay above 90 points which would make me very satisfied. Now I'm only satisfied :)
    Now I'm going to take my measures AND pictures (will not post them).

================
    END STATS
    WEIGHT: 88kg
    BODY FAT: 26%
    CHEST: 105 cm
    HIPS: 101 cm
    WAIST: 100 cm

#17 floky, Sep 25, 2006
  18. lordkovacs

lordkovacs Well-Known Member

GOAL: Cutting until Oct. 15th, Bulking afterwards

COMMENT: Following HIT plan.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Off - sorry, HIT rules state no cardio on off days...only rest and strict diet.
    Tuesday: Full Body High Intensity workout
    Wednesday: Off
    Thursday: Full Body High Intensity workout
    Friday: Off
    Saturday Off
    Sunday: Full Body High Intensity workout

MEAL SCHEDULE
    5 meals a day, no "cheat" meals. All meals must fit in calorie limits (which vary each week)

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 176 pounds
    BODY FAT: around 12-14%
    ARMS: 15.5"
    CALVES:
    CHEST: 39"
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS: 24.5"
    WAIST: 34"

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG

Day 1 ---Day one of my first JS challenge went well. Actually I did have a hiccup and ate a piece of pie. But if you knew my wife's SICILIAN family, you would know that I had NO option! They almost stuff food down your throat! I did well to avoid a plate of mashed potatoes! Anyway, lost 1 point! (99 points)

Day 2 ---Day two was amazing! Perfect diet! I was very strict with my calories, and as a result, lost another lb. No points lost! (99points)

Day 3 ---Day three was great. I ate well, stuck to the diet, and had a great workout. I pushed hard, and I know I'll reap the rewards in the long run. (99 points)

Day 4 ---Day four was pretty good. I took the dog for 2 small runs (maybe 15 minutes at the most). I don't usually do much cardio (given HIT philosophy), but the dog needed his exercise. I ate cleanly. (99 points)

Day 5--- Day five was great! I had a great workout, and ate well. Pushed myself in all exercises. (99points)

Day 6--- Day six was great. I was a little later in editing my post so I guess I count this as a missed update??? I'm not sure. Also, I'll be away visitig family in Northern Ontario, so I will not have internet access until Monday evening...no updates until then. It's Thanksgiving weekend in Canada! Happy Turkey to all you fellow canucks! (98points)

#18 lordkovacs, Sep 25, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2006
  19. LONGBALLSMILE

LONGBALLSMILE Active Member

New to the form, but not to trying to get into shape. In the last stages of a rather messy divorce. I need this to get my self back into shape and keep me focused. You are a great inspiration John!

GOAL: Fat Loss

COMMENT: Get rid of my love handles (who loves them?) and get ready to bulk up over the winter. Striving for all 'round better body.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: chest & triceps (PM)
    Tuesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
    Wednesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: back & biceps (PM)
    Thursday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
    Friday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: delts & traps (PM)
    Saturday Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: legs (PM)
    Sunday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, one cheat meal per week.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 196 pounds
    BODY FAT: unknown
    ARMS: unknown
    CALVES: unknown
    CHEST: unknown
    FOREARMS: unknown
    HIPS: unknown
    THIGHS: unknown
    WAIST: unknown

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG

20. phitness

phitness Well-Known Member

PHITNESS PHREAKS THE OCTOBER "100 CHALLENGE"

Want to lose 8-10 pounds of fat this month. Lose 2 points of body fat percent and get into the 17-19% ballpark.

COMMENT

Since I started my transformation in August of 2005 I'd been going hardcore and strong for 11 solid months. Over the months of August and September 2006, I decided to loosen things up significantly to regain sanity and eat crappy for a while. Now, I'm ready to make the start of my "final push" towards the low teens body fat percentage and get serious again!

WORKOUT SCHEDULE

Sunday
    AM: Cardio Elliptical (60 Min ~ 70-80% MHR)
    PM: Rest​

Monday
    AM: Fasted Cardio Elliptical (30 Min ~ 60-70% MHR)
    PM: Quads & Hams
    • Box Squats
    • Leg Press
    • Hack Squat
    • Leg Extension
    • Leg Curl
    • Walking Dumbbell Lunges

Tuesday
    PM: Back
    • Deadlifts
    • Cable Lat Pull or Hammer Lat Pull
    • Seated Cable Row or Seated Hammer Row
    • Wide Grip Pullups
    • Between Legs Barbell Row or Bent Over Barbell Row
    • Hyperextensions

Wednesday
    PM: Chest
    • Barbell Bench Press
    • Barbell Incline Bench Press
    • Barbell Decline Bench Press
    • Pec Deck or Cable Crossover
    • Dumbbell Flies
    • Dips

Thursday
    PM: Delts
    • Military Press
    • Dumbbell Shoulder Press
    • Dumbbell Lateral Raise
    • Curl Bar Upright Row
    • Dumbbell Rear Delt Row
    • Face Pulls or Pec Deck Scarecrows

Friday
    PM: Rest​

Saturday
    AM: Cardio Elliptical (50 Min ~ 70-90% MHR)
    PM: Biceps, Triceps, Forearms & Calves
    • Barbell Bicep Curls
    • Seated Incline Dumbbell Bicep Curls
    • Tricep Pushdowns
    • Skull Crushers and Hammer Close Grip Bench Press (Superset)
    • Leg Press Sled Calf Raises
    • Standing Calf Raises
    • Dumbbell Hammer Curls
    • Wrist Roller or Barbell Wrist Curls

MEAL SCHEDULE

6 Days Completely Clean. 1 Cheat Meal on Saturday, 1 Cheat Meal on Sunday. Alcohol is allowed - 6 beers total spread across Friday, Saturday, and Sunday only (essentially 2 beers a day on weekend.) Supplement everyday (except for NO2 and BCAAs: pre-strength training [and during for Xtend] only.)

Eating and Training

05:30 AM
    Fasted Cardio Training​
    06:00 AM
    Protein Powder 50g and Raw Quaker Oats 50g mixed in Water, 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter (Natural or Jiffy)​
    09:00 AM
    5 Eggs Scrambled, 1 Slice Deli Ham, 16 oz Black Coffee, Grated Full Fat American Cheese, 28 Almonds
    (A) & (B)​
    12:00 PM
    Medium or Large Romaine Salad with Heaps Of Chicken, Tomatoes and Full Fat Dressing (Bleu Cheese or Caesar)​
    03:00 PM
    Tyson Chicken Pouch, 1 Package Uncle Ben's Brown Ready Rice, Star Kist Tuna​
    06:00 PM
    6" Subway Turkey Breast Sub on Wheat Bread with Mustard, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Pickles, Jalapeno Peppers, Salt & Pepper, Light Oil, Heavy Vinegar or McDonald's Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad with Full Fat Caesar Dressing​
    06:30 PM
    (C) & (D)​
    07:00 PM
    Strength Training​
    09:00 PM
    Low Fat Cottage or Fat Free Cream Cheese and Protein Powder 50g mixed in Skim Milk (Sugar Carb, Cassein Protein PWO)​

Supplement Listing

(A) GNC Mega Men Multivitamin - 2 Tablets Daily
    (B) SAN Tight! - 1 Capsule Daily
    (C) Myogenix Hypershock NO2 - 1.5 Scoops 30 Min Pre Workout
    (D) Scivation Xtend - 6 Scoops Pre And During Workout​

STARTING STATS

WEIGHT: 246 Pounds
    BODY FAT: ~21%
    3 SITE CALIPER READINGS:
    Between Chest and Arm Pit - 15mm
    Abdominal - 28mm
    Thigh - 14mm
    ARMS: 18.50" Flexed, 15.50" Dry
    CALVES: 18.50" Flexed, 17.75" Dry
    CHEST: 46.50"
    FOREARMS: 14.00" Flexed, 13.50" Dry
    HIPS: 46.50"
    THIGHS: 27.50"
    WAIST: 42.25"

END STATS

WEIGHT: XXX Pounds
    BODY FAT: XX%
    3 SITE CALIPER READINGS:
    Between Chest and Arm Pit - XXmm
    Abdominal - XXmm
    Thigh - XXmm
    ARMS: XX.XX" Flexed, XX.XX" Dry
    CALVES: XX.XX" Flexed, XX.XX" Dry
    CHEST: XX.XX"
    FOREARMS: XX.XX" Flexed, XX.XX" Dry
    HIPS: XX.XX"
    THIGHS: XX.XX"
    WAIST: XX.XX"

DAILY LOG

SEPT 30: [100 Points]
    Went to Texas Ren. Fair, drank alot (Budweiser, Chaucer's Honey Mead,) didn't eat much. Getting pumped for the October challenge!

OCT 01: [100 Points -0 Points: 100 Points Remain]
    60 minutes of cardio done fasted at 1:00 PM (slept in!!!) Ate clean. 3 beers consumed out of 6 beer allowance on Fri, Sat, & Sun in October. Supplemented with (A) and (B).

OCT 02: [100 Points -0 Points: 100 Points Remain]
    8:11 AM - 30 minutes of fasted cardio done earlier. I forgot how much I don't like waking up extra early :) I feel great right now though and can't wait to eat in 49 minutes. :eat: Will report back later. 1:19 PM - eating on point so far, I'm very hungry already. The AM cardio and the fat burner are probably the main culprits. I'm anxious to see where I'm at after the first 3 weeks of this challenge. I figure it'll be either I nailed my caloric and macro amounts (and therefore will have lost 5-6 pounds) or I'll need to retool and probably up calories. We'll see - check in again later... 9:18 PM - I'm extremely irritable right now - just hungry. My body liked my last 2 months of eating and put up one hell of a fight today. I hope it settles down later this week - either that or I'll need to up my daily calories. Legs was good. Felt like I was going to puke afterwards. I'm tired. Bye.

OCT 03: [100 Points -0 Points: 100 Points Remain]
    8:40 AM - 30 minutes of fasted cardio done earlier. Getting up this morning was easy. I just need to get my 7-8 hours of quality sleep in and that won't be a problem. I'm hungry all the time I'm awake. I'll still stick to my exact nutritional plan until the end of week 2. If I've lost good fat and still feel strong - then I'll deal with the hunger. I'm at the point where I need to starve my gut off anyway. If I haven't lost much of anything or get weak - I'll up the clean cals a bit. Be back later... 9:37 PM - Got home from the gym and Kroger (to restock on chicken, tuna, and brown rice mainly.) So far - and I think the dedicated arms day will be the "true" barometer - this HyperShock NO supplement is giving me great pumps, something I did not experience with NO-Xplode. I've laid out a pretty difficult workout schedule and legs and back have been very, very challenging - but this gives me something to focus on. If I indeed keep my existing amount or add more muscle and blast away 8-10 pounds of fat, October will have indeed been a great month. I think Back day will be moved next week to Thursday, giving me 2 days seperation between Legs and Back. Doing deadlifts after pounding my legs was very tough. I'm eating some Natty PB (1 tbsp,) 113g of Low Fat Cottage Cheese, and Protein Powder (50g) with Skim Milk (12oz) as we "speak." After this check-in, this meal, and a little JSF browsing - I'm going to bed. I'm pretty optimistic about handling the amount of work I've laid out for myself in this challenge. I pray I've set everything up to work optimally for my body.

OCT 04: [100 Points -1 Point (Missed AM Cardio): 99 Points Remain]
    11:55 AM - This morning I was beat. Legs and Back combined with the cardio and diet kept me in bed this morning. -1 point for missing AM cardio. I ate all of my meals so far and the extra sleep did me a world of good. Next week the split will be Legs, Chest, Shoulders, Back, Arms - I can't have those to groups next to each other on the amount of food and time in the day I'm currently working with right now. Check in later! 9:17 PM - Today was pretty good except for the missed AM cardio. Mentally, there's a lot going on in my world, much of which I don't care to share, so adding this challenge (and my weight loss goals in general) on to the stack is taking its toll on me. I hope things take a turn for the better! I'm going to get to bed and prepare myself for tomorrow.

OCT 05: [99 Points -1 Point (Missed AM Cardio): 98 Points Remain]
    9:05 AM - As you can see I missed my AM cardio session again :bang: I'm going to blame it on my workout intensity and the amount of crap going on in my day in general. I live by my nutrition and weight training handling my caloric burn - but I put down AM cardio as a challenge goal, so I need to man up and get that shit done. Otherwise I'm on track. Back to my weight training - it's going to be demanding :) I like it like that, very challenging - when I get the reps out that I set for myself, I will be in great shape strength-wise and certainly gained some hard-earned muscle. Check in again later...

OCT 06: [98 Points -0 Points: 98 Points Remain]
    1:18 PM - Checking in; so far everything is on point for the day!

OCT 07: [98 Points -0 Points: 98 Points Remain]
    11:31 PM - Great to have a cheat day. Bis, Tris, Calves, & Forearms went well. Long day, sleep now.

OCT 08: [98 Points -0 Points: 98 Points Remain]
    7:13 PM - Good day. Ate well, did cardio. Just hanging around the house chillin'. I might go over my self-imposed weekend beer quota, but we'll see.

OCT 09: [98 Points -0 Points: 98 Points Remain]
    11:36 AM - So far, everything is on track. I haven't lost any scale weight yet, but my bodyfat is going down. Like most people, I like to see the scale reading go down, but over the past couple of months I've let the number on the scale influence me significantly less than I had before. I'll check back in later. 9:30 PM - Good day, hard legs. Goodnight!

OCT 10: [98 Points -0 Points: 98 Points Remain]
    4:23 PM - Not much to say right now, just wanted to update. Eating has been on point today - not quite as hungry today as I'd been so far this month - but still when it's time to eat, I'm ready. I leave work in a bit, so I get to look forward to chest tonight (originally I planned Legs then Back, as you know this killed me last week and I learned my lesson.) Back will come tomorrow night, followed by Shoulders on Thursday. Be back after I train tonight!

OCT 11: [98 Points -0 Points: 98 Points Remain]
    Did AM cardio, ate clean, and trained hard (back) - I've been quite sore in the legs this week.

OCT 12: [98 Points -0 Points: 98 Points Remain]
    9:08 PM - Legs felt better today. Good eating. In fact, something strange is happening, I think (over the course of the past 1-2 months) I've gained a bit of muscle and lost a bit of fat. My body fat scale (which is not the best "measuring stick") has been reading lower and lower everyday over the past 4-5 days. I take my scale body fat reading officially each day when I get off work (same food level, hydration level, etc.) and it's been saying 23.8%, then 23.4%, then 23.2%, then 23.0%, tonight it said 22.6%. Shocking because so far in the October 100 Challenge I've gained weight since my start day. I'm weighing in around 252 right now so it's very freaky. Could it be the SAN Tight fat burner helping? Could it be the AM cardio? Could it be my nutrition is working well for my body? Could it be the new inclusion of box squats and deadlifts? Weird. I haven't taken body girth measurements this month, and I won't until October 31 - I can't wait to see what they look like. If I put on size in my thighs, calves, arms, around chest, and around shoulders, but lose an inch or two on the waist I think I'll be able to consider October a success - regardless of "weight" lost (or gained?) Goodnight!

OCT 13: [98 Points -0 Points: 98 Points Remain]
    Perfect day.

OCT 14: [98 Points -0 Points: 98 Points Remain]
    Had 1 cheat meal at BJ's - excellent pizza and microbrewery. Hung out and took care of various tasks - ate on schedule and trained.

OCT 15: [98 Points -1 Points (Skipped Cardio): 97 Points Remain]
    7:23 PM - Slept in and missed cardio today. Ate clean, had 1 cheat meal at McDonald's. Watched some NFL (my Texas sure do suck...) and chilled.

OCT 16: [97 Points -0 Points: 97 Points Remain]
    10:46 PM - Great eats. Cardio was good. Legs was great. I need to get this second half of the month dialed in to really feel good about October! I'm gonna finish watching some Monday Night Football (great game) and hit the sack.

OCT 17: [97 Points -1 Point (Missed Weight Training): 96 Points Remain]
    Well I ate clean and did cardio, but I MISSED MY DAMNED WEIGHT TRAINING. This really upsets me because it was due to an unexpected crunch at work and I had to stay here until 10:00 PM to finish up and get my program up-and-running to process 718 orders. I'm going to get the training in by pushing everything back a day, but I have a schedule and want to stick to it. Otherwise, the body is feeling great and I think I've made great progress getting re-motivated, committed and off to a good start so far in October!

OCT 18: [96 Points -0 Points: 96 Points Remain]
    2:22 PM - So far everything is on track. I'm going to make up my chest workout tonight. I expect it to be a great session due to the unwanted/unexpected day of rest yesterday. Check back in later!

OCT 19: [96 Points -0 Points: 96 Points Remain]
    Spot on day.

OCT 20: [96 Points -1 Points (Missed Cardio): 95 Points Remain]
    Missed cardio. Otherwise, I ate well but took my cheat meal tonight since the girlfriend and I decided to go to BJ's Pizza and Brewhouse - good stuff.

OCT 21: [95 Points -0 Points: 95 Points Remain]
    Ate clean (took Sat. cheat meal on Friday night.) Did Arms & Calves and cardio.

OCT 22: [95 Points -0 Points: 95 Points Remain]
    Relaxing Sunday. Did cardio and just took it easy all day.

OCT 23: [95 Points -0 Points: 95 Points Remain]
    Ate well. Legs was a killer. Cardio was good.

OCT 24: [95 Points -0 Points: 95 Points Remain]
    A great and beastly chest workout today! Nutrition and supplementation was on target. I'm cautiously optimistic about my progress this month.

OCT 25:
    OCT 26:
    OCT 27:
    OCT 28:
    OCT 29:
    OCT 30:
    OCT 31:

#20 phitness, Sep 25, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.