1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

John Stone's November 2010 "100 Challenge" (Completed)

Discussion in '"100 Challenges"' started by John Stone, Oct 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE CHALLENGE HAS BEGUN. NO MORE ENTRIES ALLOWED FOR THIS MONTH'S CHALLENGE!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Until the challenge begins, please DO NOT make any posts in this thread except your Official Entry post (a single placeholder post is OK). Once the challenge starts, you may post all you like.

This premise of this challenge is pretty simple: Each participant starts the month with 100 points. A point is deducted each time a workout is missed, a meal is missed, an unscheduled "cheat" meal or snack is consumed or a daily update to your official challenge post is missed. The goal, of course, is to finish the month with 100 points!

Here are the rules:

1) The challenge begins on November 1, 2010. You must have your starting post up by 9:00 AM (EDT) on November 1, 2010--NO EXCEPTIONS!
    2) It doesn't matter if you are cutting, bulking or maintaining. The common goal here is 100% consistency.
    3) Each person participating in the challenge should start a post in this thread by the cut-off time. Your Official Challenge post must be updated each and every day. The updates won't take long (examples below). If you miss an update, you must deduct a point. Please note that you should edit your existing Official Challenge post--don't start a new post every day.
    4) Miss a workout for any reason, deduct a point.
    5) Miss a meal for any reason, deduct a point.
    6) Eat an unscheduled "cheat" meal or snack, deduct a point.

Feel free to post before/after pictures if you like (optional).

Of course this challenge is based on the honor system. You can cheat, but that would be pointless.

Here's an example Official Challenge post (feel free to copy and paste, substituting your own information):

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sample Official "100 Challenge" post

GOAL: Cutting

COMMENT: I want to reduce my body fat to 8%.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: chest & triceps (PM)
    Tuesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
    Wednesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: back & biceps (PM)
    Thursday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
    Friday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: delts & traps (PM)
    Saturday Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: legs (PM)
    Sunday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, one cheat meal per week.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 200 pounds
    BODY FAT: 9.8%
    ARMS: 16.75"
    CALVES: 16.5"
    CHEST: 42.75"
    FOREARMS: 13.5"
    HIPS: 38.75"
    THIGHS: 24"
    WAIST: 32.5"

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG (Note: Each entry should be completed the day after, or at the end of the same day after all meals/workouts are completed. Please be sure to keep a running total of your points, as shown below.)

NOV 1: I did my cardio and ate all meals as scheduled.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 2: My car broke down and I missed my back workout. I walked to Burger King for dinner and had an unscheduled cheat meal.
    -2 points [98 points]

NOV 3: I missed my cardio today, but ate all meals as scheduled.
    -1 point [97 points]

NOV 4:

NOV 5: I missed yesterday's update, but I did my delts and traps workout yesterday, and ate all meals as scheduled (including my scheduled cheat meal). Today I did my cardio, ate all meals as scheduled and did my leg workout.
    -1 point [96 POINTS]

You get the idea.....

2. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member

November Challenge

October Challenge went okay so here goes month 2

Goal: Cutting

My ongoing quest for fitness
    Trying to not miss any meals this month, thinking I might need to set a count down timer so I remember to eat

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Day 1: Stationary bike, 45 mins Weight training: chest & triceps (PM)
    Day 2: Circuit Training
    Day 3: Stationary bike, 45 mins
    Day 4: Weight Training Upper Body
    Day 5: Stationary bike, 45 mins
    Day 6: Weight Training Lower Body

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Five meals per day (No cheat meals)

STARTING STATS ()
    WEIGHT: 101.5kg (223.7lb)
    ARMS: 37cm (14.5")
    CALVES: 41cm (16.1")
    CHEST: 106cm (41.7")
    FOREARMS: 30cm (11.8")
    HIPS: 106cm (41.7")
    THIGHS: 63cm (25")
    WAIST: 113.5 (44.5")

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG
    Nov 1: Good workout, diet good no missed meals \m/ [100 Points]
    Nov 2: Great workout (going to be sore tomorrow :)) Diet on target [100 Points]
    Nov 3: Hardcore cardio session today might have pushed it a little hard, diet timings was horrible but did get 5 meals in but -1 [99 Points]
    Nov 4 - : Well it turns out I didn't over do it but I have managed to aggravate my Sacroiliac Joint (Hip) again and My Sternoclavicular Joint (Collar bone) both are very old injuries and usually don't bother me too much but a few times a year they play up usually when there is a lot of barometric change and the weather has been all over the place lately. So I hope to be back at it soon keeping the diet tight.
    Nov 4-16: So yeah I've been sort of back into it since the 11th nothing to hardcore through and kept away from working my back, few bike rides etc but tomorrow back into it 100% no idea what to do with my points would be at so I'm just gonna not worry about

#2 Paul, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  3. KC

KC Active Member

GOAL:Noticeably fitter body, Increased energy, weigh 110 pounds. Start training for half marathon.

COMMENT: The last few months I haven’t been as strict with workouts or my diet and I feeling more sluggish and less focused then usual. Time to shape up so I’m joining the challenge.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Rest
    Tuesday: Floor Hockey Game
    Wednesday: Workout gym
    Thursday: run or firsbee game (start frisbee at end of Nov.)
    Friday: workout gym
    Saturday long run
    Sunday: workout gym

MEAL SCHEDULE
    No sugar for the first little while. Going to try and keep it simple and increase my green veggies. There are a few days I’ve identified as cheat days as I have events to attend but I will keep it to no more then 2 cheat meals per week

DAILY LOG
    NOV 1: No prob since I started on a rest day!-0 points [100 points]
    NOV 2: Played Floor hockey and meals were good.-0 points [100 points]
    NOV 3: Gym today. Tough workout legs and cheast.-0 points [100 points]
    NOV 4: Went for a run. It wasn't as far as planned because it was raining pretty hard, but I still went.-0 points [100 points]
    NOV 5: Missed my workout tonight unfortunately1 points [99 points]
    NOV 6: Today was a cheat day, (food and wine show) but I still went for a nice run in the morning.-0 points [99 points]
    NOV 7: Switched my Sunday and Monday this week. So today was rest day. If I miss the workout tomorrow I'll deduct the point then. Food has been going really well.-0 points [99 points]
    NOV 8: Missed yesterdays workout too. Not off to a good start but I did know the first week would be tough. Should be much better from here on. -1 points [98 points]
    NOV 9: Great Cardio workout today. Played floor hockey. -0 points [98 points]
    NOV 10: Blah, missed today's workout too. Not good. -1 points [97 points]
    NOV 11: Went for a run.-0 points [97 points]
    NOV 12: Not doing to well with the gym. I had really good intentions, but my afterwok cheat meal ended up going to well past closing time. Really need to strp it up to reach my goals-1 points [96 points]
    NOV 13: Today was a good day gym and relax.-0 points [96 points]
    NOV 14: Didn't mention but yesterday I went to the gym so I could run with a friend today. Ended up doing only 5k though because it was dark and rainy.-0 points [96 points]
    NOV 15: Today was a rest day. -0 points [96 points]
    NOV 16: Played floor hockey tonight. Meals have been good.-0 points [96 points]
    NOV 17: Today was a planned cheat day (lunch meeting at work) but I missed the gym-1 points [95 points]
    NOV 18: Started my ultimate frisbee legue tonight so that will sub for my Thursday runs for the rest of the month. Game was good. My cardio felt amazing-0 points [95 points]
    NOV 19: -Missed the gym AGAIN -1 [94 points]
    NOV 20: Went for a run this afternoon. -0 points [94 points]
    NOV 21: Hosted a baby shower today, thought I could fit in a workout but ended up having way more work to do then I thought -1 points [93 points]
    NOV 22:Today was a rest day and I took advantage. -0 points [93 points]
    NOV 23: Played floor hockey tonight. Lots of Cardio.-0 points [93 points]
    NOV 24: Not doing to well at hitiing the gym this month. Missed it again. Everything else is going great though -1 points [92 points]
    NOV 25: Played Frisbee tonight.-0 points [92 points]
    NOV 26: This is going to be a busy weekend. I'll be missing all of my workouts.-1 points [91 points]
    NOV 27: Was supposed to run but ended up going for a LONG(2 hrs) walk instead.-1 points [90]
    NOV 28: Hosted a party today Even though it was a planned cheat day I still feel like I overate. -2 points [89 points]
    NOV 29: Rest day -0 points [89 points]
    NOV 30: Wasn't the best month but I stuck with it and got my fitness back up there. Great cardio playigng floor hockey tonight with only a few players.-0 points [89 points]

#3 KC, Oct 29, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  4. joe6pk

joe6pk Active Member

GOAL: Bulking

COMMENT: I want to gain a pound (1/2 kg) a week.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Tuesday: Weight training: back, biceps, traps
    Thursday: Weight training: legs
    Sunday: Weight training: chest, triceps, delts

MEAL SCHEDULE
    5-7 meals per day

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 175 pounds

DAILY LOG
    NOV 1: Ate 7 meals; lots of protein
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 2: Ate 7 meals; lots of protein; Weight training: back, biceps, traps
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 3: Ate 7 meals; lots of protein
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 4: Ate 7 meals; lots of protein (the leg workout changed for today)
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 5: Ate 7 meals; lots of protein; Weight training: legs
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 6: Ate 6 meals;
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 7: Ate 6 meals; Weight training: chest, triceps, delts
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 8: 6 meals;
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 9: 6 meals; (workout moved for Wed)
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 10: 7 meals; Weight training: back, biceps, traps
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 11: 6 meals;
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 12: 7 meals; Legs weight training
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 13: 6 meals;
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 14: Ate 7 meals; Weight training: chest, triceps, delts
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 15: 6 meals;
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 16: 7 meals; Weight training: back, biceps, traps
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 17: 6 meals;
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 18: 7 meals; Legs weight training
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 19: 6 meals;
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 20: 5 meals;
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 21: 6 meals; Weight training: chest, triceps, delts
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 22: 6 meals;
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 23: 6 meals;
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 24: 7 meals; Weight training: back, biceps, traps
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 25: 6 meals;
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 26: 6 meals;
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 27: 6 meals;
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 28: 6 meals; HIT full body w.o.
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 29: 6 meals;
    -1 point [99 points] - late update
    NOV 30: 7 meals; upper body w.o.
    -0 points [99 points]

END STATS
    WEIGHT: 182 pounds

#4 joe6pk, Oct 29, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  5. foolsfortune

foolsfortune Active Member

November 100 Challenge

Goal(s):
    Continue to shed bodyfat until ABS are visible and defined
    Increase strength so the 110 pound gym girlies don't kick my a** anymore :-)

WORKOUT SCHEDULE

Alternating Upper and Lower
    Monday
    : Rest
    Tuesday: Rest
    Wednesday: Workout
    Thursday: Rest
    Friday: Workout gym
    Saturday: Rest
    Sunday: Workout gym

MEAL SCHEDULE

Continue with Mastover plan, 100% strict. All meals made in advance.

DAILY LOG
    NOV 1: Ate all meals, had zero cheats, resisted Donuts and cake...should get points for that -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 2: Ate all meals, had zero cheats -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 3: Ate all meals, had zero cheats, upper workout -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 4: Ate all meals, had zero cheats -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 5: Ate all meals, had zero cheats, lower workout -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 6: Ate all meals, had zero cheats, -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 7: Ate all meals, had zero cheats, upper workout -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 8: Ate all meals, had zero cheats -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 9: Ate all meals, had zero cheats -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 10: Ate all meals, had zero cheats, lower workout - Resisted pop and pizza! TOUGH - Great Lower workout -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 11: Ate all meals, had zero cheats, -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 12: Ate all meals, had zero cheats, Upper workout -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 13: Ate all meals, had zero cheats, -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 14: Ate all meals, had zero cheats, lower workout -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 15: Ate all meals, had zero cheats, -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 16: Ate all meals, had zero cheats, -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 17: Ate all meals, had zero cheats, Upper workout -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 18: Ate all meals, had zero cheats, -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 19: Ate all meals, Had great lower workout, also ate 3 Timbits! - 1 point [99 points]
    NOV 20: Ate all meals, had zero cheats, -0 points [99 points]
    NOV 21: Ate all meals, had zero cheats, upper workout -0 points [99 points]
    NOV 22: Ate all meals, had zero cheats, -0 points [99 points]
    NOV 23: Ate all meals, had zero cheats, -0 points [99 points]
    NOV 24: Ate all meals, had zero cheats,-Did lower at gym today. Went hard after a nice kick in the ass from Mastover - 0 points [99 points]
    NOV 25: Ate all meals, had zero cheats, -0 points [99 points]
    NOV 26: Ate all meals, had zero cheats, upper workout -0 points [99 points]
    NOV 27: Ate all meals, had zero cheats, -0 points [99 points]
    NOV 28: Ate all meals, Had great lower workout, went skating, ate pizza & pop at Kids Christmas party - 1 point [98 points]
    NOV 29: Ate all meals, had zero cheats, -0 points [98 points]
    NOV 30: Ate all meals, had zero cheats, -0 points [98 points]

All in all, pretty damn good month. Was EXTREMELY tempted on many occasions to cheat my ass off but resisted far better than I thought I would.

Having Mastover (Aram) on my side helped motivate me to excellence. Got a long way to go.......

#5 foolsfortune, Oct 30, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  6. Euphonicus

Euphonicus Active Member

I'm in.

Goals for November: Drop 8 pounds while continuing to increase strength.

Training Schedule:

Monday: Strength training
    BB bench press, BB row, Romanian deadlift, hang clean and press, UH chins, clean and front squat

Tuesday: 25 min HIIT sprint training, abs

Wednesday: Strength training
    DB bench press, 1 arm DB row, DB lunges, tricep dips, UH chins, single leg Romanian deadlift

Thursday: 25 min HIIT sprint training, abs

Friday: Strength training
    BB bench press, OH pullups, Romanian deadlift, tricep dips, BB row, clean and front squat, clean and OH press, UH chins, DB lunges

Saturday or Sunday: 30-40 min endurance training, abs

Meal schedule: minimum 200 grams protein, 50 or less grams complex carbs, (around) 2200 cals on lifting days and 1800 on all other days. All meals eaten as frequently as possible with 6-8 as a goal.

Beginning Stats: (cold, flexed)

Weight: (fully hydrated) 187.0
    Waist: 36.5"
    Iliac: 35"
    Hip: 39"
    Thigh: 22.75"
    Calf: 14.75"
    Chest: 41"
    Bicep: 14"
    Forearm: 11.75"
    BF%: around 20%

DAILY LOG

NOV 1: -0 points [100 points]
    Today was my first experience working out with a bad hangover... it is not one I intend to repeat. I don't drink often anymore but last night my fiancee and I hosted a Halloween party and I went a bit wild with some bourbon and nearly killed the entire fifth. This morning definitely was definitely a reminder of why I stopped drinking to excess in the first place! I had to stop and eat a piece of cheese twice in order to keep from puking/passing out (I am hypoglycemic) and my 60 minute routine took nearly 90 minutes to complete, but I made it through. I upped my weight on the bench press, squats and hang clean/press and made great improvements in form on everything else. Hang clean/press is probably my favorite upper body exercise right now; it is simply addicting.

Diet wise I did okay today. It is getting frustrating not knowing whether to greatly increase my calorie intake in hopes of speeding up my metabolism and muscle growth, or continuing to eat at a healthy defecit to facilitate fat loss.

NOV 2: -0 points [100 points]
    Today's HIIT session was only that in the academic sense. I slept poorly last night and just wasn't feeling it this morning. Diet wise I did fine.

NOV 3: -0 points [100 points]
    Brutal workout today. I've hardly touched my dumbbells in the past month and nearly forgot how effective DB exercises can be. Got a bit dizzy doing my last set of squats but I took a deep breath, gritted my teeth and banged out the last few reps. I have been doing front squats for about a month and my wrists are finally beginning to acclimate to the point where they are somewhat comfortable. Just for good measure, I threw one deadlift, bent over row, power clean, front squat, push press complex in at the end of my routine. Fun stuff. I ate fine, hit all my macros and didn't cheat.

NOV 4: -0 points [100 points]
    HIIT session today. I've been doing intervals of 10s sprint, 30s jog, 30s walk and today I increased the jog time to 40s and walk to 20. I eventually want to reach the point where I don't have to walk at all. I am a correctional officer and it's easy to forget how vital speed and endurance are to my job. At any given time, a situation could occur where my ability to respond quickly and effectively could be the difference between someone living or dying. This motivates me to improve my conditioning and strength in a way simple vanity cannot.

Nutrition was good for today, everything went swimmingly.

NOV 5: -0 points [100 points]
    Good workout today, made some form of improvement on every exercise. I tried DB press today instead of BB and decided that I'll stick to lower weight, high rep days when it comes to DBs (Today was more of a focus on low rep/high weight). It's too easy to slip and injure yourself going too heavy with DBs, and I have a makeshift power rack anyway so if I push a little too hard with the BB bench press I am safe. Did well with my meals, nearly cheated with some tempting snack food at the store but persevered.

NOV 6: -0 points [100 points]
    Today is normally my endurance training day, but I had a funeral to attend and didn't have time to run. Sunday is my normal rest day so I am swapping them this week and running tomorrow. I don't consider it missing a workout because my program allows for a bit of flexibility in that regard, as long as I run three days and lift three days per week. Diet wise I did all right, went under a bit on calories but that's okay since I'm focusing primarily on dropping weight.

NOV 7: -0 points [100 points]
    I had a pretty good run today. I ran two miles and still had enough left in the tank to sprint the last 200 yards or so. I am beginning to regain my middle distance running ability. The most difficult part at this point is relearning how to pace yourself. Today was a scheduled cheat day, and I had some fantastic Chilean sea bass, Kobe beef over ginger dumplings, a Sapphire martini and some excellent pinot noir. I even ate some of my fiancee's chocolate brownie. I don't take cheat meals often so this was a big deal for me. I can't wait until I start "culking" and I can have one every week.

NOV 8: -0 points [100 points]
    Very intense workout today. I had to pause and breathe halfway through the last set of front squats because I felt like I was about to pass out! I went up 10lbs from last week on the front squats, decreased my weight and changed my form a bit on the BB rows, and added reps to the hang clean/press and chin ups. Diet wise, I did fine. Went out for dinner again but didn't cheat at all. I had grilled mahi with artichoke hearts, capers and feta cheese, 8 hot wings, and a ceasar salad. No alcohol.

I weighed in after my shower at a fully hydrated 183.8, meaning I am down 3.2 lbs from a week ago! Not bad, considering my cheat meal last night. My goal for this month is 8 lbs; if I keep up this pace I will surpass it for sure.

NOV 9: -0 points [100 points]
    After yesterdays workout, my quads still feel a bit weak and I lacked explosion on my first set of sprints. Rather than slog through 15 more sets with less than optimal energy level, I decided to test my 1.5 mile time, and was happy to see that I am down to 12 minutes. This may not be a very impressive number to a more conditioned individual, but when you consider 9 months ago I was a 250 pound fat guy who got winded climbing stairs, it isn't bad at all! My next goal is to get my 2 mile time under 15 minutes.

I decided to re-introduce ab work into my schedule and did 100 crunches today. Next time I am going to add a 25lb barbell plate and see how much of a difference some resistance will make.

Diet wise I did fine. I am definitely going to increase my calories soon; I am losing weight very quickly now that I am running 3 times a week. I would rather lose 1-2 lbs a week at this point and maximize my strength gains than lose quickly and plateau in the weight room.

NOV 10: -0 points [100 points]
    I had a very productive workout today. Added either weight or quality reps to every exercise, and did single leg Romanian deadlifts for the first time in a routine setting. I really enjoy having 1 DB/bodyweight exclusive workout per week as a change of pace. Diet wise I did fine.

NOV 11: -0 points [100 points]
    Today was HIIT sprints and ab work day. I rember now why I neglected ab training for so long- I don't like it very much. That being said, I am of course going to suck it up and do it anyway. Who knows, I may grow to like it, as I have with leg training (which I used to absolutely abhor). I did 80 crunches (20x2, 10x2, 5x4) with a 25lb plate and the added weight makes a big difference. I am going to keep my total number of reps under 100 next time and shoot for more consecutive reps. Diet wise I did fine.

NOV 12: -0 points [100 points]
    I injured my right rhomboid during the clean portion of a clean and press today and had to cut my workout short. I certainly hope it is only strained and not torn, but it hurts pretty badly. I am most likely going to be doing leg/ab exclusive workouts this next week as a result. Diet wise I did fine.

NOV 13: -0 points [100 points]
    I ran 2 miles today but skipped abs due to my increasingly painful rhomboid injury. Even with the sore shoulder I managed 16:33 on the run which isn't great but is a step in the right direction. I am closing in on 15min with 12min as my current goal. Diet wise I did fine. I sure hope my rhomboid heals and I don't have to skip many upper body workouts.

NOV 14: -0 points [100 points]
    Rest day today. My rhomboid still hurts quite badly. Diet wise I did fine.

NOV 15: -1 point [99 points]
    I went to the doctor today and I officially have a strained rhomboid and am experiencing upper back spasms. I am on some effective medication and am using hot/cold treatments as well. I am going to try a simple pushup/DB curl/lunge routine on Wednesday, with minimal back involvement. Hopefully it goes over well; I am just glad nothing is torn. I skipped my scheduled workout today to help my recovery stay on track, so -1 point. Diet wise I did fine.

NOV 16: -1 point [98 points]
    I skipped my scheduled run today to better prepare my body for tomorrow's workout, so -1 point. Diet wise I did fine.
    On the plus side, my weight loss is still coming along ahead of schedule. I weighed in last night at 181 lbs, for a total loss of 6 lbs during these first two weeks. As long as my rhomboid is strong enough to support high volume, and my weight loss continues at this pace, I am going to begin my slow "culking" cycle next month. My goal will be to gradually lower my body fat% while building as much muscle as I can. I will be switching from my current 3 full body workouts per week schedule to a 2 day upper/lower body split. I'm actually pretty excited about it because I have been losing weight for the past 9 months straight and it will be nice to be able to change focus. Diet wise i did fine. Here are my 2 week measurements:

Weight: (fully hydrated) 181.0
    Waist: 35.5" -1"
    Iliac: 34.5" -.5"
    Hip: 39"
    Thigh: 23" +.5"
    Calf: 15" +.25"
    Chest: 42" +1"
    Bicep: 14.25" +.25"
    Forearm: 11.75"
    BF%: around 18%

I was feeling pretty down about my injury until I took these measurements. I actually gained an inch on my chest, and smaller gains in my calves, thighs and bicep. All this while losing 6 pounds, in two weeks time. I am pretty thrilled with this 100 Challenge. It has been just what I needed to regain focus. (Note: I may have mismeasured my chest initially as I am a bit skeptical about a 1" gain in 2 weeks' time)

NOV 17: -0 points [98 points]
    Today I did a light, low volume workout of pushups, DB curls and DB lunges, 3 sets each. I could feel my rhomboid tighten up during each exercise, especially the lunges. I took a break and stretched and in each instance it turned out to be okay. Afterward, I didn't experience any pain (except from my fiancee when she caught me working out against doctor's orders!) which means I will probably be able to resume olympic lifts and back specific exercises soon. Diet wise I did fine.

NOV 18: -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 19: -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 20: -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 21: -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 22: -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 23: -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 24: -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 25: -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 26: -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 27: -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 28: -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 29: -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 30: -0 points [100 points]

#6 Euphonicus, Oct 30, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  7. MrsGoldsen

MrsGoldsen Active Member

November

Goal: Lose 2 lbs of fat.:gl:

8. danielvh

danielvh Active Member

Did OK with the October challenge in terms of consistency Definitely could've been a lot better. However, I more than achieved my goal for the month (I lost 11.2lbs, reduced body fat % from 29 to 24.9, putting on 2.5lbs of muscle and losing 13.7lbs of fat in the process). Here goes to achieving this again :)

GOAL: Cutting

COMMENT: Lose at least 10lbs. No muscle loss.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Weight training: Upper Body; Krav Maga
    Tuesday: Weight training: Lower Body; Krav Maga
    Wednesday: Krav Maga
    Thursday: Weight training: Upper Body; Krav Maga
    Friday: Weight training: Lower Body
    Saturday: Rest
    Sunday: Intense cardio session (eg squash, HIIT)

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Lifting days: Protein: 243g; Carbs: 130g; Fat: 61g
    Non-lifting days: Protein: 198g; Carbs: 80g; Fat: 59g
    (Hit targets within +/- 5g)

One cheat meal per week on Friday night (optional)

One night of drinking allowed in the month.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 255.3lbs
    BODY FAT: 24.9%
    NECK: 15.35"
    ARMS (at bicep - flexed): 15.43"
    CALVES: 17.9"
    CHEST: 42.91"
    FOREARMS (flexed): 12.28"
    HIPS: 42.3"
    WAIST (at naval): 43.11"

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    NECK:
    ARMS (at bicep - flexed):
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS (flexed):
    HIPS:
    WAIST (at naval):

DAILY LOG

NOV 1: Nutrition on track. Upper body weights. Krav Maga -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 2: Nutrition on track. Lower body weights. Krav Maga -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 3: Nutrition on track. Krav Maga -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 4: Nutrition a bit off. About right on calories, but macros off. Upper body weights. Krav Maga -1 points [99 points]
    NOV 5: Nutrition good. Had scheduled cheat meal. Lower body weights -0 points [99 points]
    NOV 6: Nutrition on track. Rest day -0 points [99 points]
    NOV 7: Nutrition on track. Missed the cardio session -1 points [98 points]
    NOV 8: Nutrition on track. Upper body weights. Krav Maga -0 points [98 points]
    NOV 9: Nutrition on track. Lower body weights. 6hrs physical job -0 points [98 points]
    NOV 10: Nutrition on track. Krav Maga -0 points [98 points]
    NOV 11: Nutrition on track. Upper body weights. Krav Maga. -0 points [98 points]
    NOV 12: Planned cheat meal. Lower body weights -0 points [98 points]
    NOV 13: Nutrition completely off. 3hrs Krav Maga training -1 points [97 points]
    NOV 14: Nutrition on track. 1hr squash -0 points [97 points]
    NOV 15: Nutrition on track. Upper body weights -0 points [97 points]
    NOV 16: Nutrition on track. Lower body weights. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu -0 points [97 points]
    NOV 17: Nutrition on track. No martial arts class -1 points [96 points]
    NOV 18: Nutrition on track. Upper body weights. 3hrs of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Submission Wrestling -0 points [96 points]
    NOV 19: Planned cheat day. Missed lower body weights (too sore from previous day) -1 points [95 points]
    NOV 20: Nutrition on track. Rest day. -0 points [95 points]
    NOV 21: Nutrition on track. 1hr squash -0 points [95 points]
    NOV 22: Macro balance off but within calorie limit. Upper body weights. MMA class -1 points [94 points]
    NOV 23: Nutrition on track. Lower body weights -0 points [94 points]
    NOV 24: Nutrition on track. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class -0 points [94 points]
    NOV 25: Nutrition on track. Upper body weights -0 points [94 points]
    NOV 26: -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 27: -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 28: -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 29: -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 30: -0 points [100 points]

#8 danielvh, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  9. sudy

sudy Active Member

GOAL: ..just to make a start with eating clean and exercising again

WORKOUTS
    M - light cardio, weights
    Tu - weights
    W - light cardio
    Th - weights
    F - light cardio, weights

MEALS
    eat clean, one cheat per week

START STATS
    weight: 117 lbs

END STATS
    weight:

DAILY LOG
    Nov 1: ate clean, did workouts [100 pts]
    Nov 2: ate clean, did workout [100 pts]
    Nov 3: diet was a bit off, did workout [99 pts]
    Nov 4: ate clean, did workout [99 pts]
    Nov 5: diet was off, didn't do either workout -3 [96 pts]
    Nov 6: diet wasn't great [95 pts]
    Nov 7: diet wasn't great [94 pts]
    Nov 8: diet clean, did workouts [94 pts]
    Nov 9: diet clean, did workout [94 pts]

#9 sudy, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  10. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE CHALLENGE HAS BEGUN. NO MORE ENTRIES ALLOWED FOR THIS MONTH'S CHALLENGE!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.