1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

John Stone's November 2006 "100 Challenge" (Completed)

Discussion in '"100 Challenges"' started by John Stone, Oct 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE CHALLENGE HAS BEGUN. NO MORE ENTRIES ALLOWED FOR THIS MONTH'S CHALLENGE!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions belong in this thread.

This premise of this challenge is pretty simple: Each participant starts the month with 100 points. A point is deducted each time a workout is missed, a meal is missed, an unscheduled "cheat" meal or snack is consumed or a daily update to your official challenge post is missed. The goal, of course, is to finish the month with 100 points!

Here are the rules:

1) This challenge is for people who want to commit themselves 100%. Please don't join if you are not prepared to give a total effort.
    2) The challenge begins on November 1, 2006. You must have your starting post up by 7:00 AM (EDT) on November 1, 2006.
    3) It doesn't matter if you are cutting, bulking or maintaining. The common goal here is 100% consistency.
    4) Each person participating in the challenge should start a post in this thread by the cut-off time. Your Official Challenge post must be updated each and every day. The updates won't take long (examples below). If you miss an update, you must deduct a point. Please note that you should edit your existing Official Challenge post--don't start a new post every day.
    5) Miss a workout for any reason, deduct a point.
    6) Miss a meal for any reason, deduct a point.
    7) Eat an unscheduled "cheat" meal or snack, deduct a point.

Feel free to post before/after pictures if you like (optional).

Of course this challenge is based on the honor system. You can cheat, but that would be pointless.

Here's an example Official Challenge post (feel free to copy and paste, substituting your own information):

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sample Official "100 Challenge" post

GOAL: Cutting

COMMENT: I want to reduce my body fat to 8%.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: chest & triceps (PM)
    Tuesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
    Wednesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: back & biceps (PM)
    Thursday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
    Friday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: delts & traps (PM)
    Saturday Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: legs (PM)
    Sunday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, one cheat meal per week.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 200 pounds
    BODY FAT: 9.8%
    ARMS: 16.75"
    CALVES: 16.5"
    CHEST: 42.75"
    FOREARMS: 13.5"
    HIPS: 38.75"
    THIGHS: 24"
    WAIST: 32.5"

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG (Note: Each entry should be completed the day after, or at the end of the same day after all meals/workouts are completed. Please be sure to keep a running total of your points, as shown below.)

NOV 1: I did my cardio and ate all meals as scheduled.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 2: My car broke down and I missed my back workout. I walked to Burger King for dinner and had an unscheduled cheat meal.
    -2 points [98 points]

NOV 3: I missed my cardio today, but ate all meals as scheduled.
    -1 point [97 points]

NOV 4:

NOV 5: I missed yesterday's update, but I did my delts and traps workout yesterday, and ate all meals as scheduled (including my scheduled cheat meal). Today I did my cardio, ate all meals as scheduled and did my leg workout.
    -1 point [96 POINTS]

You get the idea.....

2. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

John Stone's Official November "100 Challenge" post

GOAL: Bulking

COMMENT: This is the third month of my 2006 bulk.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Weight training: chest & abs
    Tuesday: Weight training: back
    Wednesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic)
    Thursday: Weight training: delts, traps & calves
    Friday: Weight training: biceps & triceps
    Saturday: Weight training: quads & hamstrings
    Sunday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic)

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, one cheat meal per week. No alcohol.

STARTING STATS (cold/flexed)
    WEIGHT: 223 Pounds
    BODY FAT: 11.5%
    ARMS: 17.75"
    CALVES: 17.5"
    CHEST: 44.75"
    FOREARMS: 14"
    HIPS: 40.5"
    THIGHS: 26.75"
    WAIST: 34.5"

END STATS (cold/flexed)
    WEIGHT: 233 Pounds
    BODY FAT: 13%
    ARMS: 18.25"
    CALVES: 17.75"
    CHEST: 45.5"
    FOREARMS: 14.25"
    HIPS: 41.25"
    THIGHS: 27.5"
    WAIST: 35"

DAILY LOG
    NOV 1: The first day of this month's challenge was an easy one for me, cardio only (45 mins/135 BPM). All meals eaten as scheduled. It's 9:00 PM now, and I plan to be asleep by 9:30. Tomorrow is delts/traps/calves.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 2: I was in a great mood leading up to my delts/traps/calves workout, and the workout was one of those where everything just clicked. I'll talk about it a bit more on the main site tomorrow morning. I'm exhausted right now, and just want to finish my 6th and final meal (eating it now) and get some rest. Tomorrow is arm day, and if I have half the energy I had for tonight's workout I'm going to be very pleased. Good start to this month's challenge!
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 3: Tonight's arm workout was easily the best arm workout so far in this year's bulk. I went up in weight and reps on every exercise. I'm now lifting more weight for more reps than I ever have in my life. I suppose this stands to reason: I'm the heaviest I've ever been in my life, stronger than I've even been, and my muscles are all bigger than they've ever been. Next week I'll be going up in weight again on every single exercise. I have one meal left to eat. Tonight is cheat meal night, but I'm sick of pizza and I don't feel like going out, so I'm probably going to save the cheat meal for tomorrow or Sunday night. We'll see.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 4: Tonight I worked legs, and this was the first workout of this bulk in which I did not increase weight and/or reps for an exercise. The exercise was lying leg curls, and I did 12/11/8/8 compared to 12/11/9/9 that I did last week (using the same amount of weight). I felt great tonight, and I increased weight and reps on all my other exercises. I think what happened with my leg curls is I miscounted the number of plates and accidentally left one off on my first working set. While I was doing the first set I thought, "Man, the weight feels light tonight!" When I was done I checked the plates and saw my error. So I didn't count that first set, but it still fatigued my legs enough to affect the other 4 sets. I'll nail it next week. :) All six meals have been consumed and soon it's off to bed. Tomorrow is a relaxing cardio-only day.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 5: No weight training today. I did my morning cardio (45 mins/134 BPM) and just finished my 6th meal. Not much else to report!
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 6: Terrific chest workout tonight! I went up 5 pounds on all 4 exercises, and still hit more than 4 sets of 10 for each. That means next week I increase the weights again. My shoulder was bothering me a little, probably because the weights are starting to get up there even though I'm doing 4 sets of 10-12 per exercise. The shoulder feels pretty good now, so I think it's just a matter of working through it and being very careful with form (which is a big part of how I train anyway). All six meals eaten as scheduled. I'm off to bed--tomorrow is back day!
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 7: I had a very good back workout tonight, increasing weight on every exercise and still performing 4 sets of 10+ reps. I'll be adding weight to everything again next week. I also did Good Mornings again this week. I added 10 pounds per set and by the last set I was really feeling it! I have a feeling my lower back is going to be very, very sore tomorrow. I just completed my 6th and final meal. Tomorrow my CNS gets a rest, as it's a cardio-only day.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 8: Morning cardio (45 mins/136 BPM) done, all six meals eaten as scheduled. My lower back is feeling nicely sore tonight (as are my pecs and lats!)
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 9: I really love working delts. I don't know how I topped last week's excellent workout, but I did. I also torched my calves pretty good (I feel like they are lagging a bit, and it's bugging me so I did a few extra sets). All meals consumed as planned. Another good day is in the books. :tucool:
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 10: Unbelievably difficult arm workout tonight, but I didn't back down one bit. Details on the workout along with a couple new pictures are here. I'm going to skip my cheat meal again tonight. Pizza just doesn't sound good again, and I'm not going out. Steak is better for my muscles anyway. :)
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 11: Great leg workout tonight, and I made up for last week's poor showing working hamstrings. I've posted more details on tonight's workout and a new pictures of my calves (which is long overdue), here. I just finished my 6th and final meal. Tomorrow is a cardio-only day and, as usual after a brutal string of 3 very difficult workouts, I'm more than ready for a little R&R. :)
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 12: No training today, just AM cardio (45 mins/134 BPM) and six clean meals. I had a nice day of rest!
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 13: Tonight's pecs workout was all-out war! I felt great and suffered NO shoulder pain at all, despite some pretty heavy poundages. A new shirtless picture of me weighing in at around 231 pounds can be found here. All six meals eaten as scheduled. A very good start to the week!
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 14: Excellent back workout tonight: I added 5 pounds to my wide-grip lat pull-downs, 10 pounds to my bent-over barbell rows and T-bar rows, and did 4 sets of Good Mornings at the same weight I did last week for my last set. I just finished my 6th and final meal. I feel like I'm going to burst open...
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 15: Morning cardio (45 mins/134 BPM) done. I haven't had a cheat meal in two weeks, so I decided to have one tonight. Nothing major, just a few slices of pizza. Enough to get my macros in + a little extra fat. I'm not going to be having a cheat meal again this Friday. For some reason lately after my workouts a cheat meal just doesn't sound good. Steak sure does, though!
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 16: I was really fired up for today's workout! I added 5 more pounds to my shoulder presses -and- did more reps than last week. I added 2.5 pounds per dumbbell to my lateral raises and did 12/11/10/9 reps, which I'm very happy about because the weight I used is much higher than anything I was doing last year for laterals. I also added another 5 pounds to my bent-over dumbbell laterals--I'm now within 10 pounds of doubling last year's best weight for bent over laterals! I skipped my upright rows because I wanted to hit my traps directly with an extra exercise: I did front barbell shrugs and behind-the-back barbell shrugs. I had a pretty amazing pump going--a nice preview of how I'll look once my trap height improves. My calf work went well and I improved on the number of reps I did last week, but my ankles were really hurting. All in all, one of my best workouts yet! I'm very pleased. I just finished my 6th meal, and I plan to be in bed by 10:00 PM.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 17: I had a great arm workout tonight (really enjoyed the new exercise routine!), but was feeling some pretty serious pain in my right elbow and wrist. I'm not sure what that's about, but it's slowly been getting worse for a few weeks now. I'm probably going to talk to my doctor about it when I go for my annual checkup, maybe sooner. I'm sitting here stuffed from my 6th and final meal. I skipped my cheat meal tonight and had a nice lean steak instead. It was perfect!
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 18: Tonight's leg workout was pretty intense: I pre-exhausted with 4 sets of leg lifts and 4 sets of lying leg curls, then I did 4 set of front squats and, finally, I finished off with 4 sets of dumbbell lunges! I just finished my 6th meal, and I'm ready to get to bed. Tomorrow is cardio-only, and I need the rest: my shoulders hurt, my right elbow hurts and and my right wrist hurts.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 19: AM cardio (45 mins/134 BPM) done, and all six meals eated as planned. My triceps are very sore today!
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 20: Tonight's chest workout was one of those workouts in which the harder I worked, the easier it felt. I know that sounds weird, but I don't know how else to describe it. All the weights felt light, my form was right on, my elbow and wrist didn't hurt and I didn't feel winded between sets. I just couldn't get enough! I did watch "Pumping Iron" over my lunch break today, so that may have had something to do with it. I've seen that movie 100 times and it never fails to get me amped up! All six meals eaten as scheduled, and now it's close to bedtime. :)
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 21: My back workout started off good, but I felt really weak for some reason! It was weird, while I was doing the lifts I was strong and doing great, but as soon as I'd finish a set I felt shaky. This continued for the first two exercises and then "BAM!" I hit my stride and started feeling really good. By the time I got to my deads I felt awesome. Strange! Anyway, good workout, all in all. All six meals eaten as planned.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 22: Morning cardio (45 mins/136 BPM) done and all meals eaten as scheduled. Actually I still have one more meal, but it's a protein shake + natural peanut butter and I always look forward to those--especially tonight because I'm starving. I think all the prep work I did for tomorrow's Thanksgiving dinner made me extra hungry! I'm really sore today: my chest is aching from Monday's workout, and my back is really killing me from last night's workout (but in a good way!) :evil:
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 23: I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving! I had an awesome Thanksgiving day workout (delts/traps/calves), and a wonderful dinner. I am just about to force my 6th and final meal down (I really don't want it, but I'm NOT losing a point!) I posted some pictures from today and, further down, a post-workout picture from this morning. I'm going to go eat my last meal and get to bed!
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 24: I decided to try something a little different for tonight's arm workout: shortened rest intervals. It was pretty intense! For more details on the workout along with a goofy new picture, check out tonight's post-workout entry in my media journal. As you can guess, several of my meals today have included turkey breast, including my 6th and final meal, which I am eating now. There are a lot of leftover temptations, such as pie, but I did not touch them (and am not craving that stuff anyway, so that makes it easier!)
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 25: Great leg workout tonight! I upped the weight on every exercise and felt very energetic and strong from start to finish. Unlike last Saturday I'm not suffering from any joint or shoulder pain. I wonder what that was about? Oh well, I'm just glad everything feels better! I just finished my 6th and final meal. I'm official sick of turkey. Thankfully I've eaten all the low-fat white meat that was left over from the 21-pound bird, so tomorrow I'll be returning to chicken (which I'm also pretty sick of, but oh well).
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 26: Today was a cardio-only day (45 mins/133 BPM), and I spent the rest of the day hanging around the house with Lisa. We watched movies and played with the dogs. :) All six meals were eaten as scheduled.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 27: I love how my pecs look when they are all pumped up. I wish they looked like that all the time! I guess that means I want to get even bigger. :tucool: My workout tonight went great, and I ate all meals as scheduled. It's 9:13 PM right now, and I'm about to head off to bed. I know it seems early, but plenty of sleep is an important facet of my bulking program. :)
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 28: Tonight's back workout was excellent! I experienced none of the lethargy that I felt during last week's back workout, and I'm using the highest weight I've ever used on every exercise (except deads, which I've purposely backed the weight off and upped the reps). All six meals eaten as planned. Just two more days and I'll have completed my third "100" month in a row! It's a great feeling to know that I have not missed a single workout or meal in 3 months. Looking back it seems fairly daunting, but I've just been taking it one day at a time and thoroughly enjoying the process. I know I have it in me to do it again in December. I have no excuse not too!
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 29: Today was a cardio-only day (45 mins/134 BPM). Cardio days are so boring. I don't mind cardio when I'm cutting, but when I'm bulking I don't look forward to it at all. All six meals eaten as planned.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 30: I finished off this month's challenge with a brutal assault on my delts, traps and calves. I posted some post-workout thoughts and a new picture in tonight's entry to my media journal. I'm very proud of myself for what I've accomplished these past few month: I've not missed a single workout, meal or journal entry in well over 3 months, and my gains reflect the hard work and dedication I've put into my bulk so far this year. I've updated my final stats except my weight, which I'll add tomorrow morning. See you in the December challenge!
    -0 points [100 points]

FINAL SCORE: 100 Points! :tucool:

3. grutsch

grutsch Well-Known Member

Alright, I'm in. First a little about my background; I have been extremely active in all kinds of sports until my 18th birhtday. At this time I was training among other things with heavy weights...very hard but also very stupid. Every second day was heavy bench day the days in between were arm days.
    It's not much of a surprise that it resulted in injury. For the last 5 years I have been through quiet a number of physiotherapy and so on, but the problem still remains... right now I am following a program that has been good to me and I sign in to this thread, to help me stick to it, and stay healthy otherwise.
    My goals are:
    • Standing up before 7:30 each day except for either Saturday or Sunday
    • Eating clean
    • Getting my exercises done each day
    I will update later.

DAILY LOG
    NOV 1:
    Stood up at 7:30. Ate clean but didnt drink enough so -1, I will get my workout in just now. If you are curious for why I chose to stand up at a regular time, here is the explanation... I am still in university and my schedule allows me to pretty much freely choose, when to stand up, so the danger is there, that I stand up at say 11, and the next day at 6 which isn't a good rhythm for health and grades.
    99 Points

DAILY LOG
    NOV 2:
    Alarm clock went off at 7:30 but stood up at 8:00 (-1), ate clean, will get exercises done later, if not point deduction tommorrow. (Wont happen)
    98 Points

DAILY LOG
    NOV 3:
    Stood up at 7:30, ate clean, among others I shredded a giant pumpkin..., got a small workout in. Had a killer week, I am sure glad it is weekend! I think tommorow I will have my sleep in day.
    98 Points

DAILY LOG
    NOV 4:
    Stood up at 8:00 I think I will take this as a regular day, since tonight my gf is staying over... (-1) I had a killer week, worked at least 10 hours each day for university. Today I did asides from correcting some freshmen stuff, I cleaned my room, did some jogging and went shop for some groceries. Right now I will do some physio and that will be it.
    97 Points

DAILY LOG
    NOV 5:
    Stood up at around 10, thats okay since today was my freeday aside from that I did some more cleaning up went jogging and did some physio and watched an episode of twin peaks, which I just got started on (killer series)... Lets see what this week brings...
    97 Points

DAILY LOG
    NOV 6:
    Stood up on time, ate clean and had sufficient water... Workout will be done right after updating.
    97 Points

DAILY LOG
    NOV 7:

DAILY LOG
    NOV 8:
    Missed yesterdays update, did all my stuf right though so -1 point.
    96 Points

DAILY LOG
    NOV 9:
    I stood up at 8 o clock, so about half an hour late... (-1)/(per half an hour) I am not acting 100 5% according to plan, but at least I am not messing up too bad, I ll try to improve even more... but I already see, I will probably sleep in 30 or 60 minutes tommorow as i am tired as hell. Makes no sense to be sleepy all day. Good night
    95 Points

DAILY LOG
    NOV 10:
    Stood up at 8 (-1) and had a hard working day, didnt find the time to do my physiostuff -1 ate clean though.
    93 Points

DAILY LOG
    NOV 11:
    missed update, stood up late (free day) -1
    92 Points

DAILY LOG
    NOV 12:
    Stood up early at 4:00 to watch the Klitschko fight (on German television). But after that I went back to sleep and I slept to around 10 o clock (-5... thats pretty tough, but those are my guidlines.)
    87 Points

DAILY LOG
    NOV 13:
    everything done right
    87 Points

DAILY LOG
    NOV 14:
    missed update (-1), stood up late about (3 hours later than planned) -6 worked out though and ate clean.
    81 Points (things are not going well)

DAILY LOG
    NOV 15:
    Stood up earlier than planned (good job) everything done right
    81 Points

DAILY LOG
    NOV 16:
    Another week is coming to an end... Stood up on time, ate clean worked out, went back to University... Good day
    81 Points

DAILY LOG
    NOV 17:

DAILY LOG
    NOV 18:

DAILY LOG
    NOV 19:

DAILY LOG
    NOV 20:
    Spend weekend at my parents place. Missed updates 17-19 (-3) worked out on two of those days (-1), stood up at 7:30 8 and 8:30 while one is free-day (-1). Today I stood up at 8:30 (-2) ate clean, and plan to get my workout in right now. This all added up to my points so far gives a sum of
    74 Points

DAILY LOG
    NOV 21:

DAILY LOG
    NOV 22:
    No entry yesterday... Everything done right though... Things around work/university are tough, but a man s gotta do what a man s gotta do; blah.
    73 Points

DAILY LOG
    NOV 23:
    Stood up at 8(-1), ate clean plan to work out right now.
    72 Points

DAILY LOG
    NOV 23:
    Stood up at 7:30 (check), ate clean the whole day, worked out. Just arrived from a party where I had a couple of beers. (thats a negative on eating clean (-1)) I ll probably play some doom3 and have my stand up late day tomorrow.
    71 Points

DAILY LOG
    NOV 24:

DAILY LOG
    NOV 25:

DAILY LOG
    NOV 26:

DAILY LOG
    NOV 27:
    Missed 3 updates -3, Friday was a goodday; stood up at around 10 both Saturday and Sunday, thats -5 (one day is free) did not work out on Saturday, did work out on Sunday (pretty good one by the way), Stood up right now late at 9:30 -4 which sums up to a total of
    59 Points

DAILY LOG
    NOV 28:

DAILY LOG
    NOV 29:
    Missed update, had a great workout though yesterday. Today also everything was on spot.
    58 Points

DAILY LOG NOV 30: Last day

#3 grutsch, Oct 24, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2006
  4. Bob99

Bob99 Well-Known Member

Bob's Challenge - Part II

GOALS:
    1. Continue losing fat. i've still got a reasonable size gut, and I'm going to eliminate it. By January I'm going to have a 32 inch waist, and there will be some abs to see!
    2. Work out hard with weights in order to build additional muscle. I'm going to bump the amount of protein I'm consuming slightly, and look at slight caloric increase.
    3. Continue stretching to improve flexibility. I'm pretty close to touching my toes, which is much better than the start of October. I want to be able to completely touch my toes, and eventually put my palms on the ground.

NON-FITNESS GOALS
    1. I'm also going on a financial diet this month. I'm going to record all the money I spend this month in a spreadsheet. I want to make sure that I'm spending responsibly, and I'm trying to save more money.
    2. I am going to write for one hour per day.

COMMENT
    : My October 100 challenge went very well, and I managed to hang onto 94 points over the course of the month. I lost 6.5 pounds, my arms increased by 0.25", my chest increased by 1.25", and my waist decreased by 1.75". I also lost 1" on my thighs, and 1.5" on my hips. I'm looking to replicate and surpass this success in November, with particular focus on my shoulders and arms.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Sunday: Weight Training - Back, Biceps & Forearms + Abs
    Monday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted)
    Tuesday: Weight Training - Quads, Calves, Hamstrings + Abs
    Wednesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted)
    Thursday: Weight Training - Pecs, Delts, Triceps + Abs
    Friday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted)
    Saturday: Off / Optional Stationary bike

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, one cheat meal per week.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 178.5 pounds
    BODY FAT: unknown
    ARMS: 13"
    CALVES: 16.25"
    CHEST: 39.25
    FOREARMS: 11"
    HIPS: 39.75"
    THIGHS: 23.25"
    WAIST: 35.75"

END STATS
    WEIGHT: 177 lbs
    BODY FAT: ?
    ARMS: 13"
    CHEST: 39.75"
    FOREARMS: 11"
    HIPS: 39.75"
    THIGHS: 24"
    WAIST: 35"

DAILY LOG

NOV 1: All meals eaten according to plan, and I exercised for 15 miles / 48 minutes tonight. I had a really good sweat going by the end of it, I was pushing hard and could definitely feel it. I'm increasing my food quantities from 100g of chicken or beef to 125g. I eat meat at 4 of my meals per day, so that will be good. I'll see if it slows my fat loss, but I think I should be OK. I'm going to re-examine all the foods I'm eating tomorrow, in order to ensure that I'm on target health-wise for this month. I need to make sure I'm not burning so many calories that it's difficult to take advantage of the muscle I'm gaining!
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 2: Ate clean and exercised tonight, chest, triceps, and delts. I can't lift that much weight with my triceps, so it's a bit hard to isolate them. I'm getting better at it though - I find that with all of these exercises I keep learning how to refine my technique, so I can do them better.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 3
    : My triceps and chest are pretty sore today, so I guess I did something right yesterday! Ate all meals clean, and skipped my cheat meal. I may use it tomorrow, but I'm not in a rush. I need to go shopping this weekend, since I'm running low on some key supplies. I also need to write!
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 4
    : All meals eaten according to plan, and I also did 50 minutes / 15 miles of biking today.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 5: All meals eaten according to plan. I was feeling unmotivated when I was working out, but in the end it was still an OK session. I got all my food prepared for the week, which is good - it makes eating healthy very easy. This is going to be a good week!
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 6: I ate everything according to plan, and did 16.5 miles in 52 minutes on the exercise bike this evening. I've been reading some other threads on JSF and I'm trying to reconsider my fitness goals. I still have fat that needs to be lost, but I'm considering increasing my calories so I can begin putting on more muscle. I've posted my current routine (along with a photo) in this thread, to draw on the experience of the group: http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?t=32116
    Anyone reading this journal is invited to comment too!
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 7: Leg workout today, I did lunges, leg extensions, hamstring curls, sumo squats, and standing calf raises. I would like to ramp into squatting / deadlifting. I'll be able to do the deadlifts, since I have a bar, but I can't squat as I have no squat rack and no spotter. I may go to a friend's gym to try it, since I think that could really put the hurt on my legs... in a good way! Meals on target today, everything 100%.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 8: Exercise bike today, 48 minutes / 15 miles, which is quick. Still trying to get down to 45 minutes, so I can maintain an average of 3 min. or under per mile! I cooked up some more chicken tonight, for lunches and other food I bring with me. I've only been doing this for about 5 weeks, but I'm already at the point where I can't imagine what I'd do if I didn't regularly cook massive batches of food. It makes me wonder what I even did before (snack and eat in restaurants is the unfortunate answer!) All meals on target today, and I experimented with mixing raw oats into my weigh shake. It wasn't that bad, so I might try to use that for my carb kick after my workouts. I also bought some brown rice, I'm going to experiment with cooking that up and taking chicken and rice, rather than chicken sandwiches. From the other thread I started, I gather that the carbs will be better than the multigrain bread I'm currently eating. Plus, if I make 150g of rice (cooked) it will be less carbs than the bread I'm eating 2x per day anyway.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 9: My workout today was pretty uninspired, but I got through it. I mixed 60g of raw oats into my chocolate milk / white milk / chocolate weigh PWO shake. It tasted fine (I was a bit worried about that) so I think the oats are going to be a permanent addition on weight-training days, so I've got some healthy carbs in that PWO meal. All other meals for the day were A-OK and on target.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 10: Fitness and health 100% today - got up at 7am to ride the bike.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 11: I took advantage of my rest day today. I need to look at my calories and food intake tomorrow, since I want to increase the amount I'm eating. I really feel that I need to put on some muscle before I worry about losing fat... Obviously I'm doing good things for my body by eating right and exercising, and that's already contributed to the fat loss. I've really got to take a good crack at this and add some muscle / size / strength to my body!
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 12: My hard drive died tonight, but I made my update on paper! Just a bit slow typing it in ;). I made some chicken for the week, and I also worked back and biceps. I did deadlifts for the first time, and they were excellent. I really enjoy learning new exercises that I can add to my routine. I feel like I'm getting better at them as I go on.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 13: I can really feel those deadlifts today in my lower back! I've never felt muscle soreness in my lower back, which is great - that means I obviously wasn't working the muscles there. Today I had a personal fitness breakthrough - I biked 15 miles in 43 minutes, breaking my goal of less than 3 minutes per mile. I was really going strong, and it was excellent. I'm going to wait until I do it a few more times, and then I'm going to increase the difficulty on the bike. All meals were eaten on target today, and I also made some beef to take with me for lunches.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 14: Excellent leg workout today! I can barely walk! Sweet lord, I can really feel the extra sets of lunges and leg extensions. I lost a point today, but I'm OK with it. I was bringing some supplies to a friend who just had an operation, and she made some cookies to thank me. I didn't want to refuse them, since that would be rude. (Also, she makes excellent cookies!) I did not overdo it, but that's one delicious point lost.
    -1 point [99 points]

NOV 15: Fitness and health 100% today. I did 15 miles in under 45 minutes again, which I'm very happy with. I also went to the butcher and bought chicken, which was fantastic - it's much cheaper there! From now on, I'm buying all my meat directly from the butcher. I bought 10lbs - cooked 5, and froze the other 5.
    -0 points [99 points]

NOV 16: Everything went great today, no lost points. A friend I work with joined the Army a while ago, and today was his last day at work. There was a party for him, with some cake, but I avoided it. I figured that it wouldn't make a difference to anyone else whether or not I ate cake. I had to get in a late night workout, but it went well. I've increased all amounts of meat that I'm eating to 150g, so that's 4x 150g servings, or 600g per day. Usually 450 chicken, and 150 beef. I need to re-calculate my calories per meal in the spreadsheet, since I want to closely monitor the increase. I had another oats, weigh & chocolate milk shake after my workout today, which was excellent. On cardio days I'm not adding the oats.
    -0 points [99 points]

NOV 17: I did not have time to complete my cardio today. As tomorrow is a rest day, I plan to make it up so I don't lose the point. Unfortunately, it's 4am and I'm still in the process of helping a friend edit a wedding video that needs to be completed asap. I had a feeling this edit-o-rama might take a long time, I should have exercised before I left the house and just gone over later. Oh well, not a big deal, this certainly won't derail me.
    -0 points [99 points]

NOV 18: I got an excellent cardio workout done today, 46 minutes / 16 miles on the bike. I seem to have broken through on the 45/15 barrier, so next week I'm going to increase the difficulty level of the bike. I think it helps that I'm exercising my legs, since as they get stronger I can go longer and faster. Today my food was excellent, I took care to make sure I packed everything I needed to eat well, despite a busy day. Tomorrow I'm going to be working from home all day, which means I'll be able to cook up some more beef for lunches next week. I still need to sit down and officially bump up my calories in the spreadsheet, I need to commit to doing that on Monday. I might need to get some bigger tupperware containers as I continue to increase my portion sizes!
    -0 points [99 points]

NOV 19: Great back and bicep workout today. I bought and cooked some roast beef, which I'll use for lunches. I'm still dealing with figuring out portion sizes, to make sure I have enough to last the week. All my meals were on schedule today, and I'm loving fitness!
    -0 points [99 points]

NOV 20: Strange - I updated last night, but it does not appear to have registered. I got in another late night workout, which was excellent. I did 15/45 again, so I'm going to increase the difficulty on the bike when I do it next (Wednesday). I cooked 6 lbs of chicken as I was biking - I can't believe how easy it is to make large quantities of healthy food. All my meals were on target tonight, and I worked out my additional calories in the spreadsheet.
    -0 points [99 points]

NOV 21: I had an excellent leg workout today. I also ate 100% on target. And that's pretty much it!
    -0 points [99 points]

NOV 22: I bumped up the difficulty on the exercise bike by one notch. I still finished in 45min 15sec, but DEAR GOODNESS it was more difficult. The fun and games on that bike are definitely over. I look forward to tackling it again on Friday. All my meals were on target today, I'm actually eating a fair amount of food now that I've switched over to bulking. I'm not sure if it's official bulking, more like "mild" bulking - I just want to make sure I've got enough calories going into my body to ensure that I can actually put on some muscle!
    -0 points [99 points]

NOV 23: I put in a late night workout tonight, but my triceps and chest are feeling great. I'm going to switch it up and move shoulders to a different day, I never seem to be feeling the exercises on Thursday. Maybe if I switch it up to leg day. Healthy food all around, since I was packing 4/6 meals today. Off to bed!
    -0 points [99 points]

NOV 24: Everything A-OK. I'm resting today, and biking tomorrow!
    -0 points [99 points]

NOV 25: Excellent exercise bike today, I did the harder setting in under 45 minutes, but it was really hard. I'm going to do it like this one more time before I bump the difficulty again, since I won't be able to take it!
    -0 points [99 points]

NOV 26: All eating on target today. Good back / biceps workout.
    -0 points [99 points]

NOV 27: I did another 15 miles in under 45 minutes on the bike, so I'm going to bump the difficulty on Friday or Saturday when I bike next. Made some excellent roast beef, and I've got some chicken defrosting so I can make some tonight. It's amazing how much food I'm preparing compared to two months ago. I need to increase the calories in my final two meals, since I'm aiming for 500 or more in each of my 6 meals. Maybe I can tack some almonds on, as an easy way to bump it up.
    -0 points [99 points]

NOV 28: Late night legs!
    -0 points [99 points]

NOV 29: Lost a point today - I visited my cookie baking friend, and I indulged in some additional freshly baked chocolate chips. They were good, but I've decided that's the last time I'm going to allow that to hapen. In other fitness news, I scaled mount bikemore, doing the new extremely hard setting in 49:49 for 15 miles. This was no laughing matter, I was really working hard and sweating up a storm. When I was finished, it looked like I had just taken a shower. It will be a little while before I can crank out this difficulty in under 45 minutes. I look forward to meeting the challenge (though I don't really want to think about what lies beyond that!)
    -1 point [98 points]

NOV 30: It was 2am, and I was really thinking about not exercising. But I did it anyway, and I'm glad. i'm going to need it!

Final Score: 98 Points

#4 Bob99, Oct 24, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2006
  5. Nowhereman

Nowhereman Well-Known Member

GOAL: Bulk

COMMENT: Well I gained about 4 pounds of muscle last month, even though I got sick for like a week. I hope to gain about 4lbs again this month. I am going to keep the same workout days but I will be leaving out of town for about 4 days. Only one workout day will be affected, so I'll do it 2 days earlier.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: off
    Tuesday: Chest and Back
    Wednesday: Legs
    Thursday: off
    Friday: off
    Saturday shoulders and arms
    Sunday: off

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, one cheat meal per week

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 155
    BODY FAT: 14.28
    ARMS: 12.375
    CALVES: 14.25
    CHEST: 36.5
    FOREARMS: 11
    HIPS: 35.5
    THIGHS: 22
    WAIST: 32

If you miss an update: -1.
    Miss a workout for any reason: -1
    Miss a meal for any reason: -1
    Eat an unscheduled "cheat" meal or snack:-1

Nov 1: Posted my goals and workouts. [100 points]

Nov 2: Yesterday I did my leg workout. I lifted the most I have ever lifted. Personal maxes. I also feel as if I could go up a lot next week. [100 points]

Nov 3: Ate all my meals yesterday. I also upped my calories just a bit. [100 points]

Nove 4: Had all my meals yesterday. Nothing eventful. [100 points]

Nov 5: Did my back and arms yesterday. Went well but I will bring the weight down a llittle on my reverse curls. [100 points]

Nov 6: Had my cheat meal yesterday. Worst part was that it didn't taste good. [100 points]

Nov 7: Nothing of interest happened yesterday. Had all my meals. [100 points]

Nov 8: Did my chest/shoulders/tricep workout. I didn't go up as much as I wanted but I went up some. [100 points]

Nov 9: I did my legs yesterday. I went up on my squats but my grip gave out on my SLD's despite the fact that it felt light. I just couldn't hold on for my middle two sets. I did one less rep than last week on my 2nd to last set. I got pissed and decided that my last set wouldn't not be determined by my grip. I took off my gloves and held the the bar with my bare hands (wich I hate to do) and did more than last week. [100 points]

Nov 10: Had all my meals yesterday. Everything was good. [100 points]

Nov 11: I zonked out early yesterday and I actally missed a meal because of it. [99 points]

Nov 12: I did my back and arms yesterday. I went up in reps on most sets, withe the exception of my pullups, but I did weight a bit more than last week. [99 points]

Nov 13: Had my cheat meal yesterday. Everything else was uneventful. [99 points]

Nov 14: Ahh crap I cant believe I forgot to update I swear I updated. Oh well [98 points]

Nov 15: Yesterday I worked out my legs. I did 10 sets of 10 reps (deadlifts). Felt pretty good [98 points]

Nov 16: I worked out my arms and shoulders yesterday. It was late and I was a bit tired. I thought that it would affect my workout but the tiredness went away when I started lifting. [98 points]

Nov 17: Vacation [97 points]
    Nov 18: Vacation[96 points]
    Nov 19: Vacation[95 points]
    Nov 20: Vacation[94 points]
    Nov 21: I got back yesterday. I'm pretty tired right now. I'll work out later. [94 points]
    Nov 22: Missed my workout I'll do it tomorrow. [94 points]
    Nov 23: I missed putting up my update but I did workout. [93 points]
    Nov 24 Missed update
    Nov 25 Missed update
    Nov 26: I haven't been able to get back into the groove of updating since I have been back from vacation but I hope to improve that the last week of this month. [91 points]

#5 Nowhereman, Oct 24, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  6. specialk

specialk Well-Known Member

COMMENT: I will be taking my wife to South Beach for our Anniversary this month and will not be near a computer for 4 days. I will enter this challenge and commit myself 100% for the other 26 days.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: 30 mins (aerobic)
    Tuesday: Weight training: quads, hamstrings & calfs
    Wednesday: Weight training: delts & arms
    Thursday: 30 mins (aerobic)
    Friday: Weight training: back & traps
    Saturday: 30 mins (aerobic)
    Sunday: Weight training: chest & arms

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, one cheat meal per week. No alcohol.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 187
    BODY FAT: 12.3%
    ARMS: 15"
    CALVES: 15"
    CHEST: 42.5"
    FOREARMS: 11.75"
    THIGHS: 23.75"
    WAIST: 34.5"

ENDING STATS
    WEIGHT: 194.2 (+7.2)
    BODY FAT: 14% (+1.7)
    ARMS: 15.5" (+.5)
    CALVES: 15.25" (+.25)
    CHEST: 43.5" (+1)
    FOREARMS: 12" (+.25)
    THIGHS: 24.5" (+.75)
    WAIST: 35.25" (+.75)

DAILY LOG

11/1: Having a head cold is not a great way to begin a challenge. I could not fall asleep last night because I had taken some medicine just before going to bed and I just could not get comfortable. I was able to sleep in late which meant that I would have to do my fasted cardio later in the day between my 4th and 5th meal. All day long I felt like my head was going to explode with the sinus pressure. Anyway, I was not going to let things start out so poorly and didn't want to deduct any points so early in the challenge so I bucked up and did it.
    100 points

11/2: I'm starting to feel a bit better so I think my cold has run it's course. I had all my meals packed for success and I ate each on time. I went to the gym and worked out. At first I thought I would just take it easy. As soon as I arrived I was thinking "Dam I'm eating so much, I'd better have an intense session."
    100 points

10/3: TGIF I am looking forward to this weekend because I can finally get some much needed rest. I woke up early and did my fasted cardio and things have improved with respect to my head cold. I'm looking forward to my leg day tomorrow and I plan to add some dynamic stretching before I lift any weight. I've been stiff and figure the pre-stretching will loosing up my joints. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
    100 points

10/4: I had to workout early today. I usually train around 5pm but today I went at 10am, like most weekends. Today was legs and I was still feeling the effects of my recent cold. I did'nt let that deter me and I attacked the lifts with all my energy. I did all my sets and the tempo was slow and reps focused. I did so well that I decided to have my weekly cheat today, 1 hot dog, 1 frosted donut, 2 chicken nuggets, 2 slices of cheese pizza, and a handful of fries. This was one of the worst cheats I have had in a long time and yet this is exactly what my two children had to eat during the day.
    100 points

10/5: Another early workout today and I'm glad because it allowed me the rest of the afternoon to relax. Oh, wait I fist had to rake leaves, put away lawn furniture, clean out coolers, rake some more, teach my 5 year old how to ride without training wheels, and cook enough for the next few days. But, hey, I'm not complaining it could of been worse. I wish I did'nt have my cheat meal last night because the Patriots are playing the Colts at 7pm. and I'm in the mood for pizza. I'll just have to settle on shrimp, oriental veggies and red bliss potatoes. Yippee.
    100 points

10/6: Not much to post...Cardio only today and all meals on time and as planned. Another day closer to my vacation in South Beach. I'm looking forward to a few days of rest, relaxation and fun. I'm planning to use this time to enjoy all of the hard work I've been putting in lately. I haven't taken any recovery time off in a long while and these few days will be good for my joints and I will be able to recharge my battery. As soon as I get back on Monday it's 100 % effort until the next challenge.
    100 points

10/7: Today something was just not right. I did'nt sleep that well last night and all day long I felt lethargic. I did eat according to plan and went to the gym to lift. My strength and focus was also off. I caught myself staring at the TV watching some god awful show. I even scolded myself for not being focused. I'm probably still a bit under the weather and the daily fitness routine is stalling my complete recovery.
    100 points

10/8: A chink in the armour. My wife left for South Beach today and I'll meet up with her on Friday because of work. Anyway I have had a hectic day getting the girls ready for school, and picking them up at various times today. I just finished putting them to bed and prepared my meals for tomorrow. I also put out their clothes for tomorrow as well as pack their lunches. I don't know if it's because I'm tired or what but I just poured a glass of red wine -1 point and I plan to watch a movie before bed.
    99 points

11/9: Today went rather well and I had an excellent chest/arm workout. I was really focused on my reps and I felt that I pushed myself very hard. I'm leaving tomorrow for South Beach and I'm very excited to be in a warm sunny climate. I already know that I'll loose points for various infractions during this time but trips like this don't come around often.
    99 points

11/14: I'm back from South Beach and I'm very excited to pick up where I left off. Today is leg day and I feel well rested and ready to give it my all. I got back to my regular eating program as of today and without getting into it "lets just say I ate like a cow" these last few days. I haven't posted since Friday -4 points, missed two workouts and two cardio sessions -4 points, drank alcohol nightly -4 points, and ate in abundance -4 points This hurts my overall point count for the month, but I'm not giving up without a fight. I plan to give 100% for the rest of the month and keep my remaining points in tact. 87 points

11/15: Ah the halfway mark. I had another great day of training my delts and arms and I did notice that I haven't lost any strength which is a good thing. I have also noticed that I'm putting on fat again in the upper hips. I have a tendency to store fat there and it's the first place that comes back like an unwelcome friend. Time to start wearing winter clothes again.
    87 points

11/16: Today was the first time I did fasted cardio in over a week and believe me I was sucking wind. At first I thought that my quads were sore from leg day on Tuesday but after about 10 minutes the legs were feeling like dead weight. I pushed through it but I can't believe that 7+ days without cardio could have such a negative impact on my cardio fitness.
    87 points

11/17: I had a great back day today, I was able to increase my deadlift 10 LB again. I have been increasing it consistently since I started my bulk. I'm very happy with my strength gains so far. I have a personal goal that I would like to achieve by the end of the year ad I'm pretty much on target. Tonight will be my weekly cheat meal and after today's workout I'm going to really enjoy it.
    87 points

11/18: Early morning cardo and all else went well today. Plenty of chores around the house to keep me busy. I'll be doing chest/arms tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it. Unfortunately I will be working most of tomorrow because I will not be in on Wednesday.
    87 points

11/19: Well as I mentioned I had to work at the office today. I put in a full day and I was in no mood to workout. I just felt that I was spent. Anyway I did some motivational reading. I read a few other posts and snap I was in the mood to train.

I got to the gym and had an awesome chest & arm workout. My focus was on and I even loaded some new songs on my ipod. I just finished my last meal of the day and I'm now relaxing. Yahoo the Patriots won today.
    87 points

11/20: I did my fasted morning cardio today and I felt much quicker and my overall condition was improved from the first one I did after my vacation. I ate all my meals on time and had a great day at the office, got a lot of things done before Thanksgiving. I'm still holding onto my remaining points like they are valuable gems.
    87 points

11/21: Oh ya baby, I had my leg day today and I must of done something right because before I knew it I had lifted a personal best squat. I did my two warm ups with more weight than usual and then loaded the bar thinking the 35lb were 25lb weights, alright I knew they were 35lb but I did'nt bother to add all the weight until I was finished all my sets. 205lb might not be a lot for most but this was the first time ever for me. The energy from a calorie surplus is through the roof. My lifts are all higher and I couldn't be happier. Now time to make my PWO2 meal.
    87 points

11/22: I had to drop a dime so to speak in order to connect and post. I'm currently in New York Thanksgiving morning and we will be taking the girls to the Thanksgiving Day Parade. I paid $20 last night to workout at the "New York Sports Club" that's dedication. I wasn't able to post last night but found a Internet pay as you go site this morning. My meals were 95% last night considering traveling for 6+ hours. Anyway had a great shoulder/arm workout and saved plenty of room in my stomach for my weekly cheat which is of course today. No points lost because dam it I worked out and found a way to post plus I really tried on my meals and could of easily gone for junk while on the road.
    87 points

11/23: I did my 30 minutes of cardio going on a fools errand yesterday before Thanksgiving dinner. I was looking for children's pedi care tablets for colds & allergies. Three pharmacy's were out of stock and I was running from store to store. I also had my cheat meal yesterday and I enjoyed every minute of it. No alcohol and plenty of water kept me feeling very full.
    87 points

11/24: I already knew it was going to be a rough day today. We were traveling back home from Manhattan, NY and I did'nt plan my meals out to well. I ate mostly clean food but the macros were off and the timing was as well. -1 point If that wasn't bad enough, we arrived home to late for me to go and workout. - 1 point I will make up the missed workout tomorrow but I worked so hard lately to keep from messing up that I wanted to be accountable for my actions today.
    85 points

11/25: As I mentioned in last night's post, I missed my back routine because I was traveling. I decided to workout today and do my back instead of cardio. I always enjoy doing my back because it's where I excel in my lifts and form. Anyway, I keep a log of all my previous lifts, weight used and how the load felt. I indicate heavy if a particular set is difficult by the last few reps but form is still good. Anyway I decided to add 20 lbs to my deadlift because last week I didn’t indicate any difficulty with the amount lifted. I got the first set completed and I was winded. I then took my rest and began the second set. I got to about 5 reps when coming out of the hole I felt a twinge in my lower left back. I immediately stopped the set and basically leaned against a wall. The pain was tolerable but whenever I bent over I felt the same tightness in that area. I went home and iced my back. I still feel the tightness in my lower back and will basically rest and see what develops. This really bothers me because lately I was on a roll.
    85 points

11/26: I'm still sore from my muscle strain in my lower back. I did go to the club and did a very easy chest workout and relaxed in the jacuzzi after wards. I took my girls to a birthday party and while there I ate pizza. - 1 point I'll be glad when this month is over. It's been a difficult month to stay on tract.
    84 points

11/27: Cardio only today and I'm actually glad. My lower back is getting better since Saturday but any wrong movement and I cringe. Anyway I'm applying heat and taking care of the problem. I ate all my meals on time and within the right macros. Tomorrow is leg day and again I plan to adjust my workout so I do not put any additional strain on my lower back.
    84 points

11/28: Leg day today and although my lower back is still sore I decided to work out anyway. I lifted with a lighter weight and with perfect form and basically I flexed throughout the entire movement. This did the trick because I felt very little discomfort. I was able to complete my routine and I was even able to do some lower body stretching after my workout.
    8 points

11/29: I did my shoulders and arms today and I was really struggling with the shorter rest period between sets. I really contracted on the peak of the movement and felt fatigued around the 7th rep of the 2nd set of straight bar curls. I checked my logs and a similar thing happened the last time I went with a shorter rest period.
    84 points

11/30: I did my morning fasted cardio and all went well. I ate all my meal on time and within the right macros. Overall I had an excellent day. One more meal and it's off to bed for a long night of recovery. I managed to hang on to my remaining points by planning for some events in advance, trip to South Beach, and some poor planning like the glass of wine, slice of pizza, or the missed cardio session.
    84 points

#6 specialk, Oct 24, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2006
  7. gazareth

gazareth Senior Member

Media:
    Albums:
    gazareth's Official "100 Challenge" post

COMMENT: I'd like to hit 12 stone (168lbs) by the time I go on holiday to Slovakia (29th November).

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Full body weights workout
    Tuesday: Rugby training (or cardio)
    Wednesday: Speedwork
    Thursday: Rugby training
    Friday: Compound lifts & cardio
    Saturday Rugby match or cardio (alternate weeks)
    Sunday: 30-40 minutes jogging on the treadmill
    Note: I injured my shoulder playing rugby on 23rd October, it may be a couple of weeks before I can do weights, rugby or speedwork. I will be doing cardio, core or some other form of workout in the gym instead on those days.

NUTRITION RULES
    1) Shitloads of water.
    2) No chocolate, crisps, snacks or anything "unhealthy" except a dessert on a Sunday and a bar of chocolate on Friday lunchtime.
    3) Wholemeal bread only, no white.
    4) At least 5 portions of fruit and veg per day.
    5) Max 2 cups of tea per week, no coffee, no soft drinks (max 1 can of diet coke per week, or equivalent).
    6) No alcohol except at the weekend (one night per week max).

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 180lbs
    BODY FAT: 21% ish!

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:

Start pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DAILY LOG

NOV 1: Great start to my first 100 challenge - I'm ill! I think I picked up a bug or something on the way home from Copenhagen, and I felt rotten most of yesterday. Needless to say, I didn't get to the gym, or even to work. I managed to stick to the nutrition side of things, which was hard given that all I wanted to do was sit in bed and eat chocolate while playing Lumines! I'm not taking points off for missing a workout because it's not really my fault. I'm feeling better this morning (2nd Nov) but not feeling confident about making it to rugby training tonight... 100 points

NOV 2: Again, I was too ill to exercise :( However, everything was A-OK with food and this morning I'm feeling a lot better. I'll see how I am after a day in the office but I feel like I can get a good gym workout in tonight - I hope so because I'm supposed to be playing rugby tomorrow! 100 points

NOV 3: Made it to the gym yesterday and did a full body workout. My shoulder hurt too much for bench pressing so I had to skip that :( I went out with some friends in the evening and drank too much :P I think I'm going to lose my first point today though, I'm going to a fireworks party and I don't know if I'll be able to resist the temptation of beer! 100 points

NOV 4: No exercise today plus a few beers at the party = 2 points lost. I'm not too bothered about the beers because I had a good laugh, and I don't want to completely forego the idea of having fun in favour of dropping a few pounds. I could have gone to the gym but I had too much other stuff to do to fit in a workout, which is a poor excuse admittedly. Tomorrow is a new day though! 98 points

NOV 5: All good - ran 5km and nutrition all OK. 98 points

NOV 6: All good - did full body workout at the gym (minus chest and shoulder stuff due to injury) and felt pretty good. Deadlifting 60kg for 3x9 felt pretty easy for the first time so that weight will be going up on Wednesday (replacing speed session with another weights session as the speed stuff is very hard on the shoulders)! Food also fine, enjoyed some cottage cheese on crackers this evening :) I'm boiling some eggs in preparation for breakfast tomorrow - oatmeal and hard-boiled eggs... mmmm :) 98 points

NOV 7: Was going to go to the gym for some cardio after work but the promise of a warm cup of tea and the new Prison Break was too much, so I went to play football this evening instead. I didn't get as hard a workout as I would have at the gym but it's better than nothing I suppose. Food was all OK, felt hungry most of the day though. Weights tomorrow, shoulder still a bit iffy :( 98 points

NOV 8: Got my full body workout in and squats & deadlifts kicked my ass as usual! Food was also fine. Weighed myself this morning (writing this on the morning of the 9th) and haven't lost a pound. Need to get more cardio in I reckon... 98 points

NOV 9: With my shoulder still not up to rugby, I went to the gym after work and ran for 40 minutes on the treadmill. It was a fairly slow pace, but I ran 6.6km or so and this is a big achievement - the longest I have ever run for and the furthest too! I almost feel like giving myself a point back for this, haha ;) Food was all fine, I'm finding that side of things quite easy - whenever I feel tempted to break a rule I remind myself of the shame of docking a point in this challenge and I resist! 98 points

NOV 10: Writing this at lunchtime on the 11th - been a bit hectic in the last 24 hours! Yesterday was fine points wise, got a good solid workout in at the gym and ate fine. My Friday mars bar tasted great after abstaining for a week :) 98 points

NOV 11: Got in an intense cardio workout, and ate well all day, but fell victim to post-pub hunger and had a McDonalds burgers :( 97 points

NOV 12: The gym shuts early on a Sunday, but for some unknown reason it shut earlier than usual yesterday (writing this on the 13th), meaning I arrived there to find it closing. Lame! No workout - minus one point :( 96 points

NOV 13: Got in a solid full-body workout, and increased weights on squats and reps on deads. Sadly I ruined my day's efforts by having an unscheduled bar of chocolate at lunchtime! I'm writing this at 10am on the 14th, and I'm pondering whether I will need to deduct another point for today. I'm going to the theatre tonight (been arranged for ages), which means no gym. Ordinarily I'd sneak out at lunchtime, but I have a working lunch meeting. The gym doesn't open early enough for me to go before work. So, do I deduct a point for missing a workout? Quite the dilemma. 95 points

NOV 14: Decided not to deduct the point - there was really no way I could have done anything yesterday. On Sunday I could have gone for a run or something after I found the gym to be closed - yesterday was simply a matter of not having a spare moment. Food all fine, now I have to get in a solid cardio session to make up for missed workouts. 95 points

NOV 15: Workout missed. No excuses today, just pure slackness. I had a few things to do straight after work and it seems whenever I have to adjust my usual routine, my gym visits are one of the first things to suffer. Ah well. 94 points

NOV 16: Ah, that was better - in fact I'd say that was textbook! Food was OK, and I went to the gym after work and bested the treadmill PB I set last week by running 7.5km or so. Safe! 94 points

NOV 17: Another good day. I ate well and never felt hungry beyond the limits of my normal diet. I also got in a full body workout and even did some bench presses. My shoulder is almost healed - it's not quite there yet but maybe I'll be able to go back to rugby training next week. 94 points

NOV 18: Missed this update, didn't go to the gym and had an unscheduled chocolate bar. Oops. 91 points

NOV 19: I was too hungover to do anything all day, so I didn't go to the gym. I'm annoyed with myself. Grr. 90 points

NOV 20: My PT has changed my weights sessions around, we're now gonna try and get some hypertrophy going. He's not said anything about my diet though, which I find a bit odd. Anyway, today was biceps and chest, it was OK. I couldn't push myself to the limit on the chest exercises because of my shoulder. 90 points

NOV 21: Writing this on the morning of the 22nd. Yesterday was fine, food all OK and I played football for an hour and a half. Was running round a lot... today I'm not going to be able to work out. I'm going to a gig tonight straight from work (have to leave early to get to London in time) and I have a working lunch scheduled. Grr. 90 points

NOV 22: Great gig last night, the absence of a workout was compensated by the amount of jumping around I did! An hour and a half of leaping around like an idiot is about as good as a normal cardio workout I reckon ;) Sadly I also ate some chocolate at the gig, so one point lost. Boo. 89 points

NOV 23: Food OK, but didn't go to rugby training. Staying up until 2am watching the cricket (England are playing in Australia) is a bad motivator for exercise :D I have a rugby game tomorrow, my shoulder seems pretty good now... 88 points

NOV 24: All good, solid back/triceps workout and good food. Had a few drinks at my cricket club's annual dinner in the evening, so I'll probably lose a point as I will be drinking on Saturday night as well. 88 points

NOV 25: Forgot to do this update + beer for 2nd night of the week + post-beer fast food 85 points

NOV 26: Food fine, but no workout :( 84 points

NOV 27: Food fine, chest/biceps work was good too. Was able to do bench stuff properly again, shoulder held up fine but with some minor twinges. I'm going on holiday on Wednesday so a week of resting it should see it back to 100% (I hope!). 84 points

#7 gazareth, Oct 24, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2006
  8. misterrossi

misterrossi Well-Known Member

COMMENT: Only looking to drop around 7 pounds, but more importantly looking to stay focused.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Weight training: Full Body
    Tuesday: Walk, 10% incline, 6kmph, 30 mins
    Wednesday: Weight training: Full Body
    Thursday: Walk, 10% incline, 6kmph, 30 mins. Light climbing.
    Friday: Weight training: Full Body
    Saturday: Rest Day
    Sunday: Min 4 mile outdoor walk.

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Five meals per day, one cheat meal per week. Moderate (Two Pints) alcohol one day a week.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    CHEST:
    HIPS:
    WAIST:

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    CHEST:
    HIPS:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG

NOV 1:

All on track for today. [100]

NOV 2:
    No update to log, but everything else on track [99]

NOV 3:

This is not going as well as I hoped, no gym this morning, everything else tickety-bo. [98]

NOV 4:
    After what has been one of the hardest weeks of my life I ended up having a few extra shandys last night so thats another point off. Rest day from the gym today. Let's see if I can make it through today without losing another point.[98]

NOV 5:
    No walk today just too much to catch up on around the house. Everything else going ok.[97]

NOV 6:
    I can't believe I missed this update! A fantastic day food and exercise wise. [96]

NOV 7:
    Cardio done this morning, food for the day sorted so looking forward to another good day. [96]

NOV 8:
    Woke up with the start of what feels like a cold, soar throat and heady, not enough to put me off the gym, changed the workout to lower weight and higher reps and managed to make it through the session ok. Feeling very tired today, but hanging in there ;) [96]

NOV 9:
    Still feeling dodge and had to miss out on my cardio session today :(, still keeping the food down and on track. In London tonight until Saturday so wont get to do my weights in the morning, probably not a bad thing with the way I'm feeling, but I am not happy with the way this is going, oh well, in it for the long run not just the sprint :tu: [95]

NOV 10:
    Did miss my workout this morning, but starting to feel much better now so ready for next week. Food has all been good today. And all the working round London today is probably done me some good, although it hasn't done the bank balance any good at all :D [94]

NOV 11:
    Feeling much better today, this was my scheduled rest day and it was well needed. Small walk penned in for the morning and then the plan is to hit next week big stylee. [94]

NOV 12:
    Ah bloody hell, could have sworn I posted my update for this day, there goes another point. Everything else spot on. [93]

NOV 13:
    Weights this morning, food clean, jobs a good un [93]

NOV 14:
    Missed this update due to being up to my neck in it at work, but everything to plan. [92]

NOV 15:
    Clean eats all day and weights in this morning, even though everything is still TU at work. [91]

#8 misterrossi, Oct 24, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  9. Bambam07

Bambam07 Well-Known Member

I am in again- This challenge keeps me honest- I like that. Stats to follow.

====Daily reports====

Start: 100 points

[Week 1]
    01.Nov.2006: 6 Clean Meals. Trained Legs. [100 points]
    02.Nov.2006: 6 Clean Meals. Trained Back. [100 points]
    03.Nov.2006: 6 Clean Meals. Trained Chest. [100 points]
    04.Nov.2006: 5 Clean Meals, 1 Planned Cheat. [100 points]

[Week 2]
    05.Nov.2006: 6 Clean Meals. Morning LISS. [100 points]
    06.Nov.2006: 6 Clean Meals. Trained Shoulders. [100 points]
    07.Nov.2006: 6 Clean Meals. Trained Arms/Abs. [100 points]
    08.Nov.2006: 6 Clean Meals. Trained Legs. [100 points]
    09.Nov.2006: 6 Clean Meals. No training- Stupid Job. - 1 [99 Points]
    10.Nov.2006: 6 Clean Meals. Trained Chest. [99 points]
    11.Nov.2006: 6 Clean Meals. [99 Points]

[Week 3]
    12.Nov.2006: 6 Clean Meals. [99 points]
    13.Nov.2006: 6 Clean Meals. Trained Shoulders. [99 points]
    14.Nov.2006: 6 Clean Meals. Trained Arms/Abs. [99 points]
    15.Nov.2006: 6 Clean Meals. Trained Legs . [99 points]
    16.Nov.2006: 6 Clean Meals. Missed Gym. -1 [98 points]
    17.Nov.2006: 6 Clean meals. Trained Chest, no post -1 [97 points]
    18.Nov.2006: 5 Clean, 1 Cheat Meals. No post -1 [96 points]

[Week 4]
    19.Nov.2006: 6 Clean Meals. Hiking 1 hour, no post -1 [95 points]
    20.Nov.2006: 6 Clean Meals. Trained Shoulders/Arms [95 points]
    21.Nov.2006: [100 points]
    22.Nov.2006: [100 points]
    23.Nov.2006: [100 points]
    24.Nov.2006: [100 points]
    25.Nov.2006: [100 points]

[Week 5]
    26.Nov.2006: [100 points]
    27.Nov.2006: [100 points]
    28.Nov.2006: [100 points]
    29.Nov.2006: [100 points]
    30.Nov.2006: [100 points]

#9 Bambam07, Oct 24, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2006
  10. rsilvestri

rsilvestri Well-Known Member

COMMENT: Looking to beat my score from last month (80 points...16 points lost while on vacation).

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: 45 min cardio
    Tuesday: shoulders, abs, 30 minute cardio
    Wednesday: back, bi's, 30 minute cardio
    Thursday: legs
    Friday: optional workout day (45 minute cardio)
    Saturday: chest, tri's, abs 30 minute cardio
    Sunday: rest
    * Rough guide. The goal is six workouts a week in any order that works into my schedule.

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, one cheat meal per week, additional optional cheat meal per week. Alcohol permitted during cheat meal(s).

DAILY LOG
    NOV 1: -0 points [100 points]
    Eleven-One. It's the first day of the November challenge and while I feel like hitting the month hard it also happens to be the first Wednesday of the month, which for me, means poker night. I built an optional cheat meal into this month to take care of things like this as well as to get me through the holidays with a bit of sanity. I'm going to enjoy myself. Also shot a before picture this morning (something I wish I had done in the October challenge). I'll post before and after photos on 11/30. All my meals are prepared and I'm anxious to get into the gym today.

NOV 2: -1 point [99 points]
    Will be doing some schedule re-arranging this week. Basically workouts will get shifted a day making Sunday a workout day instead of a rest day. I did eat an unscheduled cheat meal today.

NOV 3: -0 points [99 points]
    The unscheduled cheat meal (yesterday) came by way of poker night Wednesday. For one, I had a few too many beers during my optional cheat meal. Then didn't get to bed until 5:00am as I made it to the final table. We started with 20 guys on three tables and combined the remaining two players from each table to make the final table. On that table I came in third. So yesterday I felt horrible and knew I couldn't perform well for my leg workout. Made it to bed by 8:30 last night and now, "I'm back in the game". All my meals for the day are prepared and I'm stoked about my leg workout today. I'm not taking a point off for my missed workout because I've shifted all my training sessions around to ensure all my workouts get in before the week ends.

Nov 4: -1 point [98 points]
    Forgot to update today. Otherwise all was okay.

Nov 5: -0 points [98 points]
    Got in an extra workout this week (today). Have been eating clean all day.

Nov 6: - 0 points [98 points]
    Weekdays make it so easy for me to stay true to diet and exercise as compared to over a weekend. All meals prepared and a 45 minute cardio workout planned for today. I'm considering switching up my schedule to workout 7 days a week but for less time per workout. Eventually I would like to be able to get two workouts in per day for a limited number of days (3 or 4) per week. ...don't feel ready for that just yet.

Nov 7: -0 points [98 points]
    Back/Bi workout today. Meals prepared and ready to eat... - great workout today. So far all meals in on time. Only two more to go!

Nov 8: -0 points [98 points]
    - Another month flying by. My abs are just starting to poke through now but I think at the rate I'm going it's going to be at least until after December before I see any real definition. I haven't been strict with my calories but have paid attention to macros, portions and ensuring every non-cheat meal is clean. It's paying off slowly but I think I'm at the point where counting calories may be necessary in order to see the same rate of fat loss I've been seeing. Thinking about looking into a digital food scale to help with this endeavor.
    - Today is a scheduled rest day and cheat lunch.

Nov 9: -0 points [98 points]
    - nothing much to report. Nice shoulder workout and all my meals are nearly complete.

Nov 10: -0 points [98 points]
    - A little bummed out today because I don't get my Friday cheat lunch. I don't because Wednesday we went out for Mexican. The silver lining is that today is leg day and legs are my favorite workout. All meals prepared and ready to eat.
    - Incredible leg workout today. There were two members of the new orleans saints in my gym today. Which is weird because the dolphins play the saints this weekend. Anyway, I didn't recognize them or get their names. Getting back to my workout, my legs almost gave out on me on the last rep of my last set. A little scary. But the rest of the workout went great. Another pretty cool thing I started noticing this week is that I'm shortening the length of time between sets. I'm doing it instinctively and it feels great. I would attribute this behavior to fact that my fitness level is rising a good bit.

Nov 11: -0 points [98 points]
    - workout complete. food clean all day. scheduled cheat meal tonight.

Nov 12: -2 points [96 points]
    - missed workout and unscheduled cheat meal.

Nov 13: -0 points [96 points]
    - Bummer about yesterday. Because both my family and my wifes are huge sometimes it's just unavoidable. It was my in-laws anniversary which meant a mandatory day at their pool followed by a lunch, parts of which, were not clean. I probably could have made it to the gym but it would have made for an even more hectic day than I had. Anyway, five intense workouts and only three cheat meals for the entire week isn't too bad for me.
    - meals are packed and I'm ready to get into the gym.
    - pretty good workout and tomorrow's food is prepared.

Nov 14: -0 points [96 points]
    - Good workout and food on target today.

Nov 15: -0 points [96 points]
    - Is it the 15th already? Going to do a leg workout today. For some reason I have a hard time doing cardio the day after a leg workout. If I do legs today and back and bi's tommorow I can do a long LISS session on Friday followed by chest and tris saturday. Rest Sunday.

Nov 16:
    - Nearly pulled my groin doing squats today. Continued on with the rest of my leg workout without incident. I think I might take a week off from doing squats to see how I feel in two weeks. All food consumed on time so far.

#10 rsilvestri, Oct 24, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  11. Grif

Grif Well-Known Member

I'm in. LONG time listener, first time caller ;) Details to follow.

GOAL - 1. Get back on track after injuries and a move to a new city. 2. Get that hip and thigh
    number back down, gulp.

WORKOUT - Giving Chad Waterbury's 10 X 3 for Fat Loss a whirl.

MEALS - 5-6 clean meals per day and eat at least one piece of fruit per day.

COMMENT - My sister will be visiting for 5 days next week so I may have to switch things around but some form of rigorous exercise (probably a lot of hiking and riding) will be completed each day.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 126.6
    ARMS: 10.5
    CALVES: 13.5
    CHEST: 32
    FOREARMS: 9.25
    HIPS: 37
    THIGHS: 21.5
    WAIST: 25.5

Nov 1st - Day 1 of 10X3FFL completed. It will take getting used to waiting around so much
    between sets but I like that I really concentrate on my form as it's only 3 reps. I think I will
    have to change to front squats instead of hack squats because either I'm doing them wrong or
    they are not designed for women with a butt. No knee pain during or after the squats, yay! Banana was the fruit of the day and all meals eaten. 100 pts

Nov 2nd - DOMS!!! :) Day 2 of 10X3FFL calls for 15 min of jump roping which my knees can't handle so I did 15 min of HIIT on the elliptical. Apple today and all meals finished for the day. 100 pts

Nov 3rd - 10X3FFL off day but went for a 2.7 mile walk which included some major San Francisco hills. Banana was the fruit of the day and all meals eaten. 100 pts

Nov 4th - Day 4 of 10X3FFL was a weight day - legs, shoulders and back. The 45 second period between sets seemed to go a little quicker today and no knee pain again during squats. All meals eaten and today's fruit of the day was both a banana and an apple. 100pts

Nov 5th - Day 5 of 10X3FFL is another off day and this time I took full advantage of it as the DOMS were back in full force. Banana was fruit of the day and all meals eaten. I'm moving my cheat day/meal to Tuesday as my sister arrives and I want to be able to take full advantage of the great food in this town while docking the least amount of points :) I'll also be moving my workouts up one day as day 7 calls for another off day. 100pts

Nov 6th - Day 6 of 10X3FFL - 11 min HIIT which substituted for jump roping. All meals eaten, apple was the fruit of the day. 100pts

Nov 7th - Day 7/8 of 10X3FFL - skipped a day off and moved up the program by a day as my sister arrived today. Weights and 11.5 minutes of HIIT were called for today, gah! Cheat meal was baked manicotti and a cupcake from Magnolia Cafe brought all the way from NY by my little sis (who's 5 inches taller than me). 100pts

Nov 8th - Day 9 of 10X3FFL 14 min HIIT. The first full day of my sister's visit was a tough one. I ate clean during the day but the timing was off and I felt hungry far too often. -1 point for another cupcake tonight. 99pts

Nov 9th - off day of 10X3FFL. Delicious day today but -2 points because of it :) My sister doesn't leave until Sat night so a few more points may be lost by then, well worth it though I'm having a great visit with her. 97pts

Nov 10th - Weights are being moved to Sunday. Today walked 7.5-8 miles with elevation change over 500 feet according to Gmaps-pedometer. 2 points off for food today. Banana has been the fruit of the day for the last 3 days, forgot to mention it in previous posts. 95pts.

Nov 11th - No workout of any sort today -1. Great visit with my sister but I'm really looking forward to getting back into a routine. Banana fruit of the day. 94pts.

Nov 12th - I can hardly move I ate such a huge dessert tonight -1 and no workout -1. 92pts.

Nov 14th - Crap, I didn't post last night! 20 minutes HIIT yesterday, all meals eaten and banana was fruit of the day. I was finally able to get back to 20 minutes HIIT after a cold that took forever to clear out of my lungs. Today weights - still doing 10X3FFL, increased weight, still no knee pain. All meals eaten and applesauce pre-workout. -1 for not posting yesterday, dammit. 91pts.

Nov 15th - 15 minutes HIIT, banana fruit of the day, all meals eaten, 91pts.

Nov 16th - Off day for 10X3FFL so I did 40 minutes of yoga. My hamstrings will be feeling it tomorrow. Banana was fruit of the day and all meals eaten. 91pts

Nov 17h - Weights. Increased squat and deadlift weight. All meals eaten, apple fruit of the day. This is the 4th night in a row I've forgotten to post and had to get up and log on and post, grrr. 91pts.

Nov 18th - 13 min fasted HIIT this morning, what a way to wake up :) Rough going after squats and deads the previous day but much better than doing it later in the afternoon when the DOMS are in full force. Cheat day today, yummy Dungeness crab, the season opened on Wednesday and they were outstanding! Banana was fruit of the day. I'm posting this before I hit the sack for a change, finally! 91pts.

Nov 19th - Off day. All meals eaten and banana being consumed as I type this, almost forgot a piece of fruit today. 91pts.

Nov 20th - I moved up the weights by a day to get back on schedule and felt really weak during and after squats but felt better once I got through with them. For the hell of it I tried some push-ups after my workout and was able to do 8. My arms were already shaking before I started them so that was a nice discovery. Meals were eaten but I think I was down on cals which might be why I felt so weak, doh. Banana fruit of the day. 91pts.

Nov 21st - 15 min fasted HIIT. Food has been a little wonky the last 2 days, clean but I don't think enough calories and so when the burrito craving hit I went with it and tortilla chips, my nemesis. -1 Banana was fruit of the day. 90pts.

Nov 22nd - Off day for 10X3FFL but I tried a Pilates for Dummies DVD. Oh my word, I have a whole new respect for my senior citizen mother who loves her Pilates. All meals eaten and banana was fruit of the day. 90pts.

Nov 23rd - 15min HIIT, not fasted wish it had been. It's late, stuck in traffic after turkey day and no overindulgence, boring. Not for lack of desire but lack of interesting food. 90pts

Nov 24th - Off day. All meals eaten and banana was fruit of the day. 90pts

Nov 25th - Bagged my workout today -1. I did walk a few miles in the San Francisco hills but I was scheduled for weights today. Food was ok, little scattered. 89pts

Nov 26th - 10X3FFL weights and 14.5 min HIIT today. Went up in all my weights. Banana was fruit of the day, all meals eaten. 89pts

Nov 27th - 16 min HIIT this morning. All meals eaten and banana was fruit of the day. I really need to expand my fruit selection. 89pts

Nov 28th - Off day from 10X3FFL. All meals eaten. 89pts

Nov 29th - Last weight day of 10X3FFL. I won't miss the HIIT blast he has you do after weight day, crikey! 15min HIIT today. Not sure what I did to my neck but I strained something, almost like I slept on it funny but I woke up fine. All meals eaten and once again banana was fruit of the day. 89pts

Nov 30th - 17 min HIIT last day of 10X3FFL. We'll see what the scale and tape measure say tomorrow morning. All meals eaten and banana once again. 89pts.

#11 Grif, Oct 24, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2006
  12. Kevinp

Kevinp Well-Known Member

I'm in for another month.

Even though my October Challenge was a disaster with a fractured/sprained/dislocated ankle I still lost eight pounds. :) Read about my trying month here: http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showpost.php?p=375761&postcount=28

Although I had to deduct a bunch of points and fell off the wagon at the end with posting, etc. I am still down so I'm happy with that result. Like John said in his summary post for the October Challenge I can't be embarrassed or discouraged. I know I can do better in November.

Goals: Doing better at sticking with this than I did in October, eating clean, increasing my activity, and hopefully losing a few more pounds.

Things I did well in October that I hope to continue in November:
    No fast-food. I'm on the road all the time so drive-thru was a way of life
    No alcohol
    No soda. Not even diet.
    Black coffee only. No more cream and sugar.
    Daily multi-vitamin
    Daily supplements

Thanksgiving will be my cheat day

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    See the note about my ankle. I now have an aircast which severely limits my cardio options.

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Five or Six small meals per day, one cheat meal per week. Everything I eat will be tracked in my food journal.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 174 pounds
    BODY FAT: Don't know. Will have to get tested at the gym.
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

NOV 1: Just got in from a day trip to NYC. I'm absolutely spent so I'll post more tomorrow.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV 2: Ate clean and updated this post with some history. -0 points [100 points]

NOV 3: Ate lunch out with clients and dinner out with family. Still ate healthy with salads. -0 points [100 points]

NOV 4: Still on track. Still sore and it is going on four weeks. See the physical therapist on Monday about my ankle. -0 points [100 points]

NOV 5: Ate a slice of pizza but still within my daily max cals. -0 points [100 points]

NOV 6: Still behaving. -0 points [100 points]

Nov 7: One week down and still on track. Spent a few hours in my small brace instead of the full aircast. -0 points [100 points]

Nov 8: On the road with my boss all day today. Ate salad for lunch and dinner. -0 points [100 points]

Nov 9: Gorgeous, unseasonably warm day. I would have loved to go for a run, but settled for a few hours in my small brace instead of the aircast. Still eating sensibly. -0 points [100 points]

NOV 10: Still behaving. -0 points [100 points]

NOV 11: Spoke too soon. I need to subtract a few points for coffee with cream and sugar and pizza. -2 points [98 points]

NOV 13: Thought I posted yesterday. What a stupid way to lose a point. Also ate some candy today. That's another. -2 points [96 points]

NOV 14: I was mostly at my desk, but went the whole day with just my small ankle splint instead of the giant aircast. It has been uncomfortable, but a milestone. -0 points [96 points]

#12 Kevinp, Oct 24, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2006
  13. kaylov

kaylov Active Member

COMMENT:
    I have been on SGX since February 1st 2006 and is really happy with the result - October to
    December will be dedicated adding mass - lots of mass hopefully. The first month (October)
    was not very succesful as I did far too much cardio - I will reduce that in November and see
    where that takes me.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE

Monday:
    Brisk walk outside, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
    Weight training: arms and shoulders (PM)

Tuesday:
    No training, no cardio

Wednesday:
    No training

Thursday:
    Weight training: back, abs and traps (PM)

Friday:
    Weight training: chest and arms (PM)

Saturday:
    No training

Sunday:
    Weight training: legs (PM)

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, one moderate cheat day per week.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 151 Lbs
    BODY FAT: ~8%
    ARMS: 13.6"
    CALVES: 13.5"
    CHEST: 39.50"
    FOREARMS: 10.7"
    HIPS: 34.50"
    THIGHS: 19.6"
    WAIST: 30.4"

END STATS
    WEIGHT: 153 Lbs
    BODY FAT: ~ 8%
    ARMS: 13.6"
    CALVES: 13.6"
    CHEST: 39.9"
    FOREARMS: 11.5"
    HIPS: 35.5"
    THIGHS: 20.0"
    WAIST: 30.5"

(Stats are cold, no pump)

DAILY LOG

November 1: Morning cardio @ 40 minutes; no weight training today; 6 clean meals on time.
    -0 points [100 points]

November 2: No cardio today; great back and abs workout - same weight as last week but slower and more reps of each set; 6 clean meals on time and a PWO shake;
    -0 points [100 points]

November 3: No cardio today; really solid chest and arms workout - increased weight slightly or reps on most excercises; 6 clean meals on time and a PWO shake;
    -0 points [100 points]

November 4: No cardio today; no weight training today; 6 clean meals on time; pretty easy day although in a meeting pretty much all the time.
    -0 points [100 points]

November 5: No cardio (again) today; great leg day - really hit my legs hard - in fact I could hardly walk back from the gym; 6 clean meals on time and a PWO shake;
    -0 points [100 points]

November 6: No cardio (again) today; really solid shoulder and arms workout, I managed to increase weight on my shoulder excercise and the rest like last week - but with a slight increase in reps; 6 clean meals on time and a PWO shake;
    -0 points [100 points]

November 7: 45 minutes brisk walk, fasted; no weight training today; 6 clean meals on time and cheat around 5th meal;
    -0 points [100 points]

November 8: No cardio today although I was suppose to - but due to some commitment tomorrow I shuffled the days; excellent back and abs session today - increased reps on abs; 6 clean meals on time and a nice PWO shake;
    -0 points [100 points]

November 9: 45 minutes brisk walk, fasted; No weight traning today; 6 clean meals on time;
    -0 points [100 points]

November 10: No cardio; good chest and arms session, I replaced one arm excercise and went heavy on all ohters, also managed to increase reps on one excercise; 6 clean meals on time and a PWO shake;
    -0 points [100 points]

November 11: Morning cardio @ 40 minutes; no weight training today; 6 clean meals on time.
    -0 points [100 points]

November 12: no cardio; great leg day, increased reps on two excercises and weight on one; 6 clean meals on time and a PWO shake.
    -0 points [100 points]

November 13: Shifting plans today as I have a commitment tonight - so have moved training to Wednesday; Morning cardio @ 40 minutes; no weight training today; 6 clean meals on time.
    -0 points [100 points]

November 14: Morning cardio @ 40 minutes; no weight training today; 6 clean meals on time and cheat around meal 5.
    -0 points [100 points]

November 15: (Making up from 13th) No cardio today; an awesome shoulders and arms workout - I used the heaviest weights I have ever used on all excercises and then cut the resting period between sets and excercises dramatically and as a result I am exhaused - in fact I am having trouble typing this; 6 clean meals and a PWO shake all on time;
    -0 points [100 points]

November 16: No cardio today; a solid back and abs workout - I used the heaviest weights I have ever used on all excercises, in fact I even managed to increase weight on one excercise by 10% and then cut the resting period between sets and excercises dramatically; 6 clean meals and a PWO shake all on time;
    -0 points [100 points]

November 17: No cardio today; great chest and arms session - added weight and a set to one excercise and as heavy as I could on all others; 6 clean meals and a PWO shake all on time;
    -0 points [100 points]

November 18: 45 minutes brisk walk; no weight training; 6 clean meals on time;
    -0 points [100 points]

November 19: No cardio today; solid leg workout - increased weights on one excercise and the rest same as last week; 6 clean meals and a PWO on time;
    -0 points [100 points]

November 20: No cardio today; good shoulder and arms workout - got help from the gym owner so got worked up pretty good, 6 clean meals on time and a PWO shake.
    -0 points [100 points]

November 21: 45 minutes brisk walk; no weight training; 6 clean meals on time and cheat around 5th meal as usual;
    -0 points [100 points]

November 22: 45 minutes brisk walk; no weight training; 6 clean meals on time;
    -0 points [100 points]

November 23: No cardio; good solid back and abs session - increaased reps on my abs and weight on one back excercise; 6 clean meals on time and a PWO;
    -0 points [100 points]

November 24: No cardio; great chest and arms session - increaased reps on my arms and added a set on two excercises; 6 clean meals on time and a PWO;
    -0 points [100 points]

November 25: 45 minutes brisk walk; no weight training; 6 clean meals on time;
    -0 points [100 points]

November 26: No cardio; best ever leg session, increased weights on 3 of 5 excercises; 6 clean meals on time and a straberry PWO for a change - not bad actually;
    -0 points [100 points]

November 27: No cardio; really solid shoulders and arms session, managed to add another set to 2 excercises; 6 clean meals on time;
    -0 points [100 points]

November 28: 45 min. brisk walk, fasted; no weight training today; 6 clean meals on time and cheat around 5th meal;
    -0 points [100 points]

November 29: 45 min. brisk walk, fasted; no weight training today; 6 clean meals on time;
    -0 points [100 points]

November 30: No cardio; great back and abs session, increased with a set on most excercises, kept weight heavy; 6 clean meals on time and a PWO shake;
    -0 points [100 points]

Conclusion
    My slow bulk is indeed slow - I gained ±2kg the past month - but I did not increase my BF% which is a good feeling - although the price is ofcourse extreamely slow growth. I added size to my chest, forearms and thighs - the rest was close to par.

Anyway - on to another month..

#13 kaylov, Oct 25, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2006
  14. webwide

webwide Well-Known Member

I'm in!

I'm using this as extra motivation for getting back into the flow and finishing up what I started last year.

GOAL: Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle

COMMENT: Main target is weight loss and losing an inch or two in the midsection - plus just getting back into the groove

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: 1 Heavy set, push exercises
    Tuesday: 1 Heavy set, pull exercises
    Wednesday: Rest day
    Thursday: 2 Medium sets, push exercises
    Friday: 2 Medium sets, pull exercises
    Saturday: cardio (optional)
    Sunday: break day

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, one cheat meal per week. (BFFM model - 50% carbs 30% protein 20% fat)

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 237 pounds
    BODY FAT: 31%
    ARMS: 15" flexed
    WAIST: 47" relaxed

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG
    OCT 31: OK, got a day's head start - did the upper body and almost hit my target calories - and a head cold has hit me! Taking sudafed and fighting through.....
    NOV 1: Still waiting on my used recumbent cardio bike, did some crunches and other assorted ex's - actually managed to hit my caloric target today! Like SpecialK I am fighting a head cold - took off early today and picked up a plate rack and a triceps rope from a used sporting goods store. :) Shakin' it off!
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 2: Looks like the bike will get here on Sunday - did calves, triceps, biceps, lower back, crunches - ate all 6 meals, still tweaking the planning to hit the target better for the day
    -0 points [100 points]
    NOV 3: SHIT! Forgot to update last night while I was looking at this. Damn. Does posting before 7am mountain time count? OK, Hit my meal/caloric targets, went to the community weight room (for the first time - we've lived here 16 months) since they have bikes. Did *almost* 30 minutes on a recumbent - was experimenting with settings, position, etc. Kept my heart rate at around 125.
    -1 point [99 points]
    NOV 4: OK, not forgetting my update today! Did upper body, hit my calorie targets, 6 meals.
    -0 points [99 points]
    NOV 5: Officially a cheat day - still ate pretty clean, just didn't track details - had some minor cardio as well :)
    -0 points [99 points]
    NOV 6: Hit my caloric targets to within 30 calories or so - switched workout to high weight, low rep plan - did all the 'pull' type exercises - tomorrow is 'push 'day!
    -0 points [99 points]
    NOV 7: On target for caloric target - did 'push' exercises
    -0 points [99 points]
    NOV 8: Hit targets - food and exercise
    -0 points [99 points]
    NOV 9: Hit targets - screwed up and did a 'heavy' workout instead of light - oh well :)
    -0 points [99 points]
    NOV 10: Bad day - holiday weekend, no work on Friday - did not eat 6 small meals - did not exercise
    -2 points [97 points]
    NOV 11: Hit targets - did 'light' workout - 2 sets instead of 1
    -0 points [97 points]
    NOV 12: Cheat day - could not post - internet out
    -0 points [97 points]
    NOV 13: Hit all meal targets - heavy workout 'pull' day
    -0 points [97 points]
    NOV 14: Hit all meal targets - heavy workout 'push' day
    -0 points [97 points]

MISSED A DAY POSTING SOMEWHERE??? WTF?
    -1 point [96 points]
    WE'RE AT THE HALFWAY POINT FOLKS!!!

NOV 16: Hit targets - light workout 'pull' day
    -0 points [96 points]
    NOV 17: Hit targets - light workout 'push' day
    -0 points [96 points]
    NOV 18: Hit caloric targets - no workout scheduled
    -0 points [96 points]
    NOV 19: Generally stayed close to caloric targets, even though it's a 'cheat' day - no workout scheduled
    -0 points [96 points]
    NOV 20: Hit targets, heavy workout 'pull' day - moved weights and reps up a bit
    -0 points [96 points]
    NOV 21: Hit caloric targets, heavy workout 'push' day - added some bike cardio
    -0 points [96 points]
    NOV 22: 6 meals, no workout - here comes the Turduchen!
    -0 points [96 points]
    NOV 23: Thanksgiving day - obviously a cheat day for the week, replacing Sunday - did not do a workout.....
    -1 point [95 points]
    NOV 24: ate leftovers, didn't work out, posted late
    -3 points [92 points]
    NOV 25: Hit targets, no workout scheduled
    -0 points [92 points]
    NOV 26: Hit targets, no workout scheduled
    -1 point [91 points]
    NOV 27: Missed meal and workout targets
    -2 points [89 points]
    NOV 28: Hit targets - heavy workout - 'push' day (plus did a few sets I should have done the day before) - posted late
    -1 point [88 points]
    NOV 29: Hit targets - no workout scheduled - posted late
    -1 point [87 points]
    NOV 30: Hit targets - light workout - 'pull' day
    -0 points [87 points]

IT'S OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#14 webwide, Oct 25, 2006
  15. unionordeath

unionordeath Well-Known Member

GOAL: Cutting + improvement to overall fitness

COMMENT: I started my first real cut a week and a half ago. I've lost weight in the past, but it was mostly me starving myself. This time I'm going to do it right by eating clean and exercising every day. Right now I'm monitoring my 2400 cal diet to see if it's too much/too little. Time will tell, but I will keep consistent nonetheless.

WORKOUTS:
    Monday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) A.M. ; Chest/Triceps P.M.
    Tuesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) A.M.
    Wednesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) A.M. ; Back/Biceps P.M.
    Thursday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) A.M.
    Friday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) A.M. ; Legs/Shoulders P.M.
    Saturday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) A.M.
    Sunday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) A.M.

MEALS: 5 solid meals, 1 PWO shake on weight lifting days. (cardio days to be updated with plan tomorrow). No cheat meals.

NOV.01.06: Woke up an hour late, but still got all my meals and my workout in. During my hammer curls, I felt a very sharp pain in my wrist and could only do 1 1/2 sets. The pain disappeared completely later in the day :confused:
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV.02.06: Workout and meals went according to plan. It's nearing two weeks of being on this cut and I'm not noticing much change on the scale. I've decided as of Monday I'm going to do 7 days of fasted cardio in the AM and weights in the PM on lifting days. I'm also going to reduce 200 cals from my diet down to 2200 and be much more strict in measuring my portions correctly.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV.03.06: Had a great leg and shoulder workout today. All meals went according to plan.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV.04.06: Did my morning cardio and ate all meals as planned. Went bowling with some friends tonight. Now I remember why I don't bowl. I really suck at it. Had fun at least. Tomorrow I'm going to update my meal plan and post my new workout schedule.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV.05.06: Updated my routine to include 7 total days of morning fasted cardio. I partially updated my diet plan to accomodate for this, I have weight lifting days covered, but not cardio only days covered. So for tomorrow my plan will work. But on cardio-only days I have to add another meal in place of my PWO drink I've been taking and reduce some calories in other meals. I will do this tomorrow. Today, however, everything went as planned.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV.06.06: Wicked chest workout this afternoon! Made some good strength gains since last week. I also did my first day of morning cardio with afternoon weight lifting, and I must say, my energy levels are actually higher than they were last week! I think tweaking my diet also played a major factor in this, as I stopped drinking PWO shake after LISS, as well as some other dietary changes; mainly I reduced portion sizes to cut back calories down to 2100-2200, with a slight reduction from carbs and fats. It looks like I'm finally on the right track, and I hope to see some real progress soon.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV.07.06: Fought real hard to stay on schedule today, due to being delayed in the A.M. right from the get-go. Which was acceptable only because I had an unscheduled form of exercise when I woke up this morning :D I think I should get positive points for this ;). I worked around it very successfully, got my cardio done and ate all meals as planned.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV.08.06: Everything went great today. Morning cardio went great. Afternoon lifting session was even better. Added weight to most of my lifts, especially my lower and upperback exercises. Speaking of which, I bought more weights today, since soon I will need them. 40's, 45's and 50's @ 48 cents a pound Canadian. Had to travel a little bit to get that price, but I saved myself a bit of money in doing so. On another note, I feel pretty proud of myself for sticking to this plan so religiously. My persistence and subbornness are having a postive influence on some of those around me. My girlfriend and my mother are asking me for nutritional advice, and my best buddy came over tonight to do a back workout he missed at his school gym earlier in the day. Anyhow, time to sleep. Tomorrow is another day.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV.09.06: Woke up, did my morning cardio, ate, prepared some meals for the next few days, ate again, then I went ice skating for an hour and a half! My buddy and I got to the arena at noon for a 'fun skate' and found that we were the only ones there for the first hour. We had the whole rink to ourselves to practice on! One of my big goals this year is to drastically improve my skating techniques so I can participate in a recreational summer hockey league with two of my close friends. I'm just starting to learn and grasp stopping techniques, and it's very exciting. I plan on going every week to practice, and will be taking evening lessons sometime in January. Even more exciting news today came to me when I found out I have a job interview at the big local union next week as an apprentice industrial electrician.. I've been dying to get into this for my second year in a row now, as unfortunately last year I never even made it to the interview stage. I have no doubt in my mind that I'll get accepted :D. Other than that, today I'm tired. My legs are getting sore from the lack of rest, but I'll get used to it. The mirror has also been unkind to me, but it'll get better. The weight scale has been lying to me, so I threw it out the window. But really, I better start seeing some better results or I'll go batty. All meals as planned.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV.10.06: Bad mood today, don't know why. Cardio went well. Legs/Shoulders was a good workout later in the afternoon. All meals as planned.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV.11.06: Damn I feel drained today. I think working out 10 times a week is sapping my energy. Ah well. I'm going to work even harder now until I break. And when I break, I'll kick my arse even more. Cardio + all meals = on track.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV.12.06: All according to plan. Onto week number four.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV.13.06: Did Chest/Tri's tonight pretty stupidly. I added more weight and tried to do the same volume, and I wasn't ready for it yet. I tried hard to squeeze out the last few reps, almost dropping the dumbell on my torso when I couldn't get the final one up. I managed to slow it down enough that there was a very light impact, but if the weight was any heavier it could have been disastrous. Still, I did not learn my lesson, and did the same stupid thing with the next chest exercise, the dumbell fly. Almost happened again, instead though, I managed to twist my left arm awkwardly bringing it from a fly to raised position, losing control at the top, and then fighting to not allow my arms to split off in varying directions. I could have easily injured my left arm with that one. Next time I won't jump the gun. It was still a good workout, however. On another note, my knees are feeling some discomfort. I'm unsure if its due to my DB SLDL's or the non-stop morning cardio on the recumbant bike wreaking havoc. I'll keep up with both, however, because I'm stubborn that way.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV.14.06: All according to plan. Early night tonight, early morning tomorrow.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV.15.06: Had to get up 2 hours earlier this morning so I could get a cardio workout in before my job interview. Later in the afternoon I did back/biceps. All of my sets felt great, but I have a feeling I'm not doing the "Prone Reverse Fly" right. It feels like it's not targetting my back much at all. Also, the pain in my knees have mostly disappeared. It sort of felt like my knees were locked into place when doing things like descending stairs or walking in general, and that's where most of the discomfort came from. I hope it doesn't resurface anytime soon.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV.16.06: Did my 45 minute cardio this morning. A few hours later, I went to a local ice rink with a buddy and yet again practiced stopping for about an hour and a half. I think I'm progressing pretty quickly now that I'm dedicated to learning this new skill. In two sessions I have gone from not being able to come to a complete stop -- to being able to do a "one footed snow-plow stop" pretty well. I ultimately want to be able to do the "hockey stop" as easily as I breathe oxygen. Got all my meals in, just barely however. Also, I need to start eating more vegetation.
    -0 points [100 points]

NOV.17.06: I went and saw a movie with my better half this evening, so instead of eating a good meal I grabbed a bag of popcorn and a slushee. Looks like I'm going to deduct my first point tonight. I really should allow for 1-2 cheat meals a month, but I think if I do I might abuse it. Last thing I want to do is to fall off the wagon here. Cardio + legs/shoulders were good today. Although my right knee feels weird again, but not really painful. Just sort of a discomforting feeling.
    -1 points [99 points]

NOV.18.06: Standing in line for a Wii super early tomorrow. Expect loss of points.
    -0 points [99 points]

NOV.19.06: So I waited in line for about 8 hours total, and got myself two consoles. One which is a christmas gift, the other which will be sold to pay for the christmas gift. I'm going to count the standing in line for 8 hours in the freezing wind as exercise (had to jump around a lot to stay warm :P ) because my legs are freaking killing me. Food wise, as you can imagine, wasn't very pretty. I missed two meals today mostly due to the standing in line so early without preparing meals, and also to the afternoon nap I had when I got home from only sleeping for 2 hours. No more screwing up this month!
    -2 points [97 points]

NOV.20.06: Back on schedule today.
    -0 points [97 points]

NOV.21.06: Meals and workout were dead on the money today.
    -0 points [97 points]

NOV.22.06: Good back/bicep workout. Slept in by an hour, and now I'm up an hour past my bedtime. Got all 6 meals in. Signed up for skating lessons starting in January. I'm still going every Thursday to the arena to practice with a buddy. Must learn to skate well.
    -0 points [97 points]

NOV.23.06: I'm making excellent progress on the ice. I'm feeling more confident on skates, and I can stop with ease on the ice. I can't do a quick power-stop/hockey-stop yet, but I'll keep practicing. I'm just amazed I can stop now, and at how easy it was to learn. My forward crossovers are a little dicey, and my backwards skating is more like backasswards sliding (when I fall). I booked lessons starting in January. All in all, I must have sweated several buckets of liquid starting from the early morning cardio to mid-afternoon ice practice. I love Thursdays.
    -0 points [97 points]

NOV.24.06: All according to plan.
    -0 points [97 points]

NOV.25.06: Well, it all started off wrong. I woke up at my normal time, decided my legs needed to recover from the ass kicking I gave them the night before, and skipped my morning cardio workout. Now, I'm going to be fair to myself and let this one go, because I have been psychotically doing cardio every morning, and a day of rest was needed. Then I packed some meals to go and headed over to my girlfriend's house. She was baking shortbread cookies for christmas. I had a couple. One of my prepared meals tasted pretty nasty, so I never finished it. It probably evens out calorie wise, but (-1) point at least for the cheat/skip. My spirits were lifted, however, when my mother phoned me to let me know I received a letter and that she had taken the liberty to open it for me. I got accepted into my pre-apprenticeship industrial electrician program. Woohoo! Now I wait some more until they tell me when to start. This is all great news. It seems like I'm actually doing something right in my life for a change, and that luck is swaying in my favour. I'm happier, healthier and loving life more with every passing day. So I feel a little less guilty about what I did tonight, but I definately don't want it to become a trend. Life's too short to make excuses.
    -1 points [96 points]

NOV.26.06: Awesome cardio session this morning. Even better 2 hour road hockey game later in the evening. All the running around really whooped me, but I feel great. All meals as expected.
    -0 points [96 points]

NOV.27.06: Cardio workout was solid this morning. Added some more weight to my chest exercises today. I need to focus on improving my form, however. December is nearly here and its still so warm outside. Unbelievable.
    -0 points [96 points]

NOV.28.06: 100% on target.
    -0 points [96 points]

NOV.29.06: Good workouts today. All meals as expected.
    -0 points [96 points]

NOV.30.06: I missed my early morning cardio session this morning on the exercise bike, but only because I knew I had a skating practice scheduled for myself. So I pushed my body to a heart pumping rate and sweated my way around the ice for an hour and a half. All meals went as planned.
    -0 points [96 points]

FINAL SCORE: 96 Points

FINAL COMMENT: I think I did pretty well for my first challenge, and I'm proud of myself for making it this far and staying focussed. It's only been 5 1/2 weeks since I've started my lifestyle changes, and I can honestly say that it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. The hardest part was getting started. Notes for next month, however, are to stay on task with my morning cardio and stop letting it slide. All in all, good month with a little room for improvement.

#15 unionordeath, Oct 25, 2006
  16. bigguns

bigguns Well-Known Member

GOAL: Fat Loss and more....

COMMENT: The Orlando Predators are having an open tryout on Dec 9th. I plan on spending the next six and half weeks working my ass off to be ready for the big day. I would love to be 260lbs with around 20-25% body fat. Right now I am 278 and about 30%.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Biceps/Triceps...Stationary Bike
    Tuesday: 5k Run
    Wednesday: Chest/Abs
    Thursday: Stationary Bike High Impact
    Friday: Delts/Traps/Back
    Saturday: Legs
    Sunday: Stationary Low Impact

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Eat all scheduled meals. One cheat meal a week. No alcohol or soda.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT:276
    BODY FAT:25%
    ARMS:15"
    CALVES:16"
    CHEST:48"
    FOREARMS:11.5"
    HIPS:41"
    THIGHS:25"
    WAIST:48"

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG
    NOV 1: All meals consumed with no unplanned meals...getting on the stationary right now to do my cardio and I am done for today. Measurements to come tomorrow and maybe a pic. (100 points)

NOV 2: So far so good...just finished up my weight training and I feel great. Gonna run some sprints tomorrow...should be fun. I got on here a little late for the update (stupid guitar hero) -1 (99 Points)

NOV 3: OMG I so did not want to do my cardio tonight. I forced myself and had the best cardio workout since I started this journey. This game is more mental than physical. I ate all six meals and I feel great. (99 points)

NOV 4: Daughter was sick and I fell asleep with her....No workout or update -2 (97 points)

NOV 5: Had an awesome run this morning and I am at 273lbs a new low on my journey. I plan on hitting the weights after this update. Gotta get my tooth pulled tomorrow so I should be in a great mood. Had Red Lobster tonight as my cheat meal....endless shrimp rocks!!! (97 points)

NOV 6: Daughter is still sick...got my tooth pulled today so I felt like crap all day. Hitting the weights right now. Ate all my meals today even though there is a crater in my gums. (97 points)

NOV 7: All meals consumed....I feel like crap and my weight is at a plateau..hopefully my measurements are changing instead. Cardio Done...Back to playing Gears of War (97 points)

NOV 8: Tough day at work...13 hours in a computer store...alone. Meals...check...workout...check..the update is a little late but my daughter is still sick and the wife is pregnant so its a little difficult to squeeze everything in hence why I am updating at 2:30AM...maybe next month one of my goals will be for me to go to bed before 12...(97 points)

NOV 9: So the soon to be wife that is pregnant wanted a double cheeseburger from mickey d's. I found out the McRib is back and its my all time favorite.....so I had one....oh well all other meals went fine and I am about to workout. Moving Sucks.... -1 for McRib love (96 points)

NOV 10: All meals consumed....Just finished the workout and I feel great...unfortunately I have to move this Sunday so that feeling wont last for long.....(96 points)

#16 bigguns, Oct 26, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2006
  17. BigBlackTurtle

BigBlackTurtle Well-Known Member

I've been wanting to try this for the past few months but haven't....so I'll try this month.

Goal-Cutting
    w-200

Mon-Chest/Arms
    Tues- 45 min. cardio
    Wed- Back/Shoulders
    Thrus- 45 min. cardio
    Fri- Legs/abs
    Sat- 45 min cardio
    Sun- off

5meals a day

Nov 1. log- Lifted and on track for meals.
    100 pts.

Nov.2- unscheduled cheat meal, but did cardio. -1
    99 pts.

Nov. 3- Missed workout. Ate meals.-1
    98 pts.

Nov. 4 -Missed cardio again. -1
    97pts

Nov. 5 Rest day and cheat meal
    97pts

Nov6 Missed lift but ate meals -1
    96 pts

Nov 7 Meals and cardio
    96 pts.

Nov. 8 Ate all meals and lifted
    96 pts.

Nov 9- Ate meals and cardio

Nov 10- Ate meals missed lifting -1
    95 pts.

Nov. 11- Did cardio ate meals
    95 pts.
    Nov. 12 Rest day

Nov. 13 lifted but cheat fay for panthers MNF. -1
    94pts.

Nov 14 Cardio and ate meals
    94pts

Nov 15 Lifted and ate properly
    94pts

Nov 16 Missed cardio but ate right -1pt
    93pts

Nov 17 Missed lifting but ate well -1pt
    92 pts

Nov 18 Missed cardio and ate badly -4pts
    88pts

Nov 19 rest day

Nov 20 Lifted and ate well
    88pts

Nov 21 started hiit instead of Liss and ate well
    88pts

Nov 22 Lifted and ate well
    88 pts

Nov 23rd Turkery day and missed cardio -1 pts
    87 pts

Nov 24 Ate well and lifted
    87 pts

#17 BigBlackTurtle, Oct 26, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2006
  18. HyPe

HyPe Well-Known Member

COMMENT: Starting creatine Nov 1st (just in time for 100 points challenge), first cycle (plan to be 8 week cycle) - weight training seriously for 11 months or so. 19 years old.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Sunday: Quads, Calves, Traps
    Monday: Chest / Triceps
    Tuesday: Cardio
    Wednesday: Back / Biceps
    Thursday: Shoulders / Hamstrings
    Friday: Cardio
    Saturday: Cardio

MEAL SCHEDULE
    At least six meals per day (aim for 7 on workout days), Allocated cheat meal/day/alcohol for month on one day of weekend of 17th of November (will be first time drinking in 9 weeks) - celebrating finishing uni exams.

DAILY LOG
    Nov 1: Good start. Back / Biceps great workout. First day of creatine. Weighed in at 81.15kg yesterday, hoping to get to 83 by end of month
    -0 points [100 points]

Nov 2: Feeling pretty good about this challenge so far. I think the toughest challenge for me will be not missing a cardio workout. I haven't missed a weights workout in a long time and i doubt that will start anytime soon (love it). Hopefully my love for cardio will come back soon, but ever since being injured in rugby this year all i wanted to do was stop the cardio and pack on some mean pounds. Today was Shoulders / Hammies. Felt a little lethargic working out, took awhile to get into the workout, but nevertheless i still completed a tough day, after a sore body from yesterdays workout. Today my diet was pretty good, which i often struggle to maintain during studying for these exams (2 more weeks). So thats it for 2 days now, let the body recover and keep up teh cardio. back tomorrow
    -0 points [100 points]

Nov 3: Diet was really good today, however i think i jinxed myself in the post last night. I said cardio would be the most difficult thing for me to keep up as i hate it and love doing weights / playing sport, but hate just doing cardio for no purpose. So today what did i do, missed my cardio session. Really dissapointed as i thought so many times today shit im gonna lose a point shit shit, go for a run go for a run, but i couldn't do it because i was to 'busy' doing study. I should have found 30mins - 1 hr to do a run today. Really let myself down. Will try my best not to do it again, but once again, cardio is my biggest enemy and that is whats gonna cost me in this challenege. Also last night completed a new mile stone for me which i was pretty happy with for someone my age who used to binge drink once 2 weeks or so. I haven't had a binge drink in 7 weeks, infact no alcohol for 7 weeks. Hopefully i can carry this on and my weights will keep going up (and cardio)
    -1 points [99 points]

#18 HyPe, Oct 26, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2006
  19. floky

floky Active Member

floky's official November 100 challenge

====Goals====
    Fat loss - Third month of transformation (try to lose additional 2-4 kg)
    NO ALCOHOL :nono:
    Try to keep it above 90 points.

====Comments====
    I'm in for another month!
    My result in fat loss after two months of transformation is beyond all expectations. I dropped from 99kg to 88kg which is a lot more then I expected. My wife thinks it is too fast. Maybe she's right but generally I didn't fell like I need more food (except few times). I think the fact I managed to stick to the regular training session helped me a lot together with reaching my NO ALCOHOL goal. I really cannot remember the time I was without alcohol for such long period. Maybe in high school :)
    Last training in October made me think of introducing HIIT cardio once per week so I'm going to try it. If I find out it's still too much for me, I'm going to drop it. I'm also going to increase the LISS from 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
    Let's start!

====Diet====
    5 meals per day, no cheat meals

Breakfast (8 AM): Protein shake
    Morning snack (11 AM): Fruits
    Lunch (2 PM): Normal lunch
    Afternoon snack (5 PM): Sallad or Fruits or Protein shake
    Dinner (8 PM): Family dinner

====Workout====
    Wednesday: Weight training - abs & back, Streching (30min)
    Thursday: Streching (30min), LISS cardio (45min running)
    Friday: Weight training - arms & chest, Streching (30min)
    Saturday: Streching (30min), HIIT cardio (20-30min stationary bike or stepper)
    Sunday: Rest - no training
    Monday: Weight training - legs & shulders, Streching (30min)
    Tuesday: Streching (30min), LISS cardio (45min running)

================
    STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 88 kg
    BODY FAT: 26
    CHEST: 105
    HIPS: 101
    WAIST: 100

====Daily reports====

Start: 100 points

[Week 1]
    01.Nov.2006: [100 points]
    First day is 'by tradition' cheat day. I celebrated good result with a beer and chips and I didn't make my weight lifting training (instead I was watching European champions league match between Arsenal and CSKA like in 'good old times' :) ). It was also national holiday in Croatia so I didn't go to work... it was almost like sunday. I keep my 100 points like I did in October (planned celebration day). Everything starts again on Thursday.

02.Nov.2006: [100 points]
    For the first time I had an opportunity to do my cardio on the stadium. This was great chance to measure the time since the distance is known exactly. So I decided to try my best and was surprised with the result. I feel I have lot of reserves especialy when I gain the fat loss goal. Will not stop with weight loss before I drop below 80kg. Food was OK and on time, only lunch was slightly poor in quantity (maybe?)...

03.Nov.2006: [100 points]
    This Friday was kind of tricky. I was not feeling very well during almost whole day. I was week, low on energy, not very motivated on the work, in one workd: miserable. During afternoon I had big trouble with food: I was constantly hungry although I had very good lunch (better then any in last few days). Then I did my weight training and since then everything is OK. I had very nice dinner and spent fantastic evening with my family. Anyway, I made it through without losing a point. Saturday looks much better now and I'm looking forward to another running session on the stadium...

04.Nov.2006: [96 points]
    Saturday night with lot of friends in the house + my wife's delicious dinner and a glass of vine = -4 points for me. Since I already had my 'celebration beer' last wednesday, there are no excuses. Morning cardio session was again perfect so were meals during the day. Now I feel like I gained back around 2-3 kg, but I suppose this is not true. I'll check it out tomorrow.

05.Nov.2006: [96 points]
    Nothing special on my rest day.

[Week 2]
    06.Nov.2006: [96 points]
    This was very hard day. I was in the office for a whole day, having lot of meetings and babysitting one business partner from abroad. And immediately when I got back home I had to do my workout. I feel my left shoulder is strained but I don't think it has anything to do with the training. This part of the year is the most stressful one and since I'm under lot of pressure these days this is probably a physical reaction. Anyway, I ate clean for a whole day and my workout was good so I stick to my points. Tuesday is cardio day and I'm looking forward for another nice running session.

07.Nov.2006: [96 points]
    I had really good training today. It looks like I'll become addicted to this. For a whole day I felt miserable but after I did my run the situation changed for 180 degrees. For the first time I tried to do HIIT (well, sort of) and it was really hard. I did 5 series of 15-20 sec uphill sprint followed by 2.5 minutes of 'normal' run. Before and after that I did 10 minutes of slow running. In total, something around 30-35 minutes. I'll try to repeat this session next week to see if I can really handle it.
    Ate clean all day long so I keep my remaining points.

08.Nov.2006: [96 points]
    Nothing to underline. Normal day. Ate clean, did my workout, will keep all points.

09.Nov.2006: [96 points]
    This was a good day. I left the office before noon and spent all day on the fair (international fair of books and teaching aids). Had great lunch at the restaurant, ate fruits in between. Training was good, but hard, I had some trouble to do my run with the same pace as usual. Dinner was also very good so I stick to my remaining points.

10.Nov.2006: [96 points]
    Another good day. Training was perfect so were meals. I purchased new food supplement with the idea to start using it instead of dinner, but my wife made perfect pasta so I decided to postpone it for Saturday. My current weight is 87kg whicg is 1 kg less then at the beginning of the month which is good. It's going slower now but this was expected. I will be satisfied if I finish this month's challenge on 85 kg. This weight (85 kg) was my 'dream weight' for a long time. When I look at the mirror today, when I'm close to this goal, I realize that just now I'm really fat. 2.5 months ago, when I had almost 100kg I was not fat, I was _extremly_ fat. I cannot even look at my starting pictures anymore. Bljak... :(
    So, it looks that I'm ready to set up my first real goal for fat loss phase -> to drop below 80 kg. When I reach this goal I will decide about next step: either to continue with fat loss program or to start something else.

11.Nov.2006: [95 points]
    Cheat meal in the evening = -1 point. It was a birthday party, I just couldn't resist the offer :-)
    Everything else was fine, I decided to do my running session slightly 'lighter' then usual so I'll try to make another one during my rest day.

12.Nov.2006: [94 points]
    Huh... bad weekend for me. Another cheat meal late in the evening = another lost point. I hope I'll get back on the track immediatly.

[Week 3]
    13.Nov.2006: [94 points]
    It's Tuesday morning when I do this update and I'm running late to work. I'm going to business trip so I'll be away of my computer for a whole day. Therefore here is a short upadte for Monday: everything is good again: all meals were regular and training was good. Kept all remaining points.

14.Nov.2006: [93 points]
    I hate when I have to deduct a point for missed meal :(
    Unfortunately, due to the business trip and very important meeting, I didn't have my morning snack. Everything else was simply great so it's even more frustrating. When I have cheat meal like the other day then I don't have a problem taking full responsibility. But in a days like this I'm really pissed off...

15.Nov.2006: [91 points]
    Today I really fucked up :(
    It was very busy day in the office and because of that I missed my training. Meals were quite good for a whole day, but when I returned from work (1:00 in the morning) I was starving and couldn't resist having a sandwich. So minus 2 for my misbehavior. I need to stick very hard to the plan since this month I don't wan't to break magic '90 points' line.

16.Nov.2006:
    (no update)

17.Nov.2006:
    (no update)

18.Nov.2006:
    (no update)

19.Nov.2006:
    (no update)

[Week 4]
    20.Nov.2006: [78 points]
    It's very hard to calculate how much points I lost in last couple of days. I had trouble in every segment of this challenge, even with updates which I usually do almost automatically. On Saturday, when I wanted to make an update for Friday I realised that I didn't do an update for Thursday and this surprised me a lot. I decided to do an update for everything on Sunday but this Sunday was probably the worst day so far: I just couldn't keep any of promises I made and my Internet connection was down for a whole day (this is not an excuse, I probably wouldn't make an update even if I were the owner of the ISP company).
    So, I'll try to summarize my lost points: -4 for updates, -1 for missed training on Friday, -6 for beers I had yesterday, -2 for yesterday's afternoon snack and dinner. In total: -13 points :(
    But, today is another day and another start. New goal is not to lose a single point by the end of the month!

21.Nov.2006: [78 points]
    Finaly one good day. Well, not so good as many before, but after latest failures it's good to be back on the track. Meals were good and on time. On the other hand training was not that good, but the most important thing is that I was focused again. Let's go forward!

22.Nov.2006: [78 points]
    Another good day, even better then yesterday. It's always much better when I have cardio training. I still have problems with weight lifting trainings: because I don't have time to go to gym I do them at home where I don't have enough peace (kids, wife...), I'm usually very low on motivation for this kind of training, I'm feeling like I don't have enough strength to make it properly etc.
    Quite the oposit with cardio: when I run I feel very strong, I don't have motivation problem at all, everything is easy and result is quite good (I can really feel the difference after each training). Besides, I feel good after the training.
    Meals were also good and on time. It's good to be back on the track!

23.Nov.2006: [78 points]
    Another good day. Not so good as yesterday, but still without lost points. Ate a little bit too much for dinner, too less for lunch, but I will not deduct a point for that. Will try to stay focused. I didn't take my measurements in last couple of days, but it looks like there is no significant progress this month. Judging by my current points it's kind of expectable :(

24.Nov.2006: [77 points]
    This month is really fucked up. I got sick (still have temperature) and missed training. I'm desperate :(

25.Nov.2006: [100 points]
    26.Nov.2006: [100 points]

[Week 5]
    27.Nov.2006: [100 points]
    28.Nov.2006: [100 points]
    29.Nov.2006: [100 points]
    30.Nov.2006: [100 points]

================
    END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    CHEST:
    HIPS:
    WAIST:

#19 floky, Oct 26, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2006
  20. FBChick

FBChick Active Member

Count me in! I'll be out of town Nov 4-6, so posting may be spotty around then.

GOAL: Lose a few pounds while actually getting stronger and start getting in shape for the upcoming season.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: UB weight training/yoga
    Tuesday: LB Weight training/plyometrics/45m cardio
    Wednesday: 45 mins cardio/ yoga
    Thursday: UB Weight training/45m cardio
    Friday: Weight training: biceps & triceps
    Saturday: LB weight Training/45m cardio
    Sunday: Yoga

MEAL SCHEDULE
    5 meals per day, one cheat meal per week.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 179
    BODY FAT: 30.54%
    ARMS: 11.5/13" (cold/flexed)
    CHEST: 38"
    FOREARMS: 11.5"
    HIPS: 41.5"
    THIGHS: 23"
    WAIST: 33"

END STATS (cold/flexed)
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG
    NOV 1: LB Training done for the day as well as a solid 45min set on the elliptical. Due to being out of town this weekend, slightly modifying workouts this week just to get everything in. Things should get close to back on track next week. Eating on track [100 points]

NOV 2: UB training done as well as a 30 min step class, which turned out to be killer after the LB workout and taking the kiddos Roller skating. Food on track. [100 points]

Nov 3: LB Training done as well as a quick cardio session. Racing to get out the door to head off to DC to watch my beloved skins whallop Dallas [100 points]

Nov 6: What a game and what a trip!! Worth having to lose 5 points over! Quick yoga session tonight to stretch out from the road and managed to get food back on track on the way home [95 points]

Nov 7: OK, so I ran into post vacation letdown and I seriously could not get motivated to do much of anything. Eating way off whack and no workout done [92 points]

Nov 8: Much better day today. Food went better today though a little derailed thanks to an end of year luncheon. But LB weight training done as well as 30 min HIIT. Yoga on schedule for tonight. [91 points]

#20 FBChick, Oct 26, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.