1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

John Stone's January 2009 "100 Challenge" (Completed)

Discussion in '"100 Challenges"' started by John Stone, Dec 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE CHALLENGE HAS BEGUN. NO MORE ENTRIES ALLOWED FOR THIS MONTH'S CHALLENGE!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions belong in this thread.

[highlight]BEFORE YOU SIGN UP, READ THIS!!![/highlight]
    This is your chance to get 2009 off to a fantastic start by making a public commitment to your fitness program and then holding yourself accountable. In November we had ONE person who completed the challenge. Pardon me for pointing out the obvious, but that's pathetic. I don't want to see a bunch of abandoned entries, deleted posts and lame excuses in January. In other words, don't bother signing up unless you are going to see the challenge through until the end. I don't expect anyone to be perfect, but I do expect the entrants of these challenges to at least live up to their commitments and complete them. The number of points you have at the end of the month is not nearly as important as the accomplishment of living up to your word and FINISHING. Come on, people--get fired up!

Until the challenge begins, please refrain from making any posts in this thread except your Official Entry post. Once the challenge starts, you may post all you like.

This premise of this challenge is pretty simple: Each participant starts the month with 100 points. A point is deducted each time a workout is missed, a meal is missed, an unscheduled "cheat" meal or snack is consumed or a daily update to your official challenge post is missed. The goal, of course, is to finish the month with 100 points!

Here are the rules:

1) The challenge begins on January 1, 2009. You must have your starting post up by 7:00 AM (EST) on January 1, 2009--NO EXCEPTIONS!
    2) It doesn't matter if you are cutting, bulking or maintaining. The common goal here is 100% consistency.
    3) Each person participating in the challenge should start a post in this thread by the cut-off time. Your Official Challenge post must be updated each and every day. The updates won't take long (examples below). If you miss an update, you must deduct a point. Please note that you should edit your existing Official Challenge post--don't start a new post every day.
    4) Miss a workout for any reason, deduct a point.
    5) Miss a meal for any reason, deduct a point.
    6) Eat an unscheduled "cheat" meal or snack, deduct a point.

Feel free to post before/after pictures if you like (optional).

Of course this challenge is based on the honor system. You can cheat, but that would be pointless.

Here's an example Official Challenge post (feel free to copy and paste, substituting your own information):

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sample Official "100 Challenge" post

GOAL: Cutting

COMMENT: I want to reduce my body fat to 8%.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: chest & triceps (PM)
    Tuesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
    Wednesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: back & biceps (PM)
    Thursday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
    Friday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: delts & traps (PM)
    Saturday Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: legs (PM)
    Sunday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, one cheat meal per week.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 200 pounds
    BODY FAT: 9.8%
    ARMS: 16.75"
    CALVES: 16.5"
    CHEST: 42.75"
    FOREARMS: 13.5"
    HIPS: 38.75"
    THIGHS: 24"
    WAIST: 32.5"

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG (Note: Each entry should be completed the day after, or at the end of the same day after all meals/workouts are completed. Please be sure to keep a running total of your points, as shown below.)

JAN 1: I did my cardio and ate all meals as scheduled.
    -0 points [100 points]

JAN 2: My car broke down and I missed my back workout. I walked to Burger King for dinner and had an unscheduled cheat meal.
    -2 points [98 points]

JAN 3: I missed my cardio today, but ate all meals as scheduled.
    -1 point [97 points]

JAN 4:

JAN 5: I missed yesterday's update, but I did my delts and traps workout yesterday, and ate all meals as scheduled (including my scheduled cheat meal). Today I did my cardio, ate all meals as scheduled and did my leg workout.
    -1 point [96 POINTS]

You get the idea.....

2. jasoncurry29

jasoncurry29 Well-Known Member

I'm in

COMMENT: I want to reduce my body fat. I'm out of town on the 1rst so i'll be starting on Jan 2nd. I've never finished with 100 points so being the first person on the list I want to set a good example... I will finish with 100 points!

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    p90x workouts 6 days per week

MEAL SCHEDULE
    6 meals per day, about 2400 calories, 2 cheat meals per month

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 185.6 lbs
    BODY FAT: 14.6%
    WAIST: 37 in

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG

Jan 1 - New Years Day
    Jan 2 - First day of challenge - all meals and workout done (100)
    Jan 3 - All meals eaten and workout done (100)
    Jan 4 - All meals - no scheduled workout (100)
    Jan 5 - All meals and workout complete! (100)
    Jan 6 - Ok day...ate all meals and did my workout (100)
    Jan 7 - Despite a tough day I got all my meals and workout in (100)
    Jan 8 - All meals and workout complete (100)
    Jan 9 - had 1 of my planned cheat meals tonight, did my workout... Still feel like crap though (100)
    Jan 10 - Great day all meals and workouts done (100)
    Jan 11 - Another good day. Very happy with how the month is going. (100)
    Jan. 12 - All meals and workout complete (100)
    Jan. 13 - Diet and workout good (100)
    Jan. 14 - Another good day (100)
    Jan. 15 - Good day (100)
    Jan. 16 - Had a chance to ruin my diet for the day but I chose wisely and it all worked out. (100)
    Jan. 17 - Another good day (100)
    Jan. 18 - My last cheat meal for the month (100)
    Jan. 19 - Got my workout and meals done (100)
    Jan. 20 - Well it happened... I had an unscheduled cheat meal. -1 (99)
    Jan. 21 - Back on track today (99)
    Jan. 22 - Good diet... ok workout (99)
    Jan. 23 - Another good day (99)
    Jan. 24 - Yet another good say (99)
    Jan. 25 - Had a good day... ate out a couple times but made healthy choices so it's all good. (99)
    Jan. 26 - Workout and meals completed (99)
    Jan. 27 - Ok in the final stretch (99)
    Jan. 28 - Good day (99)
    Jan. 29 - You guessed it... (99)
    Jan. 30 - one more day (99)
    Jan. 31 - Done (99)

#2 jasoncurry29, Dec 15, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  3. gazareth

gazareth Senior Member

OK, so I've been away from the site over the Christmas period and am now back and ready to start this challenge. I'm gonna start on 95 to make up for the missed days so far.

Diet
    5 meals a day.
    Allowed foods: Eggs, meat, fish, vegetables, fruit, nuts, protein powder (& dextrose), sweet potato (PWO), peanut butter, healthy oils.
    2 cheat meals a week.

Training
    I haven't lifted for 2 months, so I'm gonna ease back into it. My initial aim is two lifting sessions a week, building to three a week by the end of the month.

Cardio
    Nothing formal for now as it's too cold to cycle to work!

Start stats
    202.5 lbs / 40" waist

End stats
    196 lbs / 38" waist

OVERALL SCORE: 89

Mon 5th Jan
    Ate 5 meals on plan. Lifted in the evening. Feels like I am on the way back.
    Tue 6th Jan
    Ate 5 meals on plan. No training today - had planned rugby training but DOMS and the extreme cold outside (-6C) put paid to that.
    Wed 7th Jan
    Ate 5 meals on plan. No training today. Will do rugby training or some light gym cardio tomorrow.
    Thu 8th Jan
    Ate 5 meals on plan. Went to rugby training. No points dropped so far.
    Fri 9th Jan
    Ate 6 meals on plan (including PWO shake). Lifted in the evening; trained so hard I was sick when I got home! I will enjoy a day off tomorrow and a couple of relaxed meals.
    Sat 10th Jan
    Ate 4 meals, including 2 scheduled cheats. Went to view a wedding venue in the AM and didn't think I was gonna be out as long as I was, hence the missed meal. -1 point
    Sun 11th Jan
    Ate 5 meals. No training today. Am gonna train in the gym 3 times this coming week - will deduct points for any missed sessions.
    Mon 12th Jan
    Ate 6 meals (including PWO shake). Trained hard tonight. Another good day. End of first week stats show 2.5 weight loss and 1" lost from my waist. Just gotta keep going.
    Tue 13th Jan
    Ate 5 meals. No training today - gotta hard session up tomorrow evening with my old PT. Conditioning ahoy.
    Wed 14th Jan
    Ate 6 meals (including PWO shake). Trained hard tonight. The gaz-train keeps on rollin'...
    Thu 15th Jan
    Ate 5 meals. No training today. Gonna lift tomorrow - hopefully I won't blow chunks everywhere like last Friday...
    Fri 16th Jan
    Ate meals on plan but no training - trained on Saturday morning instead (writing this 11:20am on Saturday).
    Sat 17th Jan
    Trained in the morning, so got my 3 sessions for the week in. 5 meals, 3 cheats. -1 point
    Sun 18th Jan
    Travelling makes things hard; I took protein powder with me on my trip to Bristol but still couldn't resist eggs benedict for breakfast! Then, during the car journey, I was ravenous and we stopped to do our week's grocery shopping; I had a low-cal chicken sandwich as another meal. -2 points
    Mon 19th Jan
    Got all meals in on plan, and trained in the evening. A good day.
    Tues 20th Jan
    All meals on plan. No training.
    Wed 21st Jan
    All meals on plan. Trained in the evening.
    Thurs 22nd Jan
    All meals on plan, no training.
    Fri 23rd Jan
    All meals on plan, trained in the evening. Weigh-in tomorrow AM... :scared:
    Sat 24th Jan
    Disappointing weigh-in (see my journal). Ate 3 cheat meals (2 is maximum allowed for the week). -1 point
    Sun 25th Jan
    All meals on plan, no training today. Back in the gym tomorrow.
    Mon 26th Jan
    All meals on plan, trained in the evening. Have started planning my Warp Speed Fat Loss diet for next month. The diet will be fairly straightforward - the training, however, will be punishing. I can't wait.
    Tue 27th Jan
    All meals on plan. No training today but I did have to walk home 4 miles because my car is in for its MOT & service and I left my wallet at home (so no bus money).
    Wed 28th Jan
    All meals on plan. Trained well in the evening. Promising weigh-in in the morning too. 3 days to go...
    Thu 29th Jan
    All meals on plan. Rugby training in the evening.
    Fri 30th Jan
    Meals on plan, but no lifting for health reasons (see my journal). I'm supposed to be playing rugby tomorrow, but if that gets called off for whatever reason, I'll lift tomorrow PM instead. Otherwise, I'll deduct a point. Edit Sat AM: rugby is on, so -1 for missed workout -1 point
    Sat 31st Jan
    Ate all meals on plan except for one planned cheat meal, and played rugby. The other planned cheat meal for the week is today (Sunday) and so spills into Feb.

FINAL SCORE: 89

This was a good month for me. I went a long way to getting my dietary and training discipline back, and I feel ready to step it up a gear in February when I take on what will surely be a very challenging program in Warp Speed Fat Loss. I lost 6.5 lbs and 2" from my waist in the 4 weeks leading up to February 1st, and if I can repeat or better that achievement in February I will be a very happy bunny.

#3 gazareth, Dec 15, 2008
  4. volleyball

volleyball Pickled

GOAL
    ------
    Cutting. I'd like to get down to 190 pounds. I assume I'll drop bodyfat, but I'm not terribly concerned with the numbers. More importantly, I know something good will result if I stick to the challenge.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    ----------------------
    Will vary. Basics, however, are three days of weight training and seven days of "activity" -- in essence, I'll typically walk 30 to 45 minutes a morning in a fasted state, though work schedules and the like may move that time. The goal, however, is to ensure three days of weight training (focusing on compound lifts, especially squats, deadlifts, and presses) are met and some form of steady-state activity is achieved every day. Thus, if a day goes by with no walking, that's a loss of points. If a week goes by with two days of weight training, that's a loss of points. You get the idea. EDIT: I've settled on a total-body, three-days-a-week workout, using compound lifts. Split training doesn't seem to make too much sense for a weakling like me right now; I need to build a base of strength. I'll be lifting M-W-F for the most part.

MEAL SCHEDULE
    -----------------
    Six meals per day, with one possible cheat meal per week. EDIT: Make that minimum five meals per day. Seriously -- how do people eat six times? Maybe I sleep too long. Let's go with "five to seven meals per day" and call it good.

BEARD STATUS
    ---------------
    Will remain through the challenge, assuming I'm not kicked out of the house for looking like an old man.

STARTING STATS
    -----------------
    WEIGHT: 207 lbs
    BODY FAT: n/a (prolly around 25%)
    ARMS: 14/14.25 (l/r)
    CALVES: 15.75
    CHEST: 43.5
    FOREARMS: 11.5/12 (l/r)
    HIPS: 40.25
    THIGHS: 24/24.25 (l/r)
    WAIST: 41.25

END STATS
    -----------
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG
    -----------

JAN 1: Late start to the day (as one might imagine; I'm sure I wasn't the only one -- and this despite the fact I don't even drink) led to just five meals. Personally, I don't feel like that's a bad thing, but challenge-wise, that's a point deduction, yo. (EDIT: Not anymore. Note the update to my meals schedule. Is this cheating? Perhaps, but at least I'm up front about it. Should've put more thought into the plan -- I rarely eat six times, and five clean meals is a victory in and of itself for someone with my history.) Thirty-minute walk to start the "morning" (I did say it was a late start).
    -0 points [100 POINTS]

JAN 2: Back to work, which is a real test of my ability to eat five+ times in a day. But this time, I planned things better; took a shake back to work after lunch, so along with dinner and a PWO meal, I got my five. Workout went pretty well, other than tweaking my groin (that just sounds so bad) while doing snatch-grip deadlifts (never tried them before). I'm doing a total-body, three-days-a-week workout with compound lifts, mostly just in an attempt to build a base of strength; I'm a bit of a wuss. :cry:
    -0 points [100 POINTS]

JAN 3: Spent some time on the road with the family, but picked up a plain grilled chicken sandwich while out and ditched the bun, so five clean meals were met. Thirty-minute walk in the morning.
    -0 points [100 POINTS]

JAN 4: Another late start to the day (dunno what it is when I'm off from work). Way too cold to walk, so I headed over to a buddy's to use a bike for an HIIT workout. Only four meals on the day, but all clean.
    -1 points [99 POINTS]

JAN 5: Back to work, so up at a decent hour. Five clean meals, 17 minutes of HIIT, and a total-body workout with teh weights. :tu: I'm thinking of starting a private journal; since I have to update this every day, I may as well do so in more detail elsewhere, where I can get some of that positive JSF feedback. :nod: (Assuming, of course, anyone will read it. :cry:)
    -0 points [99 POINTS]

JAN 6: Long day at work. Just four meals (but all pretty clean, though perhaps a bit too many carbs -- I should be writing this stuff down, I guess), and by the time everything was wrapped up at the homestead, I didn't much feel like a walk in the brutal cold. :cry:
    -2 points [97 POINTS]

JAN 7: Created a private journal (check the sig), so I'll try to be briefer (is that a word?) here. Another goofy day of work led to essentially four meals, none of which were ideal, but none of which were like what I used to eat, so that's still a victory (though still a point deduction). Played a couple hours of low-intensity volleyball, followed by my regularly planned Wed workout.
    -1 point [96 POINTS]

JAN 8: Five meals, including one semi-cheat (turkey grinder with mustard and cheese, but no lettuce, tomato or mayo -- still a lot of high glycemic carbs in that bread; probably more of a cheat because of the volume than anything else), but didn't get in any cardio.
    -1 point [95 POINTS]

JAN 9: Missed updating, hit all meals, but missed workout.
    -2 points [93 POINTS]

JAN 10: Long day; spent bulk of it helping move a friend, so though the workout was again missed (and won't be made up), I feel like I worked out. Meals were hit. I might finish this challenge with about 80 points, but I am going to finish, it should be noted.
    -1 POINT [92 POINTS]

JAN 11: Five meals and two hours of moderately intense volleyball means a first day in a long while without a loss of points. :tu:
    -0 POINTS [92 POINTS]

JAN 12: Five meals, but no cardio (should probably do that in the A.M. or it isn't likely to happen, but it's been single digits in the morning 'round these parts). Workouts are being pushed forward a day (T-Th-Sa instead of M-W-F).
    -1 POINT [91 POINTS]

JAN 13: Meals met (though dinner was ... eh; more info in a journal post later today). Workout accomplished, though not until about 11 p.m. Much too late for me.
    -0 POINTS [91 POINTS]

JAN 14: Missed update, but meals were hit. No cardio, though -- I need an indoor option!
    -2 POINTS [89 POINTS]

JAN 15: Meals met, workout accomplished.
    -0 POINTS [89 POINTS]

JAN 16: Missed update, met meals, no cardio.
    -2 POINTS [87 POINTS]

JAN 17: Missed update, met meals (including a cheat), workout accomplished.
    -1 POINT [86 POINTS]

JAN 18: Met meals (including a cheat; technically, it's a new week, so any more cheats through Saturday would be a deduction), no cardio. May have a treadmill option by next weekend, though that's a bit too late for the challenge. Then again, we're supposed to get back into the 20s this week, so maybe I'll get back outside walking again.
    -1 POINT [85 POINTS]

JAN 19: Meals were reasonable, but could be better. Still, five were eaten. Workout was solid. I'm concerned about finishing with +70 points at this rate, though. About the only thing I'm enjoying is the weight training, and that will only benefit me if I'm eating right. :bang:
    -0 POINTS [85 POINTS]

JAN 20: Have to deduct for the meals; they weren't what they should be, and I caved in to the sweets around here for the first time in 20 days by eating a couple of brownies. Still, a month ago I'd have eaten 10 brownies. So that's a minor victory. :tu: No cardio again, though.
    -2 POINTS [83 POINTS]

JAN 21: This month has turned into a bit of a dirty bulk; I'm picking up some n00b gains in size because I'm keeping my protein up with mostly good carbs and staying away from bad fats, but with no cardio or cleaner diet, I'm not dropping any weight. I think, though, that I've figured out some things that I'll apply beginning next month. So I'll still keep getting docked for no cardio here, but that's okay -- I'm still gonna finish. :tu: All meals eaten, and workout was solid.
    -0 POINTS [83 POINTS]

JAN 22: Missed update, meals good, no cardio.
    -2 POINTS [81 POINTS]

JAN 23: Missed update, meals good, no cardio.
    -2 POINTS [79 POINTS]

JAN 24: Missed update, meals good, excellent workout. :tu:
    -1 POINT [78 POINTS]

JAN 25: Missed ... wait! It's only the day after, so I didn't miss this update! Sorry, got on a bit of a roll there. Anyway, meals were good, and I picked up the treadmill I've mentioned I was hoping to borrow, and actually DID SOME CARDIO! Zowee. I'm thinking, though, that I'll probably continue to sort of "dirty bulk" this month and get serious about cutting in a week or so.
    -0 POINTS [78 POINTS]

JAN 26: Met meals and had a decent workout (skipped one exercise due to knee pain). Went up in weight or reps in the other three lifts, though. :tu:
    -0 POINTS [78 POINTS]

JAN 27: Meals were less than stellar, and no cardio. I'm going to continue my weight-training workouts through the month, and keep the protein up, but I'll be looking to start a true cut next month. But I'll also keep updating this thread to the finish -- no way I'm letting it slide, even if my plans changed. :nono:
    -2 POINTS [76 POINTS]

JAN 28: Meals were good, but missed my workout due to schoolwork requirements. Not a good excuse.
    -1 POINT [75 POINTS]

JAN 29: It's obvious by now that I've refocused on a plan for February, and though I should start NOW, I've got my mind set on 2/2/09. Thus, meals were poor, and no cardio. :bang: But I updated! :tu: :cry:
    -2 POINTS [73 POINTS]

#4 volleyball, Dec 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  5. MadeInNY

MadeInNY Active Member

GOAL: Cutting *would like to lose 15lbs*
    ETA: Lost 5 before this started, so need to lose 10 more lbs.

COMMENT: I want to reduce my body fat to 20%.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE - Have to remove spinning from program to remain compliant with my HIT program. *if I'm not allowed to do this, please let me know*
    Monday: HIT (AM); Spinning (PM)
    Tuesday: Spinning
    Wednesday: HIT (AM); Spinning (PM)
    Thursday: Spinning
    Friday: HIT (AM); Spinning (PM)
    Saturday: At least 1 spinning class
    Sunday: At least 1 spinning class

MEAL SCHEDULE
    6 meals per day, 2 of which will be snack such as cottage cheese or fruit. No cheat meals until Feb 1.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 135.0
    BODY FAT: 25% ?
    ARMS: 10.5
    CALVES: 14.5
    CHEST: 32.5
    HIPS: 39
    SADDLEBAGS: 37
    THIGHS: 22 1/4
    WAIST: 28

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG
    01/01/2009
    : Spinning (AM), tested assisted chin-up and dip machines: started with 105lbs.
    -0 points [100 points]

01/02/2009: HIT (PM) *experienced challenges completed set in expected time of 40 minutes. The gym was extremely crowded*
    Removed spinning, as HIT is supposed to be the only cardio *this is challenging for me - I love spinning*
    Ate all meals, will have LFCC in half-hour.
    -0 points [100 points]

01/03/2009: Ate all meals, no cheats and drank 1 gallon of water.
    -0 points [100 points]

01/04/2009: I wanted to cheat by spinning today, but I didn't and I managed to eat all of my meals.
    -0 points [100 points]

01/05/2009: I'm not feeling well, but did HIT and ate all meals.
    -0 points [100 points]

01/06/2009: Ate all meals, but had a handful of unscheduled peanuts :( Now, I'm paying for it; the salt is kicking my arse.
    -1 points [99 points]

01/07/2009: I did HIT today, but I'm really disappointed with my #s. I lost ground in a number of areas. I'm hoping it's because I am not feeling well. We'll see on Friday.
    0 - points [99 points]

01/08/2009: Did well yesterday; drank over a gallon of cold water and ate all scheduled meals.
    0 - points [99 points]

01/09/2009: I have an ear, or sinus (or both) infection. Hubby wanted me to stay away from gym today, but I dragged my arse in and had a killer workout *ok...it was killer for ME, not next to you pros :)

Ate all meals, even though I wanted to skip a couple *can't taste anything*
    0 - points [99 points]

Thank God today is a resting day for me. I now know the pain that infants feel when they have ear infections. Poor babies :(
    Otherwise, I'm eating scheduled meals and drinking water, like a fish.
    0 - points [99 points]

01/10/2009: ate clean, drank water :)
    0 - points [99 points]

01/11/2009: ate clean, drank water :)
    0 - points [99 points]

01/12/2009: Had to miss workout due to confirmed ear/sinus infections. Will be down for the rest of the week, then have surgery next week.
    1 - points [98 points]

#5 MadeInNY, Dec 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  6. tsk2264

tsk2264 Active Member

GOAL: Recomposition while Maintaining weight

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    M,W,F Full Body workouts
    Tu, Thu, Sat Cardio

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, one cheat per week.

DAILY LOG:

JAN 1: Ran on the treadmill for 30 mins today (MISS); no cheat meals
    -0 points [100 points]

JAN 2: Full body workout today; no cheat meals. This was a much needed challenge. Normally I might have skipped this workout as I have plans to go to Las Vegas tonight. Will be checking in from there the next two days.
    -0 points [100 points]

JAN 3: Checking in from Las Vegas. Elliptical for 60 minutes today at the hotel gym. Had my scheduled cheat meal (sausage and pepperoni pizza).
    -0 points [100 points]

JAN 4: Argh. Had two cheat meals today. Not easy to eat clean when you're driving on the road and haven't prepared any meals in advance....but hey, excuses are just like holes (no need to be one as well). Had fast food for the first time in quite some time. I'm pissed off. I'm going to beat the crap out of my body at the gym on Monday.
    -2 points [98 points]

JAN 5:
    Had a very nice leg workout today and followed it up with 30 minutes of cardio. Ate all my meals as planned with no cheats.
    -0 points [98 points]

JAN 6: Upper body workout which lasted around 45 minutes followed by 12 minutes HIIT cardio. Ate all my meals as planned with no cheats. I think I lost most of the weight I gained while in Vegas.
    -0 points [98 points]

JAN 7: No scheduled workout today. Had all my meals but couldn't resist some blueberry pound cake last night.
    -1 points [97 points]

JAN 8: Grueling leg workout today....breathing squats and Romanian DLs, followed by calve lifts. I was pretty beat, but thinking about this damn challenge made me force myself unto the treadmill and do cardio for 25 mins (while spewing out curses at John Stone). :) Ate all my meals as planned with no cheats.
    -0 points [97 points]

JAN 9: Good upper body workout today, but I didn't have time to follow it up with my scheduled cardio session. Ate all my meals as planned with no cheats. Will make up for it with some cardio on Saturday. Doesn't mean it isn't going to cost me a point though.
    -1 points [96 points]

JAN 10: Did cardio, but had a few poor meals. Weekends suck for maintaining my discipline (at least for me).
    -2 points [94 points]

JAN 11: Today was a rest day, but didn't do much resting. Spent about 5 hours cleaning out the garage and detailing our cars. Managed to apply 5 coats of Zaino Polish (3 on the wife's car, 2 on mine) and skipped my planned cheat meal.
    -0 points [94 points]

JAN 12: Wasn't feeling well so skipped today's workout. Didn't eat very well either.
    -2 points [92 points]

JAN 13: Back on track. Had a good workout and ate all my meals as planned.
    -0 points [92 points]

JAN 14: No scheduled workout today, but still decided to do 15 minutes of HIIT (jump-rope). Ate all my meals as planned.
    -0 points [92 points]

JAN 15: Did lower body workout. I think I'm about to give up on squats... finding it difficult to squat properly without my left knee hurting. Will probably stick to just deadlifts, bulgarians and leg presses in the future. Ate all my meals as planned.
    -0 points [92 points]

JAN 16: Upper body workout. Ate all my meals as planned, but had some really terrible nachos at the movie theatre last night. Ugh...partially hydrogenated soybean oil. If that isn't a deduction, I don't know what is.
    -1 points [91 points]

JAN 17: 17 Minutes HIIT via jump-rope. Diet was decent, but still probably not conducive to my long-term goals. Gotta deduct another point.
    -1 points [90 points]

JAN 18: Rest day today, but was still very active for most of the day. Took this opportunity to wash the cars and do a little work around the house (It was 85 degrees today).
    -0 points [90 points]

JAN 19: Upper body workout followed by some LISS cardio. Ate all my meals.
    -0 points [90 points]

JAN 20: Missed cardio workout today. Diet sucked also. Things are going to have to change.
    -2 points [88 points]

JAN 21: Lower body workout plus 30 mins cardio. Diet was excellent.
    -0 points [88 points]

JAN 22: 30 mins cardio + upper body workout. Diet was spot on.
    -0 points [88 points]

JAN 23: Rest Day. Diet was very good. I'm in the process of implementing a new diet plan under Mastover's guidance and things are going great.
    -0 points [88 points]

JAN 24: 45 mins cardio + lower body workout. Took my wife out for a date (dinner and an opera) and couldn't resist ordering a rib-eye steak with curry noodles. Argh!
    -1 points [87 points]

JAN 25: Rest Day. Diet was fine.
    -0 points [87 points]

JAN 26: Upper body workout. Diet was perfect....though I'm not quite done yet. I'll be cooking my 6 egg whites as soon as I get offline. This new diet plan under Mastover is very difficult to accomplish. I feel as if I'm eating a whole mountain of food, but I'm happy since it's so obvious I was doing so many things wrong prior to signing on with him...I know I'm getting more than my money's worth.
    -0 points [87 points]

JAN 27: 15 mins HIT. Diet was perfect. I'm eating a ton of food, but my weight is still going down slowly.
    -0 points [87 points]

JAN 28: Full body workout. Diet was perfect again.
    -0 points [87 points]

JAN 29: Rest day. Diet was fine.
    -0 points [87 points]

JAN 30: Full body workout. Ate all 6 meals, but couldn't resist having half a bagel with cream cheese whipped with chive. This place in downtown LA has some amazing bagels and my boss always buys a whole batch every Friday. Argh!
    -1 points [86 points]

JAN 31: Missed cardio workout. Diet was off.
    -2 points [85 points]

#6 tsk2264, Dec 15, 2008
  7. Retrobovine

Retrobovine Active Member

COMMENT: I want to lose 10 lbs in the month of January

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Strength Circuit Training 30 mins
    Tuesday: Elliptical 30 mins
    Wednesday: Strength Circuit Training 30 mins
    Thursday: Ellitical 30 mins
    Friday: Strength Circuit Training 30 mins
    Saturday: Day of Rest
    Sunday: Elliptical 30 mins

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Three meals per day, one cheat meal per week.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 258
    BODY FAT: 36.4%
    ARMS: 14.75"
    CALVES: 18"
    CHEST: 48"
    FOREARMS: 12"
    HIPS: 44.25"
    THIGHS: 26.5"
    WAIST: 48.5"

11/17 STATS
    WEIGHT: 249.4
    BODY FAT: 33.7%
    ARMS: 14.75"
    CALVES: 18"
    CHEST: 46.5"
    FOREARMS: 12"
    HIPS: 45"
    THIGHS: 26.25"
    WAIST: 45"

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG:

JAN 1: Completed 36 minutes on the elliptical and planned my cheat meal for the week today as I knew I would have my families traditional new years feast of Pork Roast, Saurkrout, and Mashed Potatos. My brother stopped by and kept me from posting this on the 1st though so -1 point.
    -1 points [99 points]

JAN 2: Strength Circuit training and meals right on for today.
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 3: No Workout on the schedule today and I stayed on track with the diet for the day.
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 4: Diet was good again today, but my workout felt brutal I was dreading it all day. Ended with my longest distance for 30 mins yet though so i feel pretty good about that.
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 5: Diet was good again today, but my I didn't get to my strength workout this evening. I did run about 3 miles this morning but I can't consider that as sticking to my plan, so -1 point for me today.
    -1 points [98 points]

JAN 16: Diet met criteria for the day as well as elliptical exercise. Not to mention, fixing the power steering in my car and fixing the dishwasher made for a very productive and active day
    -0 points [98 points]

JAN 17: What can I say? I've neglected to keep up with this over the last week and a half. Fortunately I haven't neglected the diet and workout.
    -11 points [87 points]

JAN 18: I'm going to try and make this a little easier to remember to update by being retroactive about report my diet. This way I will remember to update my post after my morning or mid day workout. I'm less likely to be on the internet at night. Diet was good yesterday and I've accomplished my workout for today. It was a little lacking today, I couldn't seem to keep my heart rate like normal so I lost nearly a minute of my average mile.
    -0 points [87 points]

JAN 19: Diet was good yesterday and my workout today was better
    -0 points [87 points]
    JAN 19: Diet was good yesterday but missed my workout because I was stuck doing errands.
    -1 points [86 points]

#7 Retrobovine, Dec 16, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  8. SweetPea

SweetPea Well-Known Member

GOAL: Cutting / I want to drop 5 pounds this month.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE

Monday: 1 Hour of Cardio
    Tuesday: Upper Body (Super Sets)
    Wednesday: 1 Hour of Cardio
    Thursday: Lower Body (Giant Sets)
    Friday: 1 Hour of Cardio
    Saturday: Entire Body
    Sunday: Off

Alternating with:

Monday: Shoulders/Abs 20 Min HIIT
    Tuesday: Lower Body (Super Sets) 30 Min Cardio
    Wednesday: Back/Bi 20 Min HIIT
    Thursday: Lower Back/Chest/Tri/Abs/ No Cardio
    Friday: 1 Hour Cardio
    Saturday: Entire Body
    Sunday: Off

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Calorie cycling - Between 1400-2000 No Cheats!

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 127
    Measurement at BB: 28.5
    Thigh Measurement: 20.5
    (WILL POST BEFORE/AFTER PICS AT THE SAME TIME)

JAN 1:1400 Cals
    {100-1} 99 POINTS
    Well doing great on diet - but my gym is closed (and I am a major gym rat) so no leg workout for today! I shouldn't have that problem for the rest of the month.

JAN 2:1500 Cals
    99 POINTS
    Did great today! Diet was perfect and did my hour of cardio.

JAN 3:1600 Cals
    {99-1} 98 POINTS
    So far so good. Did my workout and a little extra.
    Well had a cheat snack playing poker (should have brought food with me). = P

JAN 4:1700 Cals
    98 POINTS
    Great day. Diet was on track.

JAN 5:1800 Cals
    98 POINTS
    Great day. Diet was good - workout was good.

JAN 6:1900 Cals
    98 POINTS
    It was a good day with diet and workout - but I didn't push hard enough on legs - not going to deduct a point - but next month I am going to set my goals a little higher.

JAN 7:2000 Cals
    98 POINTS
    Good day - baby has fever so I am making up this workout on Sunday - not going to deduct a point - diet was good.

2nd Week Stats:
    WEIGHT: 126

JAN 8:1400 Cals
    98 POINTS
    Good Day!! Workout was great - did a little extra.

JAN 9:2000 Cals
    98 POINTS
    I am such a pig!!! I have been STARVING all day, but I stayed on track - felt strong in the gym today - looks like the new yearers are slowin down!

JAN 10:1900 Cals
    98 POINTS
    Having a great day - did 15 more min. of cardio then planned and on my diet.

JAN 11:????? Cals
    {98-2} 96 POINTS
    Well this really sucks - I have a baby shower I am helping to give and between all the crap I have to do (though I am happy to do it!) I won't make it to the gym before it closes. So looks like I have to deduct a point. But I feel really great right now - this challenge is really helping - it keeps me on track - can't wait to post pics and see if I can SEE a difference.
    Food part going good though.
    **Update**WELL - things changed tonight - went to the baby shower and CHEATED - ugh I am so mad at myself - really last week was the first week I haven't cheated for the entire week. I am really just disappointed right now. I guess tomorrow is another day.

JAN 12:1700 Cals
    96 POINTS
    Great day - good workout.

JAN 13:2200 Cals
    {96-1} 95 POINTS
    Well today kind of sucked - I did great on the foods I ate - but ended up eating too much. My workout was good. I think I really have to start sticking to a three hour routine. I will start that tomorrow and 1/2 the caffeine.

JAN 14:1400 Cals
    95 POINTS

3rd Week Stats:
    WEIGHT: 124.2

JAN 15:1800 Cals
    {95-1} 94 POINTS
    AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I ate too much again - what is up with that - I am ALWAYS hungry lately - usually when I am this busy I don't have that problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Workout was good though...humph!

JAN 16:1600 Cals
    {94-1} 93 POINTS
    Well my workout was great - but I am gonna be honest - I have been struggling hard with my diet. I really want this -- it is so frustrating sometimes when I get in a pit.

JAN 17:2000
    93 Points
    Okay - I feel great today - I think it is going to be fine. I am going out for a friends birthday and I am so fed up with cheating that the thought of bad food makes me mad..lol. So I am going to drink a sugar free red bull and watch everyone else drink and have a good time.

JAN 18:1400
    93 Points

JAN 19:1500
    {93-1} 92 POINTS
    Seriously - if tomorrow I can't get my act together I am going to just bow out..I am sucking..I am letting my personal life get to me too much...it is ridiculous. Tomorrow is another day - this entire week was a wash for me -----aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

JAN 20:
    92 Points
    Had a really good day today.

JAN 21:
    {92-1} 91 POINTS
    Had a good day...1700 cals..clean food and my last meal of the day was no carbs...going to start eating 1700 cals a day for while...just stick with one amount and just try to stay on track...no workout - had a big schedule change.

JAN 22:
    91 POINTS
    Had a good day - but got lots of advice and now I am going to start doing something a little different - going to start eating 1400 - 1600 cals.. and try rotating with that.. we will see how it goes

JAN 23:
    1400 Cals
    91 POINTS
    Had a GREAT day!! I thought I would starve today but I didn't...my last meal will be chicken and green beans when I get home from the movies...!!!!!!

JAN 24:
    {91-2} 89 POINTS
    Had a cheat meal..and no workout

JAN 25:
    {89-2} 87 POINTS
    Had a cheat and didn't update....yuck

JAN 26:
    87 POINTS
    1500 Cals
    Had a great day

JAN 27:
    2000 Cals
    87 POINTS
    Had a great day

JAN 28:
    1800 Cals
    87 POINTS
    Did good.

JAN 29:
    2000 Cals
    87 POINTS
    Did good.

JAN 30:
    1600 Cals
    {87-1} 86 POINTS
    ate 200 more calories than planned..but did good..no cheat foods...did good on workout.

JAN 31:
    1600 Cals
    {86-2} 84 POINTS
    Well I ended the month badly - no workout and cheated...no great to be sure.

Goal next month...not to break get under 95...we will see.

#8 SweetPea, Dec 16, 2008
  9. JONESY_87

JONESY_87 Active Member

Im In. Will post stats closer to the start date.

10. joe6pk

joe6pk Active Member

GOAL: continue my transformation - already down to 89kg from 97kg in 8 weeks (see my journal)

COMMENT: I want to reduce my body weight - 1kg/week (weeks 9-13)

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Stationary bike: 20 mins HIIT (9x1min)
    Tuesday: Weight training: arms & back
    Wednesday: Stationary bike: 20 mins HIIT (9x1min)
    Thursday: Weight training: abs & legs
    Friday: Stationary bike: 20 mins HIIT (9x1min)
    Saturday: Weight training: chest & shoulders
    Sunday: Rest

MEAL SCHEDULE
    5-7 meals/day, two cheat meals per week.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 89 kg
    BODY FAT: 22.4%?
    ARMS: 35 cm
    CALVES: 42 cm
    CHEST: 103 cm
    FOREARMS: 30.5 cm
    HIPS: 104.5 cm
    THIGHS: 63 cm
    WAIST: 97cm

DAILY LOG
    week9
    JAN 1: 55 mins abs & legs; 7 small meals.
    -0 points [100 points]

JAN 2: 20 mins HIIT; 7 small meals.
    -0 points [100 points]

JAN 3: 60 mins chest, shoulders & triceps; 3 small meals + party with cheat meals and drinks
    -1 points [99 points]

JAN 4: Rest; meals OK.
    -0 points [99 points]

week10
    JAN 5: All 6 meals and HIIT workout complete
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 6: 55 mins arms&back workout; 6 meals
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 7: 20 mins HIIT; 6 meals.
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 8: 45 mins abs & legs; 6 meals.
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 9: 23 mins HI cardio; 6 meals (1 cheat meal)
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 10: 40 mins chest & shoulders; 6 meals
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 11: 12 mins HIIT; 20 mins abs; 6 meals
    -0 points [99 points]

week11
    JAN 12: 20 mins HIIT; 6 meals
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 13: 12 mins HIIT; 40 mins arms & back; 6 meals
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 14: 3x4 mins Tabata (bike, sprints, thruster); 15 mins abs; 6 meals
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 15: 40 mins chest & shoulders; 12 mins HIIT; 5 meals
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 16: 20 mins abs; 6 meals (1 cheat meal)
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 17: 20 mins HIIT; 10 mins calves; 6 meals (1 cheat meal)
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 18: 20 mins full body workout; 5 meals
    -0 points [99 points]

week12
    JAN 19: 20 mins HIIT; 6 meals
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 20: day off; 6 meals
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 21: 40 mins BB full body workout; 6 meals
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 22: 12 mins HIIT; 4 mins Tabata; 6 meals
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 23: 45 mins BB full body workout; 6 meals
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 24: 20 mins HIIT; 5 meals
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 25: 60 mins BB full body workout; 7 meals (1 cheat meal)
    -0 points [99 points]

week13
    JAN 26: 20 mins HIIT; 7 meals
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 27: 60 mins BB full body workout; 6 meals
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 28: day off; 6 meals
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 29: 60 mins DB full body workout; 4 meals
    -1 points [98 points]

JAN 30: 20 mins HIIT; 6 meals + 1 cheat snack
    -1 points [97 points]

JAN 31: 60 mins DB full body workout; 5 meals
    -0 points [97 points]

END STATS
    WEIGHT: 88 kg (-1)
    BODY FAT: 16% (-6.4)
    ARMS: 36.5 cm (+1.5)
    CALVES: 41.5 cm (-.5)
    CHEST: 104 cm (+1)
    FOREARMS: 30.5 cm
    HIPS: 102.5 cm (-2)
    THIGHS: 61.5 cm (-1.5)
    WAIST: 93 cm (-4)

Conclusion:
    This month turned out being more of a body recomposition then a weight loss one.

Before/After pictures
    89kg_2.JPG 88_1kg.JPG

#10 joe6pk, Dec 17, 2008
  11. Sea2Sea

Sea2Sea Active Member

Lets Do It

:tucool:GOAL: Bulking

COMMENT: I am going to start 9 points in the hole becasue i spend way to much time on a computer during the week, i stay away from them on the weekends so i wont post on weekend days. But as John said, its not the points total that matters, its completeing the challenge. Jan will be my last 4 weeks of my first Bulk, so the challenge will be a great way make the most of it.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Off/cardio/abbs
    Tuesday: Chest / tricepts
    Wednesday:Legs / Calves
    Thursday: Off/Cardio/Abs
    Friday: Back/Bicepts
    Saturday Off/Cardio/Abs
    Sunday: Traps/Shoulders

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six Clean meals per day, one cheat meal per Month avg 3200 cals a day.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 187 pounds
    BODY FAT: 13.2% ?
    ARMS: 15.25"
    CALVES: 15"
    CHEST: 46"
    FOREARMS: 11 3/4"
    HIPS: 43"
    THIGHS: 22 1/2
    WAIST: 34.5"

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG (Note: Each entry should be completed the day after, or at the end of the same day after all meals/workouts are completed. Please be sure to keep a running total of your points, as shown below.)

JAN 1: All Meals Eaten Scheduled day off from trianing did not post as it was a holiday
    -1 points [99 points]

JAN 2: All Meals eaten and had a killer Bicept /Back workout did not post as its was still a holiday for me.
    -1 points [98 points]

JAN 3: Sheduled day off from training, Meals eaten till 8PM when an emergency occued on the water I drive passenger ferry's on the weekend, I missed both #4 and 5 meals. and didnt post so i lost 2 this day.
    -2 point [96 points]

JAN 4: Wife dragged me kicking and screaming to the Dolphins play off game. missed trap/Delt workout and eat and drank like crap. They lost so i had to drown my sorrow in alchohol. and didnt post, not a good day, but will 100% refocus for the upcoming month.
    -3 points [93 points]

JAN 5: All meals were eaten , completed my Traps/Shoulders workout i missed on Sunday in leiu of my schdueled day off. It was a really good workout and have incorpreated some Dead Lifts on this day. I really like these. No points lost for the first time this year :)
    0 points [ 93]

Jan 6: All Six meals right on time , Chest and Tri's workout was great, just changed my routine for the last four weeks of the bulk. So i am a little sore, but thats a good thing.
    -0 Points [93]:tu:

Jan 7: Ahh the dreaded Legs/calfs day, was a great success, I stayed at the same weight as last week and worked on form for all sets, Amazingly i banged out 12 reps for each set at the same weight as last week, telling me i really need to go up on the weight next go around. I plan on adding 10 more pounds to each excersise. Meals were great none missed. apprx 3100 cals, Side note, the fat i am gianing around the middel mostly is annyoying me. But i am going to stick with teh bulk. this is much harder than Cutting. I am going to attmept to insert a picture taken this morning nine weeks into the bulk 100% relaxed at 192 lb up from 178 at the start of the bulk. OK, it didnt work, i will try another picture tomorrow
    -0 points [93] :D

Jan 8 : This was my day off from trianing, and thank god! this is the first time since this bulk started that i actually felt like i needed a day off, i was sore all over from the last three straight days of lifting due to my missed day last Sunday, I now fully apprciate the split. All six meals were meet, muscles are now reasted and ready for a great back/bicept workout tonight.
    -0 points [93]:gl:

Jan 9 th: Back/bicept work out was not up to par, i changed the routine for the last 4 weeks of the bulk, and i started the work out really late. i didnt finish till 8:30 but it was completed and i cant wait to hit it agin next week to make up for it. All meals were good, but i didnt update due to it being the weekend.
    -1 point [92]

Jan 10th: Day off from trianing but ate all measl as planed, did not post
    -1 point [91]

Jan 11th: Great traps shouilders workout, this is the day i do my new favorite, Dead lifts, i did a PB on weight and reps. I am going to really have to increase the weight next time by maybe 25Lbs. Meals were perfect until #6 when a neighborhood game of UNO turned into a drink fest. oh well it was a lot of fun but i will have to deduct a point for it. :drool:
    -1 [90]

Jan 12th: This was a rest day from training, and i actually did not work out at all. i tend to work in a little cardio and ab work on this day but after Sunday night i just wasnt up to it. And what a differnce it makes to take a whole day off. I feel better than ever today. All meals were meet yesterday. I updated some stats that i just took last Sunday. Just got my tape measure. the ending stats wont be a fair comparision as i started this bulk Nov 17th. But at least going forward i will have something to compare.
    -0 points [90]

Jan 13th: Back in the Gym today. it felt great after a full day of rest. Chest/Tri's workout completed. Did not go up on weight except on inclined bench, but concentrated hard on form. I was not able to max out with 12 reps useing perfect form telling me to keep the weight the same next week and concentrate on perfect form getting to three sets of 12 on each excersize. Meals were clean and perfect. I updated the complete starting stats today. taken last Sunday.
    -0 points [90]:neener:

JAN 14th : meals were good till meal # 3, just before noon a i get a call from the wife that the house had been broken into. So i had to rush home and skip # 3 so i will deduct a point for it. All the way home all i could think about was that my weights had been stolen and i would not be able to complate my leg work out that night and have to deduct another point. Luckly, they only got two flat screen tvs a lap top and a digital camera. Otherwise i would have been really pissed. I wanst in the mood to work out but i did anyway. And i am really glad i did. It was the very bext Leg/calf workout of the bulk. Must have been the adrenalin from dealing with cops and insurance companies. But i crushed all excersies, doing leg extentions i imagined i was putting my Size 10 1/2 right up the thiefs ass.. It felt really good. And the soreness in my legs today confirm just how good of a work out it was. :mad:
    -1point [89]

Jan 15th: this was a planned day off from triainig, but my wife was doing her cardio last night so i decided to get a sort 15 minutes of LISS cardio and some abb work in. I really hit the abbs as i hadnt done any work in that area for over a week and a half. Meals were spot on.
    -0 points [89]

Jan 16th: Meals were perfect for the day, But i missed the first planned workout of the month! totaly sucked. Our teeneage daughter needed a good hour and half talking to about boyfriends..By the time we were done it was 8 o;clock at night. too late to do my workout. Oh well
    -1 point [88]

jan 17th: planned day off but had to work all day so i could not do the make up work out. Meals were good even for a day on the boats. but did not post as it was the weekend.
    -1 point [87]

Jan 18th: Meals were perfect all six meet. made up work out from Friday. but it puts me behind starting the week so i will be catching up Monday on my planned day off. did not post so i di lose one point.
    -1 point [86]

Jan 19th: Its good to be back on track agian. meals were perfect, rest was even better. and shoulder/traps workout was awsome. I am starting to worry less about the fat gain on this bulk, as its almost over and i have only put on about 20lbs since starting. All Measurments have increased so it doesnt seem like i will end up at 35lbs more like i thought i would.
    - 0 points [86]:claplow:

Jan 20th: Almost missed the update from yesterday, Work got a littel crazy today. But for the 20th all meals were perfect. And Chest and Bicept work out was good. A little strange becuase it was so cold in South Florida. and My home Gym is outside. I cant say it was a bad work out, and i did warm up more than usal. But something didnt click.
    -0 points [86]:spank:

Janv 21st: This was a day off of training, and got to sleep in for the extra rest. Diet was good till meal # 6, we had friends over for there b-day's. so i planned a steak dinner. not your typical bulking diet steak, but great big 2 inch thick new york strips. about a pound a piece. Ok so they have a ton of protien, we also had corn on the cob and baked potato with all the real good shit on top. It was like a bulking meal on steroids. But not clean as most all of meals have been this month. So i am going to deduct a point. it backs to super clean eating for the last week of the month.
    -1 point[85]

Jan 22nd: Legs Day ! and glad for it., I donmt know what made me do it, but i added 20lbs to my squats, and it was easy. I know i had a really good leg work out the week before, but the strength gain was very noticable. For all the excersises. Meals were good , another great day of Bulking.
    -0 points[85]:nono:
    On another note ? is anyone actually reading these updates ?
    I know they are more for myself than anything else. But was curious..

Jan 23rd: All meals eaten , bicept/back/forearm work out was marginal. Not sure why this happened., It was set up perfectly. Start time was actually early. i GOT THE WORK OUT DONE BUT DIDNT SEE ANY GIANS THAT I COULD TELL IN STRENGTH. gUESS IT WAS ONE OF THOSE DAYS. dIDNT POST ON sATURDAY FOR THIS DAY AS IT WAS WEEKEND TIME.
    -1 POINT[84]

jan 24th: Day off from trianing , but was able to meet all meals even working my second job on the water. Didnt post due to the weekend.
    -1point[83]

Jan 25th: Meals 1-3 were perfect, Then we had a family event that included a chiness Buffet. Now i could have eaten a clean meal there, they did have steamed broccli, roasted Potatos and Terryioki chicken. BUT, i didnt. I did my best with Suchi, fried rice and since i am bulking three plates of the stuff. OK i blew it. And i shouldnt have. So to punish myself i went home and had a killer shoulder /trap workout. I also do deadlifts on this day, and did a personal best. I have gotten to enough weight on the Deadlift now that the Olimpic bar actually bends slightly, due to the weight. That was kind of cool.
    -1point[82]:moon:

Jan 26th : Schdueled day off from weights, but i did do some light cardio in the AM, i mostly do this to get the blood flowing in the morning and it gives me time to read the paper before work. I actually think i get more accomplished after a brief morning ride on the bike. Meals were perfect agian.
    -0 points [82]

Jan 27th: the last chest/tri's workout of the bulk. Had a good finish. my bench wroking weight increaseed from 80lbs at the start of the bulk to 160lb. I limit it somewhat due to an old shoulder injuriy. the results are really showing now. I almost hate to end the bulk, but i also cant wait to cut in a couple weeks. Meals were perfect.
    -0points[82]:bb:

Jan 28th: Had a great Leg Calf work out yesterday night. Added Walking lungs to the routine. And did the best ever weight on squats. and maxed out on the reps. Leg strength seems to be the biggest gainer on this bulk. Meals were better than perfect. only two more bulking work outs left!
    -0 points[82]

Jan 29th: this was a day off from trianing. One thing i have learned from this first time ever bulk, is take your days off. even if you feel like you can hit the gym agian the next day. Measl were 100%. I have Arms/back tonight and am looking forward to a great workout. I will post the final updates on Monday as the weekend is here. I hope everyone enjoyed the challenge as much as i did. And got eh results they wanted,.
    -0 points [82]

#11 Sea2Sea, Dec 18, 2008
    John Stone likes this.
  12. Chopaholic

Chopaholic Well-Known Member

I'm in like Flynn. Or sin. Or gin. Mmmm. Gin.

Choppie’s January 100 Challenge

GOAL: Weight Loss

COMMENT: I want to lose about six pounds, keep to my regular workout schedule, and stay strong through the whole month.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE:
    • Monday: weight training
    • Tuesday: 30 – 60 min run
    • Wednesday: weight training
    • Thursday: 30 – 60 min run
    • Friday: weight training
    • Saturday 30 – 60 min run or ski (1 hr xc or all day alpine)

For the first half of the month, I'll be at home, so lifting will be at kettlebell circuits/tomfoolery. After that, I'll be using the weights program from Cosgrove’s Afterburn program (with Precision Nutrition eating plan, not the Afterburn plan) for 12 weeks. My major focus will be on continued intensity through the whole of the month. I tend to start off strongly, and taper out as the month progresses.

I can drink: el husbando's birthday, socially once per week if it's a special event. No other time.

MEAL SCHEDULE:
    Five meals per day, 90% Precision Nutrition adherence (allows for 3 missed or non-compliant meals per week).

DAILY LOG:
    I think I am going to start Jan 2. We have guests leaving the 1st, that will be a little flex time to get everything in order. And avoid the spousal meltdown that happened when talking about the 1st. :whistle:
    JAN 1: Food in the house for tomorrow morning, grocery shopping and cooking tomorrow. El husbando somewhat on-board. Went for a run, going to do measurements now. [100 points]
    JAN 2: Nutrition 100%, kettlebell workout done. [100 points]
    JAN 3: Nutrition 100%, ran. [100 points]
    JAN 4: Nutrition 100%, day off. [100 points]
    JAN 5: Nutrition 100%, kettlebell workout done. [100 points]
    JAN 6: Nutrition 100%, ran. [100 points]
    JAN 7: Nutrition 100%, kettlebell workout done. [100 points]
    JAN 8: Nutrition 100%, took a 50 min nordic ski instead of running due to road conditions and another hour shoveling. This wrapped up my first week. I'm using Precision Nutrition, which allows for 90% nutrition adherence per week, based on the idea that the last 10% makes a marginal difference in results, but allowing for a few relaxed meals can make a difference in adherence and have a minimal "refeed" value. My percentage adherence was 91% for the first week, with fairly minimal "free meals" (ie, a PN compliant salad and an emapanda, as opposed to a pizza and four pints of beer). On the whole, I'm pretty pleased, and feel like I'll probably not be taking so many free meals in the coming weeks. [100 points]
    JAN 9: Nutrition 100%, kettlebell workout done. [100 points]
    JAN 10: Nutrition 100%, 70 min nordic ski. [100 points]
    JAN 11: Nutrition 100%, day off. [100 points]
    JAN 12: Nutrition 100%, workout done. [100 points]
    JAN 13: Nutrition 100%, workout done. [100 points]
    JAN 14: Nutrition 100%, workout done. [100 points]
    JAN 15: Nutrition 100%, workout done. [100 points]
    JAN 16: Nutrition 100%, workout done. [100 points]
    JAN 17: Nutrition 100%, day off. [100 points]
    JAN 18: Nutrition 100%, 55 min nordic ski. [100 points]
    JAN 19: Nutrition 100%, workout done. [100 points]
    JAN 20: Nutrition 100%, workout done. [100 points]
    JAN 21: Nutrition 100%, workout done. [100 points]
    JAN 22: Nutrition 100%, workout done. [100 points]
    JAN 23: Nutrition 100%, workout done, +3 hours alpine skiing. [100 points]
    JAN 24: Nutrition 100%, day off. [100 points]
    JAN 25: 60 min nordic ski, going to skip last meal (feel full, no appetite)[99 points]
    JAN 26: Nutrition 100%, workout done. [99 points]
    JAN 27: Nutrition 100%, workout done. [99 points]
    JAN 28: I had an unscheduled off meal this morning, and will deduct a point. I'm disappointed, because I really wanted to finish out this month with 100 points, but I don't actually regret the meal. I was really jonesing for some breakfast cereal, and it made me feel fantastic! LOL. My carbs must be too low again. Workout done. [98 points]
    JAN 29: Nutrition 100%, workout done. [98 points]
    JAN 30: Nutrition 100%, workout done. [98 points]

I realize the month isn't quite over, but I do my measurements on Friday. Here they are:

January Challenge Measurement Totals:

• [*]Weight: -6 pounds
      [*]Waist: -2 inches
      [*]Hips: -1.2
      [*]Forearm: -.5
      [*]Wrist: -.2
      [*]Arm: -.3
      [*]Thigh: -1.5
      [*]Calf: -.25
      [*]Chest: -.9
      [*]BF: -4.4%

#12 Chopaholic, Dec 19, 2008
  13. lukeduke

lukeduke Active Member

I'm In!

Here's mine!:

COMMENT: I want to reduce my body fat to 10% and increase the functional strength of my core and lower body to better withstand the beating of running.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Run, weights
    Tuesday: Run, movement prep, foam role, rope stretching
    Wednesday: Weights, 30 cardio on bike or elliptical, medicine ball 200
    Thursday: Run, movement prep, foam role, rope stretching
    Friday: Run
    Saturday Long Run
    Sunday: Foam role, rope stretching

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Five-Six meals per day, one cheat meal per week.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 180.6
    BODY FAT: ?
    ARMS: 35 cm
    CALVES: 37 cm
    CHEST: 98.5 cm
    HIPS: 105.5 cm
    THIGHS: 58 cm
    WAIST: 94 cm

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

Jan 1: No post, -1 (99)

Jan 2: No post, -1 (98)

Jan 3: I was away for the holidays and haven't had a chance to post, so I am already starting from behind. Today's workout went well. Meals weren't exactly at the specific time that I normally eat, as I woke up a little late, but the number of meals was correct. -0 today! (98 total)

#13 lukeduke, Dec 19, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  14. Turk

Turk Active Member

starting weight 97 kg .

end weight 90kg . 7kg= about 15lbs i think

aim to workout everyday, to keep daily caloric intake low- NIL WHITE BREAD ,PASTA OR RICE

I`ll keep it simple.

waist size 40" 468.jpg

DAY 1- WEIGHT 96.5KG - 212.7LBS- SQUATS- 6 SETS, DIET - SKIM MILK/CEREAL ,PROTEIN SHAKES X3, SALAD SANDWICH WHOLEMEAL BREAD, GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST. 100 POINTS INTACT.

DAY2- 95.8KG- 211.2LBS- DIET - PROTEIN DRINK -WHOLEMEAL CHICKEN SANDWICH- BEANS -COFFEE- LEAN MEAT-SALAD-TEA- CARDIO HIGH INTENSITY

FEEL LIKE I WILL LOSE THE 15 LBS EASY!!!! 100 POINTS

DAY 3- 95.4KG 210.3 LBS - DIET- SO FAR EGGS- FRUIT SALAD -COFFEE-LEAN MEAT -SALAD-CORN -BIRTHDAY CAKE 1 PIECE ( MY SON`S !!)-RAN 3KM WITH 20LB VEST TO MAKE UP FOR IT- DEDUCT 1 POINT .....99 POINTS

DAY 4- 95.1KG - DIET - CEREAL/SKIM MILK -VEGTABLE TOAST- FRUIT JUICE IN BLENDER WITH ICE- HANDFUL CASHEWS- TUNA SANDWICH X2 IN WHITE BREAD -TEA ...........DEDUCT POINT FOR WHITE BREAD..98 POINTS - WORKOUT YET TO COME

DAY 5 - 95.5KG CEREAL/SKIM MILK/ FRESH JUICE, FRUIT SALAD, COFFEE, FISH/SALAD, LAMB CUTLETS , TUNA SANDWHICH -2HR CARDIO....98 PNTS

DAY 6 - 94.9KG EGGS FRESH JUICE-COFFEE-STUFFED CAPSICUMS-CORN -TEA- PROTEIN SHAKE CHEST/BICEPS ....98 POINTS

I THINK I`M STILL ON TARGET TO LOSE 7KG/15LBS !!! ANYTHING LESS IS FAILURE!!!!!!!

DAY 7 - 95.4KG - DIET- TOAST -FRESH JUICE- TURKEY /MAYONAIISE SANDWICH - TUNA SANDWICH -1 CAPSICUM/RICE/MINCE-TEA- PROTEIN DRINK - 1 HOUR CARDIO - DEDUCT 1 POINT FOR MAYO AND TOO MUCH BREAD......97 POINTS

DAY 8- NO POST........96 POINTS

DAY 9- 95.8KG - DIET - EGGS -FRESH JUICE- CHICKEN , SALAD, TEA, - COFFEE X2- RICE VEGETABLES - DEADLIFTS, CHINS , CURLS

DAY 10 NO POST -DIET OK BUT HAD WHITE BREAD DEDUCT 2 POINTS..94 POINTS

DAY 11- 95.2KG OR 209.8LBS- DIET CLEAN- 3KM RUN WITH 12 KG ~22LBS VEST..NEARLY HALFWAY THERE AND MY WEIGHT LOSS HAS STALLED A BIT ....EATING TOO MUCH , DESPITE IT BEING ` CLEAN `...MUST WATCH DIET MORE!!!!!

DAY 12- 95.9 KG- I DRANK 1.2LITRES OF WATER BEFORE WEIGH IN - DIET- FRUIT - 4 MUESLI BARS - 2 SANDWICHES - 2 COFFEES - 1/2 MANGO- 1 HR CARDIO....94 POINTS

DAY 13- NO POST-93 POINTS

DAY14- 95.4KG- DIET `NOT CLEAN `......92 POINTS

DAY 15 - NO WEIGH IN - DIET CLEAN- WEIGHT WORKOUT...........92 POINTS

DAY 16- NO WEIGH IN -DIET CLEAN - 160KG DEADLIFT PB !!

DAY 17-18 NO POST......DIET CLEAN.........90 PINTS

DAY 18 WEIGH IN -93.7KG........BRUTAL 1 HOUR CARDIO WORKOUT........DIET CLEAN BUT PLENTIFUL...90 POINTS
    DAY 19-NO POST 89 POINTS
    DAY20- NO POST 88POINTS

DAY 21- 94.5KG ATE CLEAN - WEIGHT WORKOUT

DAY 22 -95.4 KG NO WORKOUT -2HRS SLEEP

DAY 23- 93.7KG CLEAN EATING 2 HR CARDIO
    DAY 24 25 NO POST - ATE 1ST BIT OF JUNK FOOD FOR THE MONTH -DEDCUCT 3 P[OINTS..85 POINTS

DAY 26 - 94.1 KG CARDIO WORKOUT
    DAY 27- 94.5kg - morning workout

DAY 28 - 11 HOUR WORK DAY - NO WORKOUT - DIET CLEAN ...84 POINTS

DAY 29- STARTED EARLY MORNING WORKOUTS -TODAY CHEST BICEPS- DIET - NIL BREAKFAST-COFFEE, WHITE 2 SUGAR- TUNA SANDWICH , TEA- COFFEE- LAMB , SALAD- DID NOT WEIGH IN. 84POINTS
    DAY 30-31- DIET NOT CLEAN BUT NOT TERRIBLE .......

TOTAL WEIGHT LOST FROM DECEMBER 26 (98.1KG) TO JAN 31 ( 94.8KG) = 3.3KG .....3.6 KG SHORT OF MY TARGET

#14 Turk, Dec 20, 2008
  15. Durwood

Durwood Well-Known Member

GOAL: To drop a few pounds. (month 2)

COMMENT: I want to eat clean and get my body moving.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: 45 mins cardio/weights.
    Tuesday: 45 mins cardio/weights.
    Wednesday: 45 mins cardio/weights.
    Thursday: 45 mins cardio/weights.
    Friday: 45 mins cardio/weights.
    Saturday: REST DAY.
    Sunday: 45 mins cardio/weights.
    The above exercise to be supplemented with as much walking as possible.

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Five meals per day, one cheat meal per week (optional).

STARTING STATS
    HEIGHT 6'5"
    WEIGHT: 274 (8lb drop from Dec '08)
    BODY FAT: unknown
    CHEST:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG
    Jan 1: Food good; Gym closed; 40 mins Reebokstep plus 1.5hr walk.
    -0 points [100 points]
    Jan 2: Food good; 50 mins weights.
    -1 point for late update[99 points]
    Jan 3: RESTDAY. Food Good.
    -0 points [99 points]
    Jan 4: Food good; 50 mins cardio.
    -0 points [99 points]
    Jan 5: Food good; 45 mins Weights. 1.5hr walk
    -0 points [99 points]
    Jan 6: Food good; 50 mins cross-trainer. 1hr walk (sore knee)
    -0 points [99 points]
    Jan 7: Damaged knee - no training. Unscheduled comfort cheat meal.
    -2 points [97 points]
    Jan 8: Exercised damaged knee 3 x 40 mins. Diet good..
    -0 points [97 points]
    Jan 9: Food good; 50 mins cross-trainer. 1hr walk.
    -0 points [97 points]
    Jan 10: Food good; 45 mins Weights. 1hr walk
    -0 points [97 points]
    Jan 11: No training. scheduled cheat meal.
    -1 points [96 points]
    Jan 12: Food good; 45 mins cross-trainer.
    -0 points [96 points]
    Jan 13: Food good; 50 mins weights.
    -0 points [96 points]
    Jan 14: Food good; 50 mins cross-trainer.
    -0 points [96 points]
    Jan 15: No training. Unscheduled cheat meal.
    -2 points [94 points]
    Jan 16: Food good; 45 mins Weights. 1hr walk
    -0 points [94 points]
    Jan 17: RESTDAY. Food Good.
    -0 points [94 points]
    Jan 18: Food good; 1hr Weights. 1hr walk
    -0 points [94 points]
    Jan 19: Food good; 50 mins cardio.
    -0 points [94 points]
    Jan 20: 45 mins Weights. Unscheduled cheat meal.
    -1 points [93 points]
    Jan 21: Food good; 30 mins cross-trainer. 2hr walk
    -0 points [93 points]
    Jan 22: 45 mins cross-trainer, 40 mins weights, 2hr walk. Unscheduled cheat meal.
    -1 points [92 points]
    Jan 23: Food good; 45 mins cross-trainer.
    -0 points [92 points]
    Jan 24: RESTDAY. Food Good.
    -0 points [92 points]
    Jan 25: Food good; 50 mins Weights. 2hr walk
    -0 points [92 points]
    Jan 26: Food good; 50 mins cardio.
    -0 points [92 points]
    Jan 27: Food good; 40 mins Weights. 2hr walk
    -1 late update points [91 points]
    Jan 28: Food good; 45 mins Weights. 1.5hr walk
    -0 points [91 points]
    Jan 29: No training. Unscheduled cheat meal.
    -2 points [89 points]
    Jan 30: Food good; 45 mins Weights. 1hr walk
    -1 point for late update [88 points]
    Jan 24: RESTDAY. Food Good.
    -0 points [88 points]

#15 Durwood, Dec 20, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  16. MrsGoldsen

MrsGoldsen Active Member

January '09

1/31/09 Pretty good on the diet.

End stats:
    Weight:124
    Slightly less bulging hips: 36.5
    Still quite flabby thighs: 21.25

1/30/09 Pretty good on the diet. Wonderful meal at Terra Cotta in Tucson. Too bad it's closing. Informal exercise outside with the kiddo.

1/29/09 Pretty good on the diet. At least for dinner. Breakfast and lunch were catch as catch can. Pretty tired, so I'm calling it a rest day.

1/28/09 Informal exercise with the kid. Hacked away at the mean bushes again. Will get on the bike later. Good on the diet.

1/27/09 Informal exercise with the kid. Getting on the bike as soon as he goes to bed.

1/26/09 Off to get on the bike, as soon as House is over (still gotta sew up her head....)

1/25/09 Good on the diet. Informal exercise outside with the kid. Will put in a half hour on the bike once he goes to bed.

1/24/09 Pretty good on the diet, though I had crap at the movies. Informal exercise, and lots of needed rest.

1/23/09 Good on the diet here. Was up at 1:30 AM with fire dept. re: malfunctioning smoke alarms.......a rest day to say the least.

1/22/09 Raining here. And it would seem when it rains it pours. Hab worker quit, two candidates today are unlikely to want to work with the kiddo, and smoke detectors went off twice within a few minutes this morning, and have since gone off about 4 more times. Might be dust, but I don't have a ladder, so I have to go get one of those super long duster thingies. Anyway, I'm off to try to beat the stress with a nice session on the bike and episode of House. Just what the doctor ordered......

1/21/09 Good on the diet. Worked just under 2 hours out in the yard. I'm planning on doing a lot of yard work in addition to the bike 3-4 times a week, since it combines two of my big goals: burn some calories and get the weeds in the yard under control.

1/20/09 Worked out once while in Vegas ($25 gym fee.......). I certainly didn't indulge like some others I saw, but for me, this was for sure a weekend of extra calories and some lazy time. I do believe mental health is as important as physical health, and this was a much needed mental health break weekend. Scale says I'm 3 pounds heavier. Some is excess calories, but I do think some is water weight, given how much salt I took in, and since the estimated calories just don't add up to 3 pounds of fat. Time will tell. Regardless, it's time to get back into the routine. I'm off to sign up for Feb.'s challenge.

1/15/09 Good on the diet. Off to do a half hour on the bike and then pack for Vegas. Probably won't be on a computer until I get home super late Monday evening.

1/14/09 Good on the diet. Ended up doing an hour on the bike last night and another half hour tonight. I'm going to Vegas Friday, and here are my health goals while I'm there: relax all day Saturday at the Luxor spa, wear ear plugs both nights at the concert so noise induced hearing loss doesn't get worse, 1/2 hour on bike each day, not gain any weight.

1/13/09 Good on the diet. Mild headache, so I'm going to go light on the bike tonight. Did about 10 minutes yard work before I concluded that the weeds are going to win.....at least for today.

1/12/09 Good on the diet. Off to do the bike after the kid falls asleep and this cat gets out of my lap.

1/11/09 Good on the diet. 100 sit ups. Off to do the bike after I do my Tooth Fairy duties, and my husband gets off the bike (he's really made an effort lately, which is awesome).

1/10/09 Pretty good on the diet. Rest day.

1/9/09 Pretty good on the diet. 1 hour of moderate yard work. I'll do a half hour on the bike after the kid goes to bed. I haven't cut sweets out of my diet entirely, just cut back on frequency and amount. I figure a small scoop of ice cream is better than complete denial and then eventual break down and can't take it and eat a whole bowl. I'm pleased to say my waist has lost an inch! :)

1/8/09 Pretty good on the diet. Interviewed for the most boring job on the planet, agonized over real estate, and endured small child's music therapy session. Off to try to stave off depression symptoms on the bike while watching my new DIRECTV SERVICE!!!!! Unlike Cox, they show up, and IT WORKS!!!!!!!!! This is so cool!!!!!!!! (I'd rather have the house sold, but at least I can watch TV while I work out.)

1/7/09 Good on the diet. Hacked away at a vicious tree with thorns and was blocking the chi by my front door. I won. Also did a half hour on the bike.

1/6/09 Good on the diet. Did a half hour on the bike and 50 sit ups. Still have a lingering headache and slight tension in the back.

1/5/09 Good on the diet. Half hour on the bike. Can't seem to shake a pounding headache and a sore back today. Off to bed.

1/4/09 Good on the diet. Planted some aloe vera plants I got on freecycle. Did a half hour on the bike.

1/3/09 Good on the diet. Mild yard work (man, I've got a lot of weeds......). Off to do a half hour on the bike.

1/2/09 Good food wise. Informal exercise in the form of yardwork. Lord knows it needs to be done.

1/1/09 Great food wise today. Herby turkey on a "softwich" at Brugger's, some mooched Sprite from my kid's cup, 5 or 6 clemintines as snacks, and a very impressive and wonderful med. salad with pasta and grilled chicken breast. Did 1/2 hour on the bike. Off to do some crunchs and a little upper body.

Haven't set my goals yet, but I'm in.:tu: Actually, my one goal so far is to do each month's challenge next year.

Starting stats:

Weight: 128 (damn holidays)
    Flabby thigh: darn close to 22 inches, I'm sorry to report
    Bulging hips: 38, yikes

#16 MrsGoldsen, Dec 20, 2008
  17. Jim1986

Jim1986 Active Member

GOAL: To become more active in my first month. This month I'm not too worried about sticking with everything and I want 30 days of consistent healthy eating and research to plan for Feb/March/April. I hope to stay above 80 points, that will be my goal.

COMMENT: I won't have access to a Gym for a while, I don't know when I'll have it; my job provides free gym access only after I pass my "trial" period, which should be within the next week. This is my first challenge and I plan on doing more, so this month I'm focusing on cutting down on alcohol, smoking, and eating better.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE (Until I have gym access opens this is very basic, will edit this when I have it)
    Monday: ??
    Tuesday: ??
    Wednesday: ??
    Thursday: ??
    Friday: ??
    Saturday: ??
    Sunday: ??

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Four meals per day, Three when working busy hours where I can't get away from the bar as I am a barman and it can be busy, most times it is not, so I can sneak off for a sandwich and a drink. Out of my control unfortunately. Healthy food only this month.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: Unknown as of yet
    BODY FAT: Unknown as of yet
    ARMS: Unknown as of yet
    CALVES: Unknown as of yet
    CHEST: Unknown as of yet
    FOREARMS: Unknown as of yet
    HIPS: Unknown as of yet
    THIGHS: Unknown as of yet
    WAIST: 42 inches
    To be updated when I get a tape and scale.

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG
    JAN 1: New years. Didn't miss a meal, no cardio planned for today. Will have to get gym access very soon.
    [100 pts]

JAN 2: 2 normal meals aten, then ate out with friends who i hadnt seen in a long time, got the healthiest thing they had on offer but I'm deducting a point. I got gym access today, so I'm going to do some cardio tomorrow and tomorrow work out a weight lifting routine. Also hoping to pick up some scales tomorrow and I'm ordering a myotape soon for measurements.
    [99 pts]

JAN 3: Done cardio, ate meals, working on a weights routine I hope to start tomorrow.
    [99 pts]

JAN 2: Blah blah blah
    [100 pts]

JAN 4: Blah blah blah
    [100 pts]

JAN 5: Blah blah blah
    [100 pts]

JAN 6: Blah blah blah
    [100 pts]

JAN 7: Blah blah blah
    [100 pts]

JAN 8: Blah blah blah
    [100 pts]

JAN 9: Blah blah blah
    [100 pts]

JAN 10: Blah blah blah
    [100 pts]

JAN 11 Blah blah blah
    [100 pts]

JAN 12: Blah blah blah
    [100 pts]

JAN 13: Blah blah blah
    [100 pts]

JAN 14: Blah blah blah
    [100 pts]

JAN 15: Blah blah blah
    [100 pts]

JAN 16: Blah blah blah
    [100 pts]

JAN 17: Blah blah blah
    [100 pts]

JAN 18: Blah blah blah
    [100 pts]

JAN 19: Blah blah blah
    [100 pts]

JAN 20: Blah blah blah
    [100 pts]

JAN 21: Blah blah blah
    [100 pts]

JAN 22: Blah blah blah
    [100 pts]

JAN 23: Blah blah blah
    [100 pts]

JAN 24: Blah blah blah
    [100 pts]

JAN 25: Blah blah blah
    [100 pts]

JAN 26: Blah blah blah
    [100 pts]

JAN 27: Blah blah blah
    [100 pts]

JAN 28: Blah blah blah
    [100 pts]

JAN 29: Blah blah blah
    [100 pts]

JAN 30: Blah blah blah
    [100 pts]

JAN 31: Blah blah blah
    [100 pts]

#17 Jim1986, Dec 21, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  18. J.Smitty

J.Smitty Active Member

WORKOUT SCHEDULE:
    Monday: 5 Mins LISS Cardio <and/or> 20 Mins HIIT Cardio. Ab work only if doing HIIT, as warmup.
    Tuesday: Back, Triceps (Pullups Day as well)
    Wednesday: 45 Mins LISS Cardio <and/or> 20 Min HIIT Cardio. Ab work only if doing HIIT, as warmup.
    Thursday: Chest
    Friday: Forearms, Biceps & Shoulders <or> Legs
    Saturday: Legs <or> Forearms, Biceps & Shoulders
    Sunday: Rest

Note If I drink on Friday, then Saturday's workout will be performed on Sunday after a detox/rest on Saturday.

MEAL SCHEDULE:
    6 Meals a day, aiming for the first at 8:00am, and the last one at 8:30pm. Allowing a maximum of 30mins - 1 hour + per day.

STARTING STATS:
    Measurements not important. So I will keep it to:
    Weight: 171 lbs
    Bodyfat: 17.5% (as of last Thursday, I will keep this as a starting marker until Feb.1st though)

DAILY LOG:
    JAN 1: Drank heavily and ate insane the night before. Only cheat night I've had in all of December aside from a relatively light (out of diet) christmas dinner. Woke up 7am as usual today, detoxed, followed all meals to a tee and got a chest workout in in the evening instead of the afternoon (to allow as much space from the time alcohol was consumed the night before as possible).
    - 100 pts
    JAN 2: Up at 7, cardio in the morning, ate all meals on time with exception of 3:30 one which got pushed back to 4 due to the excessively busy gym. Legs worked today. Last meal at 8:30/9:00, then off for a sitdown with an old friend and a bottle of scotch.
    - 100 pts
    JAN.3: Last night's plans rearranged. Didn't drink. Woke up at 7, did cardio. All meals on time except post-workout meal, pushed to 4 thanks to a killing arms/shoulders workout. Every other meal on time, hectic day - but 100% complete.
    - 100 pts
    JAN.4: Rest day today. Eating first meal after I post this. Will be out & about today, so I'm updating this now. Packing meals - No unscheduled meals or problems in sight for today.
    - 100 pts
    JAN.5: Almost missed a meal last night thanks to a freak blizzard on the way home. Got off the bus after 20 some odd power outages, walked home 14 blocks in a violent blizzard and ate on time. Damn rights!
    Did LISS cardio for 45 mins this morning, meals on time so far. Possibly will get HIIT cardio & abs work in tonight, not part of my plan but a bonus if I have time for it. End of day update: barely got my 6:00pm meal in. Way to much to do today to get in a second cardio workout. Tomorrow will rip things up.
    - 100 pts
    JAN.6: Up extremely early today. Instead of just sitting around and waiting til my first scheduled meal of the day, I ate 2 1/2 hours (time between my meals always) early, and did my back workout in the AM. Great idea, I will have an extra whey in water today to extend my meals from 6 to 7 for the length of the day. Have a million things to do today, so this was definitely a good idea. Not deducting any points because everything is on schedule just begun earlier than usual. Will update if anything goes wrong.
    - 100 pts
    JAN.7: Phew, almost forgot this update :doh:Today was rough, millions of things, tons of stressors, almost broke and ate something unscheduled. Pulled through though, everything on time and as scheduled.
    - 100 pts
    JAN.8 - 11: Had a taste of Brazil and this won't stop until February. Opportunity called, I answered.
    Challenge failed, but well worth it. :bb:
    - 0 pts.

#18 J.Smitty, Dec 22, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  19. hed

hed Well-Known Member

COMMENT: I'll be under the tutelage of Mastover

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    3 days a week of cardio and lifting sessions

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Will vary depending on the day. 3 cheat meals for the month

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 233 lbs
    ARMS: 15.75"
    CHEST: 43.75"
    HIPS: 44"
    THIGHS: 27.75"
    WAIST: 43.75" at navel

END STATS
    WEIGHT: 227 lbs - (lost 6lbs)
    ARMS: 16" - (gained .25")
    CHEST: 41.375" - (lost 2.375")
    HIPS: 43.5" - (lost .5")
    THIGHS: 27.75" - no net change)
    WAIST: 42.75" - (lost 1")

DAILY LOG

JAN 1: Gym was closed today so I was unable to train. Had all my meals. -1
    [99 points]

JAN 2: Did my cardio and had all my meals.
    [99 points]

JAN 3: Had one of my cheat meals for the month. I was able to have my training and cardio sessions. Also had all my meals.
    [99 points]

JAN 4: Slept in and therefore missed a meal. -1
    [98 points]

JAN 5: Was able to perform my training sessions and was spot on with my meals. 0 pts
    [98 points]

JAN 6: Was able to perform my lifting and cardio sessions and was spot on with my meals. 0 pts
    [98 points]

JAN 7: Off day from training. Had all my meals. 0 pts
    [98 points]

JAN 8: Yet another day off from training. I hate non-training days. Had all my meals. 0 pts
    [98 points]

JAN 9: Did my cardio. Had all my meals. 0 pts
    [98 points]

JAN 10: Was able to perform my lifting and cardio sessions and was spot on with my meals. 0 pts
    [98 points]

JAN 11: Was able to perform my lifting session. No cardio today. I also had all my meals. 0 pts
    [98 points]

JAN 12: Did my cardio. I also had all my meals. 0 pts
    [98 points]

JAN 13: Was able to perform my lifting and cardio sessions and was spot on with my meals. Man, my updates are boring. 0 pts
    [98 points]

JAN 14: Off day from training. Had all my meals. 0 pts
    [98 points]

JAN 15: Off day from training. Had all my meals. 0 pts
    [98 points]

JAN 16: Was able to perform my lifting and cardio sessions and was spot on with my meals. 0 pts
    [98 points]

JAN 17: Was able to perform my lifting and cardio sessions and had all my meals. However, I went out with some friends had a couple of beers and some snacks -1 pts
    [97 points]

JAN 18: Off day from training. Woke up late and missed a meal. Also had a scheduled cheat meal. -1 pts
    [96 points]

JAN 19: Was able to perform my lifting and cardio sessions. I forgot to eat my last meal of the day. -1 pts
    [95 points]

JAN 20: Off day from training. Had all my meals. 0 pts
    [95 points]

JAN 21: Off day from training. Had all my meals. 0 pts
    [95 points]

JAN 22: Was able to perform my lifting and cardio sessions and was spot on with my meals. 0 pts
    [95 points]

JAN 23: Was able to perform my lifting and cardio sessions and was spot on with my meals. 0 pts
    [95 points]

JAN 24: Off day from training. Had all my meals. 0 pts
    [95 points]

JAN 25: Was able to perform my lifting and cardio sessions and had all my meals. Had an unscheduled cheat meal -1 pts
    [94 points]

JAN 26: Performed my cardio session and had all my meals. Had an unscheduled cheat meal -1 pts
    [93 points]

JAN 27: Was able to perform my lifting and cardio sessions and had all my meals. 0 pts
    [93 points]

JAN 28: Off day from training. Had all my meals. 0 pts
    [93 points]

JAN 29: Off day from training. Had all my meals. 0 pts
    [93 points]

JAN 30: Was able to perform my lifting and cardio sessions and had all my meals. 0 pts
    [93 points]

JAN 31: Off day from training. Had all my meals. 0 pts
    [93 points]

#19 hed, Dec 22, 2008
  20. bbgurl21

bbgurl21 Active Member

100 Challenge - a girl's experience

GOAL: Reducing

COMMENT: I'm dropping 35 lbs of fat and reducing my bf from 28% to 10-14%

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Weight Training; Cardio: 20-30 mins
    Tuesday: Cardio: 30-45 mins
    Wednesday: OFF
    Thursday: Weight Training; Cardio: 20-30 mins
    Friday: Cardio: 30-45 mins
    Saturday Weight Training; Cardio: 20-30 mins
    Sunday: Cardio 30-45 mins

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Four to five clean meals per day, one cheat meal per week.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 173 lbs
    BODY FAT: 28%
    ARMS: 11.75 in (relaxed); 12.5 in (flexed)
    CHEST: 39 in
    HIPS: 42 in
    THIGHS: 23.5 in
    WAIST: 37 in (eww gross!)

MID-MONTH STATS
    WEIGHT: 166.5 (lost 6.5 lbs!)
    BODY FAT: 27.1 (lost 0.9%!)
    ARMS: 11 in (relaxed) lost 0.75 in! 12.5 (flexed)
    CHEST: 38 in (lost 1 in!)
    HIPS: 41 in (lost 1 in!)
    THIGHS: 23 in (lost 0.5 in!)
    WAIST: 36 (lost 1 in!)
    Total lbs lost to date: 6.5 lbs
    Total Fat % lost to date: 0.9%
    Total inches lost to date: 4.25 inches

END STATS
    WEIGHT: 164.5 (lost 2 lbs!)
    BODY FAT: TBD
    ARMS: TBD
    CHEST: TBD
    HIPS: TBD
    THIGHS: TBD
    WAIST: TBD
    Total lbs lost to date: 8.5 lbs
    Total fat % lost to date:
    Total inches lost to date:

DAILY LOG

JAN 1: 4 clean meals today so far, will get one more protein meal in around 8:00 pm. Worked out in new gym today. Weight training: full body. Cardio: 20 mins cycling. Off to a good start!
    -0 pts [100 pts]

JAN 2: 4 clean meals today. Cardio: Eliptical 40+ mins (stupid thing kept breaking and I had to keep restarting the clock! But I know for sure I did between 40-45 mins). No deductions today!
    -0 pts [100 pts]

JAN 3: 3 clean meals today, 1 cheat meal for the week. Weight Training: Starting 3-week routine with leg emphasis. Cardio: chased my kids around the backyard for 20 mins......literally! They loved it!
    -0 pts [100 pts]

JAN 4: 4 clean meals today. Cardio: 42 mins on eliptical. 4 days down, 27 to go!
    -0 pts [100 pts]

JAN 5: First day at my new job! 5 clean meals today. Weight Training: Legs emphasis routine. Should be in bed right now but staying up to watch the Texas v Ohio State bowl game. HOOK 'EM!!! (that's right, I said it!) :)
    -0 pts [100 pts]

JAN 6: What an awesome day! Well, maybe not for Ohio State fans (sorry). :( 5 clean meals again today. Dragged myself to the gym to do my cardio: 48 mins recumbent bike. Looking forward to a day off from the workouts tomorrow, I must admit.
    -0 pts [100 pts]

JAN 7: 5 clean meals once again today! Seems odd that it's easier for me to get 5 meals in while I'm at work as opposed to 4 meals when I'm at home! Ah well. No workout today - much deserved rest day. Until tomorrow.........
    -0 pts [100 pts]

JAN 8: 5 clean meals again! Was a little reluctant to go to the gym today - just so tired. But, once I got into my workout, I was glad I went. Weight Training: Legs-emphasis routine (week 2). Cardio: 20 mins on the eliptical. Enjoying the FSU v OU game now. Go Gators! Beat the Boo-Hoo-mer Sooners!
    -0 pts [100 pts]

JAN 9: 4 clean meals so far. Off to meet old friends for dinner. I'll be spot-on for my 5th meal, though, thanks to planning ahead! Cardio: 45 mins recumbent bike.
    -0 pts [100 pts]

JAN 10: 5 clean meals. Wasn't as easy this time, but I fit 'em all in! Went to lunch with my folks at this deliciously sinful diner. It was a pure test of will to sit there with my plain grilled chicken salad while they all scarfed cheeseburgers and home-made french fries. But, I passed and my hips will soon thank me for it! ha ha! Weight Training: Legs-emphasis routine (week 2). Cardio: 30 mins
    -0 pts [100 pts]

JAN 11: Well, I lost a couple of points today. Did great on my meals except for #4 when I got to work. Didn't plan ahead appropriately and so I had an unscheduled cheat meal. Not too bad of a cheat - plain grilled chicken sandwich from the deli and baked potato chips - but a cheat, nonetheless. Also, due to the circumstances of the day I didn't get to the gym to do my cardio. Not gonna beat myself up about it (too much), but I HATE losing points! Grrrr!
    -2 pts [98 pts]

JAN 12: Just 4 meals today, but all of them clean. Boy, after almost a week of 5 meals a day, I sure noticed the absence of my 5th meal today! Things should get back to normal here in a few days....which will make planning a lot easier. Weight Training: Legs-emphasis routine (week 2). I think I'm going to extend this routine one more week for a total of four weeks. Cardio: 20 mins recumbent bike.
    -0 pts [98 pts]

JAN 13: Today's my first clinic day in Nursing School so I gotta post this a little early or I won't get it done in time. Just finishing my 3rd clean meal for the day. Planned ahead and packed 2 more clean meals to take to clinic tonight, which will give me a total of 5 clean meals for the day. Cardio: 32 mins recumbent bike. I'll update in the morning if anything changes.
    -0 pts [98 pts]

JAN 14: Whew what a day! Full school schedule plus clinic! But I made it! 3 clean meals plus my scheduled cheat meal (during clinical) for a total of 4 meals today. No workout today as it is my off day. Exhausted and going to bed.
    -0 pts [98 pts]

JAN 15: 5 clean meals today. Soooooo tired. Starting to find a rhythm, though, for this semester. Should get a little easier. Weight Training: Legs-emphasis routine (week 3). Cardio: Jogging 20 mins @ 70-90% heart rate.
    -0 pts [98 pts]

JAN 16: no post

JAN 17: Wow, it's starting to get really tough now! Came home last night and totally fell asleep on the couch! Slept right through my workout and update! Hubby felt bad for me so he just let me sleep and didn't even wake me. Today was a little better, though. Ate 4 clean meals and had my cheat for this week (small piece of cake at a baby shower). Still exhausted from the week and this is my last chance to go to bed before 10 pm for a couple of months so I'm gonna take it. So, to keep score: -2 points for no workout and no update yesterday and -1 point for no workout tonight.
    -3 pts [95 pts]

JAN 18: Got up early so I wouldn't miss my workout today. 4 clean meals today. Cardio: 45 mins recumbent bike. Off to bed!
    -0 pts [95 pts]

JAN 19: 4 clean meals today. Weight Training: Legs-emphasis routine (week 3). Cardio: 20 mins jogging @ 80% HR.
    -0 pts [95 pts]

JAN 20: 4 clean meals today. Cardio: not done yet - planning on 30-40 mins stair-stepper this evening after the kids go to bed. Will update if that changes.
    -0 pts [95 pts]

JAN 21: Well, I didn't get to my stair-stepper last night. Nursing school is kicking my butt! But that's no excuse. *sigh* So, I've lost one more point. It's gonna be the last point I lose!!!! 4 clean meals today, which was a challenge, but I stuck to the plan. Scheduled rest day.
    -1 pt [94 pts]

JAN 22: 4 clean meals today with one more planned at 8:30pm to bring me to five for the day. Weight Training: (Legs-emphasis routine - Final Week!) Cardio: Recumbent bike 15 mins. Gotta finish homework now!
    -0 pts [94 pts]

JAN 23: No update. But ate 4 clean meals and did my cardio.
    -1 pt [93 pts]

JAN 24: No update. 5 clean meals. No workout.
    -2 pts [91 pts]

JAN 25: No update. 5 clean meals. No workout.
    -2 pts [89 pts]

JAN 26: No update. 4 clean meals. No workout (gym closed due to ice storm).
    -2 pts [87 pts]

JAN 27: Ok, I feel like a dirtbag, now. I was sooooooooooooo tired this weekend but I should have just grit my teeth, pushed through my workouts and stayed up to do my updates. I am so mad at myself for losing all those points! But, I've been lax for far too long. It's about time I get a little tough on myself. 5 clean meals today and even though the gym is still closed, I found my old stair stepper and did 30 minutes at 80-90% max heart rate (I was still pretty upset so I worked myself pretty hard as payback). Tomorrow is a scheduled "rest" day but, since school is closed I'm gonna try and make it to the gym, if it's open, or at least get on the stair-stepper again. I'm gonna finish strong and let that momentum carry over into February's challenge!
    -0 pts [87 pts]

JAN 28: 5 clean meals today. Scheduled rest day, but no workout - gym still closed. Should be open tomorrow, though.
    -0 pts [87 pts]

JAN 29: 4 clean meals today. Gonna try and get one more in before 8. Weight Training: Full body. Cardio: Jogging at 80-90% max heart rate for 20 minutes.
    -0 pts [87 pts]

JAN 30: 4 clean meals today. Cardio: 30 mins stair-stepper. Long day tomorrow so, off to bed!
    -0 pts [87 pts]

JAN 31: Final day! Woot! Woot! 4 clean meals today plus my cheat for the week. Weight Training: Legs, Shoulders.
    -0 pts [87 pts]

#20 bbgurl21, Dec 22, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.