1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

John Stone's January 2007 "100 Challenge" (Completed)

Discussion in '"100 Challenges"' started by John Stone, Dec 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE CHALLENGE HAS BEGUN. NO MORE ENTRIES ALLOWED FOR THIS MONTH'S CHALLENGE!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions belong in this thread.

This premise of this challenge is pretty simple: Each participant starts the month with 100 points. A point is deducted each time a workout is missed, a meal is missed, an unscheduled "cheat" meal or snack is consumed or a daily update to your official challenge post is missed. The goal, of course, is to finish the month with 100 points!

Here are the rules:

1) The challenge begins on January 1, 2007. You must have your starting post up by 7:00 AM (EST) on January 1, 2007.
    2) It doesn't matter if you are cutting, bulking or maintaining. The common goal here is 100% consistency.
    3) Each person participating in the challenge should start a post in this thread by the cut-off time. Your Official Challenge post must be updated each and every day. The updates won't take long (examples below). If you miss an update, you must deduct a point. Please note that you should edit your existing Official Challenge post--don't start a new post every day.
    4) Miss a workout for any reason, deduct a point.
    5) Miss a meal for any reason, deduct a point.
    6) Eat an unscheduled "cheat" meal or snack, deduct a point.

Feel free to post before/after pictures if you like (optional).

Of course this challenge is based on the honor system. You can cheat, but that would be pointless.

Here's an example Official Challenge post (feel free to copy and paste, substituting your own information):

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sample Official "100 Challenge" post

GOAL: Cutting

COMMENT: I want to reduce my body fat to 8%.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: chest & triceps (PM)
    Tuesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
    Wednesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: back & biceps (PM)
    Thursday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
    Friday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: delts & traps (PM)
    Saturday Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: legs (PM)
    Sunday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, one cheat meal per week.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 200 pounds
    BODY FAT: 9.8%
    ARMS: 16.75"
    CALVES: 16.5"
    CHEST: 42.75"
    FOREARMS: 13.5"
    HIPS: 38.75"
    THIGHS: 24"
    WAIST: 32.5"

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG (Note: Each entry should be completed the day after, or at the end of the same day after all meals/workouts are completed. Please be sure to keep a running total of your points, as shown below.)

JAN 1: I did my cardio and ate all meals as scheduled.
    -0 points [100 points]

JAN 2: My car broke down and I missed my back workout. I walked to Burger King for dinner and had an unscheduled cheat meal.
    -2 points [98 points]

JAN 3: I missed my cardio today, but ate all meals as scheduled.
    -1 point [97 points]

JAN 4:

JAN 5: I missed yesterday's update, but I did my delts and traps workout yesterday, and ate all meals as scheduled (including my scheduled cheat meal). Today I did my cardio, ate all meals as scheduled and did my leg workout.
    -1 point [96 POINTS]

You get the idea.....

2. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

I will not be participating in this month's challenge, as I will be on vacation for the first half of January.

Even though I'll be on vacation, I will be working hard and adhering to my strict cutting diet and workout schedule!

Good luck to the January 2007 "100 Challenge" participants. Work hard!

3. Hmac58

Hmac58 Active Member

Goal: Cutting

Comment: December was horrible, I want to see serious change by summer, I don't have any time to wasted.

Workout Schedule
    Monday - elliptical, 45 min (fasted, aerobic)(AM) - weight training (back and traps)(PM)
    Tuesday - elliptical, 45 min (fasted, aerobic)(AM) - weight training (chest and abs)(PM)
    Wednesday - elliptical, 45 min, (fasted, aerobic)(AM)
    Thursday - elliptical, 45 min (fasted, aerobic)(AM) - weight training (legs)(PM)
    Friday - elliptical, 45 min (fasted, aerobic)(AM) - weight training (arms and shoulders)(PM)
    Saturday - elliptical, 45 min (fasted, aerobic)(AM)
    Sunday - elliptical, 45 min (fasted, aerobic)(AM)

Meal Schedule
    6 meals per day per SGX, 1 cheat meal per week. I'm going to try and skip cheat meals through January at least.

Starting Stats
    Weight: 250 lbs

I don't keep track of other stats at this point because I've found I too easily obsess over numbers (especially weight). My goal is consistency and self-disclipline.

Jan 1: (100 points) - I started the month off great so far - I ate like crap over the weekend and decided I wasn't going to mess around anymore. I was worried I'd eat some garbage today but I've stuck to my meal plan and things are going well so far. Great day, I'm excited about really working hard in the coming months. Getting up at 5:15 in the morning for cardio is going to be tough, but I am going to do it.

Jan 2: (100 points) - Nailed my cardio this morning, it felt great. I wanted to get another hour of sleep but got my fat butt out of bed. I'm thinking about starting a count down to summer, it will be here before we know it and there is no time to waste now. Hit all my meals today and lifted this evening, great day.

Jan 3: (99 points) - missed my morning cardio because I overslept - I was PO'd about that, my alarm went off and I guess I didn't wake up enough to realize it had gone off.

Jan 4: (99 points) - made cardio this morning, got all meals in and lifted this evening.

Jan 5: (99 points) - did cardio this morning, feeling great. got all meals in, although I'm craving junk food - tomorrow will be difficult.

Jan 6: (99 points) - hit my cardio this morning, woot! going to have a cheat meal tonight, I've got to keep it reasonable though. Had my cheat meal, I didn't go overboard like usual - and hopefully I'll get right back on track tomorrow with cardio and proper meals.

Jan 7: (98 points) - I don't feel like eating all my meals today - but I don't feel like eating junk either, I'm just not hungry this morning after my cheat meal last night. Probably going rollerskating with my family later for a couple hours, that will replace my cardio for the day. We had pizza tonight - that was not part of the plan :-(

Jan 8: (97 points) - missed cardio, but eating correctly, looking forward to a good week.

Jan 9: (97 points so far) - managed to get some cardio in, despite staying up late the night before, all meals and lifted this evening.

Jan 10: (96 points) - missed update, got everything else right.

Jan 11: (96 points) - did cardio this morning, all meals and leg workout this evening, good day.

Jan 16: - the last few days have been hectic - due to power outages, family needing help and dealing with icy trees falling down in my yard, I haven't been able to keep up with eating properly or posting. I'm knocking myself down to 75 points as of now. I haven't done cardio on the elliptical but I've been working in the yard with a hand saw cutting up trees to have them taken away once this disaster is over. (75 points)

Jan 17: (74 points) - had an unscheduled snack tonight

Jan 23: (49 points) - had a terrible past few days - missed meals, workouts and updates. I lifted last night and did cardio this morning. I'm trying to get started again this week. This makes 2 months in a row that I've done awful. I don't feel like working out at all right now, I'm forcing myself to go this week though. There are things I want to accomplish and there is no time to waste.

Jan 24: (48 points) - missed cardio this morning - I'm not going to track the rest of the month, I've got issues at work that are stressing me out and I can barely focus on getting through life right now.

#3 Hmac58, Dec 23, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  4. Nowhereman

Nowhereman Well-Known Member

GOAL: Bulking

COMMENT: Get to 180 lbs.

I did bulk up a bit from the start of the month. I grew in some good places (and bad places), but my bodyfat stayed about the same. I'll keep trying to bulk up next month

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Off
    Tuesday: Lower Body ME
    Wednesday: Off
    Thursday: Upper Body Repetition
    Friday: Off
    Saturday Lower Body Repetition
    Sunday: Upper Body ME

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, 2 cheat meal per week.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 167 pounds
    BODY FAT: 16.3%
    ARMS: 13"
    CALVES: 14"
    CHEST: 37.5"
    FOREARMS: 11.5"
    HIPS: 37"
    THIGHS: 23"
    WAIST: 34"

END STATS
    WEIGHT: 173
    BODY FAT: 16.23%
    ARMS: 13.5
    CALVES: 14.75
    CHEST: 38
    FOREARMS: 11.75
    HIPS: 37.5
    THIGHS: 23.5
    WAIST: 35.5

DAILY LOG

JAN 1: Pretty uneventful day off. Tommorow I workout the lower body.
    -0 points [100 points]

JAN 2: I had a cheat meal and an excellent lower body workout.
    -0 points [100 points]

JAN 3: I forgot update.
    -1 points [99 points]

JAN 4: I had all my meals yesterday and I had a pretty good last day off.
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 5: Had my other cheat meal yesterday and my workout. My shoulder exercise went pretty well, same goes for my curls.
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 6: I had 2 cheat meals today :( .
    -2 points [97 points]

JAN 7: Another cheat meal. I have been bad with the cheat meals lately. I did do my leg workout though.
    -1 point [96 points]

JAN 8: No cheat meals yesterday. Had my upper body ME day, it went well.
    -0 points [96 points]

JAN 9: I had a cheat meal yesterday. I feel pretty tired this morning. I need to make sure I go to sleep a little earlier today.
    -0 points [96 points]

JAN 10: No cheat meals yesterday and I worked out on lower body. I did better in almost all the sets.
    -0 points [96 points]

JAN 11: Day off yesterday. I finished some of my food I have to go but more today. Hope I don't forget.
    -0 points [96 points]

JAN 12: I had a late workout yesterday. I did not improve as much as I wanted this week. I'm going to change some of these exercises for next week.
    -0 points [96 points]

JAN 13: I had my second cheat meal yesterday. My weight is down a little from last week. I do feel that I lost weight though. I'll check my Bodyfat tommorrow.
    -0 points [96 points]

JAN 14: Missed workout yesterday. Had all my meals though
    -1 points [95 points]

JAN 15: Woke up super late today. I had a so so workout yesterday. I will need to change it for next week. I had a cheat meal yesterday.
    -1 points [95 points]

JAN 16: Had my second cheat meal yesterday.
    -0 points [95 points]

JAN 17: I had a nother great lower body workout. I improved in every exercise..
    -0 points [95 points]

JAN 18: Day off and I decided to eat a little more yesterday. Not a cheat meal just more of the good stuff.
    -0 points [95 points]

JAN 19: I had some dificulties getting to the gym yesterday and I had to workout at home. Lucky for me it was Repetion day and I did not need a lot of weights, I needed to make some modifications, as I do not have the machine to do the pulldowns. I opted to do chin ups.
    -0 points [95 points]

JAN 20: Got a late start. I ate a lot yesterday, all good meals. Good day off.
    -0 points [95 points]

JAN 21: Missed my workout and I had another cheat meall.
    -2 points [93 points]

JAN 22: Missed yesterday's workout.
    -1 point [92 points]

JAN 23: Day off. I upped my calories a bit.
    -0 point [92 points]

JAN 24: I worked out yesterday and I lifted more than the previous week on every exercise. I have been thirsty a lot these past few days. I'm not sure why.
    -0 point [92 points]

JAN 25: Day off yesterday. I have been confused with the days this week. I thought today was friday.
    -0 point [92 points]

JAN 26: I had a cheat meal yesterday before my workout and boy was my I sluggish. No more cheat meals before workouts.
    -1 point [91 points]

JAN 27: Whoa. I forgot to update.
    -1 point [90 points]

JAN 28: I was in a car accident yesterday. Everything is fine and I still managed to get all my meals in and my workout.
    -0 points [90 points]

JAN 29: I had all my meals but I did not workout.
    -1 point [89 points]

JAN 30: Wow this month went by quick. Just one more day. I had all my meals yesterday.
    -0 points [89 points]

JAN 31: I"m getting rides to places and yesterday. I had a choice to make. Food or Gym. I can't grow without food so I decided to go to the groceries. I will go to the gym today though.
    -1 point [89 points]

#4 Nowhereman, Dec 23, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  5. Gila Monster

Gila Monster Well-Known Member

I'm in again.

Major Goal: Get to 16% fat (lose 4kg/8.8lbs of fat)

This Month's Goal:
    A slow and easy cut.
    Drink 3 liters of water per day.
    Eat at least 3 pieces of fruits and/or vegetables per day.
    Write down whatever I ate during the day (rather than keep the 5 meals regeme which I doubt I'll succeed this month.

Comments
    *Test* Snacks will be allowed everyday, after lunch only, in small quantities. The purpose of this cheat fest is to allow me to keep my sanity through the end of semester.

STARTING STATS [kg / lbs] : [cm / inches]
    WEIGHT: 57.5kg/126.76"
    BODY FAT: (according to healthcentral)
    (fat: LBM: ) 20.8% (11.43kg fat, 45.72kg muscle).
    BICEPS: 25.2cm/9.92"
    FOREARMS: 22.1cm/8.7"
    HIPS (Standing with feet about 4 inches apart): 91cm/35.82"
    THIGHS: 54.5cm/21.45"
    WAIST (measured at the narrowest part of the torso): 71.1cm/28"
    BELLY (measured 2 inches below belly button): 84.5cm/33.26"
    CALVES: 33.2cm/13.07"
    BUTT (measured at widest part): 94.6cm/37.24"

W/O routine
    :
    Sunday - rest
    Monday - Cardio (fasted in the morning if possible).
    Tuesday - Chest, shoulders, Triceps
    Wednesday - Cardio (fasted in the morning if possible).
    Thursday - Back, Traps, Biceps, Abs
    Friday - Cardio (fasted in the morning if possible).
    Saturday - Legs, Lower Back.

Point count: 86

Daily Log

[Week 1]

Jan 1 2007: Did fasted cardio. 2.5km 15:05. Drank all water ate 50 gr. of oats, 1 protein scoop, 1 tbsp of demerara sugar, 1 med. apple, 236 gr. of broccoli, 1 chicken leg, some potatoe mash, some boiled cabbage, 1 chocolate bar (220 calories), 4 bisquits, 1 pomelo fruit, 2 pieces of bread, 3 slices of pastrama, cup of tea with 1 tsp. of d. sugar.

Jan 2 2007: Did my w/o (yey ^^), drank all water. Ate: 100 gr. of oats + 2 tbs of sugar + 2 whey scoops, 1 med. apple, 3 bisquits, 2 pieces of bread, 3 slices of salami, 1 pomelo fruit, some chicken breast + some cauliflower + spoonfulls of kuskus + 1 potato slice from the cafeteria, tea w. 1 tsp. of sugar, 1 cup of latte, 9 Brazil Nuts, 1 chocolate snack (120 cal.), 1 scoop of whey + 1 scoop of dextrose (50 gr.) - PWOM.

Jan 3 2007: Ate: 50 gr. of oats, 1 tbsp of sugar, 5 Brazil nuts, some meat balls, 1 chocolate snack (220 cal.) 1 pomelo fruit, 16 crackers with cottage cheese. Had an evening run (2.5 km 13:39. Yay!). Drank enough water.

Jan 4 2007: Did my w/o, had enough water. Ate: 100 gr. of oats, 56 gr. of demerara sugar (oats and tea sweetner), 2 protwin scoops, 1 halva snak (120 cal.), 1 med. apple, 1 pomelo fruit, 1 protein scoop + 1 dextrose scoop (50 gr.) - PWOM, 16 crackers (480 cal.) with some cottage cheese.

Jan 5 2007: Did tomorrow's w/o (that means that tomorrow I'll do today's jog), drank all the water. Ate: 1 med. apple, 2 scoops of whey, 28 gr. of demarara sugar, a cup of latte with 20 gr. of d. sugar, an itty bitty slice of chocolate cake, 4 Brazilll nuts, 12 crackers with 250 gr. of cottage cheese, 5 meatballs, some spaghetty, a vegetable salad.

Jan 6 2007: Had a nice evening run (2.5 km in 13:30 :tucool: ), drank all water. Ate: 7 crackers and 250 gr. of cottage cheese, 1 small chicken leg, 2 baby potatos, 1 chocolate snack, some chocolate cake (I might have went a bit overboard with that one so here goes my first poin (-1)), a pomelo fruit, 4 brazil nuts, 50 gr. of oatmeal, 1 scoop of protein powder, 1 tbsp of demerara sugar.

[Week 2]

Jan 7 2007: Rest day. had my water. Ate: 1 med. apple, 50 gr. of oatmeal, 14 gr. of sugar, 1 whey scoop, 15 crackers with cottage, 1 pomelo fruit, 1 piece of bread with 3 slices of pastrama, 29 rice crisps, 1 obnoxious rice cookie, some vegetable salad.

Jan 8 2007: Drank all my water. Ate: 100 gr. of oatmeal, 29 gr. of demerara sugar with it, 2 protein scoops. 13 bisquits with 250 gr. of cottage cheese, 1 chocolate snack, 1 apple, 5 brazill nuts, 1 pomelo fruit, 15 whole wheat crisps. I had what has had to be the most pleasurable run I've had in a really long time! I didn't feel exhausted or out of breath even once - I felt like I was flying! There's something about running at 11 PM outside when the streets are empty and welcoming you to uncover their misty veil. It was absolutely amazing! (2.5 km 15:15 BTW. Although I'm beginning to think that this particular route is longer than 2.5 km).

Jan 9 2007: Did my w/o, drank all water. Ate: 100 gr. of oats, 2 tbsp of d. sugar, 1 bun and 5 slices of pastrama, 5 bisquitss, 1 latte and 11 gr. of sugar, 6 crackers with cottage cheese, 2 eggs and 1 avocado, half an onion.

Jan 10 2007: Drank all my water. Ate: 2 apples, 1 pomelo fruit, 1 bun with omelette, 1/2 a bagel with cheese, 500 ml of chocolate milk 3%, 6 bisquits, 3 tiny chocolate candy. Didn't do my run because by the time I got home from college (10 pm) I was physically unable to, having slept for about 5 hours every night the past few nights. (-1)

Jan 11 2007: By the time I finished all the things I had to do, I felt really tired and didn't feel like working out at all. I was about t hit the bed but then I decided to toughen it up and keep that one point, so I did the planned w/o! It wasn't that great, but I'm really glad I decided to work out despite being tired. Drank plenty of water. Ate: 100 gr. of oats, 128 gr of apple, 2 scoops of protein powder, 2 tbsp. of d. sugar, 15 crackers with cottage cheese, 2 slices of bread and 3 slices of pastrama, pomelo fruit, 4 pieces of cherub chocolate and a nature cookie, had 1 scoop of protein powder and 1 scoop (50gr) of dextrose (PWOM).

Jan 12 2007: Drank enough water, Ate some cherub chocolate, a health cookie, 100 gr. of oats + 2 scoops of protein powder + 2 tbsp. of d. sugar, lots of cauliflower. Missed cardio (-1).

Jan 13 2007: I postpooned my w/o for tomorrow. Drank plenty. Ate: The usual oatmeal concoction, 5 wheat puffs, 1 pomelo fruit, some salad, home made pizza and a thin slice of a b.day cake.

[Week 3]

Jan 14 2007: Did yesterday/s leg w/o - it went pretty nicely! :) Drank all my water, ate: My oatmeal, 1 apple, 1 pomelo fruit, 2 slices of bread + 3 pieces of pastrama, 1 chocolate bar, another slice of bread + 3 pieces of pastrama, some cauliflower.

Jan 15 2007: Ate some cauliflower, the usual oatmeal, crackers with cottage cheese, a chocolate snack (240 cal.), 2 slices of bread and 3 slices of pastrama. Drank plenty of water. I'm posponing today's jog for tomorrow, I'm still gonna do tomorrows planned w/o.

Jan 16 2007: Drank barely enough water, ate: the usual oatmeal, half an apple, a pomelo fruit, 2 slices of bread + 3 slices of pastrama, a little pitta bread with some hummus, 2.5 bisquits, 1 chocolate snack (241 cal.), some cauliflower. I did yesterday's jog in teh morning. I'm supposed to have a weight lifting session today but I am in no condition to do it having spelt for 4-5 hours the past few nightsm, so my plan is as follows: Wednesday - do today's w/o (chest, shoulders, triceps). Thursday - DO wednesday cardio in the morning and the planned w/o in the evening (Back, biceps, traps, abs).

Jan 17 2007: I missed my w/o again - due to tight schedule. I'm moving it to one final date - this Friday, but here goes a point (-1). Ate: 1 pomelo fruit, 2 slices of whole wheat bread, tuna, an egg, lots of cauliflower, some pumpkin seeds. I must get some more sleep... :(

Jan 18 2007: Today is the last day of semester! So, I shall become more dilligent - no more postpones, no more excuses. I'm going to follow the planned schedule to the dot. Next month I am planning to make some meal concerning goals. Did my work out :-))). Ate: A bread bun with some beggies and an egg, The usual oatmeal,3 bisquits, 1 apple, pomelo fruit, that's it! :eek: I'm eating awfully little!

Jan 19 2007: Ate: 1 apple, 50 gr. of oatmeal, 1 whey scoop, 1 tbsp of sugar, some nuts, some strawberries, 2 slices of bread, 6 slices of pastrama, 1 pomelo fruitץ Drank enough water. I missed today's planned w/o and run (-2), there's absolutely no excuse for that but my lazines. I shall do tomorrow today's w/o and tomorrow's planned w/o. Weight lifting is very important to me as I would like to clinge to every bit of muscle, esp. now that I'm cutting.

Jan 20 2007: Had a chest w/o in the morning. I'm also planning to do today's leg w/o, but if I feel too I will postpone it to Sunday and will not deduct a point for that. Ate: 1 apple, 50 gr of oats+12gr of d. sugar+csoop of protein powder, a pomelo fruit, 50 gr of oats+12gr of d. sugar+csoop of protein powder, 3 brazill nuts

[Week 4]

Jan 21 2007: Did leg w/o, ate: 50 gr. of oats+1 tbsp of d. sugar, 1 scoop of whey, 1 apple, 1 turkey breast steak, some salad, some spaghetti (very little, maybe 20 gr), a pomelo fruit, another steak, some more spaghetti, a little icecream (170 cal), 1 scoop of protein powder, 1 scoop of dextrose (50 gr.) - PWOM. Had a leg w/o, water intake was ok.

Jan 22 2007: Ate: 100 gr. of oats, 2 tbsp. of d. sugar, 2 scoops of whey, an avocado salad with 2 eggs, a pomelo fruit, 2 bisquits, a chocolate snack, some yellow beans, a little cauliflower. Drank enough. W/o: here's the deal. I was supposed to run today BUT since apparently there's some sort of an anual running competition in my town and I didn't rest on sunday, I'm turning this day to a rest day and I will do today's run tomorrow during the contest, and the planned w/o later.

Jan 23 2007: Drank plenty of water, ran in the competition (5km, 26:15), ate: 50 gr. of oats, 1.5 tbsp of d. sugar, 1 scoop of protein powder, 1 big bread roll (whole wheat) with pastrama and some hummus, 15 crackers with cottage cheese, 5 bisquits, ate a little chocolate after the competition. DOdn't eat any fruits or veggies (-1), didn't w/o (-1) because the running competition left me feeling ill and with a splitting headache. I will do the w/o tomorrow since I don't wanna miss any, but a point is gone for not sticking to schedule.

Jan 24 2007: Drank barely enoughwater, didn't do the planned carsio or w/o (-2). I didn't update on time so i can't remember what I ate except that it was fairly clean (-1).

Jan 25 2007: Did today's w/o (back, biceps, traps). I'm also planning to do yesterday's run in the evening. Ate: 50 gr of oatmeal + 1 tbsp of d. sugar, + 1 scoop of protein powder, some meat, a nice salad, a halva snack, 1 scoop of p. powder + 1 scoop of dextrose (50gr) - PWOM, a chocolate snack

Jan 26 2007
    : Ate: The usual oatmeal, 1 apple, 1 pomelo fruit, half a roastbeef sandwich (I'm never eating one of those again!), some honey, some veggies and 2 slices of v\bread with butter. Did my planned run, 2.5 km, didn't measure time though. DIdn't do tuesday's w/o, but I'm not going to deduct a point because I already have done so on tuesday. I would like to do the w/o on sunday. Drank barely enough water.

Jan 27 2007: Ate: 50 gr. of oatmeal + 1 tbsp. of d. sugar + 1 scoop of protein powder, an apple, a chicken breast with some salad some icecream, some crackers, 8 brazil nuts, a pomelo fruit., some meatballs and a salad. missed w/o. (-1). drank water.

[Week 5]

Jan 28 2007: Ate: 120 gr. oatmeal and the other stuff, a pomelo fruit, a steak, some salad, some bagels, some crackers. Didn't drink enough water. (-1)

Jan 29 2007:
    Jan 30 2007: Missed 2 updates (-2) and 2 planned work outs (-2). I've been feeling a bit lethargic lately and even though working out could easily fix that, i kept postponing my exercises till it was rather late in the evening. Another thing, this whole "writing down meals" thing is not working. I will not write down what I ate anymore and will only write down wether I exercised or not.
    Jan 31 2007:

END STATS [kg / lbs] : [cm / inches]
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT: (according to healthcentral)
    (fat: LBM: )
    BICEPS:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS (Standing with feet about 4 inches apart):
    THIGHS:
    WAIST (measured at the narrowest part of the torso):
    BELLY (measured 2 inches below belly button):
    CALVES:
    BUTT (measured at widest part):

Conclusions

* It's so much easier to be persistant with my work outs when I let my diet a bit looser.
    * I will not deduct any points for manipulating the w/o days as long as I manage to do all the planned work outs within the week and in a sensible fasion, meaning that I will NOT concentrate all planned weight lifting sessions or planned cardio in one day. I will be allowed to have 1 weight trainng session and 1 cardio in the same day, but not more. My Studying scedule is pretty demanding and I need to be able to "juggle" with my sport time.
    * This whole "eat whatever healthy I want and whenever I want" is not working. 1'st it takes too much of my time to write down every little thing I eat 2'nd it does not contribute my goals. I shall return to the usual meal planning.

#5 Gila Monster, Dec 23, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  6. Rando

Rando Active Member

GOAL: Reduce body fat to 8% or less. Gain or maintain muscle.

COMMENT: I lost 1lb a week throughout 2006 (down from 210lbs, 35%BF in 12/05). This year I'm adding weight lifting and a cleaner diet to my plan. I'd like to reduce my body fat to 8% in preparation for a bulking cycle in the second half of 2007. This is my first experience with weight lifting.

CONCLUSION: Thanks to participating in this challenge, I have a better understanding of the relationship between consistency and results. Through the 4th week of this challenge, I developed a fairly good set of results with moderate consistency. Unfortunately, it all fell apart the final week which was more than enough to offset everything I gained up to that point. I didn't achieve any progress toward my cutting goals but at least I did end up with a bit more muscle than I started with. Unfortunately I added a nearly equal amount of fat -- not quite a disaster but perhaps to be expected for my first month off of my year long cut.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Cardio, 30 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: shoulders & triceps (PM)
    Tuesday: Cardio, 30 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: back & calves (PM)
    Wednesday: Cardio, 30 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: Abs (PM)
    Thursday: Cardio, 30 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: chest, biceps & forearms (PM)
    Friday: Cardio, 30 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
    Saturday Cardio, 30 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: quads & hams (PM)
    Sunday: Cardio, 30 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: Abs (PM)

MEAL SCHEDULE
    5-6 meals per day, 1 cheat meal (or less) per week

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 155.5 lbs / 136 lbs LBM
    BODY FAT: 12.5% / 19.5 lbs
    ARMS: 11.75"
    CALVES: 14.75"
    CHEST: 39"
    FOREARMS: 10.75"
    HIPS: 36.25"
    THIGHS: 20.75"
    WAIST: 31"

END STATS
    WEIGHT: 157 lbs (+1.5 lbs) / 137 lbs LBM (+1 lbs)
    BODY FAT: 13% (+.5%) / 20 lbs (+.5 lb)
    ARMS: 12.25" (+.5")
    CALVES: 15" (+.25")
    CHEST: 39.25" (+.25")
    FOREARMS: 11" (+.25")
    HIPS: 36.5" (+.25")
    THIGHS: 20.75"
    WAIST: 31.25" (+.25")

DAILY LOG

[Week 1]

JAN 1: Cardio, 5 meals + workout to plan.
    -0 points [100 points]

JAN 2: Cardio, 6 meals + workout to plan. Snacked on some garbage cereal in the pantry. Can you believe they make Special K with Chocolate chunks in it? I'm going to count that as an unplanned cheat meal and deduct a point.
    -1 points [99 points]

JAN 3: Cardio, 5 meals + 2nd mini cardio test session on my new Sole F85 treadmill! Automatic heart rate control is slick. w00t!
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 4: Cardio, 6 meals + workout to plan.
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 5: Cardio and 6 meals to plan. I manged to make clean selections at a restaurant but got roped into a slice of cake after words. Fortunately, I had a cheat meal to spare this week. :D
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 6: Had a large list of things to do in the AM so I wasn't able to do fasted cardio. In fact, I didn't do my cardio at all. :( Eating and lifting went according to plan.
    -1 points [98 points]

[Week 2]

JAN 7: I did intervals on the new treadmill -- they kicked my butt! I ate 5 meals. They were clean but not exactly to plan since the kitchen was mostly empty in the AM. I had almost snagged a Bowflex Xtreme 2 for $500 but it was sold about 5 minutes before I got there. :( I already own a Bowflex Elite but I don't really like changing the cables around between excercises (waists time). I knocked out a second set of intervals in the PM.
    -0 points [98 points]

JAN 8: I did cardio and worked out to plan. I ate 5 meals + cheated with taffy chews, chocolate covered pretzels and even some garlic rice cake chips. It seems like once I give in, I just grab everything bad in site. I've got to go the whole week now without cheating again -- we'll see how that works out. By the way, does anybody else smell those rotten eggs? Beware Go Lean Crunch! :D
    -0 points [98 points]

JAN 9: I did my morning cardio and ate my morning meals to plan. I did stomach vacuum's while on the freeway. Unfortunately, things fell apart in the PM. I had some junk food (-1), played Warcarft and ended up missing a meal (-1). To make matters worse, I skipped my PM workout. (-1). This feels bad. :(
    -3 points [95 points]

JAN 10:

JAN 11: Missed my update yesterday (-1) but did morning cardio to plan, ate all meals plus an extra snack on cereal (-1) and also made up my missed workout from the day before. Today, I did morning cardio and a workout to plan. I ate five meals but the timing was wrong. I ended up going 5 hours between meals 3 and 4. (-1)
    -3 points [92 points]

JAN 12: Morning cardio to plan. I was running late and in a rush forgot to bring my shake and sandwich to the office (5 hours meeting) -- so I eneded up missing a meal. (-1)
    -1 points [91 points]

JAN 13: Morning cardio, meals and workout to plan.
    -0 points [91 points]

[Week 3]

JAN 14:

JAN 15: I missed an entry yesterday (-1) but I had stayed up late the night before and ended up missing my morning cardio and then blowing cardio off all together (-1). I had brunch with friends and selected an egg white and veggie omlet but also ate some scallped potatoes that with it (-1). Because of the late start, I only managed 4 meals but also ended up munching on stuff throughout the day (-1). Today, I got another late start but still managed to get in my fasted cardio. I mixed it up a bit this morning by jogging a mile at 6mph followed by another at 7mph. That's the first time in my life that I've ran more than a mile! I ate 5 meals but the nutrition balance was a little more carb leaning than planned (-1).
    -5 points [86 points]

JAN 16: I missed on my fasted cardio (-1) again but did manage to get it in later in the day prior to my evening work out. Meals and work out were to plan.
    -1 points [85 points]

JAN 17: Cardio and 6 meals to plan.
    -0 points [85 points]

JAN 18: Cardio, 6 meals and workout to plan.
    -0 points [85 points]

JAN 19: Cardio and 6 meals to plan.
    -0 points [85 points]

JAN 20: Cardio and workout to plan. I got a late start and only managed 4 meals. (-1)
    -1 points [84 points]

[Week 4]

JAN 21: Cardio and 5 meals to plan.
    -0 points [84 points]

JAN 22: Cardio meals and workout to plan
    -0 points [84 points]

JAN 23: Cardio and workout to plan. I stayed up late again last night and was dragging arse this morning. I only managed 2 meals and a PWO shake today (-2). On the positive side, I scored a Powerblock 5-45 set with stand for < $100!
    -2 points [82 points]

JAN 24: Cardio and 5 meals to plan.
    -0 points [82 points]

JAN 25: Cardio and 5 meals to plan. I finally picked up a used Bowflex Xtreme 2 last night but in doing so, missed my workout (-1). I'll make it up on my off day tomorrow.
    -1 points [81 points]

JAN 26:

JAN 27: Missed an update yesterday (-1) but did cardio and 5 meals + cheat to plan. Also made up a missed workout from the day before. Today I did cardio but only had 2 good meal (-3). I spent the day and evening at a bachelor party drinking and eating junk (-1). Needless to say, my schedule workout didn't happen either (-1). I'll make it up on my rest day tomorrow.
    -6 points [75 points]

[Week 5]

JAN 28: After last night, I got a late start. I did fasted cardio and ate 2 clean meals and a PWO shake (-2) but also snacked on leftover junk from the party yesterday (-1). Made up my missed workout from yesterday. Hopefully everything will settle down over the next few days so I'll end up with some measureable progress for the end of the month.
    -3 points [72 points]

JAN 29: Things have just blown up of late and I'm not sure if participation in this challenge has been helpful or a hinderance. It's a viscious cycle. I make a mistake, then dread coming here to admit it, which only leads to more mistakes. I guess I'll have to watch that. Back to the task at hand. I did fasted cardio and a work out to plan. I ate 3 clean meals (-2) and some bbq chips (-1). Due to their timing, meals #1 and #2 were nearly on top of each other (-1). So much for finishing up the month strong. :(
    -4 points [68 points]

JAN 30: I got going on time today and finished up my fasted cardio. Because I'm still buying/selling/trading for the right mixture of work-out gear, I had to move up my evening work-out to the late AM. Still, I progressed so i'm not going to subtract a point. I managed 5 clean meals but the timing was off (-1) and also snacked at one point during the day (-1)
    -2 points [66 points]

JAN31: Morning cardio to plan. Missed meal #2 (-1), had oily Thai noodles with white rice for #3 (-1), #4 was good, but then I went and mucked it up by adding some garbage snacks (-1). Finished up with a clean #5.
    -3 points [63 points]

#6 Rando, Dec 23, 2006
  7. unionordeath

unionordeath Well-Known Member

GOAL: Cut fat, increase muscle mass. Also, I have been trying to improve my ice skating abilities.

COMMENT: I made great newbie gains during the November challenge, but December was nearly a bust. This is my third monthly challenge. I ended the December challenge with 82 points. I will definately have to beat that score this month. It's time to get more serious.

WORKOUTS:
    Sunday: Off
    Monday: Chest/Triceps P.M. ; P.M. Skating Lessons/Cardio
    Tuesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) A.M.
    Wednesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) A.M. ; Back/Biceps P.M.
    Thursday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) A.M./P.M. Skating Practice
    Friday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) A.M. ; Legs/Shoulders P.M.
    Saturday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) A.M.

MEALS: 5 clean meals, 1 PWO shake on weight lifting days. 6 clean meals on cardio-only days. One (optional) cheat meal per week (4 maximum cheat meals within the month).

JAN.01.07: Kicking things off right again. All meals in, all workouts in. Now let's see if I can revert to a normal bed time again :D
    -0 points [100 points]

JAN.02.07: I got up and did my morning cardio. I got all of my meals in, my last one of the night was a little later than usual, but got it in regardless. Let's keep this up.
    -0 points [100 points]

JAN.03.07: All meals as planned. All workouts as planned. Still trying to adjust to a normal bed time.
    -0 points [100 points]

JAN.04.07: Today was terrible. I could not fall asleep last night, despite going to bed at a normal time. I was in bed staring at my ceiling for 5 hours before I could fall asleep. I forced myself to wake up at my normal time so my schedule wouldn't be ruined. I've been grumpy, moody and sleepy all day. I missed my skating practice, but I managed to get a good cardio session in regardless. Ate all meals. Goodnight (finally).
    -0 points [100 points]

JAN.05.07: I stayed out with my buddies later than I expected. They all decided to go to a dessert restaurant after bowling, and since I wasn't driving I was obligated to accompany them. It was late already, so I ordered the healthiest thing on the menu which happened to be a yogurt and strawberry blended smoothie. Since I didn't cave into that crepe dish I was craving, and I needed the nourishment, and it was a healthy choice, it will count as my cheat meal for the week. Cardio and all other meals were golden.
    -0 points [100 points]

JAN.06.07: All meals as expected. Street hockey with guys in the afternoon. Ice hockey with the guys and girls at night. Fun day.
    -0 points [100 points]

JAN.07.07: All that running around on the street yesterday tired me out more than I thought. I'm glad I had today to recover. All meals as planned.
    -0 points [100 points]

JAN.08.07: I skipped my morning cardio workout today due to sore shins from all the street hockey running arounds on Saturday. I got my afternoon Chest/Triceps workout before heading off to Toronto to see Stone Sour at the Evanesence headliner concert. It was pretty good, but I would have liked to see Stone Sour headline the show and play more songs. I obviously didn't bring food to the show, so I grabbed a slice of pizza instead. Yeah, I know, not great, but better than nothing.
    -2 points [98 points]

#7 unionordeath, Dec 23, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  8. potto

potto Well-Known Member

GOAL: Cutting. Lift weights 5 times a week and keep calories under 3.5K. For a total of 8 lbs this month.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Rest
    Tuesday: Weights, and Cardio (30 minutes)
    Wednesday: Weights with legs, no cardio
    Thursday: Weights, and Cardio (30 minutes)
    Friday: Rest
    Saturday: Weights, and Cardio (30 minutes)/ If I go kayak fishing, then no cardio.
    Sunday: Weights, no Cardio

MEAL SCHEDULE
    5-6 meals per day, one cheat meal per week.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 230 pounds

END STATS
    WEIGHT:

JAN 1: It is my rest day. Kept calories under 3k, and went fishing.
    -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 2: Ate right, worked out and cardio for 30.
    -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 3: Ate right, worked out and rest on cardio.
    -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 4: Ate right, worked out on shoulders and arms. Cardio 30minutes.
    -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 5: Ate right, Rest. Work has me up all night working on Production.
    -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 6: Ate right, weights and Cardio. Worked on the yard.
    -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 7: Ate right, Leg workout and no Cardio. Upper body is sore.
    -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 8: Ate right, no workout today was rest. Tomorrow we are back to work
    -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 9: Ate right, cardio and weights for shoulders and arms.
    -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 10:Ate right, Leg workout and no Cardio. Legs are sore.
    -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 11:Ate right, Chest and Back. Legs are still sore.
    -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 12:Ate right, Rest.
    -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 13:Ate right, shoulders and arms workout with cardio. Cold here today 40 degrees this morning
    -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 14: Legs workout, no cardio. Ate right
    -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 15: Today REST, ate right
    -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 16: Ate right. Chest and back workout. Cardio for 25 minutes
    -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 17: Ate right, Leg workout. No Cardio
    -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 18:Ate right, Arms/Shoulders workout. Cardio for 25 minutes
    -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 19: Today sick, and rest
    -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 20: Leg work out, Worked on the yard and home, it took all day :(
    -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 21: Chest and Back, Cardio. Too many calories today.
    -1 points [99 points]
    JAN 22:Today rest, but I'm sick. Didn't eat right.
    -1 points [98 points]
    JAN 23: Shoulder workout plus Cardio plus kayaking. Whew! plenty of exercise.
    Ate right -0 point [98 points]
    JAN 24:Ate wrong, and Leg workout.
    -1 point [97 points]
    JAN 25: Ate wrong, didn't workout as planned.
    -2 point [96 points]
    JAN 26:Ate wrong, Chest and back with Cardio.
    -1 point [95 points]
    JAN 27:Ate wrong, No workout.
    -2 point [93 points]
    JAN 28:Ate wrong, No workout.
    -2 point [91 points]
    JAN 29:Ate right, Arms/Shoulders workout. Cardio for about 25 minutes
    -0 points [91 points]
    JAN 30:Ate right,Legs
    -0 points [91 points]
    JAN 31: Workout right but ate too much
    -1 points [90 points]
    weigh in tomorrow

#8 potto, Dec 23, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  9. Starrynight

Starrynight Well-Known Member

GOAL: Get my workout routine set for the next 8 weeks.
    Find and cook two healthy meals per week
    Post my workout my routine for reveiw by Tuesday 1/2/07

COMMENT:

WORKOUT SCHEDULE:
    Workout at least 3 days a week with weights and cardio

MEAL SCHEDULE
    EAT BREAKFAST!! have a snack EAT LUNCH! have dinner
    3 Cheats per week

DAILY LOG
    Week 1 Goal: Drink Tea in the morning instead of Deit Coke. Have a Glass of Milk.
    JAN 1: Worked out at the gym today. Ate Breakfast. Had a snack. Ate dinner.
    Foregot to eat Lunch. :(
    -1 Total Points: 99

JAN 2: Today it was back to work . I ate a healthy breakfast. I chopped up some left-over ham and diced a bell pepper and made an omelett. I packed my lunch today also. I didn't work out today I will work out tomorrow. I foregot to drink my milk this morning.
    -1 Total Points: 98
    Oh Yea here are
    my stats:
    weight-252 pds
    bicep- 14.5''
    wrist- 7"
    chest-42"
    waist-45"
    hip-52"
    thigh-51"
    calve-14.5"
    JAN 3: Foregot to drink my milk...again. Did total body workout I feel awesome!!
    -1 pt Total: 97

JAN 4: HOORAY I DRANK MY MILK IN THE MORNING!!!!!! :claphigh: I sorta procrastinated today on doing yoga. But I did it. Ate as planned.
    Total: 97

JAN 5: Day of rest
    Total: 97

JAN 6: Did lower body work out. Screw myself over on my planned eating.
    -3 points Total points: 94

Week 2 Goal: Drink Milk at Night. Pre-pare meals day before 2 LUNCH CHEAT

JAN 7: Did weights followed eat plan
    TP:94

JAN 8: Day of rest
    JAN 9: 30 min of cardio

JAN 10: Didn't work out :(
    -1 TP:93
    JAN 11: Did weights back on track :)
    TP: 93
    JAN 12: Cardio. Scheduled Cheat Lunch.
    Week 3 Goal:
    Make my dinners. Reduce my stress. :)
    JAN 13: Day of Rest

JAN 14: Feelin Great! :) did my workout and cardio... :)
    JAN 15: Did my cardio, and ate right.
    TP:93

JAN 16: Welp I blew it today. I was taken out for dinner. Then I didn't excerise. In all it was just a kruddy day!
    -2 TP: 91

JAN 17:

JAN 18:
    Week 4 Goal:
    JAN 19:

JAN 20:

JAN 21:

JAN 22:

JAN 23:

JAN 24:

JAN 25:

JAN 26:

JAN 27:

Week 5 Goal:
    JAN 28:

JAN 29:

JAN 30:

JAN 31:

#9 Starrynight, Dec 23, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  10. joatmon

joatmon Well-Known Member

My first one. I'm in. Info later.

11. eleonardo

eleonardo Well-Known Member

GOAL: To Cut or not to cut. -/- 3%BF in January.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    2x cardio
    3x weights

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, 1 cheat day per week

Entry: morning after

Final Points: 85

DAILY LOG

JAN 1: Easy day, since this was my cheat day :D
    -0 points [100 points]

JAN 2: Arms workout done!
    -0 points [100 points]

JAN 3: Back workout done! But, my pc broke down! :S Also, the night before I had one meal that wasn't 100% clean, so -1 ;[
    I do hope my pc gets fixed soon, otherwise I'll lose points.
    -1 points [99 points]

JAN 4: Missed one meal, due to falling asleep :D Bad sleeping habits after NY's catching up on me. PC still broken, so I might not be able to post in the weekend :(
    -1 points [98 points]

JAN 5: Nothing much going on today. Diet in order.
    -0 points [98 points]

JAN 6: Today was Leg day. It was hard walking to the showers.
    -0 points [98 points]

JAN 7: Nothing much again today going on!
    -0 points [98 points]

JAN 8: Today I am sick. :( So meals are not going as planned and the workouts I'll shift to another day.
    -2 points [96 points]

JAN 9: I'm still sick. So I couldn't do my workout. No worries though, I'll catch up at the end of the week. As for now I'm deducting a point.
    -1 points [95 points]

JAN 10: Workout done! Meals went like a charm. A good day :)
    -0 points [95 points]

JAN 11: Arm day today. It went very well. I was scribling something on a piece of paper and a guy walked up to me and said "If you can write, you are not exersizing right". He had a point :)
    At the end of the night I had a cheat meal. I didn't intend it to be a cheat meal, and it was planned in, but when I looked at the calorie list, it showed that my meal had a HUGE ammount of cals. So, although technically it was a planned meal, I'm still deducting a point for ignorance.
    -1 points [94 points]

JAN 12: I had 6 M&M's. Is that a cheat meal? Fine, -1 :P
    -1 points [93 points]

JAN 13: Pretty crappy, that my pc is still broken, so I cannot update every day!!
    -1 points [92 points]

JAN 14: Cardio done. Meals in order.
    -0 points [92 points]

JAN 15: A relaxing day. My gf bought Micked D's, but I managed to refrain from eating :D
    -0 points [92 points]

JAN 16: Back day. I especially like doing deads. They went as a charm, I even went up in weight for the second week in a row. I couldn't do my traps at the end, cuz I was completely dizzy. Prolle from lack of carbs. I'll just do them later on this week.
    -0 points [92 points]

JAN 17: Had a larger meal than supposed to. But the chicken I made was soooo good! :D
    I don't believe it's worth a point reduction, but in the spirit of "total clean", ill deduct one anyways.
    -1 points [91 points]

JAN 18: Back and abs day. I tried an ab machine for the first time, and I really liked it. One thing I hated with cable crunches is that they cut into my hands so much b/c of all the weight being used.
    -0 points [91 points]

JAN 19: Rest day. Diet in order!
    -0 points [91 points]

JAN 20: Weights planned, I'll have to move them to tomorrow, together with my cardio, or it'll cost me a point :O Other than that diet in order!
    -0 points [91 points]

JAN 21: Ooiiii I missed my weight session due to circumstances. I aint happy with that. But, dietwise it went like a charm, so Its all good!
    -1 points [90 points]

JAN 22: Weights done. Diet in order. Check, check.
    -0 points [90 points]

JAN 23: Had a nice chest/abs and traps workout. Diet was dandy.
    -0 points [90 points]

JAN 24: Cardio done. Had one unscheduled meal. Well...it was more like a few bites, but still! -1!
    -1 points [89 points]

JAN 25: Had a terrible back workout! Pain in knee as well. Blerghhh.
    -0 points [89 points]

JAN 26: Today was no workout day ((:-) Also salsa went wikid. It was really fun.
    -0 points [89 points]

JAN 27: Chaet day and chest workout. I love the combo!! =]
    -0 points [89 points]

JAN 28: Forgot to post today! Cardio done and cheat day ;)
    -1 points [88 points]

JAN 29: Rest day. Had one unscheduled meal :[
    -1 points [87 points]

JAN 30: couldn't post today
    -1 points [86 points]

JAN 31: last day! January went OK. Not great, but OK. Didn't post on time though.
    -1 points [85 points]

#11 eleonardo, Dec 24, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2007
  12. manolis

manolis Well-Known Member

GOAL: Undo holiday damage and get on a regular workout, work, and eating schedule. I also need to increase my flexibility and take care of some tendonitis in my shoulder, and a 6-month-old hip injury.

COMMENT: I will reduce my body fat to ~10% from the current ~14%

WORKOUT SCHEDULE

MEAL SCHEDULE
    5 meals per day, 2 'cheat' days per week (around maintenance calories)

DAILY LOG
    JAN 1: Ate 5 meals, no training (holiday w/ family... oh well :) ). I ate an additional meal at the end of the day and had drink... -2pts. 98pts
    Jan 2: Ate 5 meals, weights (Day 4). Left hip is still bugging the hell out of me from a windsurfing accident in June. Starting to worry I've torn the labrum...
    Jan 3: Ate 5 meals, did cardio edit - cookies at midnight -1 pt
    Jan 4: hit the gym today, and 2 meals to go
    Jan 6: Missed yesterday's update (was out all day, then went out with some friends and got back at 2am... oops) -1pt. Cheat day today!
    Jan 7: Cheat day. ate like a maniac all day...feels great. 50 minutes racing my buddy around the Rose bowl on our roadbikes, which was a blast, but my hip is waging war on me right now... mri time. -0pts.
    Jan 9: Didn't have internet yesterday, missed update. Missed workout, -2pts. I got back here (berkeley) at 5am after driving from LA last night, and then had an appointment with the orthopedist this morning at 9am... ouch. Doctors orders are to quit running, biking, and all leg workouts until he sees the MRI, which will be scheduled tomorrow :(. he said it's very likely that i have damaged the cartilage in my left hip... let the drinking begin! 5 meals today, no workout (was planned leg day) -1pt
    Jan 10: 5 meals down, updating and walking out the door to hit the gym! -0pts
    Jan 11: no update -1pt
    Jan 12: ate 5 meals, no cardio due to hip... (rats...)
    Jan 13: no update -1
    Jan 14: 5 meals, LISS cardio instead of lower body day (waiting to see the doc wednesday)
    Jan 15: 5 meals, gym closed -1pt
    Jan 16: 5 meals, hit the gym. Going in for the MRI tomorrow AM
    Jan 17: cheat day, arthrogram hurt like hell this morning, can barely walk right now... is it supposed to do that? :doh: got to wait till NEXT thursday to get the stupid MRI looked at.
    Jan 18: 5 meals, walked 4 miles, going to walk another one.
    Jan 19: No update, no gym. I had a screaming fever, and then came to update the site and my internet was down. gave up after 30 minutes or so... my dedication is limited :) -2
    Jan 20: Still got a crazy fever...shoveling food down anyhow, but probably going to call it a day at 4 meals instead of 5 today. -1pt
    Jan 23: Allow me to correct myself - fever didn't get crazy until I went out saturday night. Sunday was spent in bed with the walls spinning at times... 2 'meals', not a gram of protein, and sure as heck no workout . -4pts? Today ate 5 meals, and lifted (back... shoulder bugging me again...). Also walked 4.5 miles
    Jan 24: 5 meals
    Jan 25: Hip surgery time soon. f&*@!! wasn't hungry, didn't eat -2, lifted
    Jan 26: going to lift 4 meals down, 1 to go

#12 manolis, Dec 24, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  13. groomy

groomy Well-Known Member

COMMENT: I want to end the month looking leaner than when I started. I've added a few kilos in the past couple of months (not all of it muscle unfortunately). My training has been consistent and I'm putting in good, regular sessions in the gym. I need to be as consistent with my nutrition. Hopefully this challenge and daily "reminder" will keep me in check.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Max-OT Mon-Fri
    Cardio (300-500 calories per session) at least 4 times per week.

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day totalling around 2500 calories. Macros should be around 50:30:20 (P:C:F).
    NO ALCOHOL.

Only two days planned to be slightly off diet. Jan. 13th (my Uncle's 60th birthday) and Jan. 26th (my sister's birthday). These days will be eat-out for night time meal, so may not be exactly as I would normally have. These are the only two days that I plan to have a "cheat" meal.

WATER
    At least 4 litres per day

STARTING STATS::
    WEIGHT: 241 pounds

[​IMG]
    END STATS::
    WEIGHT: 222.5 pounds

[​IMG]

DAILY LOG

JAN 1: Everything according to plan -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 2: Everything according to plan -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 3: Everything according to plan -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 4: Everything according to plan -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 5: Everything according to plan -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 6: Everything according to plan -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 7: Everything according to plan -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 8: Everything according to plan -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 9: Everything according to plan -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 10: 10 days down and still going strong...!! Everything according to plan -0 points [100 points]
    JAN 11: Mishap with some mixed nuts! -1 points [99 points]
    JAN 12: Everything back on track -0 points [99 points]
    JAN 13: Planned day of rest! -0 points [99 points]
    JAN 14: No mishaps today!! -0 points [99 points]
    JAN 15: Everything according to plan -0 points [99 points]
    JAN 16: Everything according to plan -0 points [99 points]
    JAN 17: Not enough water and late with meal 4 :( -2 points [97 points]
    JAN 18: Not enough water again!! -1 points [96 points]
    JAN 19: Added a meal that wasn't there (cheat!) -1 points [95 points]
    JAN 20: Not enough water. Went out for Chinese (another unplanned cheat!) -2 points [93 points]
    JAN 21: Everything was perfect today! -0 points [93 points]
    JAN 22: Another great day! -0 points [93 points]
    JAN 23: A trouble-free day! -0 points [93 points]
    JAN 24: Not enough water -1 points [92 points]
    JAN 25: A good day -0 points [92 points]
    JAN 26: A good day with planned cheatmeals accomplished -0 points [92 points]
    JAN 27: It's getting easier to stay on track :) -0 points [92 points]
    JAN 28: Nearly there! Another great day -0 points [92 points]
    JAN 29: It appears to get easier to stay on track the longer you stay on track. -0 points [92 points]
    JAN 30: Almost there -0 points [92 points]
    JAN 31: Month ended with a cheat meal -1 points [91 points]

#13 groomy, Dec 24, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  14. Jayce

Jayce Active Member

I'll deff. be in on this one, ill post up my info once i get my new northbridge fan installed on my a8nsli, it locks up otherwise.

15. mason

mason Well-Known Member

COMMENT: To lose 8lbs by the end of January.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday:
    Tuesday:
    Wednesday:
    Thursday:
    Friday:
    Saturday:
    Sunday:

MEAL SCHEDULE
    At this time no meal schedule is being adhered to. Just watching what I eat closely and eating in moderation.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 178 pounds
    BODY FAT: ~23.85%
    ARMS: 14" flexed
    CALVES: N/A
    CHEST: 40"
    FOREARMS: 10.5
    HIPS: 36.1
    THIGHS: 21.9
    WAIST: 36.5

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

Jan 6: Drank hot chocolate (which has no business in my diet). So far I'm off to a horrible start.
    -1 points [89 points]

Jan 5: Ate pizza and drank beer for dinner. Didn't run or update.
    -3 points [90 points]

DEC 4: Ate a bad dinner. Did not run.
    -2 points [93 points]

Jan 3: Did not run. Missed update.
    -2 points [95 points]

Jan 2: Missed update. Ate some chocolate.
    -2 points [97 points]DAILY LOG

Jan 1: Missed the update.
    -0 points [99 points]

Dec 25: Entered the "100 Challenge"!
    -0 points [100 points]

#15 mason, Dec 25, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2007
  16. Dark Adept

Dark Adept Well-Known Member

Goal: Bulking

Workout details, etc. soon.

[100]
    January 1: Missed one meal and completely forgot to update. Gym is closed, so no points off for missing my workout.[98]

January 2: Missed two meals and updated late due to screwing up the time difference between the site and Japan. Gym is still closed.[95]

January 3: Only missed one meal. Missed the update because I just came to Korea.[93]

January 4: Missed no meals. Missed a workout and an update due to being away.[91]

January 5: Missed no meals. Missed an update due to being away from a computer all day.[90]

January 6: Missed no meals. Missed a workout and an update due to being away. Went over my alcohol allowance.[87]

January 7: Back in Japan! This will be the last late update. Missed no meals. I can start in earnest now.[86]

January 8: Missed no meals. No workout scheduled for today.[86]

January 9: About to eat my last meal. Missed a workout due to a date that went really badly. I don't understand females.[85]

#16 Dark Adept, Dec 26, 2006
  17. Erik Swede

Erik Swede Well-Known Member

My first try

I´m in for my first 100 challenge, looking forward to keep my 100 points :)

Goal: Cutting and eating on a regular basis and no unhealthy snacks or fastfood.
    Cheat meals: Only 1 small snack, like a small bowl of ice cream, 250 cal. per week, but I have to burn exta calories if I want to have it.

Monday: Cardio
    Tuesday: Weighttraining
    Wednesday: Cardio
    Thursday: Weighttraining
    Friday: Cardio
    Saturday: Weighttraining
    Sunday: Day off

I will do morning cardio aswell, but I´m not going to schedule it due to irregular workhours, I´m never sure what days I can do it.

January 1: Well the first day went ok, except for my huge cravings for sugar which kept bugging me the whole day. I did skip my dinner and ate at a friends house even tho it wasnt really unhealthy it wasn´t what I had planned so off to a bad start, deducting 1 point. Tomorrow is a new day, good luck everyone else. 99 points
    January 2: Great workout today, meals like planned, but I had a soda whichi shouldn´t one point today aswell, not a good start,-98 points.
    January 3: Had my meals as planned but once again I screwed up with a soda. I´m really going to have to put my mind at my goal now and start keeping my goalplan and my points :( -97 points.
    January 4 It´s my birthday, had some family and friends over, and yet another day with unplanned food, this is getting embarrasing now, I could say this was my weekly cheatmeal, but given the fact I haven´t had any succesful days yet I won´t, that would be cheating myself into thinking I did good. No, I still have 96 points to keep, damit Erik get your act together. -96 points
    January 5 It´s friday and I can have a cheatmeal today, but given the week so far it´s a nightmare healthwise and I couldn´t live up to my expectations today either, six times is the charm? who knows, I´m not even going to promise anything anymore it would be a shame to keep lying, I´m just going to do my best from now on -95 points.
    January 6 YES!!! I did it, only clean eating and drinking and a great weightlifting session. I knew I could and now I did one day, and thats the first step. YES. take that sugarmakers. 95 Points
    January 7 Bit of a slip this evening, not good, yesterday was a good role model for me, I´m gonna have to redo that day from now on -94 points
    January 8 Great day today, I really nailed it and theres plenty more where that came from, keep it up now.-94 points
    January 9 Another good day, and a great workout, feels good now, I´m on the right track finally- 94 points
    January 10 Good day, went to the dentist, ouch. That aside today is going fine so far, fixed a nice sallad now and dinner shortly so thats it, Feels better now that I´ve broken thrue a 3 day hump, it´s all downhill now :) I hope-94 points
    January 11 Another day going good, I feel pretty good about it :) -94 points
    January 12 It´s friday, that means cheatmeal, I had some icecream, but now in retrospect I dont feel very good, feels like I triggered some sweetenes craving, think from now on I wont have ice-cream anymore. Nonetheless I still have 94 points. And Im not gonna start losing them now. 94 points
    January 13 This day wasn´t good, I had too much of the good stuff, I will bear this day in memory for a,long time to avoid similar mistakes, minus 2 points, I feel bad now, I will learn from this, there is a new day tomorrow. -92 points.
    January 14 i didnt eat any bad things today, had a late night healthy snack, but I´m gonna let it pass, considering I felt like going for fastfood iI got easy off. lots of cardio tomorrow 92 points.
    January 15 Cardio done, a good day.
    January 16 A bad day, but I´m not surprised, -90 points.
    January 17 I missed my snacks, not good, -89 points
    January 18 No update -88 points
    January 19 No update -87 points
    January 20 No update -86 points
    January 21 I´ve been dwelling on my poor performance the last few days, instead of quitting the moth like I felt like doing I´m picking up the pieces, since I haven´t done anything but making excuses the last days I don´t know how many points to subtract, so I´ll deduct 5 points per day, and get on with my life and try to find the good feeling I had a few weeks ago. 69 Points left to fight for. I´m not going down witout a fight this time.´Here goes nothing 69 points.
    January 22 Not very good, I did excercise but diet slipped. 68 points
    January 23 A Good day, not many of those lately, I sure hope I can take some inspiration from this day, I know I said it before, but from now on I´m not going to make too big plans, just one day at a time. Thats good enough for me and if I do manage this month perfectly from now on, I´ll set a new long-term goal. 68points
    January 24 I´m making some progress, I didn´t train today, but otherwise a good day. 67 points
    January 25 I slipped , bah 66 points.
    January 26 Good day, 66 points

#17 Erik Swede, Dec 26, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  18. bagley61

bagley61 Well-Known Member

January 2007 Challenge

I am in for January :tucool:

If you do not conquer self, you will be conquered by self." - Napoleon Hill

GOAL: Cutting Fat. I will lose 12 pounds of fat in January.

COMMENT: I will weight train 3 times per week for 45 minutes 1st thing in the a.m..
    -alternating Upper body and Lowerbody/abs.
    I will do HIIT cardio three times per week first thing in the a.m..

UPDATE: JAN 13:
    Starting monday I will be working with some trainers and will alter my workouts a bit - it will still be weight training 3xper week with a different split and more abs and still HIIT 3 times per week. My nutrition will stay 6 clean meals a day, but calories will be bumped up to over 3000 :eat: to accomodate my size and workouts :tucool: Let's burn some fat baby!

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    1st week and 3rd week and 5th week:
    Monday: Upper Body
    Tuesday: HIIT cardio.
    Wednesday:Lower Body and abs.
    Thursday: HIIT cardio
    Friday: Upper Body
    Saturday: HIIT cardio.
    Sunday: Rest - May add 45 Minutes LISS cardio.

2nd week and 4th week:
    Monday: Lower Body and abs.
    Tuesday: HIIT cardio.
    Wednesday: Upper Body.
    Thursday: HIIT cardio.
    Friday: Lower body and abs.
    Saturday: HIIT cardio.
    Sunday: Rest - May add 45 minutes LISS cardio.

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six clean meals per day, one cheat meal per week, No alcohol.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 335
    BODY FAT: 37%
    ARMS: 18
    CALVES: 19.75
    CHEST: 53.5
    FOREARMS: 13.75
    HIPS: 51.5
    THIGHS: 29.75
    WAIST - belly button: 53.5
    WAIST - belt line: 48.5

END STATS
    WEIGHT: 324
    BODY FAT: 35%
    ARMS: 17.5
    CALVES: 19.25
    CHEST: 51.75
    FOREARMS: 13.75
    HIPS: 50.5
    THIGHS: 29.5
    WAIST - belly button: 52.5
    WAIST - belt line : 48

JAN 1: Did my Upper Body workout as planned - ate clean and as planned. One down - 30 to go.
    -0 points [100 points]

JAN 2: Did my HIIT cardio as planned - hit all my heart rate levels. Ate 6 meals as planned - Stay strong y'all - eat clean, train hard and drink your water - get 'er done!
    -0 points [100 points]

JAN 3: I had a trainer over to my house to watch my Lower Body Workout and abs - got some great tips on form and an excellent workout, Ate my 6 meals.
    -0 points [100 points]

Jan 4: Did my HIIT cardio on the elliptical - ate my 6 clean meals. DOMS in legs feels good.
    -0 points [100 points]

JAN 5: Had my friend/Trainer over again to help me with some upper body lifting and technique - I'm sure that's gonna hurt this weekend :) - Ate 6 meals - Slipped a bit on eating clean tonight, not too bad though.
    -1 point [99 points]

JAN 6: I did my HIIT - pushed hard and hit my target heart rates, Ate my meals as planned - Meal 5 was my planned cheat meal for the week - only had a Belgian waffle, sugar free syrup and 2 small sausage links - Not too bad.
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 7: I did 40 minutes if LISS cardio, Ate 6 clean meals. Life is good - one week down!
    -0 points [99 points]

JAN 8: I did my Weight training as planned and ate my clean meals as planned.
    - 0 points [99 points]

JAN 9: I did a strong HIIT cardio a.m. - Ate five clean meals - missed one - did 45 minutes extra LISS cardio in the p.m. - Lose two points for not following my plan.
    -2 points [97]

JAN 10:Did Lower body weight training and abs. - ate my 6 meals.
    -0 points [97]

JAN 11:Had an awesome HIIT on the elliptical, 6 clean meals in. Staying in the zone!
    -0 points [97]

JAN 12:Did my weight training early a.m. - ate 5 clean meals + cheat meal is done for the week.
    -0 points [97]

JAN 13:Ate my six meals - but, had a large glass of red wine with dinner :spank: - Did my HIIT cardio - elliptical broke half way through on me so, i jumped over to the treadmill to finish - probably didn't get as intense as usual.
    -1 point [96]

JAN 14:Planned rest day on workouts, Didn't eat clean in the evening.
    -1 point [95]

Half way new goal: Not to lose any more points! Time to get focused and finish the last half strong.
    I started following a strict eating and workout regime this monday the 15th that my trainers set up - Time to burn some fat!

JAN 15: Ate Meals clean and as planned - calories upped to 3400 with 335 gr protein, 400 gr carbs, 50 gr fat. And, did my workout first thing in a.m..
    0 point [95]

JAN 16: Did my HIIT cardio - running in place and off an 8" stepper (since my elliptical broke!) - got a gr8 workout. Ate all meals as scheduled.
    0 points [95]

JAN 17th: Had a gr8 leg and abs workout as planned, Ate all meals as planned and clean.
    0 points [95]

JAN 18th: Good HIIT cardio on the treadmill - Ate all meals clean and as planned.
    0 points [95]

JAN 19th: TGIF Did my workout as planned + reworked chest and forearms a bit. Ate six meals as planned.
    0 points [95]

JAN 20th: Had an awesome HIIT cardio. ate 6 meals - I did eat lean meatloaf as my dinner protein and it wasn't really planned and a little higher fat than normal ,so, I'll deduct a point and stick 100% to my plan from here on out.
    -1 Points [94]

JAN 21st: Ate meals as planned - had my free meal, Rest day for workouts - but did an hour of tae bo to keep the fat burning engine going.
    0 points [94]

JAN 22nd: 6 meals clean and as planned by my trainers, Weight training 5:00 a.m. as planned by my trainers - Chest, Shoulders, Back and Abs (planks for the first time ever at the end was interesting - held until my body was violently shaking (which wasn't very long after an intense workout) Good intense day!
    0 points [94]

JAN 23rd: HIIT cardio done early. 6 meals eaten and clean as planned.
    0 points [94]

JAN 24th: Had an awesom leg workout this a.m - DOMS big time this morning(thursday) - made my HIIT frack'n hurt-lol.
    Ate 6 meals and supp'd as planned.
    0 points [94]

JAN 25th: Like I stated HIIT hurt because of DOMS but I hit all my Target Heart rate goals - Ate my 6 clean meals and supplements as planned.
    0 points [94]

JAN 26th: Weight training done as planned, Ate my 6 clean meals and supplements.
    0 points [94]

JAN 27th: Ate my meals and took supplements as planned. Did my HIIT cardio first thing in a.m.
    0 points [94]

JAN 28th: No workout as planned today - rest day. It was my free meal day, but I seemed to have had more than just a free meal today. Back to a solid last three days of this month - no more points shall be lost!
    -1 point [93]

JAN 29th: Ate my 6 meals and supplements as planned. Did my weight training this morning intensely and as planned. I went to a running specialist store today and they checked my form and I got a new pair of shoes to stabilize my ankles more - look forward to trying them out on my HIIT tomorrow.
    0 points [93]

JAN 30th: Ate my 6 clean meals and supplements as planned, Did my HIIT cardio this morning and did 45 minutes of Active Isolation stretching this evening.
    0 points [93]

JAN 31st: Ate my six meals and supplements as planned. Weight training as planned this morning. I will take stats and post here and on the February challenge thread tomorrow morning. - done on this thread
    Final Point Count = 93

ASSESSMENT IF MY NUMBERS ARE CORRECT I LOST 10.5 POUNDS FAT AND LOST ONLY 1 POUND OF MUSCLE - I'LL TAKE IT.

Great job everyone this month - Let's do better next month!

#18 bagley61, Dec 26, 2006
  19. richsuplita

richsuplita Well-Known Member

Sample Official "100 Challenge" post

GOAL: Get below 10% body fat without losing upper body strength; run 5K under 20 minutes before first day of summer (June 21)--summer goal is under 19:30

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Cardio: 30 min (AM); Weight training: Legs and Lats(PM)
    Tuesday: Cardio 45 min (AM); Weight training: Pecs and shoulders
    Wednesday: Cardio 60 min; abs
    Thursday: Cardio 45 min (AM); Weight training: Biceps and Triceps
    Friday: Cardio 30 min (AM); Weight training: delts & traps (PM)
    Saturday Cardio 45 min; pushups, pullups, leg lifts
    Sunday: Cardio 90(+) min; A good stretch!

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, one cheat meal per week.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 210 pounds
    BODY FAT: 17%
    WAIST: 36.5"
    ARMS (COLD/UNFLEXED): 15"
    CHEST (COLD): 42"

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

Jan 1: Trained and ate as scheduled. 100 points
    Jan 2: Trained and ate as scheduled. 100 points
    Jan 3: Trained and ate as scheduled. 100 points
    Jan 4: Trained and ate as scheduled. 100 points
    Jan 5: Trained as scheduled. Did not eat bad foods, just not on schedule. 99 points
    Jan 6: Trained as scheduled. Did not eat as scheduled due to trip to Georgia Aquarium. 98 points
    Jan 7: Trained and ate as scheduled. 98 points
    Jan 8: Trained and ate as scheduled. Missed update! 97 points
    Jan 9: Trained and ate as scheduled.

#19 richsuplita, Dec 26, 2006
  20. BigIzz

BigIzz Well-Known Member

GOAL: Final month of cutting

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    I'm not going to have a set month long schedule where I do an exercise on a given day of the week. I think I need to take more days off from training, so I will try to take one a week. Otherwise I am planning on doing one of the programs from Waterbury's Muscle Revolution and will start it in a few days, the only variable is I may be going on a trip this weekend and don't want to interrupt a program the 3rd day I'm doing it. Otherwise my cardio will be a mix of LISS and HIIT on non weight training days.

Also trying to stretch every day.

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per weekday, one cheat meal per week. I am currently following my interpretation of Tom Vennuto's BFFM carb cycling approach.

Five meals allowable on weekends (depending on what time I get up)

No alcohol

ETS twice a day

Multi vitamin twice a day

OTHER, NON ESSENTIAL GOALS
    Grip Training 3 days a week

STARTING STATS

WEIGHT: 169.2 pounds
    ARMS: 13.25"
    CALVES: 15.2.5
    CHEST: 39.75
    FOREARMS: 11"
    HIPS: 36.00"
    THIGHS: 22"
    WAIST: 32.25"

ENDING STATS
    WEIGHT: 165.2 pounds (-4 pounds)
    ARMS: 13"
    CALVES: 15.25
    CHEST: 39.75
    FOREARMS: 11"
    HIPS: 36.00"
    THIGHS: 21.75"
    WAIST: 32"

Mon Jan 1: Today was raining and the gym was closed. As you can see from above, I am sort of without a strict program. I almost too the day off but I sucked it up and did some HIIT in the park this afternoon. And I feel much better for it. About to go eat my 6th meal.
    - 0 points (100)

Tue Jan 2:
    Did my cardio this morning, eating my 6th meal.
    -0 points (100)

Wed Jan 3: Fasted LISS this afternoon, ate 5 meals as scheduled. Only eat 5 on afternoon LISS days because trying to make it fasted makes it impractical to try and squeeze 3 meals in 6 hours in the evening.
    -0 points (100)

Thr Jan 4:
    Still unable to start a formal weight program I came up with a cuircut of high rep pull ups, dips, squats and crunches. It was interesting and a workout I couldn't have dreamed of completing a few months ago (when I couldn't do a pull or a dip). Ate all 6 meals and had my cheat meal for the week.
    -0 points (100)

Fri Jan 5: No gym today, it will be my off day for the week. Ate my 6 meals, went out after work and had a beer -1 point. Tomorrow I go away for the weekend, I will not be able to update tomorrow and I won't penalize myself for it as I won't have a computer. Nutrition will be a challenge I will go out to dinner tomorrow night may count as cheat meal for this/next week (although I just had one yesterday). I will be having 5 meals on sat and sun and I will do my best. I plan for LISS tomorrow before leaving and at the hotel Sunday.
    (99)

Sat Jan 6:
    No Update/away

Sun Jan 7: Just got back from my trip. Nutrition wasn't terrible - if anything I didn't eat enough food or frequency. I did my HIIT on Sat before I left and LISS this morning at the hotel. I'm not going to penalize myself any points but things need to get back on track tomorrow.
    -0 points (99)

Mon Jan 8:
    Did strength training this evening, had my meals as scheduled.
    -0 points (99)

Tue Jan 9:
    Cardio this morning, ate my meals as scheduled.
    -0 points (99)

Wed Jan 10:
    Did my fasted cardio this evening, ate 5 meals as I do when I do afternoon cardio. I am exciting to start my new lifting program tomorrow. My schedule for the next 3 weeks will be lifting on Thur, Fri, Sun and Mon and I'll probably do LISS/HIIT on Tue/Wed with Sat off.
    -0 points (99)

Thr Jan 11:
    Started my new weight training program, for the most part it went very well. Today was high sets and low reps which I'm not particularly fond of. It is hard to make the workout intense, my heart rate is low and I don't burn a ton of calories. Tomorrow that will change though. Just ate my 6th meal.
    -0 points (99)

Fri Jan 12:
    Day 2 of new program, the session went well although I didn't feel like I did enough. Ate my meals as scheduled and avoided the temptation of blowing it all off to go to happy hour.
    -0 points (99)

Sat Jan 13:
    Off day from training today. Meals were adequate - I differed from the plan a little I'm too tired to punch it in the computer and figure out how much I was affected but I don't think it's a big deal.
    -0 points (99)

Sun Jan 14:
    Weight training went very well this morning as did my 6 meals.
    -o points (99)

Mon Jan 15:
    No report
    -1 point (98)

Tue Jan 16:
    Apparently I forgot to update last night. Anyway I did my weight training yesterday, meals were all good. Did cardio this morning and ate 5 of 6 meals so far. I sat down today and actually came up with a plan as to how I am going to move forward, what my goals are etc. It feels good to have that all sorted out. As it stands I am going to get a little more lax on my nutrition for the end of this month (still clean just more calories and carbs - closer to maintenance). Then starting first week of Feb I will start a new carb cycling program and a new routine. Instead of bulking next month I am going to lose the last 10-15 pounds I figure I will need to then start a very slow bulk moving forward (around mid April). I also might join a new gym tomorrow.
    -0 points (98)

Wed Jan 17:
    tried out the new gym, did afternoon LISS on the elliptical. It is very nice there and at half the price I am going to have to join. It does seem like it will be a lot more crowded and more aggravation. Meals were spot on today.
    -0 points (98)

Thr Jan 18:
    Joined the new gym today and had a fantastic weight workout. Ate my meals as scheduled including my weekly cheat.
    -0 points (98)

Fri Jan 19:
    Weight training today - luckily for me my new gym is crowded but no one seems interested in working out their legs so I was able to my squats without a problem (no one was using the "shrug bar holder" so I was able to use the rack for some squats). Meals were a-ok.
    -0 points (98)

Sat Jan 20:
    Did my LISS this morning, ate my 6 meals.
    -0 points (98)

Sun Jan 21:
    Lifted my weights, ate my meals.
    -0 points (98)

Mon Jan 22:
    Weight workout lacked intensity today plus I screwed up a couple of things. I think it is because of my new gym, the machines are different, I'm not sure where everything is, etc.
    -o points (98)

Tue Jan 23:
    Did my cardio, ate my meals.
    -0 points (98)

Wed Jan 24:
    Easy one today, no workout and had a cheat meal.
    -0 points (98)

Thr Jan 25:
    Ate my 6 meals as planned, lifted. Contemplating losing a point tomorrow for drinking.
    -0 points (98)

Fri Jan 26:
    Had a beer today so -1 point. Did my workout and meals though.
    (97)

Sat Jan 27:
    No update

Sun Jan 28: Missed yesterday's update because I went out for the night and didn't come home. I didn't eat a 6th meal, my 5th meal was just a cliff bar and my fourth meal was just a cliff bar and protein shake. So nutrition was less than ideal. I also didn't take my ETS. I will subtract -2 points for the indiscretions. It could have been a lot worse - it is better to under eat by a little than over eat by a lot. I was also at a bar and could have drank.

Anyway things were back on track today - had my meals and did my workout.
    (95)

Mon Jan 29:
    Weight training done, meals eaten as planned.
    -0 points (95)

Tue Jan 30:
    Did cardio this morning, have eaten 5 of 6 meals so far.
    -0 points (95)

Wed Jan 31:
    Did HIIT today, ate my meals as scheduled. Will do results tomorrow morning.
    -0 points (95)

#20 BigIzz, Dec 26, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.