1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

John Stone's December 2006 "100 Challenge" (Completed)

Discussion in '"100 Challenges"' started by John Stone, Nov 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE CHALLENGE HAS BEGUN. NO MORE ENTRIES ALLOWED FOR THIS MONTH'S CHALLENGE!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions belong in this thread.

This premise of this challenge is pretty simple: Each participant starts the month with 100 points. A point is deducted each time a workout is missed, a meal is missed, an unscheduled "cheat" meal or snack is consumed or a daily update to your official challenge post is missed. The goal, of course, is to finish the month with 100 points!

Here are the rules:

1) This challenge is for people who want to commit themselves 100%. Please don't join if you are not prepared to give a total effort.
    2) The challenge begins on December 1, 2006. You must have your starting post up by 7:00 AM (EST) on December 1, 2006.
    3) It doesn't matter if you are cutting, bulking or maintaining. The common goal here is 100% consistency.
    4) Each person participating in the challenge should start a post in this thread by the cut-off time. Your Official Challenge post must be updated each and every day. The updates won't take long (examples below). If you miss an update, you must deduct a point. Please note that you should edit your existing Official Challenge post--don't start a new post every day.
    5) Miss a workout for any reason, deduct a point.
    6) Miss a meal for any reason, deduct a point.
    7) Eat an unscheduled "cheat" meal or snack, deduct a point.

Feel free to post before/after pictures if you like (optional).

Of course this challenge is based on the honor system. You can cheat, but that would be pointless.

Here's an example Official Challenge post (feel free to copy and paste, substituting your own information):

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sample Official "100 Challenge" post

GOAL: Cutting

COMMENT: I want to reduce my body fat to 8%.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: chest & triceps (PM)
    Tuesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
    Wednesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: back & biceps (PM)
    Thursday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
    Friday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: delts & traps (PM)
    Saturday Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: legs (PM)
    Sunday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, one cheat meal per week.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 200 pounds
    BODY FAT: 9.8%
    ARMS: 16.75"
    CALVES: 16.5"
    CHEST: 42.75"
    FOREARMS: 13.5"
    HIPS: 38.75"
    THIGHS: 24"
    WAIST: 32.5"

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG (Note: Each entry should be completed the day after, or at the end of the same day after all meals/workouts are completed. Please be sure to keep a running total of your points, as shown below.)

DEC 1: I did my cardio and ate all meals as scheduled.
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 2: My car broke down and I missed my back workout. I walked to Burger King for dinner and had an unscheduled cheat meal.
    -2 points [98 points]

DEC 3: I missed my cardio today, but ate all meals as scheduled.
    -1 point [97 points]

DEC 4:

DEC 5: I missed yesterday's update, but I did my delts and traps workout yesterday, and ate all meals as scheduled (including my scheduled cheat meal). Today I did my cardio, ate all meals as scheduled and did my leg workout.
    -1 point [96 POINTS]

You get the idea.....

2. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

John Stone's Official December "100 Challenge" post

GOAL: Bulking

COMMENT: This is the fourth and final month of my 2006 bulk.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Weight training: chest & abs
    Tuesday: Weight training: back
    Wednesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic)
    Thursday: Weight training: delts, traps & calves
    Friday: Weight training: biceps & triceps
    Saturday: Weight training: quads & hamstrings
    Sunday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic)

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, one cheat meal per week. No alcohol. Christmas day will be a cheat day (alcohol allowed that day only).

STARTING STATS (cold/flexed)
    WEIGHT: 233 Pounds
    BODY FAT: 13%
    ARMS: 18.25"
    CALVES: 17.75"
    CHEST: 45.5"
    FOREARMS: 14.25"
    HIPS: 41.25"
    THIGHS: 27.5"
    WAIST: 35"

END STATS (cold/flexed)
    WEIGHT: 236 Pounds
    BODY FAT: 14%
    ARMS: 18.25"
    CALVES: 17.75"
    CHEST: 46"
    FOREARMS: 14.25"
    HIPS: 42"
    THIGHS: 28"
    WAIST: 36.5"

DAILY LOG
    DEC 1: After last week's arm workout, I knew tonight was going to be tough if I expected to exceed the intensity levels I reached last week. How did I do it? I cut another 5 seconds of all my rest intervals and upped the weights. It was hard, and I felt like I was going to collapse a few times (the scariest of which was towards the end of my workout when I had a 100 pound dumbbell over my head doing tricep extensions... and Lisa is out of town until Monday). I really feel like I took it to the next level and had the best arm workout of my bulk tonight. I'm very pleased! My arms might not hit 20 inches pumped before the end of my bulk, but I'm sure going to try! Tonight they were at 19.5" at the end of my workout. I took a picture, but the flash reflected off the myotape and it didn't come out. :( I'm going to skip my cheat meal tonight. Pizza and BBQ sound terrible. I'm craving red meat. Steak on the grill with a nice crust, but rare. :drool: That's going to hit the spot! That will be my 6th and final meal of the day. A great start to the December challenge!
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 2: Tonight I worked my legs and I felt incredible! I sure don't feel like I've been bulking for over 3 months, because nothing hurts or aches, my motivation and energy levels remain ultra-high and I still look forward to each and every workout. I just finished my 6th and final meal. Lisa is out of town, so I think I'm going to go curl up with the dogs, rest my tired legs and watch a movie until I fall asleep. :)
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 3: AM cardio (45 mins/136 BPM) done, and all meals eaten as scheduled. Actually at the time of this writing I still have one more PB and protein shake to drink, but I love those and promise not to miss it. :D
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 4: Starting tonight's workout was a real test because I was feeling very tired and a little under the weather. I forced myself to do it, and once I got going I tore it up! :evil: I feel great right now, but that's all because of the post-workout buzz. Hopefully I'll feel good tomorrow, too. All six meals eaten as planned.
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 5: I thought yesterday at work was bad. That was nothing compared to today! Starting today's workout (back) was a test for a different reason than yesterday: tonight I wasn't tired, I was irritated and stressed out! I didn't want to work out, I wanted a damn drink! :D Well, forget that. I went into the gym and tore into those weights as if they were the cause of all my stress! I used my stress for motivation, and it sure worked. I was actually hitting the heavy bag during my "rest" between sets. By the time I finished my workout, all the fight in me was long gone. I walked out of the gym as gentle as a lamb. Man, I love this game. :) I'm finishing my sixth meal now, and feeling very good about my past two workouts. :)
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 6: AM cardio (45 mins/137 BPM) done, and all 6 meals eaten. I haven't had a cheat meal in several weeks, so I went ahead and had one tonight (just a few slices of pizza). Now I'm off to bed!
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 7: My stomach was bothering me today, but I still got all 6 of my meals down. At one point I had to go lay down on the bed for a couple of hours. I set the alarm so I would not miss my next meal. When I woke up my stomach was still bit "off", but I was able to eat. By 3:00 or 4:00 PM I felt totally fine! My workout tonight (delts/traps/calves) was excellent, and my stomach still feels normal. Must have been a little 24 hour bug or something. I'm just glad I felt better in time for my workout, because there is no way I could have worked out if my stomach had still bothering me the way it was earlier in the day.
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 8: I felt good all day, so whatever was bothering me seems to be gone. Tonight's workout was arms, and I stuck with the abbreviated rest intervals between supersets the past few weeks. Man, that is one tough workout. I was breathing very heavy basically for 40 minutes straight. It took every ounce of resolve I had to pick up those weights after just 40 seconds rest and then do another 20-24 rep bicep/tricep superset. I had a cheat meal Wednesday night, and I'm not really in the mood for one tonight anyway. What I am in the mood for is steak, and that's just what I'm going to have. :)
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 9: Tonight's leg workout was very good, but I'm disappointed that I did the exact same number of reps and the same weight on my leg lifts that I did last week. There have been only one or two times this bulk when I have not made an improvement in either reps or weights (or both). I did improve on all the other exercises, so other than that I am very satisfied with my performance. I just finished my 6th and final meal. I'm looking forward to a nice cardio-only day tomorrow. :)
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 10: Morning cardio (45 mins/133 BPM) done. All six meals eaten as planned. Nice, relaxing day off from training!
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 11: I get headaches very rarely, but tonight about an hour before my workout my head was hurting so bad I felt nauseous. When I started my workout I felt like my head was going to pop open. I really wanted to stop, but I refused. It wasn't affecting my strength, so I just tried to ignore the pain. By the end of my workout I couldn't even feel the headache anymore. It's back now, but not quite as bad. It's sinus-related, must be something in the air. I'll take something for it with my sixth and final meal, which I'll be eating in a few minutes. I'm proud of myself for pushing through and getting it done.
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 12: It was a slow day at work, so I did my back workout over my lunch hour (from 12:30 - 1:30). It was an excellent workout. Of course I had to switch the order of my meals around a bit, but it all worked out the same--6 big meals and a tough workout!
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 13: AM cardio (45 mins/135 BPM) was completed a little earlier than normal. That pushed my meal schedule back about 30 minutes for the entire day, so I just finished my 6th meal. I had my weekly cheat meal tonight--pizza. The pizza was just "OK". I don't seem to enjoy pizza much anymore. Weird.
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 14: Tonight's workout (delts/traps/calves) was very good, and a lot of fun. I took some goofy workout holiday pictures and put them in tonight's entry to my media thread. All six meals (big ones--I've not put on any weight this month!) eaten as planned.
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 15: The new arm routine that I started doing tonight is awesome! This arm workout is going to take me through the end of my bulk, so I wanted to come up with something really good. I think I'll see some nice progress with this routine. I'd really like my upper arms to be over 18.5 inches when I finish my bulk, and I'd love to add another 1/4 inch to my forearms. I'm just about to eat my 6th and final meal of the day. Hopefully the scale will move a little tomorrow morning: I've been stuck at 231.5 for 3 days in a row, and I'm eating enough food for three people!
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 16: Man, this is the third week in a row that I could not increase the reps on my leg lifts! I did the exact same amount as I did last week, and the week before that. Once again, I improved on every other exercise I did tonight, but I just couldn't get that 10th rep up on the last set of my leg lifts! Next week I don't care if it kills me, I'm going to get that last rep up so I can increase the weight the following week. All six meals eaten as scheduled... oh, and I was happy to see an increase in my weight this morning! :)
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 17: After my AM cardio (45 mins/135 BPM), I had a nice day off. All six meals eaten as planned. We're coming down to the wire here...
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 18: This is the second Monday in a row in which I had a splitting headache! Weird. I still had an awesome workout and, like last week, my headache is now gone. I took one picture tonight (actually it's now my avatar because my old avatar was a few months old). I'm eating my sixth meal as I type this. I'm kind of sad that my bulk is almost over, but at the same time I can't wait to get ripped up again! :)
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 19: Tonight's back workout was outstanding. It ranked right up in the top three workouts this bulk. I switched all my exercises around (I'll post the workout tomorrow on the main site), and I think I've come up with a very solid back routine to take me to the end of my bulk. All six meals were eaten as scheduled. I'm totally exhausted, and will be heading to bed very soon. Tomorrow is a cardio-only day, and I'll enjoy the rest. :)
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 20: My morning cardio (45 mins/133 BPM) was followed by what was supposed to be a very hectic day at work, but everything went so well that it wound up being more of a busy half-day, followed by a normal afternoon. I'm just finishing my 6th meal now. It's a little before 9:00 PM, and I'm not all that tired yet. I think I'll work on planning out my new delts/traps/calves workout for tomorrow.
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 21: New delts/traps/calves workout tonight (I'll post the workout routine on the main site in the morning). The workout was excellent. I really love working my delts and traps, and I love how my physique looks when my delts and traps are all pumped up. Well-developed delts make a HUGE difference one's overall physique. To me, nice delts convey strength even more than big arms. I need to keep working hard on mine! My final meal is on the grill as I type this. Good day!
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 22: I had a great arm workout tonight, but I forgot to take my Aleve (Naproxen) until 20 minutes before my workout. Sure enough, my right elbow was killing me for about the first 15 minutes of the workout. After about 15 minutes, the Aleve must have kicked in because the pain just vanished. That stuff is great. I only need the Aleve for my triceps work, because that is the only time I get bad elbow pain (sometimes I get a little doing bench presses, but it's manageable). I can't believe there's only one more arm workout left in my bulk. The past four months have flown by. I can't wait to start cutting, but I'm sure going to miss these big bulking meals! Speaking of meals, I just finished my 6th and final meal. I skipped my cheat meal tonight, as Monday will be a cheat day. I think I'm going to do my chest workout on Sunday so I can have Monday off. We'll see.
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 23: YES! I finally broke than damned plateau I've been having for the last few weeks with my lying leg curls! :tucool: Great workout tonight--lots of energy, and I felt very strong. So there's literally just one more workout for each muscle group left in my bulk and then it's time to cut. I still have not decided if I'm going to move my chest workout to tomorrow, or just do it as scheduled on Christmas morning. I guess I'll just see what I feel like doing! My 6th meal, steak :drool:, is about to go on the grill.
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 24: Today was a cardio-only day (45 mins/133 BPM), and I'm glad because I was feeling less than 100%. Mostly just a scratchy throat, but Lisa is really under the weather and it came out of nowhere. Hopefully she'll be feeling better tomorrow, and I will be able to shake off the sore throat quickly. Speaking of tomorrow, I'm going to do my chest workout in the morning so I can have the rest of the day off. All six meals eaten as scheduled today, but tomorrow's a cheat day. Should be fun, but I'm not going to go nuts. I feel fat enough as it is!
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 25: About my only obligation today with regards to this challenge was my chest/abs workout, and at 11:15 AM I tore myself away from the morning Christmas festivities and did what needed to be done. I actually blew away last week's workout, adding weight and/or reps to every last exercise! I felt really good. As for my diet, today was a cheat day but I really didn't go nuts. I had some cheese and crackers, a little snack mix, and for dinner my roast pork came out perfect! I also made a roasted vegetable medley with new potatoes, whole garlic cloves, carrots, onions and olive oil. A couple of biscuits and some apple sauce rounded out the meal. For desert I had a single slice of cheesecake and coffee. I did have a glass of wine and a couple of Grey Goose on rocks. It was a great day, but I wouldn't want to do it every day. Tomorrow it's back to business, and a week from today I start my cut. I can't wait! Merry Christmas!
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 26: I think I have a touch of whatever Lisa has. I felt good this morning, but I have a sore throat and later in the day I started feeling pretty tired. With 5 days left in my bulk (and not having missed a single workout), there was no way I was going to miss tonight's final back workout. Once I got started I felt pretty good and bested last week's lifts on my first two exercices. By the time I got to my lat pulldowns I felt like I'd hit a wall. The first set sucked--I did two less reps than I did last week--but I pulled it together for the last three sets and improved over last week. I felt like I was about to keel over, but I loaded up the bar for my deads anyway. I did one rep, and I honestly have no idea how I got it up. I knew my form was HORRIBLE because I was trying to compensate for how weak and tired I was feeling, so I did something I rarely do: I stopped. I didn't want to risk injury, and I had nothing left in the tank. Even though I think I did the smart thing, I've been sulking around the house tonight and can't help but feel disappointed in myself. I'm not even hungry, but I'm about to force my 6th and final meal down and then I'm going to bed. Tomorrow is a cardio-only day, so hopefully by Thursday I'll be feeling 100%.
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 27: I didn't sleep too well last night (Lisa was coughing AND my pager went off several times), but I forced myself to do my AM cardio (45 mins/135 BPM). I'm glad I didn't have to train this evening, because I'm not feeling too great. I don't think I'm sick, but I'm tired and I have a sore throat. Hopefully I'll get a good night's sleep tonight and will feel better tomorrow. Just three more workouts in my bulk, and I want to make them good ones! I'll be having my 6th and final meal in about 20 minutes, and then I'm going to bed.
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 28: I'm still not feeling very well today: I've got a cough and some chest congestion. I'm feeling pretty tired and burnt out, and I am very ready for my vacation, which starts in less than 24 hours! I probably shouldn't have worked out tonight, but with just 3 days to go there is no way in hell I'm going to blow a perfect four-month streak with no missed workouts and no missed meals. I am long overdue for a week off training, but instead of taking time off I've deiced to simply do somewhat lighter workouts for a week. Tonight's workout was quite good--I just shaved one set off each exercise (doing 3 sets instead of 4) and slightly lowered the weights I used. By the time I finished I was still covered in sweat, and I actually felt a little better. I'll be eating my 6th and final meal of the day in 30 minutes, and then I'll be heading to bed early again tonight.
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 29: Here's a new one: I was minutes away from starting my workout when the entire neighborhood went dark. It was pitch black in my entire house. Luckily I have a generator, but by the time I found the keys and a flashlight and got everything powered back up it was well after 6:00 PM. I heard screaming sirens close by. Then Lisa called me while she was on the way home--the entire road was blocked off and there were cops and fire engines everywhere. I still don't know what happened. Anyway, tonight's workout has been postponed until tomorrow, and tomorrow's usual workout will take place on Sunday. I'm about to have my 6th and final meal--a cheat meal. This will be my last cheat meal until I reach my goal of 6% body fat!
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 30: I made up my arm workout tonight. As planned, it was a fairly light--but good--workout. Tomorrow I'm going to have to do my cardio in the morning, and then do my leg workout (which was supposed to be today) in the evening so that I can honestly say I've not missed any workouts. I'm about to start cooking my 6th and final meal of the day. I'm so excited about cutting! I can't wait for Monday. :)
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 31: Today I had to do my morning cardio (45 mins/133 BPM) --and-- make up my leg workout from last night. I also cleaned all day, so it was a very active day. I'm totally beat right now, but I'm also very happy about what I completed tonight: 4 months straight without a single missed workout, not a single missed meal and no unscheduled cheat meals. In fact, I skipped a couple of cheat meals. My progress slowed quite a bit this month, but I still made some decent gains with my quads, chest, lats, delts and traps. My arms were just shy of 18.5 inches, so I had to stick to my rules and round down. There was a little arm growth, but not a full 1/4 of an inch. At nearly 18.5 inches, I figure my arms are going to be growing much, much slower now. I'm about to eat my final bulking meal. Tomorrow morning I start my 2007 cut, and I can't wait!
    -0 points [100 points]

FINAL SCORE: 100 Points! :tucool:

3. unionordeath

unionordeath Well-Known Member

GOAL: Cut fat, increase muscle mass. I made great newbie gains during the November challenge.

COMMENT: This is my second monthly challenge. I ended the November challenge with 96 points, and I hope to beat that record this month, even with Christmas and New Years Eve in my way.

WORKOUTS:
    Sunday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) A.M.
    Monday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) A.M. ; Chest/Triceps P.M.
    Tuesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) A.M.
    Wednesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) A.M. ; Back/Biceps P.M.
    Thursday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) A.M.
    Friday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) A.M. ; Legs/Shoulders P.M.
    Saturday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) A.M.

Cardio rest days: Optional 2 per month, maximum.

MEALS: 5 clean meals, 1 PWO shake on weight lifting days. 6 clean meals on cardio-only days. One (optional) cheat meal per week (or 4 maximum cheat meals within the month).

DEC.01.06: Starting things off right again. Good leg day. I think soon I'm going to run out of dumbells for squats and SLDL's. I have an olympic set, but I can't use it for squats because I have no rack of any sort. I guess I know what I'm gonna get myself for Christmas... Also, on my standing calf raises I decided to cut down the rest interval from 60-90 seconds down to 15-30 seconds. I definately felt the burn. All meals on target.
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC.02.06: Had a crappy sleep last night because I was woken up by family members coming in late from a Christmas party. I was grumpy and just in a blah mood all day. I even took a nap in the middle of the afternoon. Also I was more bloated than usual :(. Despite this, however, all of my meals were money. A.M LISS was also mint.
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC.03.06: Today was my grandparents' 50th anniversary and my family went out to dinner. Luckily, this was a scheduled cheat meal I planned for in advance. It was nice eating a real cheat meal, my first real one in over 6 weeks not including the time I had a few tiny cookies. But now I feel fat and guilty, and depressed that there are many more family dinner events this month that I'm not sure what to do about. I can politely decline my attendance, but that would still be rude. I can attend but not partake in dinners and bring my own meals, which would probably be even worse. Or I can let my diet slide and be really miserable trying to get back to where I am now. I hate this. I want my goals to be number one without offending someone else.
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC.04.06: Alright so despite feeling a little discouraged lately, my day went pretty well. All meals were on target. Workouts went alright. Even though I keep trying to up the weights for my exercises, my body today told me it wasn't a very good idea. However, I'm much stronger than I was when I started six weeks ago :). Tomorrow I'm finally going to buy a TDS power rack.
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC.05.06: I feel pretty drained today. I hope this is not going to be a recurring trend. I'd hate to think it's because of my caloric intake. Yesterday I felt weak with my chest exercises. I'll have to monitor this closely. Oh, and I bought my power rack. Took me a bit of the evening to assemble this by myself, but I am quite happy I am now able to do real squats and bench presses with an olympic bar :D. All meals went as planned.
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC.06.06: I have been feeling more lethargic than usual the past few days. My neck has been uber sore - I really could use a good massage. This morning I opted to use one of my cardio rest days and slept in 2 hours later than usual. I think I'm going to try and get more sleep every night, even though I usually get 7.5-8 hours. Meals went as planned.
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC.07.06: Energy was pretty good today, but despite this, I had a nap with my hunny in the afternoon.. which killed my energy levels after I woke up. I thought about adding HIIT sessions to "cardio only" scheduled days to improve my cardiovascular system a bit more, and decided this morning that I would start today. I did my first HIIT session for fasted cardio. 5 minute warm up, 5 minutes of 20 seconds hard, 40 seconds medium intervals, 5 minute cooldown. I'll do this for the first week, then I'll jump to 30/30 for a couple of weeks. I got so thirsty I thought I was going to die. Mainly because usually when I'm doing LISS, I sip water as I go along.. not easy when you're giving it 110% effort, so I opted to wait until the cooldown period. Skating practice went as planned today, which I pushed hard for as well. I want more ice time, once a week doesn't seem enough.
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC.08.06: Today I did my first real barbell squat sets. Evar. They wen't alright, but I had a hard time finding a comfortable spot on my shoulders. I think I had the bar too far up, but then when I adjusted it, it felt like it was too far down and I was using my arms to keep it on the back of my shoulder blades. I went after I finished my sets to continue practicing, and think I found the spot, but I tried it with just the bar weight only. I'll have to try it with a few plates loaded on.
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC.09.06: Tonight everything went perfect. Almost, anyways. I had the smallest bite of chocolate I could possibly manage. Not counting that puppy as a cheat meal. No sir. But let's just say this is a yellow card infringement.
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC.10.06: Sigh. I had some oriental snack mix (various flavoured rice crackers and nuts) followed by a piece of feta cheese pastry as an unscheduled cheat meal . I felt guilty and bummed by it for the whole evening. I also felt more lethargic than usual after said cheat meal. 5 minutes HIIT, plus 5 minute warm up at 140 bpm, plus 5 minute cool down.
    -1 points [99 points]

DEC.11.06: It's been so long since I have done a barbell bench press. Now that I have the equipment in my home, I have decided to work them into my weight lifting routine. Felt good. +45 minutes at 135-140 bpm. All meals on track.
    -0 points [99 points]

DEC.12.06: Woke up late, but did HIIT 5 mins (30s L, 30s H) + 10mins warm/cool. Got all meals in.
    -0 points [99 points]

DEC.13.06: Woke up late again, and decided to do switch LISS for HIIT due to a stricter than usual time schedule (got 90% of my Christmas shopping done). So tomorrow I'll do my LISS, which works out better because I'll probably get some decent HIIT cardio work from my skating session anyways. Good back/biceps day, but I really hate one exercise that I've been doing for 2 months now. Reverse Dumbell Flyes. I might change it up, but between the flyes and the bent over rows, I think my upper back has grown considerably. Maybe in January I'll consider changing things up. All meals nice and clean.
    -0 points [99 points]

DEC.14.06: 45 minutes @ 140 bpm. 90 minutes ice skating, with some high intensity bursts. All meals according to plan, except for snacking on nuts due to feeling extra hungry today from the extra burned calories. I might start going skating more than once a week to improve my skills. Maybe 2-4 times a week if I can.
    -0 points [99 points]

DEC.15.06: I couldn't get out of bed this morning to do some cardio. I'm going to use my last "get out of cardio free" voucher so I can avoid the point deduction. This means if I miss any more this month, a point must be removed. Tomorrow I'll be down a point for sure anyways, because I'll be expected to eat a scheduled cheat meal and then a dessert my girlfriend prepared which is pretty rich in calories from what I hear. I think she's trying to kill me, but I'm still looking forward to it. My leg workout was pushed back later than I expected, but went well regardless.
    -0 points [99 points]

DEC.16.06: Ah. Scheduled cheat meal went great. Salmon with white wine sauce. Satay chicken skewers. Mashed potatoes. Too bad everyday wasn't cheat meal day. Did some HIIT this morning, but I'm taking some time off tomorrow to fix out my routine. Looks like I've been training with too much volume for the amount of calories I've been taking in - and it's having a toll on my body. I'm going to take the day off and re-evaluate my plan. I'm most likely going to scale back on some of the higher volume days and bump up my caloric intake. I'm just starting to feel way less energetic, legs are more sore and I'm feeling more edgy. Time to fix things methinks.
    -0 points [99 points]

DEC.17.06: Oops, almost forgot to update this tonight. I took a day off everything today to recupe. For the rest of the week I'm going to skip cardio on lifting days and on skating day. That leaves only Tuesday and Saturday which I will do LISS. This is just for this week only, because my body is out of whack right now. Too much activity, not enough nutrition. I'm going to bump up my cals also, but I'll figure that out tomorrow. I'm learning things the hard way, but at least I'm learning :D. I also missed a meal today.
    -1 points [98 points]

DEC.18.06: Meals went as planned. Due to my overtraining/malnutrition/exhaustion I found myself short on strength for chest and tricep day. I didn't work out a new plan, but I'm going by what I said yesterday pretty much. I'm going to remove a point for being lazy and not fixing a critical portion of my routine: diet! I HAVE to do this tomorrow.
    -1 points [97 points]

DEC.19.06: Well, I had a family dinner to go to tonight. This cheat meal has been planned and accounted for already. The last cheat meal of the month is also this weekend, and then I'm done for the rest of the month. I feel like this month I haven't progressed much, and now due to me burning out, it's not fair that I'm still in this challenge without going by my original plan. Oh well, plans change. I guess listening to my body is more important. I should have done that from the start. I'm doing this challenge for me, to keep me honest and to keep me focussed. Tomorrow I'm going to bump up my calories up to 2800 or so for a few weeks and see what happens.
    -0 points [97 points]

DEC.20.06: I forgot that last night before dinner I had a shot of brandy. So, let's adjust point count for that. Today, however, everything went great. Good meals, good workout, good energy overall. I'm glad I'm feeling up to par again, even though I haven't yet increased my caloric intake. Since its the only thing I've had to do for the past few days, I'm going to take off a point from yesterday and from today for slacking.
    -3 points [94 points]

DEC.21.06: So maybe I was unfair to myself yesterday, but whatever. I felt like docking more points this month because it hasn't been picture perfect and I know I can do better. Like today, I had a chocolate :spank:. Not acceptable. I went skating, however, and that was pretty good. Tomorrow I might join in a pick up game, even though I've never officially played real hockey. So I'm going to do my leg workout on Saturday so I'm not drained for the game. I revised my meal plan with increased calories. Let's hope January will be a better month.
    -1 points [93 points]

DEC.22.06: Forgot to update this when I got home. Played some shinny hockey at midnight and didn't get home til 2:30. I suck at hockey.
    -1 points [92 points]

DEC.23.06: Last cheat meal of the month was done today. It was my grandmother's birthday. Luckily Christmas isn't very big at my household, and it helps that our Christmas isn't celebrated until January 7th (being Orthodox and all) -- so I don't have much to worry about cheat meal wise. Leg workout was good.
    -0 points [92 points]

DEC.24.06: Rest day. All meals as planned.
    -0 points [92 points]

DEC.25.06: Cardio? -- check. Chest/Triceps? -- check. All meals? -- check.
    -0 points [92 points]

DEC.26.06: Forgot to update. Cardio was good, meals were good except I snacked on a small piece of chocolate.
    -2 points [90 points]

DEC.27.06: Missed my morning cardio because I wanted to sleep in. I had strange dreams at least. Back/Biceps went well. Meals were all good. It kind of sucks I'm sub 90 points now. Oh well, next month will definately be better.
    -1 points [89 points]

DEC.28.06: Went skating twice today. Once during the day, then later in the evening my buddies and I were bored so we grabbed a few hockey sticks and drove about 40 kms to Nathan Phillips Square, an outdoor skating arena in Toronto. I got all 6 meals in, but I was up later than expected. I missed this update due to getting home late.
    -1 points [88 points]

DEC.29.06: Slept in from the late night. Had a good Leg/Shoulder workout. Got all meals in, however I packed a meal that tasted gross so I had a homemade hamburger leftover in my girlfriend's fridge. It was sooo good. I had a couple wedges of a chocolate orange. Man, my pointcount really went downhill fast.
    -1 points [87 points]

DEC.30.06: Wow, today was pretty craptacular. I took another day off cardio. I replaced one of my meals with the equivalent in chocolate and cashews. Then I snacked on some more chocolate later in the evening. I feel so bad I let myself get this way. I've had chocolate like 6 times this month at least, but nothing as bad as today. Probably 500 calories worth of the stuff. Ugh. I had a stomach ache after. No more chocolate/candies for a loooong time. I can do much better than this. January will be all work and no play. This point count is getting ridiculous. 97 last month and 84 now? Christ. I'm sure it hasn't helped my goals one bit. I will be SO glad when December is over. This month is pure evil.
    -3 points [84 points]

DEC.31.06: Well I tried to do well today, but it just didn't happen. Instead of having a good, wholesome meal in the evening, I had some cheat finger food snacks. And since I ate those like crazy, I didn't want to overkill on the calories and skipped my last meal. At least this month is over and I can stop making holiday excuses now.
    -2 points [82 points]

#3 unionordeath, Nov 23, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2007
  4. TMLJ

TMLJ Active Member

Well I know you said please don't join unless you are in this 100%, but I really want to try and make it all the way through December. I know that November was a bust for me, but I can't let that get me down. I need to do this!

So I am in. My goals for December are:

Goals: I want to drop 12 pounds.

Workout schedule:

Mon, Wed, Fri: Cardio for 45 minutes every morning at 7am.

Tues, Thur, Sat: Strength Training for 45 minutes every morning at 7am.

Meal schedule: Five meals a day. No cheat meals.

Stats:

weight:

Body Fat:

Chest:

Hips:

Thighs:

Waist:

5. floky

floky Active Member

floky's official December 100 challenge

====Goals====
    Fat loss - 4. month of transformation (try to lose additional 2-4 kg)
    NO ALCOHOL :nono:
    Stay above 90 points.

====Comments====
    I'm in for another month!
    The end of last month was unsuccessfull because of number of reasons which I do not want to bring up here. This period is now over and show must to go on.
    Let's start!

====Diet====
    5 meals per day, no cheat meals

Breakfast (8 AM): Protein shake
    Morning snack (11 AM): Fruits
    Lunch (2 PM): Normal lunch
    Afternoon snack (5 PM): Sallad or Fruits or Protein shake
    Dinner (8 PM): Family dinner

====Workout====
    Friday: Weight training - arms & chest, Streching (30min)
    Saturday: Streching (30min), HIIT cardio (20-30min stationary bike or stepper)
    Sunday: Rest - no training
    Monday: Weight training - legs & shulders, Streching (30min)
    Tuesday: Streching (30min), LISS cardio (45min running)
    Wednesday: Weight training - abs & back, Streching (30min)
    Thursday: Streching (30min), LISS cardio (45min running)

================
    STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 89 kg
    BODY FAT: 26
    CHEST: 108
    HIPS: 101
    WAIST: 102

====Daily reports====

Start: 100 points

[Week 1]
    01.Dec.2006: [100 points]
    I'm not feeling very strong and motivated to start again after last week's failure, but I suppose this is normal.
    First day is 'meditation' day and I'm preparing myself mentally for the next month. I know I'll have many challenges as we approach Christmas holidays, and I know there will be additional pressure at work, but I also know that I can manage it if I'm 100% committed.
    This month I'm also going to have my knee examined by a doctor (finally!) so there might be some impact to the workout if I get some medical treatment. Will update the plan accordingly...

02.Dec.2006: [100 points]
    Finally one really good day after some time. Training was good so were meals. I could make a dinner 'lighter', but I didn't want to dissapoint my friend who made it specially for our family. In total: great day in line with the program, no lost points.

03.Dec.2006: [100 points]
    No workout today, all meals were good and on time. No lost points. It was nice Sunday, very unusal for this period, like we are in the middle of the spring so we used it to go out and spend couple of hours in the nearby mountain. Got some fresh air, feeling good and 'clean'.

[Week 2]
    04.Dec.2006: [100 points]
    Another 'clean' day. Workout was good and all meals were on time. I didn't eat too much for dinner which is also improvement. Feeling much better. It's good to be back :)

05.Dec.2006: [100 points]
    I had a great running session today. It was the longest and the fastest one so far. And I didn't feel exhausted, just tired as usual. Meals were good and on time except dinner which was little bit late, but not too much. Will not deduct a point for that...

06.Dec.2006: [99 points]
    Had an unscheduled very late meal (after normal dinner) so -1 point for today. Everything else was really fine and I'm very sorry I have to deduct a point :(

07.Dec.2006: [99 points]
    I had a good run again. It was little bit harder then last time and I felt more tired, but it was OK. Meals were also good and on time. I noticed two things regarding my meals in last couple of days: I'm much more hungry then usual and I have strong need for sweets, especially chocolate which is very strange since I'm not addicted to sweets at all. I wonder if I should change something in my diet. I will pay more attention in next days in order to identify the problem...

08.Dec.2006: [98 points]
    Missed morning snack due to the heavy business schedule. Somehow I don't find it very hard to deduct a point for missed meal. On the other hand it was different yesterday when I had an unscheduled meal. I was very, very angry because of it. But when I miss a meal my feeling is that it cannot make it bad and (although I need to take down one point), I'm satisfied. I know it's not good because the idea is not to eat less, but that's how I feel.
    Training and other meals were good. I'm going for early sleep tonight since in last copule of days I was sleeping 4 hours in average so I need good rest.

09.Dec.2006: [95 points]
    Good training and perfect meals were ruined during the evening with a beer which I couldn't resist: a good friend of mine came in to see a new flat we recently moved in so we relaxed and the rest is history.
    Besides, I feel terrible and my stomach is about to explode. Each time I say to myself it's not going to happen again. Although I'm much, much better then 4 months ago (in similar cases I would have at least 3-4 beers), it's still not good enough. What can I say? I'm not commited enough? I'm weak? I need to meditate more?
    Good thing is that I do not feel well so I probably won't repeat it for a while. Bad thing is that I have a history of failures. I will surely need to introduce additional motivation tools and techniques.

10.Dec.2006: [95 points]
    Nice Sunday. Ate clean. No lost points.

[Week 3]
    11.Dec.2006: [95 points]
    Monday was good except that I had some problems with meals schedule. I also didn't take as much calories as planned, but will not deduct a point for that. Training was good.
    This was first day this winter when temperature dropped below 5 degrees celsius. This is very unusual: it should be snowing already and the temperature should be way below zero. This winter is very warm so far and it allowed me to do my cardio trainings outdoors. Now, when it's starting to be cold, it's going to be a new challenge...

12.Dec.2006: [95 points]
    It was a very nice running session I had today. Couple of days ago a friend of mine started to run with me and since currently I'm in much better shape then he is (he is just starting his fat loss program), I find our jogging little bit easy. But not today. He stopped after approx 30 minutes and I continued to run for another 20 minutes with much higher intensity and it was great exercise.
    I was eating clean whole day long so I keep all remaining points. It was probably the best days so far this month...

13.Dec.2006: [95 points]
    Another clean day with good training. Each time I need to do my home workout (weight lifting) I have a motivation problem. I don't have such problem when I have to do the cardio session, running is what I really enjoy. It was no different today, I had a trouble to start but once I started it was great. It's good to know that for the next time :)

14.Dec.2006: [94 points]
    Missed lunch because of the business meeting. Didn't eat much whole day, but managed to get other meals on time. Everything else was fine, especially my cardio session. I'm satisfied with the progress so far.

15.Dec.2006: [93 points]
    Missed training = -1 point. I was just too tired and I didn't feel well. Ate clean whole day. Tomorrow is another day and this one I hope I will forget soon.

16.Dec.2006: [93 points]
    Great running session today. I did approx. 8 km in less then 45 minutes which I consider very good comparing to the fact that only 3 months ago I was unable to make 5 km (in any time) :)
    The winter finaly decided to show up. Temperature is slowly decreasing and it's currently around zero. In a couple of weeks we should have snow and temperature will drop below -5. I still don't have solution for my 'indoor' cardio sessions and it looks like I'll have to manage gym workouts which proved to be very hard task in the past. But I will not drop it. This period is very important for several reasons and I need to continue and show additional progress in my transformation.

17.Dec.2006: [91 points]
    Sunday... when I don't have training I usualy have trouble in keeping the pace with meals. I skipped the afternoon snack because I was not hungry at all (I probably ate too much for lunch) and I had cheat meal late in the evening because I was starving. I should have gone to sleep instead but I just couldn't resist it. So -2 points for me this weekend: one for missed meal and one for cheat meal.
    When I think better, I did all my meals, right? I think I'm going to reconsider these two points :)

[Week 4]
    18.Dec.2006: [89 points]
    Another two points lost :(
    I didn't do my workout and I missed afternoon snack. There are no excuses, and I will not try to explain what happen. I just know that from now on (until the end of the year) it's going to be VERY hard to keep the plan. Christmas... parties... official dinners... celebrations...
    We'll see. I'm still determined to keep as much points as possible. I just don't know how strong (mentally) I am...

19.Dec.2006: [84 points]
    (no update + missed training + alcohol = -5 points )

20.Dec.2006: [80 points]
    Today I had 3 Christmas parties with different business partners. This enabled good meals which were (fortunately) on time but it also introduced the possibility to drink alcohol which (unfortunately) I couldn't resist. Besides, when I got back home I didn't have enough energy to do my workout so in total I have -4 points.

21.Dec.2006:
    22.Dec.2006:
    23.Dec.2006:
    24.Dec.2006:

[Week 5]
    25.Dec.2006:
    26.Dec.2006:
    27.Dec.2006:
    28.Dec.2006:
    29.Dec.2006:
    This is probably the worst time of the year. In addition to all food and alcohol temptations I had some private problems so it was very difficult to keep up. In one word: I failed.
    It's hard to calculate lost points for this period so I'll put it on average:
    * -1 point (no update)
    * -1 point (no training)
    * -1 point (cheat meal)
    * -1 point (missed meal)
    * -3 points (alcohol)
    total: -7 points for each day (sometimes it was better, but sometimes it was worse so I think this is fair enough...)

Remaining points: 80 - 9*7 = 17

Today I went to see doctor regarding my knee problem and he told me I should have a surgery if I want to continue with sport activities. He allowed running, swimming, bycicle and gym, red light for skiing and all contact sports. If I choose to have a surgery (which is, I suppose, inevitably), the earliest time to do it is end of March. Next week I will go to hospital to subscribe to the waiting list. In the meantime I will search the net for additional information about my injury, maybe I will submit some questions to this community...

Will try to keep next two days clean as much as possible.
    Will apply for next month challenge although I failed so much. I know I can do better.

30.Dec.2006:
    (no update)

31.Dec.2006: [16 points]
    This month is an example how one can ruin whatever he did good in just couple of days. I reached 86 kg in mid December and now I'm back on 89 (the same I had when December challenge started).

================
    END STATS
    WEIGHT: 89 kg
    BODY FAT: 26
    CHEST: 106
    HIPS: 99
    WAIST: 106

#5 floky, Nov 24, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  6. The Greenman

The Greenman Well-Known Member

so excited!

My first 100 Challenge!

Those are tough times I'm going through these days, just like any other 23y\o student . So I can use the challenge to keep me motivated and obligated to my goals. The only thing that I change in my current plan is taking my progress more seriously, and its about time I do so!

Main goals:
    - to test how my body reacts to bulking and gain some muscle while doing so.
    - to see that 1-0-0 points in the end of the month :P (above 90 will suffice).
    - to be honest and hard on myself, deduct points on every miss I make and get no excuses what so ever.

Long term goal:
    - Get in shape for the first time in my life.
    - Motivate others with my success. (not to show off….some ppl need to see results before picking the path).
    - To feel good with myself.
    - To fit a Wolverine costume until the upcoming Purim holyday (4 monthes).

W\o Schedule: (will be edited before starting)

Sunday: Fasted Cardio (2.5km)
    Monday: Abs w\o.
    Tuesday: Chest & Shoulders.
    Wednesday: Fasted Cardio (2.5km
    Thursday: Legs \ Back (Big muscle groups, I prefer to take GM's advice and train each of them on with a week interval.)
    Friday: Rest day. ( No Cardio - can't run after a good leg w\o anyway :) )
    Saturday: Fasted Cardio (5km), Arms.

Meal Schedule:

I'm going to eat according to my appetite, I know its not best for Bulking, but I'm not planning to force myself on eating more then I can \ want. So far, my body hasn't failed on telling me how much and when it wants to eat and I'm taking that ability with me into bulking. Anyway, being the big man that I am I'll probably eat more then 4 meals a day, therefore I set the minimum amount of daily meals to 4. If I consume less then that I'll deduct a point. Cheat meal will be allowed once a week, on Wednesdays only, optional only. I will avoid it if possible.

Water: Minimum of 3 liters a day.

STARTING STATS
    HEIGHT:189 cm
    WEIGHT:104 kg
    BODY FAT: %22.5 (according to healthcentral)
    BICEPS:13.5"
    FOREARMS:12"
    HIPS (Standing with feet about 4 inches apart) : 41.7"
    THIGHS:25"
    CALVES:17.5"
    BUTT (measured at widest part): 44.3"
    BELLY (measured at widest part, 2 inches under belly button): 45"

Before Picture:
    [​IMG]
    29\11\06

POINT COUNT:

DAILY LOG

[week 1]
    01. Dec. 2006: all done. 4 meals consumed along with more then 3 literes of water. can't wait for tomorrow!
    02. Dec. 2006: I'm eating my 4th meal while updating this post. did my Fasted Crdio (5km - 31:54) and had my Arms W\o. good start.

[week 2]
    03. Dec. 2006: did my cardio (2.5km - 13:54), ate 6 meals and drank more then 3 literes.
    04. Dec. 2006: All done. Its 15 minutes from tomorrow, but I'm done with my W\o, 4 meals and water. just for the record: I'm eating fruits!
    05. Dec. 2006: did my W\o. I think it was the best Chest & Shoulders w\o i have ever had. ate 5 meals and drank all water.
    06. Dec. 2006: did my Jog (2.5km - 13:02), had my cheat meal (Brown sugar covered puffed oat meal with 3% milk), ate 4 meals and drank all water.
    07. Dec. 2006: had my leg W\o, boy I'm beat! Ate 6 meals and drank all water!
    08. Dec. 2006: Did a morning jog thanks to Gila's encoragement! (2.5km - 14:07). Ate 5 meals and drank all water.
    09. Dec. 2006: Did my cardio (5km - 31:17). Shared a snak with GM and that shall be my first point deducted (-1). had my Arm W\o and consumed all meals and water.

[week 3]
    10 Dec. 2006: Thanks to the lack of time, I had to combine another task with my Cardio. so, did my cardio but not the best. all done. My whole body is aching. I better get some rest.
    11. Dec. 2006: had my Ab w\o. had 5 meals and all water. I have a night without sleeping tonight thanks to homework. Hope i can mannage tomorrow's schedule.
    12. Dec. 2006: Just had my w\o. and I'm now feasting on my 6th meal.
    13. Dec. 2006: Had my cardio (2.5km - 13:16), ate 5 meals and a cheat meal. unfortunatly, my cheat meal wasn't setisfying enough so I added a chocolate bar to it. unplanned cheat meal (-1).
    14. Dec. 2006: All done. had a great back & traps w\o with GM's company. ate 6 meals and drank all water.
    15. Dec. 2006: Had a fine resting day. did great on progressing my Newest animation project! ate 4 meals and drank all water.
    16. Dec. 2006: GM say I draged her to the Gym, well....If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have gone either. So,I had my Jog (5km - 30:29), had a partial w\o since I'm experiancing a wierd flu. I hope I can jog tomorrow. Ate 5 meals drank all water.

[week 4]
    17. Dec. 2006: Although I'm suffering an uncalled for Flu, I gave joging a try, and croke my record! (2.5km - 12:58!). which brought me to my conclusion that Sickness is only a state of mind! Ate 4 meals drinking all water. I feel better now that the jog has been done.
    18. Dec. 2006: Done everything. Since I won't be home on the next two days, i did tomorrow's W\o along with today's.
    19. Dec. 2006: Ate 4 meals, drank enough water, did today's w/o yesterday.
    20. Dec. 2006: Ate 4 meals, Drank enough water (hopefully). Missed morning cardio. (-1).
    21. Dec. 2006: I have been called away from home for 3 days 19th - 21st. I couldn't continue following the challange. I'm not sure that I should take the points off. although I missed lots of points thanks to it. ate 3 meals, drank only 1.5 literes of water and prosponed my leg w/o for tomorrow. what a poopy day. (if decide to deduced: -3). couldn't update on time (-1) :(.
    22. Dec. 2006:I still feel weak thanks to the flu i suffered from for a week now. GM draged me to the Gym so I was able to hadve my w\o as planed, ate 4 meals and drank all water. Thanks Gila.
    23. Dec. 2006: had to prospone (sp) my jog to the evening since it was raining the whole morning. I had my jog (5km - 31:47) and my W\o right afterwards. Jogging before a w\o is an interesting combination, I'll have to research about it alittle more. had 4 meals and water. I feel crappy, I'm happy this week is finally over. My body is becomming very tired, 6-8 hours sleep just don't seem to do the trick. I'll have to reconsider joining next month's challenge.

[week 5]
    24. Dec. 2006: did my morning Cardio (2.5km - 14:47). it has been less then 11 hours since I finished yesterday's 5km jog, I'm totally beat. My body is tired, weak and aching. I blame my arm w\o for the pain I feel in my chest, for its not the first time i feel that pain after doing Arms w\o - I'll have to change my arm w\o routin. Ate 4 meals and drank all water.
    25. Dec. 2006: did my ab w\o. Its 19:50 and I ate only 2 meals so far. Good thing I'm not gonna sleep tonight, so I still have time to consume the rest of "today" meals. Keeping the challenge is getting really hard thanks to collage matters.
    26. Dec. 2006: Did my chest & shoulders w\o. one of the meals I ate today consisted white flour crackers and buiscits (sp). although I don't want to put it as a cheat meal, but as much as I want to keep my score above 90, I decide to deduct the point and stand for my "don't take any excuses" saying. (-1).
    27. Dec. 2006: I got lots of wonderful excuses, though I'm not gonna use any. missed my Jog and failed to update my post. (-2). ate 4 meal (might be more) and drank all water.
    28. Dec. 2006: Had an unplanned Cheat meal. (-1). I failed one of my Challenge goals :(. I'll go have my Back & Traps w\o now, no matter what. W\o done. It has been one of my best back w\os. I'm now eating my 4th meal and finishing my 2nd bottle of water.
    29. Dec. 2006: Did my Rest, It was hard, but somehow I made it. I like the effort I put in my challenge ;P. Ate all meals and drank all water.
    30. Dec. 2006: Did my jog (5km - 30:23). came back from working on GM's and mine animation project at 23:50. I don't have enough energy for the Gym so I'll have to pass :( (-1). ate all food and drank all water. tomorrow is the last day of 2006 and my first challenge.

[week 6]
    31. Dec. 2006: did my jog, ate my meals and drank water. This update summerise my first 100 Points Challenge with the score of 88. As the year 2006 join the books of history, I'd like to wish everyone a "Happy New Year". May you know only good times, even when lifting and following your schedule becomes hard. Be happy...

END STATS:
    HEIGHT:[cm / inches] 189 / 74.4"
    WEIGHT: [kg / lbs] : 100 / 220
    BODY FAT: 20.5% (according to healthcentral) = -2%!
    BICEPS: 14.1" = +0.9"!
    FOREARMS: 12.3" = +0.3"
    HIPS (Standing with feet about 4 inches apart) : 41.1 = -0.6"
    THIGHS: 26 = +1"
    WAIST (measured at the narrowest part of the torso):
    BELLY (measured 2 inches below belly button): 43.5" = -1.5"
    CALVES: 17.6" = +0.1"
    BUTT: (measured at widest part): 43.3" = -1"

After Picture:
    [​IMG]

Total Score: 88

Good luck to us all!!!

Conclusions:
    - I should change my W\o schedule. Saturday should conssist a w\o that takes longer then Arm w\o. I should probably put my Chest & Shoulders w\o on that day in which I have more spare time.
    - Jogging should be reduced or at least rescheduled. My legs are beat from the W\o, and don't have enough time to rest thanks to all the cardio I have scheduled so far.
    - I *HAVE* to buy new running shoes. My old New Balance are breaking apart, taking my health with'em. My calves are aching while jogging, my shoe lace has no resistance to the road and the angle my leg touches the road is not good (which cause me the pain).
    - Still have to get my hands on some Protein shake.
    - I should sleep more. My body seems to need more recovering time then I give it.
    - Although I failed my challenge, I would still like to take it as a really successful one. This was my first challenge and I should count it as a very successful one, just for completing it with a high score and hopfully, nice results.

#6 The Greenman, Nov 24, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2006
  7. joe84

joe84 Active Member

BODY TYPE: Mesomorph

COMMENT:
    Third month of my cutting program, I dropped 13-14lbs of fat during the October & November challenges. Finished with 95 points last month & some great gains. This month my main aim is to focus on my nutrition by tracking my intake & macros exactly. Also I want to expand my horizons in terms of my diet & make sure not to over indulge during the Christmas holidays!

Basal Metobolic Rate = 2197 Calories
    Active Metobolic Rate = 3405 Calories
    Cutting Calorie Intake = 2405 Calories

WORKOUT SCHEDULE:
    Monday: Weight training: Shoulders & Arms (PM)
    Tuesday: Rugby Training or Cardio - HIIT (PM)
    Wednesday: Weight training: Legs & Abs (PM)
    Thursday: Rugby Training or Cardio - HIIT (PM)
    Friday: Weight training: Chest & Back (PM)
    Saturday: Cardio - HIIT (PM)
    Sunday: Rugby Match or Day Off

MEAL SCHEDULE:
    Five meals per day - approx 480 Calories per meal. Macros 43:37:20. One cheat meal per week. Plus Protein/ Carb/ Creatine powder supplement, vitamin C & Omega 3 Oils pills.

STARTING STATS:
    WEIGHT: 212lbs
    BODY FAT: 16% (Health Central)
    ARMS: 14.6"
    CALVES: 18.9"
    CHEST: 42.7"
    NECK: 16.3"
    FOREARMS: 12.2"
    WRIST: 7.5"
    HIPS: 41.7"
    THIGH: 25.2"
    WAIST: 38.1"

END STATS:
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG:

WEEK 1:
    DEC 1: Chest & Back workout done (great workout), increased all exercises 10%. Scheduled meals & sups/vitamins taken [100 points]
    DEC 2: Took my day off today, I've no rugby game tomorrow so I'll do my weekend cardio then. Scheduled meals & vitamins taken [100 points]
    DEC 3: Cardio Session - HIIT on threadmill. Scheduled meals & vitamins taken [100 points]
    DEC 4: Shoulders & Arms workout done, increased one or two exercises 10%. Scheduled meals & sups/vitamins taken [100 points]
    DEC 5: Played 5 a-side soccer for my cardio session tonight (90min). Scheduled meals & vitamins taken [100 points]
    DEC 6: Legs & Abs workout tonight, went really well considering I had planned to skip it altogether because of the tear in my calf muscle (mentioned in last months post). But I just worked around the calf muscle & it was feeling fine towards the end so I did my set of Calf Raises anyways. I think I'm over the injury, except for when running for extended periods. Increased all my exercises 10%. Scheduled meals & sups/vitamins taken [100 points]
    DEC 7: No rugby training or cardio session tonight because of a family xmas party, but i'll make up for that by doing a cardio session on Saturday & Sunday. The xmas meal was my scheduled cheat meal for the week, it wasn't so bad: lots of turkey and veg but I had a slice of cake aswell. Scheduled meals & vitamins taken [100 points]

WEEK 2:
    DEC 8: No time for a workout tonight, it's my company's Xmas party so i'll get my Chest & Back workout done tomorrow or Sunday. Scheduled meals & vitamins taken [100 points]
    DEC 9: Didn't make it do the gym at all today, so that's a missed cardio session (-1). Scheduled meals & vitamins taken [99 points]
    DEC 10: Chest & Back workout done today, increased all exercises 10%. No rugby game today either so I did a HIIT session on the treadmill to make up for Thursday's missed cardio. Scheduled meals & sups/vitamins taken. [99 points]
    DEC 11: Legs & Abs workout done tonight since I did an upper body workout yesterday, so I'll get my Arms & Shoulders Workout done on Wednesday night. Scheduled meals & sups/vitamins taken. [99 points]
    DEC 12: No rugby training tonight but I played 5 aside soccer for 60mins for my cardio session. Scheduled meals & sups/vitamins taken. [99 points]
    DEC 13: Shoulders & Arms workout done, increased all exercises 10-15%. Scheduled meals & sups/vitamins taken. [99 points]
    DEC 14: Rugby training done tonight. Scheduled meals & sups/vitamins taken. [99 points]

WEEK 3:
    DEC 15: Chest & Back workout done tonight, incresed all exercises 10%. Scheduled meals & sups/vitamins taken. [99 points]
    DEC 16: Cardio session today was HIIT on the treadmill & on the bike. Scheduled meals & sups/vitamins taken. [99 points]
    DEC 17: Played a rugby game today (won 12-6). Scheduled meals & sups/vitamins taken. [99 points]
    DEC 18: Arms & Shoulders workout done, great session! Scheduled meals & sups/vitamins taken. [99 points]
    DEC 19: Legs & Abs workout done tonight, increased all exercises 10%. Also played 5 aside soccer for 90min as my cardio for tonight so I have tomorrow night off, my sister is home from the states. Scheduled meals & sups/vitamins taken. [99 points]
    DEC 20: Scheduled night-off tonight. Scheduled meals & sups/vitamins taken. [99 points]
    DEC 21: Great cardio session done tonight, HIIT on the treadmill & the bike. Scheduled meals & a cheat meal plus sups/vitamins taken. [99 points]

WEEK 4:
    DEC 22: Missed my workout tonight so I'll get it done tomorrow. Scheduled meals & sups/vitamins taken. [99 points]
    DEC 23: Chest & Back workout done today plus HIIT on the bike. Scheduled meals & sups/vitamins taken. [99 points]
    DEC 24: No cardio session done today plus an unscheduled cheat meal (-2). Scheduled meals & sups/vitamins taken. [97 points]
    DEC 25: Scheduled day off today & scheduled cheat meal - xmas dinner! Scheduled meals & a cheat meal plus sups/vitamins taken. [97 points]
    DEC 26: Played a soccer game for cardio today - 90mins. Scheduled meals & sups/vitamins taken. [97 points]
    DEC 27: Played a rugby game for cardio today - 80mins. Had an unscheduled cheat meal (-1). Scheduled meals & sups/vitamins taken. [96 points]
    DEC 28: Missed my workout today (-1). Scheduled meals & sups/vitamins taken. [96 points]

WEEK 5:
    DEC 29: Shoulders & Arms workout done today, increased all exercises 10%. Scheduled meals & sups/vitamins taken. [96 points]
    DEC 30: Legs & Abs workout done today, increased all exercises 10%. Scheduled meals & sups/vitamins taken. [96 points]
    DEC 31: Missed my workout today (-1) GYM closed early for New Years. Scheduled meals & sups/vitamins taken. [95 points]

Conclusion:
    Another good month, gained size & power. Improved my diet aswell with the help of some new additions & didn't overdo it at Christmas. Looking forward to continuing on in to the new year!

#7 joe84, Nov 24, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  8. Gila Monster

Gila Monster Well-Known Member

I'm in again. :tu:

GOALS:
    * Consistency!!! Work outs should be done even if I feel a little sleepy! (Having the w/o done is so much more benefitting than getting that extra half an hour of sleep).
    * Gain muscle
    * Drink at least 3 liters of water per day.
    * Have at least 5 meals per day, protein in each meal.
    * 1 Cheat meal per week (optional). No extreme junk food.
    * No diary products, unless its a cheat meal.

COMMENTS: Despite last month's conclusions, I'd like to proceed with the bulking plan, since my body reacted so nicely to what little work I've done. I would like to be less of a slacker this time and see even better results. I'll stick to the 5 meal/day regeme for now untill I figure out what's best for my body dietwise.

MEAL SCHEDULE
    5 meals per day, aiming for 6. One cheat meal per week (cheat meals may not include an enormous amount of junk food. 1 chocolate bar is ok, 5 is not. Best version of cheat meal is to have all the fruits I can eat per meal). No diary products unless it's a cheat meal (diary makes me feel puffy and bloated).

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    [might be changed]
    Sunday: 30 minutes of AM fasted MISS
    Monday: Ab work out
    Tuesday: 30 minutes of AM fasted LISS
    Wednesday: Arms training (biceps, triceps, forearms)
    Thursday: Leg training
    Friday: 30 minutes of AM fasted MISS; Back, Traps training
    Saturday: Chest, Shoulders training

STARTING STATS [kg / lbs] : [cm / inches]
    WEIGHT: 56kg/123.45 pounds (what a cool number)
    BODY FAT: (according to healthcentral)
    (fat: LBM: ) 20% body fat [11.2 Kilograms of fat and 44.8 Kilograms of LBM]
    BICEPS: 24.7cm/9.72"
    FOREARMS: 22.86cm/9"
    HIPS (Standing with feet about 4 inches apart): 90.6cm/35.6"
    THIGHS: 52.2cm/20.67"
    WAIST (measured at the narrowest part of the torso): 71cm/28"
    BELLY (measured 2 inches below belly button): 85.6cm/33.7"
    CALVES: 33.2cm/13"
    BUTT (Measured at the widest part): 93.5/36.8"

POINT COUNT: 55

DAILY LOG

[week 1]
    01. Dec. 2006 - Did my morning jog! Had my w/o, ate 5 meals, drank at least 3 liters of water.
    02. Dec. 2006 - Had a wonderful chest-shoulders work out! Ate 6 meals. Drank a sufficient amount of water.

[week 2]
    03. Dec. 2006 - Did my morning cardio, had 5 meals, drank at least 3 liters of water.
    04. Dec. 2006 - it's 14 minutes from tomorrow and here's my report: I Had 3 liters of water, did my ab work out (at 23:00, that was close). Missed one meal because of the crazy school schedule (-1). I hate mondays... But at least I did the ab w/o which I wanted to skip altogether... Thanks Greenman for keeping me motivated! :)
    05. Dec. 2006 - I couldn't do my morning cardio because of college chores *sigh* (-1). Otherwise I ate 5 meals and drank at least 3 liters of water.
    06. Dec. 2006 - Had my arm w/o. It took too long, but I did it. Had 5 meals and drank way more than 3 liters of water.
    07. Dec. 2006 - Missed the work out (-1) because I decided to go to bed instead. Had 5 meals, 1 of them was cheat meal. Drank water.
    08. Dec. 2006 - Since I decided to miss yesterday's w/o in afvor of getting more sleep I woke up feeling very energetic. I really needed that sleep. I had a wonderful morning run. 5km in 28m and 17 sec. Anyway, I do want to train all my muscles - be it on time or not, so I will combine today's back w/o with the missed leg w/o, and work on my traps tomorrow instead of today so not to make the w/o annoyingly long. I had 1 chocolate snack because I didn't enjoy yesterday's cheat meal (-1), ate 5 meals, drank water, had a not great back and hamstrings w/o.
    09. Dec. 2006 Had 5 meals. Did my w/o (wasn'r great, but wasn't bad either), drank enough water. Had an unplanned snack (-1) :o . I guess I still see food as a consolation sometimes and today was particularly poopy so I desparately needed something sweet and chocolatey. In my defence I must say those kinds of happeninjgs have been extremely rare since I started the challenges. Oh what the heck! i needed that chocolate and I enjoyed every last bit of it! :D

[week 3]
    10 Dec. 2006 - I did my morning run and felt wonderfully energetic afterwards. I also had about 7+ hours of sleep the night before so the run was quite not as difficult as usual. Had 5 meals and at least 3 liters of water.
    11. Dec. 2006 I did my ab w/o, had plenty of water and had 5 meals. I drank some chocolate milk but I'm not gonna deduce a point because it was either the chocolate milk or feeling an unsatisfied hunger. Since I'm currently bulking I felt it would be best to drink it. Also I decided to revamp my w/o schedule to fit m studying schedule better:

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Sunday: 30 minutes of AM fasted MISS
    Monday: Ab work out
    Tuesday: Rest. A possible cheat meal day.
    Wednesday: 30 minutes of AM fasted MISS, Chest, Shoulders training
    Thursday: Back, Traps training
    Friday: 30 minutes of AM fasted MISS; Leg training
    Saturday: Arms training (biceps, triceps, forearms)

12. Dec. 2006 - Today was a fun day of liesure! I had 5 meals and rested. And had a cheat meal. Life is good!
    13. Dec. 2006 - Had a great morning run and a crappy w/o - I caught that headache john was talking about... had 5 meals, 1 of them was an unplanned cheat meal. (-1).
    14. Dec. 2006 - Had a Great w/o, ate only 4 meals (-1) - couldn't take it all down, drank enough water!
    15. Dec. 2006 I fetl particularly lazy today and missed my morning cardio :eek: :mad: . Actually, I also felt quite hungry this morning and I didn't have the time to eat first, then wait a little and then run, but the reason I skipped the jog is basically laziness, so (-1). I find this very severe, so to compensate for today's bad behavir I wll run tomorrow morning, and will deduce another point if I don't - even though it's not scheduled. At least tomorrow I will have a running partner! :) Missed a w/o (-1), missed 1 meal (-1). Had enough water.
    16. Dec. 2006 - I missed morning cardio due to illness (-1). Ate 5 meals. Drank enough water. The Greenman dragged me to make today's planned w/o so I didn't miss that! Yay! Thanks Greenie. Otherwise, I feel better. I probably will have to miss tomorrow's morning run because of pressing school work :/

[week 4]
    17. Dec. 2006 - Missed morning cardio as expected (-1). had 5 meals and drank plenty of water otherwise. I tried to mix proteinpowder and peanut Butter today... Good Lord I don't understand how people can swallow that stuff - it tastes like something spioled!!!
    18. Dec. 2006 I had 5 meals, plenty of water and my ab w/o. I still can feel that horrible taste of protein powder + peanut butter in my mouth.
    19. Dec. 2006 - Rest day. Ate 5 meals, drank plenty of water. Had my cheat meal - a few chocolate camdies. I think I'm gonna cut off all cheat mealt for the rest of the challenge.
    20. Dec. 2006 - Did my morning run. 5.6 km in 31:35. Had an unplanned snack (a few more chocolate candies :o ) (-1). Did my chest-shoulders w\o. Drank enough water. Ate 5 meals.
    21. Dec. 2006 - Missed today's w/o, missed 1 meal. (-2). All other things are in check otherwise.
    22. Dec. 2006 - Missed morning cardio and had 1 not very decent meal (-2). Otherwise, had plenty of water and 5 meals. Did my leg w/o which wasn't one of the best since I was half asleep when doing it, but I did it nonetheless. Thanks Greenie!
    23. Dec. 2006 - Missed morning jog (-1). Had 5 meals, barely wnough water. Missed w/o (-1).

[week 5]
    24. Dec. 2006 - Missed today's run. Instead, I will do it tomorrow in the moning - else I will deduce a piont. Had barely enough water and 5 meals.
    25. Dec. 2006 I'm spending the next 3 days in college, working on a project. I won't be able to work out, I hope i'll be able to eat and drink properly. Missed the ab w/o (-1), missed 2 meals (-2), didn't drink enough (-1).
    26. Dec. 2006 - DId yesterday's and tomorrow's w/o. Missed 1 meal (-1). Drank plenty of water. 1 more day of intense school work and I might be able to get some rest. Had a cheat meal.
    27. Dec. 2006
    28. Dec. 2006
    29. Dec. 2006 - missed 2 updates (-2), missed wednesday's cardio (-1), missed Thursday's w/o (-1) had a total of 5 unplanned snacks during the last 2 days (-5), missed a total of 4 meals (-4). Missed Cardio (-1) ,Missed my W\o (-1) , Missed two meals (-2) and ate one snack (-1) . Except for those, It has been a wonderful day :D .
    30. Dec. 2006 - Missed my w\o due to school work. (-1). Ate a snack (-1). Ate all meals and drank all water.

[week 6]
    31. Dec. 2006 - Had a morning run (5 km in 28:53). Had all meals, drank all water. Had an unplanned snack (-1).

END STATS [kg / lbs] : [cm / inches]
    WEIGHT: 57.5kg/126.76"
    BODY FAT: (according to healthcentral)
    (fat: LBM: ) 20.8% (11.43kg fat, 45.72kg muscle).
    BICEPS: 25.2cm/9.92"
    FOREARMS: 22.1cm/8.7"
    HIPS (Standing with feet about 4 inches apart): 91cm/35.82"
    THIGHS: 54.5cm/21.45"
    WAIST (measured at the narrowest part of the torso): 71.1cm/28"
    BELLY (measured 2 inches below belly button): 84.5cm/33.26"
    CALVES: 33.2cm/13.07"
    BUTT (measured at widest part): 94.6cm/37.24"

CONCLUSIONS

This month's bulking was a small success. I gained a whole 1kg/ 2.2lbs of muscle and 0.22kg/0.48 of fat. Because of the crazy last 2.5 weeks of the month I couldn't keep the bulking clean and gained more fat than I anticipated. Next month I will start a very slow and easy cut. I would go on bulking for another month, but I can't break the "I'm fat" psychologcal bareer :p )

#8 Gila Monster, Nov 24, 2006
  9. Depalma2002

Depalma2002 Active Member

GOAL: Slow-controlled bulk. Gain LBM while trying to maintain bf%

COMMENT: Coming off year-long weight loss. Still new to resistance training.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Total Body (AM) 45 mins LISS (PM)
    Tuesday: 45 mins LISS (fasted AM)
    Wednesday: Total Body (AM) 45 mins LISS (PM)
    Thursday: 45 mins LISS (fasted AM)
    Friday: Total Body (AM) 30 mins HIIT (PM)
    Saturday: 45 mins LISS (fasted AM)
    Sunday: rest day or 45 mins LISS (fasted AM) (optional)

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day. Maximum of 1 optional cheat meal per week.

STARTING STATS (cold/flexed)
    WEIGHT: 149
    BODY FAT: 16.1 (using Omron handheld fat analyzer)
    ARMS: 12
    CALVES: 13
    CHEST: 37
    FOREARMS: 10
    HIPS: 33.5
    THIGHS: 19.75
    WAIST: 33

END STATS (cold/flexed)
    WEIGHT: 154.5 (+5.5)
    BODY FAT: 15.2 (-.9)
    ARMS: 12 (no change)
    CALVES: 13.0 (+.5)
    CHEST: 38.0 (+1.0)
    FOREARMS: 10.25 (+.25)
    HIPS: 33.5 (no change)
    THIGHS: 20.25 (+.5)
    WAIST: 32.75 (-.25)

DAILY LOG
    DEC 1: Weight training went well today. Hit all my targets and will be increasing weight or reps on a couple of the exercises for Monday. The cardio did not go as well but it got done. It was a real struggle. Just never felt right. Did not get a full night's sleep and it seemed to really affect me here. Either that or my body is telling me to take a rest day. We'll see how tomorrow's session goes. Food was clean and all meals were on schedule.

-0 points [100 points]

DEC 2: Did my 45 minutes on the elliptical this morning and it felt really good. Yesterday's cardio struggles must have been just an off-day due to lack of sleep. Food was clean and on-schedule. Off to have the final meal now. A little cottage cheese and natural peanut butter and off to bed early.

-0 points [100 points]

DEC 3: 6 clean meals and did the optional carido (45 minutes on the stationary bike)

-0 points [100 points]

DEC 4: Nutrition and cardio was spot on. Weight training was completed as schduled today but was a little disappointing. I've been trying to push myself to increase reps/weight so much that I've been letting my form slip on a couple of the exercises. I had to drop the weight on a few exercises and really make sure my form was perfect. Need to remind myself not to rush the progress but to just let it happen. I'm not in a competition to lift the most weight (and if I were, I would be disqualified due to form anyway). If I keep lifting as heavy as I'm able with perfect form, the gains WILL come. I know that taking a step back and correcting my form will serve me best on the long run, but I can't help feeling a bit let down.

-0 points [100 points]

DEC 5: Felt a little under the weather today and didn't make it to the gym, but did get my 45 minutes in on the stationary bike at home. All six meals eaten according to plan.

-0 points [100 points]

DEC 6: A good full body workout today. I hit all my targets and unlike Monday, I was happy with my form on all exercises. Nutrition was once again spot on. After losing weight for a year, a slow clean bulk has been easy to follow.

-0 points [100 points]

DEC 7: 45 minutes of fasted cardio on the stationary bike this morning and ate 6 clean meals as scheduled.

-0 points [100 points]

DEC 8: I did my 30 minutes of HIIT a bit differently (for me) this time. I normally do speed intervals on the stationary bike. Going at normal pace for 1.5 minutes then all out for 1 minute and repeating for 10 reps. Today, I decided to do "hill" intervals. Same timing pattern but this time instead of going all out at the same resistance, I raised the resistance up 4 levels and maintained the RPM's. I definitely felt it in my legs more but I think overall, I like the speed intervals better. Nice to change things up a bit though. Eating, once again, went according to plan.

-0 points [100 points]

DEC 9: Cardio only day today. Did my 45 minutes on the stationary bike. Ate all 6 clean meals as planned.

-0 points [100 points]

DEC 10: Cardio was optional today, but I decided to do the 45 minutes on the stationary bike. Diet continues to go according to plan.

-0 points [100 points]

DEC 11: A great full body workout today. I raised my weight or reps on all 7 exercises and hit all my targets so will be raising weights and reps on all 7 again for Wednesday. I did my 45 minutes on the stationary bike and ate all 6 clean meals as scheduled. Finally broke down and picked up a Magic Bullet blender instead of shaking or stirring all my postworkout shakes. Being able to throw a few ice cubes in there really makes a difference in my opinion.

-0 points [100 points]

DEC 12: 45 minutes on the ellptical today and 6 clean meals. Scheduled off day for weights today, but did receive my new squat rack today. Nothing fancy, just a regular squat rack. Would have loved to at least got a power rack, but I have low ceilings and this was about all I could fit.

-0 points [100 points]

DEC 14 (DEC 13 UPDATE): -1 point for failing to update on schedule. I had another great full body workout. I had raised all my rep or weight targets from the previous workout and once again hit the target on all 7 exercises. That means I will be increasing reps or weight on each exercise once again for Friday. I did my 45 minutes on the elliptical and food was good. Luckily, I got my 6th meal in before deciding to "lay done for a minute" in front of the TV, because I totally crashed and the next thing I knew it was morning. I even overslept by an hour this morning but still got my fasted LISS in. I think I'm going to try to plan in a little extra sleep this weekend. I think my body is telling me it needs it.

-1 point [99 points]

DEC 14 : Despite oversleeping a bit this morning, I was able to stay on track. Did my 45 minutes on the elliptical this morning and was able to keep to my meals as scheduled.

-0 points [99 points]

DEC 15: Another good total body workout today. However, unlike the past three weeks, I did not hit my targets on all exercises after raising the rep or weights on all 7 for today's workout. I missed the final rep on the fourth and final set of bicep curls. However, I did hit the targets on all the other exercises including the core compound lifts which I feel are more important, so I am still happy. Will be raising the reps or weight on 6 of the 7 exercises again for Monday. Cardio was HIIT today. I did 10 reps of 1:1.5 speed intervals on the stationary bike. Food was good. Going to have my final meal now. It will be 3 scoops of Nitrean with 2 TBSP of Natty Peanut Butter. I have been eating Cottage Cheese and Peanut for the casein, but I am getting really bored with the Cottage Cheese. I'll have to find some more protein (preferably slow digesting) and good fat options for my final meal of the day to rotate in.

-0 points [99 points]

DEC 16: Got my fasted LISS (stationary bike) done this morning and just completed my 6th and final meal. Been extremely tired this week. I think I'm going to call it a night early tonight and see if I can catch an extra hour or two of sleep.

-0 points [99 points]

DEC 17: Went to bed early last night but then couldn't fall asleep right away. Got up at 4AM as usual this morning but decided to go back to bed and sleep in until 7. Hopefully, the extra sleep will shake this worn down feeling I've had this week. The later start to the day threw off my timing a bit when it came to meals but I managed to keep my macros inline and eat 6 clean meals. I was going to skip the optional cardio today for the first time, but it kept eating away at me and while watching the Patriots game I decided to hop on the stationary bike and get my 45 minutes done.

-0 points [99 points]

DEC 18: A good but not great workout this morning. Will be raising weight or reps on 5 of 7 exercises for Wednesday including the curls which I stalled out on last week. I made my targets on the barbell press only if I count the last two reps in which the form was terrible on. I'm goint to keep the same weight/reps here and see how it goes on Wednesday. Same with the seated shoulder press. For cardio, I got back on the treadmill for the first time since hurting my foot a few weeks ago. It's still a bit tender but not enough to make me abort the workout. Still, I think I will restrict myself to the elliptical and exercise bike a bit longer. Food again was clean and 6 meals. I actually raised my calories a bit again this week as I am trying to do a slow bulk but it's been crawling. I'm only up 4.5 lbs in about a month and I think that's mostly from replenishing my glycogen stores after my lengthy cut. This week I was actually down 1/2 lb. For someone who was fat most of his life, I can't believe I'm actually having problems putting on weight.

-0 points [99 points]

DEC 19 [Late Update on DEC 20]: Not a good day on all counts. -2 points. 1 for failure to update last night and 1 for not getting through my cardio workout. Became really sick yesterday. I've been feeling run down for a week or so. Was wondering if I wasn't sleeping enough and got extra sleep over the weekend. Now it appears I was fighting off some sort of bug. Luckily it was a cardio only day yesterday and I didn't lose two workouts. I tried a couple of times to get through my cardio but could only go about 5 or 10 minutes on the stationary bike before something wanted to come out of one end of me or the other. Feeling a bit better this morning. Off to do weight training now and hoping breakfast stays down. As for food yesterday, I did manage to eat six clean meals, but not all of it managed to stay inside me for long

-2 points [97 points]

DEC 20: Still not 100%. Not even close actually. Got through both my weight training and cardio today. I tweaked my shoulder doing seated shoulder presses and had to abort the last set. I had hurt this same shoulder about 2 months ago and thought it was past me. I guess I was a little vulnerable due to being sick. I'm going to stop doing dumbell seated presses. I actually do not have a problem doing seated barbell presses. Weird. Standing presses even less so. However, standing presses are not an option working out at home as the ceilings in my workout room are too low. If it was totally up to me, I'd turn the living room or family room into a weight room but...it's not totally up to me.

-0 points [97 points]

DEC 21: Felt much better today. The shoulder I tweaked yesterday is a little sore but a lot better than I expected it to be. I will still alter my future workouts but I'm not going to miss any training. I had a lot more energy today as well, the 45 minutes on the stationary bike just flew by. In fact, I was really tempted to push up the cardio to an hour today, but considering how run down I've been feeling, I decided not to push it.

-0 points [97 points]

DEC 22: Felt strong again today. Perfect timing for a day that includes both full body training and 1/2 hour of HIIT. I hit my targets on 5 of 7 exercises today and will be increasing weights and reps on those 5. My bench seems to have stalled out. I haven't been able to increase weight or reps for 3 straight workouts now. I'm going to switch from flat dumbell bench presses, to an incline barbell bench press to see if I can get some response. I'll cycle back to flat dumbell presses at some time in the future and hopefully see some movement again. Other than that, I was very happy with today's workout. Food was again on target. After cutting for over a year, the increased calories I'm eating now on this slow bulk makes following my eating schedule the easy part.

-0 points [97 points]

DEC 23: Did my 45 minutes on the elliptical this morning. Am off to eat my 6th and final meal now.

-0 points [97 points]

DEC 24: Did my optional cardio today. Food was according to plan. Resisted the annual Christmas Eve family pizza party. Everyone else had Pizza, I had a nice Shark steak with Green Beans. Tomorrow I will have my first cheat meal, a nice piece of Prime Rib with some Cheese Brown Potatoes.

-0 points [97 points]

DEC 25: Today went better than I thought it would. Slept in for an extra hour and a half and felt very refreshed going into my AM Weight Training. Hit my targets on 6 of 7 exercises and feel I can increase reps or weight again on 5 of those 6 for Wednesday's workout. Just finished my 45 minutes on the stationary bike after the last wave of relatives left. Food was good today. Will have my 6th meal after I'm done typing this. I'm kind of full right now and I've had cottage cheese and peanut butter for several days straight for my prebed meal, so I think I'll just have some Nitrean in water and a bit of heavy cream for my protein fat/prebed meal. With the exception of the one planned cheat meal, food was clean. I could not bring myself to eat the cheese brown potatoes, just couldn't bring myself to do it, but nothing could keep me away from that Prime Rib. I think I ate more grams of saturated fat in that one piece of meat than I've had all month, but it was gooooooooooood. :D

-0 points [97 points]

DEC 26: Today was a cardio only day and got on the treadmill for the first time in a long time. Did 30 minutes of jogging and then 15 minutes of walking at a moderate incline. Ate 6 clean meals according to plan.

-0 points [97 points]

DEC 27: full Body workout and 45 minutes on the ellpitical complete. 6 clean meals finished.

-0 points [97 points]

DEC 28: Cardio only day today. Did my 45 minutes on the stationary bike. Food was according to plan.

-0 points [97 points]

DEC 29: Another Friday down. Friday's are my toughest day but in a way my most enjoyable day with both weights and HIIT. Had a good total body workout. Hit my target on all 7 exercises and will be increasing weight or reps on 5 of the 7 for Monday. I've made some nice gains this month. I'm still pretty much a newbie, so I'm going to take advantage of this "honeymoon" period. I hope it lasts quite a bit longer! Did my 30 minutes of HIT on the stationary bike and ate according to plan.

-0 points [97 points]

Dec 30: Failed to update on time last night. I went out and didn't make it back in time. I did my 45 minutes of cardio and ate according to plan

-1 point [96 points]

Dec 31: Did 30 minutes of HIIT on the stationary bike for my optional cardio today. Ate according to plan.

FINAL SCORE: 96 POINTS

Conclusions: Overall I'm happy with the month. I gained 5.5 lbs although much of that is probably water as most of the weight was gained in week 1 of the month which was week 2 of my bulk. My body fat also went down while my weight increased. Again, this is probably due to water increase counting towards lean mass. However, I think I did probably gain a pound or two of muscle while not gaining fat. I benefitted from still only having a few months experience with weight training as I made some nice (newbie) gains on all my lifts. While I'm not totally confident in my tape measurements as I have little experience and am not totally sure I actually measured in the exact same spot both times. If they are accurate, I shrunk my waist slightly while making a nice gain in the chest and thighs. My arms don't seem to be responding, but right now, that is a secondary concern.

I'm getting over my fear of gaining weight and am actually starting to get frustrated at how slowly it's gone after the first week. I've raised the calories twice more during this month and will be raising them again this month. However, it feels good to know that all the weight is not going to come flooding back on all at once as I feared when I decided a bulk was in order.

#9 Depalma2002, Nov 24, 2006
  10. Elby87

Elby87 Active Member

December Challange

-- 6 meals a day, totaling 1700-2000 kCals
    -- Workout 6 days a week, Sunday off day
    -- Post in this journal every day
    -- I will wake up New Years Eve Morning, look in the mirror and be proud that I have dropped 15 lbs this month and weigh in at 220 lbs.

COMMENT: I did the August challange and lost 14.5 lbs and 3% body fat. I started on the Sept. Challange, but couldn't stay commited due to school. I didn't do Oct. or Nov. Because I didn't want to start something I didn't think I could finish. This month I'm getting things done, and hoping to get a jump start on the new year.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Cardio: 45 min on elliptical or stationary bike
    Tuesday: Weights: Back/Biceps
    Wednesday: Cardio: 45 min on elliptical or stationary bike
    Thursday: Weights: Legs
    Friday: Cardio: 45 min on elliptical or stationary bike
    Saturday: Weights: Chest/Pecs/Delts
    Sunday: Off day

MEAL SCHEDULE

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 235.8
    BODY FAT: 25%
    ARMS: 15"
    CHEST: 42"
    FOREARMS: 10"
    HIPS: 44"
    THIGHS: 26.5"
    WAIST: 41"

Will post picture on Dec. 1

[​IMG]

DAILY LOG
    CURRENT POINT TOTAL: 98pts

[week 1]
    01. Dec. 2006 - |Weight: 235.8|Workout 45 min Cardio: Burned 706, ran 3.76|Nutrition: 1996 Kcals 50:30:20|
    Today started off well enough. Had a wonderful 6-7 inch snow fall to kick off the December 06 christmas Season, which is kind of funny because it was 65 degrees about 3 days ago. Go Chicago! Last night I did Legs, and pushed myself to up the weight in every excercise. Tonight is cardio, and I plan on updating this when I get home and change to go to a buddy's house. Good luck to this months Challange everyone! -0 pts

02. Dec. 2006 - |Weight: 234.4|Workout Chest/Triceps/Delts|Nutrition: 2047 Kcals 49:31:20|
    Pushed myself pretty hard last night on the Eliptical, and pretty pleased with the pound and a half I dropped today. That brings me to around 3.5 lbs for the week so far (Weigh ins on Monday). Last night I went to a buddies house and it was easy to avoid cheating. He's trying to bulk, so he's pretty anal about what he's eating to. We grilled up a few steaks and potatoes, and watched Dane Cooks Vicious Circle and Superman Returns. He also informed me he and his fiance are eloping in May, in Vegas, and then asked me to stand up and be his best man. So now I have more then a few reasons to cut down and look fantastical! Anyway, gotta get to class, will update weights tonight! -0pts

[week 2]
    03. Dec. 2006 - |Weight: 236.2|Workout: Off Day|Nutrition: 2030 Kcals 50:30:20|
    Scale jumped up on me today >.< Last night was my scheduled cheat meal, so I had Pizza with my girlfriend Melissa. Every cheat meal I have, I always jump up about 2lbs the next morning. It usually evens out by the end of the week, but it's very frustrating. I'm starting to think that while I'm cutting I should take a more "grease-less" approach towards cheat meals. Not only do I feel frustrated the next day, but it takes its toll on my stomach to, leaving me with a nutrition hang-over the following day. Anyway, did my grocery shopping today, decided to pick up some cottege cheese and fresh pinnapple chunks and WOW!! Thats some good stuff. Pictures for the week look good, really starting to see some differences in my profile. Tomorrow is my "official" weigh in day, so I'll post my loss for the week then. -0pts

04. Dec. 2006 - |Weight: 237.2|Workout: 45 min Cardio, burned 708, ran 3.79 miles|Nutrition: 1652 Kcals 52:29:19 P:C:F|
    Another scale jump. I'm supposed to be cutting. The thing that gets me though, is that I have been following my plans to the T. No cheats at all yesterday, clocked in at a little over 2000 cals. I dunno, maybe I'm gaining muscle? (hopefully). Compared to last week, I only dropped .4 lbs. That really kind of bums me out because I dropped down to about 3 lbs for the week, then it just jumped up over the weekend. Oh well, not gonna worry about it. Cardio was GREAT tonight. About 30 min in I relized that I had a mental cardio motto. "1 more minute." I was at 10 resistance on the elipitcal and it was starting to tire me out, but I just kept telling myself "1 more minute." and 12 minutes later it was time to cool down :D Anyway, gonna hit the hay, little tired right now, and I have a lot to do tomorrow. -0pts

05. Dec. 2006 - |Weight: 233.5|Workout: Backs/Biceps|Nutrition: 1709 Kcals 55:30:15 P:C:F|
    I think I need a new scale, almost a 4 lb drop in one day? I don't think so... Workout went well, maintained same weight and reps as last week. Nutrition was good, just gotta get my school work done before bed and today was a 100% successful day. -0pts

06. Dec. 2006 - |Weight:235.0|Workout: 45 min Cardio 702 cals burned, 3.75 miles ran|Nutrtion: 1884 Kcals 50:35:15|
    My legs are so tired ; ; I killed it on the Elliptical tonight. Had the thing on lvl 10 resistance. Was sweating like crazy, could barely breath at the end, and just wanted to topple over right there when I was done. It felt great! I cooked up my chicken for the rest of the week, had yet another night of my girlfriend dissapearing on me (happening more and more lately), and got my two online tests done for Networking class on Sat. Looking forward to a relaxing Friday night with my pup! -0pts

07. Dec. 2006 - |Weight:232.7|Workout: Legs day|Nutrition: 1804 Kcals 50:30:20|
    Well, week one of the Dec. 2006 challange is coming to a close. I'm really proud of my progress so far. I've stuck to my plan, and I'm seeing/feeling the results. Physically I was exhausted today. I spent the whole day at work just zoning out reading articles at t-nation and some other random sites. I got a stack of paperwork to work on tomorrow, but my head just needed a rest today. I got some ideas on how to switch things up excerise wise in the gym, so I'm looking forward to that next week. Also, I'm gonna get on the ice for the first time in a looong time tomorrow night. A group of friends of mine are gonna gather together and play some rat hockey at a local ice rink. Hope I don't hurt myself! -0pts

08. Dec. 2006 - |Weight:233.0|Workout: Missed -1pt|Nutrition: 1922 Kcals 50:30:20|
    Missed update today -1pt

09. Dec. 2006 - |Weight:233.0|Workout: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps|Nutrtion 1621 45:30:25|
    Missed update yesterday because of a nasty stomach problem I was having. Got home from work and ate my last meal, decided to take a 30 min nap or so before I went to do cardio, all of a sudden it was 1am. I went back to bed and woke up feeling refreshed and ready to go. Energy wise though, I've been noticing a lull. Today was my scheduled cheat meal, so I decided to carb it up at Olive Garden tonight. I had spaghetti and meatballs.. yummy. Workout went great. This week I may try to switch things up and try to do fasted cardio in the morning. My laziness is whats holding me back, I HAVE to push through that. Also I am starting week 5 of my cut, so I'm going to be trying some different food combinations. I guess we'll see how this all works next weekend :x

[week 3]
    10 Dec. 2006
    11. Dec. 2006
    12. Dec. 2006
    13. Dec. 2006
    14. Dec. 2006
    15. Dec. 2006
    16. Dec. 2006

[week 4]
    17. Dec. 2006
    18. Dec. 2006
    19. Dec. 2006
    20. Dec. 2006
    21. Dec. 2006
    22. Dec. 2006
    23. Dec. 2006

[week 5]
    24. Dec. 2006
    25. Dec. 2006
    26. Dec. 2006
    27. Dec. 2006
    28. Dec. 2006
    29. Dec. 2006
    30. Dec. 2006

[week 6]
    31. Dec. 2006

#10 Elby87, Nov 24, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2006
  11. Bob99

Bob99 Well-Known Member

I'm in for month #3

COMMENT: My November challenge went really well, but I didn't see any size gains. I've increased in strength, so I'm going to consume more food and increase my calories (clean) so I can start adding some size. When I started in October I was cutting, but I now realize I need to add mass before I worry about reducing fat.

I'm going to take the week from Dec 22 - Jan 1 off from weight training. This will be my 3rd month, and it will also correspond with the Christmas break. I'm still going to be eating clean.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Sunday: Weight Training - Back, Biceps & Forearms + Abs
    Monday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted)
    Tuesday: Weight Training - Quads, Calves, Hamstrings + Abs
    Wednesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted)
    Thursday: Weight Training - Pecs, Delts, Triceps + Abs
    Friday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted)
    Saturday: Off / Optional Stationary bike

MEAL SCHEDULE

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 177 lbs
    BODY FAT: ?
    ARMS: 13"
    CHEST: 39.75"
    FOREARMS: 11"
    HIPS: 39.75"
    THIGHS: 24"
    WAIST: 35"

DAILY LOG
    DEC 1: Tonight was my cheat meal. All other meals consumed on time.
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 2: One point down for bad eating - it was my dad's birthday today, and I indulged. On a positive note, I did 45 minutes on my increased difficulty stationary bike, and I cut my time by about two minutes from Wednesday. That bike is starting to scare me now, since I don't want the difficulty to increase any more! I was wearing a hooded sweatshirt on it, and I sweated right through it.
    -1 points [99 points]

DEC 3: Ate well today, and I worked on my deadlift form. It sucked before, and it's still bad, but I've at least identified what I need to do to make it better. I'm still pretty inflexible, so it's hard to do it properly and keep my balance. I reduced my weight, and I'm going to work up to it over the next few weeks.
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 4: Great bike-a-thon tonight, I'm under 47 minutes for 15 miles. Ate on target too!
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 5: Everything spot-on tonight. I was very tempted to skip the workout tonight, just due to general life stuff, but I pushed through and made it happen. I don't want to deviate from the plan - This month I'm really going to see some results.
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 6: From now on I'm going to drop my weight reps to 8, which should allow me to go heavier. I expect to go up in all my exercises from tomorrow forward. I also might need to scale back the cardio. Even though I enjoy it (in a painful way) it might be cutting into my muscle growth, which is not good. Biked 15 miles tonight / ate all 6 meals on target.
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 7: Good workout today. I increased my weight and dropped my reps. After thinking about it tonight, I'm going to switch to a 5 day split for training, taking Fridays and Saturdays off. I'm going to drop cardio completely, except for an optional Saturday session. I want to bulk up, and I think my intense cardio 3x per week is cutting into that. I'm burning off the surplus calories that I should be using to grow. Cardio will make a comeback in March or April, after I've put on 10-20 pounds of lean mass.
    -0 points [100 points]

DEC 8: Missed Update, but all meals eaten on time.
    -1 points [99 points]

Dec 9:
    Missed Update, missed two meals.
    -3 points [96 points]

Dec 10: Missed Update, missed two meals. Began new exercise program on 5 Day split, with reduced cardio.
    -3 points [93 points]

Dec 11: I'm back! The weekend was a bit of a nightmare, and in addition to poor eating I could not get to a computer. My eating was the poorest it's been in months, and I really felt it. I'm going to plan better in the future so that does not happen again. Today is my second day of the no-cardio, weights 5x per week plan I'm starting in an effort to hang onto more of the mass I'm trying to gain through bulking. I think I sweated most of it away last month. This five day split is great so far, since it's helping to keep my workouts a bit shorter.
    -0 points [93 points]

Dec 11: Exercised traps and calves today. Much like my forearm exercise yesterday, I'm not used to directly training these groups so hard. It was good though, even though I still need to tweak this routine. Eating was on target and excellent today.
    -0 points [93 points]

Dec 12:
    Exercised legs today. All meals perfect.
    -0 points [93 points]

Dec 13:
    Unplanned cheat meal today - a friend and I grabbed a burger after going to a work Christmas party where there was no food! Shades of 2004. I did not exercise, but I plan to make it up on Saturday.
    -1 point [92 points]

Dec 17: Everything on Target today, food and fitness. I need to fill in data for the lost weekend, I'll do that tomorrow. Definitely going down some points, but not letting it stop me.
    -0 points [92 points]

Dec 18: Eating on target today, crazily busy. Unfortunately did not get the chance to exercise - I want to get it in tomorrow night, since my week off is coming up.
    -1 point [91 points]

Dec 19: Eating on target today, still crazily busy. Unfortunately did not get the chance to exercise. As I'm leaving on Friday, I probably won't until the new year. I'll stick with the health plan though, and fill in my missed days.
    -1 point [90 points]

#11 Bob99, Nov 24, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  12. Jerpreacher

Jerpreacher Well-Known Member

COMMENT: I got started really strong in November, then my usual winter funk hit right around Thanksgiving, as it usually does, and I lost a ton of energy and motivation. This month the goal is to fight through that by working out and eating right, rather than what I did last year, which was go out and drink. I'm changing up my workout plan, too, because I really didn't see much in the way of results last month.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Legs, 3x10s
    Tuesday: Couch-to-5k plan (Starting week 5)
    Wednesday: Push, 3x10s
    Thursday: Couch-to-5k plan
    Friday: Rest
    Saturday Pull, 3x10s
    Sunday: Couch-to-5k plan and/or jog at the track with a friend
    Optional: 45 mins fasted LISS

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Avg 1800 cals a day, clean food only, plus one cheat meal per week.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT:
    ARMS: 13.5"
    CALVES:16"
    CHEST: 44"
    HIPS: 43.5"
    THIGHS: 26"
    WAIST: 38"

MIDPOINT STATS
    WEIGHT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

Dec. 1: (100 points) Good food day today, I think I'm going to rearrange my schedule so that Friday is an off-day though, because I always end up working a couple hours overtime. Since I haven't gotten off work yet, I'm not going to count it as missing a workout.

Dec. 2: (97 points) No update -1. No workout -1. Alcohol -1.

Dec. 3: (96 points) No update, -1. Got up and went running with a friend, which is an excellent motivator for me - she's in better shape than I am and I resent it.

Dec. 4: (96 points) This is going to be harder than I thought. I'm going to change my goals around - the point this month is really just to survive, rather than to necessarily cut. So, new goals: Work out 6 days a week, update every day, no alcohol. Not so hard, right? I'm not going to worry about food, because food is one of my coping strategies when I'm feeling bad. I beat the living #$% out of my legs and core tonight - good stuff. It's interesting that I did the same volume of leg work I have been doing, and the same exercises, with a slight adjustment to lunges, and it felt like ten times more work. Oh, and I added calves, but I was already feeling beat up by that point. No points lost today, yay!

Dec. 5: (96 points) Updating late because my home system threw a hard drive last night - I'm not taking a point off for it. Got to the gym despite my intense desire to sit on my rear and do nothing, and got a good run in. I'm really happy that my knees haven't given me any trouble - this running plan seems to be slow enough for them. Tonight is my push workout - looking forward to it!

Dec. 6: (96 points) (Computer issues continue) Forced myself to go to the gym and had a brutal chest-tris-delts workout. Had to add a bunch of weight to my assisted dips from what I've been doing after adding 5 pounds to my bench and then doing pushups. I'll have to tweak that routine a little, but it felt good. I'm out of town for the next three days - I'll update, but workouts may be spotty.

#12 Jerpreacher, Nov 24, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  13. Indianchap

Indianchap Well-Known Member

Goals: Gain Strength, maintain good CV shape, not slack off because work is too draining, hopefully get bigger

Workout Plan:
    Monday: Off/cardio (Depending on schedule)
    Tuesday: TBT Day #2
    Wednesday: Off/cardio(depending on schedule)
    Thursday: TBT Day #3
    Friday: Light running/off (depending on schedule)
    Saturday: HIIT running
    Sunday: TBT Day #1

Food: Eat clean and big, no "scheduled" cheats until December 16thish onwards (more to come on that) but one cheat a week permissible.
    Using Calorie Calcutions: RMR is approximately 2000, taking into account exercise my maintenance cal is around 2600. To get bigger I want to eat 3000 calories, with the following macro breakdown:

Carbs: 325 g (1300 cals, 43%)
    Fat: 100 g (900 cals, 30%)
    Protein: 200 g (800 cals, 27%)

Stats: to be taken this weekend, more to come.

Dec 1: First I woke up late, meaning I didn't have time to pack lunch. Though I wound up buying a cleanish meal (lunch was chicken breast on half a bagel with lettuce and tomato) I am going to dock 1 point just for not being on top of things. I wasn't able to get any light cardio done today (had work till 6:00 then a religious event till 10:30 pm) and I bought a dinner on the borderline of "cheat" today (marinated chicken pieces with breast with hummus and salad from a Middle eastern joint, not sure how healthy that is). I'm not going to officially count that as my cheat.

Total points: 99 pts.

Dec 2: Good day overall, good eating, did my cardio (swimming). Can't wait to hit the weights tomorrow. Decided to have my official cheat when I went to a party and saw the food. The damage was minimal though: 1 small glass of apple cider, 1 small cookie and 2 pieces of fresh mozzarella in olive oil.

Total points: 99 pts

Dec 3: Excellent Day! Got the food in, went for a nice bike ride in the morning and then hit the weights in the PM. Good workout (TBT Day 1 Week 2):
    Rom Deadlifts: 150 lbs
    Leg Press: 630 lbs

Weighted Chins: +10 lbs
    Incline Press DB: 50 lbs

Rear Flyes (bentover): 20 lbs
    side raises: 20 lbs

2 notes: 1) I need to watch my form on the last set of my Roms. I have noticed that as I get tired instead of focusing a lot of the time I cheat by using the back more and that ain't good! I also need to stretch my hammies more before lifting. 2) I need to warm up my shoulders better before my big upper body compound lifts, just take 2-4 mins and get them nice and loose

Going to eat!

Total Points: 99 points

Dec 4: Got my eating done, some light swimming for cardio now I need to make sure I don't get sick!

Dec 5: I was really tired and sick today and thought of skipping my workout. But this challenge motivated to get through it! TBT Day 2 Week 2 (3 sets, 8 reps, supersets, 90 sec rests):
    Bench: 130 lbs (go heavier)
    Cable Rows: 106 lbs (go heavier)
    Rom Deadlift: 130 lbs (go heavier)
    Lunges: 45 lbs (heavier)
    Rear DB Flyes bentover: 15 lbs
    Calf Raises: 220 lbs

Dec 6: Good day, got my food in! Did some light cardio. My hams are really sore from yesterday but i AM LOOKING forward to tomorrow's workout!

Dec 7: Forgot to update (-1 point). Did a TBT workout, ate well:
    TBT Day 3 Week 2 (2 sets, 15 reps, superset with 120 sec rests)
    Leg Press: 405, 450 (try 500 lbs)
    Good Morning: 70 lbs (+5 lbs)

Incline DB Bench: 40 lbs (good)
    Lat Pulldown: 120 lbs (+5 lbs)

Bent Over Flyes: 10 lbs (add weight)
    Seated Calf Raise: 90 lbs (+10 lbs)

Total Points: 98 pts

Dec 8: Have a sore throat, filling a bit ill. Did some light swimming, and I again did not plan well and have enough food for lunch. Had to eat out and had a tuna salad (think it was a little fatty). I fit it into my macros but I will dock a point for not eating clean enough.

Total Points: 97 points

Dec 9: Really sick. Stayed in bed most of the day before studying. Didn't do my HIIT (-1 point)

Total Points: 96 points

Dec 10: Still sick but my best training day yet. TBT Day 1 Week 3 (4 sets, 5 reps, 60 sec rests, no supersets):

Bench: 147.5 lbs (okay I was really out of it at the beginning and I accidentally did all four sets with 52.5 lbs on one side and 50 lbs on the other. Not safe and I really need to focus)
    Cable Row: 125 lbs (slightly heavy, got only 4 reps on last set, try again).
    Rom Deads: 150 lbs (+5 next week)
    Leg Press: 680 lbs (my legs were shaking but I will amp the weight up to 720 lbs)
    MAchine Shoulder Press: 160 lbs (it bothers my shoulder though...I don't think I will use this again)
    Tri extension: 108 lbs (heavy but squeezed them out)

Gotta go eat!

Total Points: 96

Dec 11: Really sick. I hope I can make my workout later today!

Total Points :96

What a few days....the challenge is OVER for me. My mom, cousin, and sister were killed in a car accident last Tuesday night. I am...at a loss. I can't believe they are gone.... I need to take some time off to get my life in order, rethink my priorities. Hopefully I will be back here in the near future.

Best,
    IC

#13 Indianchap, Nov 24, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2006
  14. specialk

specialk Well-Known Member

COMMENT: This will be my fourth month of bulking and my fifth challenge. I plan to put 110% effort into this month.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: 30 mins (aerobic)
    Tuesday: Weight training: quads, hamstrings & calfs
    Wednesday: Weight training: delts & arms
    Thursday: 30 mins (aerobic)
    Friday: Weight training: back & traps
    Saturday: 30 mins (aerobic)
    Sunday: Weight training: chest & arms

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, one cheat meal per week. No alcohol.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 194.2
    BODY FAT: 14%
    ARMS: 15.5"
    CALVES: 15.25"
    CHEST: 43.5"
    FOREARMS: 12"
    THIGHS: 24.5"
    WAIST: 35.25"

DAILY LOG

12/1: Today was back day and I was a little apprehensive because I strained my lower back last week doing deads. I wore a belt for support and went lighter on the weight today. I felt comfortable doing the deads but my mind was thinking about the injury and I was being over cautious doing them. I'm hovering around 14% BF and I'll monitor my level and try to add more lean mass and limit the overall fat gain. My plan was to continue until the end of the month so I will stick with it. I just love beginning with all my points.
    100 points

1/2: Morning fasted cardio and all meals on time and within the right macros. I went to the pool this afternoon with the girls and did some recovery stretches for my lower back. It looks as if I'll be as good as new pretty soon. Tomorrow is chest and arms and I'm looking forward to it, unfortunately I'll have to go to work and do some catch up as well.
    100 points

12/3: I had a busy day today. We put up our Christmas decorations and even hung ornaments on our tree. I also went to work to play a little catch-up. I usually like to relax on Sunday's and watch professional football. I was able to hear some of the scores on the radio while at work. I planed to go to the gym and hit my chest and arms. The culmination of decorating, working and being busy from the start made me hit my muscles hard and with full intensity. I was in the moment and I liked it.
    100 points

12/4: Today I took my dog Lucy for my morning cardio. I'm still able to do my cardio outside and it's a bit of a goal to continue doing it outside even in bad weather. Today was a bad weather day. It was cold and had been snowing. It's also very dark and quiet at 5:30 am but I just get into the grove and push myself to get it done.
    100 points

12/5: I had my leg workout today and when I was finished I could barely stand up with my legs trembling. I have become accustomed to this sensation on leg day but I still consider it a mark of a solid workout. I was able to increase the weight from my last squat session. I'm eating my final meal of the day and plan to go to sleep early tonight.
    100 points

12/6: I had my shoulder and arm workout today and I just did'nt feel the strength that I usually feel. I did'nt sleep well the other night and the stress of work has been very high. Anyway, I hope I'm not dragging tomorrow when I do my cardio. I also chose to have my weekly cheat tonight pizza.
    100 points

12/7: I did my morning cardio with my dog again this morning. I packed all of my meals and was ready to attack the rest of the day. I was invited out for lunch by one of our vendors and I've said no so many times in the past that I decided this time to go out and have lunch with him. I had sushi and salad with water for lunch so I did'nt eat poorly. I do consider this an unplanned cheat meal so -1 point I'm geared up to do my back routine tomorrow but I'm feeling sleep deprived lately. I figure I'm not sleeping that well because of the work load at the office, my wife had a recent hip operation and my father in-law is staying with us for a while. Tomorrow I'll go beat up the weights to relieve my stress.
    99 points

12/8: I was suppose to do my back routine but I had work issues and did'nt make it to the club. I hate making excuses and I really hate missing a workout due to my work load. I plan to make up my missed session tomorrow where it will be easier because it's the weekend. Unfortunately I will deduct a point -1 point for not adhearing to my lifting schedule.
    98 points

12/9: I had switched my training day to today and was I ever glad. I was just attacking the lifts and I even managed to do my deads without any lower back pain. It just felt good in every muscle today. I rewarded myself with an early christmas present. A Polar heart monitor.
    98 points

12/10: I got up early and ate my first meal around 6:20 am because I wanted to have some time for my food to digest before my chest & arm workout at 8:00 am. Before starting SUP2 I would work out at 5:30 am and I believe that I was getting a decent workout this early in the morning, but my strength really never improved. Working out later in the day has the added benefit of relieving the stress that seems to build up.
    98 points

12/11: I'm sick of getting sick. I seem to have another type of cough and congestion in my chest today. I felt something coming on over the weekend and I'm going to see the doctor finally. I have had a cold or some other virus every month since August. That’s a total of 5 times that I've been sick. Each time I start to feel better I seem to feel symptoms of yet another cold.
    98 points

12/12: I went to the doctor and was given a prescription for my chest congestion. I wanted to workout but there was no way I would of been able to in my condition. -1 point I decided to go home and go to bed at 5:30pm so I missed my last meal -1 point of the day. At about 6:30 pm all hell broke loose. My 3 year old daughter got her head caught between 2 spindles on the second floor. I woke to screams and when I saw what had happened and how she was not able to back her head out I knew that I would have to break the spindle to free her. I was able to get her unstuck after about 10 minutes of effort. Needless to say I wasn't tired anymore. It was all I could do to calm down and go back to sleep. Currently I feel woozy and groggy and I'm still coughing up a lot of junk.
    96 points

12/13: I am still very ill with a cough chest cold. I went home yesterday at noon and slept for 2 hours before returning to work. When I got home at 7 pm I just went straight to bed and slept until this morning. Needless to say I missed another workout and missed my last meal -2 points 94 points

12/14: Well this week has been pretty much a step back for me. I am still very sick and although I'm getting plenty of rest, I don't seem to be getting much better in terms of shaking this chest cold. I have dropped almost 8 lb since Saturday and I haven't been able to lift or do cardio. Anything strenuous causes me to cough violently. I will continue to get rest and hopefully I'll improve soon. BTW, I missed my last meal again and morning cardio -2 points
    92 points

12/15: I just woke and still feel like a truck hit me. I'm going to take the rest of the weekend off and hopefully by Monday or Tuesday I'll be able to start lifting and doing light cardio again. -1 point for missed workout.
    91 points

12/16: It's been a week and I'm still reeling from one of the worst colds I've had in a long time. I have miss a complete week of cardio/weights. I still feel weak when I exert myself. So -1 point for missed weight lifting session.
    90 points

12/17: Just call me "Aqua-Lung" because my lungs have been submerged in some pretty wicked stuff for the last 7 days. Plus, I rested so much that I caught up on a year's worth of sleep. My mind has given my body an ultimatum and it's "get better or else". I plan to start my cardio on Monday between my 4th and 5th meals. I will test the waters so to speak!
    90 points

12/18: I went ahead and did my fasted cardio between meals 4 & 5 last night. It's the first time in over a week and my lungs were very happy to breath fresh air. I did have to stop twice because I had a coughing fit. Come hell or high water, I plan to go to the gym and do my legs tonight. This should be interesting.
    90 points

12/19: I finally was put on antibiotics to kick this chest congestion. Two daily doses should wipe out what ails me. Anyway I had it in my head that I would start working out this week. No way was my body going to attempt to lift while I'm still very sick. -1 point I went home collapsed on the couch and went to bed early. I'm not throwing in the towel. I still have some fight left in me. I will continue to heal and maybe this weekend I'll attempt to lift again.
    89 points

12/20: All I want for Christmas is a healthy body. I'm finally recovering from what I would call a case of bronchitis. The antibiotics seem to be working better than the previous medication I was on. I'm still short of breath and it's taxing just to go up a flight of stairs. I have not been able to do much of anything because I get winded and then I have coughing fits. I am not going to deduct anymore points for now unless I have an unscheduled cheat meal. It's just to depressing to keep taking points off for something I can't control.
    89 points

12/21: I was going to post my evaluation today but stopped short because my scale weight is down and my BF is up. This is probably due to the dehydrated state I'm in because of my bronchitis. I'll post my evaluation and photos once I start working out again. Hopefully I'll be healthy enough to start after Monday.
    89 points

12/22: I still haven't improved that much since I first got sick. When I lay down and exhale I hear a crackling like air bubbles popping. It's pretty much a downer but I still have hope that I'll improve before Christmas. Lately when I cough I become dizzy. It's also amazing how winded I get just going up a flight of stairs.
    89 points

12/25: I had a wonderful time with the family during the holidays. I got so wrapped up with it that I did'nt post yesterday -1 point I still have not been able to work out because of my chest/cold. I somehow managed to pull a muscle under my left pec by coughing so much. It's pretty sore and I have been applying heat since it happened. My diet has been not been very solid over the holidays -4 points
    84 points

12/26: I finally convinced my doctor's office to schedule a chest X-ray. By the time I arrived home from the appointment my doctor's office called with the news. I have pneumonia. I only wish that I was on the right antibiotics when I complained that I wasn't getting any better a week ago. I am now taking a different antibiotic for another 10 days. I'll be out of commission for awhile because of this. This whole incident has been a real downer and I have fallen back to some of my old habits lately. I need to take this time not only to heal but to remind myself that I can overcome this obstacle and get back on track with some damage control. -2 points for poor eating.
    82 points

12/27: I'm looking to get my "Mo Jo" back. I am still pretty sick with pneumonia. I have been exercising and generally eating better for almost two years. When I don't exercise to relieve my tension I have urges and fall back to some of my old habits such as eating poorly - 1 point and drinking. - 1 point These are my "Demons" that I have to deal with. I don't like making resolutions because it puts to much pressure on me if I fail. So I plan to use these next few days to try to keep my urges at bay so that I can start the new year with a healthy attitude.
    80 points

#14 specialk, Nov 24, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2006
  15. buffedstuff

buffedstuff Active Member

:GOALS Show Me Da Muscle: Maintain
    - make every workout count
    - consume a gallon of water daily

COMMENT: I have to put in what I want to take out

WORKOUT SCHEDULE

Monday :Chest, shoulders, back, biceps, triceps, abs, legs, calves
    Tuesday Full throttle cardio
    Wednesday Full body: Legs, calves, back, abs, shoulders, chest, biceps, triceps
    Thursday: Full throttle cardio
    Friday: Full body Back, chest, legs, triceps, biceps, calves, shoulders, abs
    Saturday: Full throttle cardio
    Sunday: OFF

MEAL SCHEDULE
    eat clean
    STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 119 Lbs

END STATS
    WEIGHT: 117 lbs

DAILY LOG

[week 1]
    01. Dec. 2006 It was a dizzy day got everything done, I am going to be bottle short of water so already I lose a point -1 (99)
    02. Dec. 2006 Oh gosh I feel like a little water buffalo but I got my water in (99)

[week 2]
    03. Dec. 2006 okay today was my day off and it was awesome :claphigh: how about those cowboys dallas was so pumped excellent game yes I do have a life out side of the gym:nod: okay I am ready to give it my personal best next week (99)
    04. Dec. 2006 dang it I am having internet server problems but I managed to finally get online.... today was an okay day I did pretty good (99)
    05. Dec. 2006 another good day (99)
    06. Dec. 2006Oh gosh what can I say about todays workout: well I was a little slower than normal today my triceps are slightly sore and my cardio
    was fairly intense but I finished using sheer determination hey it was cold out this morning but I need fresh air it makes you feel alive. (99)
    07. Dec. 2006 Only cardio and ab work today my only low point is I am not going to be able to get in my last bottle of water to night I have a yuletide function to attend tonight so I am going to limit the last of my water for that I will deduct a point -1 (98)
    08. Dec. 2006:rolleyes: argh I was super busy all day my water intake really is suffering here and I missed a meal :eek: so I am subtracting 2 points (96):nono: I have to get it together!!!!!!!!!!
    09. Dec. 2006fairly good workout :) I was feeling a little pain during cardio I had to run outside. I need the fresh air but it was a little cold on the old lungs I sucked it up though :nod: I'm thankful to my faithful running partner he's the best and he always pushes me to the next level :claplow: It was a good day (96)

[week 3]
    10 Dec. 2006:mad: okay today was my off day no scheduled workout all is well except it is the third quarter and the the saints are clobbering my Cowboys. This is not good for my cortisol levels :mad: argh!!!!!!!we need a miracle. 96
    11. Dec. 2006 :bang: Okay the Cowboys got there butts whipped by the saints it was sad to watch but I made sure I didn't get my but whipped today so I gave it my all at the gym. I took out my disappointment on those dumbbells and barbells :D So today was a pretty good day. I was a little tired after cardio but I soon bounced back into my happy go lucky little self still holding at 96:)
    12. Dec. 2006 finally a day that was kind of calm. I had cardio and ab training today. still hanging tough 96
    13. Dec. 2006 :confused: I was starting to lose a little steam in the middle of my training this morning:bb: I was in the middle of a front
    military press when I felt all the wind go out of my sails :( I actually had to take make a couple of minutes before I continued but thankfully I got it done. 96
    14. Dec. 2006 today I had to do those dread push-ups:mad: they always leave me sore, always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!okay enough complaining other than that I had a pretty cool training session holding on to 96
    15. Dec. 2006Well the next 8 day should be a blast, you have to love the holy days Well, I have to start off by deducting a point because I want be able to get the remainder of my water in for today -1 (95)
    16. Dec. 2006:eek: I don't know when it happen or how it happen but somehow I managed to overtrain my quads and hamstrings:bang: I was
    so sore today holding steady at a sore (95)

[week 4]
    17. Dec. 2006 still sore so gosh I think I overloaded my muscles a little too much but such is life...today was my off day so I got in some much needed
    rest. I am now ready to conquer next week.
    18. Dec. 2006Okay I got off to a good start this morning today I had 5 miles of cardio followed by an hour of sheer pain, aka know as a fullbod workout. I
    had a wonderful day so I really have no reason to complain. (95)
    19. Dec. 2006 ab training and cardio slight soreness on my inner thighs. I think I need to do more stretching before bedtime. (95)
    20. Dec. 2006what can I saw about today it was fantastic. I had an energetic workout this morning I was so my zone. talk about a high energy day this was it. man I love life. Okay I held steady and I held strong. I admit I am a little sore but it is all good. (95)
    21. Dec. 2006 had pretty good cardio session this morning after that I did some ab training. slightly off balanced today (95)
    22. Dec. 2006 man my body is so tight after todays workout I know I need an intensive massage and therapy session but I just don't have the time right now argh!!!!!!!!!!! oh welll life continues I also have to deduct about because I am going to be 8 oz short of making my one gallon of water per day mark ick...-1(94)
    23. Dec. 2006 last workout of the week, tomorrow is my day off and I will be back at it on Monday. (94)

[week 5]
    24. Dec. 2006 Okay today was my day off from training and geesh some stiffness set in. (94)
    25. Dec. 2006Heck this stinks the Cowboys got there butts kicked what kind of playing was that it was horrible simply horrible. I am covering my star until we win another game. Okay Today was a holiday but that still translated workout for me I did myself proud. It was my gift to myself I did just a little more than that was required of me so it was challenging but I feel good. (94)
    26. Dec. 2006 Today all I had was cardio and ab training (94)
    27. Dec. 2006 Oh please, I was so slow this morning. My mind was in a mental fog......so I was dragging today (94)
    28. Dec. 2006 If I thought I was slow yesterday geesh, the old girl was really slow today. I was not beating my best time in cardio I can tell you that however I am still hanging in there and I got it done I felt like little ms slowpoke all day today. I gotta get it together (94)
    29. Dec. 2006 okay today I was feeling a little better all is well holding steady at (94)
    30. Dec. 2006 Was this a crazy day or what, gosh I didn't get enough water in and I missed a meal argh but I did get to go to an awesome concert and I got to spend a little time with the family so it wasn't all bad -2 (92)

[week 6]
    31. Dec. 2006 It is finished it is done another day and another year for the history books. I leave with a sad little 92 and a cold argh but by the grace of G-d I will be better and strong both inside and out in 2007

#15 buffedstuff, Nov 25, 2006
  16. Ziegenbak

Ziegenbak Active Member

Zbak's Official "100 Challenge" post

GOAL: Cutting. Going again, hoping to do better than last month. Last month of my cut so its gotta be super strict.

COMMENT: Well I found out where to get motivated this past month. I have very few reasons to not lift weights at night. Cardio has been kind of a bum as a result. Everything I have to do after work is gonna suck. I do like the new schedule I've got planned out though. Its a little light on the cardio, but it might be able to maintain some sanity.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Saturday: Weights PM
    Sunday: Weights PM
    Monday: Night off, no cardio either IF I can actually get to hang out with friends this night.
    Tuesday:Weights PM, Cardio AM
    Wednesday: Weights PM, Cardio AM
    Thursday: Cardio AM
    Friday&Saturday: Normally I do SOMETHING athletic one of these days. I'm gonna hold off on that the next month or two, since it's H season. This might also keep me from posting sometimes on weekends, so I'm gonna make an exception for posting then.

MEAL SCHEDULE
    My normal meal schedule for Sun-Thur(work days)2300-2500 calories. Weekends I can drop to 2000 a day. 6 Cheat meals planned.
    Supposed to get measured at 24HF at the end of the week.

Dec 1st Started out the month with a day off/cheat meal. Gonna work out on the 2nd since I gotta go to work anyways. Gonna move the 2nd day off from Friday night to Sunday night. Bowling was fun.[100 pts]
    Dec 2nd Leg/bicep night went well, diet was good too.[100 pts]
    Dec 3rd Chest day, check, Food, Check.[100 pts]
    Dec 4th Day off, food in check[100 pts]
    Dec 5th Squats and lunges hurt so good. [100 pts]
    Dec 6th Day off went bowling. Broke down and had a beer and unplanned meail(chicken on wheat). Got my thermogenics today and I'm gonna start taht on Saturday. Cut will end when those are done with.[99 pts]
    Dec 7th Gonna go ahead and put this on. Gonna eat well, had a good back and tricep day.[99 pts]
    Dec 8th Day off, planned cheat meal(office dinner)[99 pts]
    Dec 9th Day off, another planned cheat meal[99 pts]
    Dec 10th Leg/bicep day ate well too[99 pts]
    Dec 11th Yuk I was supposed to start taking thermogenic stuff, but forgot to the last 2 days. Got my Chest/calfs in tonite. Good eats too[99 pts]
    Dec 12th Finally started taking the uppers. Got a good day off, felt a little tweeked while going to bed, but I think the caffien is keeping me going. I hope I dont' crash at some point though. BTW...tonites leg night was BRUTAL. I went up in weight AND reps on squats, tooke a PWO drink, a PPWO extra protein pudding, AND the normal PWO meal to get me to where I was't light headed. It was great!![99 pts]
    Dec 13th Squats were great as I said. Food was good. Saw some spots tonite a couple hours after back/tricep day, so I hope I'm not getting too much affected by my new thermogenics. Interesting thing happened at the gym tonite. was working out triceps with overhead extensions with 1 dumbell, and all of a sudden EVERYBODY started doing this. I wonder how much of a copycat symdrome this was, since for once I was the biggest guy in the gym(doesn't happen often) and it was my most "swole" day with back/tricep. The real question is, why didn't anybody do any pullups or weighted dips?
    Dec 14th Back day was great, so was the eats![99 pts]
    Dec 15th Day off, good eats[99 pts]
    Dec 16th Got to play some baseball today in the unseasonble warm weather. Scheduled cheat meal was outstanding. I felt like a badass tonite doing my RDL's despite the 2 blisters on my hands from playing today[99 pts]
    Dec 17th Like I said, the leg/bicep night went well. Ate well too.[99 pts]
    Dec 18th CHest day was awesome[99 pts]
    Dec 19th Day off, cheat meal #5...Intersting stuff in the gym tonite while I was doing squats/lunges. 2 others doing heavy squats, somebody actually doing heavy Deadlifts, somebody doing weighted pullups[99 pts]
    Dec 20th Squats, good eats[99 pts]
    Dec 21st Back day went well, good food[99 pts]Dec 22nd Day off, Starting my holiday 5 day weekend...woot woot. I'm gonna try to keep the food back a little, but I can have small portions of not so good stuff in lieu of the real thing.
    Dec 22nd Day off, did ok on food[99 pts]
    Dec 23rd Had a couple quasi-crappy meals, gonna take a point off[98 pts]
    Dec 24th Worked out on last possible days, hammies and biceps...food day off[98 pts]
    Dec 25th Cristmas doesn't apply here....
    Dec 26th Last SCHEDULED non holiday cheat meal. Going to be happy beig clean for a while with all the junk pouring into my system.[98 points]
    Dec 27th got my chest day in...schedule will be screwed up the next couple weeks to get back on the regular workout. I was just going to cram 3 days in this week, BUT I can't workout on New Year's Eve, so I'll just on a 2 day on 1 day off schedule for a while.

Something I gotta talk about. Man I must have been a bit drained. I slept for 10, 11, 10 and 12 hours between thursday and Monday. I had stopped taking my thermogenic over the holidays, and though I hadn't felt tired, I was probably running on those things. I feel GREAT now, even though my chest day was kinda lacking on the lifts, but that doesn't suprise me considering the F'ing POISON running through my veins with all the junk food I ate the last 3 days. Hopefully I'll get some resetting of the horomones, and drop off a few lbs the next couple weeks.

Dec 28th Did my squats tonite. I matched my high at 255 which is weird since i'm cutting. I did more reps this time from the previous high. Before I did 4x8. Tonite I did a set of front squats x8 reps, did 3x8 back squats, 1x12 back squats(tough), and another set of front squats 1x12. Felt good too. I'm starting to wonder why everything goes up, cept my bench. It's a little hard on teh ego.

Dec 29th night off. Ate well[98 pts]

Dec 30th Back night went really well. I looked swole up. Man am I feeling it after hamstrings today.[98 pts]

Dec 31st This is actually where teh hamstrings workout goes. Man I get confused since I workout the NIGHT before a "day" Ate well too.

Conclusions.

Well I had my best month so far I think. I am REALLY happy that I found out how to lift without missing so often. It seems like every time I can make it to cardio, I look better the next day. I can finally wear a tank in public, even if it is stupid wintertime. I don't think I'll do january challenge, cause I'm gonan be starting a baseball workout routine, and it'll be changing a WHOLE lot while I figure it out. I'll also be quiting smoking sometime this next month.(YUK!) All in all...less love handles and growing squat numbers make me very happy.

#16 Ziegenbak, Nov 25, 2006
  17. kaylov

kaylov Active Member

COMMENT:
    I have been on SGX since February 1st 2006 and is really happy with the result - October to December will be dedicated adding mass - lots of mass hopefully. The first month (October) was not very succesful as I did far too much cardio - November was a bit better as I managed to gain some weight and also to grow a bit while maintaining the same bodyfat percentage.
    In December I will just carry on bulking...

WORKOUT SCHEDULE

Monday:
    Brisk walk outside, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
    Weight training: arms and shoulders (PM)

Tuesday:
    No training, no cardio

Wednesday:
    No training

Thursday:
    Weight training: back, abs and traps (PM)

Friday:
    Weight training: chest and arms (PM)

Saturday:
    No training

Sunday:
    Weight training: legs (PM)

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, one moderate cheat day per week.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 153 Lbs
    BODY FAT: ~ 8%
    ARMS: 13.6"
    CALVES: 13.6"
    CHEST: 39.9"
    FOREARMS: 11.5"
    HIPS: 35.5"
    THIGHS: 20.0"
    WAIST: 30.5"

END STATS
    WEIGHT: 156 Lbs
    BODY FAT: ~8,5 %
    ARMS: 13.8"
    CALVES: 13.2"
    CHEST: 40"
    FOREARMS: 12.1"
    HIPS: 35.5"
    THIGHS: 20"
    WAIST: 31.5"

(Stats are cold, no pump)

DAILY LOG

December 1: No cardio today; Solid chest and arms session, trying to move in the direction John is going - 4 sets of 12, really tough!, 6 meals on time and a PWO shake;
    -0 points [100 points]

December 2: 45 minutes fasted cardio, no weight training, 6 meals on time;
    -0 points [100 points]

December 3: No cardio today; Great legs session, 4 sets of 12, could hardly walk back from the gym, 6 meals on time and a PWO shake;
    -0 points [100 points]

December 4: No cardio today; Solid shoulders and arms workout - added a new excercise and a full set to 3 excercises; 6 meals on time and a PWO shake;
    -0 points [100 points]

December 5: 45 minutes fasted cardio; no weight training; 6 meals on time and cheats around meal 5 - probably over-did it this time- feeling readdy bad;
    -0 points [100 points]

December 6: 45 minutes fasted cardio; no weight training; 6 meals on time;
    -0 points [100 points]

December 7: No cardio; intense back and abs session - 4x12 - really hard training; 6 meals and a PWO on time;
    -0 points [100 points]

December 8: No cardio; intense chest and arm session - 4x12 and one new arm excercise added; 6 meals and a PWO on time;
    -0 points [100 points]

December 9: 45 minutes fasted cardio; no weight training; 6 meals on time;
    -0 points [100 points]

December 10: No cardio; legs session today - 4x12 - pretty tough today, but got through it; 6 meals on time and a PWO shake;
    -0 points [100 points]

December 11: No cardio; shoulders and arms - 4x12 - pretty tough at the end; 6 meals on time and a PWO shake;
    -0 points [100 points]

December 12: 45 minutes fasted cardio; no weight training; 6 meals on time + cheat;
    -0 points [100 points]

December 13: No cardio; no weight training; 6 meals on time + cheat;
    -2 points [98 points]

December 14: 45 min cardio (making up from yesterday); shoulder and abs - really heavy and back to fewer sets and reps to shake things up a bit; 6 meals on time + PWO;
    -2 points [98 points]

December 15: No cardio; chest and arms - really heavy and back to fewer sets and reps to shake things up a bit; 6 meals on time + PWO;
    -2 points [98 points]

December 16: No cardio; no weights; 6 meals on time;
    -2 points [98 points]

December 17: No cardio; legs - few but heavy today; 6 meals on time + PWO;
    -2 points [98 points]

December 18: No cardio; shoulders and arms heavy and fewer reps/sets; 6 meals on time and a PWO shake;
    -0 points [98 points]

December 19: 45 min cardio fasted; no weight training; 6 meals on time and cheat around 5th meal;
    -0 points [98 points]

December 20: 45 min cardio fasted; no weight training; 6 meals on time;
    -0 points [98 points]

December 21: No cardio; good back and abs session; 6 meals on time and a PWO shake;
    -0 points [98 points]

December 22: No cardio; good chest and arms session; 6 meals on time and a PWO shake;
    -0 points [98 points]

December 23: 45 min cardio fasted; no weight training; 6 meals on time;
    -0 points [98 points]

December 24: no cardio; solid legs session; 6 meals on time + PWO shake and chat meal - it is Christmas afterall;
    -0 points [98 points]

December 25: no cardio; good shoulders and arms - change in strategy - lower weight and many reps really slow; 6 meals on time + PWO shake;
    -0 points [98 points]

December 26: 45 min cardio fasted; no weight training; 6 meals on time; No cheat as I had my week cheat Sunday.
    -0 points [98 points]

December 27: 45 min cardio fasted; no weight training; 6 meals on time;
    -0 points [98 points]

December 28: no cardio; good high-rep back and abs session - changed routine today - 12,15,20 reps with lower weight; 6 meals on time + PWO shake;
    -0 points [98 points]

December 28: no cardio; good high-rep chest and arms session - 12,15,20 reps with lower weight; 6 meals on time + PWO shake;
    -0 points [98 points]

December 30: 45 min cardio fasted; no weight training; 6 meals on time;
    -0 points [98 points]

December 31: 45 min cardio fasted; no weight training; 5 meals on time + lots of cheats;
    -0 points [98 points]

Summary
    I gained about 3 pounds this month so the bulk is begining to work - also on my weist line so I'll probably slow it down a bit the next few months though.

#17 kaylov, Nov 25, 2006
  18. fitnessluver

fitnessluver Active Member

Count me in! I think this is just what I need to keep me in line over the holidays.

GOALS: Cutting
    - 5-6 meals a day
    - Drink at least 4 L of water daily
    - 1 scheduled cheat meal per week (optional)
    -

COMMENT: This is my first 100 challenge and I am really excited. I just had a baby and want to get back to my old buff self,
    and be ready for the beach this summer. The last month
    has gone really well and I have lost 5 pounds, and this is
    just what I need to keep me in line over the holidays!

WORKOUT SCHEDULE

Monday: weights
    Tuesday: 45-60 min Fasted AM LISS
    Wednesday: weights
    Thursday: 45-60 min Fasted AM LISS
    Friday: weights
    Saturday: weights and/or cardio
    Sunday: OFF

Split: Day 1: Chest/Triceps
    Day 2: Back/Biceps
    Day 3: Legs/Shoulders

MEAL SCHEDULE
    5-6 meals per day, one cheat meal per week.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 118 lbs
    BODY FAT: approx 26%
    ARMS: 11.25"
    CALVES: 13.25"
    CHEST: 35.5" or 34"
    FOREARMS: 9.25"
    HIPS: 34"
    THIGHS: 20"
    WAIST: 26.5" or 29"

(cold/flexed)

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG

[week 1]
    01. Dec. 2006
    Did my morning cardio. Ate 6 meals all on time and drank 5 L of water.
    -0 points (100 points)

02. Dec. 2006
    Well, I missed my workout today. My husband had to work so I didn't get to go earlier in the day and we had to go see my mother in law in the hospital so I didn't get to go after dinner either. And my gym closes at 8pm on Saturdays. On a better note, I did eat all 6 meals clean and on time and drank 5 L of water. Tomorrow is suppose to be my day off, but I will try to make up today's workout tomorrow.
    -1 point (99 points)

[week 2]
    03. Dec. 2006
    So, today was a good day. I made up for my missed workout yesterday. I had a really good Chest and Triceps workout, followed by a 45 min session of LISS. I also ate all 6 meals clean and on time, and drank 5 L of water.
    -0 points(99 points)

04. Dec. 2006

05. Dec. 2006
    Well, forgot to update yesterday, so there goes another point. I did have a great Legs and Shoulders workout though. Certainly feeling the DOMS today! I ate all meals on time and had a scheduled cheat meal for my husbands staff Christmas party. We had a yummy roast beef dinner. It was GOOD. Today I missed my morning cardio though, I talked myself out of going because I was tired from being out late last night. Not Good. I regret not going now. I will try not to let that happen again. But I ate all meals on time and drank a good amount of water. Tomorrow is a new day and everything will be back on track!
    -2 points (97 points)

06. Dec. 2006
    Did my morning cardio, ate 6 meals on schedule, and drank 5 L of water!
    -0 points (97 points)

07. Dec. 2006
    Another great day! I had an awesome back and biceps workout today. I tried deadlifts for the first time and they felt great. At first I was nervous to try them for fear of looking like an idiot. But I got over it and went for it. Also, when I weighed myself this morning I was 116.2 lbs. So I've lost almost another 2 pounds I guess. The scale is such a funny thing. After my cheat meal and missed cardio, I weighed myself the next morning and I had gone up to 120 and then this morning 116. Hmm? Maybe it will go up again tomorrow, who knows? Not that I care that much what the scale says at this point, but it still makes me feel like I am making progress when it goes down. On another note I just finished my last meal of the day and have already downed 4 L of water. So no lost points today. Let's hope it stays that way for the rest of the month.
    -0 points (97 points)

08. Dec. 2006
    Well, I am definitely feeling those deadlifts today! My back is really sore today, which is good because I never feel DOMS in my back and this really proves to me that deadlifts work. They just might be my new favorite exercise! The scale had me weighing in at 117.8 today, but whatever. I had a great 45 min session of LISS this morning and got to try out my new Polar HRM. It is suppose to be for Christmas but I convinced my hunny to give it to me early! I love gadgets and it makes me like cardio again for a little while. HAHA. I just finished my last meal for the day and drank 4 L of water, so another great day is done, and I am looking forward to tomorrows Chest and Triceps workout!

09. Dec. 2006
    Have a great Chest and Triceps workout today, ate all meals on schedule plus 1 scheduled cheat meal and drank 4 L of water.
    -0 points (97 points)

[week 3]
    10 Dec. 2006
    No workout today. I ate all meal on schedule, but I did not get in enought water, so I will -1 point.
    -1 points (96 points)

11. Dec. 2006
    Had a great Leg and Shoulders workout today. Ate all meals on schedule and drank more that 4 L of water!
    -0 points (96 points)

12. Dec. 2006
    Did my fasted morning cardio, drank all my water, but I did have an unscheduled cheat meal this evening at the in-laws house....so...
    -1 point (95 points)

13. Dec. 2006
    Had a great Back and Biceps workout today, ate all meals on schedule and drank 5 L of water.
    -0 points (95 points)

14. Dec. 2006
    Did my fasted AM LISS, ate all meals on schedule and drank lots of water!!
    -0points (95 points)

15. Dec. 2006
    Did my chest/triceps workout, ate all meals on schedule and drank 5 L of water!
    -0 points (95 points)

16. Dec. 2006
    Did my Leg/Shoulder workout followed by 30 min of LISS, ate all meal on schedule, and had my weekly cheat meal. Also drank 4 L of water. Now I am off to bed. Goodnight:)

[week 4]
    17. Dec. 2006
    No workout today. Ate all meals on schedule and drank 4 L of water.
    -0 points (95 points)

18. Dec. 2006
    Did Chest/Triceps workout, ate all meals on schedule drank lotsa water!
    -0 points (95 Points)

19. Dec. 2006
    Shoot! I forgot to update (-1 point) and I missed my morning cardio as well. My daughter was sick so I had to keep her home from the gym daycare. :( (-1 point) But I ate all meals on schedule and drank lots of water! :)
    -2 points (93 points)

20. Dec. 2006
    Did my Back/Biceps, ate all meals on schedule and drank a ton of water!
    -0 points (93 points)

21. Dec. 2006
    Did my fasted morning cardio :claphigh: Drank lots of water.....but I gave into temptation and ate a very large (very yummy) chocolate caramal cookie. :nono:
    -1 point (92 points)

22. Dec. 2006
    Did my Leg/Shoulders workout....ate 6 meals clean....except one more cookie :( (-1 point) Drank 4 L of water. As it gets closer to Christmas it is getting harder to resist the temptation of all the goodies. On a better note, the scale said 115.6 this morning, that is the lowest yet :claphigh:
    -1 point (91 points)

23. Dec. 2006
    Shoot...forgot to update...-1 point...but I ate all meals clean and on schedule and drank lots of water!
    -1 point (90 points)

[week 5]
    24. Dec. 2006
    25. Dec. 2006

26. Dec. 2006
    YIKES! Well the holidays got the better of me! :nono: I missed updating TWICE (-2 points) Had 3 cheat meals (-2 points) one of which was a scheduled. Missed 2 workouts (-2 points) But tomorrow I am back on track! Back to the gym, and my meal plan will not waiver.....
    -6 points(84 points)

27. Dec. 2006
    Went to the gym today and did my cardio and some ab work. Ate all meals clean and on schedule and drank lots of water.
    -0 points (84 points)

28. Dec. 2006
    Had a great Chest/Triceps workout, ate 5 meals on time....had one cheat meal :( and drank lots of water.
    -1 points (83 points)

29. Dec. 2006
    Did my fasted morning cardio this morning, ate 5 meals on schedule, 1 cheat meal :( - 1 point. Drank lotsa water :claphigh:
    -1 point (82 points)

30. Dec. 2006
    Had a great Back/Bicep workout followed by 45 min cardio. Ate all meals clean and on schedule and drank tons of water.
    -0 points (82 points)

[week 6]
    31. Dec. 2006
    No workout today...had one cheat meal (-1) drank lots of water
    -1 point (81 points)

#18 fitnessluver, Nov 25, 2006
  19. Jacknifed Juggernaut

Jacknifed Juggernaut Well-Known Member

I'm in!

Goals:

1) Build muscle and train consistently!
    2) Eat 5 times a day.
    3) Drink 3-4 liters of water per day.
    4) 1 cheat meal a week.

Comment: I've just started a horrible new job which eats all my free time and leaves me no time to work out or eat right. I'm doing this challenge help me stay focussed.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE:

Monday - Weight Training: Chest & Arms.
    Tuesday - Free
    Wednesday - Weight Training: Back & Legs.
    Thursday - Free
    Friday - Weight Training: Chest & Arms.
    Saturday - Free
    Sunday - Free

Meal Schedule: 5 meals a day.

STARTING STATS

WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

END STATS

WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

20. BigIzz

BigIzz Well-Known Member

GOAL: Continue cutting

COMMENT: Fit into my suit for my companies Christmas party on 12/21/06. At the start of the month, I can get it on however I need to lose more to make it comfortable. By the end of the month, I would also like it if the first two numbers on the scale are "one" and "six."

Again I will make allowance's for myself around Christmas as I do not know my gyms schedule for that time (and New Year's as well I suppose). I'm sure my gym will be closed on Monday 12/25, meaning no weight training that day. How I make up for this will be determined later, but the general idea is to get some exercise everyday (although Christmas itself I may take off).

WORKOUT SCHEDULE (is in flux, I may try some different routines/splits, etc. I am thinking of starting full body workouts)
    Monday: Weight training
    Tuesday: LISS cardio, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted)
    Wednesday: Weight training
    Thursday: LISS cardio, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted)
    Friday: Weight training
    Saturday: LISS cardio, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted)
    Sunday: LISS cardio, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted)

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per weekday, one cheat meal per week. I am currently following my interpretation of Tom Vennuto's BFFM carb cycling approach.

Five meals allowable on weekends (depending on what time I get up)

No needless afternoon coffee during the week (holidays and before my Thursday PM cardio session are acceptable)

No alcohol except at the company Christmas Party 12/21 (no more than 3 drinks)

ETS twice a day

Multi vitamin twice a day

OTHER, NON ESSENTIAL GOALS
    Grip Training 3 days a week

Try do do another AM fasted cardio session each week as well (Monday, Wednesday or Friday morning)

STARTING STATS

WEIGHT: 174.8 pounds
    ARMS: 13.25"
    CALVES: 15.5"
    CHEST: 39.5"
    HIPS: 36.75"
    THIGHS: 22"
    WAIST: 33.75"

ENDING STATS
    WEIGHT: 169.2 pounds (-5.8 pounds)
    ARMS: 13.25" (no change)
    CALVES: 15.2.5 (-.25)
    CHEST: 39.75 (+.25)
    FOREARMS: 11" (no change)
    HIPS: 36.00 (-.75)
    THIGHS: 22" (no change)
    WAIST: 32.25 (-1.5)

DAILY LOG
    FRI Dec 1: Got the month off to a great start. Had a very good ab and leg workout this evening. My meals were also on track.
    -0 points (100)

Sat Dec 2:
    Walked at an incline for 45 minutes this morning, ate 6 solid meals.
    -0 points (100)
    Sun Dec 3:
    45 minutes on the arc trainer this morning. Today was a high carb day and I also had a nice cheat meal as well. Was at the Giants game this afternoon, which always makes meal eating difficult but I did my best.
    -0 points (100)

Mon Dec 4:
    Weight workout had highs and lows; regressed with pull ups, also did an exercise I had planned for Wednesday (I guess I'll just switch them, no big deal). Meals were all good.
    -0 points (100)

Tue Dec 5:
    Weighed myself today, was somewhat disappointed being .2 of a pound heavier than last Tuesday (although I was down .4 pounds from Friday). I'm not exactly sweating tenths of a pound week to week, it's just clear I have hit a bit of a plateau. Hopefully my new nutritional plan will help, as it has been spot on. Did 45 minutes on the elliptical this morning and ate 5 of 6 meals so far. I'll have my 6th once I'm done posting this.
    -0 points (100)

Wed Dec 6:
    Had a good weight workout, meals were all good.
    -0 points (100)

Thr Dec 7: Internet was down so I couldn’t make my update on Thursday night as scheduled however I wrote it then. Got up early and did cardio today, had a cheat meal tonight and it kinda screwed up my nutrition however I’m not going to be too hard on myself. I sometimes find that it is harder to deviate from my plan then stick to it. So I’ll keep my points.
    [FONT=&quot]-0 points (100)

Fri Dec 8:
    My leg workout tonight was pretty easy, despite using more weight than last week. I'm sure thats a good sign but I feel unfulfilled. I do feel great about the way I'm looking, it must be my new nutritional protocol.
    -0 points (100)

Sat Dec 9:
    Cardio done this morning, all my meals eaten to my satisfaction.
    -0 points (100)

Sun Dec 10:
    It was warm this morning (relatively) so I went for a 45 minute walk at the park this morning. My watch malfunctioned in the middle so I didn't keep great stats. Walking outside isn't as intense as my gym cardio although I still think there is benefit to actually being outside and really walking (as opposed to being on the treadmill). The downside of outside is you cannot walk uphill the whole time so it is difficult to keep the heart rate up. I don't think it's a big deal, a reduced day of activity isn't a big deal because things are going great. Ever since I started doing the BFFM program I have been getting fantastic results. I actually look in the mirror now and think that I look great. It's nice to see my hard work paying off.
    -0 points (100)

[/FONT] Sun Dec 10: It was warm this morning (relatively) so I went for a 45 minute walk at the park this morning. My watch malfunctioned in the middle so I didn't keep great stats. Walking outside isn't as intense as my gym cardio although I still think there is benefit to actually being outside and really walking (as opposed to being on the treadmill). The downside of outside is you cannot walk uphill the whole time so it is difficult to keep the heart rate up. I don't think it's a big deal, a reduced day of activity isn't a big deal because things are going great. Ever since I started doing the BFFM program I have been getting fantastic results. I actually look in the mirror now and think that I look great. It's nice to see my hard work paying off.
    -0 points (100)

Mon Dec 11:
    Another positive day today, I look great and I feel great. I'm interested to see what the scale says tomorrow morning. My weight workout was great tonight. Fast paced, focused, challenging and intense. Nutrition was spot on again.
    -0 points (100)

Tue Dec 12:
    I purchased the Diet Power software and I must say it's great; I've been playing with it all day. Funny my nutrition isn't a solid as it has been recently because I didn't have time to plan my meals. It is still good enough though. Did my cardio this morning.
    -0 points (100)

Wed Dec 13: Weight workout went well, not as well as Monday though. Went out to dinner but didn't exactly go nuts (balsamic chicken, a salad and a piece of french bread). I may just count it as half a cheat meal and have another healthy cheat on Friday.
    -0 points (100)

Thr Dec 14:
    Adjusted from 6 meals to 5 because I had to do something, think it worked out best in the end. Did my cardio on the arc trainer.
    -0 points (100)

Fri Dec 15:
    Increased my meals to 7 today to include a lunch at work, but it was a high calorie day so it wasn't a big deal. Leg workout went very well.
    -0 points (100)

Sat Dec 16:
    Home late tonight, about to eat my 6th meal. Did cardio this morning and save for a long difference between meal 5 and 6, everything else was good.
    -0 points (100)

Sun Dec 17:
    Went for a walk in the park this morning, meals were good considering I was at the football which makes 6 healthy meals a bit of a challenge. I have been getting great results lately, I think it is a combination of my nutritional protocol, my diet power software and my consistency.
    -0 points (100)

Mon Dec 18:
    Just finished my 6th meal. Took a nap today after my 4th meal and before the gym - I'm not sure why I was tired, it may have been my lack of carbs after meal 1. I don't know what effect napping has on weight lifting, the workout went rather well though.
    -0 points (100)

Tue Dec 19:
    Cardio done this morning, 5 of 6 meals so far, 6th in a few minutes. I need to sit down and think about how I am going to alter my schedule for the next 2 weeks as my gym will be closed on 12/25 and 1/1 and those are lifting days. I am thinking of doing 2 full body workouts for the next 2 weeks, taking 12/25 as a day off and cardio on 1/1, but I'm not sure.
    -0 points (100)

Wed Dec 20:
    Did my push routine today. Ate all my meals as scheduled. Tomorrow I make my goal of wearing my suit to my office Christmas party.
    -0 points (100)

Thr Dec 21:
    Did fasted PM cardio. Achieved my goal of wearing my suit to the office Christmas Party. Celebrated a bit afterward had a (clean) cheat meal (chicken, roast beef, potato, peas). Also had 2 gin and tonics. Had to sub one meal for a protein bar. Not exactly sure what the damage is yet, haven't plugged it all in the computer. Not going to deduct any points as this was all planned and I showed restraint, it could have been a lot worse.
    -0 points (100)

Fri Dec 22:
    Did my leg workout early today because I was off from work. It went alright, a bit disappointed with my squats though. Had my meals
    -0 points (100)

Sat Dec 23: The scale started with a "one" and a "six" today; I weighed in at a healthy 169.8 pounds. This is, inexplicably, 2.6 pounds less than 2 days ago. I went on to have two drinks this evening and will lose 2 points because of it. Can't say I regret the decision and am kind of proud that I didn't do more, but I pay the price.
    (98)

Sun Dec 24:
    Today was interesting. Started with a return to HIIT, which ended up being a lot more of a challenge than I thought it would be. While LISS works great, I wanted to push myself harder, feel exhausted after a work, be covered in sweat, etc. So I think I'll incorporate more HIIT in the future. As an added bonus, I eat before hand which is nice on weekends because I usually sleep later and it is difficult to sleep late, do fasted cardio then eat 6 meals. Anyway I went to the football game today so my meals suffered a bit because of that. Then I got home and felt terrible, I was shivering and had a bit of a fever. Still, I had my appetite so I went out to dinner with my family and had a wonderful Kobe Flat Iron steak as my cheat meal. I am feeling a bit better and plan to have meal 6 on schedule. My macros are off today (about 33/33/33 with too may kCal where I'm aiming for 30/45/25) but it was a cheat meal so I'm not going to deduct any more points. Tomorrow I have a planned off day from working out (and trust me my body needs a rest) but nutritionally I have gotten a tad lax these last few days. It hasn't been terrible but now that the holiday is almost passed I will get back on track.
    -0 points (98)

Mon Dec 25:
    Took a (planned) day off from exercise, it couldn't have come at a better time as I was still a bit under the weather today. Meals were all good.
    -0 points (98)

Tue Dec 26:
    Still feeling a bit ill, but I did my cardio and ate my meals as planned today.
    -0 points (98)

Wed Dec 27:
    Had a high carb day today, meals were all geat (actually making my 6th right now). Had a solid weight workout as well. Body weight was again down below 170 today (169.8). Why so much change from day to day? I'm not sure but I am pleased with my results all around.
    -0 points (98)

Thr Dec 28:
    Did cardio this afternoon, which ran a little long. Ended up condensing 6 meals into 5 because based on timing, it just made a lot more sense.
    -0 points (98)

Fri Dec 29:
    Weight workout was lackluster, my nutrition was good and I ate my 6 meals as planned.
    -0 points (98)

Sat Dec 30:
    I read something yesterday that convinced me I need to take more days off and that it would provide me with more benefits to do so. So no training today, my meals were good.
    -0 points (98)

Sun Dec 31:
    Went for a walk this morning, ate my meals as planned. All in all a successful month, will weigh and measure myself tomorrow morning.
    -0 points (98)

Summary
    : Very successful month, my new nutritional protocol worked great as did my vigilance tracking it with Diet Power. Not sure how accurate the measurements are because I'm not good at taking them really but my waist lost a significant amount especially considering I've been cutting for 9 months now. Next month will be the end so I cannot take it easy now.

#20 BigIzz, Nov 26, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.