1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

John Stone's April 2008 "100 Challenge" (Completed)

Discussion in '"100 Challenges"' started by John Stone, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE CHALLENGE HAS BEGUN. NO MORE ENTRIES ALLOWED FOR THIS MONTH'S CHALLENGE!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions belong in this thread.

Until the challenge begins, please refrain from making any posts in this thread except your Official Entry post. Once the challenge starts, you may post all you like.

This premise of this challenge is pretty simple: Each participant starts the month with 100 points. A point is deducted each time a workout is missed, a meal is missed, an unscheduled "cheat" meal or snack is consumed or a daily update to your official challenge post is missed. The goal, of course, is to finish the month with 100 points!

Here are the rules:

1) The challenge begins on April 1, 2008. You must have your starting post up by 7:00 AM (EDT) on April 1, 2008--NO EXCEPTIONS!
    2) It doesn't matter if you are cutting, bulking or maintaining. The common goal here is 100% consistency.
    3) Each person participating in the challenge should start a post in this thread by the cut-off time. Your Official Challenge post must be updated each and every day. The updates won't take long (examples below). If you miss an update, you must deduct a point. Please note that you should edit your existing Official Challenge post--don't start a new post every day.
    4) Miss a workout for any reason, deduct a point.
    5) Miss a meal for any reason, deduct a point.
    6) Eat an unscheduled "cheat" meal or snack, deduct a point.

Feel free to post before/after pictures if you like (optional).

Of course this challenge is based on the honor system. You can cheat, but that would be pointless.

Here's an example Official Challenge post (feel free to copy and paste, substituting your own information):

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sample Official "100 Challenge" post

GOAL: Cutting

COMMENT: I want to reduce my body fat to 8%.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: chest & triceps (PM)
    Tuesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
    Wednesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: back & biceps (PM)
    Thursday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
    Friday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: delts & traps (PM)
    Saturday Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: legs (PM)
    Sunday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, one cheat meal per week.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 200 pounds
    BODY FAT: 9.8%
    ARMS: 16.75"
    CALVES: 16.5"
    CHEST: 42.75"
    FOREARMS: 13.5"
    HIPS: 38.75"
    THIGHS: 24"
    WAIST: 32.5"

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG (Note: Each entry should be completed the day after, or at the end of the same day after all meals/workouts are completed. Please be sure to keep a running total of your points, as shown below.)

APR 1: I did my cardio and ate all meals as scheduled.
    -0 points [100 points]

APR 2: My car broke down and I missed my back workout. I walked to Burger King for dinner and had an unscheduled cheat meal.
    -2 points [98 points]

APR 3: I missed my cardio today, but ate all meals as scheduled.
    -1 point [97 points]

APR 4:

APR 5: I missed yesterday's update, but I did my delts and traps workout yesterday, and ate all meals as scheduled (including my scheduled cheat meal). Today I did my cardio, ate all meals as scheduled and did my leg workout.
    -1 point [96 POINTS]

You get the idea.....

2. tamondong1

tamondong1 Active Member

GOALS
    1.) Stay above 90 points (passed - 92 points remaining)
    2.) Not miss a post (failed - 1 missed post)
    3.) Miss less than 2 weekend workouts (failed - 7 missed training days)
    4.) Target loss of 4 lbs. of body fat (passed - assuming that 3 lbs. of net weight loss included at least one pound of lean gain)

COMMENT
    I'm 5'6" and started at 190 lbs at the beginning of January. At the end of March I weighed in at 176 lbs.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Weight Training - Chest & Triceps
    Tuesday: Weight Training - Back & Biceps
    Wednesday: Weight Training - Abs & Forearms
    Thursday: Weight Training - Legs
    Friday: Weight Training - Shoulders & Traps
    Saturday: Rest Day
    Sunday: Weight Training - Abs & Calves

MEAL SCHEDULE
    6 meals per day, 1800 - 2000 calories per day

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 176 lbs
    BODY FAT: 17%ish
    ARMS: 14.7
    FOREARMS: 12.0
    CHEST: 42.0
    HIPS: 36.0
    WAIST: 38.0
    THIGHS: 23.5
    CALVES: 16.7

END STATS
    WEIGHT: 173 lbs.
    BODY FAT: 14-16%
    ARMS: 14.7
    FOREARMS: 12.0
    CHEST: 41.5
    HIPS: 36.0
    WAIST: 37.0
    THIGHS: 23.0
    CALVES: 16.5

DAILY LOG
    DAY 1: (-0 for the day), [100 points total]
    Started off by eating a gallon of ice cream and 2 bags of potato chips - APRIL FOOLS! Good Day overall, not much to say.
    DAY 2: (-0), [100]
    Got over the dreaded hump day. Abs are feeling great.
    DAY 3: (-0), [100]
    Say what you want to say about soreness, but it makes my leg day feel accomplished.
    DAY 4: (-0), [100]
    At this point, I need to start breaking the plateau that I have reached with my shoulders and traps.
    DAY 5: (-0), [100]
    For this first weekend, I'm flip-flopping my rest and workout days. So Saturday was a good, relaxing weekend day.
    DAY 6: (-0), [100]
    Since I switched out yesterday's scheduled training with rest , I worked out today. Needless to say, it felt great.
    DAY 7: (-0), [100]
    Getting over a case of the Mondays. Just have to keep on rolling.
    DAY 8: (-0), [100]
    I'm not experiencing as much tightness in my lower back as in my previous back and biceps training days. That's good.
    DAY 9: (-1), [99]
    Missed my ab workout. We all stumble, but what really differentiates success and failure is how you get back up.
    DAY 10: (-1), [98]
    Legs were neglected today. Inexcusable, but will be made up on Saturday. Keeping up the diet though.
    DAY 11: (-0), [98]
    Shoulders and traps are always a strong way for me to finish off the week. Now for the weekend.
    DAY 12: (-0), [98]
    Made up Thursday's missed workout today. Legs are always quite the task to complete, but it feels awesome getting them done.
    DAY 13: (-0), [98]
    The only time skipping is actually a good thing; I skipped my rest day and made up my missed ab training.
    DAY 14: (-0), [98]
    Another solid chest and tri's day. I am definitely finding the groove right now.
    DAY 15: (-1), [97]
    Intentionally switched out scheduled bicep training with abs. Deduction of a point for half-assing the workout.
    DAY 16: (-0), [97]
    Another good day. My biceps are finally balancing out to a reasonable extent.
    DAY 17: (-0), [97]
    Legs are always a challenge. I'll leave it at that.
    DAY 18: (-0), [97]
    Right after I do my shrugs, I always feel "beastial." Hahaha. I can't believe what I just wrote. Hilarious.
    DAY 19: (-0), [97]
    I'm permanently switching my rest day and ab day on the weekends. So, today was a breeze.
    DAY 20: (-1), [96]
    Didn't have time to get my ab training in. Pathetic.
    DAY 21: (-0), [96]
    Everything is good. Time to get going.
    DAY 22: (-1), [95]
    Training isn't the only thing I need to get back on track with. I need to start buckling down hardcore.
    DAY 23: (-0), [95]
    I had a surprisingly solid day making up my back and biceps day. Now for the follow through.
    DAY 24: (-0), [95]
    Leg day was tiring but awesome. I have a love-hate relationship with lunges.
    DAY 25: (-0), [95]
    Finishing off the week strong. All cylinders are definitely firing now.
    DAY 26: (-0), [95]
    Rest day, so it's all good.
    DAY 27: (-1), [94]
    Another missed ab training session. Pathetic.
    DAY 28: (-1), [93]
    Missed my first post of the month. I can't believe it.
    DAY 29: (-1), [92]
    Missed my back and biceps day. Miserable.
    DAY 30: (-0), [92]
    Made up my back and biceps day. Finished strong.

Overall, April has been a very solid month. I have definitely made a good amount of progress in how I look as well as my overall body composition. The only goal that I know I passed was to stay above 90 points; this was accomplished in large part due to the fact that I was perfect in maintaining a clean diet without fail. However, the one aspect that I need to greatly improve upon is the consistency of my training. Although I didn't miss many workouts, I definitely need to be more consistent in my training routine. I can't continually reschedule and make up workouts. I need to do what needs to be done on any given day. This will keep me motivated to continually improve upon the gains that I've made so far. As long as I continue these trends, May will definitely be another stepping stone hopefully leading to my goal of an awesome beach body by July.

#2 tamondong1, Mar 14, 2008
    Last edited: May 1, 2008
  3. jjliu

jjliu Active Member

Hopefully can do this.. will be doing masters research in Ghana.. so not sure!

4. jerome

jerome Active Member

GOAL: 10% body fat.

COMMENT: February was a start, March went much better, April is the real deal. Things have been going better, working out really on target and diet is getting there. Going on an 8 day vacation to Ghana, I am not going to make any rules for that time. Because of this vacation I will stay spot on the other days.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    3 x per week :

1) 5x5 Bench Press, 5x5 Dumbell Squats to Shoulder Press, 5x5 Shrugs to Shoulder Raises
    2) 5x5 Chinups, 5x5 Deadlifts, 5x5 Hyperextensions (or Good Mornings)
    3) 5x5 Pull Ups, 5x5 Front Squats, 5x5 Barbell Row (or Cable Rows) + target bicep/triceps if wanted/time allows

2x LISS Running per week

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Eat healthy, under 2200 calories, one cheat meal per week.

January 1st 2007: 207.0 lbs 22.0% (?)

January 1st 2008: 180.6lbs 16.5% 86 pts
    Feburary 1st 2008:
    174.0lbs 14.3% 81 pts
    March 1st 2008: 172.0lbs 14.3% 83 pts
    April 1st 2008: 170.lbs 13.0% (according to 7 point test)

April 1st: Incredibly sore from the new work out program started at the end of March! Can't believe how much those 5x5 chinup sets and deadlifts have wrecked me. Diet was great yesterday, should be spot on today. 100pts!

April 2nd: Wow.. still sore.. those chinups.. wow. First day my shoulder and upper back hurt.. now its moving down to my upper abs and lats - great. Did an early morning 2.2km 17 min fasted run at the gym. First time I have done any kind of fasted running in half a decade. Followed it up with my normal 4.5km walk to work. Feeling very good right now. Better start to the month than last two times. 100pts!

April 3rd: Impromptu run to work today and was drenched in sweat upon arriving. Yesterday has to count as my cheat night as I had some pints with my gf before she left the coutnry. 100pts

April 4th: Still sore.. from March 31st.. 3 total body work outs a week is going to be tough, managed 2 last week. I should be ready for the weights again tomorrow. This morning did a 15 minute HIIT session. Feel great, woke up early, finished the run and had time to have a leisurely breakfast before walking to work. Now its Friday.. but had my cheat my on Wednesday.. argh. 100pts

April 5th-6th: Had beer and failed. -10 pts because its totally unacceptable. -2 points for not posting saturday and sunday, -1 for bad diet saturday. 87pts

April 7th: Did 20 minute LISS in the morning Sunday + pull ups, inverse push ups and squats. This morning did 15 minute HIIT. I am proud that I recovered so quickly from the drinking straight back into running and working out but it never should have happened and wont happen again. 87pts

April 8th: Feeling much better already. Thinking of heading to the gym 6 days a week from now on. Woke up in a panic to rush off to a doctors appointment only to figure out that it was an hour later. Had time to rush to the gym and do a quick shoulder and bicep workout. Good luck. Diet was good yesterday and should be good today. Recalculated calorie consumption due to increased exercise, upping to 2200 per day. Have been getting far more than enough protein eating naturally, wondering if need to buy protein shakes again.. perhaps when I begin bulking in the future? 87 pts

April 9th: 21 minute LISS run. All goes well, diet is going well. Vacation quick approaching. 87pts

April 10th: Stayed up late watching my favourite hockey team get destroyed. Sigh. Took the morning off, diet still going well. Will carry out a very hard workout tomorrow morning in prep for the vacation. 87 pts

April 11th: Stayed up late again watching hockey (starts at midnight here because of the time difference). Just managed to haul myself out of bed for the gym this morning. Did a quick and hard chin up, deadlift bench press work out. Off to Accra tomorrow. No plans for exercise.. perhaps some swimming in the ocean. Feeling very good today after the 5 day work out week with a few good runs. Much more definition in arms. See you all in a bit. 87 pts

April 12th - 20th: On vacation in Ghana soaking up the sun!

April 21st: Back home, very tired. Not as relaxing as a good vacation can be. Straight off the plane at 6 am and into work. Not sure if I will head to the gym tomorrow, really need a full night of sleep. 87 pts

April 22nd: Slept a good 7+ hours. Back to eating my normal diet which my stomach likes much more than what I was eating on vacation. Looking forward to the gym tomorrow. 87pts

April 23rd: 1 am Fire Alarm for the third time in 3 weeks.. dont know what to say. Stomach still not happy, presumably from the very powerful malaria medication that I still have to take since coming back from Ghana. Missed the gym and was 10 minutes late for work. Ugh, still, should have figured out a way to go to the gym. -1 86 pts

April 24th: Back to the gym for a 2.5km LISS Run. Will hopefully do weights tomorrow if girlfriend is feeling better. I hate taking drugs.. looking forward to Monday when I can finally stop with this crap. Dropping weight quick.. need to do body fat test 167lbs.. wow 86 pts

April 25th: Unplanned cheat. no gym this morning - 2 84 pts blah.

April 26th-27th: Normal lack of updating on the weekends. I think I just need to cut this out next challenge. I dont generally use any computers on the weekend. Diet wasnt great on Friday so -1, other than that I had a good session sunday, legs are really sore from the squats. 83 pts

April 28th: Gym, food good. 83 pts

April 29th: I missed a post? Wierd, I was sure I had posted.. Gym in the morning, targeted biceps. -1 82 pts

April 30th: Last day of the month.. went ok.. not great again. The trip to Ghana was difficult on the old body.. my stomach was not doing well for the entire time and a week after getting back. I hate malaria medication. I am not stronger than before but I am leaner. I will have to do measurements and get them up for next month. The only real issue any longer is diet.. its good, very good but not great. I need to make my diet as good as possible while I am at work and home so when I do have an important event I can eat whatever is offered and not be rude. Have significantly cut down on casual beers. 82 pts

#4 jerome, Mar 14, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  5. Tallyho

Tallyho Active Member

Goal:Cutting(Reducing body fat)

Comment:Just getting back into the swing of things

Workout Schedule:
    Monday:Crunches,elliptical-30 min.(AM Fasted)
    Tuesday:Weight Training (AM)-Shoulders,Triceps
    Wednesday:Crunches,Elliptical-30 min.(AM Fasted)
    Thursday:Weight Training (AM)-Chest,Biceps
    Friday Crunches,Elliptical-30min.(AM Fasted)
    Saturday:Crunches,Elliptical-30min.
    Sunday;Weight Training ( MID-Day )-Legs

Meal Schedule
    Six meals per day;

Starting Stats:
    Weight:200
    Body Fat:(?)
    Arms:14.5
    Calves:
    Chest:45
    Forearms:13
    Hips:40.5
    Thighs:24
    Waist:38

End Stats
    Weight:
    Body Fat:
    Arms:
    Calves:
    Chest:
    Forearms:
    Hips:
    Thighs:
    Waist:

Daily Log:April 1 (-1 for not having my measurments,will do when I get home from work)Other than that day went smooth:workout was great ( little sore from sundays legs )meals on time and balanced.( 99 points )

April 2-Put measurements in (not to sure if correct)workout went nice,missed meal 5 because of work-1point.This is really a good way of finding out were I lack, which might hinder my progress.
    ( 98 points )

April 3-Workout was great( Chest/Biceps ) Thoght I could have done a few more exercises,but thought it out and decided had a great and it's not a race.Missed my meal 5 again(97points),not a total disapointment had an extra cardio session with wife in PM.All in all feel good.

April 4-Cardio was great this morn.,meals on track.Missed logging them in(-1 ) 96 points

April 5-Missed workout(-1),meals not to good(-1),missed logging in(-1) 93 points

April 6-Workout went good( Legs )meals went so so(-1)just to justify my ego.92 points

April 7-Missed workout(-1)meals clean 91 points

April 8-meals went as planned,workout was great(with son) 91 points

April 9-Missed workout(-1),all meals went good exept #6(-1),Had unplanned cheat meal(beer when cutting grass)(-1)Starting to get off track( 88 points )

#5 Tallyho, Mar 14, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  6. Apolon

Apolon Well-Known Member

GOAL
    Under 340 by 5/1/08

MEAL SCHEDULE
    6 meals a day, 1 day of 5 meals and a cheat meal. I am about on 2500-2600 calories daily.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE -

April 3-14 HIIT Cardio 15 mins

Monday: Legs (AM) 15 Mins HIIT Cardio (PM)
    Tuesday: 15 Mins HIIT Cardio
    Wednesday: Chest, Delts & Triceps (AM) 15 Mins HIIT Cardio (PM)
    Thursday: 15 Mins HIIT Cardio
    Friday: Back & Biceps (AM) 15 Mins HIIT Cardio (PM)
    Saturday: 15 Mins HIIT Cardio
    Sunday: Rest, possible 15 Mins HIIT Cardio

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 369
    BODY FAT: 41%
    ARMS: 17"
    CALVES: 18.75"
    CHEST: 55"
    FOREARMS: 13.5"
    HIPS: 57"
    THIGHS: 24"
    WAIST: 57"

END STATS

WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG

April 1, 2008 - After a rough end to March, I hit the gym and stuck to my diet again. 20 Mins of Cardio only today.
    April 2, 2008 - No gym but stuck to diet (-1)
    April 3, 2008 - HIIT Cardio Workout. Followed diet. Going to do next 1.5 weeks as cardio to let shoulders and rest of body from heavy lifting the past month.
    April 4, 2008 - HIIT Cardio workout. Followed diet, had my cheat meal tonight.
    April 5, 2008 - HIIT Cardio workout. Didn't follow diet, but ate decent and didn't overdo it. (-1)
    April 6, 2008 - Normal rest day, didn't follow diet (-1)
    April 7, 2008 - Leg workout, diet followed. Machines was taken so I just did leg workout.
    April 8, 2008 - HIIT Cardio Workout. Followed diet.
    April 9, 2008 - HIIT Cardio Workout. Followed diet.
    April 10, 2008 - HIIT Cardio Workout. Followed diet.
    April 11, 2008 - HIIT Cardio Workout. Walked 2.5 miles. Followed diet.
    April 12, 2008 - Walked 2.5 Miles. Ate well and had a yummy homemade pizza cheat meal.:drool:
    April 13, 2008 - Little upper body workout on a normal no workout day. Followed diet.
    April 14, 2008 - Insane leg workout. Followed diet.
    April 15, 2008 - HIIT Cardio Workout. Followed diet.
    April 16, 2008 - AM Weights - PM HIIT. Diet Followed.
    April 17, 2008 - HIIT Cardio Workout. Followed diet.
    April 18, 2008 - Missed gym but did weights at home. Followed Diet.
    April 19, 2008 - HIIT Cardio Workout. Weighed in at 355.5 pounds this morning. Had my cheat meal today also.
    April 20, 2008 - Walked about 1.5 miles today with wife, along with golfing. Followed Diet.
    April 21, 2008 - PR on Squats tonight. Followed diet.
    April 22, 2008 - HIIT Cardio Workout. Followed diet.
    April 23, 2008 - Took a day off, i needed it. Will catch up tomorrow morning and evening. Also didn't follow diet but ate ok. (-2)
    April 24, 2008 - Good workout, diet followed.
    April 25, 2008 - Nice workout, had healthy tacos for dinner, YUM
    April 26, 2008 - 18 holes of golf in. Cheat meal of pizza. :drool:
    April 27, 2008 - Much needed day off of working out. Diet not good. (-1)
    April 28, 2008 - No gym or diet. (-2)
    April 29, 2008 - No gym or diet. (-2)
    April 30, 2008 - No gym or diet. (-2) :mad:

Total - 88

#6 Apolon, Mar 14, 2008
  7. Bambam07

Bambam07 Well-Known Member

Count me in!!

Goal: Lose 8 lbs of fat
    Meal- 6 meals a day, 1 Cheat meal
    Workout- 6 Fasted Morning LISS, 3 Training Days, 2 Additional Afternoon LISS

April 1- Perfect first day- 100 points
    April 2- Perfect - 100 Points
    April 3- Perfect- 100 Points
    April 4- Perfect- Becoming easy at this point- 100 points
    April 5- Had my Sunday today- Tomorrow will be today and so forth- 100 points
    April 6- Did my usual Saturday routine, ate perfect, and did my LISS, on to Monday!!- 100 Points
    April 7- Perfect- Wahoo, 1 week down- 100 Points
    April 8- Perfect- 100 Points
    April 9- This is the way it should be- everything is simply part of my routine- 100 points
    April 10- Good Stuff- Perfect- 100 Points
    April 11- Perfect- 100 points
    April 12- Perfect- 100 Points
    April 13- Perfect- 100 Points

I think I have let this run its course- I simply am in the zone and do not need the accountability of this challenge so I will stick with the 3lbs a week challenge and leave it at that. Thank you all .

#7 Bambam07, Mar 14, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  8. Big_Simon

Big_Simon Active Member

lots of travel again in April but I'll give it another shot.

I've decided to skip this month I'll be home less than 7 days so I really can't commit 100%

#8 Big_Simon, Mar 14, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  9. Buttersweet

Buttersweet Active Member

let's celebrate my one year membership anniversary with this challenge:)

GOAL: to lose 2 kg and at least 2% BF by the end of the month
    COMMENT: getting serious again

FOOD: at least 5 meals per day, at least one warm meal daily, one cheat meal per week, one drink per week, at least 2 l of water daily, 40:40:20, ~ 1700 cals

WORKOUT SCHEDULE: 6 cardio sessions per week, 4 lifting sessions per week (upper, lower, upper, lower)

APR 1: all by the book, did a lifting and a cardio workout, still have two more meals to eat, but won't have any problems doing that :D
    - 0 points [100]
    APR 2:
    a great day again. just did my cardio: 45 min on stationary bike.
    - 0 points [100]
    APR 3:
    a very much needed rest day. diet perfectly clean, almost forgot about my plan to have at least one warm meal a day, but just had it.
    - 0 points [100]
    APR 4:
    i was doing fieldwork from 8 am till 9 pm. diet however was perfectly clean, and i had plenty of water, just no exercise. perhaps i can still catch the designated number of workouts per week
    - 0 points [100]
    APR 5:
    cheat day, but did lifting and cardio
    - 0 points [100]
    APR 6:
    even though this week (challenge) didn't start on Monday, i'm still deducting points for the number of workouts i should have and could have done Tue- Sat
    - 4 points [96]
    APR 7:
    45 min stationary bike, yay, all else as planned
    - 0 points [96]
    APR 8:
    diet not perfectly clean
    - 1 point [95]
    APR 9:
    cheat day
    - 0 point [95]
    APR 10: all by the book
    - 0 points [95]
    APR 11: diet not completely clean
    - 1 point [94]
    APR 12: almost fprgot to post; did lifting (chest, triceps, butt) and cardio
    - 0 poiints [94]
    APR 13: no exercise, all else as planned
    - 2 points [92]
    APR 14: cheat day, personally i didn't need it, but my relationship did, so i don't feel guilty. i do think though that McDeath made me stupid today, it was like 'gleep?' to everything everyone was saying:D no more for me
    - 0 points [92]
    APR 15: leg day, did cardio as well. finally.
    - 0 points [92]
    APR 16 & 17: forgot to post
    - 1 point [91]
    APR 18: didn't exercise, all else perfect
    - 1 point [90]
    APR 19: no exercise, all else by the book
    - 1 point [89]
    APR 20: didn't post
    - 1 point [88]
    APR 21: all ok
    - 0 points [88]
    APR 22: i did good
    - 0 points [88]
    APR 23: no exercise
    - 1 point [87]
    APR 24 and 25: no exercise, one post forgotten, all else by the book
    - 2 points [85]
    i'm away for the weekend so i will not be able to post

i think i finished at around 80

#9 Buttersweet, Mar 15, 2008
  10. lancedefrance

lancedefrance Active Member

GOAL: Bulking

COMMENT: Continuing on with my bulking cycle, this is the start of the 5th week of 8 weeks total cycle.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    After getting some advice from forum dwellers, I am going to go back onto full body workouts 3 days a week, as opposed to doing split day training (was on 5 day split).

Day1 Full body training.
    Day2 Optional cardio training.
    Day3 Optional Pt session in the morning.
    Day4 Full body training.
    Day5 Rest or cardio.
    Day6 Full body training.
    Day7 Optional fitness class (Step), fitness class (Attack), fitness class (Balance)

Ps. These classes run for approx 50 mins, and they are excellent for cardio fitness.
    If you are curious about any of these fitness classes then you can check them out here
    http://www.lesmills.co.nz/group%20fitness%20home.cfm
    They are offered in many gyms around the world.

DIET and MEAL SCHEDULE
    I will be on a bulking diet, 6 Meals a day with a post work out shake on weight days. This is going to be a high protein diet. Two cheat meals per week are allowed.

SITE UPDATE:
    I will try to update this everyday however I am not going to take points off for not updating daily. The minimum number of updates will be 3 - 4 times a week, any less than that and I will deduct points for noncompliance.

STARTING STATS 01/04/2008
    WEIGHT: 84.5 KG
    BODY FAT: Unknown
    Bicep relaxed R 32.5
    Bicep flexed R 39
    Chest 105
    waist 88
    Hips 104
    Thigh 63.5
    NOTE: All measurements are in CM not Inches

General note: My work situation might be changing significantly. I might be working away on a client site 5 days a week. The site is quite remote and would mean that I would struggle to fit my gym work as I will be doing 12 hr days 5 days a week. Regardless of my work commitments I will deduct points for missing resistance training sessions however I will not deduct points for missing anything else. That’s why 'optional' appears next to most none essential workouts. I just hope that I can at least maintain my fitness level.

April 01: PT session: started with DL, then DL shrugs, then, DL high pull. Then moved onto cleans then clean and jerk. finally hack squats and one arm snatch.
    [100 Points]

April 02: Full body training as scheduled. I am following a spread sheet that had 2 x 8 (sets/reps) which I followed. Not sure if this is correct as it just didnt have the volume to fatigue the muscle but will see how things progress.
    [100 Points]

April 03: rest day.
    [100 Points]

April 04: Full Body training as planned diet was crap, went out to the pub after work and had some fried food so - 1 point.
    [99 Points]

April 05: Cardio training, Body Attack and balance. Since I am not doing as much cardio as before I am struggling a bit as I have lost some of my conditioning. We had a temp instructor and she is sizzling HOT her Boyfriend must be a very lucky guy!!
    [99 Points]

April 06: full body training as planed, doing 2 sets of 18 isnt easy, I reached failure on my chest exercise and almost dropped the DB on myself.
    [99 Points]

April 07: went to the dentist and missed cardio training - 1 point.
    [98 Points]

April 08: Pt session this morning, started with squats, front squats, cleans, clean and jerk, light DL, light DL and high pull, finished with overhead squats and bent over barbell row. I had the one of the best Step classes, Sarah R (the instructor) was full of energy and enthusiasm in addition to her bubbly personality. My back is a bit sore from DLs from last week think I tore a muscle so I couldnt push it to my full potential during step and I will struggle with DLs tomorrow.
    [98 Points]

April 09: I had a good training session this morning, however I had to change to sumo squats as my back is sore after an injury from last week. Even then I had to take it easy on the DL. all else went well especially bench press when a spotter helped me with a couple of negative reps.
    [98 Points]

April 10: Rest day today but I did a yoga class this morning for the first time, it was great but it was hard. It wasnt that long either as it only went for 45 mins and 10 mins of that was relaxation. Over all ideal workout for a rest day :)
    [98 Points]

April 11: Full body training as planned.
    [98 Points]

April 12: Cardio training, Attack and Balance, diet wasnt good so - 1 point.
    [97 Points]

April 13: Full body training as planned.
    [97 Points]

April 14: Cardio training first interval of attack and a step class, also had a beautiful piece of salmon for dinner :)
    [97 Points]

April 15: PT session in the morning, DLs, Shrugs, High pull, snatches, cleans, clean and jerk squats, one arm snatch and RDL. Step class in the
    afternoon.
    [97 Points]

April 16: Full body training.
    [97 Points]

April 17: rest day - I did Yoga this morning, and also had a 30 min PT session. The PT covered with me a few things like cleans, squats, high pulls, and a few other things.
    [97 Points]

April 18: Full body training. PT session in the afternoon covered snatch, clean and jerk and front squat in 30 mins.
    [97 Points]

April 19: Cardio body attack.
    [97 Points]

April 20: Full body training.
    [97 Points]

April 21: Cardio body attack - 1 point for diet.
    [96 Points]

April 22: Full body training - 1 point for diet.
    [95 Points]

April 23: Cardio body attack - 1 point for diet.
    [94 Points]

April 24: Missed my training session due to travelling also diet wasnt good - 2 points.
    [92 Points]

April 25: I did my full body training that I missed from yesterday but I had zero energy and zero motivation :( I dont know whats going on but I dont feel so good.
    [92 Points]

April 26: Cardio fitness class Step and attack and balance.
    [92 Points]

April 27: I finished my TBT bulking program by C Waterbury. so I am taking a week off from lifting. Just did Cardio (Step). It was sad to hear that Alex the instructor is finishing next week.
    [92 Points]

April 28: Cardio attack. -1 point for diet.
    [91 Points]

#10 lancedefrance, Mar 16, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  11. chapman

chapman Well-Known Member

GOALS: Fat loss (4% Body fat)

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: 45 mins (LISS cardio, fasted) (AM); Weight training: Back (PM)
    Tuesday: 45 mins (LISS cardio, fasted) (AM); Weight training: Chest, abs (PM)
    Wednesday: 45 mins (LISS cardio, fasted) (AM);
    Thursday: 45 mins (LISS cardio, fasted) (AM); Weight training: Legs
    Friday: 45 mins (LISS cardio, fasted) (AM); Weight training: Shoulders, arms(PM)
    Saturday: 45 mins (LISS cardio, fasted) (AM);
    Sunday: 45 mins (LISS cardio, fasted) (AM);

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, one cheat day per week.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 78.8 kg
    BODY FAT: 20%
    WAIST: 91 cm

april 1st 45' LISS cardio, workout, 6 meals. 100 pts
    april 2nd 45' LISS cardio, 6 meals. 100 pts
    april 3d 45' LISS cardio, workout, 6 meals. 100 pts
    april 4th 45' LISS cardio, MISSED workout (-1), 6 meals. 99 pts
    april 5th MISSED cardio (-1), 6 meals. 98 pts
    april 6th MISSED cardio (-1), 6 meals. 97 pts
    april 7th 45' LISS cardio, workout, 6 meals. 97 pts
    april 8th 45' LISS cardio, workout, 6 meals. 97 pts
    april 9th 45' LISS cardio, 6 meals. 97 pts
    april 10th 45' LISS cardio, workout, 6 meals. 97 pts
    april 11th 45' LISS cardio, MISSED workout (-1), 6 meals. 96 pts
    april 12th MISSED cardio (-1), 5 meals+scheduled cheat meal. 95 pts
    april 13th MISSED cardio (-1), 6 meals. 94 pts
    april 14th 45' LISS cardio, workout, 6 meals. 94 pts
    april 15th 45' LISS cardio, 6 meals. 94 pts
    april 16th 45' LISS cardio,6 meals. 94 pts
    april 17th 45' LISS cardio, workout, 6 meals. 94 pts
    april 18th 45' LISS cardio, MISSED workout (-1), 6 meals. 93 pts
    april 19th MISSED cardio (-1), MISSED workout (-1), 6 meals. 91 pts
    april 20th MISSED cardio (-1), 6 meals. 90 pts
    april 21st 45' LISS cardio, workout, 6 meals. 90 pts
    april 22nd 45' LISS cardio, workout, 6 meals. 90 pts
    april 23d 45' LISS cardio, 6 meals. 90 pts
    april 24th 45' LISS cardio, workout, 6 meals. 90 pts
    april 25th 45' LISS cardio, workout, 6 meals. 90 pts
    april 26th 45' LISS cardio, 6 meals. 90 pts
    april 27th MISSED cardio (-1), 6 meals. 89 pts
    april 28th 45' LISS cardio, workout, 6 meals. 89 pts
    april 29th 45' LISS cardio, workout, 6 meals. 89 pts
    april 30d 45' LISS cardio, 6 meals. 89 pts
    ---------------------------------------------------------

APRIL 2008 "100 challenge" results:

04/01/08: Weight 78.8 kg, BF 20%, LBM 63.04kg, fat 15.76 kg, waist 91 cm
    04/30/08: Weight 76.8 kg, BF 21%, LBM 60.67kg, fat 16.71 kg, waist 90 cm

Change in body weight: -2.00 kg
    Change in %BF: +1% (Goal not achieved)
    Change in LBM= -2.368 kg
    Change in fat mass= +0.368 kg
    Change in waist: -1 cm

Total score: 89 points

Cardio: 30 sessions scheduled, 7 missed (Just week ends)
    Lifting: 17 sessions scheduled, 4 missed
    Diet: 30x6 meals scheduled, none missed
    4 cheat days scheduled, one used.
    Posting: All updates on time. Saturday´s post done on sundays for scheduled technical reasons.

COMMENTS:

After three challenges in a row, this morning´s weigh in (tanita scale) showed that April has been my worst challenge as per body fat loss. However.....
    I´ve lost another cm in my waist and couldn´t understand what was going on until I took today´s progress pictures after the weigh in.
    The conclusion is: Don´t trust BF readings and trust the mirror instead.
    I forgot to mention that this month I´ve been more consistent than ever with my diet/exercise plan, and I think it shows in the pictures.

The upper picture is from 04/02/2008 and the lower is from this morning 04/30/2008. Although nothing impressive, there is still some improvement. (Definitely not fatter)

Attached Files:

#11 chapman, Mar 18, 2008
  12. Muskles

Muskles Active Member

Goal - 215+ as my fifth set on bench Currently 185, been there years ago.

Workout Schedule -

Mon Wed Fri - Leg day, squats, extensions, curls and abs
    Tues Thurs Sat- Arm day, bench press, curls, butterflies
    Sunday - rest

Monday is heavy day for legs
    Thursday is heavy day for arms

Meals - One cheat meal a week, no empty calories

Suppliments - Amino acid (whey) before and after, multivitamin, b complex and 100mg 5-HTP daily.

Starting Stats -
    Ill post starting stats on APR 1

13. Becca81

Becca81 Active Member

GOAL: Slim down to a sizzlin' size 6. (Started at size 10 in January, currently at size 8. :D)

COMMENT: My New Year's resolution was to get in shape, GOOD shape, and I've been making tremendous strides using Weight Watchers and daily circuit training.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    60 minutes, 5 days a week: Circuit training using 10 lb free weights, integrated with 5 minute cardio bursts to keep my heart rate up.

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Five meals per day, one cheat meal per week.
    (Weight Watchers: 22 points on rest days, 27 points on workout days)

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: --- pounds
    BODY FAT: --.-%
    ARMS: --.-"
    CALVES: --.-"
    CHEST: --.-"
    FOREARMS: --.-"
    HIPS: --.-"
    THIGHS: --.-"
    WAIST: --.-"

END STATS
    WEIGHT: --- pounds
    BODY FAT: --.-%
    ARMS: --.-"
    CALVES: --.-"
    CHEST: --.-"
    FOREARMS: --.-"
    HIPS: --.-"
    THIGHS: --.-"
    WAIST: --.-"

DAILY LOG (Each entry will be completed the day after, or at the end of the same day after all meals/workouts are completed.)

APR 1:
    -x points [xxx points]

14. jediMaster

jediMaster Active Member

GOAL: Lose 10 lbs, achieve a score of 95 or above

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    (following BFL style weight lifting plan)
    Monday -- REST day
    Tuesday -- Cardio
    Wednesday -- Weight-Lifting
    Thursday -- Cardio
    Friday -- Weight-Lifting
    Saturday -- Cardio
    Sunday -- Weight-Lifting

MEAL SCHEDULE
    5-6 meals per day, one cheat meal per week, one day of partial fasting (religious reasons).
    (1700 - 2000 calorie daily goal)

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 224 pounds
    BODY FAT: 29.5%

CHEST: 43.5", FOREARMS: 12.5", ARMS: 15", NECK: 16.5"
    BELLY: 42", WAIST: 38", HIPS: 40", THIGHS: 23", CALVES: 18"

BENCH PRESS: 6@145 lbs
    SEATED ROW: 6@110 lbs
    SQUAT: 6@235 lbs
    STANDING CALF RAISES: 6@285 lbs
    * Weight values taken from heavy point of BFL workout plan, not true max

END STATS
    WEIGHT: 217 pounds
    BODY FAT: 27.5%

CHEST: 43", FOREARMS: 12.5", ARMS: 15", NECK: 16.0"
    BELLY: 39", WAIST: 37", HIPS: 39.5", THIGHS: 23.25", CALVES: 17.75"

BENCH PRESS: 3@185 lbs
    SEATED ROW: 6@160 lbs
    SQUAT: 6@xxx lbs
    STANDING CALF RAISES: 6@xxx lbs
    * Weight values taken from heavy point of BFL workout plan, not true max

==============================================================================

DAILY LOG (Each entry will be completed the day after, or at the end of the same day after all meals/workouts are completed.)
    --------------------------------------<FAT/CARBS/PROTEIN>---------------------------------------
    APR 1: : 224.0 lbs, 29.5% BF, 1778 cal., <22/43/37>, 30 minutes HARD cardio; -0 points [100 points]
    APR 2: : 222.0 lbs, 29.5% BF, 2180 cal., <22/46/32>, weights-upper-body; -1 point for excessive calories [99 points]
    APR 3: : 221.5 lbs, 29.5% BF, 1858 cal., <24/37/38>, 20 minutes cardio; -0 points [99 points]
    APR 4: : 221.5 lbs, 29.5% BF, 1938 cal., <27/43/31>, weights-lower-body; -0 points [99 points]
    APR 5: : 222.0 lbs, 29.5% BF, 2374 cal., <28/41/35>, 50 minutes LISS cardio; CHEAT DAY -0 points [99 points]
    APR 6: : 222.5 lbs, 29.5% BF, 1944 cal., <31/27/43>, Worked in yard and on basement -0 points [99 points]
    APR 7: : 225.0 lbs, 29.0% BF, 1910 cal., <25/70/21>, weights-upper-body; -0 points [99 points]
    APR 8: : 222.0 lbs, 29.5% BF, 2194 cal., <25/52/26>, 50 minutes HARD cardio; -1 point for calories [98 points]
    APR 9: : 221.5 lbs, 29.5% BF, 1792 cal., <28/47/27>, weights-lower-body; -0 points [98 points]
    APR 10: 221.5 lbs, 29.5% BF, 1767 cal., <35/40/26>, -1 point for missing cardio [97 points]
    APR 11: 221.0 lbs, 29.0% BF, 1771 cal., <30/41/31>, weights-upper-body; -0 points [97 points]
    APR 12: 220.5 lbs, 29.0% BF, 1810 cal., <35/42/26>, -1 point for missing cardio [96 points]
    APR 13: 220.0 lbs, 29.0% BF, 2244 cal., <36/43/22>, weights-lower, 30 min. cardio, CHEAT DAY, -0 points [96 points]
    APR 14: 220.0 lbs, 29.0% BF, 2090 cal., <28/61/13>, REST DAY, -0 points [96 points]
    APR 15: 221.5 lbs, 29.0% BF, 2290 cal., <23/56/23>, 2 hrs MTBing, -0 points [96 points]
    APR 16: 220.0 lbs, 29.0% BF, 1781 cal., <24/43/35>, weights-upper-body; -0 points [96 points]
    APR 17: 220.0 lbs, 29.0% BF, 1861 cal., <25/46/32>, MISSED CARDIO; -1 point [95 points]
    APR 18: 220.0 lbs, 28.5% BF, 1733 cal., <24/30/46>, weights-lower-body; -1 point LATE entry [94 points]
    APR 19:
    219.5 lbs, 28.5% BF, unknown calories, 20 min. HIIT CARDIO; -1 point unclean eating [93 points]
    APR 20:
    UNKNOWN WEIGHT, unknown calories, weights-upper-body; CHEAT DAY; -0 points [93 points]
    APR 21: 221.5 lbs, 29.0% BF, 200 cal., <5/33/66>, REST and FAST DAY; -0 points [93 points]
    APR 22: 219.5 lbs, 29.0% BF, 2622 cal., <28/57/17>, 1.5 hrs MTBing; -1 point unclean eating [92 points]
    APR 23: 218.0 lbs, 29.0% BF, 1857 cal., <23/32/42>, weights-lower-body; -0 points [92 points]
    APR 24: 219.0 lbs, 28.5% BF, 1834 cal., <22/35/41>, -1 point for missed cardio [91 points]
    APR 25: 218.0 lbs, 28.5% BF, 1822 cal., <16/34/27>, weights-upper-body; 20 min cardio; -0 points [91 points]
    APR 26: 218.5 lbs, 28.5% BF, unknown calories, played golf but skipped cardio; -2 points food & cardio [89 points]
    APR 27: 219.5 lbs, 28.5% BF, 2216 cal., ate poorly, skipped weights; -2 points [87 points]
    APR 28: 219.5 lbs, 28.5% BF, 950 cal.; REST and FAST day; -0 points [87 points]
    APR 29: 217.5 lbs, 29.0% BF, 2585 cal., 2 hours MTBing; -0 points [87 points]
    APR 30: 217.5 lbs, 29.0% BF, unknown calories, weights-lower-body; -1 point undisciplined food [86 points]
    May 1:
    217.0 lbs, 27.5% BF

Final Score: 86 points

Summary Analysis: I lost 7 pounds for the month, 6 pounds of fat, and 1 lb of lean mass (probably water). Not bad, not bad at all, but will have to try harder in May. Looking at my log it appears that food was my major weakness. I was trying to eat at a 3 lb per week weight loss rate which kept me around 1700-1800 calories. I felt like this was enough food to satisfy me, but it didn't leave me any flexibility, one little mistake and I was over. Despite this sever calorie restriction, I never succeeded in loosing more than 2 lbs a week and frequently I felt like I didn't have enough energy to do my cardio. So for May, I'm going to raise my calories up to a 2 lb a week loss rate (2200 - 2300), and then try to increase my cardio. Hopefully that will work better at keeping me from loosing points while still loosing weight.

#14 jediMaster, Mar 20, 2008
  15. cpr

cpr Well-Known Member

I am in.:tucool:

COMMENT: I want to reduce my body fat to 12%.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: weight training; cardio
    Tuesday: weight training; cardio
    Wednesday: cardio only
    Thursday: weight training; cardio
    Friday: weight training; cardio
    Saturday: run, bike or swim
    Sunday: rest

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Eat every 2-3 hours

STARTING STATS (SUNDAYS ARE MY WEIGH AND MEASURE DAYS - MARCH 30)
    WEIGHT: 139.5 pounds
    BODY FAT: 15.13%
    NECK: 12.75
    SHOULDERS: 40.75
    CHEST: 35.50
    WAIST: 28.50
    ABDOMEN: 29.25
    HIPS: 38
    RT THIGH: 23.5
    RT CALF: 15

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    NECK:
    SHOULDERS:
    CHEST:
    WAIST:
    ABDOMEN:
    HIPS:
    RT THIGH:
    RT CALF:

DAILY LOG
    April 1: sick:rolleyes: didn't eat much, no workout, no post -3...97 total pts
    April 2: Doc diagnosed strep throat:cry: no workout, not eating to plan -2...95 total points
    April 3: still sick, no workout, food was spot on, no post -2...93 points
    April 4: still sick, no workout -1...92 pts
    April 5: still laying low after sickness, good on food, no post..-2...90 points
    April 6: food on track, official rest day, weigh-in at 135!
    April 7
    April 8
    April 9
    April 10
    April 11
    April 12
    April 13
    April 14
    April 15
    April 16
    April 17
    April 18
    April 19
    April 20
    April 21
    April 22
    April 23
    April 24
    April 25
    April 26
    April 27
    April 28
    April 29
    April 30

#15 cpr, Mar 20, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  16. Rabid

Rabid Active Member

Workout:

Monday: Back/Biceps
    Tuesday: Chest/Tricep
    Wednesday: AM LISS Cardio / PM HIIT cardio
    Thursday: Quads/Hams/Calves
    Friday: Delts/Traps
    Saturday LISS Cardio
    Sunday HITT Cardio

Meals:

1,800-2,200 calories per day with no less than 50% of calories coming from protein. Will alternate between low carb day (90g) and medium carb day (160g).

April 1- Workout and meals as scheduled. (-1 for no update)
    April 2- Workout and meals as scheduled. (-1 for no update)
    April 3- Workout and meals as scheduled. (-1 for no update)
    April 4- Workout and meals as scheduled.
    April 5- Workout and meals as scheduled.
    April 6- Workout as scheduled. Weekly cheat meal.
    (97 points remaining)

#16 Rabid, Mar 21, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  17. slamsarn

slamsarn Active Member

Goal:
    Lose some fat for 4-8 weeks, then start a slow bulk.

Food:
    5-6 meals per day. One free day per weekend (usually just a cheat meal though).

Workout schedule:
    Monday: Weight training
    Tuesday: Cardio
    Wednesday: Weight training
    Thursday: Cardio
    Friday: Weight training
    Saturday: Cardio
    Sunday: Rest

Comment:
    The weight training will be full body workouts using free weights. Cardio will be done on a stationary bike, 20 min HIIT or 45 min LISS.

Daily log:

Apr 1: Ate clean and did 20 mins of HIIT.
    -0 points [100 points]

Apr 2: Lifted and ate all meals as planned.
    -0 points [100 points]

Apr 3: Another day done; kept all meals healthy and got 20 mins of HIIT in.
    -0 points [100 points]

Apr 4: Lifted and ate clean, except for a couple of beers that I didn't even enjoy.
    -1 point [99 points]

Apr 9: Hmm, I messed this up, pigged out for a few days because of various bullshit (yea...). I have no idea how many points I have lost, so I will assume that I have N points left, where 0 < N < 99. I will try to be as strict as possible for the rest of the month, but at the moment I'm not willing to give up having some beers etc during the weekends.
    -(99-N) points [N points]

Apr 10: Worked out, ate clean.
    -0 points [N points]

#17 slamsarn, Mar 24, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  18. nightflame

nightflame Active Member

COMMENT: I am currently skinny fat and want to reduce my weight from 159lb (73kg) to 148lb (68kg)
    After quitting my job at the end of November and having some time off
    before the next one I have let things slide and went from skinny fit to
    skinny fat. This challenge is just what I need to put some consistency
    back into my fitness program.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Weights
    Tuesday: Abs
    Wednesday: Cardio
    Thursday: Weights
    Friday: Rest
    Saturday: Light Cardio
    Sunday: Cardio

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Good wholesome meals as prepared by my girlfriend :-)
    No cheat meals or snacks.
    No beer or wine during the week. Moderation on Fri and Sat.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 159 pounds
    WAIST: 34.5"

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG

APR 1: Did my ab workout - hope there are some abs under that flab at the end of this. Ate heathily and no red wine. And walked to and from work 2.5 miles. Cabbage soup for dinner!
    -0 points [100 points]

APR 2: Missed the run tonight. On the plus side I walked to work and home for lunch. 5 miles in total but not intense enough to be counted as cardio :-(
    -1 points [99 points]

APR 3: Walked 2.5 miles. Good solid weights workout. Slow controlled form - hopefully stay injury free for this month. 4 days without a drink. First time in about 5 months.
    -0 points [99 points]

APR 4: Rest day - kinda feel guilty not doing anything. But walked 5 miles.
    -0 points [99 points]

APR 5: Did some light Cardio.
    -0 points [99 points]

APR 6: Woke up this morning to go for a run and there was 3 inches of snow. Thats UK Spring for you! Thats the last 2 runs I have missed. This is not good.
    Stop Press: Snow thawed by the afternoon and I got a 36min run in. Back on track.
    -0 points [99 points]

APR 7: Home late. Workout not as focused as it could have been, but made the sets and reps. Also walked 5 miles.
    -0 points [99 points]

APR 8: Unscheduled rest day. Walked 5 miles. Burnt 10 calories on Call of Duty 4.
    -1 points [98 points]

APR 9: Walked 2.5 miles. Cardio on track. Ran for 36 mins.
    -0 points [98 points]

APR 10: Walked 2.5 miles. Solid weights workout.
    -0 points [98 points]

APR 11: Rest day. And feel like I need it! Walked 2.5 miles.
    -0 points [98 points]

APR 12: Hiked for 2.5hours across the Oxford country side.
    -0 points [98 points]

APR 13: 40min run.
    -0 points [98 points]

APR 14: Walked 5 miles. Completed weights workout.
    -0 points [98 points]

APR 15: Walked 2.5 miles. Missed Abs workout and shared a bottle of wine with the girlfriend.
    Not a great way to mark the halfway point in the challenge.
    -2 points [96 points]

APR 16: Walked 5 miles. Ran 41mins.
    -0 points [98 points]

APR 17: Walked 5 miles. Skipped Weights. Drank half a bottle of wine. No no no no. Tomorrow's rest day will be cancelled.
    -2 points [96 points]

APR 18: Rest day cancelled! Walked 2.5 miles. Hit the weights hard. Weight now 71.2kg. Will need to increase the intensity to meet my target. Shame I cannot add a point back for exercising on a rest day :-)
    -0 points [96 points]

APR 19: Walked 2 hours along the Thames.
    -0 points [96 points]

APR 20: 42min run.
    -0 points [96 points]

APR 21: Rubbish day yesterday. Missed weights.
    -1 points [95 points]

APR 22: Walked 5 miles. Hit the weights hard.
    -0 points [95 points]

APR 23: Walked 2.5 miles. Ran 45mins.
    -0 points [95 points]

APR 24: Walked 5 miles. Body still feeling the aches of weights earlier in the week so had a rest day.
    -1 points [94 points]

APR 25: Walked 5 miles. Good weights session. Was supposed to be a rest day - but had that yesterday. Damn this points system.
    -0 points [94 points]

APR 26: Did nothing today.
    -1 points [93 points]

APR 27: This morning was 70Kg dead. Important to break this 70kg barrier. Ran 45mins
    -0 points [93 points]

APR 28: Good weights session. Reps slowly increasing.
    -0 points [93 points]

APR 29: Walked 2.5 miles. But no abs workout.
    -1 points [92 points]

APR 30: Walked 5 miles. Ran 40 mins in pouring rain.
    -0 points [92 points]

SUMMARY
    My weight was 69.7kg this morning so whilst I did not achieve my goal I did make a milestone of under 70kg. So I lost 3kg in a month which is not fantastic. Early losses were slow because I was getting back into fitness so the early weight sessions were light and runs only around 30 mins. I saw most of the improvements in the last two weeks.

Even though my eating is 100% healthy my biggest failing is drinking at the weekend. Its almost like 2 steps forward during the week but 1 or even 2 steps back at the weekend undoing all the hard work. Because drinking at the weekends was an ok part of my challenge no points were deducted for this. In reality I reckon I should have deducted 2 points for every weekend.

I found the challenge useful, but a bit inflexible. Due to the weather and work schedules I sometimes had to move sessions around. But now I am under 70kg I am that much closer to my goal and will keep going. After I have lost the rest of the fat I will try to build some muscle which my body finds really hard to do.

#18 nightflame, Mar 25, 2008
  19. dyslexicgod

dyslexicgod Active Member

GOAL:
    Long term - To look at myself in the mirror and be happy.
    For this challenge - To finish with a score of 90 or better.
    To hit 215 lbs (thats ~2lbs a week)

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Treadmill, 40 mins (PM); Weight training: Upper body (PM);
    Tuesday: Treadmill, 10-15 mins HIIT (PM)
    Wednesday: Treadmill, 40 mins (PM); Weight training: Lower body (PM)
    Thursday: Treadmill, 10-15 mins HIIT (PM)
    Friday: Treadmill, 40 mins (PM); Weight training: Upper body (PM)
    Saturday Treadmill, 10-15 HIIT mins (PM)
    Sunday: Treadmill, 40 mins (PM; Weight training: Lower body (PM)

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, one cheat meal per week. (1700-2000 cals per day)

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 223.2 pounds (03/29) I take my weekly weights Saturday AM. I step on the scale daily, but only record on Saturdays.

END STATS
    WEIGHT:

DAILY LOG
    04/01
    - 100 pts. Off to a good start. Yesterday was an exhausting day. I started walking with some co-workers (1.6miles ~ 30minutes) during lunch. I started playing Tennis on Monday's as well. Add in my evening cardio and upper body workout and I was kicked in the butt. Here is looking toward another good day. PM update - Ate all 6 meals, did my HIIT, as well as took the walk at work. 100pts :)

04/02 - 100 pts. Rough day at work today. I wanted to eat everything in sight. All of those bad things the co-workers bring in to tempt me with. I didn't. I ate all 6 meals and did my cardio and workout. My ankle is stiff, so I kept things light. I did everything and I am looking forward to saying hello to my pillow right now. 100pts

04/03 - 100pts. I think my sodium levels have been a little high as of late because I feel all kinds of bloated. I really paid attention to my sodium today and hopefully that will help me feel better. My ankle is still stiff, but I still got in both the 1/2 walk during lunch and my HIIT this evening. Ate all 6 meals. I have also discovered Better'n peanut butter. 100 calories for 2TBS. Threw that in the blender with some Chocolate Almond Breeze and ice for a nice little smoothie to close the night off. Still rolling here! 100pts

04/04 - 100pts. Today was a good day.. I didnt even have to use my AK. Wait... I live in the burbs... ignore that part. On the fitness side, I kept the sodium levels down again. I am happy with the way the JC plan helped me lose the first 70lbs, but now all of that sodium just makes me feel bloated. Well... 6 meals down, a solid upper body workout, and a nice double dose of cardio. 100pts.

04/05 - 100pts. Good day today. Weighed in this morning and lost 2.2 pounds (221 currently). Nice solid loss for the last week. I took my wife out for a "cheat" lunch (mmmm.... sushi). Not a bad cheat meal and I even made sure to keep it light. I ate my meals and I am off to hit the treadmill right now. Tomorrow I am off for a bike ride with a friend. First time in 15 years.... wish me luck. 100pts.

04/06 - 100pts. <sigh> So sleepy... but must update challenge. I believe my rear is numb right now after my ride this morning. It was only 7 miles, but for the first time I have been on a bike that wasn't bolted to the ground in 15 year, I'll take it. had a blast. Came home to sweep up the blooms that drop of the tree in the front yard. Of course 4 hours later the tree had re dropped just as many blooms. So I swept those and trimmed the ivy that was starting to attack small animals in the neighborhood. Got in my cardio and a light lower body workout. My legs are kaput, but thats a good thing. Of to bed now.... 100pts

04/07 - 100pts. Good day yesterday. My tennis game has gotten slightly better. I have gone from being really bad to just being bad. After 5 weeks, I'll take it. All in all thought yesterday was a good day. I got in a little over 3 hours hours of activity between walking at work tennis, treadmill, and my upper body workout. I ate all of my meals. On that note I purchased a food scale yesterday so I can really track how much I am eating much more accurately. I keep my log online and I think this will help me be even more precise. 100pts.

04/08 - 100pts. Posting before bed. Today was a good day. I got in my cardio and meals. I felt a little bloated and I am beginning to wonder if I might have problems with lactose. Gonna cut dairy for the next week and see if that makes a difference. 100pts

04/09 - 100pts. Today seemed like a long day. Nothing bad really happened, it just seemed to drag on. On the good side, I had a good lower body workout and I bumped my PM cardio up a notch. 100pts.

04/10 - 100pts. I ate all of my meals today. I decided to take the night off from the cardio. I went bowling with my wife and some friends tonight. We got home late and my body asked me kindly to let it have a night off.... I guess I'll listen to it. Everything else was good. 99pts.

04/11 - 99pts. I ate all of my meals yesterday and did my PM workout. I did not do my cardio. It was running late and I was already tired. Slep running is just not a good thing.. I tried it once and never again. On a good note, I am picking up a weight bench and weights I found on craigslist for a good price. Once I ahve it built and my garage reclaimed from the kid (car parts all over the place) I will be switching my workout plan. I am gonna still do the same days, same body parts. I will just no longer be on the bowflex (woot!). 98pts.

04/12 - 98pts. Well, I missed my cardio again. I was so busy picking up my bench, cleaning the garage to make room for it, reassembling it, and showing my wife how it works that I totally lost track of time. Next thing I knew it was midnight. Sigh... but the gym is up and I can start using it tonight!! Weigh in yesterday was 219.8, so I lost 1.2 lbs last week. Actually, I think it was more (scale had me down another lb this morning, but thats the official measurement. Off to play some tennis this AM. 97pts.

04/13 - 97pts. - Today was a great day. I started the morning with a nice game of tennis. It started as doubles, but one of the players pulled his Achilles tendon, so played single against my wife and our friend. We all still suck, but I was running all over the place! Followed that up with a nice leisurely trip to the driving range. I got back on plan with cardio and used my weight bench for my lower body workout. The free weights totally smoke the bow flex. Here is to a my first upper body workout tonight! 97pts.

04/14 - 97pts. Went to Betelnut for dinner tonight (planned cheat meal). Yum. Been a while since I was there and I forgot how much I like their food. It was a work function, so that helped me be good. I got home a little late, so I had to choose between cardio and lifting. I went with lifting, since I just got the new bench. I switched my plan a little. Still doing 4 days, but I am doing 2 -3 muscle groups per workout, instead of upper and lower. I can definetly feel the difference in my chest and trices today. 96pts.

04/15 - 96pts. Yesterday was another good day. My chest and triceps were a little sore from Monday. I ate my food and got back on the treadmill for my cardio. Here's looking at another good day. 96pts.

04/16 - 96pts. Half way through the challenge and things are still going strong. As long as I stay with it, staying above 90 should be no problem. I ate all of my meals, did my workout and got my cardio in. 96pts.

04/17 - 96pts. Tough day. I missed my cardio in the evening as well as had a glass of wine that I shouldnt have had. I am sure this is gonna come back to bite me on Saturday, but all i can do is get back up and keep on going. 94pts.

04/18 - 94pts. Another bad day. We had some friends over for dinner and then went to the movies. While I didnt eat of plan, I did have some wine. I didnt plan for that, so I am counting it as a cheat meal. By the time we got home, I was exhausted and missed my cardio and weights. I am going to move my weights to tonight so I dont miss them completely, but it still counts against me. 91pts.

04/19 - 91pts. Long slow day yesterday. I got back on track with food, but missed my cardio. My workout went good and afterwards I was tired and didnt want to get on the treadmill. 90pts.

04/20 - 90pts

04/24 - 81 pts. Well.. I missed 3 days worth of updates. Thats 3 points right there. My meals werent great and my exercise was slacking as well. I am charging myself full points for all of those days. Stupid decisions deserve a tough punishment. Been back on track today, so hopefully I will be able to finish the month out .

#19 dyslexicgod, Mar 25, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  20. Andrew M

Andrew M Well-Known Member

-marker-

Goals..
    Better shape generally. I've lost nearly 10kg since my peak weight last year, so continue that progress.

Diet.
    No specifics, but a decent deficit daily.
    My wife and I are off alcohol this month, and I'm off all sweets/crisps/biscuits etc.

Exercise.
    At least 3 sessions weekly.
    Mostly on the ERG, but I'm hoping to get to the gym more regularly.
    No points off if x3 sessions, 2 points off if 1 missed, 4 off if 2 missed, 7 off if 3 missed.

Startpoint 126.4 kg as of this morning [1/4/8].
    My low this year was 124.7 kg, so I'm aiming to be at least 1-2 kg lower than this at the end of the month.

Current points 87.

1. On-call. No snacks. Calorie deficit. No exercise. Points 100.
    2. 127.0 kg. Allegedly off today [in work 11 hours]. No snacks, no exercise, calories neutral. Points 100.
    3. Busy day in work; I got doused in blood! No snacks, 30 mins on the erg, calories BIG deficit. Points 100.
    4. 125.0 kg. No snacks, no exercise, calories neutral. Points 100.
    5. On-call. 124.8 kg. No snacks, no exercise, calories neutral. Points 100.
    6. On-call. 125.0 kg. No snacks, 30 mins on the erg, calories neutral. Points 100.
    7. 124.5 kg, uncharted territory this year. No snacks, 1k-2k-2k on erg, calories neutral. Points 100.

8 123.2 kg! No snacks, no exercise- the rest was nice, calories neutral. Points 100.
    9 123.9 kg, more believable. No snacks, no exercise, calories neutral. Points 100.
    10 No snacks, no exercise, calories neutral. Had a late night, sick children, so poor sleep. Points 100.
    11 No snacks, no exercise, calories neutral. Points 100.
    12 124.1 kg. No snacks, 4 hours gardening so LISS++, dinner out with friends, so surplus calories. Points 99.
    13 123.3 kg?? No snacks, no exercise [was knackered and went to bed early], calories neutral. Points 99.
    14 123.7 kg. No snacks, no exercise, again really tired so early night, calories neutral. Points 95.

15 No snacks, no exercise, calories neutral. Points 95.
    16 124.2 kg. No snacks, no exercise, calories neutral, bed early, tomorrow's a big operating day. Points 95.
    17 123.9 kg. No snacks, no exercise, calories deficit. Theatre went well today! Points 95.
    18 124.8?? I eat less, my weight goes up. No snacks, no exercise, calories decent deficit. Points 95.
    19 123.0 kg. No snacks, gardening [pressing stones above head height, not fun], calories neutral despite dinner out, some alcohol. Points 94.
    20 123.3 kg. No snacks, no exercise, calories neutral. Points 94.
    21 Update missed. 123.0 kg. No snacks, no exercise, calories neutral. Points 93.

22 Update missed. 122.7 kg. No snacks, no exercise, calories neutral. Points 88.
    23 122.8 kg. No snacks, no exercise, calories neutral. Points 88.
    24 122.8 kg. No snacks, no exercise, calories neutral. Points 88.
    25 122.5 kg. No snacks, no exercise, calories neutral. Points 88.
    26 On-call. 122.3 kg. No snacks, no exercise, calories neutral. Points 88.
    27 No snacks, no exercise, calories surplus. Points 87.
    28 123.8 kg. HAD to eat more yesterday, 4 weeks hungry is hard. No snacks, no exercise, calories neutral. Points 87.

29 122.6 kg. No update, points for no exercise applied. Points 79.
    30 Last day. No exercise, no snacks, calories neutral. Points 79.

Synopsis:-

Most of my points lost were due to not exercising. There simply hasn't been time. Work is busy, we have 2 young children, my wife hasn't been well and has ben getting over [badly] the recent death of her father, and I've a load of research deadlines piling up. This means that my progress is due to willpower over my appetite, something I'm not usually good at.
    79 points is by far my best 100 challenge [2 DNF, 24, 39, 42 and 58].
    Weight lost: 1st day to last, 3.8 kg. Max to Min, 4.7 kg.

Overall, I'm happy with my progress, and when life calms a little, I'll get more exercise done, and my progress will accelerate.

#20 Andrew M, Mar 26, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.