1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

John Stone's April 2007 "100 Challenge" (Completed)

Discussion in '"100 Challenges"' started by John Stone, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE CHALLENGE HAS BEGUN. NO MORE ENTRIES ALLOWED FOR THIS MONTH'S CHALLENGE!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions belong in this thread.

This premise of this challenge is pretty simple: Each participant starts the month with 100 points. A point is deducted each time a workout is missed, a meal is missed, an unscheduled "cheat" meal or snack is consumed or a daily update to your official challenge post is missed. The goal, of course, is to finish the month with 100 points!

Here are the rules:

1) The challenge begins on April 1, 2007. You must have your starting post up by 7:00 AM (EST) on April 1, 2007.
    2) It doesn't matter if you are cutting, bulking or maintaining. The common goal here is 100% consistency.
    3) Each person participating in the challenge should start a post in this thread by the cut-off time. Your Official Challenge post must be updated each and every day. The updates won't take long (examples below). If you miss an update, you must deduct a point. Please note that you should edit your existing Official Challenge post--don't start a new post every day.
    4) Miss a workout for any reason, deduct a point.
    5) Miss a meal for any reason, deduct a point.
    6) Eat an unscheduled "cheat" meal or snack, deduct a point.

Feel free to post before/after pictures if you like (optional).

Of course this challenge is based on the honor system. You can cheat, but that would be pointless.

Here's an example Official Challenge post (feel free to copy and paste, substituting your own information):

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sample Official "100 Challenge" post

GOAL: Cutting

COMMENT: I want to reduce my body fat to 8%.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: chest & triceps (PM)
    Tuesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
    Wednesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: back & biceps (PM)
    Thursday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
    Friday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: delts & traps (PM)
    Saturday Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: legs (PM)
    Sunday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, one cheat meal per week.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 200 pounds
    BODY FAT: 9.8%
    ARMS: 16.75"
    CALVES: 16.5"
    CHEST: 42.75"
    FOREARMS: 13.5"
    HIPS: 38.75"
    THIGHS: 24"
    WAIST: 32.5"

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG (Note: Each entry should be completed the day after, or at the end of the same day after all meals/workouts are completed. Please be sure to keep a running total of your points, as shown below.)

APR 1: I did my cardio and ate all meals as scheduled.
    -0 points [100 points]

APR 2: My car broke down and I missed my back workout. I walked to Burger King for dinner and had an unscheduled cheat meal.
    -2 points [98 points]

APR 3: I missed my cardio today, but ate all meals as scheduled.
    -1 point [97 points]

APR 4:

APR 5: I missed yesterday's update, but I did my delts and traps workout yesterday, and ate all meals as scheduled (including my scheduled cheat meal). Today I did my cardio, ate all meals as scheduled and did my leg workout.
    -1 point [96 POINTS]

You get the idea.....

2. gazareth

gazareth Senior Member
    Bronze Member

gazareth's April "100 Challenge" post

GOAL: Cutting - I'll be following my SGX program until the last day of April.

COMMENT: I want to continue to make progress with fat loss, strength gains and fitness. Visible abs at rest would be nice :D
    I got 100 points in March so the bar is set at a high level for April. I can repeat March's success if I just apply the same self-discipline and commitment :tu:

WORKOUT SCHEDULE (SGX)
    Monday: 45 mins cardio AM, Chest/biceps PM
    Tuesday: 45 mins cardio AM, Legs/shoulders PM
    Wednesday: 45 mins cardio AM, Legs/shoulders PM (if not done on Tuesday), football PM (optional)
    Thursday: 45 mins cardio AM, Outdoor rugby training PM (optional)
    Friday: 45 mins cardio AM, Back/triceps PM
    Saturday EITHER 45 mins cardio AM OR rugby match PM
    Sunday: 45 mins cardio AM

MEAL SCHEDULE
    6 meals a day as per SGX programme - one cheat day per week (Saturday; Easter weekend it'll be the Sunday so I can enjoy the family roast :D ).

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 172lbs (on 31/3/07)

END STATS
    WEIGHT: 172lbs

DAILY LOG

Sunday 1st April: I started April as I finished March - spot on in every way. I woke up around 10, did my cardio, then ate my meals at the appropriate times and with the right macros. I look and feel great. With this and my potential flat purchase, I feel like things are falling into place for my life. Now I just need a woman :blank: -0 points 100 points

Monday 2nd April: I am about to have meal 6 - tuna and pasta :D SwoleCat told me I shouldn't have pasta more than once a week, and I haven't had it in about a month so I figure it's time to break it out and enjoy it for my second PWO meal :) I usually update right before I go to bed but who knows when I'll be able to get back on the site today, what with all the Digg users? I did my cardio, ate 5 clean meals (about to have #6, natch) and had a good chest&biceps session. Going to have to do legs&shoulders tomorrow sans personal trainer - a new challenge, and I'm relishing it! -0 points 100 points

Tuesday 3rd April: Textbook training day - cardio, 6 clean meals and legs & shoulders session. Dunno what else to say about the day really... -0 points 100 points

Wednesday 4th April: Today is the 1 year anniversary of my transformation. Toot! I'm starting to get addicted to weights - I was kinda gutted that today isn't a training day when I woke up. Anyway, I did my cardio as always (1 session missed since SGX start - 50 odd days now, I think that's quite good going!) and ate 6 good meals. -0 points 100 points

Thursday 5th April: Pretty standard day really. I did my cardio (it was tough as I still have DOMS from Tuesday's deeeeeeep squats), ate 6 clean meals (mmm oatmeal and Nitrean for meal 5 :D ) and even went for a run tonight. Did 5.5km in just over 30 mins - I have a 10km on the 21st May so I'm trying to get in shape for it! -0 points 100 points

Friday 6th April: DAY OFF! Woo! Did my cardio a bit later than usual as I slept in for an extra hour or two :D Had 6 clean meals - I was able to be creative and fit my macros around the family BBQ in the evening too :) - and had a good back/tris session. CHEAT DAY MANANA!! -0 points 100 points

Saturday 7th April: No rugby today so I did my cardio. It's a cheat day so I can't lose points for anything I eat, mwahahaha. Therefore, I'm doing my update now :D Still, I'll eat reasonably sensibly as I don't like how I feel when I eat junk :) I just ate breakfast; a bacon sandwich, a banana, a toasted hot cross bun and a scoop of Nitrean with milk. It was great :tucool: -0 points 100 points

Sunday 8th April: First points off for me since late February. As discussed in this thread and in my journal, I decided to have a cheat meal today - family Easter lunch - so that's -1. Then later in the day I broke down and had some chocolate. I'm slightly annoyed about that, but to be honest it doesn't bother me. The key thing is to be back on the strict-train tomorrow! I couldn't do LISS cardio fasted this morning as the gym was shut for Easter, but I found a good compromise - I went to cricket training. That lasted 90 minutes, and afterwards I went for a light jog around the fields for 20 mins. That makes up for the lack of "formal" cardio on this one-off occasion I feel. If you disagree - fuck you ;) -2 points 98 points

Monday 9th April: Day off (bank holiday). Did cardio & weights as scheduled. Ate 3 clean meals... and then the wheels came off. I got invited to a BBQ so I moseyed on over expecting there to be chicken and stuff that I could eat and still hit my macros... there was but there was also burgers, cakes and stuff. I could have resisted but I didn't want to. Then my mate called and asked me if I wanted to go to the pub as a mutual friend was in town for the first time in a while and was only here for a few days. I didn't have to have a beer while I was there but I did - thankfully I didn't have more than one. So a minor wobble for me here - I will repeat something that stood me in good stead in February: I WILL NOT LOSE ANOTHER POINT THIS MONTH. There. -2 points 96 points

Tuesday 10th April: Normal service has been resumed. 6 clean meals, cardio & and a great legs/shoulders session. See journal for more info :) -0 points 96 points

Wednesday 11th April: I was glad of a day off weights today. I did my cardio this morning, ate 6 clean meals (mmm steak) and played football tonight. I ran my arse off and every single inch of my legs is aching right now. I see it as a good sign of progress that my legs are going before my lungs! -0 points 96 points

Thursday 12th April: Cardio, 6 good meals and rugby training. Rugby was good - I feel very fit, fast and strong at the moment. I'm in the team for the last match of the season on Saturday. I can't wait! -0 points 96 points

Friday 13th April: Today was a good day. I did my cardio, ate 6 clean meals and had a good back/triceps session. Deadlifts make me feel alive like nothing else. I don't love doing them as much as squats - I get a great rush from those! I went to a gig tonight (on my own, I got turned down :cry: ) and then went to meet my friends in the pub. I drove so I wouldn't feel tempted to cheat, and it worked! I had fun without spending a penny on transport (except petrol) or drinks (my friends paid for my diet pepsis, heh). Hurrah! -0 points 96 points

Saturday 14th April: Rugby was cancelled at 1pm (3pm kick off). Rubbish, I was really looking forward to it. Cheat day so can't mark down for food (good job, hate to think how much sugar I've had today!) -0 points 96 points

Sunday 15th April: I'm losing points in 2s this month it seems. I didn't do cardio today - no excuses, I just wanted to sleep in :D I ate 4 clean meals and then gorged on cookies and white bread. Carb-craving-o-rama. 6th meal about to be had, will be clean. -2 points 94 points

Monday 16th April: Cardio, 6 clean meals and chest/biceps. Unfortunately I binged on sweet stuff between meals 5 & 6! -1 point 93 points (I edited this on 18th, dunno why but I seemed to forget about deducting this point :confused: )

Tuesday 17th April: 6 clean meals (mmm steak and sweet potato for PWO meal 2 :D ), cardio and legs session. I have hurt my shoulder so I couldn't do the shoulder section of my workout :( I should be OK to do back and possibly triceps on Friday, I'll have to play it by ear. I'm more concerned about cricket match on Saturday (first game of the season) and the "friendly" rugby match on Sunday; an inter-club game between the Over 30s and Under 30s! -0 points 93 points

Wednesday 18th April: 5 clean meals, cardio and a game of football. Spoiled by some stupid cheating at meal 5; see journal for details :rolleyes: -1 point 92 points

Thursday 19th April: 2 cheat meals this evening - I went to London for a gig. This was more about poor planning than poor will power. Bum. -2 points 90 points

Friday 20th April: It feels good to be back on track today after a couple of bad days this week. I had a good back & tris workout, did my cardio and ate 6 clean meals. I'm going to moderate my cheat day tomorrow a bit more than I usually do to compensate for my indiscretions in the past few days :o -0 points 90 points

Saturday 21st April: Cheat day; didn't feel like I deserved it this week :o I need to have a good 9 days to end this month on a high note before I re evaluate where I'm going next. I want to do a slow bulk at some point, but I wouldn't mind getting just a bit leaner first... we'll see. -0 points 90 points

Sunday 22nd April: More cheats. Bleh. -2 points 88 points

Monday 23rd April: A good day; cardio, 6 meals and weights. Super. -0 points 88 points

Tuesday 24th April: Same as yesterday. I feel back in the groove. Let's hope it lasts :) -0 points 88 points

Wednesday 25th April: Good day again; 6 clean meals, cardio and football tonight. I am having my cheat day tomorrow as we're having a work social evening out; I'll do my normal meals for the first 4 meals so I can relax and enjoy myself in the evening. I'm going to strive to make healthy food choices and not go mental with sugars tho. -0 points 88 points

Thursday 26th April: I did my cardio this morning, and I'm about to go out for dinner and enjoy my week's cheat meal. I've actually eaten on plan all day, except for having milk rather than water in my 2nd Nitrean shake this afternoon :p I'm going to choose something healthy in the restaurant, only eat until I'm full (rather than just eat everything on the plate!) and won't have a starter/side. I may have a chocolate bar afterwards. I will also have one alcoholic beverage. A moderate cheat evening for the week :) Anyway I can't lose any points for nutrition from here, so... -0 points 88 points

Friday 27th April: Cardio, 6 clean meals and a great weights workout. -0 points 88 points

Saturday 28th April: No cardio today as I was playing cricket. We lost :( It was a challenge in terms of scheduling my meals, and I had to be content with Nitrean and PB while everyone else was eating their sandwiches and cakes in the tea interval, but I managed fine. I also ate my other meals without problems/cheats etc. -0 points 88 points

Sunday 29th April: The ultimate lazy Sunday. Cardio done and all meals OK. -0 points 88 points

Monday 30th April: Perfection once again. Cardio, 6 good meals and the first workout of my new routine. It was a good day and I had an awesome PWO meal of brown rice, prawns, peppers, onions and broccoli in a little soy sauce. It's 9.30 and I've finished my meal prep for tomorrow now, which is nice! I need to remember to get some chicken breast out of the freezer tonight. -0 points 88 points

FINAL SCORE: 88 points

I'll update the end weight tomorrow, but I'd be surprised if it's even 1 pound lower than the start weight due to all the food cheating that went on. I think I missed 2 workouts this month (both cardio), so it's obvious that when I have troubles it's more to do with the nutrition side of things :whistle: The first 7 days and the last 8 were perfect, so that's half a month's worth right there... shame about the middle 15 days :lol:
    Anyway I feel like I'm back in my groove and I'm ready to go "balls to the wall" for May. My goal is to be in a position to finish cutting by the end of the month. If I'm not... well so be it, but at least I'll know that I've given it everything. Hasta Mayo...

#2 gazareth, Mar 24, 2007
    Last edited: May 1, 2007
  3. specialk

specialk Well-Known Member

COMMENT: I plan to start my official cut this month and I want to loose approximately 7% BF before June. I am doing Chad Waterbury's Summer Project

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Full Body Weight training (PM)
    Tuesday: HIIT (cardio) (PM)
    Wednesday: Full Body Weight training (PM)
    Thursday: HIIT (cardio) (PM)
    Friday: Full Body Weight training (PM)
    Saturday: HIIT (cardio) (PM)
    Sunday: Rest

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, one cheat meal per week (Friday or Saturday night).

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 198.4 pounds
    BODY FAT: 16.4%
    ARMS: 15"
    CALVES: 15"
    CHEST: 43"
    THIGHS: 25"
    STOMACH: 38"

END STATS
    WEIGHT: 192.6 pounds
    BODY FAT: 15.3%
    ARMS: 15"
    CHEST: 42"
    THIGHS: 24.5"
    STOMACH: 36.5"

DAILY LOG

April 1: Falling head over heals 100 points
    April 2: Where to begin 100 points
    April 3: You be the jury 100 points
    April 4: Another solid workout 100 points
    April 5: Almost blew off cardio 100 points
    April 6: Almost forgot to post 100 points
    April 7: Trouble with take out :drool: 99 points
    April 8: Believe it or not 99 points
    April 9: Couldn't get to sleep at all last night 99 points
    April 10: Just blow it off 99 points
    April 11: He got his "Mojo" back 99 points
    April 12: The Six Million Dollar Man 99 points
    April 13: I can't believe how time flies 99 points
    April 14: More self restraint :doh: 98 points
    April 15: No chance to sit down and relax 98 points
    April 16: I feel tight all over 98 points
    April 17: Sprints knocked the wind out of me 98 points
    April 18: I really hope the sun shines 98 points
    April 19: Everything was going right :mad: 97 points
    April 20: I did extremely well 97 points
    April 21: I forgot to post :doh: 96 points
    April 22: I didn't cave in 96 points
    April 23: Jumping jacks torched my calfs 96 points
    April 24: Ready for a change 96 Points
    April 25: I almost cried on the spot 96 Points
    April 26: It's hard not to work out 96 points
    April 27: The party finally ended :cry: 94 Points
    April 28: This uplanned break has me down :( 93 points
    April 29: I woke up feeling better :nod: 92 points
    April 30: A little good... ;) A little Bad... :eek: 90 points

#3 specialk, Mar 24, 2007
  4. Theory

Theory Active Member

My first challenge as JST. I'm in!

COMMENT: Body fat reduction.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Weight Training Triceps, Chest and Shoulders (AM), Elliptical 20 Min HIIT (PM)
    Tuesday: Weight Training Biceps, Back, Forearms (AM), Elliptical 20 Min HIIT (PM)
    Wednesday: Weight Training, Abs, Elliptical 20 Min HIIT (PM)
    Thursday: Weight Training, Legs, Elliptical 20 Min HIIT (PM)
    Friday: Elliptical 20 Min HIIT (AM)
    Saturday: Rest
    Sunday: Repeat starting from Monday

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, one cheat meal per week. Moderate alcohol intake one night a week.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 165 pounds
    ARMS: 12.5"
    CHEST: 37"
    FOREARMS: 11.5"
    HIPS: 38"
    THIGHS: 22"
    WAIST: 32.25"

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG

APR 1: All workouts completed and correct meals eaten [100]
    APR 2: All workouts completed. Cheatmeal scheduled for this evening and moderate alcohol consumption today. Opening Day! [100]
    APR 3: All workouts completed and correct meals eaten. [100]
    APR 4: All workouts completed. Great ab routine today... gonna be sore tomorrow for sure. All meals good!. [100]
    APR 5: Being sore after yesterdays ab routine was no joke... phew. Just finished my leg workout and I'll probably be hurting from that tomorrow as well. I thought about skipping my leg workout today as I have a rather large bruise on my right knee thats hindering some of the joint flexibility. I started in to my first leg exercise and realized it would not bother me too much so I went ahead and finished it out. Will be able to keep on schedule that way too. Anyways, got a LOT of real life stuff done yesterday and this morning, so today should be a good stress reliever and an easy day to get my meals in properly. --- Night edit --- well so much for that. Massively extended meeting this afternoon/evening killed my ability to get all my meals in... there goes my perfect score [99]
    APR 6:All workouts completed and correct meals eaten [99]
    APR 7: All workouts completed and kicked ass - correct meals eaten - early to bed on a Saturday.. imagine that. [99]
    APR 8: Well... all workouts completed even with a little extra cardio than usual.. but then my family relentless badgered me because I created my own menu for Easter instead of eating the same junk they were eating. They wouldn't leave it alone until I had this ridiculously tiny sliver of cheesecake no more than a half inch wide at the widest. I still ate it.. so I'm still deducting a point. Weak. [98]
    APR 9: By far my meanest, most brutal ab workout to date but man the pump afterwards was killllller. All meals eaten as scheduled with some new recipes utilized today. Nothing like a little variety. [98]
    APR 10: All workouts completed and good meals eaten. [98]
    APR 11: Woke up a little late today but it shouldnt effect my schedule adversely... will update later. Managed to get everything in. [98]
    APR 12: I ate wonderfully and got my workouts in but happy hour turned into a late night and considering how much booze was had.. I'd feel guilty if I didn't take a point away. So I am. [97]
    APR 13: Missed update :( [96]
    APR 14: Missed update :( [95]
    APR 15: Everything completed [95]
    APR 16: Great workout, all meals [95]
    APR 17: Best chest workout in a long time..really felt tight today. All meals [95]

#4 Theory, Mar 24, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  5. carddante

carddante Well-Known Member

Carddante's Challenge

Goal: Lose 10 lbs of fat and 3% body fat, gain muscle mass. I would also like to add 1/2 inch to my arms and lose at least 1 inch from my waist.

Comment: I did great last month! Then the end of the month hit and I got super busy with school and the last few days killed me. That carried over into the first day of April but I'm back on the horse again.

Workout Schedule:
    Monday: 60 minutes lower body
    Tuesday: 60 minutes upper body
    Wednesday: 20 min HIIT
    Thursday: 20 min HIIT
    Friday: 60 minutes lower body
    Saturday: 60 minutes upper body
    Sunday: 20 min HIIT

Starting Stats:
    Weight: 208 lbs
    BF%: 17.4%
    Neck:
    Shoulders:
    Chest:
    Waist:
    Hips:
    Biceps:
    Forearms:
    Quads:
    Calves:

April 1: Missed my update. -1 [99 pts]
    April 2: Decent day. -0 [99 pts]
    April 3: I think the best part of getting in line fitness wise is that I rarely have to think about how I am eating any more. I just do it right as a sort of second nature. Another decent day but work and school are really kicking my ass right now. I'm only getting about 5 hours of sleep a night and I know it's effecting my workouts. It should last about a week and a half more and then I will be back on a decent schedule again. Heres holding out hope. -0 [99 pts]
    April 4: Unplanned meal. Ugh. -1 [98 pts]
    April 5: This month has not started out as well as last month. It's not that I'm off the wagon. It's just that all of my other stuff is all hitting at the same time and I can't seem to juggle everything without dropping the exercise ball. Yesterday I only got 4 hours of sleep because I was working on everything else. I'm really hoping to take the weekend to recharge and get back on the right foot on Monday. -1 [97 pts]
    April 6: It was a good day. -0 [97 pts]
    April 7: Missed update. CRAP! That's the first one that I've missed! -2 [95 pts]
    April 8: Missed update. CRAP! That's the second one that I've missed! -2 [93 pts]
    April 9: Missed update. -2 [91 pts]
    April 10: Yesterday was the first day that I can call a good day in a long time. I'm running low on all of my supplies right now (protein bars, almonds, fresh fruit, etc) but I still managed to keep myself going according to plan. And I'm updating for the first time in half a week. Four more days and I'll be back to a normal schedule (read: sleeping more than 4 hours a night). -0 [91 pts]
    April 11: Great day yesterday! The first performance of the show I've been working on (and the reason for all of my stress over the last two weeks) went great! In celebration I went out and had a beer with the cast afterwards. Hey, it was the first beer I've had since January. I was okay with it. :) -1 [90 pts]
    April 12: Another good day. Finally got a decent amount of sleep Wed night and Thursday night. Still, I'm exhausted and I know that until I get back to my normal sleep schedule, I'm going to feel this way. I can't wait for this weekend to be over and next week to start so I can get back to my normal life. -0 [90 pts]
    April 13: No update -1 [89 pts]
    April 14: No update -1 [88 pts]
    April 15: Finally, it's all over. I've been kind of cryptic in this journal for the last two weeks, losing a LOT of points and not really giving an explanation other than "I'm really busy." Allow me to enlighten those of you who care. Two weeks ago I gave one of my final presentations as a graduate student. It was the culmination of more than 4 months of extensive research, long hours of writing, painstaking editing and finally, the presentation. It was great to be finished. But instead of taking some time off, like a smart person would, I jumped right into helping with something else.

The fraternity I was a member of as an undergrad, Sigma Phi Epsilon, was participating in the school's annual Spirit Week and were in desperate need of help. Since I graduated in 2003, someone forgot to pass on the lessons of how to put together a decent show for this spirit week, at Wichita State called Hippodrome. As my fiance was one the director from the sorority they teamed with, Delta Gamma, I couldn't stand by and watch them fall on their faces. So for the last two weeks I have been doing the following: 6 am- get up, go to work; 6 pm- come home, class or work out; 8 pm- help out with Hippodrome either by building sets, helping them direct the show or a million other things that needed to be done to put the show on by last week. This would typically go until 2 am when I would finally get home to get around 4 hours of sleep until 6 am rolled around and I would head off to work again. Needless to say, after two solid weeks of doing this I was exhausted.

Like I said in my April 11 update, the Wed performance went great. Saturday's performance was even better, in my opinion and while I am not happy with the results of the judging (we took third), I know that those kids put on the best show they could have put on. They thanked me so many times for my help because without my help, they likely would not have done as well as they did. So I am happy with how it turned out, even if I don't like the results. More than that, though, I am happy because over the last two weeks (and even the last 4 months) I have had the opportunity to bond and make friendships with a whole new generation of my fraternity that I probably would have never been close to otherwise. They have become very close to me (trial by fire will do that!) and I know that I set an example for them for the future, that when it is their turn to lead, they will know what to do. For that alone, I am glad that I put in countless hours and lost more sleep than I care to admit for this show.

Anyways, this morning I was back on track. My measurements went great- down 2 more lbs and a half a body fat %, so thought I was not as dedicated as I would have liked over the past two weeks, I know that the minor things I did do to keep on track worked. And I've got an appointment with the weights this afternoon for a grueling upper body workout. I'm looking forward to it. -0 [88 pts]
    April 16: Ah, it feels great to be focused again. -0 [88 pts]
    April 17: Another good day, albeit I had a bit of a cheat moment when I snacked on some ice cream. Not much, but enough to warrant a -1. [87 pts]
    April 18: Works a killer but at least my nutrition is staying on track. I can't wait until after graduation (3 weeks and counting) so I have time to get more than 6 hours of sleep a night. -0 [87 pts]
    April 19: Dammit. I missed my update on an otherwise good day. -1 [86 pts]
    April 20: A good day but I ended up having an unscheduled cheat meal. -1 [85 pts]
    April 21: Well crap. I got so busy doing stuff around the house yesterday that I forgot to post. -1 [84 pts]
    April 22: Sunday was a good day. I got a crapload done around the house and didn't find myself wanting to cheat at all. -0 [84 pts]
    April 23: An otherwise great day all the way til the end. But then after one of my MBA classes had our final (3 hours of grueling test-taking) we all decided to go out for a beer in celebration. It was worth it. :D -1 [83 pts]
    April 24: Oh man, my workout last night was so exhausting that I felt like I was going to throw up at the end of it. I had to rest on the stairs for five minutes after I was done because I couldn't get up the stairs! Great day. -0 [83 pts]
    April 25:

Ending Stats:
    Weight: lbs
    BF%: %
    Neck:
    Shoulders:
    Chest:
    Waist:
    Hips:
    Biceps:
    Forearms:
    Quads:
    Calves:

#5 carddante, Mar 24, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  6. Mirvio

Mirvio Well-Known Member

COMMENT: In this month I want to cut hard and drop around 14lbs

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Elliptical, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
    Tuesday: Elliptical, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: Chest & Abs (PM)
    Wednesday: Elliptical, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
    Thursday: Elliptical, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)Weight training: legs (PM)
    Friday: Elliptical, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
    Saturday Rower, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: back & traps(PM)
    Sunday: Rower, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM) ; Weight training: shoulders & arms (PM)

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 273 pounds
    BODY FAT: C.20%
    ARMS: 16.5"
    CALVES: 16.5"
    CHEST: 48"
    FOREARMS: 13.5"
    HIPS: 46."
    THIGHS: 28"
    WAIST: 43"

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG

APR 1: I did my cardio, hit all my meals and had an awesome arm workout. [100 points]

APR 2: I did my cardio and got an early night. [100 points]

APR 3: Hit my cardio and burned out my chest workout. I must consider working my obliques less as they are the culprit of my waist measurement increasing. [100 points]

APR 4: Did my cardio and bowled a Personal Best in the evening. [100 points]

APR 5: Did my cardio. Work night out this evening. I'm going to opt for one diet soda and then get myself off to the gym. [100 points]

APR 6: Good Friday meaning late cardio. I adjusted the rest of my meals accordingly and took in a 7 mile hill walk. [100 points]

APR 7: Cardio done, must check football schedule to time workout.:lol: +general naughtiness last night. Claiming this as a cheat meal. [100 points]

APR 8: Cardio done, time to relax and avoid easter eggs. Duly done. Owing to Bank Holiday, moved workout to today when gym is open :nope: [100 points]

APR 9: Nothing unusual to report [100 points]

APR 10: Skipped cardio, feel dreadful. Will beback at it tomorrow but will overindulge on pasta post workout tonight as it usually helps me back on track. [99 points]

APR 11: I've been fighting this cold for a few days, getting extra sleep in, but it's not working. Skipped cardio again in lieu of an extra hour in bed. [98 points]

APR 12: As yesterday :spank: [97 points]

APR 13: Felt bad, so did some cardio, it was lacklustre, but it was there. [97 points]

APR 14: Missed update yesterday [96 points]

APR 15: Most definately the day for a cheat meal. Fired up the BBQ and ate a lot of meat. :eat: [96 points]

Not At All Well:
    APR 16: missed cardio, missed update [94 points]

APR 17: ditto [92 points]

APR 18: ditto [90 points]

APR 19: All good (though I feel like crap) [90 points]

APR 27: Well, what a disgrace. :mad: I've been horridly ill, so have skipped the gym. I've eaten well though, so the damage is limited. Better still, I'm just heading off to the gym for my cardio :claphigh: -14 points. [76 points]

APR 28: It's funny really. You get into the cycle of missing a workout, then another etc. And you feel bad. So you do less. It's a horrid downward spiral, and the longer it goes on, the harder it is to counter it. I banged out my cardio. Had I done nothing for the rest of the day, I would've been content. I'm just gutted that this is my lowest 100 challenge total and represents more wasted time reaching my goal. But it's done now, I can't change the past, just learn from it and change the future. [76 points]

APR 29: Great day. 100% [76 points]

#6 Mirvio, Mar 24, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  7. AndreasOlausson

AndreasOlausson Active Member

GOAL: Loose some bodyfat, run 10km in 43 min

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Day 1: Rest
    Day 2: Cardio
    Day 3: Weight training (Full body)
    Day 4: Cardio
    ...start over...loop this thing...

MEAL SCHEDULE

Just eat quality and healthy food
    One cheatmeal per week
    Drink a lot of water

About -400 calories per day

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 65kg
    BODY FAT: 11-13%?
    ARMS: 31cm
    CALVES: 37cm
    CHEST: 93cm
    FOREARMS: 25.5cm
    HIPS: 90cm
    THIGHS: 54cm
    WAIST: 80cm

END STATS
    WEIGHT: 64kg
    BODY FAT: 10-12%?
    ARMS: 31
    CALVES: 37
    CHEST: 92.5
    FOREARMS: 25.5
    HIPS: 89
    THIGHS:54
    WAIST: 78

DAILY LOG:
    April 1: Food ok, Restday, But I helped my mom to move so I was carrying her belongings all day... What a nice cardio ;)
    - 0 pts [100 pts]
    April 2: Food ok, Low intensive cardio for about 2 hours.
    - 0 pts [100 pts]
    April 3: Food ok, Weighttraining done. I missed the update day one and two so I reduct two points here... Good start here I'm an idiot...
    - 2 pts [98 pts]
    April 4: Food ok, as allways ;) Cardio done
    -0pts [98 pts]

April 5: Food ok, Rest day today
    -0 pts [98 pts]
    April 6: Food ok, Cardio done
    -0 pts [98 pts]
    April 7: Weightlifting done! Food will be ok, Cheatmeal today... If I fail I'll deduct a point tomorrow. Im going away for easten dinner and I don´t have access to internet there, so I make my update right now.
    Happy easter!
    -0 pts: [98 pts]
    April 8: I'm back, I did my cardio and I have eaten my food.
    -0 pts [98 pts]

April 9: Restday! Food ok, I have a little problem with the water on restdays but I try... Today I have drinked about 1.5 l water and that's ok...
    -0 pts [98 pts]
    April 10: Cardio, First time outside this year. A little bit too cold so I will do my cardio indoors for a couple weeks more... Food ok!
    -0 pts [98 pts]
    April 11: Weightlifting, I didn't had any strength today but I managed to do it... Food is fine
    -0 pts [98 pts]
    April 12: Cardio Powerwalking for about an hour and a half, Food ok
    -0 pts [98 pts]

April 13: Restday! Food ok a little bit to few calories today aprox -700 from my daily needs...but It's cheatday tomorrow so...
    -0 pts [98 pts]
    April 14: Missed my cardio today, food ok
    -1 pts [97 pts]
    April 15: Did my weights, food ok...
    -0 pts [97 pts]
    April 16: Cardioday, I hade 177 in avg. heart rate 45 min of. Foods ok, but I havn't eaten my last meal yet I will...
    -0 pts [97 pts]

April 17: Restday, however I felt guilty for my missed cardio the 14:th so I did it today... well no +points... food ok as allways ;)
    -0 pts [97 pts]
    April 18: Cardio! Running outdoors again but today it was freezing... food ok
    -0 pts [97 pts]
    April 19: Missed my weigthlifting today, this is not good at all :( food ok...
    -1 pts [96 pts]
    April 20: Cardio, I took a long powerwalk, food ok
    -0 pts [96 pts]

April 21: Restday, food ok ( I missed this update)
    -1 pts [95]
    April 22: Cardio, Powerwalking. food ok
    -0 pts [95 pts]
    April 23: Weightlifting today, but I replaced it with cardio, new record 10km in 46 min! :), food ok
    -0 pts [95 pts]
    April 24: Cardio, Powerwalking, food ok
    -0 pts [95 pts]

April 25: Restday, However I did cardio and I made a new record again 10km in less than 44 min :D, food ok.
    -0 pts [95 pts]
    April 26: Cardio, I did some lifting aswell... Food ok
    -0 pts [95 pts]
    April 27: Weightlifting and food ok...
    -0 pts [95 pts]
    April 28: Missed my cardio today.. I havee repainted the house all day... food ok..
    -1 pts [94 pts]

April 29: Restday! food ok
    -0 pts [94 pts]
    April 30: Cardio: Just finished a 13km long run it took about an hour. Food ok, I have my cheatday today :D mmm red meet and a glas of wine...
    -0 pts [94 pts]

SUMMARY:

Im not totally satisfied with my results, I failed my goal 10km in 43 min (PB 10km 43.48) but it's quite ok... I have't dropped any weight (1kg) but that is good I'd like to weight about 70kg but I will accomplish that in this autumn i think.
    I can hardly see my abs, I'v got a 4-pack right now so I belive that my abs will be visible quite well in june. May will be a "cut from hell" ;)
    3 pts for this period was "missed the update" so in reallity I have a total of 96 pts an that is not bad at all.
    Well thats it for now, Take care!

#7 AndreasOlausson, Mar 24, 2007
  8. Roibus

Roibus Active Member

GOAL: Cutting fat (first priority) but also retain or if possible increase lean mass. At the end of this challenge I have lost at least 2 kg's of bodyfat, and kept or increased my lean mass.

COMMENT: That corresponds to 18,2 %bf in the end of the challenge.

Special rules for me:
    * Reach my goal for the month: +5 points
    * Not reach my goal for the month: -5 points
    * I'm traveling quite a bit, so I won't deduct for not reporting if I announced that in advance.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Weight training (whole body) + 20 minutes on the bike, Walk 30 minutes+
    Tuesday: Walk 30 minutes+
    Wednesday: Walk 30 minutes+
    Thursday: Weight training (whole body) + 20 minutes on the bike, Walk 30 minutes+
    Friday: Walk 30 minutes+
    Saturday: Weight training (whole body) + 20 minutes on the boke, Walk 60 minutes+
    Sunday: Walk 90 minutes+

MEAL SCHEDULE

6 meals per day - good food and quantities - following Berardis principles (post-workout drink on weight training days in addition to the other meals).
    Supplements: Omega-3, milk protein blend, whey protein, maltrodextrin.
    90% adherence - that's 4 meals per week non-conforming. Each meal beyond that = deducted points. If I'm really going overboard on one or several of those meals, I'll also deduct a point.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 156,9 pounds
    BODY FAT: 20,5%
    ARMS: 11,4"
    CALVES: 14,2"
    CHEST: 38"
    SHOULDERS: 44,8"
    FOREARMS: 10,8"
    HIPS: 36,8"
    THIGHS: 21,9"
    ABDOMEN: 35,1"

END STATS
    WEIGHT: 157.3 (+0.4 lbs)
    BODY FAT: 19.5 (-1%)
    ARMS: 11.4" (+0")
    CALVES: 14.3" (+0.1")
    CHEST: 38.1" (+0.1")
    SHOULDERS: 45,1" (+0.3")
    FOREARMS: 11" (+0.2")
    HIPS: 36.8" (+0")
    THIGHS: 22.3" (+0.4")
    ABDOMEN: 34.7" (-0.4") - fattest part of the belly, navel level
    WAIST: 31.5" (-) - narrowest part of the belly

DAILY LOG:
    April 1: First day was ok - good eating and 90 minutes of walking. Well, actually still only 30, but I'm on my way out for the remaining 60 minutes in a moment.
    - 0 points [100 remaining]
    April 2: Perfect eating, weight training but cycling instead of walking. That's ok anyway.
    - 0 points [100 remaining]
    April 3: Not so perfect eating - I missed a meal because I was stuck in a meeting. Otherwise, only good stuff and I got my 60 minutes of walking.
    -1 points [99 remaining]
    April 4: Nutrition-wise, a very good day. I also walked some 60 minutes as well as biking another 20 minutes. The "training" quote for the day is thus more than filled too. Ok - now I will go traveling and won't be back until Monday. I'm unfortunately expecting the negative points to accumulate during the weekend since I don't have access to a gym there.
    - 0 points [99 remaining]
    April 5: First traveling day. Quite ok eating according to the circumstances. I also did my walking. What I can't neglect though is that I missed a session in the gym!
    -1 points [98 remaining]
    April 6: Second traveling day. Once again, good eating - did my walking too (actually about twice as much).
    -0 points [98 remaining]
    April 7: Third traveling day. Still ok eating - had an Easter family dinner followed by some sweet stuff in the evening, that I count as my remaining 10%-meals for the week. Also took my walk for the day. However, another gym opportunity lost.
    -1 points [97 remaining]
    April 8: Fourth traveling day. Went overboard on the lunch - visited the McD place, and I'm not able to stay away from fries. Also another big family dinner in the afternoon (as usual when we go down south to visit my wifes family there are quite a few of those). Incomplete meal in the afternoon. No excuses and three points gone. I did my walking.
    -3 points [94 remaining]
    April 9: Fifth and last traveling day. Came home very late last night. Eating was decent according to circumstances, but I only have 1 remaining 10%-meal for the new week - had two incomplete meals without much protein and one skipped meal. No weight training, but I'll do that session on tuesday instead to make up for it. I'll still deduct a point because I didn't take my daily walk. Well, now I'm home (for a short while at least) and back into business again. Anyway - this trip clearly shows one of my big problems - how to handle food and training in a good way while I'm traveling.
    -1 points [93 remaining]
    April 10: Perfect day - all 6 meals in order, did my walking, did my weight training and the biking afterwards. I'm back home and that shows.
    - 0 points [93 remaining]
    April 11: Another good day - had all of my meals and they were good ones too. Even though it's unscheduled I visited the gym for some chest, shoulder and triceps training followed by 20 minutes of biking (did a few tough intervals). This should make up for my next Saturday training - going to miss that one since I'm going on the road again tomorrow. I also walked something like 75 minutes and biked at least 40 minutes. A rather active day. Well, my next update will be on Monday, if I don't find internet access where I'm going..
    - 0 points [93 remaining]
    April 12: First traveling day. Quite ok - no missed meals, did my walking too, and the weight training the day before.
    -0 points [93 remaining]
    April 13: Second traveling day. Still ok. Good eating all the way and took my walk.
    -0 points [93 remaining]
    April 14: Third traveling day. Not as good anymore. -2 points for "non-conforming meals". Lifting was not possible either, so another deducted point.
    -3 points [90 remaining]
    April 15: Last traveling day. A lousy on the road fast food meal (had a nice 600 km drive back too!) - that's a deducted point for sure. No walking either.
    -2 points [88 remaining]
    April 16: Home again, which shows - perfect eating. Had to choose between lifting and updating the page - easy choice, but still a deducted point for not updating in time. My points have been dropping rapidly again.. I doubt that I will reach my target due to the travels, but perhaps a perfect remaining 13 days will fix that.
    -1 point [87 remaining]
    April 17: Very good eating today as well - did some 90 minutes of walking to and from the train which felt very good.
    -0 points [87 remaining]
    April 18: Nutrition according to plan, and walked in total 60 minutes.
    -0 points [87 remaining]
    April 19: Very good eating, 30 minutes of walking, 20 minutes of biking, but alas, no lifting (-1 point). I promised my son to watch a hockey game together with him on TV, and after that it was too late. I don't regret the decision, and I'll lift tomorrow instead.
    -1 point [86 remaining]
    April 20: 6 of the 7 meals were very good - the last meal was one of my "10%-meals" (thus, no points deduced), where I chose to have some homebaked white bread to a spinach soup - not much of a cheat, but very very tasty. Lifted today instead of yesterday, had my 30 minute walk, and in addition something like 40 minutes of "transport" biking.
    -0 points [86 remaining]
    April 21: Crap day training wise, missed both my lifting and the walking. Gonna make up for it today, but still -2 points. Struggling a bit with my schedule right now. Had my remaining 10% meals as well.. otherwise good eating.
    -2 points [84 remaining]
    April 22: Very good day - lifted today instead, and did what I was supposed to in terms of eating and walking.
    -0 points [84 remaining]
    April 23: Another active day. 30 minutes of walking, 40 minutes of biking, weights and on top of that some excercise biking in the gym as well. Perfect eating.
    -0 points [84 remaining]
    April 24: Very good day, not much to say about it, except that I'm hungry!.
    - 0 points [84 remaining]
    April 25: Ugh! Forgot to update. -1 point. Otherwise a good day.
    -1 points [83 remaining]
    April 26: Job traveling, which meant that I had one lousy meal (the third of my four allowed meals).. was quite good otherwise since I brought a big protein drink and fruit as food in the car. No training today, but I've planned it for friday, so no deducted points this time for the lifting. I'll remove one for skipping my walk though.
    -1 points [82 remaining]
    April 27: No lifting (-1 point) - was too busy with other things. Otherwise a good day.
    -1 points [81 remaining]
    April 28: Lifting today! Yes! I love it. No walking.. pure laziness on my part so that's a definite -1 point again (have done more than I planned other days in the week though). Foodwise, well, ok, but my last 10% meal for the week is gone. I'm not going to meet my target..
    -1 points [80 remaining]
    April 29: Good day. Re-charging a bit on the food with more carbs since I dropped weight a little too fast, so I feel full of energy at the moment and completely satisfied for once. Heading out for my walk now.
    -0 points [80 remaining]
    April 30: Ok last final day - eating quite well, and did my walking. Time for the final report for the month. I have improved, but not terribly much. Over the month I have gained 0.9 kg (1.9 lbs) of lean mass, which is very good. I have also lost fat, -0.7 kg (-1.5 lbs). It's a move in the right direction, but a bit too slow. My body fat in the end of the month is 19.5%, which means that I didn't meet my target of 18.3% (didn't even come halfway). So.. -5 points for not meeting my target, and an end result of 75 points for this month! (in all honesty, I'm happy with these results).
    -5 points [75 remaining]

[75 points]

#8 Roibus, Mar 24, 2007
  9. BSSMU

BSSMU Active Member

This will be my first one of these, I'm looking forward to it.

Goal: Cutting while maintaining strength

STARTING STATS:
    Weight: 188 lbs,
    Body Fat %: Guessing I am somewhere from 12% to 17% body fat.

ENDING STATS:

MEAL SCHEDULE: 5 meals a day, one cheat meal a week. Up to 2 alcoholic beverages 2 nights a week.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE:
    Monday: 35 mins LISS cardio (eliptical)
    Tuesday: Weight Training: Back
    Wednesday: 40 mins cardio class (calisthenics) or 35 mins LISS (eliptical)
    Thursday: Weight Training: Chest & Biceps
    Friday: 35 mins LISS cardio (eliptical)
    Saturday: Weight Training: Legs
    Sunday: Weight Training: Shoulders & Triceps

DAILY LOG:
    April 1: Ate all meals and did my shoulders and triceps workout. Had one cheat meal
    - 0 points [100 points]
    April 2: Ate all meals and did 35 mins of cardio.
    - 0 points [100 points]
    April 3: Ate all meals and did back weight training. Went for a 25 min walk in the evening
    - 0 points [100 points]
    April 4: Ate all meals and did cardio class + abs.
    -0 points [100 points]
    April 5: Did chest + biceps workound and ate all meals
    -0 points [100 points]
    April 6: Did 40 mins of eliptical, was traveling today, so only ate 4 meals.
    -1 point [99 points]
    April 7: Ate all meals, missed legs workout because I was out of town
    -1 point [98 points]
    April 8: Ate all meals, missed shoulder + tri worout because gym was closed
    -1 point [97 points]
    April 9: Ate all meals, substituted shoulder + tri workout for cardio
    -0 points [97 points]
    April 10: Ate all meals and did Back workout in the evening
    -0 points [97 points]
    April 11: Ate all meals and did boot camp class
    -0 points [97 points]
    April 12: Ate all meals and did chest & triceps workout (deciding to do chest & triceps together now, will move biceps to shoulder day)
    -0 points [97 points]
    April 13: Ate all meals, but missed cardio - forgot to bring clothes to change into to work. Drank 4 beers
    -3 points [94 points]
    April 14: Ate all meals and did legs workout
    -0 points [94 points]
    April 15: Ate all meals and did shoulder workout - moving biceps to back day instead. Had 1 cheat meal.
    -0 points [94 points]
    April 16: Ate all meals and did 40 mins of cardio
    -0 points [94 points]
    April 17: Ate all meals and did Back + Biceps workout
    -0 points [94 points]
    April 18: Ate all meals and went to boot camp class
    -0 points [94 points]
    April 19: Ate all meals, had one cheat meal (was provided at work). Did chest + tricep workout
    -1 point [93 points]
    April 20: Ate all meals and did 40 mins of LISS cardio
    -0 points [93 poins]
    April 21: Ate all meals and did legs workout.
    -0 points [92 points]
    April 22: Missed 1 meal - was feeling a bit sick and got up late today. Did shoulders workout
    -1 point [92 points]
    April 23: Ate all meals and did 40 min of cardio
    -0 points [92 points]
    April 24: Ate all meals and did back workout
    -0 points [92 points]
    April 25: Ate all meals and did 35 mins of cardio
    -0 points [92 points]
    April 26: Ate all meals and did Chest + tricep workout
    -0 points [92 points]
    April 27: Ate all meals, but didn't get time to do any cardio. Had a cheat meal. Also had 3 beers in the evening.
    -2 points [90 points]
    April 28: Ate all meals and did legs workout
    -0 points [90 points]
    April 29: Ate all meals and did shoulders + abs workout.
    -0 points [90 points]

#9 BSSMU, Mar 25, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2007
  10. Jokr

Jokr Well-Known Member

GOAL: Weight loss/muscle build

COMMENT: I want to lose body fat while gaining muscle

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Weight Training Triceps, Chest and Shoulders, 30-45 minutes biking on street or trainer
    Tuesday: Weight Training Biceps, Back, Forearms, 30-45 minutes biking on street or trainer
    Wednesday: Weight Training Legs, Abs, Jog 1 hour
    Thursday: , 30-45 minutes biking on street or trainer or Jog/run 1 hour
    Friday: 30-45 minutes biking on street or trainer
    Saturday: Football, Basketball or baseball game
    Sunday: Jog 1 hour or 1 hour biking

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Five meals per day, one cheat meal per week, one night moderate drinking.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 250 pounds
    Everything is waiting for me to get what i need to measure.
    BODY FAT: tbd
    ARMS: tbd
    CALVES: tbd
    CHEST: tbd
    FOREARMS: tbd
    HIPS: tbd
    THIGHS: tbd
    WAIST: tbd

END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

APR 1: I did my cardio plus got a lot more exercise as the fat guy on the trampoline I ate all meals as scheduled.
    -0 points [100 points]
    APR 2: Forgot to update at the end of the night. Had a nice good hard workout.
    -1 point [99 points]

#10 Jokr, Mar 25, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  11. floky

floky Active Member

Floky's official 100 Challange Post - April 2007

====Goals====
    Fat loss - 8. month of transformation
    NO ALCOHOL

====Comments====

====Diet====
    5 meals per day, no cheat meals, lot of water.

Breakfast (7:30 AM): Tea and diet buiscuit or protein shake
    Morning snack (10:30 AM): Fruits
    Lunch (1:30 PM): Normal lunch
    Afternoon snack (5 PM): Sallad or Fruits
    Dinner (8 PM): Protein shake or family dinner

====Workout====
    Monday: Weight training - legs & shoulders, Streching (30min)
    Tuesday: Streching (30min), LISS cardio (45min running)
    Wednesday: Weight training - abs & back, Streching (30min)
    Thursday: Streching (30min), LISS cardio (45min running)
    Friday: Weight training - arms & chest, Streching (30min)
    Saturday: Streching (30min), HIIT cardio (20-30min stationary bike or stepper)
    Sunday: Rest - no training

================
    STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    CHEST:
    HIPS:
    WAIST:

====Daily reports====

Start: 100 points

[Week 1]
    01.Apr.2007: [100 points]
    Sunday=rest day.
    02.Apr.2007: [100 points]
    Great start of this months challenge. Finally I made one good weight training. Ate clean all day long. Had good sleep. Feeling good.
    03.Apr.2007: [99 points]
    Missed morning snack (pissed off because of that). Had good training and excelent meals. Feeling good.
    04.Apr.2007: [98 points]
    Missed training, clean meals.
    05.Apr.2007: [98 points]
    Clean meals, good training. My Easter holidays started today, so I'll substitute weight trainings with cardio trainings while I'm out of the town (until next Wednesday). In next period I will have a lot of business trips so it will be difficult to keep my meals clean, but I'll do my best.
    06.Apr.2007: [98 points]
    Excelent training (6km running by the sea). Clean meals.
    07.Apr.2007: [98 points]
    Another clean day with good training (but not so good like yesterday because of some strange pain in my left leg).
    08.Apr.2007 - 15.Apr.2007: [87 points]
    In this period I had some difficulties in Internet access because I was out of the town. I also had serious problems with cardio training since my leg started to hurt me very seriously. My food was preety much clean and I was doing regular updates in my notebook. I lost 11 more points mainly because of the trainings as I was unable to run but I missed couple of meals also because of several meetings I had last week.
    As I'm still out of the town (I'm returning to the office next Monday). I'll try to make updates directly on site and stick to the plan as much as possible.
    16.Apr.2007 - 23.Apr.2007: [79 points]
    Returned to home yesterday. In next couple of days I do not expect further trips so I will hopefully manage to follow the plan. Most of the lost points in this period were because of missed meals as I managed to keep on with trainings (actually, I missed only one weight training).
    24.Apr.2007: [79 points]
    No lost points today. Great (but slightly shorter) cardio training. Good and clean meals.
    25.Apr.2007: [79 points]
    Another good day. It's nice to be back on the track :)

================
    END STATS
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    CHEST:
    HIPS:
    WAIST:

#11 floky, Mar 26, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  12. joe84

joe84 Active Member

GOAL: Bulk

BODY TYPE: Mesomorph

COMMENT:
    This will be my seventh challenge to date, I finished last month with 96 points. I was cutting for the first five months & last month I had a maintenance period. During my cutting period, I dropped 26lbs in weight with minimal loss in muscle. This month I plan to switch to a bulking program in order to gain 6-8lbs of muscle. Depending on my success this month I will decide to go for a second month or not. The extra calorie intake will be a challenge in its self, but I intend to hit my goal intake everyday so I can get the maximum gains in mass.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE:
    Monday: Weight Training: Chest & Arms
    Tuesday: Tag Rugby Training or Cardio - HIIT (PM)
    Wednesday: Weight Training: Legs & Abs
    Thursday: Tag Rugby Training or Cardio - HIIT (PM)
    Friday: Weight Training: Back & Shoulders
    Saturday: Day off or other activity e.g. Surfing
    Sunday: Tag Rugby Match or Day Off

MEAL SCHEDULE:
    1. Basal Metobolic Rate = 2014 Calories
    2. Active Metobolic Rate = 3150 Calories
    3. Bulking Calorie Intake (+1000) = 4150 Calories
    Six meals a day of Calories = 690 Calories

STARTING STATS:
    WEIGHT: 198lbs
    BODY FAT: 12.5% (Health Central)
    ARMS: 13.25" (Myotape)
    CALVES: 17.25" (Myotape)
    CHEST: 41.5" (Myotape)
    FOREARMS: 12" (Myotape)
    HIPS: 40" (Myotape)
    THIGH: 24" (Myotape)
    WAIST: 36" (Myotape)

END STATS:
    WEIGHT:
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGH:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG:

WEEK 1:
    APRIL 1: Played a tag rugby match this afternoon & won 10-0, that's our second win in a row. I was also a ref for another game so I covered alot of ground today! Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [100 Points]
    APRIL 2: First workout of my bulking program done tonight - Chest & Arms. It was a great workout I felt full of energy & the Gym was very quiet because of the great weather at the moment. I had a hard time finishing my new PWO shake, it consists of 50g of protein powder, half a cup of oats, 3 tbs of natty PB & a pint of skim milk. It comes in at about 800kCal - 80g protein, 80g carbs & 20g fat. It's pretty heavy & alot to stomach right after a workout, but I know it's worth it. Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [100 Points]
    APRIL 3: I've no tag rugby training this week but I played my weekly 5 aside soccer game tonight - 90mins. Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [100 Points]
    APRIL 4: Legs & Abs workout tonight, it's good to be back doing squats! Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [100 Points]
    APRIL 5: Cardio session done in the Gym tonight, 3km HIIT on the treadmill. Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [100 Points]
    APRIL 6: Shoulders & Back workout done, great workout the Gym was quiet again today. My quads & hamstrings are really sore since yesterday because of Wednesday's leg weights, I love that feeling! Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [100 Points]
    APRIL 7: Scheduled day off today, the weather is great here at the moment the summer is starting early so I'll enjoy it for the day. My quads & hamstrings are still killing me today! Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [100 Points]

WEEK 2:
    APRIL 8: Scheduled day off today, no tag rugby this weekend so I'm going camping for the night to do some surfing. Scheduled cheat meal was a small meaty pizza while I was on the road. Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [100 Points]
    APRIL 9: It's a Bank Holiday here today so no Gym. I'll have to get my weights done tomorrow. Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [100 Points]
    APRIL 10: I skipped tag rugby training tonight so I could get my Shoulders & Arms weights done. I had a great workout even though I was exhausted after the weekend, increased all exercises 10%. I also played my weeky 5 aside soccer game which was my cardio for tonight. I had a weight-in at the gym to see if I gained any mass in the first week of my bulk, but I have stayed the same weight. I will have to look at my meal plan this week to ensure I hitting my target of 4150 kCals. Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [100 Points]
    APRIL 11: Legs & Abs workout done, good intense workout. This is probably my favorite workout of the week & hugely benefits my overall body, I find it hard to believe that alot of people don't do a lower body workout. Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [100 Points]
    APRIL 12: Tag rugby training tonight, we also played a challenge match so it was a good long session. I hope these training session don't hurt my progress during my bulk. Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [100 Points]
    APRIL 13: I am travelling away on a surfing trip for the weekend so I can't do my Shoulders & Back workout tonight, so I'll get it done on Monday night. Therefore I will have foue weights sessions next week. Had my cheat meal tonight which was a chinese take-out. Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [100 Points]
    APRIL 14: I was surfing all day today which was pretty tough in the rough conditions, I will be feeling this tomorrow! Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [100 Points]

WEEK 3:
    APRIL 15: Tag rugby match this afternoon, we won 14-12 so we're still undefeated so far. Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [100 Points]
    APRIL 16: Shoulders & Back workout done tonight, increased all exercises 10%. I will get my legs workout done tomorrow & my two upper body weights done on Wednesday & Friday. Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [100 Points]
    APRIL 17: Legs & abs workout done tonight, I increased my squat & my deadlift 20kg! I also played 5 aside soccer for 90mins which was extremely difficult after the weights but that's my cardio for tonight. Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [100 Points]
    APRIL 18: I took an unscheduled night off from weights tonight, I had quite a heavy legs workout last night so I will wait until tomorrow night for this weeks Chest & Arms workout. I hope to do my Shoulders & Back weights on Saturday or Sunday. Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [100 Points]
    APRIL 19: Tag rugby training tonight, it was a great session - 2hrs long including a full game. Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [100 Points]
    APRIL 20: Chest & Arm workout done. Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [100 Points]
    APRIL 21: Surfing all day today in rough conditions, good exercise! Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [100 Points]

WEEK 4:
    APRIL 22: Played a tag rugby match today & won 9-4, if we win our last game next week we will win the league undeafeated. I also did this week's Back & Shoulders workout today, so that brings me up to date with all my weights sessions. I'll do my Legs & Abs workout tomorrow so I won't exhaust my upper body. Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [100 Points]
    APRIL 23: Legs & Abs workout done, this is becoming my toughest workout. I increased my squat again another 5kg this week to 90kg. So my hamstrings & quads are going to be sore tomorrow! When I started lifting heavy on my legs, I was afraid it would affect my speed for sports. But the weights mixed with my rugby training has only increased my speed on the pitch from what I can see, so Im happy with that result! Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [100 Points]
    APRIL 24: Tag rugby training tonight was a light session for 90mins, I'm not playing soccer tonight so I'll take it easy. Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [100 Points]
    APRIL 25: Chest & Arms weights done tonight, I was very happy with this workout because I was feeling really drained going to the gym but I still increased all exercises 10%. Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [100 Points]
    APRIL 26: I was hoping this day would't come, I'm losing my first point of the month tonight because of missed cardio (-1). I'm missing tag rugby training tonight because it's my girlfriend's birthday & we're going for dinner/ drinks so I won't get a chance to go to the gym for cardio either. I'll jus have to try again next month to finish with the full 100! Scheduled cheat meal was dinner in the restaurant tonight. Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [99 Points]
    APRIL 27: I won't have time for my Shoulders & Back workout tonight since I'm traveling away right after work for a surfing trip, I'll be gone for the whole weekend so I will get this workout done next week. I won't be playing a tag rugby game on Sunday but I will be surfing all weekend. Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [99 Points]
    APRIL 28: Not much surfing done today the weather was great the surf wasn't! Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [99 Points]

WEEK 5:
    APRIL 29: No tag rugby match today, but I spent the day surfing instead. Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [99 Points]
    APRIL 30: Shoulder & Back done tonight, I missed this workout last Friday night. All exercises increased 10%. Scheduled meals & vitamins/ sups taken. [99 Points]

Conclusions:

#12 joe84, Mar 26, 2007
  13. bagley61

bagley61 Well-Known Member

April 2007 100 challenge:

I am in and ready to have a better month than March!

Where I have been and where I am at:
    Mid October 2006 - 351 pounds.
    January 1st 2007 - 335 pounds, 37% BF, 124 pounds of fat, 211 pounds of lean mass.
    February 1st 2007 - 324 pounds, 35% BF, 113.4 pounds fat, 210.6 pounds of lean mass.
    March 1st 2007 - 315.3 pounds, 33.9% BF, 104.9 pounds fat, 210.4 pounds lean mass.
    April 1st 2007 - 307.1 pounds, 32.5% BF, 99.9 pounds fat, 207.1 pounds leans mass.

I will lose 10 pounds of fat and try very hard not to lose any lean mass by lifting hard and smart and eating clean and as planned.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE: First thing in the a.m..
    Weight Training - Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
    HIIT cardio Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

MEAL PLAN:
    6 clean meals per day. One cheat meal and one snack per week.

Starting stats: April 1st
    weight: 307.1
    body fat: 32.5%
    Fat mass: 99.9
    LBM: 207.1
    chest: 50
    Waist at belly:50
    Waist at beltline:46.5
    Hips: 49.
    thigh: 28
    calf: 19.25
    arm: 17.25
    forearm: 13.75

Ending stats:
    Weight - 308
    Fat % - 32.6%
    Fat mass - 100.5
    Lean Mass - 207.5
    Chest - 50.25
    belly - 50.5
    waist - 46.5
    hips - 48.25
    thigh - 28
    calf - 19
    arm - 17.25
    forearm - 13.75

APRIL 1st: Day off from training as planned. 6 Meals in as planned.
    -0 points [100 points]

APRIL 2nd: a.m. - Back, biceps and abs weight training done. p.m. - 30 minutes LISS cardio on the bicycle trainer done.
    Meals and vitamins in.
    -0 points [100 points]

APRIL 3rd: Fasted guerilla HIIT cardio done - elliptical. Meals in. Cookie monster got me though in the evening - sheesh - too early to start fighting my demons already this month!.
    -1 point [99 points]

APRIL 4th: Intense Chest, Shoulders and triceps training done - worked out a little self anger for my yesterday's cheat. Back on track today and will stay strong on my plan! Finished the day clean and as planned.
    -0 points [99 points]

APRIL 5th: a.m. fasted HIIT cardio done. All meals and vitamins in.
    -0 points [99 points]

APRIL 6th: a.m. - Leg weight training done. p.m. - LISS cardio on bicycle trainer and stretching done. Meals in and as planned.
    -0 points [99 points]

APRIL 7th: fasted HIIT done in the a.m. - Meals in and as planned, unfortunately I had a slip on some homemad banana bread my wife made - grrr
    -1 point [98 Points]

APRIL 8th: Happy Easter! a.m. I did 50 minutes of LISS cardio between my bicycle trainer and elliptical. Today I will take my free meal and snack and eat 4 clean meals. It was Easter - not as clean as I wanted with family celebrations. I am ready to hit it hard and clean this week though.
    -1 point [97 points]

This next week is kind of a rest period week between 12 week challenges for me. I will try to eat clean - portions will be slightly larger and workouts not as intense. Back to it hard and in the zone monday the 16th.

APRIL 9th: a.m. - Upper body weight training done. Oops forgot to post yesterday
    -1 point [96 points]

APRIL 10th: a.m. - cardio done fasted in a.m. 6 meals in as planned. I did take my snack for the week so down to just a free meal this weekend.
    -0 points [96 points]

APRIL 11th: a.m. - Lower body workout done. 6 clean meals done. Back in control and in the zone again.
    -0 points [96 points]

APRIL 12th: a.m. - Cardio done split between bicycle trainer and elliptical. 6 Meals in and as planned.
    -0 points [96 points]

APRIL 13th: a.m. - Chest, Forearms and abs done. Meals done and clean.
    -0 points [96 points]

APRIL 14th and 15th - I took a free weekend before starting another 12 week Body for Life challenge.
    -1 point each day for not posting. -1 point each day for not having a plan.
    -4 points [92 points]

APRIL 16th: I am ready for my new 12 week challenge and ready to finish this month strong.
    a.m. - Chest and back weight training done. 6 meals and suplements in and as planned.
    -0 points [92 points]

April 17th: HIIT cardio elliptical done. Ab training done - Weighted crunches, Knee ups and vacuums.
    6 clean meals and supplements as planned.
    -0 points [92]

APRIL 18th: Shoulders, triceps and biceps weight training done. 6 meals and supplements done and as planned.
    -0 points [92 points]

APRIL 19th: a.m. - HIIT cardio done followed by abs. 6 Meals in - snacked a bit on unauthorized or planned foods in the evening though.
    -1 point [91]

APRIL 20th: a.m. Leg day - Did Db squats and Sumo squats and Leg curls and leg extensions. p.m. - I did 30 minutes LISS cardio on the bicycle trainer. Meals and supplements done.
    -0 points [91]

APRIL 21st: a.m. - fasted HIIT cardio done - elliptical. I did ab boot camp - 3 sets of 6 different exercises.
    Meals in and as planned. I had my cheat snack in the evening. - 1 point for being late reporting this.
    -1 point [90 points]

APRIL 22nd: a.m. - 15 minutes LISS on bicycle trainer, 3 sets of pushups on swiss ball, 3 sets of wrist curls and 3 sets of reverse wrist curls. 5 meals as planned - Cheat meal as planned.
    -0 points [90 points]

APRIL 23rd: a.m. - Excellent Chest and back weight training session. 6 clean meals and supplements in as planned.
    -0 points [90 points]

APRIL 24th: a.m. fasted HIIT cardio on the elliptical and abdominals done. My self pep talk didn't seem to work - I ate fairly well but let a few unplanned things into my evening. Evenings are definately my toughest time to stay mentally in the game.
    -1 point [89 points]

APRIL 25th: a.m. - I did shoulders, triceps and biceps - pushed hard and to failure on one or two of the sets in each area.
    6 Clean meals and supplements as planned. Back in the right frame of mind for the moment anyway - lol.
    -0 points [89 points]

APRIL 26th: a.m. fasted HIIT cardio done and abdominals done. 6 meals in - clean. Supplements as planned.
    -0 points [89 points]

APRIL 27th: a.m. -Leg Day - Squats, wall sits, leg curls, lunges, Stiff leg deads and standing calf raises done. 6 clean meals and supplements as planned.
    -0 points [89 points]

APRIL 28th: Today was my free day - Got in a round of golf and a ton of outdoor chores done. I had my free meal and snack (glass of wine).
    -0 points [89 points]

APRIL 29th: I did HIIT cardio on the elliptical - good strong session. I also did abdominals and forearms. It was such a beautiful weekend weather wise here in Minnesota - I got alot of outdoor activity and chores in which hopefully counteracted some of the excess calories I consumed. Eating was OK, but not completely clean and as planned - a bit of carb overload.
    -1 point [88 Points]

APRIL 30th: - Chest and back weight training completed. 6 meals in and supplements. Cheated in the eveing again though.
    _1 point [87 points]

Well, This definately wasn't my best month and leaves alot to be desired. I seemed to have fallen back into a bit of a comfort zone on my eating plan this month and I am sure that will be reflected on my measurements tomorrow. I will have to fight hard in May and do a much better job with planning and following my nutrition plan. Workouts have continued to be consistent and intense and I have no doubt I will have a strong month of cardio and weight training in May.

#13 bagley61, Mar 26, 2007
  14. OrangeTiger

OrangeTiger Active Member

Here I Am

GOAL: To reduce my body fat to < 10% (by august)

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: 30 Minutes of LISS at the Rooster Crow.
    Tuesday: Evening Lift: Back and Biceps
    Wednesday: 30 Minutes of LISS at the Rooster Crow.
    Thursday: Evening Lift: Chest and Triceps
    Friday: 30 Minutes of LISS at the Rooster Crow.
    Saturday: Evening Lift: Legs + Shoulders

MEAL SCHEDULE
    5 Meals a Day.
    No Cheats, not even on my Birthday.

Daily Log
    APR 1: Sunday: Ate my Meals as scheduled and even played a little golf.
    [100 Pts]
    APR 2: Monday: I hate morning liss, but i went anyway and suffered through it. At my meals as planned. [100 pts]
    APR 3:Tuesday: I ate all my meals as planned and performed my lift, however i missed the update -1. [99 pts]
    APR 4: Ate all meals today as planned and performed morning LISS. [99pts]

#14 OrangeTiger, Mar 28, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  15. k3vb0

k3vb0 Well-Known Member

k3vb0 April 100 Challenge

COMMENT: My goal is to ramp up my exercise intensity (both cardio and weightlifting) and add legs back into my workouts. I will be focusing on clean eating at all meals and only 2 cheat meals max per month. For my workouts, I am going to try Christian Thibaudeau's Destroying Fat workout (thanks to M@ for listing this in his journal)

WORKOUT SCHEDULE (TBD)
    Monday: Heavy lifting chest/back + alactic work
    Tuesday: Lactate-inducing workout 1 + 20-30 minutes of steady-state aerobic work
    Wednesday: OFF
    Thursday: Heavy lifting quads/hams
    Friday: OFF
    Saturday : Lactate-inducing workout 2 + 20-30 minutes of steady-state aerobic work
    Sunday: OFF

MEAL SCHEDULE
    6 meals per day
    2 Cheat meals per month, usually on Saturdays. No points lost if I decide not to have a cheat meal.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 213.4 pounds
    BODY FAT: 21%
    ARMS: 16.5 flexed
    CALVES: 15.75
    CHEST: 44
    FOREARMS: 12
    THIGHS: 21
    WAIST: 42.5

END STATS
    WEIGHT: 210
    BODY FAT: 19%
    ARMS: 16 5/8
    CALVES: 15
    CHEST: 44
    FOREARMS:12
    THIGHS:22
    WAIST:42

DAILY LOG

APR 1: Got in 30 minutes of cardio this morning along with an abs workout. All meals eaten on time.
    [100 Pts]

APR 2: This is my first day of Christian Thibaudeau's Destroying Fat workout, and I think I am going to like this. I felt really strong during the heavy chest/back workout, and had my heart rate up the whole time. I also like the sprints, which I am having to do on a bike. I haven't done these in a long time. Meals were spot on. [100 Pts]

APR 3: Today was an awesome workout day. I got in a Pilates workout at noon, and then a Lactate-inducing workout 3 supersets of 5 exercises each, with two minutes of rest between supersets. My heartrate got up to 164 during the workout. I also got in 20 minutes of steady-state aerobic work on my bike. Meals were spot on. [100 Pts]

APR 4: Today was an off day, and after yesterday's workout, I need it. Diet was spot on.
    [100 Pts]

APR 5: Today was supposed to be a cheat day since it is my daughter's birthday, but I still should have gotten a workout in, so -1 pt. Aside from a piece of cake, my diet was spot on.
    [99 Pts]

APR 6: Got in the Quad/Hams workout I missed yesterday. Diet was on target again. [99 Pts]

APR 7: Lactic workout number two. These are killer, but I feel energized afterwards. I finished off with 30 minutes of steady state cardio on my bike. Diet was on target again. Tomorrow will be my 2nd cheat day for the month (Easter dinner), and then I will have no more cheats for the month. This will be tough, but doable. [99 Pts]

APR 8: Since I had a cheat today with Easter, I also did 30 minutes of cardio on the bike first thing this morning. I at all meals on time and had an excellent Easter dinner prepared by my wife who is a great cook. [99 Pts]

APR 9: My daughter brought home a bug and infected the family. I have a sore throat, chills, and body aches. Normally I will work through a cold, but not body aches. I will deduct points if I do not make up the workouts during the week. Diet was good though. [99 Pts]

APR 10: Felt good enough to get in my chest/back workout, and surprisingly pushed heavier weights than I have in a long time. Diet was good, but I missed a meal. [98 Pts]

APR 11: Still wiped out. Getting tested for strep tomorrow. Missed a meal. -1 [97 pts]

APR 12: Went to bed at 9pm....which is about two hours early for me. Completely drained, so no workout, but did manage to keep my diet on track. I have not been sick in 3 years, so I wonder if the lower carbs don't lead to a lowered immune response. -1 pt for no workout. [96 points]

APR 13: My Dr prescribed antibiotocs to knock out whatever has hit my throat and ear. I managed to get a good workout in today, so hopefully mybody is starting to fight this thing. Got all meals in even though I am not really hungry. [96 points]

APR 14: No workout today, the swollen lymph node in my neck is incredibly painful. -1 [95 pts]

APR 15: Got in a sprint cardio workout in the morning, and then worked in the yard all day. Diet was okay. [95 pts]

APR 16: Got in a sprint cardio workout in the morning and a chest/back workout. . Diet was on target. [95 pts]

APR 17: Got caught in a rush on taxes and missed my workout. Will make it up tomorrow. Diet was on target. -1 [94 pts]

APR 18: Did a lactate inducing workout. Diet was on target. I am going to take tomorrow as my off day and then lift Friday/Saturday. [94 pts]

APR 19: Took today as my off day. Diet was spot on and I reduced calories a bit tto help accelerate fat loss. [94 pts]

APR 20: Completed my heavy quad/hamstring workout and it felt great. Diet was completely spot on. [94 pts]

APR 21: Lactate inducing workout plus 40 minutes of LISS style cardio. Diet was perfect again. [94 pts]

APR 22: Added a 30 minute LISS ride on my exercise bike this morning to help accelerate fat loss. Diet was spot on. [94 pts]

APR 23: I should get an extra point for missing the first 15 minutes of Heroes so I could complete my workout. Or maybe I should have to deduct 2 points for poor planning. Got in my weights and my alactic workout. Diet was perfect.
    [94 pts]

APR 24: Thought my long workday (late team dinner) would be tomorrow, but but was today. I will make up the workout tomorrow, but I lose a point today. Diet was good. -1 [93 pts]

APR 25: Got in all meals and my workout. My 15 year old daughter got in major trouble today (boys in the house while Mom & Dad are gone = very bad), but I found that by putting my frustration over this into my workout, I moved more weight today. Felt great to take my frustrations out on the bar...got in a better workout and cleared my mind at the same time. [93 pts]

APR 26: Got in all meals, took today as my off day since I was in all day meetings with a team of people who flew in from all over the globe, and the meetings started early and went late. I actually like doing Friday/Saturday workouts, and may adjust May's workouts accordingly. [93 pts]

APR 27: Got in my workouts and my diet was on track. [93 pts]

APR 28: Either I got a stomach bug or food poisoning, but could not workout. Will make up Sunday or I lose a point. [93 pts]

APR 29: Got in a good HIIT workout, but still not quite ready for weights. Diet was spot on though. -1 PT [92 pts]

APR 30:Chest/back workout plus alactic workout. Diet was perfect. [92 pts]

I was feeling pretty bummed about only losing 3 pounds of scale weight until I did my bodyfat analysys. If my math is right, I lost 4.83 pounds of fat and gained 1.83 pounds of muscle. Not huge, but not too bad since I am still in injury recovery mode.

#15 k3vb0, Mar 28, 2007
  16. Darvonia

Darvonia Active Member

I'm in.

Goals:
    Lose some weight, become more active, it's spring. Just accomplish completing this challenge the best I can.

Rules:
    Swim twice a week. Weight Lift twice a week. Eat clean. Allow One Cheat Meal and One Cheat Snack a week.
    Wine minimized to twice a week.

DAILY LOG:

April Fools Day: Well, for exercise I did my first ever Salsa dancing lessons! Wow, that can really work you out when you're not use to doing it. I think I did okay...I felt really uncordinated though...lol. You feel very frigid at first concentrating so much on your foot work, but eventually you want to move those hips....:D I did have some wine since it was a private event...but the food stayed good. I look forward to swimmng this week and eating healthy. And I really have focused on gettting alot more sleep than I use to...I have found beauty sleep does really matter. :)
    [100]

April 2nd: Met Lori who thankfully is always good for a workout. At this time she is starting her training for the Gold Nugget (tri-athlon) here in Anchorage. We swam in the pool doing laps together ....I got some jacuzzi and sauna in to relax after a long work day and then I went and cleaned an office (work I do on the side). Once home I decided to read articles I had printed out off the internet --regarding nutrition and exercise, etc...motivational reading for me. I should print something new out everyday to read at night to keep my mind focused. My diet was great, I ate very clean. I got a little less sleep than I wanted though. A short-term goal is to be able to get up before work and swim. It didn't work this morning. But I will get up and do it, I'm guaranteeing myself! hehehe And I even passed on going out with friends tomorrow night for a promotional deal my friend does with her work. I will need my sleep to get up to swim! ;) Social events and cocktails after work with friends are my demon. But we're working on it all.
    [100]

April 3rd: I think I need to start keeping a food journal because I'm noticing fluxuating days of energy. Like today right now I have a great steady flow of energy...very motivated. While yesterday I felt a bit sluggish in and out in the office. I'm starting to think it might be what I'm choosing to eat in my day.
    Update~OK, I had motivation and energy, now I'm struggling to get myself in the gym to swim on my lunch break. Yikes! Okay...this is one of those times when I read all that advice that says you need to just push through a moment like this. The swimming pool just seems so far away....eek. I need to just suck it up and just do it...that's why this is call a "challenge" it's not easy.
    Conclusion:......(drum roll....).....I made it swimming on my lunch. I'm good, I did it. :tu:
    I ate clean for the evening...but I almost blew it because I was so tired I wanted to just stop by fast food, but I went home and cooked. I did have a very small amount of chips as a snack later...I'll count that as my cheat snack for the week I'm allowed. And honestly, they weren't even worth it! Blarr! Once you start to eat clean, that stuff becomes like crud amazingly.
    [100]

April 4th: Swan on my lunch, so now I've surpassed my 2 times in the week.Still have weight lifting to get in. Almost ate cookies I baked last night with my daughter; sat in the kitchen and thought about everyone in the challenge that is helping by giving me advise and support and thought "I don't want to give up a point yet, and over some cookies!". Tried to keep a food journal with grams of fat/carb/proteins...I'm not sure I have figured out the best way to do that without making it so difficult. I think I might just do calorie control. I'll work it out.
    [100]

April 5th: I have Friday and Saturday to fit both days of weight lifting in to not have to deduct a point. My diet has really changed alot. A few times I wanted to get fast food out of habit of lack of time and just being so hungry, but I forced myself to go home and cook instead --I couldn't even finish my meal in one sitting. The size of my appetite is changing drastically. I've been eating heathy, not drinking wine during the weekdays, and getting more sleep and more exercise. I've done a full turn around so far. I feel good about it. It's still hard, I almost wanted a cookie again last night and I've wanted wine after work too. But I didn't do it. Althought the goals I've set for this month seem small or simple compared to others, they are big enough changes for me. I'm happy with my first week so far. :) I'm still working on getting up early in the morning to workout before work. Everyday I try. It's frustrating me that I haven't been able to get out of bed in the morning. :bang: I must reach this personal goal of mine. [100]

April 6th: Did my weight lifting on my lunch. Food has been excellent.
    We will be tested tonight while out with friends. :scared:

I offered to be the designated driver to help myself not be weak in wanting to drink tonight. My friend actually thought I was joking, he said this.."You going out and not drinking...isn't that an oxymoron?!" :eek: I told you it was a BIG challenge!

Live music tonight...should be fun! :guitar:
    I will update tomorrow results of my will-power. :rolleyes:

**I did not end up drinking with my friends while out**! It was very hard and there was much pressure. Everyone wanted me to drink, they offered to buy me drinks and I heard, "It's just 1 point to be able to drink with us." I didn't break down and I ordered my own pitcher of water. I'm pretty proud of myself. [100]

April 7th: Got up at 7:30am and hit the gym by 9ish. Did my leg workout and cardio with a girlfriend. I have completed my goal for the week in exercise. I had hasbrowns in the morning, I wouldn't say that was a very healthy part of my breakfast so -1 point. And since I didn't drink last night-- that left me with one night for a drink for the week, which I saved for a birthday event of food and cocktails. I did order an appetizer hot shrimp with bread, I'll count that as my cheat meal for this week ending. I did have that damn cookie finally though. :mad: -1 point. But, I'm extremely happy that despite people wanting me to go out with everyone after dinner to the clubs, I said no thank you and went home early and limited my alcohol consumption any further than with dinner. [98]

Easter: Thank goodness it's the start of a new week! Because the Easter Bunny made me lose some willpower! Let's see....I shared dessert with my daughter. (cheat snack for the week) and had crab dip at Easter dinner (-1) pt. And for lunch had steak pizza-2 slices. (cheat meal for the week). And I had 2 more of those damn cookies! (-1) And I know there was one more thing to deduct for...can't think of it, but -1.:cry: Oh and a one beer. (1 of 2 days for the week allowed). So now I have NO CHEATS left and only 1 night of wine. Which I will save for Saturday's Performing Arts Concert with my friends. Geez, I really screwed myself for the week already! :blank: Hey, but you know what?...I was eating out at resturants and fast food every day for lunch and dinner and drinking wine at least 4 times a week. I'm proud of the changes I've made so far. :) [95]

April 9th: Just worked today, no gym or swim. Ate good other than I had some more cookies! Yikes! -1 point. WTH!?! They are all gone now. I'll be good...hehehe Can I stay in the 90 point range the rest of the month???....hmmm.
    [94]

April 10th: Swam on my lunch. Food is good so far. Will update more tomorrow. Stressful last hours at work. GRRR!
    Had dinner at Organic Oasis, so dinner was healthy. I did try one glass of organic Italian wine. But stopped at only one. And it wasn't even worth it, I didn't really need it.That makes for my two for the week. If I drink this weekend for the Stomp Concert, I will miss a point.

*I have lost 2 pounds now!-* :p
    [94]

April 11th: So far so good, it's almost 4pm. I'm leaving work earlier for a band concert my daughter is in. Food has been good today. I had a pleasant day today, but everyone else I know emailed me that they were miserable. :blank:

OH! HA! My friend Lori wants me to do the "Clean Air Challenge", it's like a bike ride from here to the moon and back! :lol: I'd die!
    Not quit ready for that challenge yet! :D
    [94]

April 12th: This day was rough for me. I was stressed and tired and almost gave in to some bad habits. But I made it. Diet was good. Went to the gym and got in some cardio and upper body weights. Was hard, I didn't want to go. We survived it though! I think I lost another pound too!
    [94]

April 13th&14th: -10 pts ...enought said! Went to Stomp Concert and long weekend with friends and too much fun. [84]

April 15th: New week, so... Used up a cheat meal/cheat snack and 1 drinking day. It will be another rough week! [84]

April 16th: Holy smokes! I missed a day? :eek: You're right Eleonardo! I know I have eaten very good all this week so far though. I need to get in 2 swims and 2 weight liftings this week. [84]

April 17th: Went and bought more healthy foods for my meals for the week. I have sucked not going swimming on my lunches at work the last 2 days or today! I'm STILL attempting this early morning workout/swim before work!! :mad:
    I don't know how to make myself get out of the dang bed when I'm so sleepy and know I can sleep another 1-1-1/2 hours! :rolleyes: :confused: I've been preticularly stressed out lately too. Bingeing on the weekend did not help! :blank: [84]

April 18th: Wait, I think I missed a day. I'm confused. -1
    [83] (Oh yeah, this night my daughter had a temperature of 100. Stayed home. ATe good though!

April 19th: Well, I've been eating good. But I haven't worked out yet this week! I'm having a hard time making myself go swimming right now on my lunch! :cry:

Why do I resist this EVERY time!!??!! I don't understand why I always feel lazy about doing it. HELP! :rolleyes:

Eleonardo said something regarding...'how bad did I want it.." or something like that. Well, this is the thing, I really want it, but I sometimes don't want to seem to do the hard work it takes! :mad: I'm pathetic! :o Oh my gosh, I need to just get up and get in the car and go swimming! STOP wHINING AND GET OFF MY A$$ AND DO IT! :flex:

I made it swimming! Hooray! My food has been really good. I'm reading a lot of what other people eat and have slowly changed over little by little my food. Like, changed my peanut butter to all natural, etc. Trying to eat even cleaner. I'm weening myself into losing some of the other things, like salad dressing, haven't gotten to where I can just use vinegar and oil, herbs, etc.
    [83]

April 20th: Tonight after work I'll be going to eat a "healthy" dinner with my girlfriend who is training for the Golden Nugget Triathlon. Grilled Chicken with Cajun spices she brought back from New Orleans when she went down to help clean up the disaster. I'm addicted to this spice! We putit on the streamed veggies too! Than off to the movies!
    [83]

WAIT!--I had edited this and updated it to catch up from over the weekend and while sick!! It didn't save it!!! GRRRRR :mad:

Dang, here again, I was out sick for the last part of the weekend and beginning of week:

April 21-22rd: Missed my weights (-2), swimming (-1) Food was good as usual. I did eat at a BBQ and had some pasta salad and beer. (-2) Missed my posts (-2) Yikes! OK, May has got to be better. Although, I'm pretty sure due to my changes in food, I've kept off the weight I lost. I'll go check at the end of the month. Sunday-sick.
    [76]

April 24th: Home sick. No post/no work. -1
    [75]

April 25th: Home sick. No post/no work -1
    [74]

April 26th: I need to go on my lunch and swim! Tomorrow I am attempting to get up and swim or lift weights BEFORE work. And I think tonight I will work on what my May challenge plan is.

PS...I DID NOT REALIZE WHEN POSTING FROM MONDAY ON...IT WASN'T SAVING IT DUE TO ME HAVING TOO MANY SMILEY'S!

I did swim on my lunch. Hooray! And I did a long first walk outside of the year on the coastal trail. It was finally beautiful outside! I loved it! Although my foot has been injuried for over a week now, not sure what I did. Trying to give it time before going to the Doc's. Hmmm.

Ate a good dinner, BUT, I was so hunger at lunch, I grabbed an Arby's sandwich after swimming. Sooo -1 pt. And I forgot I ate a big mac when I was sick, my neighbor picked it up for me. -1. And since I didn't post for so many days between my weekend and being sick this week, I think I may of forgotten a few things. So I'm in all fairness subtracting at least -3 more points! I'm still doing good though.

And I STILL DID NOT make it in the morning to swim. GRRRR!
    [69]

April 27th: Went to a social gathering last night, so I ate chips and etc. Drank some beers, so minus -2 pts. Need to get in my exercising today. [67]

Hey! I updated this at my mothers house this weekend and again it didn't save it...GRRR! I was showing her the forum in hopes she would join the May challenge. She's not one to use the internet much though.

April 28th-29th: I'm not ending with the best days this month. I have a foot injury and didn't get outside to walk, that was a bummer or make it to the gym. I all in all could of swam though! so -3 (missed swimming and weights) I let go this weekend with my food and drinking too--bad! -10
    [54]

April 30th: I'll go swimming on my lunch. And will maintain my food tonight.

Although my points are low; I think I made some good changes along the way this month. Met some inspiring people that help support me as well. I feel this was my best challenge so far. And I had lost 5 lbs from just the changes I made in my diet and swimming on my lunches. I think I may of gained some back over this weekend from my binge! Grrr!

Went swimming on my lunch, I'm excited because I learned how to increase my speed in my swim by alternating something! Yipee!
    [54]

On to May's Challenge!

"Small changes, can make big changes happen."

#16 Darvonia, Mar 28, 2007
  17. mattback

mattback Active Member

First post, and this is freaking awesome! This site has been my inspiration for my transformation. i'll make a post or update on that later.

COMMENT: I want to go from ~12% bodyfat (as measured on my caliper) to about 9% bodyfat. this should make my six pack apparent. Also I want to get my chest and arms as defined as possible during this process.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Morning HIIT cardio (fasted), afternoon weights chest OVT , followed by 20-25 minutes of regular cardio.
    Tuesday: Morning HIIT cardio (fasted), biceps OVT and legs after class (AM), followed by 15 minutes of regular cardio.
    Wednesday: 20 MORNING MAN MAKERS (fasted),(AM); triceps, shoulders, abs (afternoon), 20 minutes of regular cardio.
    Thursday: Morning HIIT cardio (fasted), 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
    Friday: Morning HIIT cardio (fasted), 20 MAN MAKERS in the evening.
    Saturday Morning HIIT cardio (fasted), abs in the evening.
    Sunday: BEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MEAL SCHEDULE
    7-8 meals per day, all of them small, no carbohydrates after 8pm, 1 cheat meal every two weeks.
    This will be my first time keeping a food log.

STARTING STATS TO BE MEASURED APRIL 1ST
    WEIGHT: 149lbs
    BODY FAT: 11%

END STATS
    WEIGHT: 150.4lbs
    BODY FAT: 10% ( is this possible )

END SUMMARY

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Well, when i looked at the before and after stats, i was pretty surprised. i actually gained weight. but if i check my weight in the morning i almost guarantee i will be lighter than when i started. i'm always about 3 lbs lighter in the morning. i feel almost like this month was for nothing... :( i lost about 1 % of bodyfat but didn't really lose any weight.. ?? I guess that makes sense.. because i'm alot stronger now compared to when I started.
    I went from dumbbell presses @ 50 lbs to 70lbs now, went from preacher curls with 20s to 40s, and went from running a 5k in 34 minutes to 26 minutes. and it's only getting better. squats went from 135 to 185, one legged squats are cake now, and i'm doing knees to elbows in sets of ten after running and between running.. oh and pullups.. don't get me started on pullups. i can now do ten of them. before when istarted.. yeah.. 2.. maybe 3.
    so, my gains are there in terms of strength and endurance, but the visual looks haven't come on yet. looks like i need to just kick it up one more step to get the gains that i want.

i was considering going on a bulk also, but we will see how this beach season goes first... i want to do a slow bulk and gain maybe 15-20 lbs at the absolute most. i like being small.

all in all, i had a blast. i feel fun, i definitely feel better and stronger, and i love the website. maybe next time i'll go for a 90 something!!
    [/FONT]

DAILY LOG

APR 1: Spot on. i mean, come on. it's the beach!! how can i mess that one up!? Actually I had to go to work. morning meal was awesome, hard to beat three eggs and some vegetable juice. my lunch meals were roast beef sandwiches with mustard, a string cheese, and a can of v8 ( i have two lunches, 3 hours apart), my dinner was some lean pork roast and a healthy serving of green beans. this was after a 1 mile jog with my mom (avid runner) around the local park where i did the "fitness track" on the park, doing pushups, pull ups, situps, etc, along the way of the mile trail. my snack in an hour will probably be peanut butter. publix all natural, of course.

oh, here is a pic or two of me by the way. lean. sort of. i want to gain a little mass, and make the six pack much more defined.

[​IMG]

my last meal of the day ended up being some salad (romaine, tomatos, red peppers, cucumbers) with a little bit of homemade salad dressing (olive oil and balsamic vinegar, oregano, pepper, garlic, a smidget of salt) , and 2 tbsp publix all natural peanut butter. that hit the spot when combined with some green tea.

End of day report: 100 pts.

APR 2 :
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]woke up, did my sprints. morning exercise is a son-f-a-gun!!! i was completely exhausted after just ten. i figured since i got it done, i would ramp it up slowly, and work on stretching and what not in order to not injure myself at the beginning of the challenge. getting it done is more important to me then trying to be a baller and then hurting myself and not being able to get it done the next day.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]after exercise, morning breakfast was 3 eggs fried in smart balance omega 3 buttery spread. i love that stuff. also i had approx 40g of of quaker instant oats. we're out of normal oats, so these will work fine. i'll get better ones. i also had about 32 oz of water and a 12 ounce can of V8 (low sodium, heart healthy).[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]well, it's time for school and work. my weight training is at 6pm tonight. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]i need to pick up a new shaker cup. i left mine in my car dirty and it got the 'death smell'. so i'll be doing that so i can make my shakes throughout the day as well. (12pm, 230pm, 5pm) i get to eat another meal after exercise. there's simply no healhty food stops near my school, i'd rather do shakes than risk putting junk into my system.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]after picking up a shaker cup from "the vitamin shoppe", and a new container of ON Pro Complex augmented protein supplement, we were ready for the school shift. aka, the no good food for miles, so better make shakes, shift. right after class at 12:20 i had meal 2, 1 scoop pro complex, 1 scoop muscle milk. i'll refer to this as my MRS, or meal replacement shake, since it's pretty much my staple shake that i choose for mixing. i had meal 3 at 3:00 , MRS. meal 4 was at 5:10 and was MRS with slightly less quantities of each because i was about to work out and didn't want a huge load in my stomach by the time it was for cardio.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]from 6:00 - 7:00 i did my monday routine. Based on OVT training i did[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]flat bench dumbbell press 5x55 ---> straight into flat dumbell butterflies 5x25[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]five sets of this. on some sets i would do 50lbs with 25lb dumbbells for flys, sometimes i did 55s with 20 lb dumbbells.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]declined bench dumbbel press 5x45 --> straight into flat dumbell butterflies 5x25[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]five sets of this. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]5 dips right after last set of flat flies.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]then i went into a liss cardio, relaxing sort of thing, made sure i stretched, and did 5.5 mph @ 20:00. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]finished up with 30 pushups and a good stretch.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]immediate meal 5 after that when igot home 15 minutes later was 35 grams natural sugars coming from cranberry juice, and 26g high performance protein from proteinfactory.com. i also took 6 BCAA capsules. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]about an hour later it was time for meal 6. this was at panera bread. i had the grilled chicken caesar salad without any dressing. also, since it was 8:20, i ditched the bread as well. i wouldn't have eaten out, but it was a beautiful girl inviting me, so i had no choice. i did excellent in my dinner choice and my self-control. diet coke with lemon for the drink, simple grilled chicken and romaine lettuce, no cheat meal for me![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]its 10:50 now and i just finished meal 7, which was 26g pro complex protein and 2 tablespoons publix all natural peanut butter. and lots of water.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]that's that.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I just realized that I went over my meals by 1. but, there's a problem. for the amount of time i'm up during the day, i have to be eating every 3 hours. if not i am literally starving and i will get headaches / get pissed off / etc. it's not the amount of times i'm eating, it's the overall quantity of food and quality of the food i'm consuming.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]i would rather eat another small good meal than starve myself, so i'm not penalizing myself for this. i don't want to get too catabolic.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]11:30, still hungry. decided to eat some salad ( romaine, carrots, cucumber, radishes, red pepper, tomatos , with light homemade italian dressing consisting of salt peper oregano garlic balsamic vinegar and olive oil ) . 8 meals for the day. i'm starting to realize i eat on average about 7- 8 times, not 5 times like i thought. hmm. whatever, i'm still slim, lets see how it goes.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]that's that.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]------------------------[/FONT]
    APR 3 :
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]today got off to a running start, literally. 7:15 rolled around way too early for me, but by 7:30 i was back from my morning sprints. this time instead of going up adn down the street i took a haphazard zig zag crossing route around my neighborhood, in i guess sort of the method a lost child would be running from a rabid pit-bull. (i love pit bulls and chihuahuas, just playing, i love dogs but am very allergic) so as i came in from my sprints i was definitely starved. i've decided that early morning high intensity burst cardio really sucks. but, i dont' think i've ever been so awake in the morning! so it's a very good trade off. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]meal 1 at ~7:45am consisted of 2 scoops (55g protein) Pro Complex in cranberry juice (actually tastes good) , and about 35g of quaker oats with cinnamon and pecan flavor. 12g of sugar, but whatever, i'll burn it off. i also took 3 bcaa's and had a ton of water. i love water.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]after my a.m. classes i got out at about 10:30 and had my pre workout meal 2. this was 1.5 scoops of straight pro complex also. i didn't want to go for muscle milk this time because it was a little more fat than i wanted for a pre-workout. sometimes i'll do it, but it seems like it takes longer to absorb into my tummy than straight pro complex does. so i rocked that out.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]from 11-12 i worked my biceps and legs out. consisted of optimized volume training, or at least a variant of it, for the next few weeks. it will coincide with my challenge month, so most of the training i do for april will be OVT based.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]preacher dumbbell curls 30lbs @ 5reps immediately follows by standing v curls (don't know technical name, but i was taught to do them by somebody knowing what they are doing 15lbs @ 5 reps. the first one maximizes full ability of strength, the second one maximizes ROM so that everything builds equally and i get both size and flexibility/strength.. at least that's the idea. I did 5 sets of this.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]i did the same 5 sets for the next set[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]incline bench dumbbell curls 25lbs @ 5reps immediately followed by standing preacher curls 20 lbs @ 5 reps.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]for legs i did standing squats, reverse squats, and then single body weight squats.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]150, 175, 200, 225 @ 5-10 reps each, each set was followed by body weight squats to maximize stretch and flexibility, keep the blood flowing. approx 100-120 seconds rest between each set.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]after that was a 5 minute race against the computer on the bicycle machine ( i lost ) and then 10 minutes on the stair machine at ~5 intensity level. i had to lower it to 3 because i was completely wasted, but i got it done. [/FONT]

EDIT:: completely forgot about my very brief abs circuit that i did.
    10 declined situps immediately followed by 15 hanging leg raises, immediately followed by 16 medicine ball rotations (8 each side) followed by 15 negative crunches on the flat bench. Just wanted to get that in there!!!

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]i'm home now, and finishing meal 3 @ approx 12:45. this is post workout, so i had 1 scoop pro complex in about 4 oz cranberry juice, about 32 oz of water, a homemade sandwich consisting of 3 slices publix smoked turkey breast, publix 100% whole grain wheat bread, and some French's spicy mustard on it. for veggies i had the remainder of the salad that i had last night with just about 1tbsp of dressing. i probably got about 8g of fat from the dressing, but who cares, it tastes good and is mostly mono unsaturated fats from the olive oil. i.e. healthy fats, i.e. i'll drink the stuff, i don't care :) i also had six BCAA's post workout and i took some vpx redline to keep me going throughout the day. I don't get out of class until 9:00 tonight, so from here to my last meal / snack of the day i'm pretty much going to be on my staple MRS, which is muscle milk mixed with pro-complex. hey, it's better than fast food (which i no longer eat). [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]well, class in an hour. gotta go. scheduled meals at 3:45 ish, 5:30 , 8:30 and 10-11 depending on how late i'm going to stay up, when i get home, whatever.. as you can see i eat alot. at least, i eat OFTEN. i'm always hungry, and i wont' deny myself of food when i'm hungry, that will just mess my metabolism up more. [/FONT]

meal 4, standard mattback MRS, at 3:30. I also ate 3/4 of a pear. we've got a good bit of fresh fruit consisting of apples and pears in the house, so i'll work these in throughout the week when i can take the extra calories at mealtime.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]meal 5 at 5:30 and meal 6 at 8:00, both standard MRS. i think i'll only be having 7 meals today, as my level of hunger is slowly ramping off. my last meal will probably be a small handful of almonds and a tablespoon of peanut butter, but who knows what we will end up doing. maybe 2 tbsp peanut butter and 2 cans of V8. maybe we'll rock out some spinach with a turkey burger. no idea just yet. haha. so many healthy meal options, so many times during the day to take full advantage of them.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]tomorrow morning should be fun. RENEGADE MAN MAKERS, the most intense workout with a pair of dumbbells i've ever done in my life. i love em. but first thing in the morning on an empty stomach? heh. this will be exciting.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]meal 7 of the night came at 11:00 pm and was 2 tbsp all natural peanut butter with a 340ml can of low sodium V8. oh, and like 32 more ounces of water , of course. see everybody tomorrow.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]100 pts still. . .[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]--------[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]APR 4[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]-----------------------[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Well I officially missed a point. I woke up 2 hours late so There is no way i'll get the right amount of meals in me for the day, because my morning exercise was at 0930 as opposed to 0715. first meal was at 10. meal 1 was easy, a can of V8, 2 scoops pro-complex protein in publix organic low fat milk. yum. don't forget lots of water, 3 bcaa's, gnc mega men sport multivitamin, all that good stuff. the morning exercise was fun. renegade man makers. they are always a good thing to wake up with. i'm thinking i'll have to go up in weight with the dumbbells now though. the 25s are getting a little easy even though it's a pain. If i go up in weight i can eventually do more reps with the same weight. the body works in weird ways.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Lookin like meal 2 at 12:30 , 3 @ 3:00, 4 @ 5:30 (pre workout), 5 @ 7:30 (post workout ), and quite possibly one or two snacks afterwards. so i MIGHT get to seven anyway, but i still think waking up late counts as a point off. i don't need to be doing that bullcrap. if i get to sleep on time, this wouldn't have happened.... [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Either way i have a big day ahead of me, going to USF to talk to the director of the nanotechnology lab. Peace![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]meal 2 was MRS , 1pm. meal 3 came at 3:45, MRS. meal 4 was simply 40g protein from pro complex. this was my pre-workout shake. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]todays' exercise was some OVT training, some regular resistance training, and 15 minutes of steady state cardio at 7mph on the treadmill. that was pretty crazy. i actually was doing arnold shoulder presses with a pair of 50lb dumbbells. more intense than i'd ever done before! So the OVT training program when combined with a good protein intake and BCAA supplement seems to be doing quite the great job.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]when i got home at 7:30 i had an awesome meal 5, 7oz cooked weight prime rib steak and 1cup cooked brown rice. also i had a can of low sodium v8, 6 BCAA's, and tons of water.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]i'm snacking on meal 6 at 9:45 right now, celery , a couple of walnuts, and natural peanut butter. yum. probably more calories than i need right now, but fuck it. i'm eating healthy, i'll still manage to cut the weight i want. and the fats are the good unsaturated kind, so whatever. haha. i rule. besides, i only had 6 meals today, and i lost the point for it. so we're doing fine. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]see everybody tomorrow.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Thus the total so far. 99 PTS[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]APR 5 - 99 pts to begin[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]-----------------------[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Ok, so top of the morning to you. this morning's sprints were intense, but i made it through it. I'm currently working on meal 1, which was 1 scoop pro complex and two slices of 100% whole grain wheat bread. total would be 30 g protein, 42g carbohydrates for this morning's meal, and about 6 grams of fat. not too bad at all for a post sprint first meal of the day. oh, don't forget three bcaa's, my multivitamin, and tons of water. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]i'm feeling good about today. a little stressed out with school, but overall i'm feeling good. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]workout was good. lots of rows, pull ups, chin ups, lat pulldowns, etc. followed up by 20 minutes of steady state cardio and finished off with an intensive, no-breaks ab-circuit. this was a pretty long workout. 90 minutes spent in the gym. lets hope the results go with it! [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]i don't think i've ever eaten a turkey sandwich so quickly in my entire life. i just destroyed this thing. at 1pm meal 3 consisted of 3 slices lean turkey breast on whole wheat bread, some spicy mustard, 6 bcaa's, a half glass of cranberry juice, 3/4 scoop of ON pro complex, and water. rock on, mbv. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]meal 5 5:30 pm. MRS. with about 20% more mass than normal. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]meal 6 8:00 pm. 2 sticks of string cheese and 15g of pistachio nuts. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]meal 7 9:00 pm. tilapia and catfish filets, and a small bowl of homemmade vegetable soup. (celery, cabbage, carrots) almost no salt in the soup. tastes flipping awesome. gotta love fresh veggies. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]basketball never happened. it was raining. damnit. i have a ton of energy to burn. and i'm stressed out as all hell, so i'm having a fat day. arg! hahaha. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]end of day. 99 POINTS[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]------[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]APR 6 [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]----------------[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]what's up everybody. today's workouts actually had to get switched around because my mom wants to go running with me in the evening, and i was invited to my friend's gym. So i'll actually be getting more exercise today than I had originally planned. hooray! Hope i don't fall apart![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Meal 1 was at 10:30 am today, I slept in a little bit; it's good friday! 2 eggs with a tbsp of smart balance omega 3 healthy buttery spread, and 3/4 of an apple. good stuff. 3 BCAA's, some redline (feelin laggy), and gnc mega mens sport multi vitamin. oh, and lots of water. this is ~ 330 calories. i'm keeping track of my calories now, because after doing some math and calculations with some basic formulas, i should be eating ~2100 calories during deficit, and 2600 during normal periods. so for the month of april until i get the gains that i want, i'm going to try and hit 2100 calories every time. For example, yesterday, i decided to count the calories, and i ended up at 3100. oops! hahaha. but i ate my number of meals, and the meals don't have calorie goals, so this is something im' just doing on my own. haha.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]2:45 pm. meal 3. handful of raspberries and a few pieces of green pepper. just to curb my appetite as i go to the gym. ~ 100 calories.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]5:30 pm. meal 4. this is in between my two workouts today. i just got back from death workout against frank hotline. haha. good times. it ended in a draw. we traded alot of information on good technique and different exercises to do. haha. alwyas good to workout with somebody equal in size and strength for the most part. anyways i had a glass of cranberry juice with 1.5 scoops pro complex to keep me going and not fill me up TOO much, as I'm about to go jog a few miles with my moms. totals about ~380 calories. don't forget six BCAA's. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]7:30 pm. meal 5. same thing. slightly more calories. ~400 calories. carbohydrates in the form of cranberry juice ( post run this time), and ON protein. rock on i guess.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]9:15 . meal 6. 8oz ribeye steak. gangstertown, usa. i didn't eat any of the fat of course. i estimate it's around 650 calories or so. that puts me at 2155 calories for the day, almost exactly at my goal. rock on.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]RUNNING TOTAL --- 99 POINTS[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]APR 7[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]----------------------[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I'm moving my morning cardio to the evening, because on friday / saturday / sunday's now I'm going running with my mom at the park. no big deal, i'm still getting it done, and instead of being a 10 minute sprint thing, it will be a 35 minute 2 mile run. so it will just be liss cardio instead, but cardio is cardio as far as i'm concerned. getting it done is more importnat then not getting it done.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]meal 1 at 8:45 am consisted of a 2 egg omelette with a little bit of cheddar cheese, green, yellow, red peppers, pepper, and a half slice of whole wheat bread with a little bit of smart balance on it. the pan used to cook the omelette had 3/4 tbsp of olive oil, vegetable oil, and butter blend. came out great. i also took 3 BCAA's, my multivitamin, and had some green tea this morning. total calories for the morning are ~ 380. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]i work today, so no updates for a while. but meal 2 and 3 are going to be of the liquid type, i'm filling up my shaker cup with muscle milk and pro complex for 2 meals instead of just one, and will use MBV MRS for my 2nd and 3rd meals. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]meal 2 at 12:30. MRS. ~310 calories . same goes at 3:30. ~310 again. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]when i got home it was game on. handful of raspberries, scoop of protein, and a tilapia filet. time to go running. on a semi-full stomach? crap. i don't care. i was starving. it will be absorbed by the time i get to the park. ~510 calories. i'll rock it out. i always do. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]two and a half miles of jogging with my mom later, i went over to her house for dinner (meal 5) haha. yeah, i ate a lot. dried prunes, dried apricots, almonds, grilled chicken and broiled zucchini, ruby red grapefruit juice. this was my big meal of the day. i'd say ~ 900 calories or so. that's being safe. i put away some food, but it felt like about that much, i didn't go too overboard. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]from there, my friends called me and we went to the gym for a pullup contest. we were allowed to take rests but had to hit em all. i ended up getting 35 done. after that i was just exhausted and my form was dead. but it was fun!! [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]came home, and at 9:45 i had my last meal of the day to hit my calorie goal. i had 3 tablespoons of peanut butter for an even 300 calories. (publix all natural)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]so this puts me at 2200 calories for the day. rock on.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]have a happy easter.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]-------------[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]99 POINTS[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]APR 8[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]------------------[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]sundays are generally laid back for me. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]ended up going over to laurentz' house and played some scrabble and what not. good stuff.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]passed the fuck out. guess i was exhausted![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]woke up ~ 10am. meal 1 is some cereal. great grains , about 1/2 cup, and some 1% milk. ~ 300 calories or so, i didnt have a measuring cup. but i did have a teaspoon of smuckers' all natural peanut butter. so that about another 120 calories or so. starting off the morning with 400 isn't too bad. all pretty good stuff, also. i am going running later on in the day , as well. so it should be fine.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]today i'm going to replace the radiator in my car. everybody take care, and have a happy easter. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]So i'm losing a point today. Easter dinner, i'm not going to count it as one of my cheat meals. haha. that's how intense i am. I am going running tonight though. 5k tonight! (mom doesn't know it yet. haha) too bad i don't gain a point back for that.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Back from my 5k with my mom. Ate dinner. it was bigger than normal, but i'm done for the night on it. Like i said, it's easter. and i got what i deserved. i burned my tongue!!! :( poor moms was like holy crap i just ran 3.2 miles!! haha. when you really give people the confidence that they can do it, they can do anything. I'm gonna go ahead and pull another point off for my other dinner. i'm more than likely over on calories for the day, which i think i'm going to cut down to 1800. per day. fuck. this is going to suck, but i'll make it work. gotta get ready for summer.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]APR 9[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]------------------[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Well I figured since we started yesterday with happy easter, today could start with happy monday. why not, right?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I missed my morning sprints. I'm pretty bummed about last week. i didnt get any measurable gain whatsoever. physically i think i look worse. so we'll have to look over some more stuff. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I might just do steady state cardio from here on out. steady state cardio has always given me better gains when compared to high intensity. not sure why, maybe it's because of my asthma ? I will continue to do high intensity workouts, especially with weights and what not. (man makers, clean and jerk sets, etc), but i don't know about it just for cardio. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]morning man makers sound way more fun to me. :)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]morning's breakfast. 2 scoops pro complex in 1 cup organic lowfat milk, a pear, and a sugarfree redbull, vitamins and amino acids. 460 calories.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]let's roll.[/FONT]
    at school my second meal of the day was typical meal replacement shake. ~310 cals or so. at 12:15. i'll be eating again at 3:30, then again at 5:30 pre workout, but that will be just one scoop of protein. i'll have my big dinner after my workout, and then it will be just enough for a snack before bed.
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]we're doing chest today. ovt. oh crap. oh, and like 20 minutes of cardio as well. just to do it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]alright so here is how the day ended up going.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]meal 3 was at 2:45, mrs, 305 calories. meal 4, this would be my pre workout, was 2 scoops of pro complex, no muscle milk, so this was 260 calories with a bunch of water, 30 minutes before my workout.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]today's workout was good. i did some heavy OVT on the chest, went from 55's to 60's on the flat db press, and went to 50's on the decline. i was pretty impressed with that. also i used 25's for most of the flys until i was simply too burned, so i switched to the 20's. that ended up working well. i was pretty busted by the end of it all. so what does that mean?? haha. 25 minutes of treadmill, bitches!! Yeah, my buddy couldn't hang with me at all. after a 2 minute warmup at 3.5 mph to get all loosened up, I went from 6 - 7 mph for the duration of the 25 minutes. felt good. average heartrate was ~160. i had it up to 180 for about 5 min or so, felt good. i like pushing myself, but then i brought it back down because i really dont' need to push it that long for any longer than 5 min at a time. i'm still in the air as to whether i think it's healthy or not.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]either way, when i came home, dinner, meal 5, ruled. 1/2 a sweet potato, some red, yellow, and green bell peppers quartered, some broccoli, and about 30g protein from baked turkey that we made on easter. yum!! i totally rocked that stuff out, i estimate it to be ~ 500 calories total. bein super careful with the sauces and everything like that, i prefer just a little bit of garlic and pepper for my seasonings. sometimes lemon juice, but tonight not.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]so here i am at 10:00 pm for the last meal of the night, and it was a tall glass of V8 with a tablespoon of publix natural peanut butter, for an even 210 calories or so. i'm pretty tired so i'll be hitting the sack early tonight. i ended today at approximately 2040 calories. we'll see how that ends up.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]tomorrow morning i'm gonna go for a jog around my neighborhood for about 15 minutes. it will be some sprints and some other stuff, but for the most part i'll do it to get a bit of a sweat up or so. i think i want oatmeal tomorrow morning also. yuumm, oatmeal. we will see. egg sandwich on whole wheat sounds good also. dang, i'm still hungry! welcome to cutting diets :/ . . [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]CURRENT POINTS ------ 96 POINTS[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]APR 10[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]---------------[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]No, seriously, i do.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]woke up well, but the stupid alarm had to be going off for hours on end. hahaha. oh well, that's what happens sometimes when you're exhausted. -1 point for no morning fasted exercise, even though when i did it last week, i gained weight and fat. lol.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I ate a decently big breakfast. 7:30am. 3 eggs fried in some smart balance, and a quaker oatmeal package. good stuff. don't forget multi vitamins and a good bit of water. I'm out of BCAA's though!! :( I'll have to grab some this friday i guess. they make a difference for me. meal 1 caloric total i estimated at 510 calories. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]i think from here, i'll probably have another meal at 10:00, this will be pre workout protein. today i'm doing biceps and legs , as well as 15 minutes of cardio. i'm going to try and kill myself with the legs though. be hardly walking at the end of it. hahaha. i'll have just a bit of protein before for meal 2, probably under 200 calories. meal 3 i think i'll come back home and eat the other half to this sweet potato, and some salmon. yum. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]well, i gotta get to class. hope everyone has a great day.[/FONT]

alright, so today at the gym i did some biceps ovt and legs. i'm going later on tonight with my buddy frank, i'm going to do cardio and abs then. so it should be a nice split for the day. i was curling 35's this week! that's a new high for me. hooray. up from 30's last week. OVT has really helped my biceps. so i guess that's good? legs i put up 310 lbs 30 times. that was pretty intense. 3x10 of course. with 10 body weight squats in between. not too bad. im pretty blasted. calf raises afterwards also.

meal 2, my lunch post-workout at 11:45, was another big meal. but it was post workout so whatever. i'll eat light for the rest of the day so i don't blow out my calories. i had the other 1/2 of the sweet potato (my new favorite starch ), a tall glass of V8, and almost a 8oz portion of salmon. huge!! i loved it. i estimate it to be around ~ 600 calories for my lunch. i could have eaten more of the salmon but i put it in the fridge for later. but man do i love fish. i could eat fish every day!! it's awesome that it tastes flipping awesome and it's healthy for you. but i guess oncce you get used to how oversweetened everything is, everything healthy tastes pretty good :)

meals 3 and 4 will definitely be MRS. more than likely they will be cut down in size to keep the calories to about 200 on each one. meal 5 will be while tutoring, around say, 8:00 pm or so. it will be simply 1 scoop of pro complex for another pre workout deal. i'll be doing i want to say 15-25 minutes of cardio and a pretty strict abs routine around ~ 9pm tonight. a little late, but whatever, gotta get it done!!

when i get home tonight i'll finish that salmon and probably have some veggies with it, and that should wrap up my night for around 2100 calories or so. if i'm lucky maybe i'll get to throw in a few almonds! won't know for sure until i get my food scale, but that's not coming anytime soon, so i think i'm gonna have almonds anyway :)

alright, peace.
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]meal 3 - 2:45 pm. mrs lite. ~210 calories or so.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]CURRENT TOTAL ------- 95 POINTS[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]APR 11 [/FONT]
    -------------------

So after being pretty tired after my run and exercise and everything yesterday, I took full advantage of being able to sleep in on wednesdays. Breakfast went well, I had 2 scoops of pro complex, 3/4 cup of milk, 1 cup of Fiber All cereal. all total I think it was around 520 calories or so. This was at 10:15 a.m.

I'll have a few shakes today, and then I'm going to the gym. The good one. Probably with my buddy frank today. I think we're going to be doing shoulders today. So that would mean cleans and deadlifts! I love doing cleans. But we might do back instead. we will see. I'm actually pretty sore all over, legs and butt are sore as crap from yesterday, chest and bi's are sore, i think the only part of me that isn't sore is back. So i think today I'm going to do back, and tomorrow will be shoulders, cleans, the works. hmm. ok, i like the sound of that a little bit. It also means i'll be hitting the gym in the middleo f the day tomorrow. Whatever, it works.

I'll be eating at 1:00, 3:30, 5:15 (pre workout) and then whenever my post workout is, as well as having a snack lateron in the night. I don't have it planned out at all, yet, all i know is that it should be pretty good. I'm thinking today for my cardio I will do renegade man makers, that's what the schedule has planned. those are always alot more cardio / full body intensive than they are absolute full weight intensive. whatever, maybe i'll run some more! Maybe i'll best my 5k time! hahahahaha. no f'ing clue. I have to try and beat 35 pullups today. we will see.

alright, i'll be tutoring from 3:30 - 5pm today. kinda a weak shift if i remember correctly. so i think i'll try to get some physics homework done in the meantime.
    take care gang!

1pm and 3:30 meals were typical MRS, with ~ 320 calories in each or so. my 5:15 pre workout was 260 calories, straight ON pro complex.

Workout was only alright. I mean i got a hell of a workout, but I think i could have done better if my friend didnt tag along, but sometimes you have to workout with friends. so it's all good. i still managed to push myself so hard that I almost passed out, because i was low on carbs during the day.

Dinner was flipping awesome. I came home and had some steak with sauteed mushrooms and onions. a smidget of flour, 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, and some water formed the basis of the sauce. and reduced onions and mushrooms provided the rest, with a little bit of vinegar. I had about a 6oz steak with some sliced bruschetta style tomatos, 1 cup of brown rice, and the onions and mushrooms. along with a homemade dark chocolate and almond turtle, and some almonds. Way over on calories, but post workout, so that's not too terrible. I assume the meal was about 1100 calories or so. after that my nighttime snack was 1 tbsp of natural peanut butter. so i ended up the day at 2510 calories. Still in deficit territory, so i'm safe! And i got the right number of meals in! SO i think i'm good.

I'm excited about tomorrow. I'm doing clean and jerks, and deadlifts. full body stuff. When i get done with that, i'll do 20 minutes of low intensity cardio as well. I'm thinking about doing the rowing machine for cardio. not sure. I'll figure it out. I wanna keep it new, alwyas gotta keep it new. I might go to the gym during the middle of the day , instead of at night. I don't even know. gotta keep it new. Oh, and I bought oatmeal. yay for tomorrow's meal. Since i'm going to be doing heavy lifting tomorrow, and alot of compounded movements, I'm going to eat oatmeal, eggs, and milk tomorrow morning!! haha, it will be close to 600 calories for breakfast, i think. But it will pay off, because I'm gonna hit the gym hard! See ya'll tomorrow.

95 points -----------------------------

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]APR 12[/FONT]
    --------------------------------------
    So here we are. I manage to wake up mad early and i STILL end up late to class. Some things will never change. ever. ever. ever. ever. ever. hahahahahaha. But luckily, most things can.
    Breakfast was at 7:30, and it was 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal (SOOOO GOOOOD) with cinnamon and splenda. i also fried 3 eggs in 1 tbsp of smart balance. a nice 510 calorie breakfast, don't forget the sugarfree redbull and the multivitamins and tons of water! hahahaha. can't ever forget that stuff.
    So i had my morning classes, everything went well, i got to tell the class i was bipolar, lol, that was funny. anyways, i had my 10:30 am pre-workout shake that was 2 scoops pro complex for 260 calories, and i'm about to leave for the gym. today is heavy complex movement day. should be good. I think my abs are gonna get their asses kicked today also. either today or rtomorrow. not sure. depends how i feel. actually the more i think about it, i think i'm gonna do them tomorrow afternoon. tomorrow will be chest again i guess. not sure. blah.
    oh and today, i woke up feeling REALLY lean. hooray.
    take care people.
    yeah, workout was pretty f'ing intense. that's all there is to that. deadlifts, clean+jerks, rowing challenge. ugh. freaking awesome.

meal 3 was a really good one. a steak, some whole wheat pasta, some v8. i over estimate this one to be around 520 cals.

meal 4 was awesome too. two turkey burgers, some v8, and a smidget of spicy mustard. i'm on a roll today with the real food!! who needs shakes! hahaha. being close to home freaking rules. ~ 375 cals.
    anyways, if i can scrounge up some gas money, i'll be driving to the north campus for differential equations for the evening. maybe i won't make it, and instead just study at home. i could do that just as well. usually all i do in that class is stare at the girls,( incredible actually hot girls ina high level math class), and yet still I have a 95% in the class.
    so meal 5 was a single scoop of muscle milk. 180 cals this was on my way to hang out with some friends. from there, about 7 unsweet teas later i headed home for my last meal of the day.
    meal 6 - 330 calories - 1/2 cup of almonds and 1.3 tbsp of peanut butter.

95 points -----------------------------

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]APRIL 13[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]-------------------[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I'm tired. ugh. and i'm frickin sore. Work was pretty good. now i'm going to do my exercise for the day. running 2 miles and also doing 20 man makers. ugh. what a workout. with a sore back. oh well, gotta do it. here's how the meal breakdown went today.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]meal 1 - 1/2 cup oatmeal with splenda and cinnamon, and three eggs cooked in smart balance. 515 calories. (9:15am)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]meal2 - mbv mrs. a little more than normal. 330 calories. (noon)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]meal3 - mbv mrs. a little more than normal. 330 calories. (230pm)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]meal4 - tomato, cucumber, radish,a bunch of fat free feta cheese and vinegar mixed together with spices as a salad, with 1/2 cup almonds. 450 calories. (445pm)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]meal5 - 1.3 cups whole wheat spaghetti with a little asprin, and 3 oz of grape juice. 250 calories. (600pm)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]now i'm going to workout. i'm really dragging today. i'm supposed to go out with a friend tonight, and get obliterated as well. oh god. so i'm at 1875 calories, which means i can have 275 calories worth of drinks. straight shots on the rocks, and alcohol with diet coke , tonight. I'll take a point off cause i know i'm gonna go over.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]take care gang.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]April 14- [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]perfect day on diet, missed my exercise. -1 point.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]April 15 - [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]perfect day on diet, and excellent workout as well. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]sorry, super busy right now. I picked up some ON 100% Whey gold standard 5 lb jar for 30 bucks. yay. we will see how this stuff does. my new favorite post workout meal / shake is 1.5 cups of organic fat free milk with 40g of ON whey. yay.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]i'm out of BCAA's again. need more. that shit works wonders.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]worked out with 60 lb dumbbells for my flat db press chest ovt. triceps hate me today also. abs, and cardio as well. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]tomorrow is biceps and legs OVT i think. we will see.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]APRIL 16[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]-------------------[/FONT]

[/FONT]
    starting the day off i did pretty well. 12 oz of organic non fat milk with 2 scoops of ON gold standard. this was ~10am. good for about 380 calories. it's now 12:30 and i'm done with meal 2. 2 scoops of gold standard. meals 3 4 5 will also be shakes. this sucks, but my days at school are alwyas really difficult to get good food in me. workout will be legs, biceps and cardio. if i get to the gym in time. if i dont get in time it will only be legs and biceps. who knows.
    doin good though. comin up on finals week. tryin my best.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]APRIL 17 [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]---------------------------[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]what's up everybody. super busy these days.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]between my projects for school, finals, work, exercise, dieting, everything, and yet finding time to do laundry and go out with friends, i'm making it happen.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]9:00 am. breakfast. 1/2 cup oatmeal, 3 tablespoons nonfat organic milk, cinnamon and splenda. 2 scoops of gold standard whey in 1.5 cups organic milk.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]total damage = 590 calories. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]at 10:45 i had a cupcake from school. cute girl brought them in. had to!!! just one. i estimate it to be around 300 calories. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]1pm and I just finished my lunch or whatever. cup of steamed broccoli and 2 scoops of protein with water. i also took two BCAA's and some redline (energy, i'm lagging, got alot of studyign to do etc)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]my legs are really freaking sore today. hooray for good leg workouts.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]my weight this morning was 146.4. i will weigh myself every morning with my new health-o-meter scale!! hooray!! hahaha. it does water hydration levels and bodyfat percentages also. It says i'm 13.5% bodyfat. holy crap!! my skinfold says i'm about 10%. i need to get myself tested or something, get a density scan. i'll talk to my doctor, lol.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]i don't get home until almost 9pm tonight, so the rest of my carbs are going to be from meal replacement shakes and stuff. damnit. oh well. i'm huuuuuuungry too!! [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]but we haven't lost any points today.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]APR 20. minus 2 points for not posting updates the last few days.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]but i've been keeping tabs on everything. everything.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]and i'm doing well.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]APRIL 24 ---------------[/FONT]

I'm back!!!!

Alright, So I had to go out of town for a few days because I was one of the members of my college's Math Olympics team. haha. Don't make fun!! Math is awesome!! We ended up not placing, but I did make the second highest score for my team out of a team of 7. so, not too bad. I'm happy with how I did, considering I had a bunch of other classes to be studying for as well.

I used one of my allowed cheat meals during the trip, because the whole group went out to applebees. I ended up getting a cocktail with a crispy orange chicken skillet. I destroyed the chicken and vegetables, but didn't eat a whole lot of the rice, so I didn't cheat as bad as I could have, either Way I accounted for it.
    for each night that we spent at the La Quinta, I was able to use their treadmill and exercise equipment to give myself a good workout while away from my normal gym. One day I did upper body chest / shoulders with a sprinted 1 mile run, good for 25 minutes of total intensity, i was drenched in sweat when it was all said and done. The very next morning I ended up running a 5k. So i was staying very active and was managing to eat properly throughout the thing.

The final day of the competition I decided to use my SECOND cheat meal that I"m allowed (see before i had been subtracting points the entire time.) The entire group and all the competing school's team members all had a group breakfast. that went well, and it sort of cheated because of just the nature of the food, and I wanted to seem as normal as the rest. Lunch however, I got back on track.

Anyway, when I got back into town we went out that night, and I danced it up on the dance floor at a local greek taverna at international night. they played arabic and greek music all night!! I love that kind of music, and I was definitely at home with it. good times indeed.

The following day I ended up running 2.5 miles with my mom while doing the fitness course (pushups, pull ups, hurdles, jumps, knees to elbows, etc , while running the course) so i got a heck of a workout.

It's paying off, as well!! Yesterday I did my chest workout with a pair or 65LB dumbbells, up from 60 the previous week, and I can now bang off 10 pullups no question!! In fact, I need to buy a weight belt so that I can strap more weight to myself in order to increase my back strength while still doing pullups!

Today's workout was better also. I did a pretty intense circuit consisting of:
    10 x 10 pull up / push up
    followed by
    20 thrusters @ 65lb bar
    followed by
    20 deadlifts @ 65 lb bar

REST
    repeat with 8x8 , 15 , 15
    and then 6x6 , 10 , 10

followed by ten more pullups. Holy cow, in about 23 minutes, I was completely ruined!! It took me almost 8 full minutes to catch my breath by the end of the whole thing.

I've been eating excellently, and I'd say that the increases in strength and endurance that I've seen have been a direct result of that. In addition, my chest looks a little bit larger these days, and my abs are just as defined as before. My total weight has gone up to approximately 147 lbs, so it looks like I have gained strength while lost weight.. that means I must have lost only fat!!! Would make sense, wouldn't it?!?

for my huge hiatus from this site, i've decided to deduct 1 point for not keeping up with it. but my school comes first, and I know you all understand.

pics of progress coming soon!!

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]APRIL 24 --------------

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Ok, so today went awesome. ate well, worked out increidbly hard, studied well, everything went awesome.
    tomorrow i'm going to kill myself with some OVT leg training. and i'll probably do biceps also. yep. i'll do that. sounds good.

oh, and i got a moped <3. and i got it running, and almost killed myself on it already. hahahahahhahahaha.
    [/FONT]

minus three points for not updating... i've been too busy playing with the scooter.. hahahaha.

APRIL 27-----
    haven't messed up
    such a baller
    damn i looked good in the mirror today

April 28-----

ate well, but cheated at night. -1 point

April 29-----

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Ok, ran six miles today. ate perfect. everything went well. made up for yesterday. actually had a hell of a workout, etc. lots of pullups, one legged squats, all sorts of stuff in addition.

April 30 ------

breakfast was 1/2 cup oatmeal, 2 eggs with cayenne pepper, and some v8.
    lunch 1 was muscle milk
    lunch 2 was muscle milk
    then i had my workout . chest OVT. workin with 65's well now.. so i'm going up to 70's next week ( the final week of my OVT program )
    post workout meal was a 16oz orange dream machine shake from jamba juice with 2 extra protein blasts
    bcaa's throughout the day.
    i've also started taking a fish oil pill supplement, 1000mg omega-3s twice a day, three times a day on weightlifting days. hopefully this will help also.
    dinner i had shrimp salad with no sugar no oil dressing, consisting of a couple different vinegars, and a dash or two of tabasco sauce. oh[j, an i guess 1/4 teeaspoon of sesame oil, so that acounts for some fat and oil. not more than 25 calories worth though. hardly worth anything.
    for nighttime before bed i had 8oz of fat free organic milk, 1 scoop of ON whey gold standard and 1 tablespoon of peanut butter. i can't say no to peanut butter. i absolutely love the stuff. i seriously love peanut butter.

this concludes my 100 challenge. 86 points for my first shot. not too bad. i can get better.

[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]---------------- 86 POINTS[/FONT]

#17 mattback, Mar 28, 2007
  18. tensdanny

tensdanny Well-Known Member

GOAL: Eat clean every single meal

COMMENT: My goal is to prove to myself that I can set a plan for myself and follow through with it

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Monday: Upper Body Push Lifts, Afternoon Cardio
    Tuesday: Personal Conditioning class, Afternoon Cardio
    Wednesday: Lower Body Lifts, Afternoon Cardio
    Thursday: Personal Conditioning class
    Friday: Upper Body Pull lifts, Afternoon Cardio
    Saturday : Rest

MEAL SCHEDULE
    5 meals per day during the week
    (breakfast shake, turkey sandwich, walnut snack, chicken sandwich, fish oil and cottage cheese)
    3 meals per day during the weekend
    (breakfast shake, mcdonalds premium grilled chicken salad, family dinner)

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 210

END STATS
    WEIGHT:

DAILY LOG

APR 1: Went to work, ate my salad, did my hw, etc. Now i've got to go put down one more delicious meal and the weekend is over. [100 Pts]

APR 2: Broke from my plan by choice. No excuses for it. It's been an extremely rough day, though. [99 pts]

APR 3: I am really hungry despite doing my day to the T. [99 pts]

PERSONAL REASONS I STOPPED.

April 10th (starting over) - [100 pts]
    Had the perfect workout today as well as a dynamite day of eating. The hardest part about my cutting diet is getting all the food down. It is quite a hefty sum. I think I need to add more shoulder work to my routine. I do not want to end up lacking in that area.

April 11th - [100 pts]
    I am having a pretty good day exercise wise. I really did not want to get up and drive 30 minutes (on a good day) to go to school because it was a fricking blizzard, but I took a moment to reflect on it all, and then I went and gutted it out. I crave a PBJ sandwich. I'll probably fit one into my diet tomorrow.

April 12th - [100 pts]
    I feel invincible and very strong after leaving the gym today. That was one hell of a back workout. I think even while cutting my strength is going to increase tremendously using this workout routine.

April 15th - [100 pts]
    Boy, updating this thing over the weekend is going to be tough because I am rarely at my computer. I have torn up the gym and the diet lately. I have gone a week straight of 100% perfectly clean and am feeling good. I reloaded after a weak leg day in the gym, and am feeling great! Tomorrow is going to be a long but rewarding day.

April 16th - [100 pts]
    I am enjoying my cutting diet because the food is delicious. Taking the time to prepare healthy meals will result in a very satisfied stomach. It just takes the time and dedication to prepare them. Also, I am dropping weight quickly. So far I am on schedule for 3 pounds in 7 days from last saturday to this saturday.

#18 tensdanny, Mar 29, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  19. DonCT

DonCT Active Member

Sure, why not!! I've only got 3 months to reach my goal, so maybe this will help push me. Nobody wants to see a flabby running around Aruba :D

COMMENT: I would like to continue the fat loss and get to 205 while preserving as much LBM as possible.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    I'm going to be following the ABBHT I with 45 min. cardio on the off days.

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Six meals per day, one cheat meal per week. <---- BIG KEY FOR ME!!!

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 216
    BODY FAT: 18
    ARMS: TBD
    CALVES: TBD
    CHEST: TBD
    FOREARMS: TBD
    HIPS: TBD
    THIGHS: TBD
    WAIST: TBD

END STATS
    WEIGHT: 211 -5
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS:
    CALVES:
    CHEST:
    FOREARMS:
    HIPS:
    THIGHS:
    WAIST:

DAILY LOG
    April 1-
    Got 6 good meals in. No workout sched. 100
    April 2- On my way to to getting 6 meals in. As long as I can get 2 before I get to work everyday, 6 should be easy to reach. This week is decompression week from the gym and eating maintenance to reset met, so no weights scheduled. We'll still be doing cardio so....... Cardio complete. Still need to get my measurements done. 100
    April 3- 2 meals in, 4 more planned at work. Did cardio this afternoon (neighborhood walk). I'll deduct a point since I STILL haven't gotten my measurements...... 99
    April 4-
    Meals good. Went running in the morning. 99
    April 5-
    Missed my meal before bed :( Everything else good today. I got on the scale this morning and had actually dropped to 213!!! SWEET!!!!! 98
    April 6-
    Fridays are always interesting for me. It's my "swing" day where I try to adjust back to a day schedule for the weekend. Got up early (12 P.M.) and had 1 meal. Then I had to shrink my timeline down for the others. Managed to get 5 meals in, which isn't too bad. -1 Went for a walk with my fiance. 97
    April 7- missed update
    Food intake was ok. Got 6 meals in, alittle higher cal than I would have liked. 97
    April 8-
    Meals on track. No workout scheduled. Starting ABBH 1 97
    April 9-
    Cutting calories back down to 2300. Started ABBH 1 workout. 10x3's are HARD!!! 97
    April 10-
    I really need to find a replacement for bread carbs. I seem to eat alot more than I should. Did some HIIT on the tread today and was totally gassed. Good workout. 97
    April 11-
    Second workout on ABBH. We had to change the front squats to regular back squat. Fronts were just too wierd and we weren't comfortable doing them. Still a good workout. Managed to keep my HR in the 120's :) Meals good. I may try and cut a few more cals to try and get to my goal of 200. I've been hovering around 213-214 for the past couple days or so. I've had plenty of energy, so I think I can stand to cut a little more. 97
    April 12-
    Meals good, doing cardio after work. 97
    April 13-
    Going to be short on meals today. I got up late and won't be able to fit 6 in. Went to the gym and did dips/chins. Damn chins were hard!!!! I can't wait to see improvement on those. 96
    April 14- Missed update. 95
    April 15-
    Food on track. Missed the damn update yesterday. We went to the gym and did dip/chins again. I'll get back on track with the workout tomorrow. I got my first complement on my change yesterday also. They said they noticed a difference in my chest!! :flex: 95
    April 16-
    Meals good. Did deads, decline situps, and seated calf at the gym. Deads kicked my butt!!! 95
    April 17-
    Meals good. Going to do cardio after work. 95
    April 18-
    PHEWW!!!! Just made the update!! Started the second week of ABBH I and I can tell you that 10x4 @ 80% 1RM is kickin my BUTT!!!! Good work out though. I'm already starting to notice alittle more definition. Meals good. Trying to hit 2000 cals to keep the fat loss going. It's tough!!!! I love pasta too much, but I've managed to stay away from it :) 95
    April 19- Meals good. Did outdoor cardio since the weather is finally turning mild. Did some warm up laps then did 100/100 splits. 95
    April 20-
    Going to hit meals, all be it small ones. Good work out at the gym. 95
    April 21- Missed update 94

April 22- Meals good. Kinda gettin tired of turkey burgers...... Work out scheduled for the morning. 94
    April 23-
    Wow, the month is almost gone!!! Hovering around 211-212. Wish I could break that 210 barrier!! Oh well. Meals good, work out kicked my butt. I did my first set of unassisted dips :flex: 94
    April 24-
    Feeling super pumped for some reason today. Good 45 min cardio. Meals good. 94
    April 25-
    Deads again today. Great workout, feeling much stronger. Got another compliment on how much I'm slimming down. Weight today, 211!! 1 more till I hit the 210 mark!!!!! 94
    April 26-
    Going to be short on meals today. I'm swinging back to days for the weekend early. Did cardio at home on the elliptical. 93
    April 27- Missed update -1 92
    April 28- Missed update -1
    But it was a good miss. Went to Yankee Stadium to take in a game. There was much beer, many hotdogs, excellent baseball :) 91
    April 29-
    Trying to get back on track after the horrible food weekend. I'm extremely bloated, but will be doing some cardio to start burning the crap off. 91
    April 30- Final DAY!!!
    Feeling stronger than ever. Started get alot of complements on the changes I've made. I don't know if I'll be able to get down to 200 by June, since I'm currently at 211. My new goal for the end of May is 205. I'm going to recalculate calories and really start pushing the cardio. I've been seeing really good muscle growth with the ABBH I workout. I actually REALLY like the setup. It's quick, easy, and straight to the point. I can get in and out of the gym in as quick as 35 minutes!!! We're getting ready to start the flipside of ABBH I, so hopefully I can continue to make gains. My goal is to do atleast 1 unassisted pull up. I've already gotten the unassisted dips, so I'm really happy about that. I'll be taking progress pictures this week and will post them in my journal. Hopefully the changes are evident :) FINAL POINT TALLY 91 Not to bad I guess for my first challenge.

#19 DonCT, Mar 29, 2007
  20. Hambo

Hambo Active Member

GOAL: Just trading some fat for muscle. I don't expect any net weight change.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
    Every other day on a 3-day split workout, with 30 minutes of cardio after.

MEAL SCHEDULE
    Modest meals, no sweets, no fast food.

STARTING STATS
    WEIGHT: 175
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS: 13
    CHEST: 41
    HIPS: 37
    THIGHS: 21½
    WAIST: 36

END STATS
    WEIGHT: 169
    BODY FAT:
    ARMS: 13
    CHEST: 42
    HIPS: 36
    THIGHS: 21
    WAIST: 34

DAILY LOG

APR 01
    Did a 'general' workout to get myself started, and was a little embarassed at how much I've slipped. I had to go down in weight on some exercises, got only 2 sets in on some others. Only made 20 minutes of my cardio, and thought my heart would explode. This only goes to support the emphasis of this challenge: Consistency is critical. Still, I showed up. [100]

APR 02
    It was my intention to hit the gym tonight with a vengeance, but that's not going to happen now. I've worked an after-hours support call for the last 3 hours, without any appreciable effect. The only exercise I expect to get tonight is the ab workout I'll receive from rocking myself and whimpering, “Mommy, mommy, mommy...” until sunrise. The 'poke' test suggests that my upper body has been adequately worked, despite my somewhat disappointing workout yesterday. Nevertheless, I don't forfeit a point unless I miss my date at the gym tomorrow. My dinner will be low-cal tonight, unless I burn a few running around my apartment complex shrieking, “Why me?! Why me?!”. I could burn a few more calories doing it without clothes (it's still very cold at night in Anchorage). [100]

APR 03
    Missed my workout in a big way tonight, don't care to elaborate. Were I to explain, I'm sure I'd deserve clemancy, but it's worth a point not to. That bites particularly hard, because I know full-well I can't do anything tomorrow, either, so today has been a two-fer. Couldn't be helped, I'm clear of conscience. But getting a perfect 100 my first time around is now an impossibility. [99]

APR 04
    No workout for me tonight, having bet the farm on working out last night. Ding! [98]

APR 05
    An unlikely night for me, I managed to show up for a late-night workought. The place was deserted, I was the only one there, apart from a bored employee reading a magazine. Happily, I opted for back-and-bi, for which I have no immidiate need for a spotter. [98]

APR 06
    Night off tonight, and I need it. Hard week, and I'm feeling the effects of my workout last night. I'm afraid that the my efforts on my biceps will result in soreness that will impede my workout tomorrow. I'm been massaging all day, but I think I might have over-done it a little. I get carried away with biceps, because that it what I desire the most. I forgot my supplements last night. I don't know where my head was, I even measured them out. Terrible, considering I'm Creatine-loading. Minus one. [97]

APR 07
    Did chest-and-tri today. I forgot my gloves, which was bad, because some of the machines could use slightly bigger handles. They threaten to bruise my hands, after several sets it really kills. Before next time, I'm going to cut a stick of 'pipe-wrap' (foam insulation for plumbing) into 12" lengths and cram them on those rascals, should work just awesome. [97]

APR 08
    The Easter Bunny didn't visit me today, and that's probably for the best. My Easter basket traditionally contained not only candy, but bottles of expensive booze, and gift certificates for decadent food, none of which is in my meal plan. Still, being single on the holidays, verily, sucks ass. I'll vent these feelings at the gym tomorrow, with a vengeance. :( [97]

APR 09
    Today was my 'leg' workout, and I found it wanting. My employer has endowed me with legs of blue steel, God bless 'em. My obsession is with upper body. I wasn't ready to go home yet, considering the willpower required just to get me there. My arms felt left out, so I gave them some attention, as an afterthought. This workout schedule is bust, so I'm changing it. From here on out it's alternated 'pullers and pushers', with a general leg workout every time. I'm not docking myself for this, since I consider this change an improvement. [97]

APR 10
    Nothing happening tonight, hitting the rack early since I'm working the 6am shift this week, and have a bad habit of shorting myself on sleep when I work 'The Six'. Did some abs on a whim. I HATE abs! So much pain and effort to see any results at all... Forgot to take my supplements again, dang it... Minus one. [96]

APR 11
    Almost didn't make my workout tonight, put it off for hours before I finally went. Had to shut off my brain and drive there on 'auto-pilot'. Got some really searing negatives in. It was super-crowded tonight, hard to get a turn at some equipment, folks getting in one another's way. There's a lot to be said for going in to wee hours of the morning. [96]

APR 12
    Definitely feel the effects of last night's workout. Those negatives make all the difference. I forgot to take my improvised pads for those dang machines, ouch! At least I had my gloves. [96]

APR 13
    Hit the gym on my way home from work. Finished in record time, since I've got it down to a routine. I was very lucky, despite the fact it was very crowded, every machine just happened to come free right when I needed it. [96]

APR 14
    Day off, going to a concert tonight. I intend to steer clear of all the fancy snacks that will surely tempt me tonight, since I've already eaten an extravagant breakfast. I've put on a couple of pounds, and would like to see a net loss of 5 pounds by the end of this challenge. Forgot to take my supplements again last night. Dang! [95]

APR 15
    Missed my update last night. Opted for an alternative workout today, lugging 12 tires (on wheels) from my parents back yard to the front, some of which had to be chipped out of a lake of ice. I've been home for an hour now, I'm still trembling with exhastion. I thought, "How am I going to possibly do the gym now?". Gym my ass. Arms, back, chest, legs, cardio, glutes in particular. I've been worked. Nice and neat, all in one dirty, cold, wet, sweaty, frustrating afternoon. All I have to do is take my supplements, and I'm done. [94]

APR 16
    I'm so glad it's an off-day. Between getting beaten within an inch of my life by Darvonia, and carrying all those wheels, I'm so sore I can hardly move, especially my legs, buns and lower back. I've been hobbling around the office hunched over like Ozzy. I'm thinking a couple of Big Mac's might help, but I'm fighting the urge. [94]

APR 17
    Feeling better today, everything but my lower back. Next fall I'm going to urge my parents to store the tires somewhere else. Wore a belt for my whole workout (except for abs and cardio), just for a little insurance. [94]

APR 18
    Night off, had a modest dinner. It wasn't my intention to lose any weight, but the many-small-meals strategy seems to work really well. I wouldn't mind being at 170lbs by the end of this. [94]

APR 19
    Didn't make the gym, stayed up super late on an outside computer job. I'm not too worried about it, since I've been doing a lot of heavy lifting at the office lately recycling obsolete computer gear. [93]

APR 20
    Night off. Did some barbell exercises in front of the computer. [93]

APR 21
    Finally remembered to take my improvised grips for those punishing machines. It worked quite well, no abuse to my delicate little hands. [93]

APR 22
    Day off from the gym. Went to a BBQ and ate half a cow. Didn't eat any of the sweets, just slab after slab of lowing ruminant. I went totally caveman, didn't even use any silverware. It was so good. [93]

APR 23
    Had a good workout, apart from the fact that I hurt my elbow. It was stupid, in general I've been impatient and easily frustrated lately, wanting too much too fast. Ouch! [93]

APR 24
    Another night off from the gym, and I'm glad, because I'm wiped. Worked our 1000-user computer Help Desk by myself this morning, and I'm mentally exhausted. Plus my elbow is freakin' killing me. I don't know what I'm going to do at the gym tomorrow without the use of one arm. Legs, I guess. [93]

APR 25
    Worked legs tonight. Elbow feels much better, but I'm not pushing it. [93]

APR 26
    Ate quite badly last night - two huge servings of pasta in cream sauce. I wouldn't deduct a point if it had been only one serving, and if it hadn't made me too sick to go to work today! It was really stupid, I'm not used to food like that anymore. [92]

APR 27
    It's starting to look like I'm not going to make my work out, no real good reason. Got home late, feel listless and tired, stomach is still not quite right from Wednesday's dietary tragedy, and I have a busy evening ahead of me. I suck! Perhaps I'll make the gym tomorrow, if only to assuage my guilty conscience. [91]

APR 28
    I did make my workout, although I did it in street-clothes. The gym was within walking distance of the place where I was getting my oil changed, so I just up and did it! [91]

APR 29
    Good workout yesterday, my whole upper body has been well-worked. I'm proud of the meals I've had today, low carbs, lot's of protein. [91]

APR 30
    Last day, and that's a wrap. For reasons unrelated to The Challenge, I worked extra-hard tonight. My measurements are disappointing. Some have moved in the wrong direction. I'm going to disregard them in May's Challenge. My arms in particular look better, contrary to the tape-measure. They're actually pretty scary. I suppose I don't care about numbers as much as overall aesthetics. For me, that is what this is all about. [91]

#20 Hambo, Mar 29, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.