1. JSF is shutting down on February 12, 2020. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

jko vs Marcman vs Nico

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by Nico, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

Challenge dates: July 1, 2004-October 31, 2004

Categories:
    1. Best improvement in overall athletic appearance.
    2. Best transformation relative to starting point.
    3. Best physique in the end

Poses:
    1. Front, full body, unflexed
    2. Front double biceps
    3. Side, full body, unflexed
    4. Back, full body, unflexed
    5. Back double biceps

Judging will be based on votes from forum members through surveys conducted after 10/31/04. Judging should be on the basis of muscle mass, definition, symmetry, and overall asthetics. Hopefully John Stone will provide his unique insight in helping to judge the challenge. Forum members should feel free to post constructive comments and/or predictions during and after the challenge. Updated photos should be submitted on August 1 and September 1. May the best man win. :db:

#1 Nico, Jun 29, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2004
  2. Marcman

Marcman Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me. I'll take some new pics tomorrow morning and post them sometime tomorrow. August 1st is a day after I get back from a 1 week trip to canada, so I might go early on those pics. I'm excited though! :D Let's kick some ass!

3. jk0

jk0 Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

sweet! good job on putting this together nico. cant wait to get started :spaz:

4. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

Josh, can you set up a page on your fitness site to host our photos? Then we can show a few photos on JSF but have the majority on your site so we can use larger file sizes. There's no reason not to make the images as large as possible, within reason.

I think I want my full body pic's to be at least 800 pixels in height. On JSF, 400-500 is about as tall as an image should be posted to a forum, except if it's a hot chick.

5. jk0

jk0 Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Yep, Ill try to have that done tonight sometime :db:

6. Marcman

daDude: still with us?

7. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

Nico's July 1 pics

Here are my July 1 starting pics-- Challenge on. I had to wear the white boxer briefs cuz I had no clean black ones. My junk was showing a little so I had to do some rudimentary photoshopping.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. DavidBerger

DavidBerger Well-Known Member

MAN!, when you are gonna be done with the cutting phase, YOU ARE SO GONNA BE FREAKIN SUPER SHREDDED.... your lean mass is real significant in chest and biceps.

9. Marcman

ya honestly. you are going to be enormous by the end of this. I took some pics today but need to photoshop them later tonight and post them - however, i might make the pic of my back black and white cause i seem to be having a horrible allergic reaction to some strawberries. I have a huge, raised rash covering my entire back which has been there all day.

Nico: you should send the originals of those to jk0 if you modified them at all because he will post them in their original/enormous size so we get lots of detail. at least i thought that was the plan. i'll have some newer pics up here even though i dont want to. damned gut.

10. Marcman

So I took some pics, but my photoshop has gone insane. I'll get them posted and emailed to jk0 as soon as possible

11. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

Hey thanks man...that's funny you should mention biceps because I consider mine to be extremely small. But hey I'll take the compliment.

I just worked legs with my wife but unfortunately we had to eat Little Caesar's afterwards while doing laundry. I only had 2 and a half pieces though which showed restraint. In my former days I would've eaten 7 or 8 pieces, then washed it down with several cokes or beers. I just drank 8 oz of juice and a shitload of water to make me feel full instead.

12. jk0

jk0 Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

jk0's pictures

Here are my pictures:

#12 jk0, Jul 4, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2006
  13. daDUDE

daDUDE Well-Known Member

i get the digital camera tommarow then i post :-) srry for my inconvience.

14. Marcman

apart from my photoshop being broken, my father is not a very good photographer. Here's what I got. p.s. the pic i took of my back unflex is not usable due to an insane rash i got from eating too many strawberries :o Hopefully we can live without that one

Attached Files:

#14 Marcman, Jul 6, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2004
  15. Marcman

and here is how i WISHED i looked

Attached Files:

#15 Marcman, Jul 6, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2004
  16. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

That just shows how much bad lighting can change an image. Your contest photos look to have been shot under the worst possible conditions, and the result is harsh whiteness.

The other pics had some softer overhead lighting that made you look much more tan. Or maybe at the time you were much more tan.

For your next set you need to get the photographer to get your whole body in the shot and pose in front of a solid background.

17. Marcman

heh im doing my best. Hopefully, I'll be in much better shape in a month and the lighting wont matter as much. So far, things are looking good, with my meatball sub that I had for lunch. I'm so weak :o

18. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

What do you do for back exercises? Your upper back is pretty well developed.

19. Marcman

originally in my initial major cutting stage, 3 times a week i was doing 3 sets of far grip pulldowns to my chest, 3 sets behind my neck.

these days i've been doing once a week warmup + 3 sets of pulldowns to my chest, 2 or 3 sets of closegrip pulldowns, 2 sets of cable rows and 1 set of dumbell rows

this week im going to switch up my workout. for back, i'm going to switch to 2 sets of bent over barbell rows, 2 sets of closegrip pulldowns, 2 sets of lightly weighted pullups (10lbs is probably all i can do for a while), 1 set of cable rows, and 2 sets of deadlifts. I was doing deadlifts a while ago but stopped due to a lack of a weightbelt. I'm definitely getting back into them now since I have my weightbelt and was seeing great gains with them. I do everything MAX-OT style with warm up sets of 12, 8, 6, 3 reps of my first exercise and 4-6 reps of heavy sets for the actual exercise.

how come you aren't ever on aim? we should compare notes :p me and jk0 have been a little bit.

20. Marcman

heh, every pic i've posted all over these forums were taken within a few days of each other. The pics where i look really good were taken with some soft overhead light with me posing and flexing to look how i wanted to.

The contest pics i took were in a different room with no overhead light, and im not sucking in or flexing anything which is why there's no definition anywhere. Also, i think bad posture in my side shot is making it look worse than it is, but you can see my gut pretty well there.

I'm going to start making a tuna, turkey, or roast beef sandwich every day to take to work and try to start eating better. I keep eating such horrible things which is what is holding me back the most. My workout schedule is awesome. Food is my weakness :mad: I've also gained a few pounds between the good shots and the bad ones :o

#20 Marcman, Jul 6, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2004