1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Jenn and the Gang **JUNE 1ST Challenge**

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by Adam and Jess, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Adam and Jess

Adam and Jess Well-Known Member

This will be the official challenge that Jenn wanted to start.. I (Adam) will take part in it as well as Jenn and whomever else would like to join..

Everyone, please post up your age, your weight, your goal (fat loss, weight loss, etc...) and when you want to accomplish this goal. Then, I'll tally up all the goal dates and we'll come up with a good mean that we can all work towards.

If you want to share tips and strategies and recipes or whatever you wish, feel free to post it here. I'll check this thread many times a day since I'm in front of a computer for school and work. :tu:

Name: Adam
    Weight: 255 lbs
    Goal: 195lbs 10-12% bf
    Goal Date: Christmas or New Years

Lets hear yoru stats folks.

Adam

2. Adam and Jess

We've been doing well for the past couple of days. Eating well, exercising well.. and we dont stress anymore. i think that was our problem. we stressed too much. next step, we're taking the scale out of the bathroom and putting it in the attic until July 1st! :D

adam

3. jennifer123

jennifer123 Well-Known Member

Name: Jennifer
    Weight: 220
    Height: 5 ft 10
    Goal: 160-165 14-17%bf (I think)
    Goal Date: by the end of September (Yes of this year (LOL))

Yesterday I worked out so hard on the treadmill that I have blisters on the back of my feet the size of golf balls because my shoes were too big. It hurt so bad today not only could I not where shoes, but I could not do cardio. I was so pissed. I even tried putting on my shoes and walking around; that by the time I took the shoes off I had elevate my feet for like an hour. The sad part is that I really wanted to work out. They better be better by tomorrow.

4. Adam and Jess

put a needle to those blisters and get on with it! :D

Adam

5. samirp20

samirp20 Well-Known Member

Name: Samir
    Weight: 182 (30% bf)
    Height: 5' 6''
    Goal: 9% bf then start bulking, not sure how much i'd have to lose to get there probably like around 45-50 pounds.
    Goal Date: New Years

Today sucked. Got up and was really tired. Started jogging but only went for around 25 minutes. I was planning to skip sundays and rest but this week I won't to make up for the loss.

Today is my cheat day so I ate my normal breakfast but got a quesadilla for lunch from a place near work. And for Dinner I am going to get a Three Fajita Chicken Burrito from La Salsa. I also had 2 cokes. :eat:

Tomorrow and Sunday is gonna be a challenge. Tough to eat clean on the weekends but I'll tough it out.

6. Gila Monster

Gila Monster Well-Known Member

Name: Gila
    Height: 5'4
    Weight: 126.1 pounds
    Fat: 26.4%
    Goal: Loose 15 pounds of fat (~14% bf)
    Goal date 30'th of September
    ---

Yesterday was a long and wearing day, and by the time I finished all planned arrangements I had no strength to stand, let alone go to a gym. :d_frown: The diet was also poor, due to a tough schedule. Today is Saturday - relaxing day, but I'll try to go to a gym for a run on the threadmill to compensate for yesterday's lack of exercise.

#6 Gila Monster, Jun 4, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2005
  7. Gila Monster

No exercise yesterday... :mad:
    (I really need to get my car fixed, I didn't sign in to that gym for nothing..)

Well, that's not an excuse, today I'ma exercise, even if hell freezes over!

8. Gila Monster

Ugh, didn't exercise today either due to a headache and a general blah-ish feeling. I guess the hit is really getting to me :d_frown:

9. Adam and Jess

i have a severe case of bowel movement at the moment and Im not willing to risk going to the gym. Im gonna skip cardio today and hopefully I'll do it tomorrow.. as a matter of fact, I KNOW I WILL!

Adam

10. samirp20

Heh, similar thing happened to me last week. I had to use the bathroom in the middle of my morning cardio. I stopped running I just couldn't take it anymore. There's nothing worse than doing cardio when you have to use the bathroom.

11. jennifer123

Sorry to hear about the whole bowel think Jess (LOL). I just got back from a killer workout and I feel great. You no those blisters I had. The ones you said not to worry about. They had gotten so bad that same day that last night was the first time I was even able to wear shoes and thats only because I was constantly cleaning them and putting Neosporin on them. However I made up for that today. I ran on the treadmill, rode the bike, and then topped it off with a little elliptical pleasure. After that, I did a killer ab workout, Sylvester Stallone style. How is everything going today with you? How is Jess doing ? I hope she is representing for the girls. HOW IS EVERYONE ELSE OUT THERE DOING??????????????????????????????

See you all tomorrow. I am on the ball now. I will be posting everyday.

12. samirp20

Ate well today, and did morning cardio. I really need to start finding new foods to eat. When I eat clean i pretty much eat the same exact things (outside of cheat days). The last few weeks I've had the same exact meals the same exact time of day. I don't mind it too much and it's not like I'm going to break but It'd be nice to find something new.

I weighed myself last Saturday and it read 177.6 lbs then I weighed myself today and it read 182.22. Really depressing. But I think it had a lot to do with water weight and time of day. It still sucks though. Anyone else here use a tanita? How accurate is their body fat percentage measurements?

I opened up a checking account with citibank through their website so I could get a free ipod shuffle. Can't wait till I get it. I think I might have to wait a few weeks but I don't mind. It'll really help while jogging.

13. Gila Monster

I finally had a (leg) work out yesterday, it wasn't as difficult as I hoped, I'll add 1 set to each exercise frm now on. The eating wasn't very clean though... :o

---

Today is cardio day, I'll see how that goes. :)

14. Buddha

Buddha Well-Known Member

I have slacked in checking this forum or posting my details

It is almost embarassing to put this out here on the net, but it needs to be done. I am 24, and currently 386 lbs. I figure I need to lose almost 200 lbs to because a healthier 200 or so lbs. I am 5' 10" tall. Right now I am going to lift weights monday wednesday friday, and do some cardio on the elliptical tuesday thursday saturday. I am going to try and do aroudn 20 minutes on the elliptical right now and work my way up to more slowly.

Yesterday I made it to the gym before work and got some chest and tricep weight training in. Today is a cardio day, and tomorrow will be back and biceps. Fridays i plan on doing legs and shoulders and taking Sunday off.

Today, I was going to go to the gym and get on the elliptical, and just as I started, a friend wanted to play some tennis so I joined him. Instead of 20 minutes on the elliptical, I went and played tennis for 40 minutes. Only bad thing about it is that my knee is now killing me. I have had problems with it before, and figure it is either arthritis (i tore a ligament in my knee in HS, so it could be due to that) or some kind of cartilage problem. Either way, I have no insurance, so fixing it really isnt an option right now.

I am going to try to post daily, more than likely after work around midnight since that is when I get home from work, and I go to the gym before work.

Good luck to everyone.

15. Adam and Jess

FYI.. Jess wasnt the one with the bowel trouble, hehehe :lol: :lol:

We've both been doing well and I'm very excited about jess's determination, it really motivates me as well! We've both been doing really well but not only for our own health, but we are both going to be in a wedding in February (my old roomate and her old roomate sophomore year in college :tu: )

Not to mention, we've recently been engaged so I want my buddy to take some engagement photos of us sometime around Christmas, so yeah! But overall, we're both doing well, eating small meals with an occassional spike during dinner but overall real well!

Adam

16. jennifer123

Don't be embarassed Buddha. If you need any help with workouts or food intake I am a certified Personal trainer with a degree in Kinesiology. I am currently heavier than I have ever been. No one can guess within 40 lbs of what I weigh because I hold weight well. I am a thick 220 (5 ft 10) and fighting ever minute of it. I just got back from the gym. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill 30 minutes on the bike and 25 minutes on the elliptical. My diet has been great for the last couple of days and I am going to beat the fat monster head on. No more bull shitting. I know it is not safe to lose weight quick but I have done it before and my body has responded with flying colors. I have 60-65 lbs to lose and will have it gone before November. You mark my words. I refuse to live like this anymore. Being uncomfortable in everything I wear and being uncomfortable in social situations. I have my pictures of when I was in perfect shape and look at them and also my goals everyday. Sometimes 2 or 3 times. You have to keep those goals right in front of you so you do not get off track. It is amazing how much being over-weight can affect your everyday life in such a dramatic way; even when people don't think your overweight. So, I am off to eat my last meal of the day and curl up beside a good book and get ready to do it all tomorrow. :gl:

EVERYONE KEEP US UPDATED AND MOTIVATED KEEP FIGHTING

17. samirp20

Did morning cardio again (5.3mph, 50 minutes). I don't know how well running on treadmill translates to running outdoors. I followed my meal plans also. (1-eggs, oatmeal, 2-detour bar, 3-tuna, banana,4-chicken,pinto beans,5-big bowl of salad).

I made a bet with one of my co-workers. We bet who could lose twenty pounds the quickest. I don't plan on doing anything drastic to lose weight I'll continue eating at ~1700 calories a day, doing fasted cardio every morning. But, beginning Sunday I will start lifting weights again. I'm pretty sure my co-worker will end up starving himself though.

18. jennifer123

I am doing a 1200 cal diet. Cardio for first 2-3 wks only. No weights. Only abs. I am usually eating high fiber cereal for breakfast (Kashi Go Lean Crunch or Uncle Sams Toasted Whole Grain wheat flakes with flaxseed). I eat Lots of yogurt and fresh fruit for snacks and plenty of beans and veggies for lunch and dinner. Sometimes lunch is a Healthy Choice or Lean Cuisine. I absolutely love beans. 2-3 nights a week I may eat this fat free, no sugar added, frozen yougurt tht is made by Kemps. It is actually very good and it satisfies my sweet tooth.

19. Adam and Jess

With us its a minimum of 40 mins cardio. Its a bit difficult to throw in weights but its gotta be done and I need to stop making excuses. Im not counting calories more or less avoiding fat and sugar filled snacks and excessive eating. This is what my meal usually consists of.

Meal 1 - Small bowl of cereal w/ skim milk and black coffee (1 cup only)
    Meal 2 - Protein shake (1 med banana, water, protein powder, 1 tblsp natural peanut butter)
    Meal 3 - Turkey sandwich, whole wheat bread, FF mayo, low fat cheese
    Meal 4 - Low fat cheese and low fat wheat crackers
    Meal 5 - Chicken sandwich (skinless, boneless) turkey bacon, tomato, low fat cheese.
    Meal 6 - FF cottage cheese and FF yogurt

Thats pretty much it. So its not too bad but maybe if I count I'll get a better feel for how much im consuming. Jess eats a bit less and the portions are smaller so we'll see.

going to bed, noon cardio session!

Adam

20. Gila Monster

Yesterday was cardio day - 20 minutes on the threadmill (I suck in running, but I did the best I could) and 20 minutes on the elliptical - now me legs are killing me!

But I exceeded my calloric intake by 200~300 callories - that sucks! I think I need to decrease the callories I consume anyway, 1500 is too much I guess... Guess I'll be experimanting.

On other note, we're going to a wedding today, I was thinking to eat as less as possible to keep the stomach empty (easier to suck in :D ). Maybe I'll post some pics later :d_tongue:

OK, today is upper body day. I'm hitting the gym, cya!