1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Jedi's Journey into Intuitive Living

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Jedi, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Ecrivain

Ecrivain Well-Known Member

You say only 1112 calories as if it were nothing! ;) I think you've just got to come to terms with the fact that your body is functioning at near-peak efficiency.

2. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Jedi,
    Your endurance must be pretty good, to hike for so long, at such a high elevation. I agree that 1,112 calories is nothing to sneeze at.

Does the Tour De France go anywhere near your area. If so, when does it pass though. It must be pretty cool to see in person. The views from the Pyrenees are incredible. It is hard to believe people are able to bike up these huge mountains, let alone do it at a really fast pace.

3. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

i try to be pretty laid back but i've been known to get pretty bent out of shape when friends back out of mutual vacation plans with me. it blows. i feel for ya. but nothing you can do but start making plans for the next trip!! :D

i'm sure you have the ideas lined up. good luck!!

4. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

exactly :nod:

2300ft was th amount I climbed, I guess I started pretty low at around 1800 feet and went up to 4000+ these are really foothills, I suppose, and it wasn't a hard hike. I am not worried about the calories, it just seemed 300 per hour didn't seem much. Ths year the tour de France isn't near mle but it is mega cool :nod: One year I was in Paris for the finish :D here is this year's route http://www.letour.fr/2008/TDF/COURSE/us/le_parcours.html

Yeh I feel pretty pissed off right now ;) if it doesn't work I will go hiking maybe in the Pyrenees.

5. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I've been catching up on your thread and boy:

1. your avatar looks great!

2. I haven't gotten to the part where you were doing SGX yet -- I am really curious as to your experience.

3. Those are some work-outs -- I like the fact that you are doing intuitive workouts and diet. I hope to get to that some day now that I have just started back.

4. Your hiking adventures are truly exquisite to read about. They are obviously agreeing with you. What do you do about sun exposure? I am scared to death of sun exposure. I am so slathered in sunscreen here in Haifa and basically don't go out at all between 10:00AM and 4:00PM.

It has been great to catch up == very motivating :nod:

6. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

Good job on the hike. Did you take pictures?

7. Ecrivain

Geez, even your backup plans sound cool and exciting! :dreamy:

8. jchantelau

jchantelau Well-Known Member

Good hike Jedi. Yeah, did you take some pics?

9. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

Today's workout

lat pulldowns and seated rows 45kg supersetted
    Bulgarians 4x8 @ 22kg
    Good mornings 4x10 @22 kg
    Front squats 4x10 @ 22kg
    Skullcrushers 4x8 @ 16kg

Was at the dentist this morning and ended up having a wisdom tooth pulled, so felt a little groggy afterwards.

Justitia, I don't worry too much about the sun in that I have pretty dark skin. I just always put on suncream and wear a cap...

Attached Files:

10. jchantelau

Nice pics Jedi, thanks. Is that fudgy?

11. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Great photo's Jedi. Is that from your recent hike? I like that photo of your cat, so relaxed.

12. Ecrivain

Yay, pictures! They're beautiful.

13. kree-kree

I absolutly love looking at pictures! I love reading in people's journal and then seeing pictures! Makes me feel like I was right there walking along the path. The mountains, greenery, flowers and of coarse the cat were awesome! What kind of animals do you see when your hiking? Are their lots of people on the trail? Do you carry mase or your phone in case of an emergency? Thanks for sharing them!

How are you feeling now that you have been home for awhile after the tooth pull?

14. Naturegirl

Naturegirl Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing the photographs! Those blue flowers are so vibrant. It looks pretty hot out too what with that bit of haze. I'm also curious what sort of animals you have there?

I want to squeeze Fudgy's widdle paws :lol:

Feel better soon :) Having a tooth out can be so painful and uncomfortable, oh and try not to get dry socket and a crater in your jaw like dumbass me.

15. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

your remembered :) isn't he hilarious, he has a cheshire cat grin in this photo:D

he chills all the time!

:)

you inspired me to put in some photos Kree ;)
    tooth(or rather hole) is feeling much better today.

Normally I heal pretty easily.
    Fudgy likes to be squeezed all over:lol:

We have Marmot, Chamois, Buctan in the mountains, and then as I have mentioned before, you sometimes see the shepherds with their flocks of goats and sheep, but I wasn't high enough up for this.

Wt 58.3, Tanita 15.4%
    my step/hill sprints Max HR for intervals was, 171, 175, 180, 179, 179
    total time 34 mins and Cals burnt 288......

16. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

Epoc

I have been trying to measure EPOC and I am finding it to be pretty insignificant:confused:

after an intense 11 km run the three hours afterwards I burnt around 300 cals ie 100 cals per hours

after a HIIT session, 34 mins and step/hill sprints the three hours afterwards I burnt 280 calories ie 93 cals per hour

After a 45 weightlifitng session doing compound lifts and rests of 30-60 secs I burnt 264 cals during the three hours ie 88 cals per hour

On average I burn around 230-250 calories over a normal three hours (ie not post exercise) ie 70-80 cals per hour

conclusion EPOC is not very significant for me and is higher after a long run than doing intervals or weights. Now there are many other benefits to doing sprints and weights, but this wasn't what I was looking at here.

17. kree-kree

I had never heard of any of those animals (minus the sheep:lol:). I had to google them all.:D I was just watching the news show this a.m. saying that 25% of 8 years can name more pokeman guys then nature animals.....Since my boys are in to pokeman I wanted to do a little test this weekend and see how many nature animals they could name....surely more then pokeman stuff. But since their Mother appears not so smart to nature....its looking kind of grim:lol: Hopefully in the US will be able to name the common earthworm, robin, squirrel, roly-poly, musk-rat, duck, geese we often see....BORING! Thank God for the Discovery Channel and National Geographic... it keeps me a little more educated (although not much it appears) MORE PICTURES!!! MORE PICTURES! Your educating me JEDI:lol:

#117 kree-kree, Jul 16, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  18. jchantelau

He is a funny cat. What a personality.

19. thevinery

thevinery Active Member

Ditto. When I read that my first impulse was to re-read the sentence before and check that we hadn't started talking about exotic wine... sounded more like grapes than animals!!

That first picture is stunning.

20. FBChick

FBChick Active Member

I knew two out of three.... do I get any credit! :lol:

Playing a little catch up around here... sounds like things are going relatively well Jedi! Sorry about the vacation plans though. Hopefully things will work out somehow!