1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Jedi's Journey into Intuitive Living

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Jedi, Jun 23, 2008.

1. zenpharaohs

zenpharaohs Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I think you need to add weight to the bodyweight squats. You don't really weigh that much. Uphill sprinting has already set the bar pretty high for your VO2max. Do you have a medicine ball? Or do jump lunges/jump squats with dumbells. Uphill sprinting is pretty serious stuff if you have much of a hill, so you really have to jack up the intensity of the other stuff to keep up.

2. MannishBoy

MannishBoy Senior Member

Tabata thrusters don't leave me as wiped as they used to, either. I suck a bit of wind, but I recover pretty quickly.

I've done two sets of 4 minutes before with a couple of minutes between. Still a fast workout, but pretty intense if you get the right exercise.

3. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

Thanks Ecrivain, Zen and Andy for your input... I think I will mainly stick to my hill sprints as I am a bt of a sucker and quite like it :D and next time i try tabata add some weight or something...

today's session in the gymi did supersets, all pretty randomly, as I don't often do them, having a s little rest as possible

A1 5 sets of 20 squats with 55kg
    A2 5 x 6 chins

B1 4 x horizontal chest press 8 x 30kg
    B2 4 x leg curls 10 x 15kg

C1 4 x lat pulldowns, 10 x 30, 10 x 35, 10 x 40, 6 x 45
    C2 4 x seated rows 10 x 35kg
    C3 captains chair 4 x 12

Wt 58.8, tanita 18.1%

Andy I did try turkish getups yesterday and had to go down to 4kg weights to maintain good form for my left side :(

4. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

have you seen the youtube videos of chicks doing these with small children as their weights??

5. kateykate

kateykate Well-Known Member

Ohohoh, sorry for the sidetrack, but I'm always curious to know: what Australian wines do you rate? I don't often see people here drinking wines that aren't Australian (I could probably count the amount of times on one hand), and further to this I think there's probably a concerted effort from some to drink wines that are South Australian (certaintly, I try to).

This made me laugh. :lol:

6. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

Couldn't find it but it makes me :scared::scared::scared: just thinking aboutit!

Well I have to say it was when I lived in England for three years just before moving to France, if I remember rightly it was mainly Shiraz and and Barossa Valley... Where I lived in SW England they also produced white wine!! it was trendy to be part of little wine cooperatives that grew, harvested and produced wine together with theor own labels :)

7. MannishBoy

MannishBoy Senior Member

They are harder than they look, but I found technique improvements in the beginning can help you jump weight fairly quickly.

Plus, as I understand it, you are using a KB, which is more...unbalanced than the DBs I use. I keep thinking of picking up some KBs, but they seemed overpriced for what you get to me so I just haven't done it. There is a KB trainer here in Nashville who I have subscribed to his RSS feed and I've thought if I ever buy some, I might take a class.

Maybe I should email him and ask about places to buy them and if he has somewhere local where I wouldn't have to pay huge shipping costs :confused:

I still don't use huge weights for doing reps. I think I did a single with 65-70 lbs, but that was iffy and I generally do 3 rep (per side) sets in the 40-50 lb range.

8. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

actually I haven't got the kettlebells yet, like you I am researching prices.

Wt 58.4, Tanita 17.7%
    Sprints up the cobbled steps.. Max HR 183, av 144, 33 mins (includes WU and cool down), 340 calories...... It was harder to get my herat rate up today and my heart rate was at 125 by the time i got down each time and normally I have to wait 15-30 secs for this... legs felt a little wobbly, maybe after the squats yesterday.. experiencing a lot more DOMS this week because I am trying out new stuff.

9. specialk

specialk Well-Known Member

DOMS don't necessarily mean that you are building muscle but I rather enjoy them whenever I switch exercises.

10. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

:nod: actually I only get DOMS basically the first time I do an exercise or haven't done it for a long while.

Today's workout:
    Step ups
    Lat pulldowns
    Bentover BB rows
    lunges with bicep curls
    Chest press
    Back extensions + 10kg plate

11. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

me too but I love when I get them!!! Usually its the step ups and lunges with weights that do my butt and legs in!!!:tu:

12. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Jedi,
    How are you doing post SGX? How is your marathon training going, are you following a structured training program?

13. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

58.3, Tanita 17.7%
    Hi Shamie, I am enjoying not doing SGX, I am kind of doing a cross between intuitive eating and the warrior diet, not hard as it is so hot I don't want to eat much during the day. I am also doing spontaneous workouts. I am running around 3 times a week but am not motivated to marathon train and may well pull out, which is why I took that option when paying..... in part it is because long distance running works against fat loss for me :o
    todays workout

lat pulldowns
    clean and press
    deads
    dips
    leg press
    Rope abs

I had my holiday all sorted for August, 6 of us were going to drive to Portugal (my idea) and camp, three have pulled out which leaves me, my best friend and her new boyfriend of 3 weeks, naturally she wants to go with the boyfriend and leave me behind unless we can find a fourth person, it sucks but I understand, in this case three would be a crowd :( I am especially disappointed as its always hard to find other people to go on holiday with and I haven't managed to for a number of years, so I was very excited to be finally doing it this year.

14. jchantelau

jchantelau Well-Known Member

Hope the vacation thing works out for you Jedi

15. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    That's too bad about the holiday plans falling apart. Hopefully you'll be able to find someone to go an salvage your plans.

16. Ecrivain

Ecrivain Well-Known Member

:( I'd go, if it weren't for the small matter of 6733 kilometers. It really stinks that it was your idea, and you're the one that could get left behind. I hope you find alternate arrangements. It sounds like it would be an excellent trip.

17. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, and E if you lived nearer I would invite you like a shot ;)
    Haven't been able to talk to my friend about the situation as she left on Friday for 5 days in Switzerland.. I understand she prefers to go with her boyfriend, of course, but I would react differently and would find a solution that doesn't let people down...

I think I am going to go hiking today for my exercise..

Wt 58.4, Tanita 17.2% actually took some measurements today and my waist is down 1 cm (I did it because I thought that might be the case) but all other measurements are the same and strangely the tanita shows readings of around 3-4% higher than when on SGX, and I am pretty sure that I haven't been losing muscle, despite being down a kg, and I have been lifting just as hard.... they really are unreliable machines, :lol:

I am eating heaps and a great variety of fruit and veggies and consequently my bowels are amazingly regular :) I also am enjoying eating more pulses again, which I love. Ihaven't eaten meat in a couple of weeks, I think just because I have been enjoying trying other stuff.

#97 Jedi, Jul 13, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  18. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

Our family has been very regular as well. :lol: Our family is eating a watermelon a day!!!:eek: They have been so good lately!

19. specialk

specialk Well-Known Member

20. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member