1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Jedi's Journey into Intuitive Living

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Jedi, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Jedi,
    I looked at the site for your potential marathon, it looks really nice. A great destination marathon, but of course you are a local. You better decide soon, it looks like there are only about 2,500 spaces left.

2. thevinery

thevinery Active Member

Don't know either of these, but I just took a look at the Virago and it's very nice -- very classy, nice lines.

I don't ride, but here in London I'm surrounded by old-school Triumphs :drool: So pretty!

3. Naturegirl

Naturegirl Well-Known Member

Good luck with your venture into intuitive eating Jedi! :) A relaxed way of eating right on time for your vacation too, how nice.

Are you going to be able to have time to take pictures from around your city?

4. bmacntmac

bmacntmac Well-Known Member

Around here the older people like to make their own. They even put their own personalized labels on the bottle. Last night I had a glass of Elderberry that a lady gave me. I guess Elderberry is a wild berry that grows along railroad tracks.

5. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

I have signed up, but with the option of cancellation, I guess that is a cop out :o

Triumph still makes some of the best bikes... I love the speed triple and RS!

It feels good, NG:nod: you know what I am enjoying eating at the moment? FRUIT! as because of its carb/sugar content I have had so little the past 2 years and it is so full of natual goodness it seems so weird to restrict it so much. Yes as of Friday I will have 7 weeks of vacation, as I am a teacher, so I will have time for lots of things ;)

My Dad used to make ElderFLOWER wine. I love homemade wines :nod:

HIIT, first time in 2.5 months. ALL that LISS hs definitely reduced my VO²Max :( This was hill repeats up cobbled steps... Max HR 181.

I am looking for new zucchini recipes as I have so many all of a sudden :D last night I found a recipe for caremalized courgette + mint... you briefly cook the zucchini in olive oil til golden then add chopped mint and some balsamic vinegar... veyr tasty :D:drool:

6. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

I know what you mean. I can't remember the last time I bought a watermellon. I used to love them, but they do take up too much room in the refrigerator. Right now is the season for blueberries, and strawberries here, which I like, since both (especially the blueberries) are supposed to be heatlhy.

7. jchantelau

jchantelau Well-Known Member

Enjoy your 7 weeks Jedi!

8. Ecrivain

Ecrivain Well-Known Member

Oh wow, all this talk of fruit and wine! :drool: I may have to wait until cheat days to catch up on your journal, Jedi. ;)

9. J_W

J_W Well-Known Member

Hah! That's the reason I didn't do well on the AD. I love fruit. I know that many people (especially those trying to get in competition shape) cut it out because of the sugar but I just can't do it. I've come to the realization that, for me, a good rule of thumb is to stick to unprocessed foods, and fruit is one those foods. I've also found a source for raw milk, which I'm going to start integrating into my diet. I'm sure that from a bodybuilding standpoint there's better choices (and as I try to lean out, I might have to start changing my diet again) but from a nutritional and health standpoint, I think fruit and dairy are good things to have in your diet, especially if they're unprocessed.

I also think that the more food choices you cut out, the higher the danger of feeling deprived. I'd rather just focus on eliminating processed foods, which leaves me with a wide variety of whole foods to chose from, than limit myself to, like, ten food options and feel that I'm missing out. That's just me though. Others might do very well with a very strict, limited diet approach.

10. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

I have been coming to very similar conclusions :) Yes, for getting to very low body fat we often (tho not always) have to become pretty strict and restrictive, but psychologically to NOT deprive ourselves of lots of good natural products I reckon could also influence body comp... We are so much more than just our metabolisms :lol: I have avoided processed foods for years so this isn't hard for me. I am not at all lactose intolerant so have begun eating yogurt and fromage frais again too and wil start to make my own kefir. I must try and find a source of raw milk here too :) I have recently read the warrior diet, which I found personally a fascinating and motivating read :) and one thing I liked was his encouragement to eat meals with lots of different colours and textures in.... To be honest, though I love broccoli and chicken, and there are lots of ways of cooking chicken, I was getting a little bored of the same things, especially as I love cooking and experimenting... Of course I haven't weighed myself in a few days and maybe when I start putting on body fat I will change my mind:lol:

11. J_W

J_W Well-Known Member

I don't know about the legal situation in France, but here the only place you can get raw milk is from dairy farms or farmer's markets directly. They can't sell raw milk in stores (unless it's a farmer's market store). I would recommend finding a dairy farmer you trust and then buy the milk from him/her directly.

On an unrelated note, you should do the Vienna marathon again - we could meet up and do fun stuff :D.

12. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

The Vienna marathon was so cool, yeh that would be fun;)

as for the milk, this could be a problem, as my region is not at all dairy :( I could get fresh goat or sheep milk though, I suppose... I love goat cheese but find the milk a little too pungent:o

EDIT apparantly a big new thing in Italy (lombardia) is automatic distributers of raw milk!!! A french guy has set one up two weeks ago in the Rhone valley to see if it can work here too :)

#52 Jedi, Jul 1, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  13. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

The watermelon here has been to die for. Its so juicy! We have been averaging a watermelon every day to 2 days! I try to have it out before meals to allow the kids to munch on. As long as I have fruits and vegetables on the table cut up I seem to get less requests for everything else (crackers, granola bars, etc). The only problem is that I too have been inhailing the watermelon and cantelope! The good thing is that it fills me up and I seem to be eating less, the bad part is that it does have a lot of sugar which is probably hindering me in losing. The cravings of everything else have been non-existent so I guess watermelon vs. everything else isn't all a bad thing????

14. xingcat

xingcat Well-Known Member

There are raw milk "clubs" around here, where a group of folks will agree to purchase raw milk from dairy farms, and then they store it in fridges that everyone can access (with a combination lock, I think). My co-worker is actually shooting a documentary film on raw milk, and we've gotten lots of containers of it in the office kitchen as a result. :drool:

15. jchantelau

16. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

:nod::nod:

so have you been trying it??

I didn't see Nice on the list:cry:

Just did a workout that wiped me out, I was the only female in the gym and was sweating more than any of the guys:whistle: basically i was mostly supersetting and taking very short rest periods

Warmup was bretahing squats, then

bulgarians
    clean and press
    Good mornings
    RDLs
    Dips
    Leg Curls
    tricep dips

17. zenpharaohs

zenpharaohs Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I drink all of those.

[​IMG]

Not really that big of a problem in my view.

Rioja has several really nice wines, there are a couple fine Australians and Italy is full of excellent wine.

California? You can have all of it.

18. zenpharaohs

zenpharaohs Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Well it would make sense that raw milk is hard to get in Pasteur's neighborhood.

19. jchantelau

Yeah, sorry!:(

Awesome workout Jedi!:nod:

20. thevinery

thevinery Active Member

Hmmm.... you are doing what I refer to in my head as "real workouts." These three still scare me:

bulgarians
    clean and press
    Good mornings

Baby steps...