1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Jedi's Journey into Intuitive Living

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Jedi, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

my salad this evening consisted of tomtoes, batavia lettuce, radishes and chives, ALL from my garden:D

Attached Files:

2. J_W

J_W Well-Known Member

:dreamy: That's so cool that you can grow all that.

I haven't congratulated you on your new journal and approach yet. It'll be fun following your new journey. It didn't seems like your pursuit of balance really turned out to be successful :lol: (mind, the title of my journal is also not particularly apt - I'm going to start a new one once I'm cleared to get back to training my shoulder).

3. Happy Monster

Happy Monster Well-Known Member

I approve of this journal.. :D

4. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

Thanks, Christy ;) let's hope this approach is more succesful than the last!! Mmm wonder what you will call your journal this time:confused:

Thought you would, Happy ;) Glad to see you around again!

5. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Looks and sounds delicious Jedi. Your picture has got me eagerly anticipating when we can eat our tomatoes. Right now it's only the herbs that are ready. Soon, soon.

6. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Jedi,
    I read in M@'s thread you said you were thinking of running in a marathon. Which one?

7. J_W

J_W Well-Known Member

Dunno yet. I'm open to suggestions :D.

8. jchantelau

jchantelau Well-Known Member

I need to grow my own veggies. My neighbor has an awesome garden and will sometimes bring me a few veggies.:D

9. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

It is just starting for me ;) It is soo satisfying... I enjoyed my salad in a disproportionate way last night:drool:

It's teh new Nice- Cannes marathon http://www.marathon06.com/index.htm
    But I am concerned that a rigid training schedule will hinder my intuitive path:confused: plus I hate the treadmill (and this gym doesn't have one) which means all training will need to be done very early morning with the summer heat:o

I will have a think ;)

You have a pumpkin plant :D

I woke at 5.30 so went for a run :) The students finish today so we have a staff meal at a local resto at midday :) I won't be drinking as I am on my motorbike. Then I just have to work next week until the International Baccalaureate results come out, then I am finished:p

58.8kg, 15.2%BF

10. jchantelau

Vacation time:spaz: ??

11. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

tonight, after my "garden" salad, I stuffed one of MY zucchini with minced veal, lightly cooked in white wine with shallots, though I say it myself, it was delicious:drool:

I have had a glass of wine every night this week :p I spnt a couple of hours at the beach on the way home this eveninf I am definitely getting into vacation made :)

12. MannishBoy

MannishBoy Senior Member

I didn't notice the new journal at first because it didn't have the little replied icon beside it I normally look for when I'm rushing through my journal reviews :)

I have not recorded a day's worth of eating since December. Works pretty good for maintenance once you've built the proper habits and learned portioning. I also do OK with slow cutting. I do still weigh some stuff to make sure portions stay in control, but it's not a religious thing.

I think you can do well. :tu:

You people with all these journals and blogs and stuff. :rolleyes: ;) :D

13. J_W

J_W Well-Known Member

"Life in Balance" just doesn't fit anymore. I'm going to be imbalanced, from a muscular point of view.

14. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Mmmm. Sounds delicious.

Seems as if vacation mode is in full swing already. Enjoy!

#34 Seltzer, Jun 26, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  15. jchantelau

My great grandmother lived to be 104 years old. Someone once asked her...What has given you so many years of life? My great grandmother quickly replied, I think it was the one glass of wine a night, she paused, or it could be the one bloody mary I had every morning!:lol:

16. thevinery

thevinery Active Member

Oooh... there's a motorbike? Well that's pretty cool then... What is it? Are there pictures?

17. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

Yes, I have felt much less stressed about it all this week...... As you say I already have a great idea of calories and macronutriants, and years of pretty healthy eating behind me, so I should be able to maintain fine.... I also want to gier myself more permission to treat myself to things I wouldn't normally eat if I was eating very clean, I think I need to get away from judging certain food so harshly.... This week I have eaten relatively low carb probably our of habit, fear and a knowledge I do better on it. However I have eaten a piece of fruit every day and mainly sweet potatoes with my evening meal.....

;) yeh, I feel you ae going more radical than balanced at the moment :

Yes, paul, next week is low key. Without the kids there are only a few teachers in, and I arrive late and leave early ;

:lol::lol: Well, you know the French would agree with your grandmother, at least on the wine ;) I have no problem at stopping at one glass, and very muc enjoy it with my evening meal..... all the teachers are going out to celebrate the end of the year tonight, so may have a beer instead ;)

I have nothing special at the mment, its is a 600 Yamaha Fazer. It is the only way to travel around the Cote d'Azur in the summer ;) though I am on it all year round. I was planning to swap it for a Virago a few weeks back and may still do so:confused: I have had this bike 3 or 4 years now.

Plan on hitting the gym today after my 7 days off. Think I will just do a spontaneous workout as I haven't decided what sort of approach I want for the summer yet:confused:

58.2kg, 16.6% False low on bodyweight, must be dehydrated from being on the beach yesterday!

#37 Jedi, Jun 27, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  18. Rise

Rise Active Member

what type of wine do you like?

19. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

I generally like a fairlly full-bodied red, prefering the Rhone wines like Château-Neuf-du-Pape, Gigondas, Côte Rotie, I generally drink local rosé and drink both semi sweet and dry whites, depending on what I am eating..... It is hard to find non French wines here but I do like Rioja, chianti and various Californian, Australian and South African whites :)

Mm well either I lost some strength, lost some muscle and/or didn't have enough to eat before my workout (I had had an apple)... hopefully its the latter as a week off shouldn't make that much difference.

20. jchantelau

Post some pics of your bike!:nod: The way gas prices are here I was thinking about getting one myself!