1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

January sugar challenge!

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by gazareth, Dec 21, 2007.

1. gazareth

gazareth Senior Member

Media:
    Albums:
    For me, the main thing to derail my diet is chocolate, and other sugary things like cakes, sweets etc. Even on planned cheat days I go way overboard, and if I cheat on my diet with a single chocolate bar it often leads to a lot more bad foods and excesses.

So, my challenge for January is to not eat any sugary goods whatsoever! No chocolate. No cake. No cookies. No sweets. At all.

Who's with me?

2. docutech

docutech Active Member

I am in with a question:

Is there a daily sugars "limit" in grams? If so, what are the targets?

3. gazareth

gazareth Senior Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I invite you to set your own challenge. For me, the only way I will get anywhere is if I eat no sweet goods. Carbs are fine - but no sweet goods. This basically means:

Chocolate
    Sweets/candy
    Biscuits/cookies
    Cakes
    Desserts
    Ice cream
    Non-diet soft drinks

4. docutech

docutech Active Member

Right on!

Gosh it has been 3 months since I had a sweet treat :drool:. I must focus on my goal and resist temptation! :bang:

5. Gorilla

Gorilla Active Member

Im not participating, but just wanted to say good luck. You will find that it gets pretty easy to live without all that sugar, once you get started.

6. user786

user786 Active Member

Im tryng to drop my bf levels ..so this will help.im in but im gonna allow maximum of 5 treats(1 treat is bar of choclate/or 1 donut/ or 3 biscuits/or small portion of ice cream.slice of cake etc) throughout the month ..see how it goes.

7. slimburrok

slimburrok Active Member

I'm joining this challenge, but I've already mastered the non-sugar intake somehow. First, I made sure that nothing of the sort is even in my house and I don't drink pop at all.

My goals will be no refined sugar intake except from the whole (or juiced) fruits and veggies I should be eating already. For I love juice! Good Luck, Everyone!!

8. user786

user786 Active Member

6 days and good so far:nod:..

9. gazareth

gazareth Senior Member

Media:
    Albums:
    How you going?

I'm ashamed to say that the first 13 days of this month were a wash-out for me :o I was ill over Christmas and for the first week of January I was concentrating on eating enough calories to recover, including lots of sugar :o
    I have no excuse for the second week.

However, I have been sugar-free since last Monday the 14th and intend to stay that way until Valentine's Day. I will get my sugar-free month in :mad:

10. user786

user786 Active Member

up till jan 18 th i didnt touch a single piece of sugar ...jan 19th i ate all my 5 allowances!!:o..so ive got till the 30th with no allowances remaining.

11. Doubleoqueso

Doubleoqueso Active Member

The longer you resist it, the weaker the cravings get. Fruit makes for an excellent substitution in the meantime. It's been well over a month since I've had sweets or refined sugars, and I don't even want them anymore.

It does help if you decide in your mind that you hate these sugars for what they do to your body. You can choose to have a sense of loathing and disgust when you see sweets. It makes the battle much easier, because then you only fight cravings, not desire. Cravings will eventually die, but your thoughts fuel desire.

12. cnjlakes

cnjlakes Active Member

Are you planning on a February challenge as well?

13. greengirl

greengirl Active Member

This is the challenge I need! Is there a february challenge?

14. gazareth

gazareth Senior Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Well I'm still going, even if there's not a separate February thread! I'm going to try and last all of February with one day off - 14th ;)

15. woodan

woodan Well-Known Member

Does dex in a PWO shake count?