1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

January 2009 TSM: CA$ON

Discussion in 'Transformation Spotlights' started by John Stone, Jan 12, 2009.

1. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

CA$ON's transformation is a fantastic example of what can be accomplished with hard work and dedication. In just one year's time he lost an amazing 96 pounds while dramatically improving his health and personal appearance. I know he will continue to amaze and inspire us all in 2009. Read on to learn how he changed his life forever!

BEFORE - JANUARY 12, 2008
    Height: 5' 9"

Weight: 275 Lbs
    Body fat: Unknown

Chest: Unknown
    Forearm: Unknown
    Arm: Unknown
    Waist: Unknown
    Hip: Unknown
    Quad: Unknown
    Calf: Unknown

Other: Size 46-48 pants, 3XL shirts, size 13 shoes

AFTER - January 4, 2009
    Height: 5' 10"

Weight: 179 Lbs
    Body fat: 12-14% (visual estimate)

Chest: 40"
    Forearm: 12.5"
    Arm: 15"
    Waist: 35.5"
    Hip: 38"
    Quad: 23"
    Calf: 15"

Other: Size 34 pants, L-XL shirts, size 11 shoes

BEFORE & AFTER:
    cason_before.jpg cason_after.jpg

Why did you decide to make a transformation?
    After being in a relationship for almost 5 years I was working nonstop and never did anything for my health. So after seeing this commercial on TV about heart disease I started to think about what if I had kids and died from a heart disease at a young age. The commercial also said that a person walking only 30 minutes a day 3 times a week can reduce heart diseases by 300%! That’s when I realized I needed to do something. Also 3 months into the New Year my relationship with my fiancée was over and made me really kick it in high gear of what I wanted to do for my future. One year later I was addicted to body building and eating healthy.

What sort of planning did you do before you started?
    The only planning I did at first was portion control and cardio with a treadmill and just your basic weight training nothing serious. Today I wish that I never jumped on that treadmill and I wish I spent more time with the weights. Eating habits were starting to change instead of fast food places I went to Publix for a sub sandwich or cooked at home. In June is when I really changed my diet and workout routine. I changed from working out 5-7 days a week to 3 days a week with Dr. Ellington Darden's book “The New HIT” and no cardio or other form of exercise.

What were your initial goals?
    My initial goal was to weigh less than 200lbs and fit into normal clothes not Wal-Mart huge sizes. To build back confidence in the way I look as well.

What was your diet and supplement intake like?
    My diet is a low calorie high carbohydrate diet. The macros have been 60% carbs, 20% protein, and 20% fats. Calories ranged from 1800 to 1100 depending on weight loss and other items. Supplements were all from Chris with www.AtLargeNutrition.com (Thanks Chris) except BCAA caps from ON. Supplements used by Atlarge include: Nitrean, Nitro, Thermocin, Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Results, ETS. The supplements I use daily are Multivitamin, Fish Oil, and BCAA caps 2-3 times a day. Also a huge player in diet was good ole water. The intake of cold water was around 1 gallon to 1.75 gallons per day.

What was your training like?
    At first training seemed as if I was not going anywhere quick, but then it started moving like a freight train in the last 6 months. Three days a week 90 minutes or less is all the time my training took with HIT. My common days for workouts were Sunday, Friday, and Wednesday. Those days I would spend 30 minutes or less at home using my Smith Machine combo from Sams club and a pair of dumbbells. I found that the optimal time for me to train was between 5pm and 7pm when I had the most energy. Every workout I did had 1 set and had to be on key to insure the intensity would get me leaner and grow muscle. Before this program I never experienced the muscular pump, gains, fat loss with anything else. Rest is very important and to not over train.

What obstacles did you encounter, and how did you overcome them?
    Some of the obstacles I faced were full time college schedule and two part time jobs. This made time very valuable. Other factors that I had to face were of course losing my fiancée, the passing of my father from a massive heart attack, and some heart issues recently discovered by my doctor that I might have. All of these items I turned into a positive and motivation to better myself.

How has your life changed?
    My life has changed dramatically. I have more confidence with my appearance and I can shop at pretty much any store to buy clothing. Women have noticed the changes and are of course some are acting more friendly than before. Overall I feel incredible and not sluggish like before. Building muscle and being able to see it in the mirror is astonishing of what a human can really do. After a work out when the blood is flowing and the pump is strong….The best feeling in the world to me is looking in that mirror and flexing every muscle I can and posing. I feel as if I am the incredible hulk and unstoppable.

How did JSF and the JSF Forums help you?
    At this time I would have to give a HUGE thanks to a member on JSF. His name on the forum is rtestes, without him I would not be where I am at. He helped me with my training schedule and my diet. If I had any questions about Darden's book he was right there with an answer. Also I would have to thank all of the other members that have helped me or motivated me through my journey. I push harder everyday because I know that someone is watching. Last but not least thank you John Stone for having this great online forum and community, I consider everyone on JSF a friend and would help them in any way I can.

What advice would you offer to others?
    Stick with it! Don’t get caught up in the science and studies and this and that. Find a program and stick with it. If there are no results by the second month then start looking at a change. Results will come only with what you put into it. Ask questions if you think you might be doing something wrong or incorrect. There is no need to be ashamed everyone has to learn somehow. If you are serious about a change be serious with what you do. Anything is possible….

Any closing thoughts?
    Only closing thought that I have is I can’t wait to get to that next level. Until then I will be pushing like a madman to get there. Thanks for your time.

Thank you, CA$ON! Congratulations on your amazing transformation!

2. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Absolutely phenomenal transformation!!!!:claplow:

Congrats on an incredibly inspirational makeover!! :tucool:

:claphigh:

3. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

Love the idea of a transformation Spotlight of the Month, Christy/John:tu: and of course I continue to follow and be inspired by Ca$on's great dedication and outstanding results, we know you will reach your goals, Ca$on:claphigh:

#3 Jedi, Jan 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Ca$on, I've been following along in your journal, but this just gives me another opportunity to send a huge cyber :tucool: for a fantastic transformation. Just awesome!

5. Sparx88

Sparx88 Active Member

Awesome accomplishment CA$ON.:tucool: I cant think of a more deserving candidate! Keep it up.

6. hed

hed Well-Known Member

Incredible transformation CA$ON. You are truly an inspiration.
    :tu:

7. smalltex

smalltex Well-Known Member

Great job CA$ON!!!!

8. J_W

J_W Well-Known Member

I said so in your journal, but it can't be said often enough: very inspirational. You've really done a phenomenal job. :bow:

I was wondering if you had any prior experience with weight training/athletics before you began your transformation or if this was your first exposure to training of any kind.

9. George

George Senior Member

Ca$on, while I have been reading your journal for some time, I had no idea of just how much you've managed to overcome during the past year. I am in awe at your willpower. :bow:

10. Kilter

Kilter Well-Known Member

Excellent, CA$ON! That's certainly an inspirational transformation. :tu:

11. ZxViCkYxZ

ZxViCkYxZ Active Member

Chris,

I've followed you through your journey from the very beginning, and I could not be any more proud. You came here ready to change and with hard work and persistance, you did. So proud of you buddy! You deserve every bit of this spotlight. I can't wait to see you tear it up even more!

12. Speedster

Speedster Active Member

CA$ON, I too follow your journal and I can't think of a better person to start off this new feature of John's. You're an inspiration to everyone and congrats on your accomplishments.

On a sidenote, I totally agree that rtestes is an amazing and valuable resource who I highly respect on here. He provides just the right amount of food for thought for me.

13. dkmahkee

dkmahkee Well-Known Member

Great job CA$ON! and congratulations for being selected as our very first TSotM!

14. akm3

akm3 Well-Known Member

Well done man!

15. gazareth

gazareth Senior Member

Awesome :nod:

16. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

woo hoo!! way to go buddy!! u were a perfect choice for the tsotm and an inspiration to us all. :nod:

17. vertigo88

vertigo88 Active Member

Well deserved!!

18. mlwinfrey

mlwinfrey Active Member

This is a wonderful story. Congratulations on your wonderful transformation. I am starting from nearly the same place as you as last monday I was 275. Your story is an inspiration. Keep it up.

19. eleonardo

eleonardo Well-Known Member

Shows to what amazing results determination and perseverance can lead to. :claplow:

20. talisman

talisman Active Member

so just to clarify something, you've added an inch of height after you started your transformation?

you my friend have done an excellent job and you should be proud of it!!

cheers