1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

<< Jack up your SQUAT >> (1.5 BW x 10) challenge

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by ellipticer, Apr 8, 2005.

1. ellipticer

ellipticer Well-Known Member

GOAL: To squat 1.5 times my bodyweight, 10 times w/ good form

This isn't a weight or fat-loss challenge; I'd like to find one or a few people that want to compare notes on improving their main lifts. If you'd like to participate in this challenge, I'd like it if you met the following criteria. You should be:

- male or female
    - a member of JSF for more than a few days and ready to stick it out to the end
    - able to squat your bodyweight from 1 to 5 times, but not much more
    - dedicated to improving your compound lifts

Assuming you are 180 pounds, you should be able to squat 180 x 1 to 180 x 5 or so. The goal of this challenge is to reach 270 x 10. There is no time limit as everyone will gain differently. I would like to get to 20 reps of that weight soon after, but 10 is a good starting number. I'm thinking it will take anywhere from 2 to 4 months to reach that 10 rep progression.

THE PRIZE: Strength, stability, and an overall better physique

Who's up for it? List your current stats and squat lifts and what your goal will be... how will you achieve it?

:db:

2. ellipticer

ellipticer Well-Known Member

Since I'm in this challenge alone, I would have to say I'm winning!! (big pat on the back)

When I posted the challenge, I could squat 155 x 6.

Two days ago, I did 205 x 9 and 175 x 20.. meaning I have reached my first goal, which is bodyweight x 10... almost bodyweight x 20. Next step is to hit 205 x 20 and then 300 x 10.