1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

JabbaTheGutt's Family Journal (2 for the price of one)...

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by JabbaTheGutt, Apr 8, 2005.

1. JabbaTheGutt

JabbaTheGutt Well-Known Member

JabbaTheGutt's Family Journal (2 for the price of 1) - His & Hers...

Well, it's been two months... Not a huge weight difference but we've most likely gained a little muscle (& water) which has offset the weight and our body composition. We're posting this to help keep us going. :o

Basically, what we've been up to so far:
    - Cardio (daily)
    - Weights (aiming for every other day)
    - Trying to follow BMR nutrition recommendations closely (vegan)

Here's where we were two months ago (sorry we'll have to try & find some older pics) and now...

Hers
    January 2005 = app. 190+ Lbs after having a baby 05-01-05 :d_tongue:
    05-02-07: Morning = 185 Lbs. @ 40% BF* / Night = 189 Lbs. @ 38% BF*
    05-04-07: Morning = 175 Lbs. @ 35% BF* / Night = 177 Lbs. @ 32% BF*
    05-06-07: Morning = 164 Lbs. / Night = 167 Lbs. @ ~ 28% BF*
    05-08-07: Morning = 155 Lbs. / Night = 158 Lbs. @ ~ 25% BF*
    05-10-05: Morning = 147 Lbs. / Night = ??? Lbs. @ ~ ??% BF*

His
    January 2005 = app. 245+ Lbs after having sympathy pregnancy :lol:
    05-02-07: Morning = 237 Lbs. @ 22% BF* / Night = 239 Lbs. @ 19% BF*
    05-04-07: Morning = 231 Lbs. @ 19% BF* / Night = 234 Lbs. @ 17% BF*
    05-06-07: Morning = 215 Lbs. / Night = 219 Lbs. @ ~ 12% BF*
    05-08-07: Morning = 202 Lbs. / Night = 206 Lbs. @ ~ 10% BF*
    05-10-05: Morning = 198 Lbs. / Night = ??? Lbs. @ ~ ? % BF*

* Morning BF % higher & weight lower (on a Tanita BF680 scale) because we're fasted & are a dehydrated. The "tape measurement" method (or dried off, after a shower) usually put us both a few BF%'s lower...

:confused: Please feel free to post any questions, comments, concerns, criticisms or especially advice. :nod:

Thanks

EDIT (05-05-11): :eek: Finally found & added some old before pics from around the beginning of '05. Mommy was just about to deliver & I looked more like a Sea Lion with all that extra girth (ouch!). Sorry about the quality - one is a crappy pic of a pic until I can scan it or find a better one.

Attached Files:

#1 JabbaTheGutt, Apr 8, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2007
  2. JabbaTheGutt

Princess Fiona... (please see post #1 for stats. & start pics)

Attached Files:

#2 JabbaTheGutt, Apr 8, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2005
  3. JabbaTheGutt

... and Shrek... (please see post #1 for stats. & start pics)

Attached Files:

#3 JabbaTheGutt, Apr 8, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2005
  4. JabbaTheGutt

#4 JabbaTheGutt, Apr 8, 2005
  5. JabbaTheGutt

05-04-10

Don't think we've been eating properly so we reviewed the BMR stuff to get a better idea...

BMR
    D's 1,553 - 1,746 (1,608 average)
    G's 2,225 - 2,681 (2,377 average)

X 1.2 Sedentary
    D= 1,930 G=2,852

X 1.55 Moderate
    D= 2,492 G=3,684

X 1.725 Very Active
    D= 2,774 G=4,100

2 Lbs. per week goal (- 1,000 / Day)

When "Moderate"... Protein/Carbs/Fat (40/40/20)
    D's 1,492 = 149/149/33 Grams
    G's 2,684 = 269/269/60

6. JabbaTheGutt

Still need more protein - going to have to forget about the whole 30 grams max. at a time theory and up it a bit to 40-45...

#6 JabbaTheGutt, Apr 11, 2005
  7. JabbaTheGutt

Starting to think this "Fasted", Low Intensity Cardio is really worth it. For my first two months, I burned thousands of calories with cardio & weights and the BF% went down soooo slow.

This week has been all "fasted" cardio, with a 45-60 minute break afterward before touching any breakfast. And now the BF seems to consistantly creep down a wee bit each day along with a little weight. It's especially encouraging since it's measured on our Tanita scale that I was starting to wonder about.

Of course, eating MORE and not overtraining with the weights may actually be helping to... must have been starvation mode or something.

Just happy today I guess because after starting somewhere in the mid 240's and only keeping track as of the high 230's, I finally just made it down into the 220's - Yeah! :D

I hope I can keep going forward strong...

As for my sweetie, I'm proud to say, she's continuing to chip away like crazy as she has from the very start, and will also be breaking into the next level down & get herself back into the 160's anyday now. :tu:

:drool: Hopefully, as sort of a cheat meal (not really, maybe just salt-wise) we're going to have some Veggie Indian food tonight. I'm really looking forward to some of their awesome Tarka Dahl (made from Lentils) which of course is a good source of protein - Mmmmm...

#7 JabbaTheGutt, Apr 13, 2005
  8. slush_puppy

slush_puppy Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you. Morning fasted moderate cardio is not my favorite cardio, but for me it's definitely the most effective for me. I'm back to doing that every morning to try to help kick up my current fat loss progress. Keep up the great work! :tucool:

9. JabbaTheGutt

Just edited our original Journal entry to add some old before pics and thought we'd also share a pic of where we currently do most of our exercise.

We haven't added much else on this particular Journal but we're still going at it regularly and prefer to post mostly on the current "Challenge".

We hope to have some good results when we get around to our next two month period which is coming up soon...

Thanks & groove on,

Attached Files:

#9 JabbaTheGutt, May 11, 2005
  10. JabbaTheGutt

We're both still at it...

I finally lifted weights where I would involve my sore, right forearm after at least a month of rest & recovery. I've mostly been sticking to things where I could avoid using it - heck I don't even like lifting the plates around right now because it hurts.

I did back & bi's the other day but only one exercise for each & it felt good. I'm not sore but I still know my forearm isn't 100% right just yet.

I'm kinda hoping that getting it to do some work will remind the rest of the body to take care of fixing the poor, soor thing... Shoulders tonight, so I'll be careful.

D's doing cardio right now, it was tricky getting the little one to have her afternoon sleep but now Mama's burnin' up the elliptical...

Keep on moving,

#10 JabbaTheGutt, May 26, 2005
  11. JabbaTheGutt

Oh ya, I should mention, crunches on the exercise ball are great. Don't know why we didn't try them sooner - ouch! :D

#11 JabbaTheGutt, May 26, 2005
  12. JabbaTheGutt

Thanks again BB. I tested & it's working great. My Firefox Browser even seems to be behaving today. Usually it only works on your "MuscleTank" Forum but not when I go on to "**************.Net". Today it's all good. :biggrin:

Now, almost cardio time. My sweetie's already doing hers...

#12 JabbaTheGutt, Jun 4, 2005
  13. AndiMAC

AndiMAC Well-Known Member

Yeah I just tried one for the first time 2 weeks ago. That thing kicked my abs's butt. Last week I found a book at Barnes and Noble that has all kinds of exercises u can do on a fitness ball, even with weights.

14. JabbaTheGutt

Hello & I hope everyone is doing well...

Updated stats. as per bi-monthly increments. Haven't gotten around to new pics yet as our "Amazon Lawn" needed a good mowing today & we were in need of some groceries. Hopefully soon - maybe in the morning, although I personally don't feel like I need pics for motivation as wer'e still pretty darned determined. Still they're good for comparison's sake down the road...

Sure am tempted to double up on Cardio (45 min. Mtn. Biking in a.m. & 45 min. elliptical in p.m.) or lengthen the L.I.S.S. to 75 min. or take no days off for the rest of the month or who knows... I know, proper nutrition is the key though... but I think we've pretty much made that a habit by now - wasn't too hard as we were Vegan to begin with & used to scrutinizing everything we ate - portion control & timing was the key.

Still taking it fairly easy on many of the weight work-outs as this darned right forearm (splints?) is still sore.

Keep on movin',

#14 JabbaTheGutt, Jun 7, 2005
  15. JabbaTheGutt

Went for a 75 minute (fasted) Mtn. Bike ride this morning before it really heated up around here (supposed to get up to 32 C. plus humidity).

Then I found out they just caught a bear near here yesterday, might have been good to know before headin' near the trails - oops... I did see a wild turkey & a chipmunk though.

Second ride this week & man it sure gets rough on the butt & legs, even with the shocks & padded shorts. Guess I should get a better seat. Oh well, it's just nice to get out & smell the fresh country air rather & change things up rather than the usual elliptical routine.

#15 JabbaTheGutt, Jun 10, 2005
  16. JabbaTheGutt

Hello all;

Going to upload a new pic. taken tonight (please see above, posts #1-3). Wasn't going to even bother until I reached at least 10% but my sweetie had me do hers on JSF (sneaky, I think she tricked me). Also my former challenge buddy "WhO" decided to step up so I had to as well.

Kinda wish I took them in the morning though as there always seems to be more definition in the a.m. (or I guess after a work-out would have helped but it's only a cardio day today)... Oh well, I'll make up for it at the end at 8%... please come soon... I have seen 11.7 on the scale this week so hopefully maybe another 6-8 weeks of hard (but enjoyable) work...

Anyways, it's after 11:00 P.M., the wee ones are in bed and my wife is pulling one of my routines & making up for slacking during the day by making sure the work gets done one way or the other - she's doing 45+5 on the elliptical... at least she can flip betwen MadTV, SNL & whatever else - if they're half decent at all tonight.

Anyways, hope everyone is getting where they want to be, slowly but surely.

Keep on movin,

#16 JabbaTheGutt, Jun 11, 2005
  17. JabbaTheGutt

Also, just wanted to to say "I'm proud of you" to my sweetie for stickin' to it all this time with me & all my craziness... Down from 190ish to 162 & I know you'll reach your goals very soon. Great job!

See this: Post #2 Right Here

Morning weigh-ins (on empty) today...
    Hers = 162 (150's coming soon)
    His = 212 (200's coming soon)

Well, it's semi-fasted cardio this afternoon & a wimpy Back/Bi's work-out later tonight hopefully. Sure would like it if my forearm (splints?) would heal soon as I really haven't been able to do much...

Thanks & keep on movin',

#17 JabbaTheGutt, Jun 12, 2005
  18. JabbaTheGutt

Hello;

Joined a new J.S.F. "6 Week Cutting Challenge" with my sweetie HERE
    http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?t=16983&page=1&pp=20

Still may be open if anyone else is interested... We both did our 60 minutes of Cardio today and now we've gotta run & shop for Birthday presents & other stuff as our biggest Princess will turn 3 on Thursday. She's a Father's Day baby & the best gift one could ask for...

Thanks, good luck & keep on movin',

#18 JabbaTheGutt, Jun 13, 2005
  19. JabbaTheGutt

Yay! I finally reached sub-210's for morning weight... 209.4 to be more precise.

Funny, since I remember being happy when I had dropped down to reach the high 220's and it didn't seem too long ago.

As the body weight is getting lower, I realize that I really can't rely too much on my Tanita scale for accuarte BF readings (all along) because I feel I still have a few Lbs. to go to tighten things up to get to 10% & much more to get to 8%. It has read as low as 9.4% (dried off after a shower) but I know that's wrong 'cause I still feel like 12 or maybe 11% at best...

Hopefully not too much lean stuff has gone as I haven't been able to perform certain upper body exercises (curls, etc.) the way I would have liked for quite a while due to a sore right forearm - at least it's made me complete my squats on a more regular basis anyway.

Thanks, take care & keep on movin',

P.S. I haven't posted as much on here lately as I'm currently focused on this 18 member, J.S.F. "6 Week Cutting Challenge". Today will actually be our 10th. official day (14th. day in total) in a row of cardio (with weights mixed in a few days per week) here:

http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?t=16983&page=1&pp=20

#19 JabbaTheGutt, Jun 22, 2005
  20. JabbaTheGutt

Hello;

Well after the first 2 weeks of this "6 week Cutting Challenge" on J.S.F. (http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?t=16983&page=1&pp=20) I'm pleased to say my sweetie has finally reached the sub 160s again (morning ~ 159 Lbs.) and I have seen 208 a few times and even been as low as 207.4 so far.

Funny how when we started out we really didn't think we had to lose too much (oh ya, maybe just 10 or 20 Lbs. at most... wrong!) & now I'm starting to think that I may actually have to get down to the low 200s or even just under to reach my goal of 8%... who knew?

Really starting to wonder if we maybe we should shift a little less from the Cardio side of things & get back into weight training a little more... sure would love it if my right forearm would heal though - babying it hasn't seemed to be the cure so maybe it's getting time to see a Doctor for some help with it...

Good luck everyone & keep on movin',

#20 JabbaTheGutt, Jun 27, 2005