1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

I've missed this site

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by vesuvio, Sep 28, 2011.

1. vesuvio

vesuvio Well-Known Member

Just checked in, and it says my last log-in was Oct 2009.. wow. That is not acceptable. These forums are great, just wanted to say it.

2. akm3

akm3 Well-Known Member

Welcome back!

3. astroguy

astroguy Well-Known Member

I like the site, SO much nicer than the folks over at bodybuilding.com, but there's not much traffic here. :(

4. Mantis

Mantis Active Member

ya, i've noticed that since ive been back that there is significantly less posting than there was a couple years ago. OMG maybe its because im back!! *gasp*.

Perhaps it will pick up again when everyone starts their winter bulk here shortly.

5. astroguy

astroguy Well-Known Member

Perhaps. Maybe John would be willing to post site traffic stats so we could see if there's a correlation with season?

6. TheThirdMohican

TheThirdMohican Active Member

I disappeared for a bit and then came back earlier this year. It's still as great and supportive as always but the volume of threads has declined significantly. It's weird because the same great people are still around, people are just writing less and less. Everyone is growing up and getting busy I guess :lol:

7. chicanerous

chicanerous Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I asked John about this a few months ago and I think he related that, while posting has slowed, viewing has increased. You can note this when you look at the Currently Active Users panel at the bottom of the forum index.

8. Robert2006

Robert2006 Active Member

If you consider the number of members if everybody made one posting every other day :nod:

9. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

I'm not sure the number of posters has decreased all that much .... Just mostly a decrease in the number of posts from those with the highest post counts. If you look at the top 10 posters in terms of post counts, most of them rarely post anymore .... so I think that is what makes it seem "slower".

10. RTE

RTE Well-Known Member

Y'all even woke me up. My brain has turned to mush and my body hasn't seen a good workout in months. and looks it. The wife and I have got to HIT the iron or we will never recover.

:tucool:

11. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

Good to see you back RTE!