1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Itsbrad VS. QuikZ06

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by itsbrad, Jun 23, 2004.

1. itsbrad

itsbrad Well-Known Member

Well I posted in the find a partner thread and got a response out of QuikZ06.

RULES :

Challenge starts ASAP and runs until Sept 4th(almost 10 weeks if my math is correct!).

I am aiming for this challenge to be a loss of BF% along with overall change being taken into consideration as well.

Users will vote on winner when last photos are posted.

Photos will be posted today(June 23) Middle of comp. July 28th and end of comp. Sept 4th.

Pics will be standard Front, Side, and Rear. Flexed and unflexed.

Itsbrads Stats :

Weight: 197.5 (morning)
    Height : 68 inches
    BF % : 18%

QuikZ06 Stats :

Weight 211
    Height : 68 inches
    BF % : 23%

Itsbrad Pics

Front :
    [​IMG]

Front Flexed :
    [​IMG]

Side :
    [​IMG]

Side Flexed :
    [​IMG]

Back :
    [​IMG]

Back Flexed :
    [​IMG]

#1 itsbrad, Jun 23, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2004
  2. Shadow12

Shadow12 Well-Known Member

Guys shed that bodyfat and you will both have alot of muscle. Lose the weight slowly and carefully and do weight training. Keep it up

3. TheLemonSong

TheLemonSong Well-Known Member

Great starting points guys! Also, both of yer tatts are going to look even MORE badass after you cut!!

4. QuikZ06

QuikZ06 Well-Known Member

2 weeks ago I was down to 204.8, but according to DietPower my metabolism had dropped to 2200 from 2650. So I have spent the last 16 days eating what ever I want, for however many calories to bring it back up. I weighted in at 213.4 Monday morning, no big deal. I know there was no fat gained because I was eating mildly above maintainence. As of Thur am I am at 209.6 so the food is still making it thru my system.

Starting Monday I will get back into lifting Via MAX-OT. This time I am going to actually follow the routine, week by week.

Cardio will be 30-45 min HIIT style rollerblading, Biking, or running. This will be done in the early am, like 4:30 am.

Eating will be 40-40-20
    1 g of protein per lb of Body weight, not Lean. = 209g -> 836 Cal
    1 g of carb to equal the percentage of protein = 209g -> 836 Cal
    20% of total calories from Fat to be = 46g -> 414 Cal
    TOTAL CAL 2086
    So at a current maintainance of 2700 cal
    Actual caloric intake 2086 cal
    Caloric deficit -614
    Net result of 1.2 lbs fat lost per week
    Factor in HIIT 3 days a week 600-750 cal -> -.64 Lbs per week
    Factor in MAX-OT 5 days a week 600 cal -> -.86 lbs per week

Grand total Fat loss estimate per week = 2.7
    This rate will most likely have a negative effect on my metabolism, so I will be watching it very closely. If my metabolism drops too fast I will be adding in more cal, or dropping the cardio a bit. As I DON'T want to eat any less than 2000 cal.
    I have a scheduled week of maintainence after week 7. I may or may not use this week. Depends on how the met rate is doing.

5. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Well-Known Member

QuikZ06, how long have you been using DietPower? If you're an experienced user of the software, please forgive me for butting in here. You're metabolism might not be slowing down. The software takes everything into account when calculating your metabolism. If you are off on your caloric input or your exercise amount, it will adjust your metabolism accordingly. For instance, if you are overestimating your exercise calories, the software will adjust by lowering your estimated metabolic rate.

The software really is fool proof as you can estimate your inputs any way you want to do it and the software will make automatic adjustments depending on your weight loss. The key to making the software work is to be consistent with all your estimations.

Again, if you're an experienced user of the software, ignore this post. If you're a new user, I suggest you trust the software. I've been using DietPower for three months, following its advice exactly, and I'm right on track with the scheduled weight loss.

6. QuikZ06

I've been using DietPower for 6 months. As to the accuracy of my calorie intake, I use a digital scale to measure everything. As to the accuracy of my exercise calorie burn I use a Polar A32(?) heart monitor. My first stage of fat loss I was way too aggressive. So it did slow my metabolism down.

7. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Well-Known Member

Ok, I believe you!! Good luck with your challenge.

8. itsbrad

I guess Ill throw my workout/diet info up. I workout Mon/Wed/Fri weights and Sat/Sun Cardio. I dont do Max OT bc I feel I havent been working out long enough and Im not ready for that yet so I have a specifically designed workout routine with weights.
    Cardio is a variation of Running/Elliptical. Since I tore a ligament in my knee while in the Army sometimes Elliptical is a lot better on my knee.

Diet is where Im hurting myself. And is the reason for this challange. My eating habits are not the BEST but not the worst. Meat wise I only eat chicken, I eat a lot of vegetarian soy. I am starting to get into a set pattern of eating habits and hope that this and Quik motivate me to sticking to it!

:bb:

9. QuikZ06

Friday Weight-in

I am so ready to obliterate these next 20 lbs
    190 here I come.
    Lets rock!

10. itsbrad

Just an update...Lost a few lbs so now Im at 193.5 WOOT! Im doing a MaxOT type workout(Heavier weights, less reps) as Ive incorporated some of my old routines as well as some MaxOT recommended routines. I can def feel a difference when I lift now maybe its all in my head but I like the feeling! Been eating a lot of rice/eggs/tuna/salmon and havent "snacked" as much although it does occasionally get me :( which is a disappointment. I have cut out regular soda and am drinking more and more water(aim for 3 1liter bottles) each day so Im hoping that that will help as well. I cant wait till the next set of pics hopefully Ill look as good as I feel!

:db: :bb:

11. Fabian

Fabian Guest

Cant wait for the progress pics, two big power houses going head to head....gotta love it, :gl: both of ya!

12. itsbrad

WHEW two more weeks until new pics are posted. Unfortunately for me I havent really seen too much fat loss as I have not been sticking to cardio :( I have been hitting the weights and now notice a lot of change as far as certain muscle groups are concerned. Im stepping up the cardio(7 days a week) and see how that goes. Hopefully Ill be ready for these new set of pics in 14 days! Hopefully Quik is keeping up his progress as well?!?

13. shyapril

shyapril Well-Known Member

:D guuuuuuuys...

can't wait for the result!! :spaz:

:gl: my fingers are crossed for both of you! :flex:

14. BamaDave

BamaDave Well-Known Member

Man, you guys are perfectly matched for a challenge! Maybe you are identical twins, separated at birth?? ;) :D

15. QuikZ06

Disappointed thus far!

I'm not too happy with my results thus far. Been repairing a slow metabolism. Which is not the easiest thing to do and lose weight. I've been on a maintence diet since the beginning. Second half watch out. I have the metabolism ramped up, I have a workout partner now, Diet is in order.

16. itsbrad

I started this challenge and have had nothing but great results, Ive done nothing but improve and lift more weight almost each week. Ive noticed a gradual increase in body weight but I am attributing that to the ol muscle weighs more than fat cliche. Ive now started more hardcore cardio/ab training now. I am doing cardio(running 30-45 min) 5 days a week and adding crunches/leg raises/leg pull ins/etc to my training 3 to 4 days a week. I HOPE that things look to you guys/gals as good as they do to me :)

17. itsbrad

Pics coming !!!!!!!

18. itsbrad

Pics will be up tonight!!!!!!

19. itsbrad

Ok here are halfway pics

Before:
    [​IMG]
    After: