1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Its about time I posted some pics- I need everyone to put me under pressure!

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by marcus, Feb 14, 2004.

1. marcus

marcus Well-Known Member

I thought it was about time I posted some pics.

I'm 21, have always played sport but my diet has always been bad so I've always carried some fat.

On the 11th of September 2003 I saw Johns site and decided to make a change. I was 82.5 kg or 181lbs. My body fat was 14.4% (I'm not sure how accurate that is) I was doing HIIT in the mornings, Weight Training 3 times a week and playing various sports. The most important thing is that I was logging my diet and being strict.

On Day 49 on the 30th October I was at about 78 kg or 171lbs and happy with my progress. Thsi is where it kind of fell apart. I had a busy couple of weeks and used it as an excuse to stop logging and planning my diet. My diet gradually became bad and my progress stoped and I even think I put on a few pounds. Before it fell apart I think my bodyfat% was 11-12% but once again I'm not sure.

Fast Foward to the present 14th Feb 2004. I've been training hard for the last two months and my weight is down to 77.5kg or 170lbs. I think I have also put on some muscle but I am yet to do my bodyfat%. When I do I'll put it in my journal. The only thing I havent been doing is tracking my diet. Its been pretty good but not as good as it can be.

So after psoting on this site for the last couple of weeks I'm ready to commit and train perfectly and track my diet down to the last calorie.

I want to get my bodyfat% into single figures and then I will start
    bulking.

Thanks for reading this, I'm going to use everyone here as motivation and post my pics every two weeks and if I dont I expect you guys to grill me. I'm also starting a journal to keep myself on track.

Any feeback would be great, I'll post my program soon in my online journal.

The first two pics are of when I originally started. The 3rd and 4th are just before I went off track and the last two were taken today.

I'll post the first 4 pics in this post and the current ones in the next post.

Ignore the facial expressions, Im not a morning person.

Marcus

2. marcus

marcus Well-Known Member

Current Pics

Marcus :tucool:

3. Berran

Berran Well-Known Member

Looking good so far! Good luck and stick to it!! I look forward to seeing updates as you progress!

4. seeDerekNow

seeDerekNow Well-Known Member

good progress! We all stumble along our journey. The good thing is, you're now re-focused. Keep it up!

5. JazzyJersey

JazzyJersey Well-Known Member

It would really be helpful if you post like pictures (day 1 face and day 49 face fwd) together for easier comparison. However, it more than obvious that you made some excellent progress. We'll be routing for ya and watching your progress. Stay committed!

6. marcus

marcus Well-Known Member

good idea, it didnt even occur to me to present them that way. I'm at work so I dont have the originals do that might look a bit poor and I;ve only bothered doing the front shots.

After looking at them side by side it makes me realise that there isnt that much change. From the first photo to the last I lost 5kgs or 11lbs.

Well I'm not far from my goals (maybe 8 weeks) and then I should be able to start bulking. :db:

Attached Files:

7. marcus

marcus Well-Known Member

Berran, seeDerekNow,

Thanks for the comments guys, Its almost been a full day and I'm glad I've made the commitment. I feel like I've made progress already.

8. escher

escher Well-Known Member

Marcus you're making good progress. You can see a definitely change, as your body is a lot slimmer in the midsection. You can also see your triceps popping out too. Keep it up man!

9. JazzyJersey

JazzyJersey Well-Known Member

Marc

The side-by-side comparisons really demonstrates the remarkable progress you have made. Nice job!

Now, you've confused me, though. The 3rd picture reads Day 1 revised with a date of Valentine's Day. Are you scrapping all that you've done and effectively starting over?

10. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

You are doing very well so far marcus. I'm glad that you didn't let your setback stop you from trying to reach your goals. You don't really have far to go, so stick with it and before you know it you'll be where you want to be. Good luck!

11. Razor

Razor Well-Known Member

Looking good. Keep it up :cool:

12. marcus

marcus Well-Known Member

Thanks for the comments everyone :tu:

JazzyJersey,

I've restarted the days because after day 49 I stopped logging my diet and effectively stopped counting the days. I figured I'm kind starting the program again so I might as well restart the day number even though the real start date is 11th sep 2003.

I'm on day 3 now, man the day are ticking over slowly, but I feel as motivated as ever.