1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Is too much fat dangerous?

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by Bt443407, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Bt443407

Bt443407 Active Member

Hey everyone-

During my bulking phase the past couple months, I have added more fats to my diet to help bump up the calories. My fat sources are the following:

Almonds
    Eggs
    Milk
    Cheese
    Olive Oil
    Fish oils
    Peanut butter

I try to keep my saturated fats as low as possible (always under 100% DV)

Anyways, my question is, is it unhealthy for me to eat too much fat, even if they are good fats. For example, everyday I eat an entire 6 oz can of almonds, which is approx. 1000 calories, and 96g of fat. 4 eggs, olive oil, cheese, and other foods give me a daily fat intake of approx. 170g of fat. Is this too much, or dangerous for my health? I always drink 1-2 gallons of water daily, and eat my bodyweight in protein and all complex carbs.

Thanks!
    Brian

2. George

George Senior Member

I wouldn't worry about it. Ratio of fat is going to be more important than absolute fat numbers, and it looks like you've got a good mix going.

3. needachange

needachange Active Member

Agreed.

Keep your consumption of Trans Fats (except where it occurs naturally) low and you will be fine.

4. HevyMetal

HevyMetal Well-Known Member

Maybe you might want to read "The Framington Study" for some eye-openers about fat and a few other things.

IMO the biggest enemy you've got in fats is anything that has the word "Hydrogenated" or "partially Hydrogenated" on the label.

These and Trans-Fats are killer fats.....however "naturally occuring" Trans Fats (which are found in meat and dairy for starters) aren't all that bad if they are natural.

It's the man-made s**t you have to worry about.

If you are using solid-block margarine......stop immediately.

It's the worst stuff you can eat.