1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Is this really Arnold?

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by inurb, Jan 20, 2005.

1. inurb

inurb Well-Known Member

A coworker sent this to me today and he swears it's Arnold in the right image. I don't buy it. I think it's a photochop. Do you guys agree?
    [​IMG]

2. RoyPardo

RoyPardo Well-Known Member

Well in T3 he looked fit, yet he is what 55 - 56?

3. Ken In Canada

Ken In Canada Well-Known Member

Man, that site does NOT like Mozilla.

Nor is it exactly...er, work-safe.

It's P'shop'd.

Ken

4. badgolfer

badgolfer Well-Known Member

photoshop. see the shadow of his head on his chest. then look at the shadow of his body on the ground. its off to the right. it should be in front of him to match his head.

5. yirmeyah

yirmeyah Well-Known Member

Good job badgolfer...you should work for the fbi. :-D

6. simon.karlsson

simon.karlsson Well-Known Member

it´s arnold :(

I admit the shadows being doubtful, however I have seen the whole series of images that this one come from in a magazine, and it is showing arnold and his whole family on a beach somewhere. All the images were taken from different angles and also showed maria and his kids in them. I am sorry to anounce that this is actually arnold. But he has his off seasons too, I think if he wanted he could pump up thoose muscles and get rid of the exess fat in matter of a couple of weeks. He looked fit in T3, but I´ve heard that they needed to make some visual adjustments to make him look as buff as Terminator is supposed to be.

7. ABguy

ABguy Well-Known Member

Come on now, ah-nold would never let himself go like that !! ;)

8. corbint

corbint Well-Known Member

that pic is really arnold, and has been discussed in depth on other sites. the picture was taken a short month or two after he had heart surgery and was unable to do any type of workout or cardio. remember that about 9 months after his surgery he had to begin filming T3, so he did get back into shape.

look closely at the legs, those are his legs and resemble the legs from the 70s. look at the shape of the quads. there are other pics of arnold from the beach that day that show the leg shape better...

9. FionaMaeve

FionaMaeve Well-Known Member

Well, if the guy had just had surgery, I don't think it's any big deal. He's awesome. :jumping: :D

10. inurb

inurb Well-Known Member

How can a body revert to that after not doing any cardio or lifting? He must have had the worst diet possible. If you have muscle mass and you dont work out but eat right can't you retain that muscle?

11. badgolfer

badgolfer Well-Known Member

even if it really is him its not nice to see him wearing the same style shorts from when he was ripped.

12. RMe

RMe Well-Known Member

Banana Hammocks should never be worn no matter how ripped a person is! :p

13. escher

escher Well-Known Member

Sure its sad, to see someone as esteemed in weightlifting, and respected as arnold go to pot, but he IS getting old and I suppose it happens easier when you get old. It seems hard to believe those pics are real, espeically when the next page in the tabloid has the 3 headed chicken. (I dont know that it actually does, but they have some riddulous pictures in!) But I suppose it is possible he did look that bad at one point. From what I've seen he seems to be in relatively good shape now. I dont know muscular he is these days, but it has to be better than in that picture! Say it isnt so aah-nold!!

14. daciz2

daciz2 Well-Known Member

If it is really him, i blame it on steriods. I remember Frank Zane saying your muscles would last longer if you didn't take steriods. that you shouldn't use a "quick fix". that's my opinion.

15. uRi

uRi Well-Known Member

he is born 1947, that's 58, almost 59 years... now you try to maintain your state when you had a surgery at that age. in t3 he didn't look all that bad, so i guess he recovered...
    another fact is that your body-fat percentage rises with your age and one should not expect a 58 year old person to be as ripped as a mid-end 20 year old, especially after a surgery.

16. Vires

Vires Well-Known Member

That picture is Arnold, what it is neglecting to mention is that by "now" it means awhile before they even shot Terminator 3. That picture is ooooooold.

17. Avanti

Avanti Well-Known Member

Yeah, I remember seeing it in a gossip magazine several yaers ago.
    Does anyone have any "new" pictures of Arnold sans chemises..?

18. RTE

RTE Well-Known Member

Heart operation was in 1997, he has made 6 films since then, how did he look? Plus being governor.

He certainly can't keep his body in the same shape of his glory days.

19. Lurifax

Lurifax Well-Known Member

Try eating a diet with 6000 calories and training 2 times a day. Then quit your workout and continue with the diet for how long that took, you'll see.
    Beside, his an expert in fitness, but even more important his expert on his own body. I've bet he been shaped, unshaped plenty of times before.

20. Timbermiko

Timbermiko Well-Known Member

Right -O!!!