1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Is it ok to use NO2 with Coffee?

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by The1andonly, Jul 13, 2010.

1. The1andonly

The1andonly Active Member

I drink about 2 cups of coffee per day....one in the morning and usually before my workouts......I am planning on supplementing with NO2 (which has worked for me in the past but I wasnt a coffee drinker then) will the caffeine in the coffee affect the NO2 benefits? I heard that NO2 enlarges veins while coffee does the opposite....is this true?

2. Bt443407

Bt443407 Active Member

I wouldn't personally do that, because I get bad anxiety and very jittery. I can handle a couple cups of coffee, but not the NO.

Make sure you read the label - it warns against mixing it with certain medications/other drugs, and if I remember correctly it mentioned caffeine?

What are your goals? In my opinion NO Xplode is a useless and expensive supplement. Nothing compares to a good multi, fishoils, a good diet and training program. Most of the crap out there does nothing besides at most give you a pump at the gym.

Brian

3. George

George Senior Member

:nod:
    Think of all the steak you could be spending that money on.

4. sevenatenine

sevenatenine Active Member

I have never used that supplement, but I use dimatize xtreme pump which is supposed to be the same sort of "nitrous oxide" supplement and it contains caffeine in itself (I think its given some "natural" name in the ingredients, but its caffeine either way). I regularly drink very strong coffee throughout the day, sometimes shortly before drinking my pre workout supplement and the only adverse side effect I noticed is I get the caffeine jitters from the double dose of caffeine. Too much caffeine isn't my idea of a good time, but IIRC a fatal dose of caffeine is some silly amount that you could never take by accident. Also since it contains caffeine with the beta alanine and arginine I assume they are quite safe to mix and match.

Now weather or not you should take a pre workout supplement is another thread altogether.

5. NCNBilly

NCNBilly Well-Known Member

Lethal dose of caffeine is around 1200mg iirc, which would be 6 no doz. Caffeine's halflife is about an hour.

6. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

Lethal dose should be much higher than this ..... and, half-life is around 5 hours.

EDIT: Just looked it up....for humans, the LD50 is estimated to be around 100-200 mg/kg. So, a 220 pound person would have to consume between 10,000-20,000mg in order to be lethal .... or about 50-100 nodoz pills.

#6 JoeSchmo, Jul 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  7. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

A lot of NO supps have caffeine in them....so, I don't imagine coffee will interfere with the NO2 too much. That said, I am not a big believer in NO supps personally.