1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

iPods?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by YZF_Odom, Nov 26, 2004.

1. YZF_Odom

YZF_Odom Well-Known Member

I know similar topics have been posted but I have a question concerning the new 4th Generation iPods that are 40 GB. Are they worth it? And does music help you make bigger strides when working out or doing cardio. Also i'll be using this for personal use like on everyday use when walking around so it's just not for working out and stuff. Also are there any good straps so when I jogg it will stay strapped.

Anyway great board looks very informative, can't wait for a reply.

2. badgolfer

badgolfer Well-Known Member

40Gb is a huge amount of space. even the minis at 20Gb is may more than i need. being able to hold that many songs just doesnt seem worth it to me for the price. theres one on sale today that i am getting that holds 256 that also double as a pen drive. i can put more than one hundred songs on it and still have room to put files on it to take back and forth from work. when the price of the ipods comes down to a reasonable level i will get one but until then this will do me just fine.

3. YZF_Odom

like i said i will be using it on a daily use so i would like to carry all my music which is 35 GB right now. so they 40 GB mark is almost there. just seeing if it makes cardio easier to do meaning that you can go farther distances. and also if there is a good iPod sport armband or some kinda of case that works good.

4. Jaybird

Jaybird Well-Known Member

I'm an iPod user. I go to www.ipodlounge.com for all the info/reviews/tips/tricks that you'll ever need to know.

5. pixie

pixie Well-Known Member

I have a mini iPod and I l..o..v..e it!
    It has the smallest storage space of the line but for me it is more than enough space. In fact, I can hardly remember all the variety of music I have on there. It's so much. I can't imagine trying to fill and keep track of 40 gig of music storeage space.

6. jtelling

jtelling Well-Known Member

I have the 20 gig Gen4 iPod, and I use it in my car 99% of the time. I have roughly 15 gigs worth of music on it, and I just tell it to shuffle through all of them. I get to hear songs that I had forgotten about or hadn't listened to in a long time, which is nice. I set up a "workout" playlist that had all my hard hitting stuff. That worked out well.

I *did* get mine through the freeipods site. Very cool, I highly recommend getting yourself a free one as well ;)

7. JetGirl

JetGirl Well-Known Member

I have a 20gb 3rd gen iPod. I take it out whenever I go jogging (either holding it in my hand or putting it in my running vest). No problems with skipping or anything. Music really motivates me.. especially when I'm doing something I hate (running!). ;)

8. jtelling

jtelling Well-Known Member

I did notice that when I was on the treadmill with the iPod, compared to without the iPod, my distance walked was further and my calories burned was more.

JetGirl - what's a running vest?

9. The_Jackel

The_Jackel Well-Known Member

great, i had to pay £210 for my 4th gen 20gig ipod :( you yanks get it so easy with free ipods and stuff ;)

10. The_Jackel

The_Jackel Well-Known Member

20 gb mini ?

11. YZF_Odom

yeah well no one helps out with the whole free one so i would just break down and buy the damn thing....lol

12. badgolfer

badgolfer Well-Known Member

look at that i screwed up. :o

13. JetGirl

JetGirl Well-Known Member

Heh, it's a vest I picked up at a store that I call my running vest because I only where it when I go running. It has an inside pocked I tuck my iPod into and keeps my body warm from the evily cold Canadian wind ;)