1. JSF is shutting down on February 12, 2020. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

iPod adapter for my car

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Kino, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Kino

Kino Well-Known Member

Well I'm looking to move up into the world of MP3 technology, and I'm seriously thinking of grabbing a 30g iPod (or maybe just the 4g Nano). I'm looking for input regarding car adapters, since that's where it'll be the majority of the time.

Thanks

2. ebatch20

ebatch20 Well-Known Member

I have used the Belkin Wireless Adapter for the car the charges the IPOD for over a year now. No major complaints, I take it with me everywhere I go. One problem is finding a clean & clear radio station when in a major city. For instance, Chicago I have found 2.. they both work better depending on where you are in the Chicago Area.

There are TONS of IPOD accessories out there now.. I'm sure ones with better wireless by now as well.

Belkin is a pretty good brand.

3. Thrillhouse17

Thrillhouse17 Well-Known Member

I've had the best luck with the good old fashioned cassette tape like adaptor. Just plug it into where your headphones plug in, and stick the cassette tape in your player (if you still have a cassette tape player in your car). I've tried the Belking Wireless adaptor, and it isn't too bad. The audio quality is basically like radio quality...which is ok, but not near as good as Ipod quality. It does charge your Ipod however, which can be usefull.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6714451&type=product&id=1083714106301

4. chicanerous

chicanerous Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Use a cassette input or a direct auxiliary input (if available). My brother has one of the highest rated (for sound quality) radio inputs and it still sounds atrocious.

5. Coachese

Coachese Well-Known Member

It depends on how much you want to spend. Car audio shops have a high(er) end adapter (that requires installation) that hooks directly into your stereo.

This should help:

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10895_7-6212328-1.html

6. TylerGred

TylerGred Well-Known Member

I have an alpine cd deck in my car that has an actual ipod adaptor hooked into it. I have the cable running into my center console so I just plug it in to that and I'm able to browse playlists and change songs all on my cd player. The sound is the best too. I highly suggest you look into spending a little extra money on that.

7. jaydfwtx

jaydfwtx Well-Known Member

8. vesuvio

vesuvio Well-Known Member

I used to use the radio adapter, but the sound quality was not very good. My new ride has an ipod adapter directly in the stereo, but I need to buy a cord.. So umm I'll sell you my radio adapter!