1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting conflagration over American Pure Whey and content on Reddit Fitness

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by Budoka, May 9, 2012.

1. Budoka

Budoka Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2004
    "I have just returned from my laboratory dungeon and do not have good news regarding American Pure Whey. I need to formally work up the numbers, but a qualitative eyeballing of the results tells me that either I royally f'd up these two assays (not likely, considering I did 8 independent ones for four separate APW flavors) or there is far less protein in their powder than they claim."

Which was followed up by an offer to test other commercial protein mixes by another user...

Offering broscience service: I'll test your protein powders:

Here's a Google docs spreadsheet of the brands being tested as a result of that thread:

I neither endorse nor decry such efforts, merely posting for anyone who might find it of mutual interest.

#1 Budoka, May 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
  2. Arcus

Arcus Active Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Most interesting. But where are the results of this testing?? They weren't on the docs spreadsheet that was linked.
  3. HevyMetal

HevyMetal Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Just looking over the specs....it's kind of alarming the amount of Cadmium,Arsenic and Mercury found in ANY of the powders they list.

Acceptable levels?........hmmmm....makes me think of wars...where they have an "acceptable body count".

Some people out there ingest whey protein by the bucketful daily.......I'd be concerned about the cumulative effect of these toxins.