1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Inspire M3

Discussion in 'Gym Equipment' started by tsg2513, Apr 18, 2007.

1. tsg2513

tsg2513 Well-Known Member

Just got my new Inspire M3 today. All I can say is "WOW". This thing is awesome. Talk about precision. This thing is the smoothest home gym I've ever owned (and I've owned many over the years).

Attached Files:

• 019.jpg
      019.jpg
      File size:
      39 KB
      Views:
    • 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      44.2 KB
      Views:
    • 016.jpg
      016.jpg
      File size:
      39.8 KB
      Views:
  2. BloodNinja

BloodNinja Active Member

I was wondering how you would grade the M3 now that you've had some time to try it out over a long period of time. The wife and I have been looking at a few home gyms and leaning heavily towards Inspire. The 'wow' factor is definitely there and it seem extremely smooth in the store. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

3. tsg2513

After about 8 months of consistant use, I am still seriously impressed with the M3. In fact, there isn't (IMO) another compact home gym in this range that can come close. I've had a Vectra 1600, a Tuff Stuff Apollo 250, a Hoist 310 and a Body-Solid 3000 and they didn't come close to the M3.

4. dickev

dickev Active Member

Probably doesnt qualify as compact, and is much more expensive (so direct comparison is unfair), but the best home gym by a large margin is the Titan.
    This is what John Stone works out on. I have one myself (with added pec deck at front and 2nd bench at back)
    Unfortunately there are "issues" with getting one in the U.S. at the moment.

Attached Files:

#4 dickev, Nov 4, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  5. BloodNinja

BloodNinja Active Member

tsg2513, thanks for the reply, I'm very glad to hear you're still happy with your gym since we had the M4 delivered and assembled last week. Knowing that you've put yours through the paces and it's held up is great news, these machines are pricey and a some input from a "real" person is a great. I read a few reviews, what few I could find, but I'm not always sold on those as genuine.

I'm going to angle for a squat rack to go next to it, I think with that and a bench I'll be able to do about everything I'll need, for a while anyway.

dickev, well I say that is one impressive gym, unfortunately my wife wouldn't go anywhere near that, and if I put that upstairs it wouldn't be up there long before it came crashing back through to the first floor. But I would love to have one of those, very nice gym!

6. tsg2513

Did you get it with the new Iso-Lateral Leg Press? It's as amazing as the gym itself. If not, you may want to add that before you try to squeeze in a Squat Rack.

Attached Files:

7. BloodNinja

BloodNinja Active Member

Actually we decided to wait and see on the leg press, I need to swing by Hest and try it out again. I remember liking it but was concerned about the space it would take up just for one or two exercises. I'd like a rack of some sort to squat in and use a bench in, but I'm trying to really pick and choose what we put in the workout room, I want to make sure it's versatile. We have a treadmill we're looking to move out, if we do that will give us enough room for both.

I saw this the other day in Dicks and loved the functionality of it, very cool, but way overpriced piece of equipment. If it ever drops I'd be tempted to grab it and a bench to go with it.

[​IMG]

Features

Traditional Body Weight Movements: pushups, pull-ups, dips, rows, split squats, and knee raises
    Suspension Ring Exercises: pushups, pull-ups, dips, inverted rows, 1 legged squats, and leg curls
    Foundational: Barbell Lifts: bench press, incline press, military press, bent-over rows, squats, deadlifts
    Core Conditioning Training: heavy bag work, bag squats, cleans to shoulder, burpee/thruster combo, zercher squats, and lunges (weights and barbells not included)

8. Stomp

Stomp Well-Known Member

Curious what both of you still think about the product. I'm waffling between the M3/M4 (leaning toward the M4) vs. a smith machine & free weights. I know what the non-machine crowd thinks about machines in general. Curious to know what users of the Inspire products think. Thanks for any feedback.

9. BloodNinja

BloodNinja Active Member

Stomp, I love it and have been using the heck out of it. I supplement it with core and free weight exercises but it's one heck of a machine, and I love, love the cables. TSG has the leg press which I think I'm going to add this year, he seemed to really like it. Whatever they're asking lowball the heck out of them on the price, we got ours almost 1500 off the asking price for the M4, which the way things are today you might could even get them to come down more.

I'd pay them to set this monster up though, I can't imagine trying to put this thing together.

10. Stomp

Stomp Well-Known Member

Thanks, BloodNinja. Went ahead and went for it today - went with the M4. Should be here next Saturday. Really looking forward to it & hoping I'll enjoy it as much as you have.

11. pharbath

pharbath Active Member

Stomp,

I am curious is you got a deal far below retail on this machine, like others have suggested. They are sooo much more expensive then
    most home gyms, I am wondering hom much wiggle room there
    is to get the price down to something more reasonable.

thanks

12. Stomp

Stomp Well-Known Member

I guess "far below" is all relative. I'm sensitive to stating pricing on the board, but will say that my out the door & installed cost was substantially below the MSRP (even after taxes/shipping/installation). Not quite the deal the bloodninja got (seems really good), but I still feel good about it given the quality & functionality of the unit relative to the other things I was looking at. My guess is each retailer differs (the two I spoke with did), but in this economy I'd agree with the previous comment that they're hungry & looking to move product.

Sorry to be cryptic - just trying to be sensitive to all the people trying to make a living selling this stuff ;-)

13. pharbath

pharbath Active Member

Did you get it locally or did you happen to get it over the net?

Phiol

14. Stomp

Stomp Well-Known Member

Hi Phil - you've got a PM.