1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Initial Body Changes...

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by sbidgo, Apr 18, 2012.

1. sbidgo

sbidgo Active Member

Hey everyone, quick (and maybe stupid) question for you! I've started eating very clean over the last few weeks, have dropped around 7 pounds so far (3 weeks ish) and have been doing a P90X style workout (I say style because I've been bad at hitting the cardio days). I feel like I have gained some strength, endurance and feel tighter but in doing some body fat tests I notice that I've actually lost 3 - 4 pounds of lean body mass. I am not sure that this is accurate, but if it is I assume that it could be from water loss. Does this theory sound accurate, have you seen similar results?

Thanks!

2. Robert2006

Robert2006 Active Member

What kind of test?

But it's impossible to lose 100% fat. You've mentioned water loss . You will lose some muscle. You want to minimize the losses but some will be lost.

3. user786

user786 Active Member

If by eating clean you have dropped your carb levels then yes that loss
    of water/gycogen is normal and once you increase your carbs then it will go back on. Just got to focus on retaining your strength as that will be a better indicator of lean muscle retention .