1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

improvement pictures?

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by cullenbatt11, Dec 17, 2010.

1. sauron256

sauron256 Active Member

I reckon after two months of Mastover's plans you'll see a huge difference in your pics. :)

Lift heavy and make sure your nutrition is adequate.

2. cullenbatt11

cullenbatt11 Active Member

i hope so, im an ectomorph so its gonna be tough no matter what to gain muscle mass.

3. cullenbatt11

4. cullenbatt11

i think my nutrition is messed up so im not doing as well as i would like.

breakfast: 2 servings of oatmeal with slimfast. 490 calories. 30g protein, about 60g carbs, 8g of fat.

lunch (pre workout meal): another 2 servings of oatmeal with slimfast. 490 calories. 30g protein, about 60g carbs, 8g of fat. total for day so far: 980 calories 60g protein, 120g carbs, 16g fat.

post workout meal: Optimum nutrition protein shake made with skim milk. 210 calories. 32g protein, 2g carbs, 2g fat. egg beaters omelet with ham 250 calories, 35g protein, 0g carbs, 2g fat. total for day: 1440 calories, 127g protein, 122g carbs, 20g fat.

pre dinner snack: leftovers from previous nights diner (something high in lean protein and some carbs). 300-500 calories, 20g+ protein, 50g carb(maybe), low fat(varies). totals for day: 1940 calories, 147g protein, 172g carbs, 20-25g fat.

diner: lean protein, some carbs and veggies meal. 300-500 calories, 20+g protein, 50g carbs, low fat.

totals for day: 2500 calories (about)
    167g protein, 222g carbs, 30g fat.

this varies a lot from day to day cause by now i am tired of egg beaters and often dont have the willpower to eat eggs so i just wrap up like 5 slices of ham and eat that instead. also since im eating leftovers calories/protein/carbs/fat all vary from day to day.

i would love some suggestions on how to improve my diet. "gaining muscle is 80% diet, 20% workouts" i heard that somewhere and i really need to improve my diet.

also on a side note, does anyone know about p90x workout?

5. sauron256

sauron256 Active Member

Are you gaining weight? Is your strength improving?

To gain weight, add more calories. I'd add carbs after your workout. Maybe get some powdered Gatorade and take a scoop or two after training.

Make sure that you're gaining strength at the gym. Bust your butt and try to increase your weights every workout.

6. cullenbatt11

my strength is improving. i go up about 10lbs in a week and a half or less on any given muscle group. i havent weighted myself in a while cause im always trying to get home to drink my protein shake quick enough. ill prob try to weigh myself today. last time i checked i was 140lbs. im trying to stay away from excess sugar so i dropped gatorade from my routine but ill try and switch around the 2nd oatmeal after a workout instead for protein and carbs.

7. Jasd

Jasd Well-Known Member

Only 11% of your daily energy intake is coming from fats, and I don't see any healthy fat sources in there either. Try adding some nuts, fish oil, salmon or other healthy fats in your diet.

Your protein intake could probably be bit higher, for a 140lb person you should be getting at least 1.5 times that aka 210 grams in protein according to Lyle McDonald, at least.

8. cullenbatt11

9. cullenbatt11

what do you guys think about using the p90x system? it seems to give people good results and it accomplishes what i am going for.

10. Nyred

Nyred Well-Known Member

What ever system, diet or workout you choose you need to give it time.

Honestly, I don't think you're going to see great gains/losses until you give something a chance.

Start small; eliminate something every week. Junk food, soda, beer and/or processed foods.

Increase your cardio to about an hour a week.

Choose a whole body/core strength building program.

Give it 4-6 weeks. Tweak as necessary. Then look at yourself. I'm sure you'll see some positive results.

Someone said, " Body change is a marathon not a sprint".

11. Nyred

Nyred Well-Known Member

I think I scared him away.