1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Impex Marcy Smith Machine MWB 4360 and Marcy Smith Machine MD 9010

Discussion in 'Gym Equipment' started by ObeseAmerican, Jan 7, 2013.

1. ObeseAmerican

ObeseAmerican Member

So I just bought an Impex Marcy MWB 4360 Smith Machine. I've been reading online from some archived threads about this being a Sam's club model with linear brushings. Supposedly there was a Costco model that was identical except it had linear bearings.

As it turns out, mine is missing a piece, and I have to order it from the manufacturer. I figured while I'm at it, I might as well buy the linear bearings and put those on as well.

So does anyone know the model number of that otherwise identical model so I can buy the linear bearings for it? And are the rods or whatever they're called identical? So I should theoretically be able to slide the linear bearings on instead of the brushings and everything else will work?

The model I have seen mentioned a few times for sale at Costco is the Marcy Smith Machine MD 9010. I don't know if that is the "identical" model or not, hopefully someone will know. I'd really like to do this before I get this thing put together though. And since I have to offer a part from the manufacturer anyway, might as well do the bearings too.

I'm not worried about a color difference. I'll have no problem painting them to match.

Anyone know what I need?

#1 ObeseAmerican, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  2. HevyMetal

HevyMetal Well-Known Member

I don't know that having Linear bearings is going to make a huge difference.

Unless you are referring to the pulleys on your Impex.

Bearing pulleys are better than bushing pulleys.

But for the collar bushings where the Smith bar slides up and down on
    the tubing track.....I just use Silicone and get them nice and slippery.
    (I happen to have a Smithy in my basement among other things)

If you decide to use silicone......be careful you don't want to get it anywhere but where you want to use it.