1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm burned out and I haven't even started working out

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by Blinkbear, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Blinkbear

Blinkbear Well-Known Member

I'm workin 60-70 hours a week at two crappy, low-paying, part-time jobs just to pay off my bills and debts, plus save enough to have extra to pay for SGX (which was my initial reason for picking up a second job). I'm wore out! I can't wait til I have the extra cash to pay Swolecat and a few months of groceries then I can dump one of these damn jobs.

2. doordude42

doordude42 Senior Member

Good luck............really.:tu:

3. dluc

dluc Active Member

If you've already made the choice to get on SGX then you gotta do what you gotta do. That doesn't mean you can't go ahead and get a head start though. Make some small changes now so that when you start SGX, the transition will be easier. I've seen the work SC does and it's astonishing for the time frame it's accomplished in most cases. So I can only assume that it involves serious commitment. That being said, if you're going from not working out and not being used to multiple meals a day then it might be difficult to jump into SGX full throttle (again I'm just assuming that SGX is fairly intense, SC correct me if I'm wrong).

So I would suggest the following small changes to ease the transition:
    -Up your water intake throughout the day.
    -Eat 3 meals with a couple snacks in between at a minimum or even better try for 4-6 smaller meals throughout the day every 2.5-4 hours.
    -Decrease soda intake if you're currently drinking it.
    -Decrease junk food intake.
    -Get more veggies in your diet.
    -Spend a measly 30 minutes in the gym 3-4 days a week learning basic compound movements.

There are probably more small changes you could make but I think the above list will help:tu: Good luck and make sure to let us know how the progress is with SGX.

#3 dluc, Nov 20, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2006
  4. Blinkbear

Thanks for all of those great tips. Oddly enough, about that one part, I had a Diet Coke in my hand as I was reading it. I think you scared me out of it, lol.

5. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

diet soda is fine.

6. needachange

needachange Active Member

Yeah don't go balls out and eliminate everything all at once you'll drive yourself crazy in a week. You need something simple to get you started and ween yourself off of that stuff, start slow. I know it sounds cliche but trust me pretty much everyone on here has made the mistake of diving in head first and then getting frustrated and nearly give up.

7. Blinkbear

Haha..cool. It just freaked me out cuz he was like "If you are currently drinking soda, stop doing it." Oddly enough i was currently drinking soda at that instant. Made me chuckle

8. stallion16

stallion16 Well-Known Member

I say while you're waiting to get on the SGX wagon, u can def. post up your current diet and training plan now. I'll be happy to critique it, as I'm sure other members will also help you out.

If you wanna go on SGX thats great, but why not start now, while you're waiting.