1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

I seem to be pinching a nerve while jogging?

Discussion in 'General Health/Fitness & Injuries' started by Unfit, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Unfit

Unfit Active Member

I'm not sure.

My feet after walking for a while or jogging for a while get that feeling of "slept on over the night". Gets a bit numb. Tingling sensation like all the blood is out (and maybe it is...).

It happens around the 20-50 minute mark of jogging/walking.
    It's a bit weird though. It happens kind of randomly. Sometimes somewhat quick (especially when jogging on cement). Sometimes it takes a good while, over and hour of walking/jogging (I alternate, probably mostly walk). Sometimes it happens after a while of walking slow.
    Then sometimes it doesn't happen at all.

Another thing is it used to happen to both my feet. Now it just happens to my right foot (though if I kept walking I think it would happen to the left too).

I'm not sure why it's so random and why it doens't happen sometimes. Also sometimes it won't happen for weeks at a time. Then it'll happen every day for a while.

I've tried changing my walking/jogging posture and strategy.
    I'm not sure if it's a pinched nerve or poor circulation or cloggy feet arteries. I'd think it wouldn't skip weeks at a time if it was one of those. Maybe blood pressure? But my last check had it at normal levels.

I've tried insoles. I've tried losening my shoes. I've tried buying new shoes.

I can fight past the normal exercise stuff but my feet going numb and tingly? Can't really get past that... I feel like it's severely limiting my advancement (I haven't upped the speed or amount of jogging in a while because I have to stop).