1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

I really need some help...

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by cali_905, Apr 8, 2005.

1. cali_905

cali_905 Well-Known Member

First off, I'm a new member and this is my first post, I've had the chance to look around this site and come to only only one conclusion... many of you know your bodybuilding inside out...

I weigh 134 lbs :-(
    I'm @ 5'9"
    I'm 21
    and my waistline is @ 31"

My question is this...

I'm small boned and nothing works for me... I tried a weight gainer before and nothing :-| lol...

I want to bulk up... I'm so tired of looking like a "90 lb weakling..."

My main goal is to first show my six pack, it's covered up even though I'm thin :-|

WHAT ARE the best steps to losing the "gut" that I currently have... and exposing my abs to the max?

Now, even though I only weigh the 134 lbs I can easily bench 185 lbs (2 sets of 3 reps), and then 135 lbs is my usual and I go 3 x 10 for that one...

Therefore, 2 things:

-a program for my abs (should I incorporate a lot of cardio)
    and
    -as for supplements, so far I'm taking PROTEINS+ http://www.greenspluscanada.com/en/products/proteins.html
    and my MULTI-vitamins http://www.jamiesonvitamins.com/product_item.asp?id=132

I am considering GLUTAMINE, can anyone comment on Glutamine and if it would be good for me to take?

Any advice is greatly appreciated... I just want to have my abs exposed for July 1st (as my gf from Europe is coming here for good and I really want to surprise her), as for major weight gains I'm not concerned for now but am considering by the end of this year...

BTW, I quit smoking 3 weeks ago!!! :-) those stats are @ http://magicstick.no-ip.info :D

Later for now everyone... ;-) :bb:

2. ellipticer

ellipticer Well-Known Member

Eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat... and when you're really full.... eat some more. You already have all the supps you need with protein and a multi-vitamin. Until you start really gaining weight (from food!) nothing else will really matter.

Can you post your an example of your daily diet?

3. cali_905

cali_905 Well-Known Member

I don't have a "set" daily diet... :-| Everyday is different for me... but typically I eat breakfast at around 8am... then a snack at 10... lunch @ 11:30 or so...dinner @ 5:30-6... and following that I usually eat something after 7... I do consume a lot of carbs in my diet and a lot of meat... (but my times usually get messed up because of school too, university is killin' me...) lol

I've attached a pic that was taken today...

[​IMG]

P.S. What about glutamine?

Attached Files:

4. ellipticer

ellipticer Well-Known Member

Either way you're going -- losing weight or gaining weight -- requires one initial bit of dedication. You have to write down exactly what you eat and figure out what was in it. Its OK to approximate if you don't know exactly, but changing your weight requires knowing what you eat. It might also require you to change how you eat.. like cooking a bunch of meals a head of time for the rest of the week to take with you. Once you start writing it down, calculate what was in it here: http://www.fitday.com

About the supplements... glutamine is controversial whether it works at all, but in general, until you get your eating down, nothing you buy will change your build. Even if you inject yourself with illicit substances, you need to eat correctly to put on weight. Personally, I wouldn't suggest losing weight to see your abs; that would most likely work much better if you added some muscle first.