1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

I really like Donald Trump. Not much about him I don't like.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by diggity, Dec 21, 2006.

1. SeanB.

SeanB. Active Member

Here you go. This clip has her original rant as well as his reply. She definitely started the personal attacks. Also, pay attention to her voice and expressions when she is talking about the crown and Miss USA crying to Donald - seems like there is some misplaced anger there.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4D719Pj_u8

2. Chameleon

Chameleon Well-Known Member

thanks... I haven't watched that yet, but I wanted to clear one thing up... I KNOW that she started it, but that doesn't make his reply any less immature and childish... as a grown adult and business person he should know better :nod:

3. Chameleon

Chameleon Well-Known Member

HA.... I got a good :lol: when Rosie moved her hair over to make fun of Trumps hair :lol:

4. SeanB.

SeanB. Active Member

After you watch the video, your opinion of him will be somewhat tempered. His response is childish, but she bashed him pretty hard, and it's understandable that he would want to lash out in a personal way.

5. SeanB.

SeanB. Active Member

It would be funny if it were good natured fun, but nothing about her is good natured.

6. crupiea

crupiea Well-Known Member

It all just seems too staged, like everything else these celebrities do. How many times did he mention the View? Neither one of them are stupid or so emotional that they don't know how to behave in front of a camera. It's bologna. But look how much free buzz it's causing.

7. SeanB.

SeanB. Active Member

You are probably right about that. The whole reason she was brought on the the View was to stir up controversy to draw ratings, and Lord knows he's a shameless self-promoter.

8. minilifter

minilifter Well-Known Member

Hijack - Crupiea or anyone else who knows what is the painting in your avatar?

9. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I think it would be kinda of interesting to see through the whole thing

This is the best video I could find of the start of the Ms USA controversy... it's from John Stewart.... so you know....;) I think you see a brief ad for an Xbox at the start. You have to scroll down for the clip on Miss USA Pagent.

This gives a more complete video of Tara's tearful response (as Stewart cuts it off for joke purposes.

This is a more complete youtube video of the whole discussion on the View... It goves a more complete (and funnier) picture than the one above -- though that is a very good edit. In this one you see the debate between the View members as to Rosie's position.. though she does drown people out... but I do think Rosie is a hoot.... If you notice, Rosie's remarks pretty much tracks Jon Stewart's... so she is obviously not alone in what she expresses...

Here is again, the complete interview with the Donald re: Rosie's remarks... you be the judge re: the info I posted on both Rosie and the Donald,

And here is Rosie's response to Trump's remarks about her...

Just tick off a list of what Rosie said and what Donald said... I would be interested in people's differing opinions.

Whatever, this is going to be fun..... :lol:

#29 Justitia, Dec 22, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
  10. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Here is from an earlier thread:

And here is a link to posters of his collection... really nice...

I've been thinking about ordering a couple....

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

I agree with everything that Justitia wrote yesterday. I too have never been able to figure out the fascination with Trump or how he manages to perpetuate an image that is so far removed from reality. I have no respect for his abilities aside from a knack for self promotion.

12. SeanB.

SeanB. Active Member

For some reason, John Stewart's bit comes off as funny and harmless, whereas Rosie seems to be more venomous. There is definitely a difference in the delivery.

I'm going to have to start watching Stewart. The only time I've ever seen his show, has been on YouTube clips and they always leave me laughing.

13. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Stewart is great! I don't have a TV but you can get his show in clips on internet streaming. I have a Google personalized homepage (it's free) and one of the links I have on there is to his site. I always watch a couple from him and Stephen Colbert before I go to sleep at night.

I read a report that something like 50% of young people get their news from Stewart... who can blame them... hearing it stone cold makes you cry.

14. prawn

prawn Active Member

the fact that anyone can find Donald Trump to be one iota above revolting and disgusting saddens me.

15. SeanB.

SeanB. Active Member

I feel exactly the same way about Rosie. We clearly aren't dealing with the cream of the crop in this debate. :lol:

16. Chopaholic

Chopaholic Well-Known Member

really? i thought rosie's piece was a pretty funny bit pf physical comedy.

i found trump's attack to be ad hominem misogyny. and i can't figure out why "celebrities" think reacting to comedy sketches is going to do anything other than make them look like thin-skinned, humorless idiots.

17. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

My, Choppie.... as always, you sliced that right to the bone.... :cool:

18. SeanB.

SeanB. Active Member

It was not a "sketch," it was an attack, albeit a funny one. He gets made fun of all the time about his appearance (hair) and manerisms, this went a bit further and got personal.

I'm not defending Trump. He's so full of himself, it's not even funny. However, it seems like by slamming Trump, a lot of others are raising Rosie up to a level she doesn't desrve. She is very mean spirited and jumps to ridiculous conclusions.

19. Mick Mauldin

Mick Mauldin Well-Known Member

:claplow:

Trump is no moral compass. This is the jest of her comments and the reasoning for the initial punch. How is Rosie wronng?

adultery and arrogance are not very good morals if you ask me. :nono:
    Mick

20. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Does anyone think that Trump's decision yesterday to sue the town of Palm Beach, Florida for $10,000,000 for citing him for violating their zoning laws by flying a huge flag on his lavish Mar-A-Lago estate is a sideways expression of his frustration at not being able to get back at Rosie for making him such an object of ridicule?

From the Associated Press:

Palm Beach cited the Donald back on November 3rd for violating zoning codes by hoisting a 15-by-25-foot flag atop an 80-foot pole.

The citation was for having a flagpole taller than 42 feet, for not obtaining a building permit and for not getting permission from the landmarks board. Failure to comply would lead to fines of $250 a day.

The Donald's attorneys said yesterday that flying the flag is a constitutionally protected expression of free speech - and that the large flag and pole is a proper match for the size of the real-estate mogul's patriotism.

When interviewed, Mar-A-Lago said the Donald was the best sex it ever had.... *

[​IMG]

-

*This is a send-up of Marla Maples' statment when asked about her illicit relationship with the Donald who was still married to his first wife at the time. The above words were her response...:lol: I wonder what the Donald thinks of Rosie O'Donnell's constitutionally protected expression of free speech... :confused:

#40 Justitia, Dec 24, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2007