1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

I really like Donald Trump. Not much about him I don't like.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by diggity, Dec 21, 2006.

1. diggity

diggity Well-Known Member

2. karatetricker

karatetricker Well-Known Member

:lol: That was great. Thanks for the link.

3. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

I agree -- She deserved it. She attacked him on her show for no reason. She's a comedian, but she wasn't being funny, just malicious. I'm glad he responded the way he did.

4. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

5. TheRyanator

TheRyanator Well-Known Member

I love the comment Donald makes about taking some money out of her fat-ass pockets!! :lol: :lol:

ha ha, "I'll probably sue her" he says it as if he files lawsuits for fun...oh wait he did say something to that effect..."I'll probably sue her, because it would be fun..."

Good stuff!

6. EliteTraining

EliteTraining Active Member

So who do you think will come out of this as the victor? As much as I am tempted to lean towards the Don, I got to say Rosie. As history shows, Donald is no stranger in the court room. You better watch out though, better not call him poor or else youll really get it:nono:

7. ToddB

ToddB Well-Known Member

"The Rosie" lifter her foot and stepped in it again. I don't know what Trump is sueing her for, but this could be an interesting fued.

8. jaydfwtx

jaydfwtx Well-Known Member

Bah... Last year, they manufactured a feud between him and Martha. This year it's between him and Rosie. Guaranteed way to get your name in the headlines, with a mention of your upcoming show.

9. williamso

williamso Well-Known Member

Yup!

10. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I did not see the stuff that Rosie said but obviously it has caused a big hulabaloo...

But the Donald was pouring out a lot of BS about his supposed success:

Here is from Wikipedia (which I know is not the most reliable source -- but what is said here is completely accurate -- his business bankruptcy led to a major case in Securities law as to what constitutes misleading information with regard to selling securities. I have taught this case numerous times over the years.... It was with regard to his selling practices when he was selling securities to investors in his enterprise)

Donald Trump is a walking financial train wreck and a spoiled brat.

The Donald's wealth is all inherited, very little of his ventures have ever been successful... he has lost tons of money and a lot of other people's money. He turned to other family members to bail him out and they refused. The only reason the Donald is worth anything today is because of limited liability and bankruptcy protection laws.

I think he is a big joke, full of hot air... he is also a sleeze... apart from the fact that he cheated on his wife Ivana, he made Marla Maples sign a very vicious pre-nup agreement which she was not presented with until just before the wedding. He backed her into a corner. The terms of the agreement was that she get very little if the marriage lasted less than three years. The Donald dumped her literally weeks before the 3 years was up and went around bragging about it, how he got out of giving much money (though it still was $2 million.)

Also his remarks that Rosie O'Donnell was a failure and that she left her show because of poor rating throughout its years that got only worse, the Donald should only wish he had a fraction of success in his endeavors that she has had.

Again from Wikipedia

For a list of the awards her talk show won see: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115338/awards

The Donald in listing her supposed failures references the magazine that bore her name. It actually was McCall's magazine, once a very popular housewife magazine but was failing in modern times. Their last ditch effort to save was to ask Rosie to add her name with a promise to develop it along the lines of Oprah Winfrey's Oprah magazine. She agreed but within a year it became apparent that what she understood they were going to do was different than they were doing and it went against her values. She quit the magazine, they sued and the judge dismissed the case.

He also claims the ratings of the View has fallen since she joined the show... quite to the contrary:

He also mentions that she will be gone in a few months... if he knows about it at all, there has been a leaked rumor that Rosie herself is thinking of quitting because she is tired of the conflict with the more conservative element on the View and would prefer to spend time with her family. Though Rosie has quite adamantly denied this saying on the View "where Rosie is going is right here..."

If she does decide to leave... the Donald will probably claim "I told you so.":lol:

Donald Trump relies on the dirtiest form of political statements by making unfounded and false charges, in this case of Rosie being a loser in every one of her ventures. That is more applicable to him than to her.

I am posting all this, not because I am such a fan of Rosie O'Donnell, though I do like her... but I don't even own a TV. I am posting this because Donald Trump is a fraud... he has been as long as I have known about him which is close to 20 years. He swims in press aura of being an extremely successful man (which for the life of me, I cannot figure out how it persists, with all the news journalists looking to dig up dirt... he must have one helluva PR machine... :doh: ) and as a result of this false image 100's of people have lost a lot of money, people's retirement funds wiped out.

Though I have to admit I do not understand Rosie's change in personality from Queen of Nice to more aggressive personality.... I don't follow her life closely enough to have a sense.

But one has to be careful whom one chooses to admire... not everyone even slightly resembles their press.

#10 Justitia, Dec 21, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  11. EliteTraining

Wait a second, could this be true? We all know Donald Trump was on the brink of bankruptcy in the 90s, but was able to return hence the name "comeback kid"..but is he facing the same problem again? I find that hard to believe..I find this guy a financial genius...anyone that can have their name written over half the place in one of US most expensive cities and around the world has got to have some tricks up his sleeves.

12. HevyMetal

HevyMetal Well-Known Member

Justitia....."You're Fired !!"

Donald.

13. Devery

Devery Well-Known Member

Maybe we need to post a poll on this one. I've heard people say that Rosie said what every American wanted to say to Donald, but I kind of enjoyed Donald's comeback. Yes, a bit immature, but very entertaining. I say put them in Sumo suits and let them duke it out on Prime Time.

14. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

I side with Donald on this one -- Mostly because Rosie's attack on him was completely unprovoked and unnecessarily nasty. It was nice to see her get a little of her own medicine.

15. EliteTraining

Thats the best summary I heard about all of this...Donald is a genious in the world of finance, but thats about it. Trump this, Trump that, enoughs enough...I would like to leave a mark in this world like the next person, but naming every dust after me and sueing everyone that dirts my good name and empire...well :confused: ...now a days ppl are just so comfortable with the concept of sueing...you can sue ppl because they make you fat, you can sue a person because they made your coffee too hot, you can sue a publisher for callin you a millionaire instead of billionaire (like trump did and failed)....there def. needs to be a law against all of this

16. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Whew...thank G*d I got tenure....[​IMG]

17. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

:nope:

Yeah... his trick is to trade on his name, get other people's money to build something and stick his moniker on it before it goes bankrupt, he loses his ownership share and all the investors lose their shirts.

Like, who is Paris Hilton? What did she ever do to become the talk of the town? ..... It ain't hard to get a name with inherited wealth.

18. iceweaselsarecool

iceweaselsarecool Well-Known Member

Exactly.

I hate both of them equally, and I look forward to them heaping insults on each other. The Donald is a serial failure in business and his personal life. Rosie is a slovenly irrational animated turd-puppet.

19. SeanB.

SeanB. Active Member

This all started with Rosie's assertion that Donald was trying to make himself some sort of "moral compass." This claim makes no sense. He co-owns the Miss America pageant, if not him, than who else should have made the decision as to whether or not she was allowed to keep the crown? If he'd condemned her and taken the crown, then maybe you could say he was enforcing his morals, but the fact is, he let her keep her title and get help with her drinking problem. I'd call that morally neutral. He didn't condemn her, but likewise, he did not condone her actions.

I think Rosie just wanted to indirectly bash the pageant scene since it goes against her liberal lesbian agenda. You could tell by the way she talked mockingly about her "crown." That's fine if that's her "View" but she shouldn't try to disguise it as an attack on Trump who was acting as the spokesperson for his business. I suspect that the gay/lesbian community may be getting tired of her trying to be their defacto spokesperson. I'm sure a lot of them don't agree with a great deal of her agenda.

His remarks since then have been as childish as hers, but as far as the initial argument, she was just wrong. I predict she'll be off The View within a year. She acts purely on emotion and allows for no other opinions than her own. She screams for tolerance and shows none. She made a fool of herself slamming on Kelly Ripa for being homophobic for not letting Clay Aikin put his hand over her mouth during a show. Plenty of people wouldn't appreciate that regardless of the sexual orientation of the person putting their hand on your mouth. Ripa called into the show live and showed Rosie to be the irrational person she is.

#19 SeanB., Dec 22, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
  20. Chameleon

Chameleon Well-Known Member

frankly I can't stand Donald Trump, he's a pompous ass, but the video of him slamming Rosie was funny in a very childish way.... frankly I find it very amusing (and I'm a bit surprised) that someone who's supposedly such a huge success would use such childish, immature language in a televised interview :nono: :rolleyes:

I have yet to actually read or hear what Rosie said.. I heard bits and pieces that were read by radio personalities locally, but can't seem to find anything else on it... although I admit that I haven't tried that hard either, but simple searches on google & utube didn't turn up much of anything other than Trumps tirade :rolleyes
    :