1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

I need a haircut...

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by BlueThunder, Apr 20, 2010.

1. BlueThunder

BlueThunder Well-Known Member

So I totally failed to do my Tough Mudder event. Though there was a mix up with the T-shirts so even though I didn't go to the event since the T shirts weren't available on the day of, they mailed everyone's t shirts to their home address. So I got the shirt...but caI'n't really wear it without being kind of a fraud. :( I've also creeped up in weight. Around 170 now and I missed the last two days of working out. So I'm going to try to start tomorrow fresh and see how long I can keep a good eating and working out streak going.. Oh and I also flaked on the Tough Mudder because I can't really swim and I was a little worried about swimming out of the lake after jumping off the plank...but its a flimsy excuse. My car was also about to break down when I was supposed to go...but I could have rented a car.

Anyway. I'm back to being good. Paid to get my car repaired with lots of money I wish I didn't have to spend...but tis life.

I'm grateful that I still have my health and that I can still work towards being awesomely healthy. My next goal is to be nice and fit for a work rafting trip on June 16th. So tomorrow marks my journey to awesome.

:)

2. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Hey, that was going to be my excuse when I don't go on 4/29/12. :) I do plan on going, and will try to do every obstacle, but won't do any that I think are too dangerous for me. Jumping from the plank is a potential skip. I hate the idea of breaking my leg. I wouldn't be much of a runner with a broken leg.

3. BlueThunder

Well, I'm more loserish than ever. I ate nonstop yesterday because I was sad my elbow hurt and I probably have to take weeks and weeks off from weight training. I dunno what happened to it. Feels like the inside of my elbow at the bone part is just sore all the time. But I can't think of anything I've done differently in the past few months.

Well, so I major slipped. Weight this morning is 175.2 lbs. I plan to take all of May off from weight training in hopes my elbow stops hurting. Might try to ride my bike in the mornings and after work for 12 minutes each and continue to do cardio at the gym twice a week.

Anyway, Just kind of been in a bad mood lately and eating isn't that way to feel better. lol.

:/

4. FetteredApe

FetteredApe Active Member

Why not do leg exercises and compound lifts that don't involve your elbow? No need to take a whole month off. Go for it man! You can do it. :gl:

5. BlueThunder

I never really did leg exercises with all the cycling that I did. And now that I ride my bike before work every morning I don't want to over do it. My elbow is slowly feeling a tiny miniscule bit better. Maybe by July it will be good. I've kind of enjoyed not having to go to the gym as much. Hopefully in July I'll have a renewed vigor about weight training. I'm staying around 170 currently so that is pretty good. I'm going to try to lose down to 160 by Julyish...possibly.

Duude. My ex gf came over today since she got a job in my city. So I chatted with her 30 minutes before she left to get to her job on time. She looks great and I must have been crazy to let her go. But tis life. She's very happy with her new boyfriend so I kept things friendly and neutral. She still thinks of me as one of her best friends. Kind of a curse and a blessing I guess.

Anyway, I need some goals to get my mind onto something else....lol. I guess there is school finals coming up to occupy my mind...

6. BlueThunder

I was rereading some of my journal. Wish I could go back to April 2010 and yell at myself. Tell the past me I had more than I could ever hope for and to live in the present and stop being so dang depressed! Man I had a lot to be thankful for, but I just couldn't see it...

7. BlueThunder

Ok. So I think maybe if I post daily in my journal it will help me keep on track. I was reading Shamies journal and he talked about how posting daily is a crutch...but a crutch that works. So I think I will do the same.

Day 1 of new approach. 170.4 pounds.

8. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

I finally found someone to take my advice. :lol: I look forward to reading your journal.

9. BlueThunder

Well, that didn't work....I'm hopeless.

10. BlueThunder

Ok. Lets try again. My goal is going to be to post an update everyday after I brush my teeth so I won't be tempted to snack after I post. I'm going to say today is day 0. I'll post a starting weight tomorrow.

11. BlueThunder

So...I keep forgetting to weigh myself in the mornings. I'll do that tomorrow. So yesterday I forgot to post. But I ate 2 donuts at work yesterday. Kind of had to have the first donut. The head head boss at work and some other managers brought a few of us into a meeting to explain that they are bringing in a consultant to interview each of us individually to make an upcoming transition easier....So I kinda ate the donut they offered me...

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I went over 2000 calories, but I did manage an hour on the bike at the gym.

So tomorrow I'll post a starting weight.

12. BlueThunder

Ack. I'm not very good at posting. Wondering if I should not do Stats this summer. I think I was around 169.8 this morning. ack...

13. BlueThunder

I didn't do my stats class....kind of liked doing nothing this summer..well besides working. Weight is around 160ish. Trying to get down under 150 and then maybe weight train again. Signed up again for Tough Mudder at the end of this month. Hoping I can make it to the event this time and earn my t-shirt!

14. BlueThunder

Whoa. Reading my journal I sound like a big baby. I guess not much if anything has happened to me since I last posted. Well, other than I flew to see my first ex and spent an awesome time in DC. That was at the end of 2012. I haven't seen or spoken to her in at least 3 years. Haven't seen my other ex for at least 2 years. Although we are "face book friends". Same job and all the rest. No more nursing stuff. Once I saw my first ex and realized I was doing it to impress her and that I had no real passion for it I just stopped....and I don't even miss it a bit.

I'm mainly back though because I sorta slipped off my diet. I've been having a really hard time with binge eating lately. Its like once I start eating cinnamon toast I can't stop. Its a real weakness and its messing me up....

This site doesn't seem to be as high traffic as I remember....but maybe I can wrap up this fitness journal on a positive note before I retire it.