1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

I need a haircut...

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by BlueThunder, Apr 20, 2010.

1. BlueThunder

BlueThunder Well-Known Member

Well, I've been staying pretty much the same. I don't think I can keep going unless I'm seeing noticeable results each week. I remember i was so consistent the first 5 years of my 20's. No matter what I always completed my workout even if I ate badly. Doesn't seem to work that way anymore since working.

I'm gonna try to cut back my calorie limit to 2000 per day. I know for sure I'll be losing noticeable scale weight every week if I stick to this.

So thats the new plan. Probably wont update a lot. Gonna post a starting weight tomorrow and then my new goal is to reach 170 before 2011.

Anatomy is going alright. I was supposed to study like crazy this weekend, but I'm a lazy ass. Also have work stuff that I need to dress up for. And the week after this I'm gonna try to get registered as a volunteer for a local hospital.

I can't remember if I mentioned this, but my ex cut me completely out of her life and I actually have been feeling better recently. Its nice in a way to know that everything is closed on that.

So lots of things going on. Lol.

2. BlueThunder

3. Llirik

Llirik Well-Known Member

Good. Move on from that shit. Learn from that what you need, and take a step forward.
    Don't give up on weight loss or a workout regimen.

IM(very)HO, don't get hung up on counting calories just yet. If you feel like you need to eat less and healthier, do it. Primarily, I would work on setting a routine and cleaning up your diet overall.
    Keep posting in the journal - it will help keep you on track. I know it helps me. I feel guilty now when I skip a workout, not just before myself, but before anyone who might be reading my thread
    Every time you feel like you fail, start over. I've quit smoking, what must have been 50 times. Each time it got easier, and easier, and easier. Eventually, you'll get where you want to be.

Good luck

4. BlueThunder

Thanks.

Moving on is just living I guess. lol.

I'm not very consistent with anything. Feeling like I'm below the daily calories kinda makes me feel accomplished. So I've been sticking to that for......3 days straight! lol

Me

5. BlueThunder

I quit my gym yesterday since I haven't been really going all that much. But, I'm at 187.6 lbs. today. Been pretty consistent for about 3 weeks with my diet. I'm thinking of just working out in the garage and seeing how far that will take me. So I bought a weight vest to add a little more resistence to pullups, pushups, and dips. And I'll just ride my bike for cardio.

Still in my anatomy class. I have a lab and lecture test back to back so hopefully i do good.

I've actually been feeling more positive lately. I'm thinking it might be from the diet.

Thanks for reading.

6. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing. Best wishes on meeting your fitness goals. Your garage set-up along with the cycling and a good diet should get you where you want to be. Once you reach your goal, you may want to consider a better set-up for your garage or joining a gym again.

Keep posting here for the accountability and input from like-minded friends, even if they are just cyber-friends.:tucool:

7. BlueThunder

It might need an upgrade someday and I just couldn't justify wasting 30 bucks a month when I wasn't using my gym membership really. I think today I'll start using my garage pullups and stuff. I've just been trying to do my diet so far. Today down to 185ish.

I can tell when I put on clothes that I'm getting smaller. I'm gonna wait until I get under 180 to start cardio exercise. Right now I'm gonna try to do some weighted pull ups and push ups. It probably seems ultra simplistic, but I'm an ultra simple minded person. If things get to complicated for me then I tend to give up.

:)

8. BlueThunder

Ate too much cake for my birthday on tuesday. I'm suprised some of my coworkers remembered my b-day. Got a gag gift and really nice card from my old department. My gf got me 28 presents cause im 28 now. lol. One of them was a 40 pound dumbell set and stretchy exercise band. I have never used free weights ever or stretchy bands so I'm gonna have to see what I can do with these things.

I have no idea how much I weigh now since my scale in the bathroom broke or needs new batteries. I'm guessing probably about the same.

I'll probably start cardio next month. Maybe I'll start swimming some. Oh, and I got a B on my second Anatomy midterm! yay me.

Well, thanks for reading.

9. BlueThunder

Well, my scale started to spontaneously start working again. So this morning I weigh 182.6. Thats even after I had part of a small pizza last night at pizza antica. It was a super thin crust pizza with roasted peppers on top. Me and my gf split a "mexican coca cola" which is just a coke in a glass bottle. I guess it wasn't as bad for me as I thought, or all the walking we did last night burned it off.

I think I will definetly be in the 170's befor e thanksgiving.

10. BlueThunder

This morning I'm 182.0 lbs. I'm starting to think my laptop is radiating me "down there". Very weird tingly feeling. But I can't stop using my laptop.. hmm.

I've also been trying to figure out how to open a roth ira. I almost opened a brokerage roth ira, but now I'm thinking that I should open a simple mutual fund roth ira so I don't have to worry about fees and load expenses.

Well, not much really happening with me. I'm being transfered to another department at work. I was very close to getting promoted, but not quite. Was told I need to be more personable and I need to smile and introduce myself to people more. Being quiet is very much in my comfort zone though.

Anyway, should be 179.9 very soon, then I can begin cardio!

Thanks for reading.

11. BlueThunder

12. george mavridis

george mavridis Active Member

What, is over?

13. BlueThunder

I have no one to talk to anymore. A huge part of my life is just gone now. I've always been a loner. Guess I'll have to get into reading again.

I ate like crap yesterday. It was worth it.

14. BlueThunder

15. Buttersweet

Buttersweet Active Member

How about Meditations by Marcus Aurelius? here's the link
    http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/2680

EDIT: "From Claudius Maximus, [I have learnt] in all things to endeavour to have power
    of myself, and in nothing to be carried about; to be cheerful and
    courageous in all sudden chances and accidents, as in sicknesses: to
    love mildness, and moderation, and gravity: and to do my business,
    whatsoever it be, thoroughly, and without querulousness."

I always go back to it when I feel alone.

EAT. but eat CLEAN. and then exercise.

#75 Buttersweet, Nov 25, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  16. BlueThunder

Thanks for the reading suggestion. Things worked themselves out and I have a couple people I can talk to. I've been eating really bad though and I skipped my last workout. I have my final for my anatomy class next week. So I've been stressing out a bit. I need to learn to not procrastinate, but the payoff is immediate and powerful.

I'll be fit... eventually.

17. BlueThunder

Well, my gf and I broke up. I'm waitlisted for classes I need next semester and I've been eating like crud.

Not too bad really...

18. BlueThunder

So here goes again. I think I'll post tomorrows weight. I'll try to be consistent with eating and working out. Blah, all the new years stuff.

19. Rogozhin

Rogozhin Active Member

I hope you can stop thinking about your ex soon, it does no good whatsoever. I can empathize with your situation though.

20. BlueThunder

I'm still friendly with her. It wasn't a messy break up. Food has been bad lately. Mistakes at work abound. lol. I've been really good at exercise lately. Done a few weeks with no missed workouts. My grandma isn't doing too well. They are talking hospice. So not fun lately.