1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

I need a bf estimate please....

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by tr4nsf0rm3r, May 18, 2006.

1. tr4nsf0rm3r

tr4nsf0rm3r Well-Known Member

Date: May 18, 2006

Height: 5'10
    Weight: 154lbs
    Waist: 30.25"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Since I eased off SGX 1 month ago, I've been lifting at least 3-4 times a week, running at least 3-4 times a week (LISS), and maintained my diet eating a little more than normal on weekends, and still eating the same amount of protein. Funny thing is, I lost about 1lb and feel a little fatter (could it have been the ice cream from last Sunday?). In any case, I've been experimenting and trying to find a maintenance plan. I feel really good in general and am trying to find a maintenance calorie level that allows me to continue to gain muscle slowly and tighten up even more.

Here's a picture from April at the end of SGX: (156lbs)
    [​IMG]

1. What's my BF now?
    2. What's my BF back in April?
    3. Do you need better pictures for the best estimation or are these sufficient? I think the lighting was a little better in the April pic, but just factor that in your analysis.

Thanks folks.

#1 tr4nsf0rm3r, May 18, 2006
    Last edited: May 18, 2006
  2. TheRyanator

TheRyanator Well-Known Member

Off the top of my head I would say 12%?

Have you had it tested?

3. tr4nsf0rm3r

4. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017

Media:
    Albums:
    I'd say 10% now and 9% in april. You're just on the threshold of vascularity now and had veins popping a month ago. That would mean that at 8%, maintaining current lean mass, you'd weigh 150.5 lbs, which looks about right.

9.5% doesn't sound unreasonable.

I would put the fat feeling down to water retention. Are you taking any creatine? That'd do it too. SGX, in my experience, really leans you out while it burns fat.

It's also likely that you're suffering from the syndrome of being at a very low bodyfat% and being able to see and feel the slightest gain. John's always talking in his updates about being bloated and puffy after cheats and weekends.

Still lookin' good man. ;)

M@

5. ErikTheRed

ErikTheRed Well-Known Member

My guess would be 11-12% Looking good.

6. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

11.78% april, 13.4% now

7. SwoleCat

SwoleCat Well-Known Member

You look pretty much the same in both, still thin.

Don't get caught up in numbers that don't mean much at all.

Just focus on what your goals are, whatever those may be, and strive towards those. I never understood the bodyfat thing myself. I just cut/bulk/work/etc., until I like what I see.

If I was 6% but looked like crap, I'd be pissed.

Or, if I was 12% but looked great, I'd be happy.

It's not in the #, it's how you feel about yourself and your goals.

A number is just that, a number. It does nothing really.

~SC~

8. GymGurl

GymGurl Active Member

How the hell are you suppose to know your BF%. I'm very curious to know mine. If I was to show a pic of my fat bum would anybody be able to give me an estimate? I know it's just a number but I'm curious!!!!

9. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

sure, post, everyone likes pictures.
    i'm pretty good at estimating other peoples bf%, but only because i pull numbers out of my ass.

10. kaylov

kaylov Active Member

So true - it just takes most people a very long time to realize (myself included)

11. SwoleCat

Besides, I worked with him over the past months and I've seen him change quickly and nicely.

So, I know he has the genetics to do what he wants really, that's why I encourage him to go for his goals, and the numbers are automatically going to fall into place once you achieve those goals. :tucool:

~SC~

12. tr4nsf0rm3r

Funny what a number will do to your head. I decided to keep going and I got myself to 150lbs, water and carb depleted, and yeah I looked good, but I think the 12lb weight was too heavy.

What? I was experimenting!

I'm going on SUP2 (maybe after summer). I'll go eat like a pig for now and stop working out. Just kidding.

I'm keeping my cals, but getting rid of cardio for now. Time to build at least a little bit of muscle so that I can kick Swolecat's ass.

13. Timbermiko

Timbermiko Well-Known Member

12-ish...

For what it's worth, the sgx pic has the look of consistency...as the other , I don't know, maybe holding a bit more water? And the diet looks a little more "loose?

hope that makes sense.

T

14. Buster

Buster Active Member

Hi

Hey,

Out of interest, what weight were you before you started weight training, and how long have you been going? Have you ever been at 140lbs, and how long did it take you to get to 150?

Just asking because a while back I was on 140 and have been bulking since. Am hoping to get to your size in those pics by about 3 months time maybe, and we have similar body types I gather although you have some more mass.

Thanks!

15. tr4nsf0rm3r

check my journal in my siggy. note, that's only updated till the "end" of SGX. at this point, i'm just experimenting with my body and different maintenance diets.

note to all, lots of pizza and candy on memorial day weekend sucks. my abs disappeared. haha.

i think i want to try to get abs like swole's.... it just still pops out even when it's out of season. mine disappear the moment i put ice cream in my mouth.

16. SwoleCat

Thanks for the props on the abs bro, but they don't always pop out so nicely! :cool:

~SC~