1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

I have just commited a horrible sin

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by FattyMcFatFat, Jan 9, 2005.

1. FattyMcFatFat

FattyMcFatFat Well-Known Member

Hi. I was with my friends last night and I decided I would eat an entire large pizza and about half a pie, some chicken wings, chocolate and a large soda. Altogether it was about 3500-4000 calories in one meal. I know it's really stupid to do it, but lately i've been hearing that it could "jump start" your metabolism or something, cuz i've reached a plateau at 155 lbs and 5'8" and I figured it would make no difference if I did eat all that. Will there probably be a noticeable difference? I plan on continuing eating healthily. That night was an anomaly for me.

2. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

your cravings overcame you.. pretty natural thing.

eating that amount of food is not the greatest thing for your body. you will gain a few lbs easily, mostly from bloat (water retention)..

a few days of clean eating will take care of all that added weight

be thankful humans dont put on fat like lab rats :)

3. FattyMcFatFat

hmmm...can i wash the retained water out by.......drinking more water? lol i know that doesnt make sense. Maybe sweat it out? how do you not retain water?

4. SwoleCat

SwoleCat Well-Known Member

At 155 you are trying to gain weight right??

~SC~

5. RTE

RTE Well-Known Member

It might add a week to your goals.

6. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Don't worry about it. S**t happens. Learn from it, and move on. No worries bro, do better tomorrow!

My favorite quote of all time is "one meal won't make you fit and one meal won't make you fat." Just don't make a habit of it.

7. PeteBDawg

PeteBDawg Well-Known Member

Hey, man, relax. When you get down to it, it is just food, and as everybody else has pretty much said, one meal, even a huge one, doesn't really matter. It's all about the lifestyle you maintain in the long run.

I see you're a new member; may I suggest calling yourself "FattyMcFatFat" might be just a little counterproductive? Eating right and exercising can get you into whatever shape you want. Insulting yourself has no appreciable positive effect on the human body.

8. krosspyder

krosspyder Well-Known Member

bet that large pizza tasted good.

used to eat a large pizza once a week sometimes twice.

9. Sturm

Sturm Well-Known Member

Plateau at 155, 5'8''?

You are at a healthy weight, relax.

As the others have said, its just food - save the overreacting for a real mortal sin. You ate a bit of food that wasnt the healthiest option, but what's even less healthy is to obsess and fret over it. Setting yourself up for EDs and all sorts of other nasty effects....

10. FattyMcFatFat

well i'm 155 and 5'8, but still I am a kind of chubby, mostly around the chest (gynecomastia) and stomach. So yes, I am trying to lose fat still. Thx for the comments, I just wanted to kno what happened after a night of binging.

And about my name "FattyMcFatFat", I'm not doing it as an insult to myself. It's something only I understand, as in, tied to an inside joke.

11. alan aragon

alan aragon Well-Known Member

classic name, love it.

more frequent yet smaller degrees of consumption of pizza will lead to less catastrophic binges. for example, if you have a couple of slices 1-2 times a week, it might help reduce the tendency to eat a whole one. everyone's craving profile is different, but my experience has led me to conclude that most binges are often tied to certain foods being staunchly avoided for months or weeks at a time.

12. taffer

taffer Well-Known Member

i just dont know why everyone likes pizza so much, personally i only like cheese pizza's, or like pineapple and cheese
    i guessi could go for a chicken pizza, however i dont like ham/bacon, so that cancels out 99% of pizza toppings, probly why i dont like them much :)

13. krosspyder

krosspyder Well-Known Member

damn i love pizza. heaven must be something like all you can eat pizza and no caloric gain.

that sounds like heaven to me. make it pinapple pizza made by some chicks in a white robe and thats even more heavenly.... i'll spare the locust pizza for mr. john the baptist.

14. inurb

inurb Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad, sometimes I'll have a monthly binge like after a semester of school is finished where I basically kill a case of beer and eat pizzas or insane amounts of sushi in one evening. It helps to let loose every now and again.

15. jloiselle

jloiselle Well-Known Member

I am a programmer currently delivering pizza for a living. Now, imagine being around pizza all day and not being able to eat it. Good thing I've been preparing my own meals and bringing them to work, having been inspired by John Stone and this wonderful community.

A pizza delivery guy who can't eat pizza... go figure. :-)

So instead I've been downloading Indian Curry Chicken recipes and making myself meals I could've only had when going to stylish restaurants. Who said adopting a new diet had to be boring. I just can't have pizza.

16. txitalian

txitalian Well-Known Member

If pizza is your weakness, give my turkey pepperoni recipe a try every once in a while.

1 La Tortilla Whole Wheat Tortilla
    2 Tbsp Hunt's Garlic & Basil Tomato Sauce
    9 slices Hormel Turkey Pepperoni
    1/2 cup fat free mozzarella cheese

Preheat Oven to 375 degrees

Spray aluminum foil covered baking pan with olive oil cooking spray and bake tortilla for 3-4 minutes.

Take tortilla out and add tomato sauce to it, using the spoon to spread it evenly on the tortilla.

Sprinkle cheese on top of sauce

Place pepperoni slice on top of cheese (or vice versa)

Place back in the oven and bake for 3 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.

Let cool for a few minutes.

Open mouth

Chew

Calories-222
    Fat-6
    Carbohydrates-12
    Protein-30

Jason

Attached Files:

17. DaveFlutie

DaveFlutie Well-Known Member

Wow that looks/sounds delicious