1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

I don't poop much

Discussion in 'General Health/Fitness & Injuries' started by legend, May 19, 2004.

1. legend

legend Well-Known Member

:lol:

To be serious, I don't. I poop like once every 3 or 4 days maybe...And on top of that I don't feel bloated or bad usually. Could this be because my body is using everything I take in. I'm really cutting and eating extremely healthy and wholesome foods. Just wondering I suppose...is this normal? What is regular?

2. Craig

Craig Well-Known Member

LOL :D Nice thread :tu:

Well I think eating cleanly does have an effect on this. Before I would be regular as clockwork twice a day and now it's normally once a day or once every two days.

Make sense that if you put less crap in, less crap will come out.

3. badgolfer

badgolfer Well-Known Member

check out this web site and disreagrd if you think its junk but i used this on a tip from a friend of mine. it does everything it says it will. i am trying to avoid being graphic but does three feet more than once mean anything to you while i was using it. i had this much waste in my system. i did this about two years ago and i am much more regular now. get the powder and mix it in oj for best results and taste. it tastes terrible and you may have trouble getting it down but in a day or so (depending on how badly you are backed up) you will be rewarded.
    the website says it is safe but many people might argue that. it has the same fiber in it that John substitutes with (i think) just more of it per serving and some other ingredients. i have told other friends of mine and they all love the results.

http://www.clean-colon.com/01.asp?page=1

4. HateTheSun

HateTheSun Well-Known Member

:lol:
    I have wanted to post this same question to the community for some time now. I just didn't want to risk becoming John's "supidest question" on the home page. (currently unit size, LOL)

My calorie intake is really low, about 1000 per day. This has increased my storage time from 2 to 4 days. Amazing!

I think I'm going to stop there and just keep an eye on this thread, it may prove to be hilarious.

5. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

Make sure you're getting enough fiber in your diet, if not, supplement it. I also use a stool softener daily to keep things moving and softer. I suffered a fissure last year during my transformation due to the solidity of the waste product I was producing which eventually required surgery to correct. Trust me, you don't want that to happen to you. It's painful, time consuming to recover from, and to call it "unpleasant at best" is an understatement. It may sound funny, but the health of your excretory system is extremely important on the diet(s) we choose... and that's the "last stop" on the way out "the door", so it needs to be kept healthy and happy.

Ugh. What a confession to make...

-R

6. efk

efk Well-Known Member

Damnit... there was a link a while ago on some of the blogs I read - written by this woman (blogger I think) who had one... her story was VERY well written, light and informative... wish I could find it :(

I can tell stuff is getting... harder, but I'm not sure waht to do, plenty of fibure - about 40+ grams a day

7. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Well-Known Member

:d_eek:

8. Sock

Sock Well-Known Member

You would think that a subject such as this would be a deterrent to my compulsive habit of tracking things down on the web. Unfortunately, you would be wrong...

http://www.ambiguous.org/quinn/medical/fissure.html

9. Chim-Chim

Chim-Chim Well-Known Member

The toilet snake

diet could be the problem. I used to go 3 days before having "a movement" but now I am regular. When I say regular I mean same time every day to the second regular. Poop is so fickle!!

10. Presse

Presse Well-Known Member

On the subject of 'irreguler pooping' ...

I heard a doctor on a radio talk-show (Gabe Mirkin) often discuss situations where one can get bouts of very hard stools, interspersed with periods of very loose - diahrea like - stools. I recall him mentioning this was something to watch out for. He said increasing fibre intake would normally take care of it. Also, he mentioned that if gone untreated, this could lead or be indicative of a condition called 'Diverticulitis' (irreguler 'pouches' in the intestines).

FWIW

Ya can hardly get too much fiber!

presse

11. efk

efk Well-Known Member

Sock - I'm the one my friends come too when they need something found, you are the one I'm going to go to! awesome job
    wow.

12. pepito33

pepito33 Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me some time ago. Just up your fiber AND fat intake and you'll be fine. I eat 2 big salads and quite a lot of vegetables every day, and a bowl of Fiber One cereal every other day, and that is more than enough to keep me nice and regular :tu: :o If you need to take fiber supplements then your diet is lacking these foods, which BTW are very filling and extremely low in calories (never got why some people take fiber supps :d_confuse )

While everyone seems to be aware of this fiber issue, few people consider fat intake as an important factor. If you are eating so few cals (I spent a year on a 1000 kcal diet, and I tell you you don't want to lose weight that fast) your fat intake is probably ridiculous, and that is more than probably the cause of your "not pooping" :D

There are weight-loss (legal) pills that prevent your body from absorbing 33% of the fat you eat, and it's stated in the prospect that the extra "fat waste" will cause diohrrea (I'll throw a party the day I manage to spell that right :lol: ).

Anyway, hope that helped and... :gl: :lol: :lol: :lol:

13. efk

efk Well-Known Member

I'm taking drastic measures - Coke!!!
    I haven't had one in a while, but the caffine always used to make me go.
    and is it true you can't have enough fiber? I'm up to around 40g a day... should I be higher? - For the first 4 weeks of this diet change, I was super regular, but now... I think its too hard, maybe I shold use a softener

14. legend

legend Well-Known Member

Hahahaha. I don't think its a result of me not getting enough fiber, just a result of this healthier diet and lifestyle... To be safe, what kinds of foods are most fiberous? I eat a bowl of raisen bran every day.

15. pepito33

Let's see...vegetables like cauliflower and broccoli are uberfiberous, and celery is 100% pure fiber. For more info on the "fiber ratio" of different foods check out discussfitness.com forums, they have lots of info on this matter there.

By the way...it's not enough to eat lots of fiber, you have to drink lots of water too. In fact, eating fiber and not drinking enough water will cause you to lower your....trips to the bathroom (General, we're running out of euphemisms!!!)

However, I still think your problem has more to do with fat intake than it has to do with fiber. Just try to eat more fats for a day or two and see/smell it yourself :lol: BTW, coffee or coke might also help you in finally....delivering the package :lol: :lol: :lol:

See you around!

PS: Please join me in telling extremely bad jokes about this. Thank you :D

16. pepito33

Keep on trying! And remember...you're not alone.

[​IMG]

PS: Someone kill me and put an end to my misery...I just can't stop :o

17. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Whether you intended it to be or not, the below remark is racist. Please avoid such comments on these forums in the future. Thanks.

18. legend

legend Well-Known Member

sorry john, wasnt meant to be like that obviously. feel free to delete any posts that may be tainting this poop thread. i hope you dont have a bad opinion of me now.

19. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Not at all. I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it. Happy pooping. :)

20. Speed Trials

Speed Trials Well-Known Member

Maybe in the future you could just refer to it as "taking the Browns to the Superbowl." ;)